PDA

View Full Version : Texans biggest rival?

Jagsbch
05-21-2005, 11:21 AM
Who do the Texan fan's consider their biggest rival: Titans, Colts, Dallas, or the Jags?

El Tejano
05-21-2005, 11:27 AM
Bro, you basically named them all. On a personal level I would've included the Steelers but that is because of my days as an old Oiler fan.

gwallaia
05-21-2005, 11:31 AM
Right now I would say the Jags and Titans.

Fiddy
05-21-2005, 11:32 AM
We have to beat the Colts a couple of times for us to have a rivalry with them.

Cowboys we only face in a reg. season game once every 4 years so that's not as big as a rivarly as you'd think.

I'd call it a draw between the Titans and Jags.

Vinny
05-21-2005, 11:41 AM
I'd have to pick a team we don't own. I'd say the Colts this year. We only play Dallas a couple of times a decade so I don't consider them a rival.

dalemurphy
05-21-2005, 11:59 AM
If you judge a rival based upon how excited the fans get when we play the team and how bad we want to win, I think it goes:

1.Dallas
2.Jacksonville
3.Tennessee
4.Indy

Many will say Indianapolis. I think that's only because they've dominated us. As far as how the core Texan fans feel about these rivals in general, I don't think the Colts compare to the top 3.

Vinny
05-21-2005, 12:02 PM
Rivalries come out of games in the playoffs or games to determine division winners/playoff seeding....so it's early to pick one. We have yet to play a game of consequence where both teams have something to lose. That's why I picked the Colts.

:homer:

Lucky
05-21-2005, 12:45 PM
Rivalries come out of games in the playoffs or games to determine division winners/playoff seeding....so it's early to pick one...
I pretty much agree with that. As an ex-Oiler fan, I'll always hate the cowgirls & stealers. But the games with the most intensity thus far have been the Jags games. It's only a matter of time before those games will determine playoff status. Maybe even this season...

SheTexan
05-21-2005, 12:46 PM
All of them!! :)

Depends on if its personal, or if your taking about the team in general.

On a personal basis, I DESPISE the Titans and the girls! But, I really feel the team looks at the Jags as their biggest rival. Like Vinny said, that might change when/if we ever beat the Colts.

Vinny
05-21-2005, 12:48 PM
As an ex-Oiler fan, I'll always hate the cowgirls & stealers. But the games with the most intensity thus far have been the Jags games. It's only a matter of time before those games will determine playoff status. Maybe even this season...I can agree with that, but I dislike the Jags team character and the Colts are the team to beat in this division. ;)

I agree with Sandy also...beat them all. :highfive:

dalemurphy
05-21-2005, 01:57 PM
Rivalries come out of games in the playoffs or games to determine division winners/playoff seeding....so it's early to pick one. We have yet to play a game of consequence where both teams have something to lose. That's why I picked the Colts.

Well, that too. However, there is a rivalry with Dallas for reasons any Oiler fan from Texas would understand. We have a rivalry with Tennessee because the owner abandoned the city. We have a rivalry with Jacksonville because of conflicts on the field and their head coach (ex-Cowboy)... So, while I generally agree with what Vinny is saying, I rank Dallas and Tennesse #1 and #2 because these rivalries don't depend on circumstance and will endure even when one or both teams aren't competitive.

And, our first game of consequence was last year. We beat Jacksonville at home in week #8 to essentially vault into a 3 way tie with the Colt and Jags.
Then, the Jags had a game of consequence in week #16 against us and we shut them out!

Jwwillis
05-21-2005, 02:30 PM
Jags hands down. There is bad blood between the Texans and Jags. The Jags have taken some pretty cheap shots over the last 2 years. They are also obnoxious and disrespectfull. Titans #2. McNair and Co. are 1st class even though the owner is a shmuck. The Colts don't even know the Texans exist, so kind of a one sided rivalry. We don't play Dallas enough for that rivalry to be significant. Steelers are the old Oilers rivals not the Texans, although I will never get tired of watching them get beat. Jags and Texans play each other with a lot of emotion and it is always a brutal smashmouthed game.

briptexanfan
05-21-2005, 02:57 PM
[QUOTE=Jagsbch]Who do the Texan fan's consider their biggest rival: Titans, Colts, Dallas, or the Jags

I went to a texan-titans game and they anounced the next day it was the loudest the crowd ever was for our brief history. i guess they have some sound meter but that should tell you something. we lost at the last few seconds of that game but it was great.

mike moffat
05-21-2005, 04:17 PM
IMO it's got to be Tennessee. Just because of the Bud Adams factor. :howdy:

TexansTrueFan
05-21-2005, 04:42 PM
If you judge a rival based upon how excited the fans get when we play the team and how bad we want to win, I think it goes:

1.Dallas
2.Jacksonville
3.Tennessee
4.Indy

Many will say Indianapolis. I think that's only because they've dominated us. As far as how the core Texan fans feel about these rivals in general, I don't think the Colts compare to the top 3.

id have to say it goes

1. Dallas (texas team)
2. Colts (never beat them)
3. Titans (we all hate bud)
4. Jags (Who are the jags to anyone) :highfive:

TEXANS84
05-21-2005, 04:42 PM
If none of us can name a rival instantly, then we do not have one.

