PDA

View Full Version : Scream at me I don't care!

badboy
04-27-2012, 11:55 AM
Did any of you notice the number of posters on this site durning the draft? TT is adding new folks constantly. What if you logged on April 26th to read and discuss the NFL draft and there was no Texans Talk? I will probably get reputation for always bringing up donations but I could care less this site keeps me and others sitting behind a computer rather than doing some other things we might shouldn't do. You know who you are!!

Hey folks (newcomers especially) Kevin (Hook'em Horns) with the help of volunteers maintain and manage this site. Yeah, I understand there are some advertising dollars but it make me feel good to contribute a bit every month.

So eyeballs up to the green "Donate" in above red colored bar and follow prompts.

Thanks!!

Steve

Mods will move but I wanted to attract as much attention as possible.

Line_Producer
04-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Very True. What is $20 for as much time as I spend on here reading about my beloved Texans. I'm pretty sure that my internet cred just got upped to Honey Badger level.

Nice post, homie.

Dutchrudder
04-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Scream at me I don't care!

Don't mind if I do...

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr14/themishkin/brick-loud-noises-b-1.jpg

Big Lou
04-27-2012, 12:30 PM
Did any of you notice the number of posters on this site durning the draft? TT is adding new folks constantly. What if you logged on April 26th to read and discuss the NFL draft and there was no Texans Talk? I will probably get reputation for always bringing up donations but I could care less this site keeps me and others sitting behind a computer rather than doing some other things we might shouldn't do. You know who you are!!

Hey folks (newcomers especially) Kevin (Hook'em Horns) with the help of volunteers maintain and manage this site. Yeah, I understand there are some advertising dollars but it make me feel good to contribute a bit every month.

So eyeballs up to the green "Donate" in above red colored bar and follow prompts.

Thanks!!

Steve

I'm ashamed to say I have never contributed. My wife lost her job and she has stayed home with the kids for the last 5 years, and we've been trying to keep her at home as long as possible. Long story short she will have to go back to work in September and money will pour from the heavens. At that time I will become a regular contributor!!!!!

TT is awesome, many thanks to all that manage the site, and all the colorful characters on the board!!!

TheIronDuke
04-27-2012, 12:41 PM
I will if the banner is replaced with current Texans players.

badboy
04-27-2012, 01:58 PM
I'm ashamed to say I have never contributed. My wife lost her job and she has stayed home with the kids for the last 5 years, and we've been trying to keep her at home as long as possible. Long story short she will have to go back to work in September and money will pour from the heavens. At that time I will become a regular contributor!!!!!

TT is awesome, many thanks to all that manage the site, and all the colorful characters on the board!!!:truck: who you talking about!LOL

No problems dude, contribute when you can. Congratulations on wife's income.

badboy
04-27-2012, 01:59 PM
I will if the banner is replaced with current Texans players.Banner doesn't keep you from posting/ reading right?

Thorn
04-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Ban badboy!!1!

Hey, that rhymes. :)

:lol:

TimeKiller
04-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Banner doesn't keep you from posting/ reading right?

No but it is getting a little behind the times...

I do what I can when I can. Banner or no banner.

TheIronDuke
04-27-2012, 02:54 PM
Banner doesn't keep you from posting/ reading right?

No but I'm hoping the admins see that and change the banner. I'll literally pay money to have the banner changed. Mario and DeMeco tackling a Saints uniform-laden Reggie Bush is ancient history. Might as well have Travis Johnson taunting that old Dolphins QB lying unconcious if we're gonna live in the past.

badboy
04-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Ban badboy!!1!

Hey, that rhymes. :)

:lol:And if you were LeeAnne Rimes.....

Hookem Horns
04-27-2012, 03:44 PM
No but I'm hoping the admins see that and change the banner. I'll literally pay money to have the banner changed. Mario and DeMeco tackling a Saints uniform-laden Reggie Bush is ancient history. Might as well have Travis Johnson taunting that old Dolphins QB lying unconcious if we're gonna live in the past.

All banners with x-players have been removed. However Eric Winston and Jacoby Jones (I know wishful thinking) are in this one http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/mb_header2.jpg .. should we remove that one too?

Thorn
04-27-2012, 03:44 PM
And if you were LeeAnne Rimes.....

....I wouldn't be a mime

http://sp.life123.com/bm.pix/mime1.s600x600.jpg

ObsiWan
04-27-2012, 03:46 PM

Thanks!!

Steve

I won't scream at you.

TheIronDuke
04-27-2012, 03:49 PM
All banners with x-players have been removed. However Eric Winston and Jacoby Jones (I know wishful thinking) are in this one http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/mb_header2.jpg .. should we remove that one too?

I still see the DeMeco and Mario one with DeMeco in the top left. Hate to be complaining but if I went to an opposing team's site and they had a picture of one of their ex-players tackling Steve Slaton I'd think I'd have accidentally entered a time warp.

Joe Texan
04-27-2012, 05:45 PM
Yall are always doing a great job and if someone comes here to look at pictures big deal this is the mos informative board for the general public I have encountered.

badboy
04-27-2012, 06:11 PM
....I wouldn't be a mime

http://sp.life123.com/bm.pix/mime1.s600x600.jpgNot even some TIMES? I can keep this up all night. Uh, oh. Don't go there. I was really hoping more of the new folks would step up and send some funds in.

Hookem Horns
04-28-2012, 09:39 AM
I still see the DeMeco and Mario one with DeMeco in the top left. Hate to be complaining but if I went to an opposing team's site and they had a picture of one of their ex-players tackling Steve Slaton I'd think I'd have accidentally entered a time warp.

You're still caching the old stuff. Clear your cache or give it a day or 2. I took that one out of the rotation.

infantrycak
04-28-2012, 09:56 AM

Thanks!!

Steve

I know Hookem and everyone who volunteers their time appreciates the contributions made. This place is an odd combo. People who met before and then talked on the internet like the Blue Crew and then people who met here and then have met in person like edo (de oppresso liber my friend), Vinny, DB, CnD, Corrosion, Bill, Grandma, Texans Chick, etc. (just too many to list) since then.

Classic definition of a community even if we don't all live in the same neighborhood.

badboy
04-28-2012, 11:59 AM
I know Hookem and everyone who volunteers their time appreciates the contributions made. This place is an odd combo. People who met before and then talked on the internet like the Blue Crew and then people who met here and then have met in person like edo (de oppresso liber my friend), Vinny, DB, CnD, Corrosion, Bill, Grandma, Texans Chick, etc. (just too many to list) since then.

Classic definition of a community even if we don't all live in the same neighborhood.

I call it extended family. I've met some of you and feel like I know most from MB. A pretty good clan over all.

DocBar
04-28-2012, 01:39 PM
:overreact::hairpull: