PDA

View Full Version : Texans Talk UDFA Game

rmartin65
04-29-2012, 08:35 PM
Okay, so the Texans were very active in signing UDFAs, and it seems like a bunch of us are getting excited over a lot of these guys. It is now time to put your money where your mouth is- who will make the roster? Pick your top 5 guys who you think have a chance to stick. If your first player makes it, you get 10 points. If your second guy makes it, 9 points, and so on. If your guy makes the practice squad, you receive half the points, i.e if your first guy makes the practice squad you get 5 points (10/2=5), if your second guy makes it you get 4.5 (9/2=4.5) and so on.

Here is the list of UDFA pickups per NEPatriotsdraft.com
Desmond Marrow, FS, Toledo
Jerrell Jackson, SAF, Missouri
Shawn Loiseau, LB, Merrimack
DJ Bryant, DE, James Madison
Case Keenum, QB, Houston
Logan Brock, TE, TCU
Mario Louis, WR, Grambling St
Nate Menkin, OT, Mary Hardin-Baylor
Davin Meggett, RB, Maryland
Cody White, OT, Illinois St
Jason Ford, RB, Illinois
Loni Fangupo, DT, BYU
Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina
Eddie Pleasant, S, Oregon
Delano Johnson, DE/OLB, Bowie State
David Hunter, DT, Houston
Tracy Robertson, DT, Baylor
Johnathan Grimes, RB, William and Mary
Greg Williams, LB, Pitt
Rennie Moore, DT Clemson
Phillip Supernaw, Ouchita Baptist, TE

And my list:

1) Davin Meggett, RB, Maryland, 5’8” 211 lbs
I don’t see how this kid went undrafted, but we are a very lucky team. Meggett is a strongly built north/south runner whose playing style reminds me a lot of Arian Foster. As an added bonus, Meggett logged only 485 (for 2,411 yards (5 ypc) and 18 TDs) carries over his four years, which means he will have a lot of tread left on his tires.

2) Hebron Fangupo, NT, BYU, 6’1” 323 lbs
Fangupo is a big, powerful NT in the mold of a traditional 3-4 nose. He is strong as an ox, but limited in terms of quickness and lateral agility. He is also older than the average prospect (although not Weeden old) due to a broken fibula suffered while playing for USC, going on a 2 year mission trip, and transferring to BYU. He is a type of player that the Texans do not already have on the roster, and is thus an interesting player to watch in camp.

3) Shawn Loiseau, ILB, Merrimack, 6’1” 244 lbs
Loiseau is a throwback style ILB, a real thumper down around the line of scrimmage but limited in pass coverage. However, he is a hard worker both on the field and in the weight room, and should find a way to make this team on special teams.

4) Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina, 6’3” 230 lbs
A big receiver with an abundance of natural physical gifts, Jones can simply be described as a knucklehead. Whether it was posting flyers for a club or running the wrong route and half-assing it at the combine, Jones’ maturity must be called into question considering that the 6 or so months prior to the draft were some of the most important months of his young life. However, he is a big bodied can that can move well, and make some truly incredible catches. His familiarity with the system and QB TJ Yates will help him look good in camps and the pre-season, and I think he sneaks his way onto either the roster or the practice squad.

5) Case Keenum, QB, Houston, 6’1” 208 lbs
There are a couple players that I was trying to decide between, but Keenum has the advantage of being the only QB brought in at a position where we only have 2 players on the roster, one of whom is coming off a serious injury. I doubt Keenum’s ability to ever be more than a 3rd QB. Keenum is a student of the game with undersold athleticism, but his lack of size and pro arm will ultimately put a cap on his NFL potential.

Who do you got?

Lucky
04-29-2012, 08:48 PM
Who do you got?
First, I think you copied off my list. Second, I don't think you should get any points for Case after saying all those bad thing about him. Third, I'm going to beat you, anyway.