Give it about 5 more years.

royce1054
05-21-2005, 04:48 PM
1. Dallas Cowboys because they are from Dallas cities rivals
2. Tennesee Titans those traders
3. Colts best teams should have the best games
4. jacksonville we beat them anyways

JustBonee
05-21-2005, 04:52 PM
Jacksonville seems the most annoying, so they always come to my mind first ..lol
..OH! .. I see our old BIGGEST RIVAL thread, from way back when, at TT is still alive .. :highfive: :fight: :club:

bigtex77
05-21-2005, 06:38 PM
Are you guys forgetting where you are from? I don't care if we only play Dallas once a century, they are our biggest rival. If you don't feel this way ask a Cowgirl fan who they played opening night in '02, he'll probably swing on you!! Even the NFL was smart enough to know that our first game should be against them. Sure, we have a rivalry with the Titans, Jags and Colts (eventually), but I think our natural rival is Dallas, they hate us and we hate them. Maybe it's just me I am a true Cowgirl hater. (See Quote)

nunusguy
05-21-2005, 07:49 PM
Are you guys forgetting where you are from? I don't care if we only play Dallas once a century, they are our biggest rival.
If you're so enamored with the Cowboys franchise, go join their fan club.
If its so important to you to beat them, join the Giants, Eagles, or Skins fanclub. Otherwise, remember we do only play them once ever 4 or 5 years and we play our real rivals twice every year.

Hervoyel
05-22-2005, 12:21 AM

True. Our "rivalries" at this point are all situational. Tennessee feels like a rival because they used to be the Oilers but other than that who cares. Dallas is a cross-state rival but that isn't completely about football. Jacksonville is named because they're maybe the only team we've played multiple times that we have a regular and reasonable expectation of beating.

If the Jags hadn't been so bad against us and the Titans hadn't formerly been the Oilers then we wouldn't even have a pretend rival yet.

Texans Pride
05-22-2005, 01:01 AM
Jags....I HATE THEM...I mean, really, really, hate them. They make me foam at the mouth like a dog with rabies. This year will mark my first game I get to see against them and I am going to pay any amount of money to get as close to the field as possible. I want them to be able to hear me screaming and yelling horrible things at them!

Anyway, that's my point of view :)

Texan Dave
05-22-2005, 02:13 AM
Indy can't be a rival, their has to be equal hate towards one another for their to be a rival. We hate them, but they probably love us, considering that we have been 2 W's on the board for 3 strait years (but that will change this year).

As for as how the city and the team feel about the cowboys, the first 2 years we had our scrimages against the cowboys. The first year it was fine and smooth, then we beat them in the season opener. The next year however, I seem to remember their being a few fights and scirmishes during the practices, to the point that we haven't practiced with them since. I think that probably says enough about how the teams feel towards one another. Dallas probably hates us worse than we do them though.

As for as strait up hate so bad that a 230lb deepsnaper would punk a 300lb defensive lineman, or a defensive lineman going off and earholing a QB. Only one team fits that bill right now.

So simply put, yes Jacksonville, we hate you, we hate your coach, and you're going to be our whiping child for a long time.

FILO_girl
05-22-2005, 11:10 AM
Bch, we already 'done told you' on your homey board how this is. Did you not believe me, 84, 279, Carrbomb, a4toz and the others? :ouch:

As much as you catty types want to think it...the Titans (tacks to you) are not your biggest rival. You want it to be because of them being lame right now. Bet this big talk about them ceases when they become strong again. Being a regular poster on your home board, you know my stance on this.
grrrrrrrrrrrrr :deadhorse

Now where did I put that 'owned' pic?

Jagsbch
05-22-2005, 05:17 PM
I like the Jags sweeping the division this year, or at least getting back to our 7-1 division standings that made us one of the most winningest franchises in History. :drool:

Texans Pride
05-22-2005, 05:39 PM
I like the Jags sweeping the division this year, or at least getting back to our 7-1 division standings that made us one of the most winningest franchises in History. :drool:

Darn it Jags, you owe me a new monitor. . . I was drinking a Corona while read your post. . . I laughed so hard I spit beer all over my monitor!

Texan Dave
05-22-2005, 06:58 PM

....mental note, act like this post was never put up......

beerlover
05-22-2005, 07:09 PM
its the jags, hands down. remember we spoiled their playoff hopes last year winning in Jacksonville, this year expect a huge party before and after that game :party: also last year the game against them here was halloween. the fact both teams are improving & trying to vie for a playoff berth in the same division means each game represents attainment of that goal.

the Texans hammered the Jaguars last year also means they really got up for the games, something motivated them that something is their rival :bomb:

bigtex77
05-22-2005, 08:24 PM
O.K., since nusnusguy doesn't understand the concept of disliking the Cowboys without moving to Philly or Washington let me put this another way. I think the Cowboys are the Texans BIGGEST rival, not their only rival. Jacksonville, Tennesse, and Indy are definitely our rivals, I just think Dallas is the biggest. The reason I feel this way is b/c I was a true Oiler fan even when they were bad, and I had to listen to all of the Cowboy fans. Then, when they started winning Super Bowls again in the 90's, Cowboy fan was coming out of everywhere, I guess thats why I hate them so much. Even now, when you talk about the Texans beating them they dismiss it as a fluke, and say "just wait until '06." They didn't respect us then and they don't now, thats why I think they are our biggest rival.

OzzO
05-22-2005, 09:50 PM
rival schmival... I just wanna take the division and make a run at a playoff in the near future.

If any of those 4 happen to be in the Bull's way.... too bad for them.

Texans Pride
05-22-2005, 09:51 PM
If any of those 4 happen to be in the Bull's way.... too bad for them.

Perfectly said. . . A4 you just got me all pumped up! Someone's get'n the horns this season!

Packfan04
05-22-2005, 10:16 PM
Who would you say?

southtexan
05-22-2005, 10:20 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WAIT

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

F-minus67
05-22-2005, 10:29 PM
Hands down, the Titans.

ocd
05-22-2005, 11:49 PM
jags hands down.

this year they will do anything to beat us since they couldn't score a td against us last year.

WWJD
05-23-2005, 12:01 AM
I would say the Colts because they've been the best since the Texans have been a team really and while I did not think so many Texan fans thought they ran up the score last year (I think it was a game last year).

Your biggest rival should be a team in your division. You play them most often and the games mean more.

TexanFanInCC
05-23-2005, 02:03 AM
Who do the Texan fan's consider their biggest rival: Titans, Colts, Dallas, or the Jags?

im going with the jags bc we are guaranteed to see them 2 times a year and we have had some very intense games with them. there have been countless skirmishes on the field. we have had jags players making pathetic remarks about how they wished we would win the coin toss (which we ultimately did, and then immediately after, we drove for a TD to open the game) and all the trash they talk.

TexanFanInCC
05-23-2005, 02:06 AM
Darn it Jags, you owe me a new monitor. . . I was drinking a Corona while read your post. . . I laughed so hard I spit beer all over my monitor!

LOL! thats great...

ATX
05-23-2005, 03:25 AM
1. Titans-beating the titans twice was way better than beating the jags twice.
2. Jags-we own the jags, but they end up with a better record.
3. Colts-the team to beat, they own us now, we'll see this season.
4. Cowboys-different conference, don't play them enough, we've played 47 games since the 1 dallas game and 6 against each of the 3 above.

Hoss
05-23-2005, 08:54 AM
i'll go with the jags and then the titans...

Negative Jesus
05-23-2005, 12:57 PM
Definately the Jags . The Titans are my most hated team , but the Jags games have more of a rivalry feel to them .

Texas_Thrill
05-23-2005, 04:52 PM
My List is Dallas....they are like the cousin you hate but nobody outside the family can talk bad about.

Then Titans....nothing worse than betrayal.

Jags....that's always a dogfight.

Colts....not really a rivalry when only one side wins. I dont care what the BOS_NYY folks say. That was just a annual slaughter until last year.

TexanFan881
05-23-2005, 06:51 PM
I think the Jags are first, but we usually easily win, and then the Titans because they are a good matchup. Then the Colts, but once we can compete with them (hopefully this year) they will go to #1.

ledzeppelin229
05-23-2005, 06:55 PM
I wouldn't call the Titans a real rival. As much as we hate Bud Adams, as soon as he's gone I will probably cheer for the Titans again (but at the same time to always be worse than the Texans).

Jags the last few games have been in strange circumstances so there have been some lopsided games. Next season should determine how that develops.

I think enough has been said about the Colts...

Vinny
05-23-2005, 07:45 PM
My List is Dallas....they are like the cousin you hate but nobody outside the family can talk bad about.

Then Titans....nothing worse than betrayal.

Jags....that's always a dogfight.

Colts....not really a rivalry when only one side wins. I dont care what the BOS_NYY folks say. That was just a annual slaughter until last year.That's why I don't consider the Jags much of a rival (your Colts comment). I just consider them a team we own. Dallas? I don't understand the mass-hatred myself. There is nothing more I would love to see than a Dallas - Houston Super Bowl where both Texas teams are the best in the NFL. I probably keep up with the Cowboys as much as any team in the NFL other than us. They are the NFC team I like to follow.

bigtex77
05-23-2005, 08:35 PM
After some thinking and reading, I'll admit that Dallas is not our biggest rival, I would have to say that I'ts either Jacksonville or Tennessee. Vinny, alot of the mass hatred can be explained in my earlier post on this thread. (Post #30)

bigtex77
05-23-2005, 08:39 PM
After some thinking and reading, I'll admit that Dallas is not our biggest rival, I would have to say that I'ts either Jacksonville or Tennessee. Vinny, alot of the mass hatred can be explained in my earlier post on this thread. (Post #30)

DRIFTAWAY
05-23-2005, 08:40 PM
Can't be Jax or Indy cus both match-ups are favoring one team. Dallas is a good in-state face-off but we only play them what 3 times every 10 years or something? I consider Titans to be our biggest rival, just because of what they did to Houston in the past, Its like old Houston vs. New Houston, and the Texans-Titans have really had some nice show-offs against each other.

Texan Dave
05-24-2005, 04:12 AM
man it is the titans. First we hate them because they are our rivals and plus they took oilers away from us :embarrass :embarrass

This is a bad thing?? ANY price was worth running Bud Adams out of town.

TexansR#1
06-14-2005, 10:41 PM
Who do yall consider more of a rival for us? jaguars or Titans becuase I enjoy watching us whoop both of them twice a year! :drool:

FILO_girl
06-15-2005, 12:21 AM
Since I have no dog in this Oiler/Titan fight, I will comment as an outsider.

I don't think that the ex-Oiler fans hate the Titans, they just hate Bud. There are no reasons put forth so far to show that it was the team and not the owner that is despised by Houston sports fans. That said, the Titans can't be our top rival. Colts? We need much improvement first.

The Jags have pissed us off (clothesline and then some) and then their fans...oh, the Jaguar fanbase... :crying:

Big B Texan Fan
06-15-2005, 02:32 AM
I like the jags sweeping too....... :pigfly: ......sweeping up the empty beer bottles we leave in the parking lots cuz we keep beating ya'll down and feel the need to party til the "breaka breaka dawn" :party: . And another thing, having the SuperBowl played over in "jaxDUMville" was just like having it here since we own that stadium. I'm telling ya what, if ya'll don't at least win one of the two I'm foreclosing the stadium, putting a lein on it, or changing the name to "The Bull Pasture" cuz it's home to a bunch crap. Man I'm pumped up. By the time ya'll read this I will have already gone on the jags boards to do some trash talking. Ya'll be ready and back me up.
texanpride

FILO_girl
06-15-2005, 09:48 PM
I like the jags sweeping too....... :pigfly: ......sweeping up the empty beer bottles we leave in the parking lots cuz we keep beating ya'll down and feel the need to party til the "breaka breaka dawn" :party: . And another thing, having the SuperBowl played over in "jaxDUMville" was just like having it here since we own that stadium. I'm telling ya what, if ya'll don't at least win one of the two I'm foreclosing the stadium, putting a lein on it, or changing the name to "The Bull Pasture" cuz it's home to a bunch crap. Man I'm pumped up. By the time ya'll read this I will have already gone on the jags boards to do some trash talking. Ya'll be ready and back me up.
texanpride

Backup? No Texan fan needs backup, especially at the litterbox. :cat:

titan hater
06-16-2005, 12:17 AM
That SOB Bud broke my heart a few years ago...Hence my screen name. That Fat B******deserved to loss in the SB by a couple of yards.

I gotta go with the Hillbillie Oilers and then the Jags. Jags make my list cause all five of thier fans are as fat as Byron. Have they not heard of Atkins yet?

Davis37
06-16-2005, 12:22 AM
That SOB Bud broke my heart a few years ago...Hence my screen name. That Fat B******deserved to loss in the SB by a couple of yards.

I gotta go with the Hillbillie Oilers and then the Jags. Jags make my list cause all five of thier fans are as fat as Byron. Have they not heard of Atkins yet?

How can you say that about Jags fans, when Houston is one of the fattest cities in the US...

titan hater
06-16-2005, 12:27 AM
point taken...of course I,ve gained a lot due to the adult beverages i drank in Celebration after watching Jag fan grip after we put the horns to em last year.....

Big B Texan Fan
06-16-2005, 01:49 AM
Backup? No Texan fan needs backup, especially at the litterbox. :cat:
"The Litterbox" I like that. I've not heard that B-4. :highfive:

Huge
06-16-2005, 12:49 PM
If none of us can name a rival instantly, then we do not have one.

Give it about 5 more years.

Game ... set ... match.

Vambo, the Marble Eye
06-16-2005, 01:36 PM
Titans...

Besides, how can you explain that the "team stealing" owner trying to link themselves to T-E-X-A-S after sneaking out of here and then having the audacity to include 4 of the letters ("T" counted twice in Titans) in our state name?

You got to hate the Titans.. it's a State Law, right?

Big B Texan Fan
06-16-2005, 02:05 PM
Titans...

Besides, how can you explain that the "team stealing" owner trying to link themselves to T-E-X-A-S after sneaking out of here and then having the audacity to include 4 of the letters ("T" counted twice in Titans) in our state name?

You got to hate the Titans.. it's a State Law, right?
Yea, the other day I got pulled over and when one of Houstons' Finest approached he overheard my radio of Dan Patrick interviewing Jeff Fisher. He made me get out of my truck and do a feild titan h8r test.
He made me:
1. He made me sing "It's Football Time in Houston"
2. He made me name all the studs of the team (yes TexansNeedaRBin05, I said DD was one of them.
3. He made me tell him the score of the cowgirl game ( 19 us 10 them)

He let me off with a warning but said if he catches me doing that again he's gonna lock me up for the max.

texan_fan
06-17-2005, 01:28 AM
This is a bad thing?? ANY price was worth running Bud Adams out of town.

Yes, it was a bad thing...at the time. You wouldn't be sittin' here with that attitude if we didn't have our Texans now...

Bud? Yeah, goodbye and good riddance...

But he could have left us the team.

Man...those were the days...Rivalry? PITTSBURGH...gives me chills just thinkin about it!

But, alas, we have a new team and new teams to conquer...

We'll have an actual rival when we get to the playoffs...

Until then...sure, we can have fun spankin' the Jags, whippin' the girls, and flushin' the tampons...err...titans...

But if someone has to ask, the answer should be as obvious as Mr. Pitts jumpin offsides!

ojthecat
06-17-2005, 08:06 AM
But he could have left us the team.

Bud had no obligation to "Leave" the Oilers in Houston. He owns them. He took the risk and started them, bought them so he owns them. If you remember he (Bud) was offering to build a stadium downtown. It was mayor Lanier (with support from Drayton). That forced Bud to shop for a new city because the dome was "good enough" for pro sports.

texan_fan
06-17-2005, 08:44 PM
Bud had no obligation to "Leave" the Oilers in Houston. He owns them. He took the risk and started them, bought them so he owns them. If you remember he (Bud) was offering to build a stadium downtown. It was mayor Lanier (with support from Drayton). That forced Bud to shop for a new city because the dome was "good enough" for pro sports.

