PDA

View Full Version : Greg Knapp interview on Raider's Blog

drs23
05-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Greg Knapp complimentary of Kubiak and his time in Houston in this article. (http://blogs.sacbee.com/raiders/archives/2012/05/greg-knapp-talk.html)

When asked if Carson Palmer was as athletic as Schaub He said "Yes, very similar". :yikes:

Fili
05-15-2012, 09:26 PM
Greg Knapp complimentary of Kubiak and his time in Houston in this article. (http://blogs.sacbee.com/raiders/archives/2012/05/greg-knapp-talk.html)

When asked if Carson Palmer was as athletic as Schaub He said "Yes, very similar". :yikes:

COPYCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But really. They want to be just like us...

The Pencil Neck
05-15-2012, 09:59 PM

Which is why they hired Greg Knapp and Mike Brisiel.

Fili
05-16-2012, 09:53 AM

And Leinart...

The Pencil Neck
05-16-2012, 10:29 AM
And Leinart...

LOL

I knew I was missing someone.

powda
05-16-2012, 12:15 PM

I thought we were a lot like them last year as far as our relentless running game. We were oakland south. Ask anyone who had schaub on their fantasy football team.

eriadoc
05-16-2012, 12:24 PM

And Leinart...

... and Frank Pollack (OL coach).

The Pencil Neck
05-16-2012, 01:39 PM
I thought we were a lot like them last year as far as our relentless running game. We were oakland south. Ask anyone who had schaub on their fantasy football team.

We were like them? I think you've got it backwards.

powda
05-16-2012, 02:01 PM
We were like them? I think you've got it backwards.

I dont think so at all. They had a great running game before we did. A 2 headed backfield before we did. They were among the leaders in rush attempts before we were. And their passing attack sucked before ours (when schaub was injured last year). We became a one dimensional offense which is exactly what theyve been for years.

They may try to emulate our passing game now but our running game success has mirrored their success in a lot of ways. Only it happened after they did it.

HOU-TEX
07-26-2012, 09:27 AM
That sucks

Pat Kirwan‏@PatKirwanCBS

I was told Raider line coach Steve Wisniewski has cleared out his office and left the Raiders, Frank Pollack on own as o- linecoach

Vinny
07-26-2012, 09:48 AM
I dont think so at all. They had a great running game before we did. A 2 headed backfield before we did. They were among the leaders in rush attempts before we were. And their passing attack sucked before ours (when schaub was injured last year). We became a one dimensional offense which is exactly what theyve been for years.

They may try to emulate our passing game now but our running game success has mirrored their success in a lot of ways. Only it happened after they did it.you do have it backwards...they are 'now' putting in our offense for the most part. Just because they ran the ball well doesn't mean they were using our run blocking techniques or our play action west coast stuff. They were a vertical stretch offense that ran the ball before.

Cerberus
07-27-2012, 05:02 PM

They may try to emulate our passing game now but our running game success has mirrored their success in a lot of ways. Only it happened after they did it.

Not to mention that Knapp was in Oakland before he came to Houston. Now he is back in Oakland with his zone-blocking scheme and all.

powda
07-27-2012, 05:22 PM
you do have it backwards...they are 'now' putting in our offense for the most part. Just because they ran the ball well doesn't mean they were using our run blocking techniques or our play action west coast stuff. They were a vertical stretch offense that ran the ball before.

Their changing how they run sure and thats not in dispute (to zone blocking). My comparison is about how often, how successful, how one dimensional, and how theyve been that way well before we were once schaub went down. I dont have anything backwards because I was never referring to the scheme.

powda
07-27-2012, 07:52 PM
Not to mention that Knapp was in Oakland before he came to Houston. Now he is back in Oakland with his zone-blocking scheme and all.

Tom cable is considered an Alex Gibbs disciple and he's now installing a zone run scheme in Seattle though that was never the point. I'm not considering how they ran, only that their success in the running game mirrors ours. Keep in mind they had mcfadden and bush before anyone here knew who foster was.