PDA

View Full Version : 4th Round, Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska

TexansFanatic
04-28-2012, 01:32 PM
I like this pick. Solid performer when healthy. Could wind up being a steal.

Totally fits into the high-motor JJ Watt / Connor Barwin mold.

Dutchrudder
04-28-2012, 01:33 PM
Great pick, excellent value. Very happy with it.

rmartin65
04-28-2012, 01:33 PM
Play dropped off a bit due to injury, but the kid can play. I like it.

The Cush
04-28-2012, 01:34 PM
JJ Watt lite coming off the bench! Love this pick. Has an 83.7 grade on NFL.com and has been compared to Watt just not as good.

thunderkyss

Don't know the guy, but he looks tough, I like it.

Thorn
Jared Crick hopes to follow the newly-found tradition of the Nebraska Huskers putting elite defenders into the NFL. Crick had 18.5 sacks in his 2009 and 2010 seasons. He's been quieter this year with double-teams in his face all season, but is still considered near the Top 5 at his position.
Crick has the size to play anywhere along the defensive line in a 3-4 or 4-3 defense. He'll need to continue to add girth to his frame to quell the doubters who question his size to play defensive tackle at the next level. The problem is that undersized players must lean on athleticism or a certain explosion off the line to get penetration, yet Crick doesn't possess either. As a pass-rusher, he doesn't have an array of moves to get around the blocker.

Thankfully, Crick has a good motor and goes all out. He also does well against the run, maintaining gap integrity. Using better pad level would greatly improve his presence inside, but since he is so tall, blockers will often get under him and push him laterally to create running lanes.

OK, another high motor guy. This is most certainly a trend with Wade's picks.

gtexan02
From ESPN Insider:

Production- 1
"2007: Redshirt. 2008: (9/0) - 2 2009: (14/14) - 73-15-9.5 2010: (14/14) - 70-17-9.5 2011: (5/5) -22 -3-1 (four games at DT, one at DE)"

Height-Weight-Speed- 4
Has prototypical frame for a LDE or 5-technique in NFL. Good bulk but lacks definition. Has big hands (10 1/8') but short arms (32'). Marginal 10-split (1.79) and 40 results at combine (4.99).

Durability- 5
"Deals with knee tendinitis. In 2011, sprained MCL during spring practice but returned to play five games in fall. Did not play against Wyoming due to concussion and suffered season-ending injury (torn pectoral muscle) versus Ohio State. Did not participate in bench press at combine while still recovering from pectoral injury. Started all 28 games during 2009 and 2010 seasons. "

Intangibles- 1
Outstanding work ethic. Big 12 Commissioner's Spring Academic Honor Roll in 2010. Has been recognized for community service work. Passionate about the game and is willing to pay the price. High character.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/28040/jared-crick

amazing80

The question is, if he remains healthy HE WILL push our starters, but where do you play him? How would you set the front 3?

Crick JJ Smith

JJ Crick Smith

JJ Smith Crick

So many options, not to mention Barwin and Mercilus can put their hands in the ground and rush the passer

DX-TEX
04-28-2012, 01:35 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/MechDX/KoolWade.jpg

In Wade I trust!

beerlover
04-28-2012, 01:36 PM
Crick has first round talent as a 3-4 DE. Adds premium depth @ hard to find position. best pick of Texans 2012 draft where they selected him :)

DocBar
04-28-2012, 01:37 PM
I like this pick. I'm a bit concerned with run D with all of these high motor passrush types, but I'll trust in Wade, also.

Jackie Chiles
04-28-2012, 01:37 PM
The question is, if he remains healthy HE WILL push our starters, but where do you play him? How would you set the front 3?

Crick JJ Smith

JJ Crick Smith

JJ Smith Crick

So many options, not to mention Barwin and Mercilus can put their hands in the ground and rush the passer

Hes not starting this year, maybe down the road. Very good guy to have in the rotation though, he should compete with Jamison to be the first end off the bench. Really like this pick.

G27RR
04-28-2012, 01:38 PM
Another play-to-the-whistle, vocal leader type. He'd have gone much higher without the injury. (Missed most of last year). Good value pick.

thunderkyss
04-28-2012, 01:38 PM
Crick has the size to play anywhere along the defensive line in a 3-4 or 4-3 defense. He'll need to continue to add girth to his frame to quell the doubters who question his size to play defensive tackle at the next level.
...Wade's pick.

If we're looking at him to play NT I can understand the "need" to add girth.. but as a rotational player at DE, he looks like he's got good size.

http://www.newsnetnebraska.org/wp-content/uploads/NUFB_UT_05.jpg

http://ramblinfan.com/files/2012/02/48264101.jpg

He looks like Jj Watt

http://www.thesportsbank.net/core/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/JJ-Watt-vs.-Ohio-State.jpg

vupac1
04-28-2012, 01:40 PM
BEAST!!
hope he stays healthy

Jackie Chiles
04-28-2012, 01:41 PM
One more thing to mention with him is that people said he greatly benefited from playing next to Suh earlier in his career. I don't fully buy into that because he replicated that production without him but guess what, playing next to JJ Watt is about as good.

b0ng
04-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Heh, I asked about him yesterday. Interesting pick.

hot pickle
04-28-2012, 01:43 PM
cushing, watt, crick, mercilus

some of the sweetest names on a defence

you know your good when....

DocBar
Hes not starting this year, maybe down the road. Very good guy to have in the rotation though, he should compete with Jamison to be the first end off the bench. Really like this pick.I agree with this. It looks like the Texans are looking to groom an eventual replacement for Smith.

Rey
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoss
04-28-2012, 01:44 PM
Very good pick where we got him!

kiwitexansfan
04-28-2012, 01:45 PM
Soooo excited to have a Husker, especially this Husker on the Texans.

Your not going to find a harder worker than Crick. He is solid vs. run and pass, not an OMG rusher but he will be on assignment busting his a$$ to the whistle for four quarters.

Premier
04-28-2012, 01:45 PM
If we're looking at him to play NT I can understand the "need" to add girth.. but as a rotational player at DE, he looks like he's got good size.

