PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Schaub given green light for camp!

GP
07-12-2012, 09:34 PM
The Houston Texans long have expected quarterback Matt Schaub to be ready for the start of camp. This week, they got confirmation of Schaub's recovery from a Lisfranc injury when he visited Dr. Robert Anderson in North Carolina and got a green light, a team source told ESPN.com.

Schaub suffered the midfoot injury on Nov. 13 on a quarterback sneak coming out of the end zone during Houston's 37-9 win over Tampa Bay. Schaub stayed in the game, but threw only three passes.

Schaub had surgery and missed the rest of the season.

Despite losing him, Houston won the AFC South behind backup T.J. Yates and beat Cincinnati in a home playoff game before losing in Baltimore.

Schaub, who sat out minicamp, is in a contract year and is due a salary of $7.15 million this season.

Schaub's durability was questioned after he missed games in the 2007 and '08 seasons with various injuries. But the quarterback started all 16 games for Houston in 2009 and 2010.

Link to Kuharsky story HERE (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8161924/houston-texans-matt-schaub-gets-green-light-play-source-says).

TEXANRED
07-12-2012, 09:40 PM
That's good news.

thunderkyss
07-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Hey GP, would it be possible for you to click on the quote button before you paste the copied news story?

BigTimeTexanFan
07-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Can't wait for this season! I've been spending the entire off season getting myself back into football (watching) shape [as I tend to gain a little weight during the season].

Allstar
07-12-2012, 10:41 PM
remember when a lot of y'all were expecting him to go straight to the PUP? :)

Hopefully I didn't just jinx it :(

GP
07-13-2012, 03:26 AM
Hey GP, would it be possible for you to click on the quote button before you paste the copied news story?

On big news items, I don't quote it.

Because when people hover over the thread title...a preview pane shows the first few lines of story. If I put it into quotes, the preview pane displays nothing but a quote script that shows no info.

In the NSZ, axman does it the way I did this story, it helps people see a glimpse of what's in the thread.

I don't do it like this often. It's not a big deal. It's obviously not me, and I attributed Kuharsky AND linked to his story. Problem?

IDEXAN
07-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Good News about Matt !
Won't be long now, doesn't TC start in 2 weeks ?

Rey
07-13-2012, 12:41 PM
Great news.

We need a healthy Schaub all year long.

Thorn
07-13-2012, 12:49 PM
remember when a lot of y'all were expecting him to go straight to the PUP? :)

Hopefully I didn't just jinx it :(

Well, at least we know who to blame now if something bad happens. LOL

Yeah, I was one of the negative ninnies on this, and while I do hope Schaub comes back 100% and leads us to the promised land, I'll remain skeptical until I see him play a few pre-season games. Hopefully all is good and my negatism is unwarranted.

thunderkyss
07-13-2012, 01:13 PM
Yeah, I was one of the negative ninnies on this...

I don't think anyone was being negative. We were going on the only information we had at the time, which wasn't much. CnD gave us a worse/best case scenario & even moderate expectations would have put him 2 to 3 weeks into the pre-season before he could take a snap.

beerlover
07-13-2012, 01:22 PM
It's good news but only if Haynsworth doesn't magically show up against Schaub, he is like Matt's kryptonite.

ATXtexanfan
07-13-2012, 01:23 PM
this is good with all the new wrs.

GP
07-13-2012, 01:25 PM
The issue of Matt Schaub is so frustrating.

He is, by all accounts, a reliable passer. He sells the play fake as good as anybody in the game today. An up-front leader all the way, too. Vocal when he needs to be, meek when he needs to be, consistently focused all of the time.

But the lack of mobility...it's approaching that same sort of day when Bledsoe went down when Bledsoe was with the Patriots. Bledsoe was the same sort of guy: Accurate passer, big and tall, I think everything positive I had to say about Schaub applied to Bledsoe too.

But in the end, the mobility issue is going to matter most. It's not his fault *******s fall on him and put him out of action, but yet it's happened and it is what it is. Nothing can change the injury bug that's bitten him.

As much as I think Case or TJ is the future, I'm still sentimental enough to root for Matt Schaub. I've been known to be cranky about the guy on here. I've been hard on him, as a fan, and yet I also deep down in my soul want the guy to come back and shove a big figurative middle finger into the face of Albert Haynesworth.