You're right...he was under no obligation to leave the team.

He could have, however, done a better job of working with the city...

But, alas, we get off topic... ;-)

KingRat
06-19-2005, 02:23 AM

have to agree with what you're saying, but the Titans have the x - factor, x - houston, they will always be the #1 rival for the texans, and I hope we kick their @sses every year , twice a year from this date forward, amen

Big B Texan Fan
06-19-2005, 03:10 AM
I wish we could've some how got the Steelers and the Bills in our division along with the titans. This city hates both those teams. Irony of this post is that I just realized we play them in weeks 1 & 2 this season.

Don'tHate
06-23-2005, 07:06 AM
I know that you guys had a thread on your biggest rival and they mostly varied between Dallas and the AFC Sout teams...let's do it the right way...

My boredom is so very sad...is it time for football yet? :hairpull:

Dallas
Jacksonville
The dolts
The Tacks

Don'tHate
06-23-2005, 07:08 AM
Just ignore me...they wouldn't let me do a poll, I guess I missed something. OH well...you can still answer if ya want :embarrass

rittenhouserobz
06-23-2005, 07:29 AM
I know that you guys had a thread on your biggest rival and they mostly varied between Dallas and the AFC Sout teams...let's do it the right way...

My boredom is so very sad...is it time for football yet? :hairpull:

Dallas
Jacksonville
The dolts
The Tacks

Jacksonville should be the kittens. :)

On a personal level, I hate Buffalo for the great comeback. On an everyday fan level, the Jags. DelRio was so confident earlier. It was sweet knocking the kittens out of playoff contention in their house.

This is a new year. I hope the Texans are ready for revenge for last year.

TEXANRED
06-23-2005, 07:38 AM
Tenn. Tampons
Dallas cowgirls
F@guars
And the Browns only because if you are an Oiler or a Texan cant seem to find a way to beat them.

Don'tHate
06-23-2005, 07:40 AM
Jacksonville should be the kittens. :)

On a personal level, I hate Buffalo for the great comeback. On an everyday fan level, the Jags. DelRio was so confident earlier. It was sweet knocking the kittens out of playoff contention in their house.
This is a new year. I hope the Texans are ready for revenge for last year.

Technically it was the Broncos that ended it for us...but it's alright... :wiggle:

Doug
06-23-2005, 09:27 AM
Technically it was the Broncos that ended it for us...but it's alright... :wiggle:

Yeah, but your playoff contention wouldn't have weighed on the Bronco's game had you at least taken one from us.

Doug
06-23-2005, 09:30 AM
I would have to say Indy. I didn't hate any teams in the NFL till the Texans came along and started playing the Colts. They just give us fits and for a Texans fan it's very frustrating!!

Don'tHate
06-23-2005, 09:51 AM
Yeah, but your playoff contention wouldn't have weighed on the Bronco's game had you at least taken one from us.

It also weighed on the Pitt game and well, every other game we lost.

OzzO
06-23-2005, 01:11 PM
Ah, no teams I actually hate.... now there's an owner or two....

Doug
06-24-2005, 09:40 AM
It also weighed on the Pitt game and well, every other game we lost.

Well yeah, you win one of your other losses and it makes that difference but you had two opoortunities to take one from us and didn't. That's what makes losing to us (twice) more significant.

Don'tHate
06-24-2005, 01:37 PM
Well yeah, you win one of your other losses and it makes that difference but you had two opoortunities to take one from us and didn't. That's what makes losing to us (twice) more significant.

If you sleep better at night thinking that go right ahead...I am just glad to have a fresh start...Is it september yet???

Doug
06-24-2005, 04:32 PM
If you sleep better at night thinking that go right ahead...

Thanks for the approval
:goodnight
LOL

Jagsbch
06-25-2005, 01:22 PM
"jaxDUMville" =

:ninja:

Big B Texan Fan
06-26-2005, 02:22 AM
:ninja:
:boxing:

ndndixie
07-03-2005, 04:21 PM
When :pigfly:!
I never post over here(respect thing) but this post was so absurd that I had to post.
One, you will never sweep this division. There's simply too much talent in all four franchises for that to happen. As much as we like to rib each other, if you're honest, you have to give credit to all four teams for being among the best in the NFL.(note I said among)
First off, you'd have to get thru the Colts to do that and it won't happen. Paymeaton may choke once but only the Pats have succeeded in keeping him at bay.
Then you have a pretty damn tough Texans team that has really come a long way. Again, you may beat them in Jacksonville, but I doubt it in Houston.
THEN, :cool: you have that curse when playing against us in AllTitans............face it BCH, we own ya in Jacksonville.
As for rivalries......no one in our league is our true rival .........yet. The Colts might be getting close though. The distinction of Titan rival goes to the ratbirds without a doubt. Much like we knocked you out of the running, they knocked us out and it's been a battle ever since. I don't even know that we hate the Rams as bad as those pesky ratbirds!
Here's to an injury-free season for all of us(and may it hurry the heck up!).............Peace!

