PDA

View Full Version : Glover Quin on 610 am now 12:45 June 12

badboy
06-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Mark Vandermeer interviewing

badboy
06-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Has new find new way to accomplish same thing as last season. Focus is mentioned. Other teams now aware how good Texans are and preparing for them. Always able to put up points but can now stop people.

Drafted WRs look good; mention guy from "Missoura" and another from SWAC. "As a DB I am in man to man and can get by with just what I need to know, but a WR has to know a lot more.

badboy
06-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Does he talk to back up DBs? He mentioned talking to Harris and Carmichael a lot. Said coaches are going to throw them in during OTAs and both got lots of reps. "Took them a while to feel comfortable but had some good plays." Both should be ready by TC.

badboy
06-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Said he was thrown into fire first season and was able to take advantage of it. Manning is a "high energy type". 100% all the time even practice. Quin wants to practice like it was a game.

On KJ: "He has made tremendous strides. He came into league with me and we both struggled. He does great job blocking, had great, really good OTAs. Heard some players saying, 'Hey! That's Kareem? "

badboy
06-12-2012, 01:11 PM
After this season, you are a UFA how do you handle financial advice (in regards to Vince Young suing his previous advisors). "Many advisors care only about self & not player. I did not sign with anyone at first as I knew how to save money. I now have a friend from school who is my financial advisor & does good job at keeping me informed where every dollars goes."

On Sims-Walker: He is proven & Texans (coaches) may be looking for vet experience. He is a good player if he can show what he needs to show we will work with him."

His future: wants to be a Texan and loves it here. Being drafted here was dream come true." Then the usual it's a business.

Are Texans building something? Yes, great core of guys and front office does great job drafting. Lots of players in league see what Texan are building & want to be a part of it. Big difference between his first season and now with team mates. We go out for dinner, bowling and other things. We are so much closer. It impacted game against Tennesse. Guys love each other.

EllisUnit
06-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Said he was thrown into fire first season and was able to take advantage of it. Manning is a "high energy type". 100% all the time even practice. Quin wants to practice like it was a game.

On KJ: "He has made tremendous strides. He came into league with me and we both struggled. He does great job blocking, had great, really good OTAs. Heard some players saying, 'Hey! That's Kareem? "

I dont care how much faith the coaches have in him, and all the "strides" they see him making in "practice". All i know is what i have seen in his first 2 seasons here, and that is that he's no starter. I think he could be a good nickle CB, but he is a liability in coverage.

Thank god for Manning and Quin last season otherwise he would have been toast like he was the season before when we had pollard and wilson.

thunderkyss
06-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Good stuff