1) Case Keenum - Because Gary likes him. Nuff said.
2) Dwight Jones - Because he's the best player the Texans signed after the draft.
3) Loni Fangupo - Because it's fun to say his name.
4) Logan Brock - Because he's a TE. Duh.
5) Phillip Supernaw - Because I know somebody who knows his mother.

TexCanada
04-29-2012, 08:54 PM
1) Shawn Loiseua
2) Case Keenum
3) Eddie Pleasant
4) Jonathan Grimes
5) Loni Fangupo

JCTexan
04-29-2012, 08:57 PM
1( Jason Ford, FB, Illinois
2( Jonathan Grimes, RB, William and Mary
3( Dwight Jones, WR, UNC
4( Logan Brock, TE, TCU
5( Case Keenum, QB, Houston (Think he will make PS)

texanchris
04-29-2012, 08:57 PM
1. Case Keenum
2.shawn Loiseua
3. Davin Meggett
4.Loni Fangupo
5. Dwight Jones

EllisUnit
04-29-2012, 09:02 PM
Jason Ford
Keenum
Dwight Jones
Shawn

thats the only ones from here i see making the roster

badboy
04-29-2012, 09:05 PM
Okay, so the Texans were very active in signing UDFAs, and it seems like a bunch of us are getting excited over a lot of these guys. It is now time to put your money where your mouth is- who will make the roster? Pick your top 5 guys who you think have a chance to stick. If your first player makes it, you get 10 points. If your second guy makes it, 9 points, and so on. If your guy makes the practice squad, you receive half the points, i.e if your first guy makes the practice squad you get 5 points (10/2=5), if your second guy makes it you get 4.5 (9/2=4.5) and so on.

Here is the list of UDFA pickups per NEPatriotsdraft.com
Desmond Marrow, FS, Toledo
Jerrell Jackson, SAF, Missouri
Shawn Loiseau, LB, Merrimack
DJ Bryant, DE, James Madison
Case Keenum, QB, Houston
Logan Brock, TE, TCU
Mario Louis, WR, Grambling St
Nate Menkin, OT, Mary Hardin-Baylor
Davin Meggett, RB, Maryland
Cody White, OT, Illinois St
Jason Ford, RB, Illinois
Loni Fangupo, DT, BYU
Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina
Eddie Pleasant, S, Oregon
Delano Johnson, DE/OLB, Bowie State
David Hunter, DT, Houston
Tracy Robertson, DT, Baylor
Johnathan Grimes, RB, William and Mary
Greg Williams, LB, Pitt
Rennie Moore, DT Clemson
Phillip Supernaw, Ouchita Baptist, TE

And my list:

1) Davin Meggett, RB, Maryland, 5’8” 211 lbs
I don’t see how this kid went undrafted, but we are a very lucky team. Meggett is a strongly built north/south runner whose playing style reminds me a lot of Arian Foster. As an added bonus, Meggett logged only 485 (for 2,411 yards (5 ypc) and 18 TDs) carries over his four years, which means he will have a lot of tread left on his tires.

2) Hebron Fangupo, NT, BYU, 6’1” 323 lbs
Fangupo is a big, powerful NT in the mold of a traditional 3-4 nose. He is strong as an ox, but limited in terms of quickness and lateral agility. He is also older than the average prospect (although not Weeden old) due to a broken fibula suffered while playing for USC, going on a 2 year mission trip, and transferring to BYU. He is a type of player that the Texans do not already have on the roster, and is thus an interesting player to watch in camp.

3) Shawn Loiseau, ILB, Merrimack, 6’1” 244 lbs
Loiseau is a throwback style ILB, a real thumper down around the line of scrimmage but limited in pass coverage. However, he is a hard worker both on the field and in the weight room, and should find a way to make this team on special teams.

4) Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina, 6’3” 230 lbs
A big receiver with an abundance of natural physical gifts, Jones can simply be described as a knucklehead. Whether it was posting flyers for a club or running the wrong route and half-assing it at the combine, Jones’ maturity must be called into question considering that the 6 or so months prior to the draft were some of the most important months of his young life. However, he is a big bodied can that can move well, and make some truly incredible catches. His familiarity with the system and QB TJ Yates will help him look good in camps and the pre-season, and I think he sneaks his way onto either the roster or the practice squad.