Texansfan1980
07-04-2005, 11:32 PM
I have to agree with alot of you. When it comes to Rivalries I think the cowgirls are the first, and then the titians. Those teams i love to see the Texans beat first.

slyfox68
07-06-2005, 01:01 AM
The JAGUARS...
Rivalries must be based on something. There are several reasons for the bad blood between the 2 teams.
#1 - We're in the same division.
2002 - A) They were our first road win. B) We lost to them @ home by 3 pts.
2003 - A) A final-play, 4 point win at home. B) They were our first scoreless game opponent.
2004 - A) Our first ever shutout win @ Alltel. The loss may have knocked them out of a wild-card spot. B) We swept them.
They late hit JJ on a return. They accused us of choking their players. They were a Battle Red victim. 3 of 6 games decided by 4 points or less. I love to hate this team!

z0rpAn
07-06-2005, 11:02 AM
Dallas for sure. Opening night you always heard someone yelling when there were players on the field. The Jags imo would be #2, its always a hardcore game and that one cheapshot on moses, threw the jags player out of the game or so, but what really pissed me off was when that guy went back to the sideline and his coach was grinning ear to ear as he congradulated him. *BURN*. Tennessee, of course they are our hometown traders, but you just don't feel the intensity in our titan games. Colts, well, we'll know if they are a rival of ours at all in the future, seems as though in the past our team and fans just give up on beating them before the game begins.

Jagsbch
07-09-2005, 07:08 AM
When
I never post over here(respect thing) but this post was so absurd that I had to post.
One, you will never sweep this division. There's simply too much talent in all four franchises for that to happen. As much as we like to rib each other, if you're honest, you have to give credit to all four teams for being among the best in the NFL.

Are you kidding me. Your team just got gutted and you are bragging about Talent? ROFLMAO :ouch: Colts are doing everything in their power to hold on to what they got, while failing to utilize the FA 2 years in a row to shore up their lousy defense, that their offense has been carrying.

First off, you'd have to get thru the Colts to do that and it won't happen. Paymeaton may choke once but only the Pats have succeeded in keeping him at bay.

Colts beat us last season thanks to a bogus penalty. :brickwall We were well on our way to sweeping them then. Texans have it coming, it won't be easy, but not impossible. Now if ay one has it coming it is the Titans. Jags are finally poised to make a deep run into the play offs now that we are out of our transition from the bankrupt team TC left JDR.

We have the deepest team we have ever fielded, a defensive Genius as a HC, 2 Rookie receivers that are coming back with a vengeance this season, and the best play maker in college last season to round them out. Our trenches combined are arguably the best in the league. Byron is has the potential to be not only an elite QB but one of the best ever, I see a league MVP in his near future. We have Vangorder from Georgia taking our LBers over the top, Pat Thomas just signed and word is he is giving our leading tackler a run for his money.

Piece's are finally in place, transition is over, what you have seen the past 5 years is not what you are going to get. This team is going to fire a shot across the bow of this league that it hasn't seen in a long time. Jaguars are poised to not only be a winner but a dominator. We are not aiming to be a squeak by dynasty like the Patriots have, Now we are poised to be a dominating dynasty, a Dynasty that doesn't count on last minute heroics or weak schedule to base it's pride on. Jags will do it against a tough schedule while in one of the toughest divisions in the league. And all this talk about us not being able to sweep this division will be a thing of the past as we are poised to do it back to back seasons. Titans are not out of hell yet, Colts are on their way to hell, and as Houston keeps neglecting shoring up the trenches to protect David...

As of now Teams will be :brickwall trying to get through our trenches. TC managed to salvage his reputation by leaving Jack a solid foundation to build on, and build he has. This team according to Yoder has the best depth he has ever seen on a team. Some teams are heading to hell, some are in hell, Jaguars are headed for a SB, and then a Dynasty.

Please feel free to bash on my logic. Now is your opportunity go ahead and stick your foot in your mouth, you have all the opportunity in the world to show just how ignorant you are, regarding a team sitting right under your nose. :fishing:

Big B Texan Fan
07-09-2005, 01:42 PM
Are you kidding me. Your team just got gutted and you are bragging about Talent? ROFLMAO :ouch: Colts are doing everything in their power to hold on to what they got, while failing to utilize the FA 2 years in a row to shore up their lousy defense, that their offense has been carrying.

Colts beat us last season thanks to a bogus penalty. :brickwall We were well on our way to sweeping them then. Texans have it coming, it won't be easy, but not impossible. Now if ay one has it coming it is the Titans. Jags are finally poised to make a deep run into the play offs now that we are out of our transition from the bankrupt team TC left JDR.

We have the deepest team we have ever fielded, a defensive Genius as a HC, 2 Rookie receivers that are coming back with a vengeance this season, and the best play maker in college last season to round them out. Our trenches combined are arguably the best in the league. Byron is has the potential to be not only an elite QB but one of the best ever, I see a league MVP in his near future. We have Vangorder from Georgia taking our LBers over the top, Pat Thomas just signed and word is he is giving our leading tackler a run for his money.

Piece's are finally in place, transition is over, what you have seen the past 5 years is not what you are going to get. This team is going to fire a shot across the bow of this league that it hasn't seen in a long time. Jaguars are poised to not only be a winner but a dominator. We are not aiming to be a squeak by dynasty like the Patriots have, Now we are poised to be a dominating dynasty, a Dynasty that doesn't count on last minute heroics or weak schedule to base it's pride on. Jags will do it against a tough schedule while in one of the toughest divisions in the league. And all this talk about us not being able to sweep this division will be a thing of the past as we are poised to do it back to back seasons. Titans are not out of hell yet, Colts are on their way to hell, and as Houston keeps neglecting shoring up the trenches to protect David...

