PDA

View Full Version : Dez Bryant to "return"

CloakNNNdagger
05-31-2012, 11:09 AM
Total turnabout from Stretch's statements last year. Apparently getting desperate to return some excitement to the Cowboys game..........and return Bryant to the comfort of his hospital bed.

Jerry Jones OK with Dez Bryant returning punts (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/31/jerry-jones-ok-with-dez-bryant-returning-punts/)
PFT Posted by Michael David Smith on May 31, 2012, 7:03 AM EDT

When Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant was injured last year while returning a punt, owner Jerry Jones wasn’t happy about it. But Jones now says it’s OK with him if Bryant is used as a punt returner.

“He’s quite a weapon,” Jones said of Bryant as a return man, “and I’m for using him.”

Jones said he doesn’t oppose using starters on offense or defense on special teams, but he does want to make sure that those players get enough practice time in that they’re able to handle all of their responsibilities.

“I have no issue with us making business decisions relative to him returning punts,” Jones said. “What I do want him to do is to get enough repetitions so he can have a sense of fielding them and when to field them and when not to field them and make those kinds of judgments, but I like him back there to use him when we’ve got a long field or a chance for a return.”

Some might ask why the owner is having anything to say about what should be a coaching decision, but the reality in Dallas is that Jones will always have something to say about everything. And Jones says he’s OK with Bryant returning punts.

The1ApplePie
05-31-2012, 01:59 PM
Dez was a beast doing it as a rookie, but he needs to know what out of bounds is. Took way too many hits trucking guys.