And if we play Haynesworth this year, I want our guys to dog Haynesworth the whole game. I want Norris putting a helmet in his fat gut, ramming speed. I want cut blocks on him every other play. I want an eye gouged, accidentally of course, and I want him sucking air by the 2nd quarter. And then, I want the Texans to REALLY dial up the payback from that point forward. I want him hobbling off the field and waving in his replacement, and I want it shown on all the major media outlets that night: "Haynesworth willingly leaves field, waves in his replacement. The Texans made him quit."

EDIT: Fat Albert is a free agent. Rumors back in May of this year pegged him as maybe being a fit with Fisher in St. Louis. We don't face the Rams this year, though. I hope he lands on a team we play this year.

ATXtexanfan
07-13-2012, 01:35 PM
The issue of Matt Schaub is so frustrating.

He is, by all accounts, a reliable passer. He sells the play fake as good as anybody in the game today. An up-front leader all the way, too. Vocal when he needs to be, meek when he needs to be, consistently focused all of the time.

But the lack of mobility...it's approaching that same sort of day when Bledsoe went down when Bledsoe was with the Patriots. Bledsoe was the same sort of guy: Accurate passer, big and tall, I think everything positive I had to say about Schaub applied to Bledsoe too.

But in the end, the mobility issue is going to matter most. It's not his fault *******s fall on him and put him out of action, but yet it's happened and it is what it is. Nothing can change the injury bug that's bitten him.

As much as I think Case or TJ is the future, I'm still sentimental enough to root for Matt Schaub. I've been known to be cranky about the guy on here. I've been hard on him, as a fan, and yet I also deep down in my soul want the guy to come back and shove a big figurative middle finger into the face of Albert Haynesworth.

And if we play Haynesworth this year, I want our guys to dog Haynesworth the whole game. I want Norris putting a helmet in his fat gut, ramming speed. I want cut blocks on him every other play. I want an eye gouged, accidentally of course, and I want him sucking air by the 2nd quarter. And then, I want the Texans to REALLY dial up the payback from that point forward. I want him hobbling off the field and waving in his replacement, and I want it shown on all the major media outlets that night: "Haynesworth willingly leaves field, waves in his replacement. The Texans made him quit."

EDIT: Fat Albert is a free agent. Rumors back in May of this year pegged him as maybe being a fit with Fisher in St. Louis. We don't face the Rams this year, though. I hope he lands on a team we play this year.

i hear you. i think this being a contract year will benefit all and the texans will have to put alot of cash in front of him to keep him or move on with yates. i dont care for him but do root for him on sundays

drunkcookie
07-13-2012, 01:37 PM

Personally, I've been of the opinion for a while now that Rick Smith needs to lock up Haynesworth right now with a decent contract, then IR him every year... keep him away from the facility etc...

GP
07-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Personally, I've been of the opinion for a while now that Rick Smith needs to lock up Haynesworth right now with a decent contract, then IR him every year... keep him away from the facility etc...

For conversation's sake, it's fun to toy with such an idea.

LOL, but the thought of the Texans paying Fat Albert a single penny would ignite such ire from Texans players and fans...it'd cause a riot. A real riot.

I prefer meeting him on the field of play and physically wringing every ounce of motivation to continue from his body for four quarters.

drunkcookie
07-13-2012, 01:41 PM
I prefer meeting him on the field of play and physically wringing every ounce of motivation to continue from his body for four quarters.

Now that you put it like that... but two quarters... hire Gregg Williams as a consultant and do a NOLA-style cart-off...

EDIT: Bad Idea! Gregg Williams bounty system really didn't lead to any cart-offs...bad job on his part...didn't battle hard enough...on him

Norg
07-13-2012, 05:22 PM
speaking of Haynesworth we should sign him to the lowest contract then either IR him or heck maybe play him has a down player and see what he has left LOL ......dont hate :P

ckhouston
07-13-2012, 05:26 PM
Great news!

1. I am a Texan fan first and foremost and do agree a "healthy" Matt is our best option this year, because it is his contract year and he will perform better than he ever has.