As of now Teams will be :brickwall trying to get through our trenches. TC managed to salvage his reputation by leaving Jack a solid foundation to build on, and build he has. This team according to Yoder has the best depth he has ever seen on a team. Some teams are heading to hell, some are in hell, Jaguars are headed for a SB, and then a Dynasty.

Please feel free to bash on my logic. Now is your opportunity go ahead and stick your foot in your mouth, you have all the opportunity in the world to show just how ignorant you are, regarding a team sitting right under your nose. :fishing:
Blah F'ing Blah. All this time you spent typing this you could of constructively helped your team out by:
A. Trying out for QB
B. Helping the jags to understand that ya'll need Henry
C. Buying some tix
D. Load Leftwichs' e-mail with Jenny Craig info
E. Beg Keenen McCardell to come back
F. Or help your team understand that when you got a home game with playoff implications against a 3rd year expansion team late in the season, you might want to win. Heck, at least score some points.

Hope you enjoyed me sticking my foot in my mouth. Jags go 9-7 again next season. Texans go 10-6 or 11-5, sweeping you AGAIN along the way.

Thanx for the comic releif though. I enjoyed your post.

Jagsbch
07-09-2005, 06:32 PM
This is like shooting fish in a barrel :drool:

ATX
07-09-2005, 07:18 PM
ok, jagsbch some of your comments are quite funny frankly.

" the best play maker in college last season " i'm assuming you're talking about matt jones as QB for arkansas last year. :rofl:

"Byron is has the potential to be not only an elite QB but one of the best ever, I see a league MVP in his near future." :pigfly:

"Jaguars are poised to not only be a winner but a dominator". you have to crawl before you walk. you can't dominate when you can't even score a TD against a 3rd year expansion team.

"Colts beat us last season thanks to a bogus penalty" excuses, excuses

"Your team just got gutted and you are bragging about Talent?" gutted, how do you figure? we released sharper, glenn, and foreman and upgraded with speed. how does that equate to gutting? in most likelyhood, we'll return 11 starters on offense, and return 8 starters on defense. so if 3 out of 22 players is gutting, then yes you're completely right, we gutted our team.

Jagsbch
07-10-2005, 05:44 AM
"Your team just got gutted and you are bragging about Talent?" gutted, how do you figure?

How many of your starters aquired their positions because of having to lose legitimate starters the past three years. Can you clue me in on how many starters titans have lost in the past three years? How many of your starters could go out and start for any team in this league? One more thing, if you can't afford to keep your starters, how can you afford to add the depth neccessary to field a play-off calliber team. Face it your team has been gutted, your not in Kansas anymore. :dangit:

FILO_girl
07-10-2005, 08:48 AM
Are you kidding me. Your team just got gutted and you are bragging about Talent? ROFLMAO Colts are doing everything in their power to hold on to what they got, while failing to utilize the FA 2 years in a row to shore up their lousy defense, that their offense has been carrying.

Please feel free to bash on my logic. Now is your opportunity go ahead and stick your foot in your mouth, you have all the opportunity in the world to show just how ignorant you are, regarding a team sitting right under your nose.

Maybe I don't have to go to the litterbox for comic relief anymore.
Yo, bch...did you type that with a straight face?

You have to be the Jag's #1 :homer:

Big B Texan Fan
07-10-2005, 10:47 AM
How many of your starters aquired their positions because of having to lose legitimate starters the past three years. Can you clue me in on how many starters titans have lost in the past three years? How many of your starters could go out and start for any team in this league? One more thing, if you can't afford to keep your starters, how can you afford to add the depth neccessary to field a play-off calliber team. Face it your team has been gutted, your not in Kansas anymore. :dangit:
You are super loco. Gutted? We got rid of two slow guys and one left cuz his pride got hurt. That's it. Is Sharper good enough to start on your team, maybe, Foreman, no, A.Glenn, maybe. Only one of those guys are "Legitimate Starters" as you say. Our FB's did lil' movin' last year due to injury. And actually the new FB, Norris, was better than Baxter IMO.

As far as the titans queation. WGAFF??!!

We've plenty under the cap to add depth. We're building. And we keep beating you alomg the way.

As far as not being in Kansas anymore, how many nightmares does your Hamburglar of a QB have clicking his heels during a jags v Texans game late in the season only to see that it is not working. Hmmmm!!!

beerlover
07-11-2005, 09:55 AM
I've posted Jags in the past as the Texans #1 rival (just read their fans posts here as one of many reasons) but the truth of it is the Texans are still too young to really have developed a #1 rival. its gonna take some time, heck there is no guarantee the Jaqs will survive long term with current ownership in Jacksonville or the Colts will be the Colts of Baltimore/Indy and we all are familar with the Houston Oilers/Tennesse Titans & its desensitized ownership.

The only thing that seems certain is the long term viability of the Houston Texans and its in state rival, long standing, Americas Team the Dallas Cowboys. As both teams improve & become playoff capable a future meeting @ the Big Dance becomes inevitable then the Texans will have their #1 rival.

Until then our #1 Rival will be shrouded in darkness, marked by border skirmishes, forum squabbles & much false prophecy :cool:

Jagsbch
07-17-2005, 10:17 AM
How many of your starters aquired their positions because of having to lose legitimate starters the past three years. Can you clue me in on how many starters titans have lost in the past three years? How many of your starters could go out and start for any team in this league? :dangit:

You are super loco. Gutted? We got rid of two slow guys and one left cuz his pride got hurt. That's it.

You must have a severe comprehension problem? What part of past 3 years did you not understand. I wasn't talking about your make shift starters. I am talking about your trip into cap hell the past three years. :dangit:

BTW how much dead money are you all carrying on this seasons cap. How many contracts will have to be restructured to be able to swing TH at 1.25 this season? How are you guys going to be able to afford his 4+ Mil a year contract he will want to stay in Tenn? You all just dug yourselves deeper in your hell hole this weekend. Who is to say that TH will not want to pull a TO and hold out for an extension before being run to the ground by the titans this seasson. Has TH removed the albatross of his injury riddled state. I still question his ability to be as durable as he was, he has yet to come out of the woods as far as I am concerned.

David Carr was asked who the Texans biggest rival was on ESPNEWS and he said Jacksonville. He actually gave us some good words saying that the Jags got after it real good, and he liked playing against teams like that. He also said that every time he played the Jags it was very "heated."

Jags MB (http://www.jaguars.com/mb/default.aspx?f=6&m=454975)

Texans Pride
07-17-2005, 11:06 AM
Do you think you are on a Titan site? Everyone else is responding with Texans information and you keep referring back to the Titans. I think you are just a tad bit confused.

Heck, he was confusing me. I kept thinking "Isn't TH going to the Titians, surely we didn't pull something and get him." Seriously Jags, pay attention to your post, or at least clarify what in the world you are talking about.

BTW....Does the bch in your name (Jagsbch) stand for what I think it stands for?

Jagsbch
07-17-2005, 11:35 AM
Sorry guys I have no idea how I got off track thinking I was arguing with a titan fan, guess I have been stretching my self a little thin. Believe me I don't think Texans have been gutted. :goodnight

Speaing of titans check this out... 31 MIL in dead money this season. (http://www.titanscentral.net/2005SALARYCAP.html)

Texans Pride
07-17-2005, 11:42 AM
Sorry guys I have no idea how I got off track thinking I was arguing with a titan fan, guess I have been stretching my self a little thin. Believe me I don't think Texans have been gutted. :goodnight

Holy cow, :rofl: you didn't even know what message board you were on!? Hey I'll at least give you credit.....You're out fighting for your team so much, you don't even know who you're fighting at the time.

You still didn't answer my question though. Does jagsBCH stand for the word used to describe a female dog? Are you saying that you are the Jags female dog?

Jagsbch
07-17-2005, 11:59 AM
I knew where I was, but like any other board there are all types of fans that come in from different teams, so I made a mistake it happens. :homer:

Bch stands for Beach
Jax Beach/Jags Beach

JustBonee
07-17-2005, 12:10 PM
Aw, don't pick on Jagsbch. He's always a welcome addition around here. Good guy!

Texans Pride
07-17-2005, 12:14 PM
Sassy I wasn't pickcing!

I was just asking for clarification about his name so I didn't pick on him before I knew the correct answer :)

JustBonee
07-17-2005, 12:32 PM
Sassy I wasn't pickcing!

I was just asking for clarification about his name so I didn't pick on him before I knew the correct answer :)
Yeah, I know you weren't TP. I wasn't sure about the name either. :drool:
I think Jagsbch is okay because he has a sense of humor.
And we all know it takes a great deal of humor to be a Jags fan. :worm:

Jagsbch
07-17-2005, 03:47 PM
Guy's I really like it here. :highfive:

texan2061
07-17-2005, 05:15 PM
Titans

ill-tu-tex
07-18-2005, 06:56 PM
if its dallas, i like the texans even more.

DALLAS SUCKS

DALLAS SUCKS

DALLAS SUCKS

being an eagles fan and a son of a west texan, this is the perfect second team for me if it is. i cant like the boys being an eagles fan, and odessa doesnt have a NFL team, so the texans are my guys.

Wolf
07-18-2005, 11:24 PM
jags are the rivalry right now.

titans.. not so.. not yet.
Colts not yet.. until we beat them when it counts then it heats up

Big B Texan Fan
07-18-2005, 11:42 PM
Guy's I really like it here. :highfive:
We like having you here.

NeViKaN
07-19-2005, 10:46 AM
For those who said that our rival was Indy I have to ask a question. Don't both teams have to think that is a rival for it to count? The Jags and *** ans believe it but Indy has no reason to. This is our year to kick their &$$.

Vinny
07-19-2005, 02:37 PM
Rivals tend to come out from teams that stop you from what you want (playoffs). So far they are more our rivals than we are theirs. We don't really have well defined rivalries yet.

Georgiaboy
07-19-2005, 06:56 PM
Considering our boys have beat the jags in the past, and that they beat the tinytans twice last year, for the first time, Im gonna have to swing toward the Colts. the're the ones standing in our playoff way.

Jwwillis
07-19-2005, 07:04 PM
For me, Rivalry brings to mind a long term back and forth struggle between two opponents that mutually respect and hate each other. Jags are the closest to that for me at this early stage of the Texans existance. The Colt's dont respect, hate or fear us. And I dont hate the old Oilers just the Owner. I truly hate the Jags and there gorilla tactics as well as there smug coach.