PDA

View Full Version : Texans announce 2012 home game themes

Wolf
07-12-2012, 03:21 PM
HOUSTON – The Houston Texans have announced the themes for each home game in 2012. The schedule is highlighted by Battle Red Day presented by Halliburton on Sunday, Oct. 21 when the Texans take on the Baltimore Ravens.

The Texans will once again don their all-white uniforms to open the regular season for Liberty White Out against the Miami Dolphins on Sunday, Sept. 9. Other popular game themes include Salute to Service presented by Bud Light on Sunday, Nov. 4 against the Buffalo Bills and Hispanic Heritage Day presented by XFINITY against the Tennessee Titans on Sunday, Sept. 30.

Fan Appreciation Day presented by FOX Sports Southwest will take place in the final regular season home game on Sunday, Dec. 23 against the Minnesota Vikings.

Date Opponent Time (CT) Theme

Sat., Aug. 18 San Francisco 49ers 7 p.m. State of Football presented by Verizon

Thu., Aug. 30 Minnesota Vikings 6 p.m. Texans Care presented by FS Southwest

Sun., Sept. 9 Miami Dolphins Noon Liberty White Out

Sun., Sept. 30 Tennessee Titans Noon Hispanic Heritage Day presented by XFINITY

Sun., Oct. 14 Green Bay Packers 7:20 p.m. Pink Ribbon Day presented by Kroger

Sun., Oct. 21 Baltimore Ravens Noon Battle Red Day presented by Halliburton

Sun., Nov. 4 Buffalo Bills Noon Salute to Service presented by Bud Light

Sun., Nov. 18 Jacksonville Jaguars Noon Deep Steel Sunday

Sun., Dec. 16 Indianapolis Colts Noon Home for the Holidays

Sun., Dec. 23 Minnesota Vikings Noon Fan Appreciation Day presented by FS Southwest
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Texans-announce-2012-home-game-themes/46ac836b-e8e0-400b-bd8c-3ea341e7ed16

gwallaia
07-12-2012, 03:25 PM
I can hardly wait for Hispanic Heritage Day!

False Start
07-12-2012, 03:45 PM
No opening day liberty white, I see. I like that scheme, it reminds me of old school football.

TxDavid
07-12-2012, 04:05 PM
No opening day liberty white, I see. I like that scheme, it reminds me of old school football.

It's there. It's the Regular Season Home Opener on September 9th

chicagotexan2
07-12-2012, 04:35 PM

yeah but they need white helmets those would be sweet.

False Start
07-12-2012, 09:48 PM
It's there. It's the Regular Season Home Opener on September 9th

Oh damn you're right. I didn't even notice some where preseason games.

yeah but they need white helmets those would be sweet.

Yes, that would be kick ass. :jam:

ThaJokaa
07-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Oh damn you're right. I didn't even notice some where preseason games.

Yes, that would be kick ass. :jam:
Those would look fugly...

Want all white cleats and gloves too? Way too much white...

ThaShark316
07-13-2012, 01:30 AM
Those would look fugly...

Want all white cleats and gloves too? Way too much white...

Racist.....

TexansLucky13
07-13-2012, 07:04 AM
It's a shame I will miss being there for the Salute to Service game. I would rather go to the Jags game on my birthday instead though.

steelbtexan
07-13-2012, 08:06 AM
I can hardly wait for Hispanic Heritage Day!

Last yr I got to experience the joy of the hipanic couple holding up signs advertising their (Woman) Car detail service, (Man) Paint and Body shop all game long.

In the 4th qter after asking them all game long to put the signs down, I finally had enough and spit beer on them. after being hauled off and talked to by an usher, (he told me to get him next time I had a problem) I finally got to watch the last 2 mins of the game in peace.

Yes, I think I will be skipping hispanic heritage day this yr.

TimeKiller
07-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Last yr I got to experience the joy of the hipanic couple holding up signs advertising their (Woman) Car detail service, (Man) Paint and Body shop all game long.

In the 4th qter after asking them all game long to put the signs down, I finally had enough and spit beer on them. after being hauled off and talked to by an usher, (he told me to get him next time I had a problem) I finally got to watch the last 2 mins of the game in peace.

