PDA

View Full Version : Desmond Marrow

KMG 365
07-26-2012, 11:46 AM
Is there any news concerning Desmond Marrow? He's the UDFA cornerback out of Toledo. The reason I ask is that 36 hours ago he tweeted about going though some adversity (https://twitter.com/D3_Marrow). He hasn't had an update since and I was wondering if everything was all right. Maybe he got injured or something else happened to him. I was hoping if someone that has sources with the Texans could ask.

I know he's a longshot to make the 53, but I'm pulling for the kid.

Thanks

Rey
07-26-2012, 01:05 PM
Don't know anything about his adversity, but I like what I've read and the little I've seen about his ability.

Big long kid with good speed and agility. Need to see him in action though.

ArlingtonTexan
07-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Well, this might be the adversity

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Texans-release-Jason-Ford-Desmond-Marrow/788f9291-db91-4571-8bca-5b1962492df2

CloakNNNdagger
07-26-2012, 06:14 PM
He's certainly had a collegiate football career of hardship, having to take 2 years of injury medical redshirt, and graduating after his 6th year. Supposedly he took Houston over other offers. Maybe, he will catch on with one of those other teams.

Former Rocket Marrow running down a dream in Houston (http://www.toledofreepress.com/tag/desmond-marrow/)

KMG 365
07-26-2012, 08:41 PM
Well, this might be the adversity

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Texans-release-Jason-Ford-Desmond-Marrow/788f9291-db91-4571-8bca-5b1962492df2

I had a feeling that was the reason. Bummer

I think he has a kid on the way, so hopefully he'll catch on with another team.

It's strange the Texans decided to release Marrow and Ford. They still have two spots available on the roster, so it's not like they needed the room. I wish they would have given him a chance in training camp to show what he could do. I think his fate was sealed when we signed Ball, however. At least this way gives him a chance to hook on to another team.

Rey
07-26-2012, 11:31 PM

It's strange the Texans decided to release Marrow and Ford. They still have two spots available on the roster, so it's not like they needed the room. I wish they would have given him a chance in training camp to show what he could do. I think his fate was sealed when we signed Ball, however. At least this way gives him a chance to hook on to another team.

Maybe if he goes to some db hungry team he can stick. Or maybe things might happen and we'd call him back.

Either way I'd still like to see him against NFL competition because I liked this guy.

JB
07-27-2012, 03:19 PM

Perhaps they're releasing him early enough so he can go to tc wit a team he has a chance to make the team

76Texan
07-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Perhaps they're releasing him early enough so he can go to tc wit a team he has a chance to make the team

My thinking as well.
I like Marrow's potential, too.
I was hoping to learn how he does in TC.

KMG 365
07-27-2012, 05:10 PM
Update: Marrow signed with Tampa Bay.

Good luck Desmond!

ArlingtonTexan
07-27-2012, 05:20 PM
Update: Marrow signed with Tampa Bay.

Good luck Desmond!

Glad to see the guy still get a shot somewhere.

Quick II Draw
07-29-2012, 10:34 AM

This is the case. It is common practice to cut someone the second you know they won't make the team, then call around or provide a glowing reference to help a guy land somewhere else.