He looks like Jj Watt

http://www.thesportsbank.net/core/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/JJ-Watt-vs.-Ohio-State.jpg

perhaps its the uni..

Corrosion
04-28-2012, 01:47 PM
Prior to tearing a pec muscle .... was graded as a second round pick. Steal in the 4th.

kiwitexansfan
04-28-2012, 01:48 PM
He looks like Jj Watt

All white guys look the same.

DocBar
04-28-2012, 01:50 PM
All white guys look the same.Racist.

The Cush
04-28-2012, 01:50 PM
I can already envision the ESPN the Mag article on how dominant our defense is with a picture of all the front 7 guys wearing blue collars and holding lunch pales. They are slowly all starting to be cut from the same mold, high motor/hard workers.

CloakNNNdagger
04-28-2012, 01:53 PM

He looks like Jj Watt

It would hard to understand why they would consider him at NT with his innate problem with double teams, and universally reported lack of athleticism even at a lighter weight.

phantom17
04-28-2012, 01:53 PM
cushing, watt, crick, mercilus

some of the sweetest names on a defence

you know your good when....

Love the Crick pick! Good value at the 4th rd! Thanks Wade! I'm not concerned about the injuries, & I'm sure the Texans are aware of them. He probably goes all out with his high motor to cause some of those injuries. I also like the fact that he can batt the ball at times.:):bravo:

Yankee_In_TX
04-28-2012, 01:54 PM
Holy crap!!! Holy crap!!! Holy crap!!! Holy crap!!! Holy crap!!!

I was mad when we grabbed the receiver and Crick was on the board.

Thank the injury gods for this guy. As long as he is healed he helped make Suh Suh and will be J.J. Watt part 2.

I am freakin' excited for our defense even more now. This draft was perfect for defense!

bckey
04-28-2012, 01:55 PM
Awesome pick this late in the 4th. The Texans defense is gonna be a fearsome bunch! Welcome aboard Crick!

LikeMike
04-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Can he Play NT in Wades System?

Nawzer
04-28-2012, 01:57 PM
I can already envision the ESPN the Mag article on how dominant our defense is with a picture of all the front 7 guys wearing blue collars and holding lunch pales. They are slowly all starting to be cut from the same mold, high motor/hard workers.

Exactly. You have to just look back on last year and realize the impact disruptive player have (there's that word again). Even someone like me who's a novice in football technicality when compared to some of you all, I understand high motor because I've seen what it can do the opposing offense. This defense is going to like a horde of relentless zombies coming after you in waves and you only have a freaking baseball bat to fight them off. Eventually, your bat will break and you will be devoured by the horde! With the Cerberus we're building at outside linebacker (Barwin, Reed, and Mercilus), The Cush in the middle, and the Relentless Zombie Horde in the d-line we're going to be like super horror flick for the opposing offense!!! I'm a little pumped you can tell right? :fans:

TexansFanatic
04-28-2012, 01:58 PM
All white guys look the same.

Racist.

Is there another NFL team with nearly this many white guys in their front seven?

Connor Barwin
Bryan Braman
Shawn Cody
Jared Crick
Brian Cushing
Jesse Nading
Brooks Reed
JJ Watt

The Texans are racists! :kitten:

Yankee_In_TX
Exactly. You have to just look back on last year and realize the impact disruptive player have (there's that word again). Even someone like me who's a novice in football technicality when compared to some of you all, I understand high motor because I've seen what it can do the opposing offense. This defense is going to like a horde of relentless zombies coming after you in waves and you only have a freaking baseball bat to fight them off. Eventually, your bat will break and you will be devoured by the horde! With the Cerberus we're building at outside linebacker (Barwin, Reed, and Mercilus), the Cush in the middle, and the Horde in the d-line we're going to be like super horror flick for the opposing offense!!! I'm a little pumped you can tell right? :fans:

Me too! We saw the effect when players started call us 'dirty.'

ziggy29

Yep, it's pretty obvious what kind of players Wade Phillips goes for....

Fili
04-28-2012, 02:03 PM
Probably because Smith is getting older.

thunderkyss
04-28-2012, 02:04 PM
They are slowly all starting to be cut from the same mold, high motor/hard workers.
Exactly. You have to just look back on last year and realize the impact disruptive player have (there's that word again).

:fans:

I'm starting to get tired of all this "high motor" talk. I think it's becoming one of the most over-used descriptors that it's becoming cliche.

Antonio Smith is a high motor guy who we're paying $8M to this year. He's not worth $8M. I love the guy, glad he's on our team, but he doesn't finish. Mario finishes, & I'd rather have 5 finishers on the line than 5 high motor guys who don't finish.

Antonio Smith, Travis Johnson, Amobi Okoye, Jason Babin those are all high motor guys who did not finish & our defense suffered because of it.

JJ Watt, Demeco Ryans, Brian Cushing...... high motor guys who finished.

Jared Crick is a high motor guy, that's great. Let's hope he can finish in the pros like he did at the college level.

kiwitexansfan
04-28-2012, 02:04 PM
Racist.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-yl4DEUyvqdI/T4NaFxfr9CI/AAAAAAAAA54/4w9yZiROPFQ/s1600/thats-racist.gif

thunderkyss
04-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Is there another NFL team with nearly this many white guys in their front seven?

Connor Barwin
Bryan Braman
Shawn Cody
Jared Crick
Brian Cushing
Jesse Nading
Brooks Reed
JJ Watt

hmm.... :kitten:

SW H-TOWN
04-28-2012, 02:08 PM
Crick has first round talent as a 3-4 DE. Adds premium depth @ hard to find position. best pick of Texans 2012 draft where they selected him :)

Incredible pick, especially considering that we got him in the lat 4th. Mitchell probably will not be moving out to DE in the future as many of us had hoped. I think you can pencil him in at DE after Antonio Smith's time as a Texan is up.

Allstar
04-28-2012, 02:09 PM

Yep, white guys.

Thorn
04-28-2012, 02:12 PM
Yep, white guys.

:lol:

I don't care if they're purple and orange, as long as they can play football.