I don't think you should openly admit to this. It kind of makes you a jerk.

ThaJokaa
07-13-2012, 10:49 AM
Racist.....

Seriously...

steelbtexan
07-13-2012, 11:21 AM

I'm O.K. with me and dont really care about others opinions of me.

BTW, they put the signs down and I finally got to watch the end of the game. Mission accomplised,

Long time fans in our section, although they thought I was crazy, still laugh about it today and were glad they got to watch the end of the game.

Sorry if you think I was being a jerk, I guess you would've had to been there before you passed judgement. LOL

drunkcookie
07-13-2012, 01:35 PM
I'm O.K. with me and dont really care about others opinions of me.

BTW, they put the signs down and I finally got to watch the end of the game. Mission accomplised,

Long time fans in our section, although they thought I was crazy, still laugh about it today and were glad they got to watch the end of the game.

Sorry if you think I was being a jerk, I guess you would've had to been there before you passed judgement. LOL

I can for sure understand you getting upset about that, but is it a hispanic only issue (holding the signs) that's making you not want to attend on that one Sunday?

I've only been to four games, and have seen a few white folk get on my nerves with stuff like that...and I am white!

Norg
07-13-2012, 05:28 PM
so its battle red aganist the Ravens agian aye

man last time we played the ravens at home it was the most epic game i ever scene came back from like 24 points to force OT

we have never beaten the ravens this IMO is one of the most important games of the season so far by this point

ThaShark316
07-13-2012, 06:23 PM
Seriously...

It's called sarcasm, fam.

GuerillaBlack
07-13-2012, 09:55 PM
Seriously...

You even have a white guy in your signature and a white ass in your avatar. Stop being racist bro...

inb4 "black" is in your username

BullBlitz
07-13-2012, 10:41 PM

Yes, like the people holding the signs up all game weren't. Sometimes, enough is enough.

imatexan
07-13-2012, 10:49 PM

So because you have a bad day on February 22nd, 2011 you are not going to do anything on February 22nd, 2012?

I don't understand this concept, or are you just saying you are racist and don't want to go to hispanic heritage day? (Not accusing you of being racist, just don't know what other reason you wouldn't attend one specific Texans "themed game).

BullBlitz
07-13-2012, 11:12 PM
So because you have a bad day on February 22nd, 2011 you are not going to do anything on February 22nd, 2012?

I don't understand this concept, or are you just saying you are racist and don't want to go to hispanic heritage day? (Not accusing you of being racist, just don't know what other reason you wouldn't attend one specific Texans "themed game).

I don't understand your reply. Are you just trying to be inflammatory? (Not accusing you of being inflammatory, just don't know why you'd imply someone is racist when he just stated that he preferred not to go to a themed game.)

corytx8
07-13-2012, 11:17 PM
I love the fact that we will have a battle red day against the Ravens. New Rivarly forming possibly?

JB
07-13-2012, 11:29 PM

You spit on them?

drunkcookie
07-14-2012, 12:31 AM
I don't understand your reply. Are you just trying to be inflammatory? (Not accusing you of being inflammatory, just don't know why you'd imply someone is racist when he just stated that he preferred not to go to a themed game.)

"just stated that he preferred not to go to a themed game"? Nice spin? At the least it's profiling... Pretty ignorant if you ask me... And he spit on them? What a joke...

MistaRed
07-14-2012, 12:36 AM
Wait so you spit on someone? Couldn't of been me. I would've knocked you the **** out.

Norg
07-14-2012, 02:49 AM
I love the fact that we will have a battle red day against the Ravens. New Rivarly forming possibly?

maybe but so far its a Beat down the ravens own us but it seems like every time we play them one of our star players seems to not be there

BullBlitz
07-14-2012, 09:24 AM
Wait so you spit on someone? Couldn't of been me. I would've knocked you the **** out.

Of course you would have.

:bowdown:

HJam72
07-14-2012, 10:18 AM
I would have thought it was a game and turned to spit on the guy in front of me. It's like the wave (of spit)! :)

drunkcookie
07-14-2012, 01:33 PM
I would have thought it was a game and turned to spit on the guy in front of me. It's like the wave (of spit)! :)

Hilarious ha