5) Case Keenum, QB, Houston, 6’1” 208 lbs
There are a couple players that I was trying to decide between, but Keenum has the advantage of being the only QB brought in at a position where we only have 2 players on the roster, one of whom is coming off a serious injury. I doubt Keenum’s ability to ever be more than a 3rd QB. Keenum is a student of the game with undersold athleticism, but his lack of size and pro arm will ultimately put a cap on his NFL potential.

Who do you got?Dang 65, you reading my mind? I like Meggett but he is the one I'd have as least likely to be on roster as I think he will be on PS and signed by someone else during season.

The Pencil Neck
04-29-2012, 10:04 PM
1. Case Keenum
2. Dwight Jones
3. Shawn Loiseau
4. Logan Brock
5. Phillip Supernaw

drs23
04-29-2012, 10:36 PM
OK, I'll play. Sounds like fun. :)

1) Case Keenum, QB, Houston

I think is a cinch simply because Gary likes to carry 3 QBs and Keenum appears to have the ability to pick up the playbook quickly and thrive in this offense. Though I've not been able to see any of his games I trust what alot of the folks here that have, have to say about him. All this and the fact that he really impressed Gruden on the ESPN clip that TimeKiller posted.

2) Jason Ford, RB, Illinois

We need a fullback and this cat just looks built for the role. Though he carried the ball mainly, doesn't mind blocking is said to have soft hands for catching passes out of the backfield. This looks like he was chiseled out of granite.

3) Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina

Though described as "cocky" in his radio interview, I didn't see it that way. I would say he came across to me as being secure in his abilities. Of course there's a reason someone with a 2nd round grade becomes an UDFA. If he can get into camp and see how real Pros conduct themselves he could very well turn it around. If not, he's costing me points! :mad:

4) Shawn Loiseau, LB, Merrimack

A hustler who goes to the whistle on every play and is very coachable. Got in a little trouble but when one looks into it can draw the conclusion that he got a bad rap. Believe me when I tell you the cops ain't always right and they don't always tell the truth. The thing that sends it home for me is: How can you miss on a guy that pummels a tractor tire with a sledge hammer for a workout. Very Cushesque. :kingkong:

5) Hebron Fangupo, NT, BYU, 6’1” 323 lbs*

A mauler in the middle that many have screamed for in the past. Though Wade is using a 1-gap penetrator now, consistent with what he said when he first signed on, he'll use what he's got and put them in the best position to succeed. If Wade likes what he see's ladies and gentlemen, we have a mauler in the middle.

*Note: Just an aside that in LZ posted in another thread:

Round 6 (pick 195) — Nick Mondek, OT, Purdue
Z-Report Top 200: —
Z-Report Says: I could sit here and try and make something up for you about Mondek, but I didn’t even have a scouting report on him. I didn’t watch Purdue much during the draft process…. just their opponents. My Big-10 scout friend gave me some interesting info on Mondek though:

“Lance, he came over from the defensive side of the ball because I think the offense at Purdue was trying to find a way to get his size and athleticism on the field. He can run and jump and gets you excited from the standpoint of his physical tools. I’m sure the Texans look at him as a project who they are taking a late round shot with just in case something clicks, but I don’t think he can cut it on that side of the ball. But I would suggest to Wade Phillips that before they let that joker go, he might want to take a look at him as a 0-technique defensive tackle because I think he’s got a shot down the road at that position.”

TimeKiller
04-30-2012, 07:34 AM

2) Jason Ford, RB, Illinois

3) Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina

4) Shawn Loiseau, LB, Merrimack

5) Hebron Fangupo, NT, BYU

Nice list.

x2

steelbtexan
04-30-2012, 08:04 AM
1. Fangupo
2. Ford
3. Keenum
4. Loiseau
5. Meggett

JGarza #70
04-30-2012, 09:03 AM
1. Case keenum
2.shawn loiseua
3. Davin meggett
4.loni fangupo
5. Dwight jones

i like this list as well

Rey
04-30-2012, 09:40 AM
1) Case Keenum
2) Hebron Fangupo
3) Dwight Jones
4) Desmond Marrow
5) Jonathan Grimes

I think a few more guys have a chance of making it like Logan Brock, Loiseau and Ford.

cuppacoffee
04-30-2012, 11:00 AM
1) Eddie Pleasant

Very versitile player.