Marcus
04-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Wow! Nice way to ruin a thread.

Really nice. :thumbdown

Nawzer
04-28-2012, 02:13 PM
I'm starting to get tired of all this "high motor" talk. I think it's becoming one of the most over-used descriptors that it's becoming cliche.

Antonio Smith is a high motor guy who we're paying $8M to this year. He's not worth $8M. I love the guy, glad he's on our team, but he doesn't finish. Mario finishes, & I'd rather have 5 finishers on the line than 5 high motor guys who don't finish.

Antonio Smith, Travis Johnson, Amobi Okoye, Jason Babin those are all high motor guys who did not finish & our defense suffered because of it.

Jared Crick is a high motor guy, that's great. Let's hope he can finish in the pros like he did at the college level.

Finishers and high-motor guys are not mutually exclusive of one another. A player can be both of those things or you can have players who can complement each other. JJ Watt is a great example of being able to do both. How many sacks did he have that were called back? Imo finshers or getting sacks is a valuable commodity to have, but you can disrupt the offense other ways by batting down balls, hurrying the qb, hitting the qb, and blowing up the run game.

chicagotexan2
04-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Man if this guy stays healthy we're gonna have an. Outstanding d-line!!!

Wolf
04-28-2012, 02:15 PM
John McClain - Crick will play DE in 3-man front and move inside in passing situations. Missed last 7 games cause of injury. 04-28

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/18/NFL#ixzz1tMObtnx7

TexansFanatic
04-28-2012, 02:16 PM
I don't care if they're purple and orange, as long as they can play football.

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door...

As long as they can play football!!!

thunderkyss
04-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Finishers and high-motor guys are not mutually exclusive of one another. A player can be both of those things or you can have players who can complement each other. JJ Watt is a great example of being able to do both. How many sacks did he have that were called back? Imo finshers or getting sacks is a valuable commodity to have, but you can disrupt the offense other ways by batting down balls, hurrying the qb, hitting the qb, and blowing up the run game.

That's what I said, did you read the whole thing?

ThaShark316
04-28-2012, 02:21 PM
i'm starting to get tired of all this "high motor" talk. I think it's becoming one of the most over-used descriptors that it's becoming cliche.

Antonio smith is a high motor guy who we're paying $8m to this year. He's not worth $8m. I love the guy, glad he's on our team, but he doesn't finish. Mario finishes, & i'd rather have 5 finishers on the line than 5 high motor guys who don't finish.

Antonio smith, travis johnson, amobi okoye, jason babin those are all high motor guys who did not finish & our defense suffered because of it.

Jj watt, demeco ryans, brian cushing...... High motor guys who finished.

Jared crick is a high motor guy, that's great. Let's hope he can finish in the pros like he did at the college level.

tl;dr

False Start
04-28-2012, 02:22 PM
VERY happy with this pick. I was hoping the Texans would draft him. :jam: :cool:

Carr Bombed
04-28-2012, 02:23 PM

Amobi Okoye and Travis Johnson don't even know how to turn key on a motor much less possess one, they were no motor guys... It's a insult to Antonio Smith to even list his name in the same sentence as those bums. Jason Babin gets after the QB, but that's all he does... He's a situational pass rusher who starts in Philly.

I think you're extremely underselling the player that Antonio Smith is and the value that he brings this team. Houston would not be the defense that they were/are without him and finish are not finish, great defenses are built on the backs of workers/high motor guys like Crick and Smith.. not everyone can be the headline lead singer, you still need a drummer and a couple of guitar players in order to make great music.

Nawzer
04-28-2012, 02:25 PM
That's what I said, did you read the whole thing?

I wasn't disagreeing with your assessment. I agree and do hope guys like Mercilus and Crick are finishers as well.

Honoring Earl 34
04-28-2012, 02:25 PM

Connor Barwin
Bryan Braman
Shawn Cody
Jared Crick
Brian Cushing
Jesse Nading
Brooks Reed
JJ Watt

Kevin McHale says the Texans remind him of the 86 Celtics .

CloakNNNdagger
04-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Crick was reported to have suffered his pec tear in October of 2011. It was then revealed that his injury actually occurred against Washington on September 17. He sat out the Huskers' win over Wyoming. But came back to play through his tear against Wisconsin and Ohio State before the team decided to shut him down for the year and place him on the surgical schedule. Almost sounds like a familiar Texans injury approach scenario. Nevertheless, he demonstrated a never-say-die approach to the game, despite what must have been one heck of a physically painful period for him.

Since it is important for a DE/DT to use the power of their arms and hands effectively, it will be important for him to regain his upper body strength, especially if he decides to stay on the lighter side.

Although liberal mention of his pectoral and MCL injuries in 2011 has been commonly made, it should be noted that he had an elbow problem through most of the 2010 season. Hopefully, the "undersized label" does not follow him in a negative manner, where the power, strength and size of NFL OL contribute to a continued history of injuries.

Rey
04-28-2012, 02:33 PM
This is my favorite pick. Hands down. I think Crick is going to get regular playing time in his rookie year and I honestly expect him to be an impact player.

Yankee_In_TX
04-28-2012, 02:34 PM
Crick was reported to have suffered his pec tear in October of 2011. It was then revealed that his injury actually occurred against Washington on September 17. He sat out the Huskers' win over Wyoming. But came back to play through his tear against Wisconsin and Ohio State before the team decided to shut him down for the year and place him on the surgical schedule. Almost sounds like a familiar Texans injury approach scenario. Nevertheless, he demonstrated a never-say-die approach to the game, despite what must have been one heck of a physically painful period for him.

Since it is important for a DE/DT to use the power of their arms and hands effectively, it will be important for him to regain his strength, especially if he decides to stay on the lighter side.

Mention of his pectoral and MCL injuries in 2011 have been commonly quoted, it should be noted that he had an elbow problem through most of the 2010 season. Hopefully, the "undersized label" does not follow him in a negative manner, where the power, strength and size of NFL OL contribute to a continued history of injuries.

reward >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> risk, especially for our 2nd fourth rounder :)

DocBar
04-28-2012, 02:35 PM
TK, I can't believe you called Mario a finisher. :lol:
He had his moments, but I'll take the high motor/hard worker types.

