PDA

View Full Version : 2012 NFL Draft Day 3: Rounds 4-7

Pages : 1 [2]

mussop
04-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Yeah, isn't that silly? :gun:

yes it's so silly for a "FAN" to get upset when they are anxiously awaiting a draft pick and their team takes a guy no one knows. :wadepalm: Get out of here on your high horse!

Marcus
04-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Wow! A commercial?!?! Shocker.

Geez.

Ok, so we take the K from A&M in the 5th right?

Fugging Verizon AGAIN. LOL, they are losing potential customers with that commercial. Negative outcome with sniffling mom and daughter routine.

That is no ****! I'm ready to have my Verizon landline yanked already.

TexanSam
04-28-2012, 01:44 PM
NFL Network asking Casserly if he understands drafting Kirk Cousins in the 4th. Of course not. This is the same dude who drafted Dave Ragone in the 3rd round! There is no logic there.

Errant Hothy
04-28-2012, 01:44 PM
yes it's so silly for a "FAN" to get upset when they are anxiously awaiting a draft pick and their team takes a guy no one knows. :wadepalm: Get out of here on your high horse!

It is silly. Especially when you figure in the fact that said fan has nowhere near the amount of information that these teams gather. Fans get their knowledge from so called draft experts, who are not employed by any NFL franchise. If Mayock, Kiper, etc were nailing all of these picks surly a team would hire them to help run their draft, right. Well that and the fact the Casserly is an NFLN draft expert as well. Every year we see players who were supposed to be great prospects fall in the draft, and usually those guys who fall turn into nothing in the NFL.

ObsiWan
04-28-2012, 01:45 PM
wait... What's THIS!?!?

An extensive breakdown of the Texans' draft?

Damn... the spent the whole segment between commercial breaks talking about our Texans!?
And a positive assessment to boot?

Is this ESPN???

I'm confused.

gtexan02
04-28-2012, 01:48 PM
What's THIS!?!?

An extensive breakdown of the Texans' draft?

And a positive assessment to boot?

Is this ESPN???

We have 5 primetime games this season. Why are people surprised that we get attention?

kingh99
04-28-2012, 01:50 PM
Wow! Talk about propping a team. Don't want to ever hear they don't give our team love. Just crowned Texans dynasty before winning anything. But it is exciting to hear.

ObsiWan
04-28-2012, 01:51 PM
We have 5 primetime games this season. Why are people surprised that we get attention?

After spending the last two days watching them go to commercials when it's our pick, this departure from that patterned behavior is puzzling. Disturbing actually.

mussop
04-28-2012, 01:51 PM
it is silly. Especially when you figure in the fact that said fan has nowhere near the amount of information that these teams gather. Fans get their knowledge from so called draft experts, who are not employed by any nfl franchise. If mayock, kiper, etc were nailing all of these picks surly a team would hire them to help run their draft, right. Well that and the fact the casserly is an nfln draft expert as well. Every year we see players who were supposed to be great prospects fall in the draft, and usually those guys who fall turn into nothing in the nfl.

bla bla bla

mussop
04-28-2012, 01:53 PM
Wow! Talk about propping a team. Don't want to ever hear they don't give our team love. Just crowned Texans dynasty before winning anything. But it is exciting to hear.

wHAt channel are you watching?

WolverineFan
04-28-2012, 01:54 PM
Wade (2 picks)
OLB - Mercilus
DE - Crick

Kubiak (4 picks)
WR - Posey
OG - Brooks
G/C - Jones
WR/KR - Martin

Wade is kicking Kubiak's a** IMO.

kingh99
04-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Still have two quality picks left. Great job accumulating and hanging onto picks.

Errant Hothy
04-28-2012, 01:58 PM
bla bla bla

So this is your response to somebody who disagrees with you. What are, 4?

Yes, I'm saying those, including you, who base their analysis on what the idioits like Kiper and Mayock say are likely to be disappionted time after time. Wrong as well. Why? Because their is ample evidence that the guys paided by NFL owners are leagues better than the gaggle of talking heads paid by ESPN and the NFLN.

There are 32 NFL teams, if all of those teams pass on a player multiple times it is much more likely that their is a legit reason, than they are all wrong and Joe Schmu (or Kiper; because usually it is the same opinion) is right.

It's like this every damn year here, and the funny thing is when that guy everybody was sayign the Texans were stupid for passing is out of the NFL all of the so called draft gurus are seriously quite. The opposite applys as well.

TimeKiller
04-28-2012, 01:59 PM
Wade (2 picks)
OLB - Mercilus
DE - Crick

Kubiak (4 picks)
WR - Posey
OG - Brooks
G/C - Jones
WR/KR - Martin

Same team bro.

Maddict5
Should be able to wait till the sixth I would think.

doubtful... the jags actually have a 5th :)

Errant Hothy
Wade (2 picks)
OLB - Mercilus
DE - Crick

Kubiak (4 picks)
WR - Posey
OG - Brooks
G/C - Jones
WR/KR - Martin

:kubepalm::wadepalm:

huh?

LikeMike
04-28-2012, 02:00 PM
So what now? ILB a Real NT Safety help or Even a QB? I'd like a Kicker in the 6th...

kingh99
04-28-2012, 02:00 PM

ESPN Draft Central over the internet. They just did a piece with Trent Dilfer leading the charge and Mel Kiper begrudgingly falling in line while the other two guys were total cheerleaders for the Texans. Schuler said they were set up to win the Super Bowl this year and be a force for years.

gary
04-28-2012, 02:02 PM
Is Marvin still on the board?

WolverineFan
04-28-2012, 02:05 PM
:kubepalm::wadepalm:

huh?

It means I like Mercilus and Crick more than the offensive guys we've drafted......

TexCanada
04-28-2012, 02:06 PM
Is Marvin still on the board?

Yes

Wolf
04-28-2012, 02:07 PM
maybe I smell a QB in the 5th and a kicker in the 6th for the Texans :kitten:

mussop
04-28-2012, 02:07 PM
So this is your response to somebody who disagrees with you. What are, 4?