2. Matt is my starter for my fantasy league.

If Matt does great and we get to the conference finals or win it all I am fine with giving him a couple more years at a decent rate, but Yates is our future as the roster stands now. Best case scenario is that Yates learns from Matt, Matt wins it all and gets his ring, then in an unprecedented move the Texans let him got to FA and we have Yates win it again next year for us at a reduced rate, and then lock him up for the future. The saved salary would allow us to sign those we need to and keep adding, and we would have a young QB for the future, and not take a chance on Matt getting injured again.

dc_txtech
07-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Haynesworth is a freakin bum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFzp3uHua40

dalemurphy
07-13-2012, 09:31 PM
Do you'll realize how easy it is going to be to game plan against the Texans' offense now that the NFL defenses don't have to prepare for Schaub's scrambling ability?!

We're doomed!

(Surely, a "sarcasm" symbol isn't necessary for something that blatant, right?)

BullBlitz
07-13-2012, 10:37 PM
Do you'll realize how easy it is going to be to game plan against the Texans' offense now that the NFL defenses don't have to prepare for Schaub's scrambling ability?!

We're doomed!

(Surely, a "sarcasm" symbol isn't necessary for something that blatant, right?)

Actually what defenses will plan for is to crush the right side of our new and improved offensive line.

TexansBull
07-13-2012, 10:45 PM
speaking of Haynesworth we should sign him to the lowest contract then either IR him or heck maybe play him has a down player and see what he has left LOL ......dont hate :P

How about flying Haynesworth to another continent like Antartica? I dont trust Haynesworth in the same state as Schaub. Schaub will catch small pox if they are on the same team.

I would still put Schaub on light duty.

TejasTom
07-14-2012, 08:00 AM
Actually what defenses will plan for is to crush the right side of our new and improved offensive line.

So Arian can side step them and take it to the house, ala last years Steelers game.

thunderkyss
07-14-2012, 09:00 AM
So Arian can side step them and take it to the house, ala last years Steelers game.

JmO, but that is the kind of thinking that shrotened DDs career.

HJam72
07-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Well, if Schaub is our Bledsoe, then maybe Case or Yates is our Brady. :spin:

thunderkyss
07-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Well, if Schaub is our Bledsoe, then maybe Case or Yates is our Brady. :spin:

Or Romo

:shades:

EllisUnit
07-14-2012, 11:32 AM
JmO, but that is the kind of thinking that shrotened DDs career.

hmmm anything can shorten anyones career, Ref AJ untouched in all his injuries last season. You take advantage of what the other team does, and use your strengths. And the texans is def the running game and one cut ability of Foster. So personally that is prob the way the texans should think

drunkcookie
07-14-2012, 01:32 PM
Or Romo

:shades:

Haha...

ItsMyFault
07-14-2012, 02:14 PM
Good stuff. Just hope he can stay healthy now for the whole season.

Doppelganger
07-16-2012, 06:23 PM

Can we pay him a minimum vet contract to sit at home? I don't want him anywhere near Schaub.

Corrosion
07-16-2012, 07:13 PM
That's good news.

Just remember where you heard this news ..... 4 months ago. :corrosion:

Texan_Bill
07-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Who did "Fat Albert" land with??? :thinking: Are they on our schedule??? :wild:

HOU-TEX
07-17-2012, 10:21 AM
Who did "Fat Albert" land with??? :thinking: Are they on our schedule??? :wild:

Nobody. The Bucs whacked him after the season. I reckon he's likely done

Dutchrudder
07-17-2012, 10:29 AM
How about flying Haynesworth to another continent like Antartica? I dont trust Haynesworth in the same state as Schaub. Schaub will catch small pox if they are on the same team.

I would be fine with renting him out to the Houston Zoo. It's close enough to Reliant that it could be classified as a training facility.

CloakNNNdagger
07-17-2012, 11:41 AM

Your very likely correct. But if he manages to get a look by any team, I would say it might be St. Louis. Fischer was the only coach that I remember that could half way control him on a leash.

Texan_Bill
07-17-2012, 11:45 AM

Your very likely correct. But if he manages to get a look by any team, I would say it might be St. Louis. Fischer was the only coach that I remember that could half way control him on a leash.

The only team that I could see him landing with would be Oakland. They seem to like the cancerous types.

HOU-TEX
07-17-2012, 11:52 AM

The only team that I could see him landing with would be Oakland. They seem to like the cancerous types.

I was thinkin both the Raiders and the Rams for those exact reasons. But, I think the Raiders might change their philosophy with Al gone. Fisher's the question. However, I think he's smarter than that.

Geez, just discussing this nimrod is more proof we're in need of some slobber-knockin