Lucky
04-28-2012, 02:36 PM
This pick was certain to make a lot of people here happy. Great value pick, if he's fully recovered from injury.

Allstar
04-28-2012, 02:37 PM

actually our 3rd fourth rounder :bender:

ArlingtonTexan
04-28-2012, 02:38 PM

Which would be dumb as hell because every damn one of them a plus athlete; they don't just try harder than "other" players.

badboy
04-28-2012, 02:39 PM

Since it is important for a DE/DT to use the power of their arms and hands effectively, it will be important for him to regain his upper body strength, especially if he decides to stay on the lighter side.

Although liberal mention of his pectoral and MCL injuries in 2011 has been commonly made, it should be noted that he had an elbow problem through most of the 2010 season. Hopefully, the "undersized label" does not follow him in a negative manner, where the power, strength and size of NFL OL contribute to a continued history of injuries.Many have overlooked his injury in 2010. Another ? on player we selected. We better hope they all remain healthy & perform to the max. Other than #26, I wished I had planned weekend differently & read about these guys in the paper.

TexansFanatic
04-28-2012, 02:40 PM

Phil Garner says the Texans remind him of the 2005 Astros.

False Start
04-28-2012, 02:42 PM

Connor Barwin
Bryan Braman
Shawn Cody
Jared Crick
Brian Cushing
Jesse Nading
Brooks Reed
JJ Watt

They're pretty fly for some white guys. :bravo:

Carr Bombed
04-28-2012, 02:47 PM
Phil Garner says the Texans remind him of the 2005 Astros.

Bud Selig called and said the Texans remind him of every single team in MLB... Black guys just don't play baseball anymore.

Wolf
04-28-2012, 02:48 PM
gary bettman called and said the texans remind him of every single team in nhl... Black guys just don't play hockey. Period

fify

CloakNNNdagger
04-28-2012, 02:50 PM

This pick was certain to make a lot of people here happy. Great value pick, if he's fully recovered from injury.

One fact that I came across may help lessen some concerns about this pick.
As commonly reported, he did not participate in the bench press at the Combine. What hasn't been widely reported is that he benched 26 times at his Pro Day! Great sign of recovery!

76Texan
04-28-2012, 02:56 PM
Soooo excited to have a Husker, especially this Husker on the Texans.

Your not going to find a harder worker than Crick. He is solid vs. run and pass, not an OMG rusher but he will be on assignment busting his a$$ to the whistle for four quarters.

Solid pick.
I also like his radio interview awhile ago.

Yankee_In_TX
04-28-2012, 03:09 PM
Solid pick.
I also like his radio interview awhile ago.

...except for Warner being a creeper?

The1ApplePie
04-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Could be the best pick in the Texans draft, certainly the best value.

First round talent. If he stays healthy, he will be a great interior rusher on passing downs. Could be used like Jay Ratliff in Dallas.

Playoffs
04-28-2012, 07:10 PM
Dan Shonka ‏ @Ourlads_Shonka Reply Retweet Favorite Open
#Houston got a steal in #Crick...

Goldensilence
04-28-2012, 07:26 PM
Love this pick. Guy has 1st round talent and seemed recovered from the torn pec. This a gem considering its hard to find prototypical 3-4 DEs.

Kind of what I thought when I read what TK posted as well.

G27RR
04-28-2012, 08:16 PM
One fact that I came across may help lessen some concerns about this pick.
As commonly reported, he did not participate in the bench press at the Combine. What hasn't been widely reported is that he benched 26 times at his Pro Day! Great sign of recovery!

Awesome, thanks for posting that.

kiwitexansfan
04-29-2012, 03:19 AM
Wonder what they will do with his weight. He is a bit lighter than JJ, 280 vs. 290. Maybe he'll put that on in muscle with a pro training program.

Allstar
04-29-2012, 03:54 AM
I'm pretty pumped about the Crick and Brooks picks. It seems we got tremendous value at these spots. Reminds me a lot of what people said when we snagged Casey in the 6th a few years back and Reed in the second last year.

Texsker
04-29-2012, 06:58 AM
This is a tremendous pick-up for the Texans. You may accuse me of bias given that I'm a Nebraska-born Husker fan, but I'm very objective about Nebraska players, and on that note, here are my thoughts on Crick:

I've followed Jared since he was a junior in high school. By his sophomore season at Nebraska, playing alongside Ndamukong Suh, he had become a dominant college player, recorded 9.5 sacks and 15 TFLs that year, including a five-sack game against Baylor, in which set the NU single-game sack record.

The skeptics, at that time, were saying that Crick, though good, had benefited from playing next to Suh, yet the following year (2010), he went out and grabbed another 9.5 sacks and 17 TFLs without Suh, facing quite a few more double-teams in the process.

Crick probably could have left early after 2010 and been a high-second-round pick. He decided to come back for his senior season but was sidelined by the pec injury and out for most of the year. He wasn't himself even before that, however, as he had been playing with the injury for some time.

I've been calling Crick a "poor man's J.J. Watt" for over a year now, and that's really not a slight against Crick, as Watt is easily one of the top few 3-4 ends in the game today. Crick's not at that level yet, but he's going to make an impact for the Texans this year.

Crick's a gifted pass rusher who uses his hands well to shed blocks. He already has a great rip move, is very explosive, and has a hot motor, always playing at maximum intensity. Despite this pec injury, he really has no history of serious injury or missed games. It was just a freak thing.

Crick was not big enough to continue to be an every-down inside player in the NFL, and therefore, was best suited to a 3-4 team as a DE. I feel he'll be a very solid #2 who can rotate at DE in the base, and also slide inside as an interior nickel rusher, as the Texans have already stated.

I really believe that Texans fans are going to love Crick. He's everything J.J. Watt is from a blue-collar intensity standpoint, and he's a good kid who's never going to get into trouble. He'll be a positive presence in the locker room and always give maximum effort.