Yes, I'm saying those, including you, who base their analysis on what the idioits like Kiper and Mayock say are likely to be disappionted time after time. Wrong as well. Why? Because their is ample evidence that the guys paided by NFL owners are leagues better than the gaggle of talking heads paid by ESPN and the NFLN.

There are 32 NFL teams, if all of those teams pass on a player multiple times it is much more likely that their is a legit reason, than they are all wrong and Joe Schmu (or Kiper; because usually it is the same opinion) is right.

It's like this every damn year here, and the funny thing is when that guy everybody was sayign the Texans were stupid for passing is out of the NFL all of the so called draft gurus are seriously quite. The opposite applys as well.

again bla bla bla!!! :cheese:

Obviously you aren't around here (draft section) enough to know what you are talking about. What is silly is you thinking people shouldn't show emotion regarding moves their team makes. Now that is silly!!!! :lol:

mussop
04-28-2012, 02:09 PM
I believe all these guys are still available

3. Senio Kelemete OG Washington
4. Winn, Billy DT Boise St.
5. Brandon Washington OG Miami (OT)
6. J.R. Sweezy DT North Carolina State
7. Audie Cole LB North Carolina State
8. Markelle Martin FS Oklahoma State (X)
9. Marvin Jones WR California
10. Taylor Thompson TE Southern Methodist (DE)

12. Chase Minnifield CB Virginia
13. Juron Criner WR Arizona State (X)
14. Tommy Streeter WR Miami
15. Dwight Jones WR North Carolina
16. Chase Ford TE Miami
17. Ryan Miller OG Colorado
18. Marvin McNutt WR Iowa
19. George Iloka FS Boise State
20. Janzen Jackson FS McNeese State
21. Nate Potter G/T Boise State
22. Lone Fangupa DT BYU

TimeKiller
04-28-2012, 02:11 PM
I thought texans picke dup an extra 5 for moving out of the 2nd?

djohn2oo8
Ya know what else is fun? Hoping the Titans pass up every player Titan fans want. You should see their board, it's comedy central right now.

TexanSam
I'm interested to see where Case Keenum ends up.

The Pencil Neck
04-28-2012, 02:12 PM
Ah, damn. There goes Najee Good, ILB.

I had hopes for him.

rmartin65
04-28-2012, 02:12 PM
I thought texans picke dup an extra 5 for moving out of the 2nd?

Nope, we got a 3rd and a 4th, and gave up a 2nd and a 7th.

gary
04-28-2012, 02:13 PM
YesThank you. I hope they draft him.

djohn2oo8
04-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Probably Washington lol

TimeKiller
04-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Nope, we got a 3rd and a 4th, and gave up a 2nd and a 7th.

Gotcha.

gary
04-28-2012, 02:18 PM
How many more picks until Houston?

Wolf
04-28-2012, 02:19 PM
how many more picks until houston?

TimeKiller
Bout 20 more picks....anybody got a crystal ball?

mussop
How many more picks until Houston?

17 more

ObsiWan
04-28-2012, 02:20 PM

It was ESPN. Dilfer, McShay, & Mel HairGel broke down the Texans draft - and season outlook - about 30 mins ago.

And it was a surprisingly fair assessment, IMO.

Errant Hothy
04-28-2012, 02:21 PM
again bla bla bla!!! :cheese:

Obviously you aren't around here (draft section) enough to know what you are talking about. What is silly is you thinking people shouldn't show emotion regarding moves their team makes. Now that is silly!!!! :lol:

Actually I lurk the hell out of the draft section, seen nothing that convinces me that any of y'all know more than the non-paid drfatniks out there. Which means you know less than Kiper and co., and certainly know less and have access to much less information than the scouting departments of all 32 NFL teams.

There is a difference between showing emotion and blatantly bashing a pick for the simple reason that you do not agree with it. I see much more bashing than is healthy. Why? Because it proves people who think they know everything about the draft actually know nothing, or at the very least less than they would like to admit.

But hey, keep on thinking that your draft analysis means anything to anybody other than your self and your collection of fellow draftniks.

Oh, and the repeated blah blah blah bit just illustrates to me that you have no intrest in actually discussing anything. Probably just after validation of your thoughts.

kiwitexansfan
04-28-2012, 02:22 PM
Factoid that may only interest me: Rhett Ellison, FB, son of a kiwi.

My other draft crush Audie Cole is still available.

Wolf
04-28-2012, 02:23 PM
what is up with this guy
Sanders, Zebrie T 6'5" 320 Florida St.

his nfl.com draft grade is an 82.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-grade/dt-by-team-input:min/dt-by-round-input:5/dt-by-position-input:qb/dt-by-grade-input:3

never mind. bills got him

TimeKiller
04-28-2012, 02:24 PM
George Iloka at 161? More OL? TIGHT END?!?!?!?!

badboy
04-28-2012, 02:26 PM
what is up with this guy
Sanders, Zebrie T 6'5" 320 Florida St.

his nfl.com draft grade is an 82.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-grade/dt-by-team-input:min/dt-by-round-input:5/dt-by-position-input:qb/dt-by-grade-input:3

never mind. bills got himWould grade highly as an OG prospect

Errant Hothy
04-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Thompson goes to the BESFs. Big TE making the switch from playing DE at SMU.

mussop
04-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Actually I lurk the hell out of the draft section, seen nothing that convinces me that any of y'all know more than the non-paid drfatniks out there. Which means you know less than Kiper and co., and certainly know less and have access to much less information than the scouting departments of all 32 NFL teams.

There is a difference between showing emotion and blatantly bashing a pick for the simple reason that you do not agree with it. I see much more bashing than is healthy. Why? Because it proves people who think they know everything about the draft actually know nothing, or at the very least less than they would like to admit.

But hey, keep on thinking that your draft analysis means anything to anybody other than your self and your collection of fellow draftniks.

Oh, and the repeated blah blah blah bit just illustrates to me that you have no intrest in actually discussing anything. Probably just after validation of your thoughts.