Another loosening of teams choir boy rule.

Probably only one to make the 53 man roster.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=71363&draftyear=2012&genpos=SS

2) Shawn Loiseau

3) Jason Ford

4) Hebron Fangupo

5) Case Keenum

:coffee:

False Start
04-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Jason Ford
Keenum
Dwight Jones
Shawn

thats the only ones from here i see making the roster

Hes already claimed he's going to be the next Andre (http://houston.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.podtrac.com%2Fpts%2F redirect.mp3%2Fnyc.podcast.play.it%2Fmedia%2Fd0%2F d0%2Fd1%2Fd0%2FdE%2Fd8%2Fd2%2F10E82_3.MP3&podcast_name=Dwight+Jones+interview&podcast_artist=Fred+Davis+and+Dan+Mathews&station_id=63&audio_link=true&config_file=config.xml&dcid=CBS.HOUSTON).

I like this guy's confidence.

TejasTom
04-30-2012, 01:37 PM
I hope the Texans have all UDFA sit in class with Professor Foster for a PhD level lecture on making it big in the NFL.

Dutchrudder
04-30-2012, 01:49 PM
2) Hebron Fangupo, NT, BYU
3) Johnathan Grimes, RB, William and Mary
4) Jason Ford, FB, Illinois
5) Phillip Supernaw, Ouchita Baptist, TE

Seńor Stan
04-30-2012, 01:55 PM
Hes already claimed he's going to be the next Andre (http://houston.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.podtrac.com%2Fpts%2F redirect.mp3%2Fnyc.podcast.play.it%2Fmedia%2Fd0%2F d0%2Fd1%2Fd0%2FdE%2Fd8%2Fd2%2F10E82_3.MP3&podcast_name=Dwight+Jones+interview&podcast_artist=Fred+Davis+and+Dan+Mathews&station_id=63&audio_link=true&config_file=config.xml&dcid=CBS.HOUSTON).

I like this guy's confidence.

Andre Davis was a good role player for a couple years. Took a few kickoffs to the house...

srrono
04-30-2012, 02:24 PM
1. Hebron “Loni” Fangupo, NT, BYU
2. Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina
3. Case Keenum, QB, Houston
4. Eddie Pleasant, S, Oregon
5. Shawn Loiseau, LB, Merrimack

Playoffs
04-30-2012, 02:24 PM
Fangupo
Fangupo
Fangupo
Fangupo
Fangupo

speedfreek
04-30-2012, 02:29 PM
Someone must really like saying that name...

I think I ordered a bowl of that at a thai restaurant once.. :)

TJ

Fangupo
Fangupo
Fangupo
Fangupo
Fangupo

ColdTexan17
04-30-2012, 02:53 PM
1)Eddie Pleasant, S, Oregon...makes 53
Loni Fangupo, DT, BYU....makes 53
Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina...gets cut
Case Keenum, QB, Houston...ps
Davin Meggett, RB, Maryland...ps

BattleRedRock
04-30-2012, 03:08 PM
Fangupo
Fangupo
Fangupo
Fangupo
Fangupo

I was thinking that but about the Shawn Loiseau kid from Merrimack, Barry Warner was talking about this kid saying He got into a fight defending his dad right out of high school and he beat the guy up they gave him a felony over it so his D1 scholarships were revoked and he ended up at that school, if not for that he prolly woulda been a rd 2 or 3 pick, he mentioned he was a gym rat and that he knocks players around. kid said he models himself after Cushing.. so i looked him up, and sure enough, kid does look like a beast. like he didnt belong in a D2 school. hes got a pretty good nose for the ball, tackles really good decent technique, good size good speed. and he does train hard.. I think he makes the roster based on special team needs.

