PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Loiseau trying to defy odds again

Playoffs
07-15-2012, 10:54 AM
I think this kid has a chance. He's got the quickness & speed.

Shawn has an interesting backstory with some trouble in it -- similar to Braman -- told in the article below:

Shawn Loiseau trying to defy odds again (http://bostonherald.com/sports/football/other_nfl/view/20220715loiseau_trying_to_defy_odds_again_ex-merrimack_starhas_shot_with_texans)

Shawn Loiseau has already hurdled one barrier. Now, he’s ready to show the football world what it’s been ignoring for the past few years.

The inside linebacker became the first player from Merrimack College to sign an NFL contract when he signed with the Houston Texans [team stats] in April. Loiseau, a Shrewsbury native, has already impressed his veteran teammates and coaches, to the point where the classic underdog has put himself in position to make the team out of camp...

Read more: http://bostonherald.com/sports/football/other_nfl/view/20220715loiseau_trying_to_defy_odds_again_ex-merrimack_starhas_shot_with_texans

YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_K-fG8FSq4

ThaJokaa
07-15-2012, 04:38 PM
Af 2.0

GP
07-15-2012, 05:34 PM
Really want this guy on the 53-man.

LB is crowded right now, but he can play ST and provide depth at LB.

Carr Bombed
07-16-2012, 01:48 AM
Really want this guy on the 53-man.

LB is crowded right now, but he can play ST and provide depth at LB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_K-fG8FSq4

This guy is going to be on our 53 man roster. Coaches don't toss these type of guys on the trash heap. As soon as I heard his interview on 610 I knew he was going to make it. Like Cushing (who's his influence), he's a self made player who has put in the work to get where he's at.. and he isn't a small school project either. He's a big school prospect with a checkered past that caused him to go to a small school.

We are crowded at LBer, but need ILB depth.. this guy is excellent depth who'll work his way towards a much bigger role as injuries mount.

IDEXAN
07-16-2012, 08:37 AM
This kid has got a Shiloh Keo feel about him, but atleast they burned a late round pick on Keo, who really just is not talented enough to play NFL ball unless he shows something he didn't show us his rookie year. The thing with Loiseau is the Texans got no draft pick invested in him, so it's gonna take more than all of the Charley-hustle talk to get him on the 53-man roster. On the other hand, I suspect he'd be thrilled to just make the practice squad this year.

False Start
07-16-2012, 12:07 PM
I really hope the guy makes the 53 too. I like his enthusiasm, and he has swag.

TheMatrix31
07-16-2012, 12:27 PM
"Swag"

SMH.

False Start
07-16-2012, 01:01 PM
"Swag"

SMH.

Shake on man. :cool:

GP
07-16-2012, 03:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_K-fG8FSq4

This guy is going to be on our 53 man roster. Coaches don't toss these type of guys on the trash heap. As soon as I heard his interview on 610 I knew he was going to make it. Like Cushing (who's his influence), he's a self made player who has put in the work to get where he's at.. and he isn't a small school project either. He's a big school prospect with a checkered past that caused him to go to a small school.

We are crowded at LBer, but need ILB depth.. this guy is excellent depth who'll work his way towards a much bigger role as injuries mount.

Doesn't he strike you as a Zach Thomas or Bill Bates type of guy?

The quickness, the ability to find the gap and get to the runner.

I hope he gets to play a lot in preseason. Which, I'm sure he will.

bayoudreamn
07-18-2012, 05:27 PM

There's a story in the stack of feel good Loiseau stories about this BA o-lineman he faced in some game that he kept nailing on every play and he had the guy actually crying by the end of the game.....put this dude on offense and let him hit fat Albert.....I just want to see fat Albert cry.....the dude deserves it.

drs23
07-18-2012, 08:00 PM

Yeah, Bill Bates kinda guy I think is about right. Never quit, never give up. I'm in the "I think he makes the 53" club myself. A lot of folks were concerned about ILB after Meco got traded but I think Rick Smith knows what he's doing here. I see Bradie James as kind of a stop gap as he knows the D so well but depth is important as well. It should be a good battle to watch in TC between Loiseau and Mister Alexander. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Texan_Bill
07-18-2012, 08:12 PM
Yeah, Bill Bates kinda guy I think is about right. Never quit, never give up. I'm in the "I think he makes the 53" club myself. A lot of folks were concerned about ILB after Meco got traded but I think Rick Smith knows what he's doing here. I see Bradie James as kind of a stop gap as he knows the D so well but depth is important as well. It should be a good battle to watch in TC between Loiseau and Mister Alexander. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

I sent you a PM about Bill Bates.

ObsiWan
07-18-2012, 08:58 PM

I think Loiseau makes the team as a special team maniac and a backup ILB. At the very least, he makes the practice squad.