I will match my draft knowledge or any of the other regulars here against yours anytime. Now ride away on your high horse mr better than thou!

keyser
04-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Looks like the Titans got that TE several of you mentioned...

I'm thinking we might draft Randy Bullock in the 5th. If they want him, they can't assume he'll last until the 6th round (though that would be a better place to draft a Kicker).

I'm surpised we haven't drafted any DB or TE to this point.

mussop
Thompson goes to the BESFs. Big TE making the switch from playing DE at SMU.

That sucks! Really wanted him.

kiwitexansfan
I want Dennard. Smith will pick a DB.

The Pencil Neck
I'm hoping Hanna, TE, drops to us. Also on my list:

Juron Criner, WR
Senio Kelemete, G

Maybe Audie Cole.

And then Bullock in the 6th.

mussop
04-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Looks like the Titans got that TE several of you mentioned...

I'm thinking we might draft Randy Bullock in the 5th. If they want him, they can't assume he'll last until the 6th round (though that would be a better place to draft a Kicker).

I'm surpised we haven't drafted any DB or TE to this point.

EXACTLY! All good point's.

kiwitexansfan
04-28-2012, 02:31 PM
I will match my draft knowledge or any of the other regulars here against yours anytime. Now ride away on your high horse mr better than thou!

He wasn't comparing himself with you, he was pointing out professionals will have better access to information than non professionals.

Wolf
04-28-2012, 02:32 PM
top guys on nfl.com
Polk, Chris RB 5'10" 215 Washington 84.0
Winn, Billy DT 6'4" 294 Boise St. 84.0
Wade, Trevin CB 5'10" 192 Arizona 82.5
Brown, James G 6'3" 306 Troy 82.2
Minnifield, Chase CB 5'10" 183 Virginia 81.5
Criner, Juron WR 6'3" 224 Arizona 79.7
Manning, Terrell OLB 6'2" 237 N.C. State 75.2
Nix, Luke OG 6'5" 317 Pittsburgh 74.5
Jones, Marvin WR 6'1" 199 California 74.0

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-grade/dt-by-team-input:min/dt-by-round-input:5/dt-by-position-input:qb/dt-by-grade-input:5

mussop
3. Senio Kelemete OG Washington

16. Chase Ford TE Miami
22. Lone Fangupa DT BYU

Errant Hothy

Your missing the point.

I'm not saying I know more than you are anybody else here or on tv or on the web.

Listen carefully, you, Kiper, LZ or anybody else you want to name not employeed by an NFL franchise knows less about the draft and the players in it than any of those who are paid by an NFL owner to make these descions correctly. So forgive me when I see you saying a pick sucks and instanly don't fall in line. Forgive for entertaining the thought that the people making the pick might, just might, have more information about the player and how he fits than you. Get it?

So with that said, you willing to say you know more about the draft than Rick Smith and the Texans scouting department?

rmartin65
04-28-2012, 02:33 PM
I really dont know where the Texans go here. QB, K, TE, DT, DB are all legit options. Then with guys like Criner and Marvin Jones still there, I would not be upset with yet another WR being drafted. 2 picks left, lets see what happens.

mussop
04-28-2012, 02:33 PM
He wasn't comparing himself with you, he was pointing out professionals will have better access to information than non professionals.

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!! :kubepalm:

The Pencil Neck
04-28-2012, 02:34 PM
I really dont know where the Texans go here. QB, K, TE, DT, DB are all legit options. Then with guys like Criner and Marvin Jones still there, I would not be upset with yet another WR being drafted. 2 picks left, lets see what happens.

Yeah. At this point, it is what it is. This is where the draft always gets crazy.

I don't mind ANY position at this point in the draft.

kingh99
04-28-2012, 02:35 PM
EXACTLY! All good point's.

I think they don't value DB in draft this year because with Wade's system you might be better off with other team cuts than guessing in the draft. They took 2 corners in the 2nd and third last year and neither got on the @$#%! field. What a waste.

Load the box with pressure monsters and pick guys for the secondary with experience who won't embarrass themselves and might actually excel picking off panicked QB ducks. Reminds me of a certain 1978-79 Oilers team coached by another Phillips.

Wolf
04-28-2012, 02:36 PM
I think they don't value DB in draft this year because with Wade's system you might be better off with other team cuts than guessing in the draft. They took 2 corners in the 2nd and third last year and neither got on the @$#%! field. What a waste.

Load the box with pressure monsters and pick guys for the secondary with experience who won't embarrass themselves and might actually excel picking off panicked QB ducks. Reminds me of a certain 1978-79 Oilers team coached by another Phillips.

they said on NFLN that is what the giants do.

mussop
04-28-2012, 02:37 PM

OR 1993 defense coached by Buddy Ryans!

TimeKiller
04-28-2012, 02:41 PM
Taylor Thompson to the Titans. That's who I was going for.

Still some WR prospects available.

TimeKiller
04-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Dennard? Still available right? Dequan Menzie was another DB I liked for the Texans.

kingh99
04-28-2012, 02:42 PM
yeah that too. :). Good draft. Now get pure TE or pure FB special teams bruiser.

ObsiWan
04-28-2012, 02:43 PM

Three WRs in one draft after none for so long??

Hard to believe they'll go that way

And Kubiak hasn't gotten his pet project QB yet.

The Pencil Neck
04-28-2012, 02:45 PM
And Kubiak hasn't gotten his pet project QB yet.

He's still got TJ.

What I'm expecting is a CB. Smith said he'd draft one every year.

mussop
04-28-2012, 02:48 PM
16. Chase Ford TE Miami
22. Lone Fangupa DT

All I have to say is if we don't draft one of these guys our scouts don't know ****!!! :kitten:

TimeKiller
04-28-2012, 02:49 PM
Could Ron Jaworski's butt hurt any worse than it does now?

Redskins are making sure they don't have to play Rex Grossman again. What's the bad strategy there?

Herm Edwards too. Grown men crying a damn river.

ObsiWan
04-28-2012, 02:51 PM
He's still got TJ.

What I'm expecting is a CB. Smith said he'd draft one every year.

well of the CBs left on the board, Minnefield is the only name I recognize. And that's because of his daddy.

The Pencil Neck
04-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Kelemete is now off the board. Although I wouldn't have expected to draft another interior OL.

kiwitexansfan
04-28-2012, 03:03 PM
Almost up.

I am picking Dennard.

Could see a K, FB or QB too

kiwitexansfan
04-28-2012, 03:04 PM
I wouldn't mind Kellen Moore either.

Wolf
04-28-2012, 03:04 PM
here we go.

and no commercial ..wow

Randy Bullock Kicker

kingh99
04-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Gotta wonder if they were thrown off have a Colorado OL player selected immediately before their pick. Late round Texan picks and Colorado Offensive Linemen go together like peas and carrots.

rmartin65
04-28-2012, 03:07 PM
We got the kicker!

kiwitexansfan
HAHA, the kicker you all wanted!!

Bullock, A&M.

Naiirb
..and heres our new kicker

The Pencil Neck
Yay! Bullock!

Porky
04-28-2012, 03:08 PM
Bullock!

TimeKiller
LOL in the 5th?

mussop
Got our kicker!! Oops forget him on my list. I'll let our scouts slide on this one.:)

kiwitexansfan
LOL in the 5th?

At least it isn't a punter in the 3rd, am I right?

fiasco west
04-28-2012, 03:09 PM
LOL in the 5th?

They only have one pick left.

TheRealJoker
I feel like these last two picks are fan picks! haha

Lucky
The Aggie kicker. What a surprise.

I see some are getting a little testy. Remember, every team is a winner today.

Errant Hothy
LOL in the 5th?

I quess they thought he might be gone by the time our sixth rolls around. A fifth for a kicker and no CB yet, a new day in the Texans war room?

Premier
i was just about to say, lets draft bullock and bow out... some folks will cry that its a 5th, but bullock had some teams interested..

GP
04-28-2012, 03:10 PM
Smart move. I wanted him here, no waiting until 6th where we might have him stolen.

kingh99
04-28-2012, 03:11 PM
K - Randy Bullock Texas A&M
Remember, Kubiak's kept his eyes shut or turned away from other kickers. Kubiak can play on his honor to not F it up. And they can have special relationship heart to heart Aggie talks.

Marcus
16. Chase Ford TE Miami
22. Lone Fangupa DT

All I have to say is if we don't draft one of these guys our scouts don't know ****!!! :kitten:

:rolleyes: Typical

kiwitexansfan
:doghouse::fridge::throwball::firework:

keyser
04-28-2012, 03:12 PM
Happy with this pick (and for once, it's because it's someone I've watched a pretty good amount)! Kicker is a weird position, though. Wish we could have waited until the 6th, but I'm not sure he would have lasted that long.

So now, something has to give: will Kubiak not draft his TE, or will Rick Smith not get his DB? Or, maybe they will trade to get an extra pick...

ObsiWan
LOL in the 5th?

why not?

all other positions of need addressed...
kicker is the last unaddress position.

FirstTexansFan
Smart move. I wanted him here, no waiting until 6th where we might have him stolen.

Agreed, he wouldn't have been there for our sixth pick and it fills a need.

digitalswim
04-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Yeah it was better to go ahead and grab him now. Everyone knows we don't have a kicker on the roster so the chance of getting sniped in the 6th was highly likely. He did win the Groza Award for nations best kicker so I'm sure there were several teams interested. Besides I hate battling over the leavings in free agency.

TimeKiller
04-28-2012, 03:15 PM
They only have one pick left.

Yeah, that's true.

Hey you know what? I hope he's better than Neil Shankers.

TimeKiller
04-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Well then. Who in the 6th?

Emil Igwenagu!!!

phantom17
04-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Thanks goodness we grabbed him! I would not take a chance on some other team who need/might need a K!:bravo:

kingh99
04-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Kubiak will watch every field goal attempt by this kicker. He will watch and have the comfort of knowing it's in the hands of a higher Aggie power.:bender:

kiwitexansfan
04-28-2012, 03:19 PM
Yeah, that's true.

Hey you know what? I hope he's better than Neil Shankers.

But will he lay the wood on kick coverage?

gtexan02
04-28-2012, 03:20 PM
Eh, I guess I can understand it. We have no kicker on our roster

Wolf
04-28-2012, 03:20 PM
that is the first Aggie ever drafted by the Texans , right?

I wonder if Kubiak will go QB in 6th for development

gary
04-28-2012, 03:21 PM
Receiver next.

Premier
04-28-2012, 03:22 PM

nah, Hartmann should be kicking off and will be laying hats..

kingh99
Well then. Who in the 6th?

Emil Igwenagu!!!

Need special teams/FB/TE. Team is stacked everywhere else now.

Premier

long snapper chance pearce 2003...

mussop
04-28-2012, 03:23 PM

ObsiWan
I'm checking out the Niners' war room.
Now the 49ers are right down the street, practically, from Silicon Valley... And I'm looking at their war room and there ain't a computer in sight

am I the only one who finds that weird?

GP
I'm happy. Posey will be known as the JJ Killer but then he has to earn his way as a WR for real.

The Pencil Neck
04-28-2012, 03:24 PM
I'm checking out the Niners' war room.
Now the 49ers are right down the street, practically, from Silicon Valley... And I'm looking at their war room and there ain't a computer in sight

am I the only one who finds that weird?

Those aren't people in the war-room. They're all automatons.

phantom17
04-28-2012, 03:24 PM
DT? WR? Pls no qb! BPA?! Nevermind- Smitiak will pick one!:kubepalm:

TimeKiller
04-28-2012, 03:25 PM

There's 10 guys on the field with that job. Kickers kick.

The Pencil Neck
04-28-2012, 03:26 PM
Marvin Jones finally taken. I expected him to go a bit earlier.

ObsiWan
Those aren't people in the war-room. They're all automatons.

Oh... stolen from DisneyLand no doubt.
that makes more sense.
:)

Speedy

I wonder if Kubiak will go QB in 6th for development

Chance Pearce - 7th in '03.

It is the 1st kicker drafted in Texans history though.

TimeKiller
04-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Bengals still cleaning up.

rmartin65
04-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Marvin Jones finally taken. I expected him to go a bit earlier.

Yeah, he was the guy I wanted instead of Posey. Interesting to see he fell this far.

TexanCR
04-28-2012, 03:29 PM
Hmmm can we get with our 6th rounder the GM from the Bengals? Every single pick has been very good for them, congrats to the Bengals.

The Pencil Neck
04-28-2012, 03:30 PM
Well, now Criner is off the board. Another WR I wanted and expected to be drafted a lot earlier.

Dutchrudder
04-28-2012, 03:31 PM
The Bengals are having a hell of a draft. Those two 1sts have gone a looooooooooong way.

kiwitexansfan
04-28-2012, 03:37 PM
Vick to the Colts.... :kitten:

Dash
04-28-2012, 03:40 PM
Rams just took a kicker. Good thing we scooped up Bullock when we did then.

Errant Hothy
04-28-2012, 03:41 PM

I take back what I said about waiting. Glad they pulled the trigger now.

Thorn
04-28-2012, 03:41 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

mussop
04-28-2012, 03:42 PM
I take back what I said about waiting. Glad they pulled the trigger now.

obviously the Texans no more about the draft than you! :kitten:

Errant Hothy
04-28-2012, 03:44 PM
obviously the Texans no more about the draft than you! :kitten:

God, we would be so screwed if they didn't.

beerlover
04-28-2012, 03:45 PM
alright you two need to get a room :strangle:

michaelm
04-28-2012, 03:47 PM
I predict Case Keenem (sp?) with our last pick.

TexCanada
04-28-2012, 03:49 PM
I predict Case Keenem (sp?) with our last pick.

I'd be happy with that.

The Pencil Neck
04-28-2012, 03:49 PM
I'm hoping for Hanna, TE with our last pick.

Errant Hothy
04-28-2012, 03:50 PM
I'll go general and say a CB will be the pick in the 7th.

TimeKiller
Yeah I thought it was early too. Guess not!

And now Walsh off the board. Great pick by the FO in the 5th

SW H-TOWN
Have the Rams taken a OL yet? Well, they got at OT in the 5th. Does not matter how many receivers you have if Bradford is getting killed.

GP
04-28-2012, 03:52 PM
I'll go general and say a CB will be the pick in the 7th.

We don't have a 7th. Duh.

Errant Hothy
04-28-2012, 03:53 PM
We don't have a 7th. Duh.

Than a CB in the sixth. I knew we didn't have one or the other.\

Casserly is on the NFLN saying the Bucs have had the best draft, not sure that would make me feel good if I was a Bucs fan.

michaelm
04-28-2012, 03:55 PM
Kubes needs his late round developmental QB, hence the prediction I made about Case Keenum.

kiwitexansfan
A run on kickers is on, thankfully we were ahead of the curve.

EVOLVIST
Okay, we need CB, TE and QB.

Which do we take with our last pick?

CB - Janzen Jackson (the second best CB in this year's draft), Chase Minnifield?

TE - James Hanna?

QB -Austin Davis/Case Keenum?

Dash
04-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Why draft Case with Ryan Lindley still on the board?

Blake
04-28-2012, 03:59 PM

CB - Janzen Jackson (the second best CB in this year's draft), Chase Minnifield?

TE - James Hanna?

All would be a good selection to me. I think Jackson would give us a boost of talent in the secondary.

kiwitexansfan
04-28-2012, 04:01 PM
Are we there yet?

Errant Hothy
04-28-2012, 04:02 PM

TE - James Hanna?

Wonder if the reason that Jackson and Minnifield are falling would be for reasons that would keep them from being Texans?

beerlover
I would like to see Texans take OT with their 6th pick.

Tom Compton
Matt Reynolds
Nate Potter
Levy Adcock

Would all be worth their consideration. Prefer Matt or Levy. Please!

thank you

GP
Than a CB in the sixth. I knew we didn't have one or the other.\

Casserly is on the NFLN saying the Bucs have had the best draft, not sure that would make me feel good if I was a Bucs fan.

You lecture me about draft stuff and you didn't know 6th is our last round?

Ummm...OK.

kiwitexansfan
Chris Polk has been ESPN's best available for a looooooooooong time now. Must be hard on him.

mariowillshine15
04-28-2012, 04:04 PM
I would like Kellen Moore. Wouldn't be opposed to Keenum either.

Heck if the RB Polk keeps falling take him.

Never have enough RBs.

Errant Hothy
04-28-2012, 04:07 PM

Ummm...OK.

When have I lectured you about the draft? I said to several people, you included, that getting your panties in a twist because the team drafted player A over players B-F and you felt that was stupid was a tad ignorant for several reaasons that I believe I have outlined guite clearly. See the Posey pick and it's duscussion.

kiwitexansfan
04-28-2012, 04:09 PM
When have I lectured you about the draft? I said to several people, you included, that getting your panties in a twist because the team drafted player A over players B-F and you felt that was stupid was a tad ignorant for several reaasons that I believe I have outlined guite clearly. See the Posey pick and it's duscussion.

Your trying to climb out of the water on a ladder made of water here......

EVOLVIST
04-28-2012, 04:09 PM
Wonder if the reason that Jackson and Minnifield are falling would be for reasons that would keep them from being Texans?

With Minnifield it's that injury that people wonder if he'll even be ready for training camp. With Jackson, of course, it's the thug life. He had this to say recently:

"I was young. I was away from home, and I didn't make the right choices back then, and I paid the price. It humbles you no matter how good you think you are. I know the NFL knows all about those issues, and Ihave no reason to back away from them, but I also know that I learned from those errors in judgment. "I am trying my best to keep my focus right and let my talent speak for itself."

I'm one of those who think that with Jackson if he feels like he belongs then he'll chill the hell out. As it is, he might even go undrafted. But I mean, for a 6th to try him out? I just don't see that anyone could go wrong. He's a rare as hell talent.

Maddict5
04-28-2012, 04:10 PM

Ummm...OK.

and you lecture others about being nice to fellow TT poster so can it

we're like a family at christmas- everyone getting cranky from spending too much time together

Dutchrudder
04-28-2012, 04:14 PM
I wonder if the Dolphins will take Jeff Fuller to match up with Tannehill.

WolverineFan
04-28-2012, 04:14 PM
Ryan Lindley - QB, San Diego State
Chris Polk - RB, Washington
Drake Dunsmore - FB/TE, Northwestern
Marvin McNutt - WR, Iowa
Nate Potter - OT, Boise State
Billy Winn - DE, Boise State
Trevin Wade - CB, Arizona

Errant Hothy
04-28-2012, 04:15 PM
Your trying to climb out of the water on a ladder made of water here......

Really?

So forgetting that our last pick is in the 6th instead of the 7th makes all of my points invalid? That argueement might work if I was pushing my opinion on the players and the draft being better than GP's and mussop's. Pity that I havn't done anything like that at all.

My mistake still does not change the fact that some people think and act like they know more about the draft than the teams drafting; and if the team dares to pick agianst them than they are stupid and incompetent and have no business being in the NFL. See the rants following the Posey pick for a prime example of this, althought the raging firestorm that was the Mario pick might be the best example.

gtexan02
04-28-2012, 04:17 PM
Really?

So forgetting that our last pick is in the 6th instead of the 7th makes all of my points invalid? That argueement might work if I was pushing my opinion on the players and the draft being better than GP's and mussop's. Pity that I havn't done anything like that at all.

My mistake still does not change the fact that some people think and act like they know more about the draft than the teams drafting; amd if the team dares to pick agianst them than they are stupid and incompetent and have no business being in the NFL. See the rants following the Posey pick for a prime example of this, althought the raging firestorm that was the Mario pick might be the best example.

At the same time, you can't assume that just because NFL teams pay scouts that they are going to be infallible in their assessments. You can look at historical results of drafts and see that many times its a crapshoot for the majority of guys getting picked.

We all have access to the majority of information here. For example, there is a strong correlation between 40 yard dash and effectiveness as a starter for cornerbacks.
http://thedctimes.com/2012/03/using-40-yard-dash-to-predict-cornerback-performance-in-nfl/

We can all use that information the same

Maddict5
04-28-2012, 04:17 PM
Really?

My mistake still does not change the fact that some people think and act like they know more about the draft than the teams drafting; and if the team dares to pick agianst them than they are stupid and incompetent and have no business being in the NFL. See the rants following the Posey pick for a prime example of this, althought the raging firestorm that was the Mario pick might be the best example.

i think he was just saying you're wasting your time arguing with some ppl. dont worry alot more agree with you

kiwitexansfan
04-28-2012, 04:18 PM
Really?

Bro, I was saying your wasting your time trying to get sense through to some people.

I think everyone needs to take some time out, sheesh.

Maddict5
04-28-2012, 04:21 PM
At the same time, you can't assume that just because NFL teams pay scouts that they are going to be infallible in their assessments. You can look at historical results of drafts and see that many times its a crapshoot for the majority of guys getting picked.

agreed its a crapshoot and they arent infallible by any means but when they have way more info than we do, their decisions should be better way more often than not

my problem is draftniks who act like its a terrible decision just because they havent hear or seen them. at least be informed if you dont agree with something

Errant Hothy
04-28-2012, 04:23 PM

We all have access to the majority of information here. For example, there is a strong correlation between 40 yard dash and effectiveness as a starter for cornerbacks.
http://thedctimes.com/2012/03/using-40-yard-dash-to-predict-cornerback-performance-in-nfl/

We can all use that information the same

I've never said that the pros get it 100% right either, just that they have a better track record than the talking heads and the draftniks. If, and when, they don't they tend to get fired.

Fans have access to most of the physical info; height, weight, 40 time, short shuttle, etc. what we don't have access to is things like the interviews, the private workouts, the behind the scenes info that teams big up and maybe most importantly access to the all 22 film (if available for college players).

To those who correctly pointed out that I missed kiwi's point a few posts back...thanks.

gtexan02
04-28-2012, 04:23 PM
agreed its a crapshoot and they arent infallible by any means but when they have way more info than we do, their decisions should be better way more often than not

my problem is draftniks who act like its a terrible decision just because they havent hear or seen them. at least be informed if you dont agree with something

I would rate the top 3 "informations" as:
1. College body of work
2. Measureables (height weight, combine performance, etc)
3. Coach evaluations

We've also got individual interviews, workouts, etc as followups.
Maybe background checks for the problem cases as well

But we have access to the top 2 just like the paid pros do. I wouldn't say they have that much more information than we do

beerlover
04-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Texans went BPA in first after that drafted for need taking "their board" top picks @ ea. position of need.

rmartin65
04-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Lindley goes, he was my QB to develop of choice here.

Errant Hothy
04-28-2012, 04:26 PM
There goes Hanna, The Pencil Neck will be bummed, but if he wanted to see him Hanna will play close by.

TexanCR
Texans went BPA in first after that drafted for need taking "their board" top picks @ ea. position of need.

Its hard to se Posey being the BPA on WR at 3rd were we took him, still do you think he will play day1 or will seat behind Walter?

BTW I see a CB coming in the 6th, Rick cannot pass a draft without a CB.

bigbrewster2000
Could Ron Jaworski's butt hurt any worse than it does now?

Redskins are making sure they don't have to play Rex Grossman again. What's the bad strategy there?

Herm Edwards too. Grown men crying a damn river.

What has them all butt hurt? I can't check because I am at the hospital because my first born son was just born!

WolverineFan
04-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Lindley goes, he was my QB to develop of choice here.

Mine as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see him supplant Kolb/Skelton in 2 years. Especially with the weapons they're accumulating in ARZ.

Errant Hothy
What has them all butt hurt? I can't check because I am at the hospital because my first born son was just born!

Congrats!!

The Pencil Neck
1. College body of work
3. Coach evaluations

But we have access to the top 2 just like the paid pros do. I wouldn't say they have that much more information than we do

The pros have access to tape we don't have. They can talk to the player's coaches and find out what the prospect was SUPPOSED to do on that tape as opposed to what they actually did. Some players will look worse on tape than they actually are because mistakes other players made them look bad, the scouts have the ability to find that stuff out.

They have relationships with the kids coaches. They can go back and interview HS coaches as well as their college coaches. They can talk to the kid himself.

They've got a TON more information.

They also have the evaluations of our own players and a better perspective on what we need and what we're looking for and what we're hoping to achieve.

rmartin65
04-28-2012, 04:28 PM

Hey, congrats man!

The Redskins drafted a QB in the 4th round, in addition to RG3 in the first.

TimeKiller
04-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Congrats!

The Redskins picked two QBs this year. ESPN cried a river.

The Pencil Neck
04-28-2012, 04:29 PM
There goes Hanna, The Pencil Neck will be bummed, but if he wanted to see him Hanna will play close by.

Well. Crap.

Now I hate him.

Maddict5
04-28-2012, 04:31 PM
1. College body of work
3. Coach evaluations

cmon now i think you're selling em short

they have the all 22 view or whatever its called so they get better evaluations with that. most draftniks have their tv angles.

they have workouts (which are more important than combine measurables etc)

proper interviews (ie not your generic media ones either), background checks etc etc

its like me playing a game of poker with a pro. either of us might win because luck is always involved but its a completely diferent ballgame whats going on at both sides of the table

beerlover
04-28-2012, 04:34 PM
Markelle Martin is still available I thought he was the 3rd or 4th best safety prospect?

TimeKiller
04-28-2012, 04:37 PM
:yawn:

Can there be a seperate thread for all this noise?

kiwitexansfan
04-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Markelle Martin is still available I thought he was the 3rd or 4th best safety prospect?

I think it is one of those things where the insiders must know something we don't.

I guess we will see if he was good twice a year.

The Pencil Neck
Vontaze Burfict.

That would be a crazy pick at this point.

But...

NitroGSXR
what has them all butt hurt? I can't check because i am at the hospital because my first born son was just born!

whoo hoo!!

EVOLVIST

Yeah, true. I wouldn't mind having this guy at all. Not much of a ballhawk, but he sure can cover.

Ooops. The Tacks just took him.

Errant Hothy

Every year for the last several, there seems to be a safety that plummets in the draft. I'm starting to get the notion that after DT, safety is one of the hardest positions to properly evaluate.

And as I typed that, Martin goes to the BESFs.

beerlover
04-28-2012, 04:39 PM
damn tits took Martin just as soon as I mentioned him :foottap:

Dutchrudder
Markelle Martin to the Titans :(

gtexan02
None of the remaining corners really look that interesting to me personally... :(

beerlover
04-28-2012, 04:41 PM
None of the remaining corners really look that interesting to me personally... :(

Alfonzo Dennard?

WolverineFan
04-28-2012, 04:41 PM

Trevin Wade (CB, Arizona)?

Has he been drafted?

gtexan02
04-28-2012, 04:42 PM
Alfonzo Dennard?

Trevin Wade (CB, Arizona)?

Has he been drafted?

I'm worried about top end speed with the rest of the prospects.

EVOLVIST
04-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Alfonzo Dennard?

He's in jail right now, isn't he? I think so.

bigbrewster2000
whoo hoo!!

Yeah totally awesome. This is a great day! So it looks like for the most part we really got some nice prospects here. I am already getting pumped for training camp

Thorn
two more picks and we are up. :)

The Pencil Neck
04-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Alfonzo Dennard?

Or Minniefield?

mussop
04-28-2012, 04:44 PM

Congrats!!!!!

beerlover
04-28-2012, 04:45 PM
I would trade Jacoby for a 6th rd. pick now :)

TexCanada
04-28-2012, 04:46 PM
An ILB would be nice, or maybe take Streeter and hope he can develop.

ziggy29
04-28-2012, 04:47 PM
here we go...

beerlover
Audie Cole is still on the board too

gtexan02
LOL, thanks for the neg rep Marcus. And profanity laced to boot. Hilarious :D I think you are taking this way, way too seriously. I tried to find a post of yours to respond to or even a way to PM you, but I can't even see where you've posted in this thread.

I'll happily defend what I posted before though. I feel like the NFL draft is similar to the stock market. Paid professionals have access to more information, but sometimes more information does not really translate to more knowledge. The most important piece of information out there is the college tape. While we dont' have access to the All 22, its not impossible to get a good bit of information about a player based on what we do have. Thats part of the reason that the "draftniks" process frequently results in a pretty strong simlarity to the actual draft order.

Sure an individual may only get 5-10/32 1st round picks correctly, but the majority of "1st round" guys got picked in or close to the first round.

Why you felt me saying that we have access to a lot of the information scouts do (including the combine being televised) deserved a profanity laced neg rep is beyond me. Take a chill pill, you're quickly slipping on my big board of posters I respect (thats supposed to be a joke)

kiwitexansfan
none of the remaining corners really look that interesting to me personally... :(

take dennard

TimeKiller
04-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Wow, McNutt gone 1 before the Texans pick!

TexCanada
Texans on the clock!

kiwitexansfan
There goes one of my favoured WRs McNutt.

EVOLVIST
take dennard

He's in jail, dude. The Texans are not going to call his name while he's sitting in the poke.

Thorn
We're on the board. Our last pick of the day. Unless they trade jacoby for a 7th or something. Hell, I'd take the last pick in the draft for him.

The Pencil Neck
04-28-2012, 04:49 PM
We're on the board. Our last pick of the day. Unless they trade jacoby for a 7th or something. Hell, I'd take the last pick in the draft for him.

Last pick of the draft is compensatory and can't be traded.

ziggy29
04-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Nick Mondek, OT, Purdue.

TexCanada
04-28-2012, 04:50 PM
An OT, I can't claim to know much about him.

