PDA

View Full Version : Da Bears - Travel

Blake
05-07-2012, 02:48 PM
A group of us are thinking about traveling over to Chicago for the game while we are up in the area.

Anyone ever been to Soldier Stadium and "enjoyed" the bears fans?

Anyone going this year?

Any tips? :spin:

SheTexan
05-07-2012, 03:51 PM
A group of us are thinking about traveling over to Chicago for the game while we are up in the area.

Anyone ever been to Soldier Stadium and "enjoyed" the bears fans?

Anyone going this year?

Any tips? :spin:

I have a guy friend who got attacked in the bathroom and some Bears fans tried to set him on fire. I've never been there myself. Just passing the info along. I know he said he would never go back because their fans are very nasty.

Blake
05-08-2012, 12:48 PM
I have a guy friend who got attacked in the bathroom and some Bears fans tried to set him on fire. I've never been there myself. Just passing the info along. I know he said he would never go back because their fans are very nasty.

:firehair:

Are you serious?

PapaL
05-08-2012, 01:05 PM
My experience w Chicago and Bears fans has been the opposite. They have been nothing but wonderful to me. Then again, I have good friends that live there.

chicagotexan2
05-08-2012, 01:20 PM
I went to The Texans v Bears game there in 2004 or 05 I can't remember. The temp like 9 degrees. It was effing cold.

The Bears fans were just like they are on tv. Fat blowhards. One fatso said 'Nothing but queers and steers in TX.' I asked him if he was practicing his bj technique on that footlong kielbasa. I told he was right because the Texans are effing the schit out the sorry ass bears.

One threw ice at me and I went up to him and his friends to cut the schit out. They did. A fan showed up in a Packers uni and they forgot all about me and went after him big time. Unless they changed, I don't think you can tailgate. I don't think there is a parking lot next to the stadium. The Texans won. Overall we had a good time despite the miserable weather and the super long walk to the stadium.

texanmojo
05-08-2012, 01:41 PM
I had no problems when I went the last time and would go again if I could. If you have the opportunity...go.

SheTexan
05-08-2012, 04:02 PM
:firehair:

Are you serious?

VERY!! Justin is a diehard Texan fan, dresses in costume with a big red cape, mask, and red wig. He's called Papa Troll amongst Texan fans. He doesn't post on TT or I would have him verify the story.

Probaby one of those "on any given Sunday" type of things. Some fans are awesome one Sunday and jerks the next, depending on how much booze they consume, probably. All I've heard over the years about Raven fans is negative stuff, but, when we went in Jan to the playoff game, they were great. Fun teasing, etc, but nothing ugly. SOOOOO, ya never know.

Blake
05-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Looks like the trip is happening. I am checking stubhub and NFL ticket exchange by ticketmaster, and right now the tickets are extremely expensive. Cheapest set of 4 are $117 each for grandstand nose bleeds. I would rather have tickets in hand, but im going to have to wait for the prices to drop.

brakos82
05-29-2012, 05:31 PM
I was there in 09 (along with a bunch of other places), I was in the upper level and had a good time. There was a random Vikings fan in the next section over (it wasn't even a Vikings game!) and he got heckled a bit, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Wasn't a big fan of Chicago (the city) though...

Blake
05-30-2012, 09:58 AM
I was there in 09 (along with a bunch of other places), I was in the upper level and had a good time. There was a random Vikings fan in the next section over (it wasn't even a Vikings game!) and he got heckled a bit, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Wasn't a big fan of Chicago (the city) though...

lol, yeah I am hoping that some Viking or Packers fan shows up near us. We only plan on being in Chicago the 1 day. Taking the Amtrak down from Detroit that morning. Enjoy some deep dish pizza somewhere that night, and gone the next morning back to Texas.

Who has the best Chicago Style Pizza?

texanmojo
05-30-2012, 11:31 PM
lol, yeah I am hoping that some Viking or Packers fan shows up near us. We only plan on being in Chicago the 1 day. Taking the Amtrak down from Detroit that morning. Enjoy some deep dish pizza somewhere that night, and gone the next morning back to Texas.

I like Giorodanos or Gino's east. Why only the short trip? Chicago kicks ass!

brakos82
05-30-2012, 11:49 PM
I liked Giordano's the best. And I'm a pizza snob. LOL

Blake
05-31-2012, 08:24 AM

2 for Giorodano's.