There's only one J.J. Watt, but Crick is a very fine player in his own right, and he's going to make an immediate impact. It won't surprise me if, in a year or two, fans consider Crick to be the best player the Texans drafted this year.

thunderkyss
04-29-2012, 09:55 AM
Amobi Okoye and Travis Johnson don't even know how to turn key on a motor much less possess one, they were no motor guys... It's a insult to Antonio Smith to even list his name in the same sentence as those bums. Jason Babin gets after the QB, but that's all he does... He's a situational pass rusher who starts in Philly.

I'm going to assume that when you say high motor you are referring to what you see when you see Jj Watt play. My point is that Jj Watt has a high motor, but he's got more than that going for him, which is what makes him successful; a high-motor + the ability to finish.

All the guys I mentioned were at one time or another attributed with a "high-motor" they just didn't have the ability to do anything with it. & while Jason Babin is experiencing some success now, when he was here, he played with that high-motor, but never produced any results.

I think you're extremely underselling the player that Antonio Smith is and the value that he brings this team. Houston would not be the defense that they were/are without him and finish are not finish, great defenses are built on the backs of workers/high motor guys like Crick and Smith.. not everyone can be the headline lead singer, you still need a drummer and a couple of guitar players in order to make great music.

I think you're over-valuing Antonio Smith. He's more of an enabler than a catalyst. He's not worth $8M. I guarantee you his next contract won't be close to it. Well, I'm thinking in the $4-$5M range. He's a good football player, 'bout as stupid & careless as Jacoby, he's got a high-motor, but he doesn't put it all together on a consistent enough basis. That's why you had a rookie start at a more dynamic position & Tim Jamison getting more playing time. If Crick can play like he did before he got hurt, Antonio is going to be looking for a job pretty soon.

Our team got more versatile when Brooks got into the starting line-up. He allowed our OLBs to play like OLBs, where you really can't tell which one is coming. Yes, Wade's system has a propensity to send the WOLB, but Brooks' ability to rush the passer & Barwin's abilty to drop into coverage gave the offenses something to think about.

It will be the same if Crick can be the guy he's supposed to be. If he can play the 5 & the 3 tech offenses will lose any advantage they may have gained in the past by shifting the TE before the snap.

thunderkyss
04-29-2012, 10:12 AM

Kind of what I thought when I read what TK posted as well.

That's crazy. Mario just became the highest paid defensive player in the league. Antonio Smith won't be getting offers like that, not even from the most desperate teams.

I like Jj Watt as well, but if it weren't for his health concerns, I'd take Mario over Jj Watt in a heartbeat.

Playoffs
04-29-2012, 11:32 AM
Jared Crick, DL, Nebraska (126th overall pick, Houston Texans) -- Steal of the draft, and the best mix of player and scheme on this list. Crick is a second-round prospect based on his tape, but he lost most of the 2011 season to injuries and fell under the radar. Really impressed me in 2010 when he kept his production up even after Ndamukong Suh left for the NFL and he became the primary focus of every offensive line he faced. In Wade Phillips' multiple schemes, Crick can be a 3-4 one-gap end, provide pass rush in big fronts, and even slip inside as a nose shade if Wade's feeling particularly creative.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/why-fell-draft-prospects-picked-later-expected-142543141.html

texasam82
04-29-2012, 11:43 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-yl4DEUyvqdI/T4NaFxfr9CI/AAAAAAAAA54/4w9yZiROPFQ/s1600/thats-racist.gif

Where's the Kool Aid? Duh

Rey
04-29-2012, 12:01 PM
That's crazy. Mario just became the highest paid defensive player in the league. Antonio Smith won't be getting offers like that, not even from the most desperate teams.

I like Jj Watt as well, but if it weren't for his health concerns, I'd take Mario over Jj Watt in a heartbeat.

I really like Mario as a football player, but I think at best watt and Mario are equals, at worse watt is much, much better.

Honestly, I'm leaning towards watt being the better player.

Haynesworth was given crazy money, do was Kevin Winslow. Doesn't mean they were the best their respective positions. Just because one team decided to give a guy crazy money it doesn't really mean that money matches their worth.

I wish we could have kept Mario, but not for that money.

Wolf
04-30-2012, 09:51 PM
2 minutes into to it Kollar talks a bit
Texans Daily: Final Day review (3:25)
Check out what the Texans' position coaches thought about the Saturday picks in the 2012 Draft
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/Texans-Daily-Final-Day-review/aa899277-94c5-4809-8904-da820c0b3e80

GP
04-30-2012, 10:05 PM

I needed a good laugh today. Thx.

badboy
04-30-2012, 10:13 PM
I am going to look at Crick's 2011 season off as a positive thing for Texans as less stress/blows to the body. The tear should heal and hopefully he wil be fine.

leebigeztx
04-30-2012, 10:16 PM
He's antnio smith replacement after the season. 8m for smith in a flat cap era is too much. They will work him in this yr and then cut smith at seasons end.

TexansFanatic
04-30-2012, 10:21 PM
All the guys I mentioned were at one time or another attributed with a "high-motor"

If you can find me a single quote from a reasonably reputable source (as opposed to some obscure blog) that points to Travis Johnson as a high-motor guy I will be utterly floored. That guy was considered a risky pick from day one because he was a lazy-assed player at Florida State and -- surprise surprise -- he became a lazy-assed professional.

Jackie Chiles
05-01-2012, 12:44 AM
He's antnio smith replacement after the season. 8m for smith in a flat cap era is too much. They will work him in this yr and then cut smith at seasons end.

Says the guy that wanted him cut last season. Smith will more likely be extended before cut, dude can seriously play, really have no idea what you have had against him these last few years. I'll keep a mental note of your guess and give you credit if it happens. I highly doubt it though.

