PDA

View Full Version : Most Likely to Happen: 2012 edition

Rey
05-11-2012, 11:02 AM
I normally wait until it gets closer to the season to start this thread, but I'm just too anxious and ready for the season to start...

Vinny
05-11-2012, 11:14 AM
half the teams lose on the first day of the season.

Rey
05-11-2012, 11:15 AM

LOL...

My bad...should have said poll coming...

ChampionTexan
05-11-2012, 11:16 AM

Okay, if you're going to go there, I feel compelled to point out that only two teams play on the first day of the season.

SCOTTexans
05-11-2012, 11:38 AM
I feeling a Lestar Jean break out :evil:

chicagotexan2
05-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Jonathon Joseph gets 7 ints
Kareem Jackson gets 0 ints
Jj and kj combine for 7 ints

TimeKiller
05-11-2012, 11:44 AM
That's a great list Rey, basically laid out the best possible scenarios for the top shelf players. The only one I couldn't see actually happening is Yates for 3 Grand. I went Barwin though, I think he could explode this year. Hell, he could get half that off of Gabbert alone lol...

Almost went with the DL combining for 18, almost went with Foster/Tate for 3800 all purpose yards...Even Cushing's is possible....

The Pencil Neck
05-11-2012, 11:46 AM
I think it's an indication of how much kook-aide I'm drinking, but I found several of these on the borderline plausible.

Ryan
05-11-2012, 11:50 AM
18 sacks for JJ Watt, Smith, Crick, and Jamison seems to be the one that sticks out the most to me. I could see Watt and Smith possibly doing that themselves.

Alot of these scenarios are possible though imo.

Vinny
05-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Jamison making the squad this year?

Playoffs
05-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Has to be the 7 INTs -- JJo 4/KJ 1 in 2011.

Tempted to go with WR @680 yards ... good possibility if AJ gets injured again.

Tough choices, good poll. MSR

beerlover
05-11-2012, 12:06 PM
I was going to post none of the above but what the heck I'll play! It's still going to be all about the defense. If the offense can control the clock a little better that only keeps the defense that much fresher. Texans were close last year ranked #3 so it's not out of the question they could be ranked #1 in scoring defense, schedule seems favorable on paper as well :logo:

Rey
05-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Jamison making the squad this year?

I dunno...

I just assumed he would as he was usually the first man in when Watt or Smith needed a breather...

He always seemed to make plays too.

badboy
05-11-2012, 12:41 PM
I considered several but have to go with none of the above. I'd lean towards Schaub & 16/4500 if I accept Kubiak & Matt saying he is on track for day one.

Rey
05-11-2012, 12:44 PM
I was going to post none of the above but what the heck I'll play! It's still going to be all about the defense. If the offense can control the clock a little better that only keeps the defense that much fresher. Texans were close last year ranked #3 so it's not out of the question they could be ranked #1 in scoring defense, schedule seems favorable on paper as well :logo:

I went with #1 scoring defense too...

Another year in the system, more talent added, not a lot of key production lost (Demeco didn't have a ton of production but his leadership may be missed some initially) and on top of that we have a ball control offense that likes to run the ball and control TOP...

I think with all those factors combined we can do it...

Rey
05-11-2012, 12:54 PM
I considered several but have to go with none of the above. I'd lean towards Schaub & 16/4500 if I accept Kubiak & Matt saying he is on track for day one.

Lots of people were saying none of the above when I made the thread last year too...

I think if we intend on having a special season, someone(s) is going to have to be great!

Last years "most likely thread": http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84007&page=4&highlight=happen

'09's most likely thread": http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53019&highlight=happen

ckhouston
05-11-2012, 01:53 PM
I'll take my man TJ.

Big Lou
05-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Where is the all of the above choice.........

:trophy: :homer:

76Texan
05-11-2012, 02:39 PM
I had some pretty good laugh with the responses.

Basically, if we get close on any of the choices, it would help other(s).

The best thing is for us to hit between 80-90% on all of those choices; it will then be a team effort that will give us the best chance to go all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whooo, I'm pumped!

Thanks for the poll. :whip:

76Texan
05-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Has to be the 7 INTs -- JJo 4/KJ 1 in 2011.

Tempted to go with WR @680 yards ... good possibility if AJ gets injured again.

Tough choices, good poll. MSR

It doens't add up, LOL!

76Texan
05-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Jonathon Joseph gets 7 ints
Jj and kj combine for 7 ints

Repped for being funny!

ckhouston
05-11-2012, 02:45 PM
It doens't add up, LOL!

I think that because they had 5 last year, they should be able to get 2 more this year is what the point was.

76Texan
05-11-2012, 02:47 PM
I dunno...

I just assumed he would as he was usually the first man in when Watt or Smith needed a breather...

He always seemed to make plays too.

If somebody else makes the squad over Jamison, the better the team will be.

chicagotexan2
05-11-2012, 03:04 PM
I had some pretty good laugh with the responses.

Basically, if we get close on any of the choices, it would help other(s).

The best thing is for us to hit between 80-90% on all of those choices; it will then be a team effort that will give us the best chance to go all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whooo, I'm pumped!

Thanks for the poll. :whip:

That's what she said. And sometimes he says that too, but I'm not one to judge.

drs23
05-11-2012, 03:36 PM
I think Foster & Tate combining for 3800 total yards from scrimmage is realistic. Not that the other choices aren't, just this choice being the most probable.

ObsiWan
05-11-2012, 04:08 PM
This was too easy...
JJ Watt, Antonio Smith, Crick, Jamison: 18 sacks combined

I could see the DEs averaging a tad over one QB sack/game.

speedfreek
05-12-2012, 09:30 AM
Should have added more intriguing options like:

a) Keenum throws more than 1 TD pass in a preseason game..

or

b) Dwight Jones gets suspended for running his mouth..

or

c) Kubiak has a + percentage throwing the challenge flag..

That would have made for a better poll..

TJ

Giant Tiger
05-12-2012, 04:58 PM
QUOTE=chicagotexan2;1954136]Jonathon Joseph gets 7 ints
Jj and kj combine for 7 ints[/QUOTE]

:spit: I thought he could get a couple at least :hmmm:

HJam72
05-13-2012, 08:24 AM
Right now, I feel a LOT more positive about the defensive possibilities there than the offensive ones. Schaub is hobbling around and there is no right side of our prestigious O-Line.

drs23
05-13-2012, 09:13 AM
Right now, I feel a LOT more positive about the defensive possibilities there than the offensive ones. Schaub is hobbling around and there is no right side of our prestigious O-Line.

I really hope that this is an over reaction of sorts concerning Caldwell & Butler as many have said in this and other threads. Both have starting experience and will have the whole offseason to 'gel' which seems to be the biggest factor in our ZBS. I'm not sure there will be a tremendous drop off in production. I hope neither steps up to replace Winston's guaranteed false start & holding penalties. It seemed like almost every time a flag flew on offense it ended with "number 73". I screamed it so often at the TV last year my wife asked "How do you know that? The official hasn't said anything yet." I was seldom wrong.

If these two experienced guys can just coordinate who keeps his block and who peels off for the second level we'll see them have some success without the auto 3-5 yd dingers we got used to seeing last year.

TexanSam
05-13-2012, 12:58 PM
c) Kubiak has a + percentage throwing the challenge flag..

That's funny.

mussop
05-13-2012, 01:29 PM

Thats going to be tough. We play a lot of get after the QB defenses this year. If Schaub has to throw the ball that much I can't see him making it 16 games.

The Medic01
05-13-2012, 01:35 PM
Thats going to be tough. We play a lot of get after the QB defenses this year. If Schaub has to throw the ball that much I can't see him making it 16 games.

why not three years in a row healthy. Thats not bad.

VTexan
05-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Has to be JoJo and Kareem getting 7 picks. Our secondary is going to be feasting on so many poorly thrown balls due to the havoc our front 7 is going to create. I can't see JoJo getting more than 3 (who is going at him?) but I can see Kareem bringing down 4-5 due to JoJo's cover skills (ala Fred Smoot effect due to Champ Bailey).

Rey
05-13-2012, 01:49 PM
Has to be JoJo and Kareem getting 7 picks. Our secondary is going to be feasting on so many poorly thrown balls due to the havoc our front 7 is going to create. I can't see JoJo getting more than 3 (who is going at him?) but I can see Kareem bringing down 4-5 due to JoJo's cover skills (ala Fred Smoot effect due to Champ Bailey).

That one does seem really plausible.

7 picks between those two would be really good no matter how it came.

BullBlitz
05-13-2012, 02:59 PM
I voted for JJ and KJ interceptions, although I don't believe that any of the choices are likely to occur.

Playoffs
05-13-2012, 03:09 PM
c) Kubiak has a + percentage throwing the challenge flag...http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/104029643_crop_650x440.jpg

drs23
05-13-2012, 03:12 PM
http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/104029643_crop_650x440.jpg

He ain't ascaird of "Guns". Looks ready to open a can of WA right there! Go Kubes!

infantrycak
05-13-2012, 03:43 PM
He ain't ascaird of "Guns". Looks ready to open a can of WA right there! Go Kubes!

Some people like to assert Kubiak is emotionless on the sideline but if anything the Texans may not get some tight calls because he regularly gets in the refs ear holes and profanity is generally involved. It isn't televised much because it is so easy to lip read.

badboy
05-13-2012, 03:48 PM
Gary throws flag based on what upstairs tells him. Critique should be on them and he did seem better last season. I think more plays will be reviewed now and he will make even fewer calls.

drs23
05-13-2012, 07:40 PM
Some people like to assert Kubiak is emotionless on the sideline but if anything the Texans may not get some tight calls because he regularly gets in the refs ear holes and profanity is generally involved. It isn't televised much because it is so easy to lip read.

You're right about that. I've watched when I've had the opportunity to be there but you don't see it on TV so much. But I've only seen him animated with the offense one time that I recall. Might have done it on other occasions and I din't see it.

Gary throws flag based on what upstairs tells him. Critique should be on them and he did seem better last season. I think more plays will be reviewed now and he will make even fewer calls.

Good point. Did the folks in the booth get better last season?

I agree about the fewer challenges now that each scoring play is auto reviewed and coaches don't have to worry about it.