PDA

View Full Version : Top 100 Players 0f 2012 as voted by their peers

Playoffs
05-09-2012, 06:57 PM
NFL Network is releasing the Top 100 Players of 2012 (http://www.nfl.com/top100/2012) as voted by their peers.

Word is the first Texan player will be announced tonight.

_71. DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagles
_72. Lance Briggs, Chicago Bears
_73. Johnathan Joseph, Houston Texans
_74. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens
_75. Jason Witten, Dallas Cowboys
_76. Carl Nicks, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
_77. A. J. Green, Cincinnati Bengals
_78. Derrick Johnson, Kansas City Chiefs
_79. Nnamdi Asomugha, Philadelphia Eagles
_80. Jordy Nelson, Green Bay Packers
_81. Vince Wilfork, New England Patriots
_82. Joe Thomas, Cleveland Browns
_83. Fred Jackson, Buffalo Bills
_84. Chris Long, St Louis Rams
_85. NaVorro Bowman, San Francisco 49ers
_86. Darren Sproles, New Orleans Saints
_87. London Fletcher, Washington Redskins
_88. Michael Turner, Atlanta Falcons
_89. Dwight Freeney, Indianapolis Colts
_90. Hakeem Nicks, New York Giants
_91. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys
_92. John Kuhn, Green Bay Packers
_93. Cortland Finnegan, Tennessee Titans
_94. Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks
_95. Tim Tebow, Denver Broncos
_96. D'Qwell Jackson, Cleveland Browns
_97. Donald Penn, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
_98. Willis McGahee, Denver Broncos
_99. Ryan Kalil, Carolina Panthers
100. Chris Johnson, Tennessee Titans

CretorFrigg
05-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Tim Tebow?! Tim Tebow?!?! What?

Fili
05-09-2012, 08:25 PM
I thought it would've been Cushing at that place.

dream_team
05-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Anyone know how many Texans made the list? I would have expected JJ to be much lower in the rankings. At least top 50.

I would have guessed Cushing, Brown, JJ, AJ, and Foster to make the list for sure. Then Watt & Barwin having an outside chance of sneaking in. With JJ making the list so high, I'm starting to have my doubts now.

IDEXAN
05-10-2012, 11:29 AM
I thought it would've been Cushing at that place.\
Cushing may not make it at all, I don't think he's very popular with his peers and this is a popularity contest, you know.

TexanSam
05-10-2012, 12:54 PM
He's ahead of Asomugha :D

Playoffs
05-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Anyone know how many Texans made the list?I'd guess 4: Cush, Foster, AJ.

ChampionTexan
05-10-2012, 01:16 PM
I'd guess 4: Cush, Foster, AJ.

Myers will be on it. AJ will be there, but likely much lower than last year because of the time missed due to injury.

Before the list came out, I would have given Barwin and/or Watt and outside chance at being on it (this is a list of the 100 best right now - not a career evaluation), but while I could see either one being in the top 100, I'm not sure I see them in the top 70.

Lucky
05-10-2012, 04:51 PM
\
Cushing may not make it at all, I don't think he's very popular with his peers and this is a popularity contest, you know.
This list is a joke if Cushing doesn't make it. That Tebow is on it, makes it pretty much a joke already.

Joe Flacco @74? I don't think his teammates even voted for him.

drs23
05-10-2012, 05:00 PM
This list is a joke if Cushing doesn't make it. That Tebow is on it, makes it pretty much a joke already.

Joe Flacco @74? I don't think his teammates even voted for him.

Right on. I can't believe Tebow's there. If Cush don't make it it is indeed a joke. And a bad one at that.

gwallaia
05-10-2012, 05:14 PM
How often do they update the list?

Fili
05-10-2012, 05:51 PM
He's ahead of Asomugha :D

I bet because of his poor tackling :fingergun:

The Cush
05-10-2012, 06:31 PM
\

Cushing will make it for sure. He had an outstanding year, even Ray Lewis was pumping him up before our playoff game. He's also been part of their highlight montage they were showing before episode one, I doubt they put him in there without him being on the list.

Double Barrel
05-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Tim Tebow?! Tim Tebow?!?! What?

I don't hate the guy or anything, but that he's been voted in the top 100 players really invalidates the list in my mind.

No way in hell is he a better QB than Schaub, but I doubt Matt makes the cut.

I guess it just goes to show that players can be just as stupid as fans.

The Cush
05-10-2012, 06:45 PM
I don't hate the guy or anything, but that he's been voted in the top 100 players really invalidates the list in my mind.

No way in hell is he a better QB than Schaub, but I doubt Matt makes the cut.

I guess it just goes to show that players can be just as stupid as fans.

It is ridiculous, but you have to keep in mind that this list is JUST for last season, so its the Top 100 players of 2011-2012. I can see Matt not making it due to not playing the full year while Tebowmania blew up last season.

Vinny
05-10-2012, 08:02 PM
If Tebow is on the list, his peers must think he makes a difference. It's their opinion ya know.

majestrate
05-10-2012, 08:18 PM
If Tebow is on the list, his peers must think he makes a difference. It's their opinion ya know.
Agreed, and doesn't he? Not really a Tebow-fanatic, but I've gotten over my dislike of him. Were all the wins really because of him? No, but he inspired his team to fight harder for the win. I'd much rather have Orton over Tebow, but I can understand why Tebow is on the list.

Texecutioner
05-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Agreed, and doesn't he? Not really a Tebow-fanatic, but I've gotten over my dislike of him. Were all the wins really because of him? No, but he inspired his team to fight harder for the win. I'd much rather have Orton over Tebow, but I can understand why Tebow is on the list.

Tebow was a more effective player for that team last season than Orton was.

majestrate
05-11-2012, 05:30 AM
Denver's defense caused them to lose more than what Orton did. Though, you have a point, it could've been Tebow that inspired both sides of the ball to play better football, thus turning them into a better team.

Thorn
05-11-2012, 05:33 AM
It's the players making the list, not writers and fans, so I'm thinking it's probably a more accurate list on the who's who in playerdom last year.

I don't like Tebow either, in fact I'm sick of him. But if his peers put him on the list, then he deserves to be there.

Ryan
05-11-2012, 06:54 AM
They said there's 15 linebackers on the list, i have a hard time believing Cush won't be one of then. Could be wrong.

GuerillaBlack
05-11-2012, 07:04 AM
I can't believe people think this is a bad list because Tebow is on it. He is only at 95 anyway. He was definitely Top 100 for 2012, voted in by his peers.

Double Barrel
05-11-2012, 10:20 AM

yep, and we all know what opinions are like. :winky: Opinions are why Tebow makes a top 100 list and a band like ABBA gets into the R&R hall of fame over Deep Purple, KISS, and Rush.

Tebow's peers can think whatever they want, but the reality is that the team that drafted him and he took to the playoffs did not want him and the best the league would offer for him is a 4th round pick.

He's a nice guy and a positive role model. Those qualities have as much to do with his popularity as his football skills. I do not dislike the guy, but I'm an anti-pop. This is my opinion ya know.

False Start
05-11-2012, 10:48 AM
J Jo's video. (http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/NFL-Network-Top-100-73-Johnathan-Joseph/f8ad97f6-544a-488c-b6de-bc7e60ef71b4)

Vinny
05-11-2012, 11:44 AM
yep, and we all know what opinions are like. :winky: Opinions are why Tebow makes a top 100 list and a band like ABBA gets into the R&R hall of fame over Deep Purple, KISS, and Rush.

Tebow's peers can think whatever they want, but the reality is that the team that drafted him and he took to the playoffs did not want him and the best the league would offer for him is a 4th round pick.

He's a nice guy and a positive role model. Those qualities have as much to do with his popularity as his football skills. I do not dislike the guy, but I'm an anti-pop. This is my opinion ya know. Is the R&R HOF made up of peer voted members? I mean, if you play against the guy and find him hard to tackle near the goal line and you lose a game isn't it more profound than just fans wanting to see the popular or good looking guys?

Double Barrel
05-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Is the R&R HOF made up of peer voted members? I mean, if you play against the guy and find him hard to tackle near the goal line and you lose a game isn't it more profound than just fans wanting to see the popular or good looking guys?

yeah, I'm just ranting for fun, man. It seems like the popularity contest perpetuated by NFL Network builds up his hype more than his actual skills.

I'm not a Tebow hater. Just surprised that he made the list. I never considered him to be in the top 5% of the NFL in terms of talent, but obviously, players see it different.

And that's why they make shows like these, so fans will jab about it. :howdy:

Vinny
05-11-2012, 12:05 PM
yeah, I'm not trying to argue your point really...I'm not a Tebow fan either and I too get sick of his Favre-like publicity, but its not like he was David Carr sacking himself out there. :) However, I watch Tebow make big plays when it counts and is hard to tackle when he needs a first down or around the goal line. Dude had 18 combined TD's last year and he didn't play the whole season. Denver was 1-4 and people considered them done for the year when he took over. I get it though...opinions either way are fine. Just throwing it down on a slow NFL news day :)

Playoffs
05-16-2012, 08:09 PM
_61. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers
_62. Justin Tuck, New York Giants
_63. Lamarr Woodley, Pittsburgh Steelers
_64. Logan Mankins, New England Patriots
_65. Roddy White, Atlanta Falcons
_66. Earl Thomas, Seattle Seahawks
_67. Joe Staley, San Francisco 49ers
_68. Elvis Dumervil, Denver Broncos
_69. Carlos Rogers, San Francisco 49ers
_70. Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles

Fili
05-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Philip Rivers overrated white boy.... Glad he isn't any higher.

Wolf6151
05-17-2012, 01:03 AM
Shouldn't this be the top 100 players of 2011? This is May and we're basing this list from last years performances and haven't played anything in 2012 yet.

Ryan
05-17-2012, 01:53 AM
I'd truly be disappointed if Cushing doesn't make it in, but it doesn't look like he will. Duane Brown without a doubt should be on there as well, but if Joe Thomas goes in the 70's i doubt Duane Brown gets voted in although he's among the top 3 LTs in the game in my opinion.

Foster and AJ are the only locks left that we have. I expect AJ to fall below Fitz and Megatron this year due to injuries.

Norg
05-17-2012, 02:36 PM
yall think Matt schaub will make this list they said only 8 Qb's left

Tim tebow
TOny romo
Joe flacco
Vick
Phillip Rivers

ones that are prob on it

Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Cam Newton
Eli Manning
Aron Rodgers
Matthew staford

so really only two spots left

i think Chris myers should make it

AJ prob wont even be on the list due to Injuries

JJ watt or SMith i could make a case on why they should be on there

Barwin Cushing

and maybe GQ .......

TheIronDuke
05-17-2012, 03:30 PM
and maybe GQ .......

Just when I thought you were going to make a post that wasn't completely insane. :vincepalm:

The Cush
05-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Cushing was shown in a bunch of the promos before episode 1 and then shown again last night as they built up who the next name was going to be between selections. I would be completely shocked if he didn't make it.

Thorn
05-17-2012, 04:09 PM
Cushing was shown in a bunch of the promos before episode 1 and then shown again last night as they built up who the next name was going to be between selections. I would be completely shocked if he didn't make it.

Cushing, Brown and Foster will be on that list somewhere. And I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more Texans other than them as well.

CretorFrigg
05-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Note that Johnathan Joseph is ranked higher than Nnamdi Asmoughasdoifjasidfjaaadfa. :)

Ryan
05-17-2012, 04:50 PM
yall think Matt schaub will make this list they said only 8 Qb's left

Tim tebow
TOny romo
Joe flacco
Vick
Phillip Rivers

ones that are prob on it

Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Cam Newton
Eli Manning
Aron Rodgers
Matthew staford

so really only two spots left

i think Chris myers should make it

AJ prob wont even be on the list due to Injuries

JJ watt or SMith i could make a case on why they should be on there

Barwin Cushing

and maybe GQ .......

AJ is the most respected WR in the league, he'll be on the list. If Watt or Smith made it they likely would have already been mentioned by now but i could be wrong. No way Schaub gets in.

SCOTTexans
05-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Philip Rivers overrated white boy.... Glad he isn't any higher.

Yeah he had a horrible season and still makes 61..... What!?

SCOTTexans
05-17-2012, 05:18 PM
Cushing, Brown and Foster will be on that list somewhere. And I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more Texans other than them as well.

Cushing should be top 25 and foster top 15 or i'd be very disappointed with the show

Norg
05-18-2012, 12:43 AM
schaub took us to 7 wins ... i wonder how things would of played out if he didnt get hurt

if he didnt get hurt im sure he would of been on this list

but hey think off the people the might be taken his place

Matt ryan
Andy Dalton
Big Ben
ALex Brink

DId thoes QB's really have a better season then Matt last year even if he missed 6 games ???

TheIronDuke
05-18-2012, 07:47 AM
schaub took us to 7 wins ... i wonder how things would of played out if he didnt get hurt

Matt ryan
Andy Dalton
Big Ben
ALex Brink

DId thoes QB's really have a better season then Matt last year even if he missed 6 games ???

Alex Brink did have a pretty good season with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in the CFL. Don't think he'll be in the running for the top-100 though, but if he was it would be less of a surprise than if Glover Quin was in it.

Double Barrel
05-18-2012, 10:30 AM
Some of the NFLN talking heads said that Peyton Manning will probably be on the list... :um:

So, is this top 100 players of 2012 - i.e. next season - or is it based on last year's season?

Because if it's predicting the top 100 for next season, I'm really confused by a backup QB for the Jets making the list.

And if it's based on last season, then Manning should obviously not be on the list.

I will wait to see how it plays out...

The Cush
05-18-2012, 10:49 AM
Some of the NFLN talking heads said that Peyton Manning will probably be on the list... :um:

So, is this top 100 players of 2012 - i.e. next season - or is it based on last year's season?

Because if it's predicting the top 100 for next season, I'm really confused by a backup QB for the Jets making the list.

And if it's based on last season, then Manning should obviously not be on the list.

It's suppose to be for last season's performance. I remember some of the previews where a guy was like "he didn't even play last year". I can see them putting him on there and having guys say stuff like "him not playing completely derailed the Colts last year, that's how great of an impact he was in 2011".

ChampionTexan
05-18-2012, 11:03 AM

It's suppose to be for last season's performance. I remember some of the previews where a guy was like "he didn't even play last year". I can see them putting him on there and having guys say stuff like "him not playing completely derailed the Colts last year, that's how great of an impact he was in 2011".

I think they were intetionally vague about the criteria when polling the players, but if you listen to the wording, they call it the 100 best players right now (or something along those lines).

As one example, it's virtually impossible to characterize Andre Johnson's 2011 season as one of the 100 best in the NFL, but I believe there's definitely a case to be made that he's currently one of the best 100 players in the NFL.

Double Barrel
05-18-2012, 11:08 AM
I think they were intetionally vague about the criteria when polling the players, but if you listen to the wording, they call it the 100 best players right now (or something along those lines).

As one example, it's virtually impossible to characterize Andre Johnson's 2011 season as one of the 100 best in the NFL, but I believe there's definitely a case to be made that he's currently one of the best 100 players in the NFL.

If that's the case, the issue I would have is that Schaub is clearly better than the backup QB for the Jets.

This becomes nothing more than a popularity contest and shows that players can be about as objective as the average fan.

Obviously, the point of the show is to generate interest and discussion among fans, and in that light, they have accomplished their goal.

False Start
05-18-2012, 11:39 AM
If Cush isn't on the list, it's a sham!

The Cush
05-18-2012, 12:04 PM

I bet a lot of the players don't vote according to just last season but that is the intention of the list. They only present you with stats and plays from last year during each segment.

Ryan
05-18-2012, 01:46 PM
When they showed the commercial for top 100, i saw a picture of Cush's bloody face so there's a good chance he'll be in there somewhere still. He may not be in the media and fans favor after the PEDs incident, and thats why he got shammed of first team All-Pro and the Pro Bowl, but i guarantee he has the respect of his peers.

Norg
05-18-2012, 02:42 PM
its the best 100 players of last season ... not that hard to figure out

2 years ago when they did it for the first time players were confused cause the took in the career factor and not just one year

but its all clear now it seems

The Pencil Neck
05-18-2012, 03:42 PM
its the best 100 players of last season ... not that hard to figure out

2 years ago when they did it for the first time players were confused cause the took in the career factor and not just one year

but its all clear now it seems

Not if Peyton makes it onto the list and according to some of the commercials, it looks like he does.

Ryan
05-18-2012, 05:55 PM

ALex Brink

wtf?

Wolf
05-18-2012, 09:40 PM
I almost want Cushing to not be voted into this list by his peers... more motivation( not that he needs it) but I will feel sorry for who he is tackling this season

Lucky
05-18-2012, 11:10 PM
Just when I thought you were going to make a post that wasn't completely insane. :vincepalm:
Missed it by that much.

Matt ryan
Andy Dalton
Big Ben
ALex Brink

Alex Brink did not have a better season than Matt Schaub. Alex Smith? Maybe. Alex Trebek? Possibly. But not Alex Brink.

drs23
05-20-2012, 11:09 PM
Spent the afternoon riding the couch and caught the Top 100 down to 41. Like I've seen talked about upthread they showed Cush before every break and coming out of break. There's no way he doesn't make the list. I wouldn't be surprised to see him Wednesday but I'd like to see him several weeks later. :)

The last time they went to commercial they said two rookie defensive players made the list this year and there was full screen pic of Cush & JJ MegaWatt. That would be bad ass for JJ to make it in his first season.

HOU-TEX
05-21-2012, 09:27 AM
I'm not so sure our Oline will be voted on as much as players ***** about our cut blocking. It might only be Myers voted in, if any. Although, I/we know DB had an outstanding year this past season.

False Start
05-21-2012, 02:08 PM
There will be another Texan on this weeks episode. (https://twitter.com/#!/HoustonTexans/status/204647532146589696)

A #Texans player is revealed on @nflnetwork Top 100 of 2012 at 7 pm CT Wednesday. It's a defensive player, and ranked between #60-51

Playoffs
05-21-2012, 02:12 PM
A #Texans player is revealed on @nflnetwork Top 100 of 2012 at 7 pm CT Wednesday. It's a defensive player, and ranked between #60-51That'll be Cush -- they won't put MW as a Texan ... ?

drs23
05-21-2012, 02:17 PM
That'll be Cush -- they won't put MW as a Texan ... ?

The CushMonster is my bet. There were a few players describing someone as a "Manster" and it was always right after they flashed Cush's picture. Don't know if they were referencing him or not. Looking forward to Wednesday!

Ryan
That'll be Cush -- they won't put MW as a Texan ... ?

MW was in the 90s in the list last year, no way he would make it this year after playing even less. The media put him as our best defensive player, but his peers around the NFL know better.

HOU-TEX
Could be Watt? I'd think Cushing would be higher, unless the players are weary of the hcg crap

dream_team
05-21-2012, 03:13 PM
MW was in the 90s in the list last year, no way he would make it this year after playing even less. The media put him as our best defensive player, but his peers around the NFL know better.

He was #71. But I agree, shouldn't be higher than last season. I don't recall a defensive Texan ranked higher than MW on that list, so I guess his peers agree that he was the best on the team.

Ryan
05-21-2012, 05:07 PM
Could be Watt? I'd think Cushing would be higher, unless the players are weary of the hcg crap

I think Watt is good enough to be a top 50 player, and easily a top 100 player, but i don't think he has the name recognition just yet. Would have been known more if the defensive players drafted around him weren't as good as they ended up being.

False Start
05-23-2012, 07:40 PM
Cush at # 54! :texflag:

drs23
05-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Cush at # 54! :texflag:

I KNEW IT! Go Cushmonster!

False Start
05-23-2012, 07:58 PM
I KNEW IT! Go Cushmonster!

Yeah, I loved the quotes from the other players. He's a beast!

Fili
05-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Knew he would get on the list...

False Start
05-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Cush will be on the reaction show, next. It's 8:22 PM by my watch.

The Cush
05-23-2012, 08:31 PM
I like how NFL.com has their list updated except for no reason at all they decided to leave out Cushing's video and whoever #53 is.

False Start
05-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Cush (http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/318169_10150816484911314_41011662_n.jpg)

disaacks3
05-23-2012, 08:57 PM
I like how NFL.com has their list updated except for no reason at all they decided to leave out Cushing's video and whoever #53 is.

Glad I'm not the only one that irked. Numbers above AND below, but not his...wth?

The Cush
05-23-2012, 09:03 PM
Glad I'm not the only one that irked. Numbers above AND below, but not his...wth?

It doesn't make any sense! It's like they couldn't wait to put Von Miller up there after Patrick Peterson got overrated.

Fili
05-23-2012, 09:30 PM
When I try to watch Cush's video it takes me to a video of him getting interviewed... This happening to anyone else?

Playoffs
05-24-2012, 11:50 AM
_51. Brian Urlacher, Chicago Bears
_52. Von Miller, Denver Broncos
_53. Tony Gonzalez, Atlanta Falcons
_54. Brian Cushing, Houston Texans
_55. Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals
_56. Greg Jennings, Green Bay Packers
_57. Trent Cole, Philadelphia Eagles
_58. Jonathan Vilma, New Orleans Saints
_59. Jake Long, Miami Dolphins
_60. Darren McFadden, Oakland Raiders

Blake
05-24-2012, 01:11 PM
Personally I think that is low for Cush. The best player on our top 3 defense by far, and hes #53 in the league?

Maddict5
05-24-2012, 01:15 PM
When I try to watch Cush's video it takes me to a video of him getting interviewed... This happening to anyone else?

yup..sucks

Ryan
05-24-2012, 01:52 PM
yup..sucks

I get that and i also get the video for Brian Urlacher :wadepalm:

b0ng
05-24-2012, 03:09 PM
They are re-showing 51 - 60 right now on NFLN. This is where DVR comes in handy since nfl.com seems to be against showing Cushing's vignette.

Fili
05-24-2012, 03:27 PM
Tony Gonzales' video doesn't work either...

Hardcore Texan
05-24-2012, 07:38 PM

The criteria is not a career retrospective but if you were drafting a team, who would you take right now? So basically to me that means, coming off their 2011 performance how do you predict they will perform or rank in 2012 in a vaccum as player and what they bring to the team regardless of position. In other words you can be lopsided and have a ton of QB's but few lineman for instance.

While that sounds pretty clear, it is kind of vague and a lot of players end up taking some of that into consideration but reputation plays into it big time and too much so IMHO...i.e. Phillip Rivers doesn't belong near that high if at all, and Tebow shouldn't be on the list when you look at some of the ones left off.

Cushing isn't rated high enough IMO, but I am okay with the #54 ranking all things considered. JJO was rated the 8th best CB in the league. I think he is HIGHLY underated, I believe him to easily be top 5 and very possibly top 3. I am glad he beat out Aso but someone please list for me 7 better CB's than JJo. Revis is the clear number 1 but after that it's up for grabs IMO.

I think Watt makes it, if not that's a shame! But he was a rook so I can understand it I guess. Schaub will not make it, but IMO he is a top 8 QB and there are more than 8 QB's on the list. Peyton Manning will probably make it because of rep but based on missing the entire season and the unknowns about his health I know I wouldn't take him right now if I were drafting a team as the criteria is defined.

AJ and Foster are locks. Foster will be our highest player on the list, probably top 10 - 15. Duane Brown DESERVES to be on this list but I am nervous he will be left out, he's easily top 50 no doubt about it, just ask James Harrison. IMO, besides AJ Foster for sure being there, I think we may see one or two of the following guys and they deserve to be there: Barwin, Watt, Brown, and Myers.

But given we are already down to top 50 I think our best chances are with either Brown or Myers. Both scored out as top OL last year and are in their prime.

Playoffs
05-24-2012, 07:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTNc-CNZ9zc&feature=results_video&&list=PL6969B499F2EBE1AF

Ryan
05-24-2012, 08:39 PM
I think Watt makes it, if not that's a shame! But he was a rook so I can understand it I guess.

There is only one rookie left not mentioned yet and one can only assume it would be Cam Newton. Aldon Smith didn't get in either and he had more sacks than Von Miller who did get in. All about popularity and really nothing more.

Fili
05-24-2012, 09:29 PM
There is only one rookie left not mentioned yet and one can only assume it would be Cam Newton. Aldon Smith didn't get in either and he had more sacks than Von Miller who did get in. All about popularity and really nothing more.

Yeah it'll be Cam. Stunning freshman season.

ChampionTexan
05-24-2012, 10:10 PM

Yeah it'll be Cam. Stunning freshman season.

I believe I heard that there's only two defensive rookies on the list, and both of them were this past week (Miller and Patrick Peterson). Newton's a lock to be somewhere in the remaining 50.

Hardcore Texan
05-25-2012, 11:06 AM

I didn't realize that, yeah it's definitely Cam.

Blake
05-29-2012, 02:20 PM

A player's worth is more than just sacks. Not saying I disagree that its more a popularity contest.

Fili
05-30-2012, 07:32 PM
Peyton Manning at 50 smh...... Didn't play a single second of the game.:toropalm:

Ryan
05-31-2012, 04:27 PM
A player's worth is more than just sacks. Not saying I disagree that its more a popularity contest.

It was just a general example, I think Von Miller is a better overall player than Aldon Smith, but him being in the top 50-60 players on that last and aldon not even being there kind of surprised me. Especially JJ not being on there after how dominant he was towards the end of the regular season and the postseason.

The Medic01
05-31-2012, 05:25 PM
So leach and a player who didn't play a snap are better than a dominant inside linebacker and a shutdown corner.

:vincepalm:

Playoffs
05-31-2012, 06:19 PM
_41. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions
_42. Jason Peters, Philadelphia Eagles
_43. Vernon Davis, San Francisco 49ers
_44. Jason Babin, Philadelphia Eagles
_45. Vonta Leach, Baltimore Ravens
_46. Champ Bailey, Denver Broncos
_47. Mike Wallace, Pittsburgh Steelers
_48. Devin Hester, Chicago Bears
_49. Maurkice Pouncey, Pittsburgh Steelers
_50. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos

Norg
06-02-2012, 01:26 AM
on the peyton manning video did yall hear that little JAB on the texans

"SInce peyton didnt play alot of things changed"

Like the texans winning the divison ...WTF was THAT that kinda make me ....Come on man !!!! has a texans fan i cant let that slide LOL

what yall think we never get no respect o well i guess we just gotta win the divison again this year to prove the naysayers wrong that we are a winning culture now

Playoffs
06-13-2012, 09:01 PM
_21. Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots
_22. Ray Rice, Baltimore Ravens
_23. Wes Welker, New England Patriots
_24. Jason Pierre-Paul, New York Giants
_25. Arian Foster, Houston Texans
_26. Julius Peppers, Chicago Bears
_27. Clay Matthews, Green Bay Packers
_28. Frank Gore, San Francisco 49ers
_29. James Harrison, Baltimore Ravens
_30. Ben Roethliisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers
_31. Eli Manning, New York Giants
_32. Jahrl Evans, New Orleans Saints
_33. Matt Forte, Chicago Bears
_34. Tamba Hall, Kansas City Chiefs
_35. Steve Smith, Carolina Panthers
_36. Charles Woodson, Green Bay Packers
_37. Steven Jackson, St. Louis Rams
_38. Ndamukong Suh, Detroit Lions
_39. Victor Cruz, New York Giants
_40. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers

Ryan
06-13-2012, 09:25 PM
Andre should be on next week's show according to the preview. Nice to know that all of the concussions the players suffer didn't let them forget Andre. Because they surely forgot that Foster is the best back in the league.

Playoffs
06-13-2012, 09:43 PM
...Because they surely forgot that Foster is the best back in the league.They'll find out, again ..... on Sundays.

Playoffs
06-13-2012, 10:19 PM
Seth Payne ‏@PayneNFL
This top 100 player's poll is about as accurate as the pregnancy test my mistress just took (fingers crossed).

:lol:

Blake
06-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Rob Gronkowski #21? WTF is the world coming to?

The Pencil Neck
06-14-2012, 01:39 PM
Rob Gronkowski #21? WTF is the world coming to?

At least he said that Owen Daniels is one of the guys he looks/looked up to.

Playoffs
06-20-2012, 09:18 PM
_11. Terrell Suggs, Baltimore Ravens
_12. Maurice Jones-Drew, Jacksonville Jaguars
_13. Jared Allen, Minnesota Vikings
_14. Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints
_15. Andre Johnson, Houston Texans
_16. Ed Reed, Baltimore Ravens
_17. Justin Smith, San Francisco 49ers
_18. LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia Eagles
_19. Troy Polamalu, Pittburgh Steelers
_20. Ray Lewis, Baltimore Ravens

_21. Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots
_22. Ray Rice, Baltimore Ravens
_23. Wes Welker, New England Patriots
_24. Jason Pierre-Paul, New York Giants
_25. Arian Foster, Houston Texans
_26. Julius Peppers, Chicago Bears
_27. Clay Matthews, Green Bay Packers
_28. Frank Gore, San Francisco 49ers
_29. James Harrison, Pittsburgh Steelers
_30. Ben Roethliisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers
_31. Eli Manning, New York Giants
_32. Jahrl Evans, New Orleans Saints
_33. Matt Forte, Chicago Bears
_34. Tamba Hall, Kansas City Chiefs
_35. Steve Smith, Carolina Panthers
_36. Charles Woodson, Green Bay Packers
_37. Steven Jackson, St. Louis Rams
_38. Ndamukong Suh, Detroit Lions
_39. Victor Cruz, New York Giants
_40. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers
_61. Philips Rivers, San Diego Chargers
_63. LaMarr Woodley, Pittsburgh Steelers
_76. Carl Nicks, New Orleans Saints

eriadoc
06-21-2012, 10:29 AM
So MJD is 13 spots better than Arian Foster.

Ryan
06-21-2012, 02:27 PM

A guy with average receiving ability and barely more total yards than Foster with 3.5 more games played, not to mention less touchdowns. :vincepalm:

Playoffs
06-21-2012, 03:03 PM
One thing with MJD in 2011 ..... nobody was biting on play action. :lol:

Texecutioner
06-21-2012, 05:35 PM
A guy with average receiving ability and barely more total yards than Foster with 3.5 more games played, not to mention less touchdowns. :vincepalm:

How do you guys pull a facepalm and hate on MJD? Seriously?

The guy has been a top 5 type of back for like 7 years now on a bad team with no WR's to take attention away from him, and he is still doing it. He just had another great season. I think the NFL players have a pretty good idea of the differences between MJD and Foster. I have no problem with MJD being higher at all. I'd say it could go either way honestly. I'd take Foster because he is younger, but MJD has been a beast for many years. It is certainly not some error that is worth a facepalm or unbelievable ranking. MJD has earned that status for years and is practically the only bright spot on that franchise.

Double Barrel
06-21-2012, 06:07 PM

It's a popularity contest. Which explains why Tebow and Manning are on it.

Schaub, with back-to-back 4000+ yard seasons (2009/2010), gets absolutely no love. Nobody will ever convince me that Tebow is a better QB than Schaub.

Ryan
06-21-2012, 09:11 PM

The guy has been a top 5 type of back for like 7 years now on a bad team with no WR's to take attention away from him, and he is still doing it. He just had another great season. I think the NFL players have a pretty good idea of the differences between MJD and Foster. I have no problem with MJD being higher at all. I'd say it could go either way honestly. I'd take Foster because he is younger, but MJD has been a beast for many years. It is certainly not some error that is worth a facepalm or unbelievable ranking. MJD has earned that status for years and is practically the only bright spot on that franchise.

I think MJD is a fine running back, but I don't think he's on Foster's level. He may be their entire offense but so was Foster for the majority of the year while Schaub and AJ got hurt. Foster is a better receiver and better pure runner if you ask me, but after he got rid of his "one year wonder" stigma, he now is going to have a stigma forever possibly of being simply a "scheme back" just because of the coaching staff we have. Foster's produced 4,000 total yards from scrimmage over the past two seasons which is remarkable and above any back in the league over that time. MJD is top 2-3 back, but Foster is clearly the best all around running back to me and alot of other people right now. In terms of just carrying abilities i think the only one that is above Foster is Adrian Peterson.

Texecutioner
06-21-2012, 09:16 PM
I think MJD is a fine running back, but I don't think he's on Foster's level. He may be their entire offense but so was Foster for the majority of the year while Schaub and AJ got hurt. Foster is a better receiver and better pure runner if you ask me, but after he got rid of his "one year wonder" stigma, he now is going to have a stigma forever possibly of being simply a "scheme back" just because of the coaching staff we have. Foster's produced 4,000 total yards from scrimmage over the past two seasons which is remarkable and above any back in the league over that time. MJD is top 2-3 back, but Foster is clearly the best all around running back to me and alot of other people right now. In terms of just carrying abilities i think the only one that is above Foster is Adrian Peterson.

I"m not saying that Foster isn't the best back, but you're a Texan fan and most Texan fans will probably say that.

I can guarantee you that a ton of Ravens fans will say that Ray Rice is the best back in the league, and they'd have just as good of an argument to make.

Chris Johnson has had one bad season where it didn't look like he ran nearly as hard. If he comes back with full motivation, there is no telling how good he might be.

Jamal Charles was arguably the best back in the league two seasons ago as well when he had the highest average yards per carry. The season before that he had like 1,000 yards in like just the last 8 games of that season. THe greatness of his season got overshadowed by Chris Johnson's 2,000 yard season though.

Foster is a great back and arguably the best back in the league, but you could make a very strong argument for all of these backs including MJD. None of these guys are a cut above the rest to where it would be a travesty if one is listed above the other. It's that close of a comparison.