Errant Hothy
05-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Jason Ford - makes the 53 as the FB
Eddie Pleasant - takes Keo's roster spot
Loni Fangupoe - PS
Case Keenum - PS, I'd have said he makes the 53 if Knapp was still here
Shawn Loiseau - PS

Dutchrudder
05-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Just an FYI, here is the list of UDFAs we picked up after the draft last year:

Texans
Bubba Bartlett (TE/FB, Carroll College)
Jeff Maehl (WR, Oregon)
Zac Pauga (FB, Colorado State)
Pete Hendrickson (OT, Tulane)
Lestar Jean (WR, Florida Atlantic)
Zane Parr (DE, Virginia)
Terrance Tolliver (WR, LSU)
Bryan Braman (LB, West Texas A&M)
Adrian Taylor (DL, Oklahoma)
Jason Teague (CB, TCU)
Steven Friday (LB, Virginia Tech)
John Graves (DE, Virginia Tech)
Maurice Rolle (S, Louisiana-Lafayette)
Brett Hartmann (P, Central Michigan)
Mister Alexander (LB, FSU)

I know Harmann made the 53 roster, but who else did? Brahman and Alexander, or were they called up during the season after Mario's injury?

The Pencil Neck
05-02-2012, 12:37 PM

Texans
Jeff Maehl (WR, Oregon)
Zane Parr (DE, Virginia)
Jason Teague (CB, TCU)

I know Harmann made the 53 roster, but who else did? Brahman and Alexander, or were they called up during the season after Mario's injury?

Hartmann and Braman made the original 53. I think Alexander was called up after Mario's injury. Maehl was called up after Mason was released and was on the 53 for the last 3 games. Jean was put on IR but was looking like he had a chance at the 53 prior to his injury.

Rey
05-02-2012, 12:41 PM

Texans
Jeff Maehl (WR, Oregon)
Zane Parr (DE, Virginia)
Jason Teague (CB, TCU)

Braman made it right off the bat. Alexander and Mahael were called up after injuries/cuts. Alexander was with the 53-man roster for a good portion of the season though I think....

Rey
05-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Hartmann and Braman made the original 53. I think Alexander was called up after Mario's injury. Maehl was called up after Mason was released and was on the 53 for the last 3 games. Jean was put on IR but was looking like he had a chance at the 53 prior to his injury.

I think Nading was called up after Mario's injury and I think Alexander was called up after Sharpton got injured.

Porky
05-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Ok I'll play.

1) Case Keenum, QB, Houston - I think we'll carry 3 and see no reason why he won't be the 3rd. We know his limitations, but in this offense I think he can be a competent backup. You don't need a big arm in this scheme.

2) Jason Ford, RB, Illinois - Outside of our hybrid TE/FB, we have none on the roster. If they find a good vet out there, all bets are off.

3) Eddie Pleasant, S, Oregon - Keogh was not good. He is a decent ST but a zero at Safety. I think this kid has a shot at being a competent backup and gives us similar results on ST. I see him taking Keogh's spot

4) Davin Meggett, RB, Maryland - He looks like a player to me. I see no reason why he cant stick as the #3 guy...pending any other vet signing.

5) Wow. I have a list of 3 left with good shots. I'll go with Loni Fangupo, DT, BYU simply because he fills a need where we don't have anyone.

My other two are D Jones and Shawn Loseau. I think both of those guys have good shots as well, but there is more of a logjam at those spots. We don't have a big bodied run stuffer who can just be a hog in the middle. So, that breaks the tie.

Dutchrudder
05-02-2012, 12:49 PM
I think Nading was called up after Mario's injury and I think Alexander was called up after Sharpton got injured.

That sounds about right. I'm just curious, because the OP doesn't say what time frame we are using for the scoring. Only 2 guys made the 53 and a couple on PS in week 1, so the scoring would change a lot if we let it go through the whole season. I'm guessing we are going to keep it to week 1's 53 man roster and Psquad.