Jackie Chiles
05-01-2012, 12:46 AM
2 minutes into to it Kollar talks a bit
Texans Daily: Final Day review (3:25)
Check out what the Texans' position coaches thought about the Saturday picks in the 2012 Draft
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/Texans-Daily-Final-Day-review/aa899277-94c5-4809-8904-da820c0b3e80

Gotta love that whoever was inserting the images of the players into that video picked one of Crick nailing Blaine Gabbert. He will have to get in line behind Barwin and JJ if he wants another piece. Might not be much Blaine left by then.

b0ng
05-01-2012, 01:01 AM
Love the pick but this thread is too much. If Crick becomes a contributing player on the DLine then this pick is a homerun, but this doesn't spell doom for any current starter, yet.

rmartin65
05-01-2012, 07:53 AM
Love the pick but this thread is too much. If Crick becomes a contributing player on the DLine then this pick is a homerun, but this doesn't spell doom for any current starter, yet.

It is the post-draft rush. Every year we over-value our drafted players and UDFAs.

Corrosion
05-01-2012, 08:06 AM

For what its worth .... Beerlover had him going to us in the first round (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91645).

beerlover
05-01-2012, 08:28 AM
For what its worth .... Beerlover had him going to us in the first round (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91645).

I expected to get more attention with it. Just got fed up with the whole process (never imagined Mercilus dropping lower than #19) couldn't choose a WR @ #26, not a big fan of Nick Perry, didn't really want to draft a TE in 1st so went with JJ Watt II. Getting him on this team is almost as good. Texans now have a pair of young bookend DE's. But just to be fair never said first round, just said first pick & expected Texans to trade down, maybe more than once? As this draft demonstrated there was excellent value with starting caliber prospects through the 4th rd. :fingergun:

speedfreek
05-01-2012, 08:32 AM
Here's hoping that, when we play Denver, Manning gets a Crick in his neck!

TJ

Corrosion
05-01-2012, 08:39 AM
I expected to get more attention with it. Just got fed up with the whole process (never imagined Mercilus dropping lower than #19) couldn't choose a WR @ #26, not a big fan of Nick Perry, didn't really want to draft a TE in 1st so went with JJ Watt II. Getting him on this team is almost as good. Texans now have a pair of young bookend DE's. But just to be fair never said first round, just said first pick & expected Texans to trade down, maybe more than once? As this draft demonstrated there was excellent value with starting caliber prospects through the 4th rd. :fingergun:

He fell a long way .... I didnt even realize he was still there when the "who to take in the 4th" thread was started .... until several listed him , I had to go check to make sure. Probably one of the best value picks in the entire draft.

I didnt see Mercilus getting past 20 either .... that was a shocker. Really threw off some draft boards. I figured they would end up taking Zietler in round 1.

Sure wont complain about two top tier pass rushers at those spots. Definately gives the team a solid three man rotation at both DE and OLB.
Going to be interesting to see who the top 4 DL and 2 OLB are and how they get them on the field.

IDEXAN
05-01-2012, 08:55 AM
I suspect Crick is more of a Tim Bullman replacement than an Antonio Smith
replacement, and that's fine because it's just a 4th round pick invested here.
The thing with Crick is that he might be a liability in the running game, and that's
what could really hurt him as a long-term candidate to start and play as a 3-4 DE. Maybe those are low expectations, so hopefully I'll get a surprise ?

beerlover
05-01-2012, 09:01 AM
He fell a long way .... I didnt even realize he was still there when the "who to take in the 4th" thread was started .... until several listed him , I had to go check to make sure. Probably one of the best value picks in the entire draft.

I didnt see Mercilus getting past 20 either .... that was a shocker. Really threw off some draft boards. I figured they would end up taking Zietler in round 1.

Sure wont complain about two top tier pass rushers at those spots. Definately gives the team a solid three man rotation at both DE and OLB.
Going to be interesting to see who the top 4 DL and 2 OLB are and how they get them on the field.

Cloak could explain his medical status better (if he had the facts) but Crick had another medical condition besides a torn pectoral muscle from my understanding. Tendinitis in his knees, not sure on severity or extent of affliction but I'm sure Texans medical staff did evaluation & risk assessment. I hope he can fully recover & return to old, dominant form. If he is 100% his game is similar to San Francisco DT Justin Smith (6-4 290) who was selected in the 1st back in 2001 4th overall. Plays hard, will not come out of lineup even when hurt, if there is such a thing as being too competitive it's him which fits this defense intensity.

Rey
05-01-2012, 09:38 AM

Honestly, I wouldn't be upset if the Texans could package Smith for a starting WR or CB...

Then have open competition for the NT and DE spots between Cody, Mitchell, Jamison, Bulman, Fangupo and Crick

Jamison gets credit here, but really, snap to performance ratio the guy has been a stud...

kiwitexansfan
05-01-2012, 02:52 PM
The thing with Crick is that he might be a liability in the running game, and that's
what could really hurt him as a long-term candidate to start and play as a 3-4 DE. Maybe those are low expectations, so hopefully I'll get a surprise ?

How do you come to the conclusion that Crick will be a liability in the run game?

He is very assignment sure and uses his hands well to get off blocks to make tackles and he is a solid tackler.

I would probably expect better from him vs the run than as a pass rusher.

Perki-Perk
05-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Here's hoping that, when we play Denver, Manning gets a Crick in his neck!

TJ

How about a mega-Watt, Mercilus, Crick in the neck during a CrUSHING type of hit?

NitroGSXR
05-01-2012, 11:13 PM

Considering that Crick just took Bulman's number... I'd say you were spot on.

2002whitegt
05-03-2012, 12:49 AM
I'm pretty excited about this guy, I hope he can develop into a JJ clone.

I found a quick combine/draft video on him and Bullock which I thought was pretty cool.

http://www.gatorade.com/default.aspx#program?s=everything-to-prove

He's the third guy they feature and Randy Bullock is featured right after.

drs23
05-03-2012, 01:13 AM

I found a quick combine/draft video on him and Bullock which I thought was pretty cool.

Thanks for the vid. That Trend Richardson is a hell of a sculpture. What a bod! (where does a guy get one of those?) He's gonna knock some heads for a few years at least.

Allstar
05-03-2012, 02:37 AM

Nice find.

