PDA

View Full Version : [PFT] Jacoby Jonesí drops a concern in Baltimore

Texans34Life
07-10-2012, 08:55 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/10/jacoby-jones-drops-a-concern-in-baltimore/

Two months after free agent receiver Jacoby Jones signed with the Ravens, there are some concerns about his hands.

Dropped passes and fumbles were a problem for Jones in Houston, and were one of the reasons the Texans decided to draft two wide receivers and then cut Jones after the draft. Now the Ravensí website says those problems with drops havenít gone away for Jones: There were issues with Jones dropping passes during the Ravensí offseason practices.

Jones has undeniable talent and good speed, but if you canít hold onto the ball it doesnít matter how much speed you have, youíre not going to be effective as a receiver and a return man, which is what the Ravens signed Jones to be.

If Jones could hang onto the ball consistently, he could become a very effective third receiver behind Anquan Boldin and Torrey Smith. If he canít hang onto the ball consistently, his two-year, $7 million contract will be a mistake.

http://everyonematters2012.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/simpsons_nelson_haha21.png

HJam72
07-11-2012, 01:29 AM
I can save ya some time. :)

It's a mistake. :clown:

KA4Texan
07-11-2012, 07:36 AM
I can save ya some time. :)

It's a mistake. :clown:

I wonder how long it will be until the Ravens hopefuls accept that fact.

gwallaia
07-11-2012, 08:37 AM
I'm just glad the stupid buffoon is in Baltimore now and not Houston.

Texan_Bill
07-11-2012, 09:03 AM
From another thread ("2 LOL's") yesterday.................

Dion Caputi ‏@nfldraftupdate
During #Ravens minicamp WR Jacoby Jones had an issue with drops; conversely, Tandon Doss has "perhaps" the best hands on team, via t.site.

Dutchrudder
07-11-2012, 09:30 AM

I'll bet that even the most of the diehards and Ravens sunshiners will hate him after week 8. They will be 3-4 headed into the bye week after losing to the Texans. I imagine Jacoby will have something to do with that loss if he isn't on the bench by then.

Hookem Horns
07-11-2012, 09:42 AM
Of all teams you would think the Ravens would know that JJ only helps you win if he is on the OTHER team.

Texan_Bill
07-11-2012, 09:51 AM
From a Ravens message board:

Orinally Posted By: chesapeakeaviator

He already helped us win a playoff game... hahahaha.

:heh:

thunderkyss
07-11-2012, 09:57 AM

Both TO & AJ had problems with drops. Understandably not this late in their careers. But Jacoby will never be a number one. I think his drops won't be that big of an issue & he'll be worth drafting in my fantasy league.

Texan_Bill
07-11-2012, 10:11 AM
Both TO & AJ had problems with drops. Understandably not this late in their careers. But Jacoby will never be a number one. I think his drops won't be that big of an issue & he'll be worth drafting in my fantasy league.

Good luck with all of that, TK. :jogger:

gwallaia
07-11-2012, 10:14 AM
In addition to his drops, Jacoby is a terrible route runner and when the QB is scrambling, Jones quits on the play and makes no effort to help the QB. We are a better team without Jones.

Dutchrudder
07-11-2012, 10:37 AM

WTF? Seriously? You can't possibly love this guy so much that you can't see how far down the receiving option list he is. Ravens receiving options in order:

1. Ray Rice
2. Anquan Boldin
3. Torrey Smith
4. Ed Dickson
5. Dennis Pitta
6. Jacoby Jones

His fantasy value is completely dependent upon Boldin or Smith getting hurt. That's it, he has no chance of beating out either of them for WR 1/2, unless he pulls a Tanya Harding.

thunderkyss
07-11-2012, 12:38 PM
WTF? Seriously? You can't possibly love this guy so much that you can't see how far down the receiving option list he is. Ravens receiving options in order:

1. Ray Rice
2. Anquan Boldin
3. Torrey Smith
4. Ed Dickson
5. Dennis Pitta
6. Jacoby Jones

His fantasy value is completely dependent upon Boldin or Smith getting hurt. That's it, he has no chance of beating out either of them for WR 1/2, unless he pulls a Tanya Harding.

Yeah, I don't plan on using a high draft pick on him. Probably a late round flyer. He'll have opportunities on punt returns & offense.... & like you said if Bolden gets hurt.

OK, so I'm not really going to draft him. I just threw that out there.

MightyTExan
07-11-2012, 02:27 PM

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g396/donteventhinkthat/gif%20party/35k9atk.gif

GP
07-12-2012, 11:04 AM

LOL.

Where do you come up with this crap???

Do you employ a writer? Come on, tell the truth. You've got a writer.

Double Barrel
07-12-2012, 11:32 AM
I like this story...mainly because I don't care for the Ravens. SUCKAS!

thunderkyss
07-12-2012, 01:04 PM
LOL.

Where do you come up with this crap???

Do you employ a writer? Come on, tell the truth. You've got a writer.

Which part are you talking about?

To tell the truth, T.O.'s drops have haunted him his whole career.

GP
07-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Which part are you talking about?

To tell the truth, T.O.'s drops have haunted him his whole career.

Your fantasy football value for JJ.

You're too generous.

thunderkyss
07-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Your fantasy football value for JJ.

You're too generous.

Yeah, I already recanted that statement.

Too much Koolaide.

PapaL
07-12-2012, 04:58 PM

Too much Koolaide.

Screw the koolaide, what's IN the koolaide? Share it bro!

GP
07-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Reading the thread title, I chuckled at how Jacoby Jones "drops a concern"

The guy can't hold onto anything.

GP
07-12-2012, 05:06 PM

Too much Koolaide.

Gotta be quicker with the Edit button!

I know this all too well... ;)

False Start
07-12-2012, 09:20 PM
I like this story...mainly because I don't care for the Ravens. SUCKAS!

Same here. http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/k_hahaurgay1.gif

They are in my top 5 of the teams I despise with a passion.

mattieuk
07-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Yeah, I don't plan on using a high draft pick on him. Probably a late round flyer. He'll have opportunities on punt returns & offense.... & like you said if Bolden gets hurt.

OK, so I'm not really going to draft him. I just threw that out there.

I'm with you to a degree. He's a guy I'll be keeping my eye on inn the FA pool.

JJ is good for a couple of big games a year. The only trouble with JJ is that that you never know when he's going to have that game - and when you most want him to have that game, he doesn't bother remembering to bring his hands together in a co-ordinated manner to catch the big ol flipping ball.

I can't believe the amount of off-seasons waiting for JJ to step up and become 'that guy'. Glad only fantasy points ride on it now!

Norg
07-13-2012, 05:33 PM
is it just me or lately ravens been signing all of our X players ?????