PDA

View Full Version : NFL schools rookies on concussions

CloakNNNdagger
06-25-2012, 10:57 PM
While you Remember the Alamo, you might Remember Colt McCoy...........

Posted: Monday June 25, 2012 6:37 PM
AURORA, Ohio (AP) - Flanked by the shining helmets of all 32 NFL teams, the head physician for the Cleveland Browns warned some of the league's rookies about the dangers of concealing head injuries and concussions.

"Don't try to hide it,'' Dr. Mark Schickendantz cautioned. "A little ding is not just a little ding.''

As part of a four-day retreat designed to ease their transition from college athletes to paid professionals, NFC rookies attended a seminar on health and safety Monday hosted by Schickendantz, one of many speakers who will address the first-year players on a variety of topics during the league's rookie symposium, now in its 15th year.

Shickendantz touched on a number of health issues ranging from banned substances to heat and hydration during his Power Point presentation.

He spent a significant portion of his discussion dealing with concussions, a subject at the forefront of league matters the past two years. Shickendantz began by explaining that the players will have to undergo a preliminary base test during training camp, and he outlined the necessary steps they'll have to follow if they sustain a head injury.

Shickendantz emphasized the league was only interested in the players' well-being.

"Our only agenda is your health and safety,'' he said. "It's about you, not about us.''

For the rest of the story:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/wires/06/25/2020.ap.fbn.rookies.concussions.1st.ld.writethru.0 982/index.html#ixzz1yrdkLb5s

steelbtexan
06-25-2012, 11:07 PM
Woder how many of these rookies will quit playing football due to concussion concerns? O/U 0

The former players lawsuit is a farce. They would've played the game regardless of the concussion issue. They just want $$$$ that they cant currently get from the NFL/NFLPA.

ChampionTexan
06-26-2012, 12:57 AM
"Don't try to hide it,'' Dr. Mark Schickendantz cautioned. "A little ding is not just a little ding.''

I'm sorry, I realize it's "We" not "She", but all I can think of now is Men Without Hats! Well, that or a wedding reception. :chickendance: