PDA

View Full Version : NFL will let stadium crowd see same replays as officials

Vinny
07-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Fans at stadiums around the NFL could one day get to listen to referees discuss plays under review. In the meantime, at least they will get to see exactly what the replay official is looking at under the hood.

"They'll see the exact same angles at the exact same time as he does," Falcons president and NFL competition committee chairman Rich McKay told Pat Yasinskas of ESPN.com in a Wednesday report.

It's a no brainer idea and one of many undertaken this offseason to improve the in-stadium experience for fans. Home teams can no longer fail to show replays on the big board that might not be favorable. Fans will get to see the exact angles the refs sees, in order to better inform their heckling.

"I think this is another example of the league listening to its fans about what they want from the in-game experience," McKay said. "I think throughout this edition of replay, the league, the teams and our broadcast partners have done a nice job of using the available technology to make the game better and make the experience better for the fans."http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a5733c/article/nfl-will-let-stadium-crowd-see-same-replays-as-officials

gtexan02
07-05-2012, 12:59 PM
They'll still boo if the ruling hurts their team :)

CloakNNNdagger
07-05-2012, 03:55 PM
This may put the refs on notice for making any "poor" calls........it will also cut down on some refs taking bribes from Las Vegas.:kitten:

TejasTom
07-06-2012, 03:35 PM
This may put the refs on notice for making any "poor" calls........it will also cut down on some refs taking bribes from Las Vegas.:kitten:
And Buffalo Wild Wings extending games.

HJam72
07-06-2012, 03:45 PM
As long as the Refs are on our side, I'm all for it! :fans:

The Medic01
07-06-2012, 06:32 PM
And Buffalo Wild Wings extending games.

Those sprinklers were priceless.

texanhead08
07-07-2012, 01:39 PM
I hope this doesn't convince Kubes to try more challenges. He has to be the worst at this in NFL history.

Rey
07-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Maybe he got new people in the booth because it seems like he was better at it last year.

Hardcore Texan
07-07-2012, 02:32 PM
They'll still boo if the ruling hurts their team :)

Best line of the snippet posted:

Fans will get to see the exact angles the refs sees, in order to better inform their heckling.

Sounds about right :)