PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl lives, will be played in in Hawaii in 2013

Stemp
05-30-2012, 08:44 PM
NEW YORK -- After receiving a promise from players that the game will be more competitive, the NFL will hold the Pro Bowl Jan. 27 in Honolulu, a week before the Super Bowl.

Commissioner Roger Goodell had made it clear that canceling the game was a possibility after the uninspired play of this year's 59-41 AFC victory. After discussions between the league and the players' union, the NFL announced Wednesday that Aloha Stadium would host the Pro Bowl for the third straight year.

It will be the 33rd Pro Bowl in Hawaii.

"The players have made it clear through the NFL Players Association that they would like the opportunity to continue to play the Pro Bowl in Hawaii," NFL executive vice president Ray Anderson said. "We look forward to working with the players toward the goal of improving the competitiveness of this season's game."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7988821/nfl-keep-pro-bowl-2013-play-hawaii

Thorn
05-31-2012, 05:42 AM
This game is unnecessary and risks injury to a teams better players. Now they want more compitition in it, which increases the level of risk. It's a dumb meaningless game for that kind of risk. I sure as hell wouldn't want my teams star QB or RB blowing out a knee or something in a game that just doesn't mean anything.

eriadoc
06-01-2012, 11:45 AM
I love how Goodell tries to put it all on the players by saying he's considering cancelling it because of uninspired play, LOL. Meanwhile, he overlooks the single most degrading thing ever done to the "game", which is eliminate all of the Pro Bowlers from the two Super Bowl teams by putting ti before the SB. He's a nidiot.

There are a lot of problems with the Pro Bowl, but it had cruised along at a happy equilibrium until he came along.

gary
06-01-2012, 12:37 PM
The game is not needed.

Stemp
06-01-2012, 12:39 PM
I love how Goodell tries to put it all on the players by saying he's considering cancelling it because of uninspired play, LOL. Meanwhile, he overlooks the single most degrading thing ever done to the "game", which is eliminate all of the Pro Bowlers from the two Super Bowl teams by putting ti before the SB. He's a nidiot.

There are a lot of problems with the Pro Bowl, but it had cruised along at a happy equilibrium until he came along.

Most of the pro Bowlers on the super bowl teams never actually go.

ChampionTexan
06-01-2012, 01:00 PM

As little as I care about the Pro Bowl, and as much as the time I spend watching it can be characterized as "seconds at a time" (if I happen to be home and watching TV when it's on), I find it far preferable where it's currently scheduled than after the Super Bowl. Between the Super Bowl and the draft, I pretty much want a complete break from football.