The trip is to see the Wolverines at the big house the day before vs Northwestern. Ive never been. Then I realized that the Texans will be in Chicago , 4 hours away, the following night for Sunday Night Football. Yeeehaw.

Blake
05-31-2012, 08:30 AM

2 for Giorodano's.

The trip is to see the Wolverines at the big house the day before vs Northwestern. Ive never been. Then I realized that the Texans will be in Chicago , 4 hours away, the following night for Sunday Night Football. Yeeehaw.

Blake
06-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Individual tickets wont go on sale until late July/Early August. If we get enough interest we can discuss contacting the bears about group seating/pricing.

itsdotcom
06-16-2012, 03:15 PM
I'm booked, looking for 4 tickets

texan0305
06-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Yup I'll be there, I have some buddys that live in Chi-town so it should be a fun trip. I can't wait for the road trips this year, last year I was only able to go to the Saints game but this year I think I'll be able to go to a few more and Chicago is on the short list.

SuperRY
06-18-2012, 03:48 PM
I'm also all booked up. I have 4 going and need 4 tickets.

texan0305
06-27-2012, 10:48 PM
I'm also all booked up. I have 4 going and need 4 tickets.

check out www.seatgeek.com someone on the forum mentioned it in a thread and it seems to be legit

Farough
06-28-2012, 01:35 AM
check out www.seatgeek.com someone on the forum mentioned it in a thread and it seems to be legit

Yeah, its legit. I posted it in another thread, I think it was the Lions game. I've used to for those tickets and a couple other concert tickets. Just nice to be able to compare different sites at the same time.

HoustonFrog
06-28-2012, 10:29 AM
Have fun!!We love living here now. One of the best cities in the world. Hands down. Our first 3 months here we lived across Michigan Ave from Giordonos at Michigan and Lake and ate there often, though not the Chicago style everytime..regular crust.

texan0305
06-28-2012, 08:35 PM
My mouth is watering for some Gibsons......

tyrrell_henley
07-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Wife and I just booked round trip flights - leaving Saturday, coming back Monday for 25,000 miles round trip per flight. Now gotta start working on game tickets. Anybody else going?

texan0305
07-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Wife and I just booked round trip flights - leaving Saturday, coming back Monday for 25,000 miles round trip per flight. Now gotta start working on game tickets. Anybody else going?

Yup, I'll be there in full force!

tyrrell_henley
07-09-2012, 10:51 AM
Booked Hotel Indigo, very reasonable, good reviews, and in good proximity to everything.

Go Texans.

Blake
07-11-2012, 03:25 PM
For those still in need of tickets. I plan on getting mine Friday. I would like to be around other Texans fans. Not sure how hard that will be. But it would be nice to attempt. Anyone have a suggestion on section location?

http://www.chicagobears.com/tickets/IndividualGameTickets.asp

NDIVIDUAL GAME TICKETS
Individual game tickets for the Chicago Bears 2012 season at Soldier Field will go on sale Friday, July 13, 2012 at 11:00 am (CT). Tickets can be purchased by calling Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000 (1-800-943-4327 for the hearing impared) or online at www.ticketmaster.com.
For the 2012 season, available tickets will be priced at $76.00 to $385.00 for preseason games, and $101.00 to $410.00 for regular season games. For regular season games, there will be a limit of four (4) tickets per customer per game. For preseason games, there will not be a limit on how many tickets may be purchased. In addition to the ten home games, customers will also have the option to purchase a 2-game package which will include United Club seats for the December 16 Green Bay Packers game, and United Club seats for the August 9 Broncos preseason game. There is a limit of four tickets per customer per package. Group ticket packages are not available for Bears games. Multiple ticket orders containing the same customer name, address, and/or credit card number that exceed the ticket limit may be cancelled without notice.
Wheelchair seating is available for each home game through Ticketmaster. Should the wheelchair seating allocation through Ticketmaster become exhausted, fans with disabilities are encouraged to proceed with the purchase of conventional seating - if available - then call the Bears ticket office at 847-615-BEAR (2327) to arrange an exchange.