Marcus
04-28-2012, 04:51 PM
I would trade Jacoby for a 6th rd. pick now :)

What team would be stupid enough to do that?

TimeKiller
Commercial break lol.....

Errant Hothy
Baring a trade for another pick this will be Rick's first draft not picking a CB.

Thorn
Another offensive lineman. No drafting of defensive backs today, that actually kind of surprises me.

rmartin65
OT Nick Mondek, Purdue

I know nothing about this guy

TexCanada
Another offensive lineman. No drafting of defensive backs today, that actually kind of surprises me.

Wade must be confident in Harris stepping up this year.

ziggy29
04-28-2012, 04:52 PM

It was a really weak draft at the CB position.

Blake
04-28-2012, 04:52 PM
That would really hurt if A, I was a dramatically over sensitive girlish guy like you or B, didn't know you said it out of jealousy.

Lol - good one. Hey why don't you make a list of 25 players the Texans should take, and then as the Texans select a player not on your list, come back and say "oh he should have been on my list too"

Cause you are really really really good at this draft stuff.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

gtexan02
04-28-2012, 04:53 PM
Scouts Inc rates him as the #67 tackle prospect
However, their rankings dont' take into account system and since we run the ZBS I can see him as a specialty player?

He's 6'6 300 pounds and runs a 4.8 so thats impressive. Maybe we'll convert him to TE :D

Marcus
04-28-2012, 04:53 PM
OT Nick Mondek, Purdue

I know nothing about this guy

LOL! The pick must truly suck then.:)

beerlover
04-28-2012, 04:55 PM

if your not a Rick Smith guy then yeah it does :)

kiwitexansfan
04-28-2012, 05:05 PM
He's in jail, dude. The Texans are not going to call his name while he's sitting in the poke.

Really, what for?

Well that explains a lot. :kitten:

rmartin65
04-28-2012, 05:06 PM

Wow, nice shot! Unless I misread there...

I only dislike picks I have watched. I know nothing about this guy, but am intrigued by his measurables. In fact, in the draft grades I just posted I graded it as a C, since I dont know anything about the guy.

bigbrewster2000
04-28-2012, 05:07 PM
Congrats!!!!!

Thanks for all the congrats guys! I am always pleased when ESPN gets butt hurt about what a team does. They may have drafted that kid from Michigan right? But I doubt he does much but play receiver or KR I bet. General playmaker anyway.

mussop
04-28-2012, 05:09 PM
Really, what for?

I told you this the other day. Guess you didn't see it.

Errant Hothy
04-28-2012, 05:12 PM
Really, what for?

Punched a cop.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7846633/bond-ex-nebraska-cornhuskers-cornerback-alfonzo-dennard-set-5000

EVOLVIST
04-28-2012, 05:12 PM
Really, what for?

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2012/04/21/us/ap-fbc-nebraska-dennard-arrest.html

Among other things, assaulting a police officer, five days before the draft. :wadepalm:

kiwitexansfan
04-28-2012, 05:16 PM
I told you this the other day. Guess you didn't see it.

No I didn't.

Thanks for the info.

Sad.

Guy lost himself a lot of money.

Errant Hothy
04-28-2012, 05:33 PM
Nice to see another Rice Owl get drafted, as Solomon goes to the BESFs.

FirstTexansFan
04-28-2012, 05:53 PM
Seriously folks, take that crap to PM's :kubepalm:

Lucky
04-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Post about the draft or don't post in this thread.

Rey
04-28-2012, 06:05 PM
PAtriots take Dennard....

kiwitexansfan
04-28-2012, 06:06 PM
PAtriots take Dennard....

Huge bargain in the 7th, second day talent at worst.

kiwitexansfan
04-28-2012, 06:06 PM
My other draft crush Audie Cole goes to the Vikings.

NCTexan
04-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Dang, I leave to take one exam and this thread doubles in page length. I'm glad we got Bullock!

Edit: No tight ends? Weird.

ziggy29
Huge bargain in the 7th, second day talent at worst.

And Belichick isn't shy about taking a chance on guys with character issues.

The Pencil Neck
Aw, well, there goes Molk.

Wolf
04-28-2012, 06:09 PM
wonder if the Rams will take a gamble and pick DC Gregg Williams with the 252 pick

:kitten:

Lucky
04-28-2012, 06:13 PM
And Belichick isn't shy about taking a chance on guys with character issues.
Other than this incident, did Dennard have any other issues? Seems out of the blue. Not that I was high on the Texans taking him, as he is just a nickel CB.

ziggy29
04-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Other than this incident, did Dennard have any other issues?

Not that I know of, but assaulting a cop isn't a garden variety case of questionable judgment.

NCTexan
04-28-2012, 06:15 PM
Chase Minnifield still on the board? That surprises me.

I hope we pick him up as a UDFA

Errant Hothy
04-28-2012, 06:17 PM
Not that I know of, but assaulting a cop isn't a garden variety case of questionable judgment.

The timing of the event brings up even more questions.

kiwitexansfan
04-28-2012, 06:19 PM
Other than this incident, did Dennard have any other issues? Seems out of the blue. Not that I was high on the Texans taking him, as he is just a nickel CB.

Not according to Pelini.

I think he can be better than a nickel cb. He would work really well in a man to man scheme.

ziggy29
04-28-2012, 06:21 PM
The timing of the event brings up even more questions.
Agreed. I think it would scare off almost any coach not named Bill Belichick.

The Pencil Neck
04-28-2012, 06:34 PM
And of course, the Buccaneers take our 7th round pick and choose a TE.

Dutchrudder
04-28-2012, 06:53 PM
Chase Minnifield still on the board? That surprises me.

I hope we pick him up as a UDFA

I'll be disappointed if the Browns pass on Chase with their 7th comp picks. He's a good kid, just needs to recover from his injuries.

NCTexan
04-28-2012, 07:34 PM
I'll be disappointed if the Browns pass on Chase with their 7th comp picks. He's a good kid, just needs to recover from his injuries.

Well hopefully we can take advantage of it now. I agree 100%. I was born and raised a UVa fan, so I would be big on this pick up.