TexansFanatic
05-03-2012, 11:44 AM
That Trend Richardson is a hell of a sculpture. What a bod! (where does a guy get one of those?)

http://boozeworthy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/40yearold1fm5.jpg

VTexan
05-03-2012, 07:17 PM
What a bod! (where does a guy get one of those?)

http://i.imgur.com/WLcqN.jpg

drs23
05-03-2012, 11:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WLcqN.jpg

I think you need to dig a little deeper, with a sense of humor, and intelligence even. Maybe.

Corrosion
05-03-2012, 11:39 PM
I think you need to dig a little deeper, with a sense of humor, and intelligence even. Maybe.

.....Blacksburg .... where they dont even spell Burgh correctly and you are asking for him to dig deeper , a sense of humor and intelligence ?! Forgetaboutit. :specnatz:

drs23
05-04-2012, 11:35 AM
.....Blacksburg .... where they dont even spell Burgh correctly and you are asking for him to dig deeper , a sense of humor and intelligence ?! Forgetaboutit. :specnatz:

Yeah, what the hell was I thinking? :gun:

thunderkyss
05-06-2012, 08:59 PM

Calm down, it's okay. A lot of people didn't find out they were gay until later in life.

beerlover
06-02-2012, 02:50 AM
Finding the Fits: Texans find perfect match in 4th round DL Crick

Excellent article by Rob Rang | The Sports Xchange/CBSSports.com

At 6-4, 279 pounds and possessing good strength, instincts and hustle, Crick is actually a better fit as a 3-4 defensive end than he would have been remaining at his customary defensive tackle position for a 4-3 team in the NFL. While he isn't likely to supplant either Watt or veteran Antonio Smith as a starter as a rookie, he'll provide excellent depth at the position and could see significant rotational time. He has the strength to set the edge against the run, as well as excellent hustle to pursue laterally and downfield. He's also a better pass rusher than most 3-4 defensive ends, giving the team extra value.

Crick emerged as the second of a two-headed monster on the Nebraska defensive line while playing with Ndamukong Suh. Starting for the first time in 2009, Crick registered 73 tackles, 15.5 tackles for loss and 9.5 sacks, garnering First Team all-conference honors from Big 12 coaches. A year later, while Suh was earning Defensive Rookie of the Year honors as a member of the Detroit Lions, Crick proved more than capable of starring on his own, posting eerily similar numbers (70 tackles, 17 tackles for loss, 9.5 sacks) to earn All-America accolades.

Considering his size, effort both on and off the field and consistency, Crick entered the 2011 season as a possible first round prospect. An injury-plagued season, however, contributed to his surprising fall to the fourth round, where the Texans nabbed him exactly 100 selections after Mercilus, the only other defensive prospect Houston drafted in 2012.

A torn pectoral muscle ended Crick's 2011 season after just six games, but some scouts were also worried about a knee injury that kept him out of spring practice prior to the season's start. With "just" 22 tackles, three tackles for loss and a single sack in his six games, Crick clearly was not the same player in 2011 that he'd been the past two seasons... that doesn't mean he should have slipped to the draft's third day, however.

By falling to the fourth round, Crick joins a list of former collegiate standouts who suffered an injury as a senior and as a result saw their stock plummet despite having already proven legitimate NFL starting talent. In recent years, we've seen several such players wind up "surprising" as middle or late round picks -- not the least of which includes defensive end Arthur Jones (Baltimore Ravens, 2010), outside linebacker O'Brien Schofield (Arizona Cardinals, 2010) and running back Michael Bush (Oakland Raiders, 2007). Bush, has since signed with the Chicago Bears as an unrestricted free agent.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/19227396/finding-the-fits-texans-find-perfect-match-in-4th-round-dl-crick

Crick was a personal pre-draft target of my own, thinking Texans would trade out of the first & take him with one of two second round picks (of course that never happened) but a 4th rd pick is a steal, because he is scheme diverse, fits team profile (work ethic/character) & provides excellent depth now with possible starting role in the future @ a very desirable, hard to fill 3-4 DE position. Rob Rang is a pretty good analyst to boot :cow:

Wolf6151
06-02-2012, 03:29 AM
I'd sure like to see him add approx. 10-15 lbs. without losing athleticism or speed, but I'm sure glad we got Crick when we did, he was great value in the 4th. I can't wait for the preseason games to begin and would like to see him with the 1st team going against another teams starters as well. If he plays great this year, I really hope that he can take Antonio Smith's roster spot as a starter in 2013, it would scratch one need off our list for next years draft.

IDEXAN
06-02-2012, 09:24 AM
Is Crick a Tim Bulman clone, which arguably he appears to be, or will he be something more ?
Still puzzled why he fell all the way to the 4th round, and very deep into the
4th round at that ? Wouldn't think the kind of injury he had would result in that kind of free fall in the Draft ?

CloakNNNdagger
06-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Is Crick a Tim Bulman clone, which arguably he appears to be, or will he be something more ?
4th round at that ? Wouldn't think the kind of injury he had would result in that kind of free fall in the Draft ?

It seems that there may have been a multitude of factors giving pause to teams. Besides his pec rupture from which he should recover fully, he also played with a bum knee (classified "strain"), he weighed in a little too light for most NFL teams' taste (279 at 6'4"), he had relatively short arms (32") especially if considered for DE, and didn't demonstrate very impressive Combine numbers (40 - 4.99; no bench [although he went on to bench 26 at his Pro Day).

There were many comments pre-draft that he needed to bulk up for the NFL. After a surgically repaired pec rupture, it is not unusual that the patient is discouraged from high-weight, low repetition barbell bench pressing indefinitely, and encouraged to bench presses with light weight and high repetition. This may not give the player the most impressive bulked up "look," but the ability to not compromise muscle endurance is maintained............and in Wade's type of system, that is what would be more important.