NFL TICKET EXCHANGE: BUY AND SELL BEARS TICKETS
You can also buy and sell Bears tickets with NFL Ticket Exchange at NFL.com powered by Ticketmaster! Buy great tickets direct from season ticket holders and other fans or sell tickets you can't use! For more details, visit the NFL Ticket Exchange at NFL.com/TicketExchange.

disaacks3
07-12-2012, 11:01 AM
For those still in need of tickets. I plan on getting mine Friday. I would like to be around other Texans fans. Not sure how hard that will be. But it would be nice to attempt. Anyone have a suggestion on section location?

http://www.chicagobears.com/tickets/IndividualGameTickets.asp I can afford to buy until next Friday, but this is the game I marked on the calendar when the schedule came out. I'm still trying to find a ticket near the Texans tunnel.

Blake
07-13-2012, 11:29 AM
I can afford to buy until next Friday, but this is the game I marked on the calendar when the schedule came out. I'm still trying to find a ticket near the Texans tunnel.

Tickets go on sale in 35 minutes. What section is that? 119? 117?

I would like to get tickets in the bottom rows 200's. But the bottom of the bowl doesnt seem much more expensive. An extra $15 a ticket.

disaacks3
07-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Tickets go on sale in 35 minutes. What section is that? 119? 117?

I would like to get tickets in the bottom rows 200's. But the bottom of the bowl doesnt seem much more expensive. An extra $15 a ticket. 101-155 bracket it, 256 is on top of it.

Ticketmaster is up now...3 min waiting time. Edit, just jumped to 11 min.

Got mine! Section 111 -$173 w/ fees.

Blake
07-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Sweet! What Row?

texancpa
07-14-2012, 11:12 AM
Got my tickets yesterday. Section 154. Already booked my flight, now all I need to do is book my room. Any recommendations on a good hotel?

BigTyke
07-14-2012, 05:19 PM
I have been to several games at soldier field including the 04' Texans game where I was decked out in my Texans gear and we stuck it to them. I was with some of my family from Chicago and did the whole experience including tailgate without insident. I am going this year with a couple of buddies and will represent our boys with pride once again! Considering we knocked Da Bears out of playoff hopes 2010, feelings may have changed... In doubt, just dog on the Pack and you'll be fine!

Anyone making the trip in November let me know! We will be in Section 136 Row 10 behind Da Bears and in their ear the whole game!

(1st post)

Blake
07-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Do you think the Texans will be able to sell me tickets to the bears game? I would rather buy in a section that is going to have other Texans fans with the Fan Travel program. And on craigslist and everywhere they want an arm and a leg for a ticket.

The Pencil Neck
07-24-2012, 11:36 AM
My wife and I will be at the game in Section 110, row 8. We're taking a couple of friends of ours who live in Chicago and are Bears fans.

SuperRY
07-24-2012, 11:44 AM
We're traveling to Chicago for the game. I wasn't able to get any tickets from Ticketmaster. I was online right when they went on sale but had no luck.

If anybody has extras, I need 4 together.

Thanks!

The Pencil Neck
07-24-2012, 11:51 AM
We're traveling to Chicago for the game. I wasn't able to get any tickets from Ticketmaster. I was online right when they went on sale but had no luck.

If anybody has extras, I need 4 together.

Thanks!

We got ours on StubHub.

disaacks3
07-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Do you think the Texans will be able to sell me tickets to the bears game? No
I would rather buy in a section that is going to have other Texans fans with the Fan Travel program. From our FB travel group, we've got at least two in 111, PN will be in 110, and lots in the uppers.
And on craigslist and everywhere they want an arm and a leg for a ticket. Yep, I was very lucky to get one when they released the single-game ones.

My wife and I will be at the game in Section 110, row 8. We're taking a couple of friends of ours who live in Chicago and are Bears fans. Cool, I'll be one over and a bit higher up (Row 19). May have to stop by and say hi. Working on a tailgate to crash when the group gets there.

Blake
07-24-2012, 12:30 PM
Do you think the Texans will be able to sell me tickets to the bears game?

Thats a big NO. Fan Travel does not split up packages.

Blake
07-27-2012, 03:12 PM
Still no luck on tickets. These Bear fans think mighty highly of their tickets and their value.

disaacks3
07-27-2012, 04:14 PM
Still no luck on tickets. These Bear fans think mighty highly of their tickets and their value.