If I were picking a back right now to start my team with I'd probably take either Foster or Jamal Charles. I'd have to think very long and hard about which one I'd take.

Texecutioner
06-21-2012, 09:21 PM
It's a popularity contest. Which explains why Tebow and Manning are on it.

Schaub, with back-to-back 4000+ yard seasons (2009/2010), gets absolutely no love. Nobody will ever convince me that Tebow is a better QB than Schaub.

Agreed, but Tebow did lead a team that was thought of as a garbage team that was like 1-4 or something like that at the time to the playoffs and even the 2nd round of the playoffs in just his 2nd season with a bunch of garbage weapons on offense and a defense that somehow began to play great football when Tebow came in there and rallied those guys. Schaub has yet to ever play a full season for a team that made the playoffs. I think the timing doesn't make Schaub sound as sexy as the "Tebow Time" character and that has a lot to do with it. Schaub is definitely a better QB for sure though.

Ryan
06-21-2012, 09:26 PM
I have seen Steelers and Ravens fans included who would even say Foster is the best back considering what he has done to both of those defenses in Week 4 and in the Divisional Round. I like Ray Rice alot but there's alot of games where he disappears in but that may be with the way the Ravens use him.

Jamaal Charles is a stud and if he can stay on the field, with Haley gone he'll be the clearcut #1 back and not have to split carries with a 30+ year old Thomas Jones and he could really take off.

eriadoc
06-21-2012, 10:05 PM

Well, I didn't facepalm or hate, but I just don't think MJD is 13 spots better than Arian Foster. That actually speaks more to the crappy ranking of Foster though. I do think MJD had a better year last year, but I think Foster is the better back. And that is in no way detracting from MJD.

FuriousGravy
06-29-2012, 05:30 PM
I found it strange that Mario Williams was not even in the Top 100. Anti-Bills bias? :)

HJam72
06-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Mario is a top 15 player in terms of ability and potential....and would make this list a joke if he did make it.

MJD deserves to be in this list. Where, exactly, I don't know, but he deserves to be there.

Tell ya who should be more highly rated is our stud CB that helped fix one of the all-time worst pass D's in NFL history. I didn't look close enough to see if they underrated him specifically or just DBs in general, but he should be higher.

eriadoc
06-29-2012, 11:35 PM
Tell ya who should be more highly rated is our stud CB that helped fix one of the all-time worst pass D's in NFL history. I didn't look close enough to see if they underrated him specifically or just DBs in general, but he should be higher.

Definitely agree with that. I think JJo gets shorted on credit even among us Texans fans. I honestly think there's a solid argument that he was our best defensive player last year, but mostly what you hear around these parts is Cushing or Watt (not that they're a bad choice).

Thorn
06-30-2012, 03:05 PM
Have they done the top ten yet? The last post from 11 and backwards is over a week old.

Texecutioner
06-30-2012, 05:02 PM
Definitely agree with that. I think JJo gets shorted on credit even among us Texans fans. I honestly think there's a solid argument that he was our best defensive player last year, but mostly what you hear around these parts is Cushing or Watt (not that they're a bad choice).

I definitely think he was the best player on our defense last season. Either him or Cushing.

Ryan
06-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Have they done the top ten yet? The last post from 11 and backwards is over a week old.

Yeah they did it. I know 1-4 were Rodgers, Brees, Megatron, and Brady. But after that i don't remember.

ChampionTexan
06-30-2012, 06:12 PM

Yeah they did it. I know 1-4 were Rodgers, Brees, Megatron, and Brady. But after that i don't remember.

Top 10 NFL players of 2012:
1 Rodgers, Aaron QB Packers
2 Brees, Drew QB Saints
3 Johnson, Calvin WR Lions
4 Tom Brady QB Patriots
5 Revis, Darrelle CB Jets
6 Ware, DeMarcus DE Cowboys
7 Fitzgerald, Larry WR Cardinals
8 Peterson, Adrian RB Vikings
9 Ngata, Haloti DT Ravens
10 Willis, Patrick LB 49ers

Link to complete Top 100 (http://top100.nfl.com/tracker)

Texecutioner
06-30-2012, 11:55 PM
Top 10 NFL players of 2012:
1 Rodgers, Aaron QB Packers
2 Brees, Drew QB Saints
3 Johnson, Calvin WR Lions
4 Tom Brady QB Patriots
5 Revis, Darrelle CB Jets
6 Ware, DeMarcus DE Cowboys
7 Fitzgerald, Larry WR Cardinals
8 Peterson, Adrian RB Vikings
9 Ngata, Haloti DT Ravens
10 Willis, Patrick LB 49ers

Link to complete Top 100 (http://top100.nfl.com/tracker)

I do not see how Adrian Peterson is at #8. Brady should be above Brees in my eyes, but they are so close I have no problem with it. Peterson is damn good, but slightly overrated now days to me. I think Foster, CJ, Charles, and Ray Rice all are just as good if not more effective for their teams.