For those of you that may be concerned about him maintaining strength with the above regimen (which could have been a scouting concern):
A study that was just released ~1 month ago:
High reps with low weights can also build muscleStudy shows that lifting a ton is not the only way to bulk up (http://www.ajc.com/health/high-reps-with-low-1428541.html)

beerlover
06-03-2012, 09:22 AM
I'd sure like to see him add approx. 10-15 lbs. without losing athleticism or speed, but I'm sure glad we got Crick when we did, he was great value in the 4th. I can't wait for the preseason games to begin and would like to see him with the 1st team going against another teams starters as well. If he plays great this year, I really hope that he can take Antonio Smith's roster spot as a starter in 2013, it would scratch one need off our list for next years draft.

He is the same size as Antonio Smith, cmon guys. His ultimate playing weight may turn out to be closer to 290 but really not neccessary IMO. What is important is getting stronger & being 100% healthy again like he was next to Suh (solid 307) in Nebraska.

Texanmike02
06-03-2012, 01:33 PM

@%*! That team.

Mike

mussop
06-03-2012, 05:51 PM
It seems that there may have been a multitude of factors giving pause to teams. Besides his pec rupture from which he should recover fully, he also played with a bum knee (classified "strain"), he weighed in a little too light for most NFL teams' taste (279 at 6'4"), he had relatively short arms (32") especially if considered for DE, and didn't demonstrate very impressive Combine numbers (40 - 4.99; no bench [although he went on to bench 26 at his Pro Day).

There were many comments pre-draft that he needed to bulk up for the NFL. After a surgically repaired pec rupture, it is not unusual that the patient is discouraged from high-weight, low repetition barbell bench pressing indefinitely, and encouraged to bench presses with light weight and high repetition. This may not give the player the most impressive bulked up "look," but the ability to not compromise muscle endurance is maintained............and in Wade's type of system, that is what would be more important.

For those of you that may be concerned about him maintaining strength with the above regimen (which could have been a scouting concern):
A study that was just released ~1 month ago:
High reps with low weights can also build muscleStudy shows that lifting a ton is not the only way to bulk up (http://www.ajc.com/health/high-reps-with-low-1428541.html)

I found at an early age that lifting lower weights with more reps worked better for me. I was in MMA before the term MMA was thought of. I also boxed at a young age. I never had (or wanted) a bulky build yet I was never out muscled. I always held my own (strength wise) and when the bigger/more muscular guys would tire I would still be going strong.

In fact that is how I got the nickname Possum. One of my instructors said it was like I was playing Possum early in the fight. I'm surprised that more athletes don't go this route.

76Texan
06-04-2012, 05:09 PM
I've been watching some Jared Crick's tapes and I noticed a few things that many of you folks might be surprised when I mentioned them.

First of, the Cornhuskers ran a different defensive scheme in 09 (with Suh) and 2010 (without Suh) when they were still in the Big 12 (as opposed to 2011 in the Big 10).

As confirmed by an interview with Crick before his Senior season (I need to relocate the link), Bo Pelini employed a 4-man front with both DT playing head-up on the Guard between 90-95% of the time (according the interview).
The Center is left uncovered in this scheme.
I'm not exactly sure why Pelini chose this particular scheme, but as I understand, it was to combat the spread offense normally found in the Big 12.
(The Big 10 are different; they consist mainly of teams running a pro set or a WCO).

Different Big 12 teams combat this defensive scheme differently; the net effect I found so far in 2-1/2 games (with Suh) shows that Crick did not benefit from Suh being double-teamed; if anything, it's the opposite.
As I have more time, I will get further into it.

76Texan
06-04-2012, 05:14 PM
I've been watching some Jared Crick's tapes and I noticed a few things that many of you folks might be surprised when I mention them.

First of, the Cornhuskers ran a different defensive scheme in 09 (with Suh) and 2010 (without Suh) when they were still in the Big 12 (as opposed to 2011 in the Big 10).

As confirmed by an interview with Crick before his Senior season (I need to relocate the link), Bo Pelini employed a 4-man front with both DT playing head-up on the Guard between 90-95% of the time (according the interview).
The Center is left uncovered in this scheme.
I'm not exactly sure why Pelini chose this particular scheme, but as I understand, it was to combat the spread offense normally found in the Big 12.
(The Big 10 are different; they consist mainly of teams running a pro set or a WCO).

Different Big 12 teams combat this defensive scheme differently; the net effect I found so far in 2-1/2 games (with Suh) shows that Crick did not benefit from Suh being double-teamed; if anything, it's the opposite.
As I have more time, I will get further into it.

thunderkyss
06-04-2012, 05:19 PM

Am I missing something? He looked like a JJ Watt clone to me. Had a couple of issues so we were able to get him on the cheap.

76Texan
06-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Fast-forward to the Big 12 Championship game vs UT in 2009, there was a brief interview with Suh before the game. Suh was saying how Crick does the "dirty" work so he (Suh) can go make play. Supposedly, the coaching staff will create opportunity for Crick to go make play as well.

It didn't quite turn out to be that way.
From what I saw, in the passing game, it was Suh who had a few more one-on-one opportunities as Crick attacked the inside gap, forcing more help from the Center.

Suh had a great game; Crick had a good game.
Suh played very well on his own, but he also benefited from the entire D-line as the two DEs both had solid games.

In the run game, whichever side the ball is going, it's where the double-team occured - par for the course.

Oh, and by the way, if Suh is bigger than Crick, it wasn't by much.

Also, in the 3 games (from 2009) I've watched so far, in the few instances when the Cornhuskers went to a 3-man line, Crick was at NT.

thunderkyss
12-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Did I miss something?

Has this guy shown us any flashes of anything? Remember, he's playing because UDFA Tim Jamison is out for the season. We're missing that guy.

76Texan
12-13-2012, 04:23 PM
Did I miss something?

Has this guy shown us any flashes of anything? Remember, he's playing because UDFA Tim Jamison is out for the season. We're missing that guy.

He's doing OK for a rookie at that position; solid but unspectacular, no major mistake; he's a little better than "on schedule" in my book, where he's drafted at. Positive grade for the moment.

wolf123
12-13-2012, 04:48 PM
He's doing OK for a rookie at that position; solid but unspectacular, no major mistake; he's a little better than "on schedule" in my book, where he's drafted at. Positive grade for the moment.

Agree, he's done okay. Shown flashes..:whip: