PDA

View Full Version : Chris Carter: "I put "bounties" on opposing players"

Goldensilence
05-09-2012, 07:55 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7907610/cris-carter-formerly-minnesota-vikings-admits-authorizing-bounties

On First Take today he put it in a way that it was "for protection" purposes and that this is ingrained in the culture of the NFL.

The Pencil Neck
05-09-2012, 09:56 PM
They asked Arian Foster about this on one of the ESPN shows and he said, "My guys are already paid to protect me. Anyway, all those guys on the other team want to hurt me, it's my job to elude them."

It was pretty funny.

Personally, I think Carter is just trying to stir something up. Telling someone on your team that you'll pay them to protect you from some guy on the other team is pretty stupid. Do the guys on your team dislike you so much you've got to pay a guard to protect you? What a puh-c. A bounty is when you pay someone to go out and maim someone, not go out and not let them hurt you.

Dutchrudder
05-09-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm guessing this is why he isn't in the NFL Hall of Fame...

GP
05-11-2012, 02:24 AM
ESPN to Goodell's office: "Hey, we want Cris Carter to be able to share how he put bounties on players way back in the day..."

Goodell's office: "What kind?"

ESPN: "Nothing harmful, just paid his own guys to watch out for defensive opponents trying to hurt Cris. It's sort of silly, actually. Is that OK? I mean, we don't want to make Roger angry."

Goodell's office: "I don't even see where this is something he'd be upset about. I mean, it sounds really non-news'ish to me. Go ahead. We don't care."

Click. Click.

"OK everybody, Cris can run wild with his bounty story! NFL said they don't care. We need to make this really dramatic, show some old Carter footage...name a name, anybody have a name that would be plausible for this? Romanowski? Oh, DUH! Of course. That was easy. Run with it, folks. We've got news to create!"

Romanowski: "What the &@%*?!?! I never said that @&^%#! to Cris Carter. What a bunch of stupid &@%#! that is. I targeted EVERYBODY! Whoever was in my iron sights is who I went after!"

And THAT folks, is how the news is made.

HJam72
05-11-2012, 08:58 AM
Oh, my God. He went after EVERYBODY!!! :kitten:

The Pencil Neck
05-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Oh, my God. He went after EVERYBODY!!! :kitten:

Romanowski put personal bounties on his own teammates and then sent them to the hospital. That guy was nuts.