PDA

View Full Version : Texans Record vs Opponents

thunderkyss
05-08-2012, 09:10 AM
I stumbled across this site, thought it was interesting.

Texans Record vs Opponents (http://houstonsportsteams.com/texansvopp.html)

handswarmer
05-14-2012, 12:13 PM

I know that the Ravens had beaten the Texans in Houston in 2010 and then last yr but 5 times out of 5? I sowre that Houston won a few vs us.....

The Pencil Neck
05-14-2012, 12:36 PM
I know that the Ravens had beaten the Texans in Houston in 2010 and then last yr but 5 times out of 5? I sowre that Houston won a few vs us.....

Well... we're due. But no, we never have beaten you guys. Gotten close a couple of times: 16-15 in 2005, 34-28 in OT in 2010.

SheTexan
05-14-2012, 12:47 PM

Welcome to the board handswarmer!! TONS of thanks to you, and all the Raven fans who treated us so well during the playoff game in Jan. Wonderful memories of a time well spent in Baltimore, regardless of the loss. Not sure I've ever been treated better at any OOT venue. I would not hesitate to go back!

I haven't looked it up, but, I don't think we've ever beat the Ravens. 2012 is our time though, esp since you have JJ and we don't!:) I don't blame the loss entirely on JJ though, we just had to many negatives in our offense to deal with your strong D. BUT, any 12 y/o playing pop warner football would know NOT to make that play! Anyway, on to a new year and hopefully a "payback" come Oct!!

handswarmer
05-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Welcome to the board handswarmer!! TONS of thanks to you, and all the Raven fans who treated us so well during the playoff game in Jan. Wonderful memories of a time well spent in Baltimore, regardless of the loss. Not sure I've ever been treated better at any OOT venue. I would not hesitate to go back!

I haven't looked it up, but, I don't think we've ever beat the Ravens. 2012 is our time though, esp since you have JJ and we don't!:) I don't blame the loss entirely on JJ though, we just had to many negatives in our offense to deal with your strong D. BUT, any 12 y/o playing pop warner football would know NOT to make that play! Anyway, on to a new year and hopefully a "payback" come Oct!!

I am so glad you had a positive experience in Baltimore- the city takes enough hits as it is although alot are self inflicted! I used to live downtown within 5 blocks of the stadium but moved back to the hometown when I got married and had kids- still on 16 miles up I-95 though....

We should have lost that playoff game- was Jones' fault all by his lonesome though- the defense was enough to frustrate YATES or any other rookie- look what they did to Schaub in OT the year before?

Anyway, if you get up this way again, drop me a line and we'll get together. My GF is a fan also.

JCTexan
So Houston has never beaten Philadelphia, Minnesota, San Diego, Baltimore and New York (Jets). Three of those teams will be on the schedule this year. Time for some revenge.

handswarmer
Well... we're due. But no, we never have beaten you guys. Gotten close a couple of times: 16-15 in 2005, 34-28 in OT in 2010.

Should have won all those games...

Insideop
05-15-2012, 12:28 PM

Good find TK! Some good (but sobering) stats on there. Let's see, :thinking: we haven't beaten the Jets, Vikes, or Ravens yet and they're all on this years schedule. Time to start putting some W's on the ledger against these teams! :pirate:

b0ng
05-15-2012, 12:35 PM
As many games as we may have deserved to win against the Ravens, there are just as many that we deserved to lose against the Dolphins, and didn't for whatever reasons.

Sample sizes will even everything out over time.

gwallaia
05-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Now that ya'll are stuck with Jacoby Jones, we should be able to win our match-up this season.