PDA

View Full Version : Matt Schaub donates $200,000 to Texas Children's Hospital

Playoffs
07-17-2012, 01:34 PM
Texans QB, wife donate to Texas Children's (http://www.click2houston.com/sports/Texans-QB-wife-donate-to-Texas-Children-s/-/1735736/15568170/-/4wksgd/-/index.html)

HOUSTON - For the second straight year, Matt Schaub and his wife Laurie, through their Gr8 Hope Foundation, stepped up in a big way to help the kids of Texas Children's West Campus in Houston.

Monday afternoon, the Texans Quarterback and his wife presented a check for $200,000 which nearly doubled the donation from their foundation in 2011.

"It pulls at our heartstring's," said Laurie Schaub. " Anything we can do to help the kids and Texas Children's we will do."

The Gr8 Hope Foundation provides resources and more importantly, directly impacts children with serious medical needs. Last year's donation funded a "child life" playroom at Texas Children's West Campus. That's just the start of things to come.

"It's something that Laurie and I didn't want to put together just for a flash in the pan, a one- or two-year thing," Schaub said.

"We wanted to do this as long as we can, as long as we're here in Houston, wherever we are after that. It's very important for us to be here, because we've developed such a great relationship with the people here. It's important for us to keep this thing going as long as we can."

Blake
07-17-2012, 02:19 PM
Good job, Matt.

$200,000 of Matt's 2012 salary is roughly $1,120 to a guy that makes 40k.

ckhouston
07-17-2012, 02:19 PM
Awesome gesture.

nero THE zero
07-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Good job, Matt.

$200,000 of Matt's 2012 salary is roughly $1,120 to a guy that makes 40k.

It's not out of his pocket; he raised the money.

Really great things they're doing, nonetheless.

Blake
07-17-2012, 03:37 PM

Totally agree. The world can use more Matt Schaubs and their foundations.

Especially when yahoo's like Lynch, Dumerville, and Bryant are running around like idiots... Makes me glad to have a team full of responsible athletes who have not been caught doing bad things.

ckhouston
07-17-2012, 03:48 PM

Especially when yahoo's like Lynch, Dumerville, and Bryant are running around like idiots... Makes me glad to have a team full of responsible athletes who have not been caught doing bad things.

McNair made a big deal early on about making sure he had good character players and it really has seemed to pay off. Nice not having our team in the headlines as buffoons like others constantly do.

Ironically, Matt may be one of the few players with any type of record at all.

:fans:

Ryan
07-17-2012, 03:50 PM
inb4 off topic rant by someone about his leadership. :overreact:

Quick II Draw
07-17-2012, 07:55 PM
He's really putting his best foot forward

drs23
07-17-2012, 08:01 PM
He's really putting his best foot forward

Nuthin right about that now. :)

Texan_Bill
07-17-2012, 08:22 PM
$308k after his second year of this event.. That's pretty good. He was on 1560 the Game and said that he and his wife Laurie plan on making Houston their home and doing this long beyond his playing years...

Kudos to Matt and Laurie for embracing Houston and their committment to Texans errrr Texas Childrens Hospital..

Origanlly posted by Nero the Zero:

True that they "raised the money" but often times folks like this spend their money to organize such an event without ever taking a dime for their costs in setting up such an events, meaning the event itself could've cost a huge percentage of the actual beneficiary amount... Which in turn means they donated a hella lot themselves...

Either way tho', I agree "Really great things they're doing''

EllisUnit
07-17-2012, 09:26 PM

yeah but if i supply the whole team with some good old comubian cocain we could win 2 superbowls in a row, come on now guys :specnatz:.

Gary "Schaub your foot his half torn off"

Schaub " Dont feel a thing coach, i can go i feel GOOD"

badboy
07-17-2012, 10:32 PM
He also went to Houston fire station 8 and donated a signed jersey per CBS Channel 11 Houston. Schaub said contract will not be a distraction.

Namaste01
07-20-2012, 11:38 AM
Class act...