...and they jack up their hotel rates for gamedays as well. I'd never seen listings (per day) that started out with 4's, 5s & 6s.

Lauren
07-27-2012, 07:39 PM
Pizza: Lou Malnati's
Italian Beef: Portillo's
Hole in the wall bar: Ravens on Clark Street

Have fun!

PapaL
07-28-2012, 09:25 PM
When in Chicago, you gotta go to The Tilted Kilt; http://www.tiltedkilt.com/

disaacks3
07-31-2012, 05:36 PM
Pizza: Lou Malnati's
Italian Beef: Portillo's
Hole in the wall bar: Ravens on Clark Street

Have fun!

Won't be in town that long, but will try to hit some of these. Got my ticket to the game in the mail yesterday!

infantrycak
08-01-2012, 10:52 PM

They put a couple of those in Houston and they went out of business. Just an updated spin on Hooters still serving Aramark food.

Blake
09-11-2012, 09:35 PM
There is also a couple in San Antonio.

Still working on getting tickets for me and my wife... trying to avoid some of the price gouging going on out there....

Blake
10-01-2012, 04:28 PM
So I have cash burning a hole in my pocket, but I cant find the Bears tickets I want at a reasonable price. NFL ticket exchange and stub-hub, even ebay are outrageous. Looks like I wont be in between the 20's. Corner section is in my future...

I just hope I dont get my ass kicked while there. haha!

disaacks3
10-01-2012, 04:43 PM
So I have cash burning a hole in my pocket, but I cant find the Bears tickets I want at a reasonable price. NFL ticket exchange and stub-hub, even ebay are outrageous. Looks like I wont be in between the 20's. Corner section is in my future...

I just hope I dont get my ass kicked while there. haha!

I'm planning on full gear and possibly face-paint for the occasion. If I survived Philly, I'll survive Chicago. :doot:

SheTexan
10-01-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm planning on full gear and possibly face-paint for the occasion. If I survived Philly, I'll survive Chicago. :doot:

Might wanna talk to Justin before you do the full gear thang! I think it was the fans in Chicago who gave him a REAL bad time.

SuperRY
10-25-2012, 12:07 PM
We're going to be TAILGATING in the Green Lot. It cost $35

Here is the link to buy prepaid parking:

http://soldierfield.clickandpark.com/apps/events

euro-Texan
10-25-2012, 10:26 PM
I'll be there. I don't have tickets yet, but our friends who we ate visiting are on the hunt.

TejasTom
10-26-2012, 11:04 PM
Air and hotel booked.

Haven't bought tickets yet. Anybody sitting club level?

ItsMyFault
10-28-2012, 11:06 AM
The fans here are pretty fiery. I can't say they're worse than Philly from what I've seen, but they're really passionate.

Lou Malnati's.

disaacks3
10-28-2012, 12:20 PM
The fans here are pretty fiery. I can't say they're worse than Philly from what I've seen, but they're really passionate.

Lou Malnati's.

Yep, Philly was a whole new level of "unfriendly". I enjoyed it though. Being a hated visiting fan is something to be embraced at times.

BigTyke
11-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Flight booked & ticket in hand! Section 136 Row 10 Seat 8 in full gear for sure!!! Would like to meet up and hang out and tailgate.... Get with me! WE ARE TEXANS!!!

texancpa
11-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Flight booked & ticket in hand! Section 136 Row 10 Seat 8 in full gear for sure!!! Would like to meet up and hang out and tailgate.... Get with me! WE ARE TEXANS!!!
I'll be in section 154 Row 7. I'm flying into Chicago Friday morning. There's a gathering for Texans fans Saturday night and Sunday morning. A lot of us (20+) are going to a tailgate hosted by Bears fans (they welcome visting fans). Check out their website:

http://www.forkyoutailgatingclub.com/

BigTyke
11-05-2012, 08:05 PM
I'll be in section 154 Row 7. I'm flying into Chicago Friday morning. There's a gathering for Texans fans Saturday night and Sunday morning. A lot of us (20+) are going to a tailgate hosted by Bears fans (they welcome visting fans). Check out their website:

Thanks for sharing! Just might have sign up for this!

brun861
11-08-2012, 09:54 AM

just sent the guy an email. If all goes well, we have a group of about 20 that would like to do this as well. Thanks for the info.