The Pencil Neck
05-02-2012, 01:24 PM

That sounds right.

tarheeltexan
05-03-2012, 12:24 AM
1) Case Keenum
2) Dwight Jones
3) Febron Fangupo
4) Jason Ford
5) Eddie Pleasant

BaylorTXN
05-05-2012, 01:08 AM
Fangupo
Pleasant
Supernaw
Shawn
keenum

SAMURAITEXAN
05-06-2012, 06:48 PM
1. Case Keenum
2. Dwight Jones
3. Davin Meggett
4. Jason Ford
5. Loni Fangupo

PS
Eddie Pleasant, Shawn Loiseau, Phillip Supernaw Anyone name Super should make at least PS.

Go Texans!!!

Premier
05-06-2012, 09:51 PM
outside of some special teams duties, the only player i see making a contribution this year is jason ford at fullback, mostly because of the glaring need at fullback.. i just think there are way too many unrealistic expectations going on around this forum about this group of UDFAs.. people did the same thing last year, terrance toliver and jeff maehl were going to take over for jacoby right!!? i think if one of the UDFAs has a good pre-season they can compete with keo for a spot on special teams, possibly Loiseau.. most likely a bunch of guys will go to the PS and be forgotten about.. keenum will not make the final 53...

The Pencil Neck
05-06-2012, 10:57 PM
outside of some special teams duties, the only player i see making a contribution this year is jason ford at fullback, mostly because of the glaring need at fullback.. i just think there are way too many unrealistic expectations going on around this forum about this group of UDFAs.. people did the same thing last year, terrance toliver and jeff maehl were going to take over for jacoby right!!? i think if one of the UDFAs has a good pre-season they can compete with keo for a spot on special teams, possibly Loiseau.. most likely a bunch of guys will go to the PS and be forgotten about.. keenum will not make the final 53...

Well, the game isn't about which 5 are going to get onto the 53, it's about which ones have the best chance. We're not all expecting 5 UDFAs to make the team. We're just hoping that we got some gems in the UDFAs... like a Braman last year.

I don't think any of us are realistically expecting to hit on the WR or QB version of Arian Foster in this year's WR class. But it's nice to speculate about.

TejasTom
05-06-2012, 11:50 PM

That sounds about right. I'm just curious, because the OP doesn't say what time frame we are using for the scoring. Only 2 guys made the 53 and a couple on PS in week 1, so the scoring would change a lot if we let it go through the whole season. I'm guessing we are going to keep it to week 1's 53 man roster and Psquad.

That sounds right.

Texans promote LB Alexander from practice squad (http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-promote-LB-Alexander-from-practice-squad-2247509.php)

Rey
05-07-2012, 12:14 AM

Mahael played quite a bit on special teams. He was a pretty good gunner past year.

Braman was on the roster all year. Mister Alexander was brought up after an injury and he flashed quite a bit. If he has worked hard during the off season I expect him to make the team. Hartmann was an udfa too that made the squad.

That's 4 players right there just from last years udfa's. Lestar Jean likely would have been brought up too at some point had he not been injured.

That's not even counting udfa's that have made the team from years past.

I don't think it's out of the question that 3 or 4 of these guys makes the squad. Especially since we've lost quite a few guys in fa and through cuts.

The Pencil Neck
05-07-2012, 12:45 AM
Mahael played quite a bit on special teams. He was a pretty good gunner past year.

Braman was on the roster all year. Mister Alexander was brought up after an injury and he flashed quite a bit. If he has worked hard during the off season I expect him to make the team. Hartmann was an udfa too that made the squad.

That's 4 players right there just from last years udfa's. Lestar Jean likely would have been brought up too at some point had he not been injured.

That's not even counting udfa's that have made the team from years past.

I don't think it's out of the question that 3 or 4 of these guys makes the squad. Especially since we've lost quite a few guys in fa and through cuts.

You're right. I was just thinking of UDFA's who made the Game 1 53 roster.

RT22
05-07-2012, 01:01 AM
1. Case Keenum QB
2. Dalano Johnson OLB
3. Loni Fangupo NT
4. Jason Ford RB/FB
5. Eddie Pleasant S

Dutchrudder
05-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Well, Dwight Jones just took himself out of the running, so about 70% of you are down to 4... :D

rmartin65
05-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Well, Dwight Jones just took himself out of the running, so about 70% of you are down to 4... :D

Haha, yep. A lot of time left before the season starts, I wonder what else is going to happen!

rmartin65
09-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Well, it looks like the Texans are going to sit at 7 on the PS for now. I will update this if an 8th player is signed before the season begins. Furthermore, since Dwight Jones neither made the team/PS nor was cut, I decided to just give him 1 point. I felt that was fair, since the next lowest point potential was 2.5 (5th option making the practice squad). If that is not cool with everyone, then I can remove it.

Congratulations to TexCanada, Dutchrudder, and RT22! They each totaled 12 points. I, sadly, came in last with a lowly 3.5 points. Next year will be my time! Thanks for participating, and Go Texans!

Rmartin65
1) Davin Meggett- Cut 8/27
2) Hebron Fangupo- Cut 8/31
3) Shawn Loiseau- Cut 8/31
4) Dwight Jones- Did Not Report
5) Case Keenum- Cut 8/31 PS 9/1
Points- 3.5

Lucky
1) Case Keenum- Cut 8/31 PS 9/1
2) Dwight Jones- Did Not Report
3) Hebron Fangupo- Cut 8/31
4) Logan Brock- Cut 8/31
5) Phillip Supernaw- Cut 8/31 PS 9/1
Points- 8.5

TexCanada
1) Shawn Loiseau- Cut 8/31
2) Case Keenum- Cut 8/31 PS 9/1
3) Eddie Pleasant- Cut 8/31 PS 9/1
4) Jonathan Grimes- Cut 8/31 PS 9/1
5) Hebron Fangupo- Cut 8/31
Points- 12

JCTexan
1) Jason Ford- Cut 7/26
2) Jonathan Grimes- Cut 8/31 PS 9/1
3) Dwight Jones- Did Not Report
4) Logan Brock- Cut 8/31
Points- 8

Texanchris (JGarza #70 in agreement)
2) Shawn Loiseau- Cut 8/31
3) Davin Meggett- Cut 8/27
4) Hebron Fangupo- Cut 8/31
5) Dwight Jones- Did Not Report
Points- 6

EllisUnit
1) Jason Ford- Cut 7/26
2) Case Keenum- Cut 8/31 PS 9/1
4) Shawn Loiseau- Cut 8/31
5) N/A
Points- 5.5

The Pencil Neck
3) Shawn Loiseau- Cut 8/31
4) Logan Brock- Cut 8/31
Points- 8.5

Drs23 (TimeKiller in agreement)
2) Jason Ford- Cut 7/26
Points- 6

Steelbtexan
1) Hebron Fangupo- Cut 8/31
2) Jason Ford- Cut 7/26
3) Case Keenum- Cut 8/31 PS 9/1
5) Davin Meggett- Cut 8/27
Points- 4

Rey
4) Desmond Morrow- Cut 7/26
5) Jonathan Grimes- Cut 8/31 PS 9/1
Points- 8.5

Cuppacoffee
1) Eddie Pleasant- Cut 8/31 PS 9/1
2) Shawn Loiseau- Cut 8/31
3) Jason Ford- Cut 7/26
4) Hebron Fangupo- Cut 8/31
Points- 7.5

Dutchrudder
3) Jonathan Grimes- Cut 8/31 PS 9/1
4) Jason Ford- Cut 7/26
Points- 12

Srrno
3) Case Keenum- Cut 8/31 PS 9/1
4) Eddie Pleasant- Cut 8/31 PS 9/1
5) Shawn Loiseau- Cut 8/31
Points- 8.5

Coldtexan17
1) Eddie Pleasant- Cut 8/31 PS 9/1
4) Case Keenum- Cut 8/31 PS 9/1
5) Davin Meggett- Cut 8/27
Points- 9.5

Errant Hothy
1) Jason Ford- Cut 7/26
2) Eddie Pleasant- Cut 8/31 PS 9/1
4) Case Keenum- Cut 8/31 PS 9/1
5) Shawn Loiseau- Cut 8/31
Points- 8

Porky
2) Jason Ford- Cut 7/26
3) Eddie Pleasant- Cut 8/31 PS 9/1
4) Davin Meggett- Cut 8/27
Points- 9

Tarheeltexan
4) Jason Ford- Cut 7/26
5) Eddie Pleasant- Cut 8/31 PS 9/1
Points- 8.5

BayorTXN
2) Eddie Pleasant- Cut 8/31 PS 9/1
3) Phillip Supernaw- Cut 8/31 PS 9/1
Points- 11

SamuraiTexan
3) Davin Meggett- Cut 8/27
4) Jason Ford- Cut 7/26
Points- 6

RT22
2) Delano Johnson- Cut 8/31 PS 9/1
4) Jason Ford- Cut 7/26
5) Eddie Pleasant- Cut 8/31 PS 9/1
Points- 12

Bulls on Parade
09-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Just curious, but did Dwight Jones retire from football entirely or do the Texans still own his rights if he decides to ever come back one day?

All I could find was this bit of old information online...

"After going undrafted in the 2012 NFL Draft, Jones was signed by the Houston Texans as an undrafted free agent. In May 2012, he informed the Texans of his decision to not pursue a professional football career. The team placed him on the reserve/did not report list shortly thereafter."

I only ask because I'm still trying to remain optimistic after he claimed he was the next Andre Johnson. LOL

http://blog.chron.com/fanzone/2012/04/texans-ufa-dwight-jones-says-hes-the-next-andre-johnson/

“I’m telling you right now,” Jones said. “The steal of the draft. Dwight Jones - the next Andre Johnson. You’re looking at him – 6’4″, 230 (pounds). Houston, stand up. Let’s go Texans.

“I know what I’m capable of. Turn on the film, and you’ll see a playmaker.”

But in all seriousness, I have no clue what the reserve/did not report list means and I know we're stacked at WR with Jean, Martin and Posey stepping up. But I hate to see a guy with Dwight Jones' size and speed give up the game. I think he may want to come back one day.

I'm just trying to figure out if he did come back do the Texans own his rights and can place him on their practice squad, or is he automatically a street free agent?

rmartin65
09-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Just curious, but did Dwight Jones retire from football entirely or do the Texans still own his rights if he decides to ever come back one day?

All I could find was this bit of old information online...

"After going undrafted in the 2012 NFL Draft, Jones was signed by the Houston Texans as an undrafted free agent. In May 2012, he informed the Texans of his decision to not pursue a professional football career. The team placed him on the reserve/did not report list shortly thereafter."

I only ask because I'm still trying to remain optimistic after he claimed he was the next Andre Johnson. LOL

http://blog.chron.com/fanzone/2012/04/texans-ufa-dwight-jones-says-hes-the-next-andre-johnson/

“I’m telling you right now,” Jones said. “The steal of the draft. Dwight Jones - the next Andre Johnson. You’re looking at him – 6’4″, 230 (pounds). Houston, stand up. Let’s go Texans.

“I know what I’m capable of. Turn on the film, and you’ll see a playmaker.”

But in all seriousness, I have no clue what the reserve/did not report list means and I know we're stacked at WR with Jean, Martin and Posey stepping up. But I hate to see a guy with Dwight Jones' size and speed give up the game. I think he may want to come back one day.

I'm just trying to figure out if he did come back do the Texans own his rights and can place him on their practice squad, or is he automatically a street free agent?

We own his rights until the contract he signed runs out. It was a smart decision not to release him, because should he decide to come back, we still have first dibs. And if he does not, we are not paying him anything, and he does not count against the cap.

But, as far as I know, he is done with the NFL.