PDA

View Full Version : Texans showing some interest in Boulware

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
05-13-2005, 02:53 PM
Texans | Some Interest in Boulware - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 13 May 2005 11:41:58 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Houston Texans are showing some level of interest in free agent LB Peter Boulware (Ravens).

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

royce1054
05-13-2005, 02:56 PM
that would be a great signing

Texans1984
05-13-2005, 03:05 PM
it would be nice but is it worth singing him

El Tejano
05-13-2005, 03:07 PM
I am not going to believe it til I see it.

I am too used to FAs using us as leverage to get the money they want from the team they really wanna be on.

Tailgate
05-13-2005, 03:12 PM
It is also reported that Boulware really wants to play for the Colts due to them being a super bowl contender at this time.

Texan Dave
05-13-2005, 03:12 PM
If we were to get him, it would definately be an undisputed upgrade. It would also be at least 5 sacks added to the total IMO. Coming off of an injury year, he'll be the right price.

Fiddy
05-13-2005, 03:14 PM
It is also reported that Boulware really wants to play for the Colts due to them being a super bowl contender at this time.Looks at the Colts cap situation... :heh: :highfive:

ThaShark316
05-13-2005, 03:39 PM
Man, this would be sicker than the plague....hopefully we can get PB (the OTHER PB :heh: )

infantrycak
05-13-2005, 03:53 PM
If we were to get him, it would definately be an undisputed upgrade. It would also be at least 5 sacks added to the total IMO. Coming off of an injury year, he'll be the right price.

I'm not at all convinced that would be true either for this year or the future. Boulware is 31 now. Baltimore runs their 3-4 somewhat differently and I don't think he has been asked to drop into coverage near as much as we expect our LB's to drop. In addition, if you put him in as the starter you might as well wad up the 3rd round pick used on Peek and chuck it--his time to show he has it or does not is now.

ArlingtonTexan
05-13-2005, 04:41 PM
I'm not at all convinced that would be true either for this year or the future. Boulware is 31 now. Baltimore runs their 3-4 somewhat differently and I don't think he has been asked to drop into coverage near as much as we expect our LB's to drop. In addition, if you put him in as the starter you might as well wad up the 3rd round pick used on Peek and chuck it--his time to show he has it or does not is now.

Honestly, I think the Texans have unwadded that pick already. They have turned to unproven talent at every position when given the opportunity and Peek really is the only guy that they have "waited on" to develop.

I have no issue with them getting Boulware as long it is some incentive ladden prove you are healthy and as somewhat close to your reputation offer. Overall, of the guys that the Texans have had any interest in for that spot, he is the only one with a history of playing in any type of 3-4 and has proven that, IF HEALTHY, he can sack the QB.

Porky
05-13-2005, 04:44 PM

I don't disagree with some of that, but who do we have behind Peek? Our LB depth is pathetic. I guess my question is would PB sign under the terms that he would not be handed the starting assignment, and would compete with Peek in camp, with the loser coming off the bench? Why shouldn't Peek have to earn his spot?

Vinny
05-13-2005, 04:47 PM
If we signed Boulware, I'm sure he would be a situational player at this point in his career.

Boulware, who has not played in more than 16 months because of knee and toe injuries, was expected to take a diminished role with the Ravens this season. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/11/AR2005051101965.html

El Tejano
05-13-2005, 04:59 PM
I think though, that even Boulware understands he probably isn't going to be a starter at this point in his career, but then again you never know.

infantrycak
05-13-2005, 05:05 PM
I don't disagree with some of that, but who do we have behind Peek? Our LB depth is pathetic. I guess my question is would PB sign under the terms that he would not be handed the starting assignment, and would compete with Peek in camp, with the loser coming off the bench? Why shouldn't Peek have to earn his spot?

Don't get me wrong folks. I wouldn't mind Boulware coming to the Texans. My post was in response to someone saying he would be an immediate substantial upgrade. I don't think that is true, but of course Peek or anyone should have to earn their starting job. My bet is if he came here it would be for a depth/situational player, not as an obvious starter.

Vinny
05-13-2005, 05:23 PM
Boulware has yet to play a single snap from his Dec. 21, 2003 injury (and the following surgery) - he carries a certain amount of risk. I can't see bringing him in other than a situational guy you may hope can give you starter quality play.

Porky
05-13-2005, 05:36 PM
Well, if he understands his role (ie competes for a starter spot, but more likely the first guy off the bench) AND the price is right, I think he would be a substantial upgrade. An upgrade from a depth position that is. Of course, he is a risk as Vinny says, due to injury concerns and age. But, I don't like our OLB depth right now. If Peek underperforms, or if Babin or Peek have a long term injury, we are in deep doodoo.

Texas_Thrill
05-13-2005, 05:42 PM
I have to disagree here. I think you have to remember an established athlete's EGO and him just saying i'm taking a backseat like that I can't see. If he was ok with taking a reduced role he would have stayed with the RAVENS.

As far as signing with us i'm AGAINST it. We have no DEPTH? We have 17 LB's on our roster. There better be some DEPTH somewhere in there or we been wasting money.

I think if we have made the decision to go with youth let's not go against that now by signing a 31 yr old LB. If we sign him we might has well have kept foreman and sharper and glenn.

TEXANS84
05-13-2005, 05:50 PM
In reguards to his age (which is similar to Sharpers), do you think he would get more than Sharper got in Seattle?

Porky
05-13-2005, 05:52 PM
I have to disagree here. I think you have to remember an established athlete's EGO and him just saying i'm taking a backseat like that I can't see. If he was ok with taking a reduced role he would have stayed with the RAVENS.

As far as signing with us i'm AGAINST it. We have no DEPTH? We have 17 LB's on our roster. There better be some DEPTH somewhere in there or we been wasting money.

I think if we have made the decision to go with youth let's not go against that now by signing a 31 yr old LB. If we sign him we might has well have kept foreman and sharper and glenn.

I don't care if we have 3143 LB's on our roster if they can't play. Maybe I should have stated QUALITY depth, since that seemed to go over your head. As for his ego, all athletes have an ego. They all want to start. They should. Would you rather have a LB come in with the idea that he will warm the bench, and bring water out to the guys during timeouts? I hope he comes in here (if he signs) with the idea that he will start. That will push Peek, and no matter who wins, the team is the better for it. :dangit:

Texas_Thrill
05-13-2005, 05:52 PM
Not a chance he get's sharper money. He hasn't played in forever due to injuries it seems like. I dont think anyone is going to pay him what sharper got. We didnt release sharper b/c of injuries or inability to play. We did b/c his cap # was huge and we were going with youth.

Lucky
05-13-2005, 05:53 PM
I think the question regarding Boulware is the status of his knee injury. If it's ready to go, then Boulware is an upgrade over Peek. He averaged nearly 10 sacks a game from '97-'03 & plays the run much better than Peek. There's really no comparision, one guy has done it, one guy hasn't. If the knee is not ready to go full tilt, don't bring Boulware in. Peek or bust.

As Texan fans, we tend to overvalue the players on our roster. Nowhere else will you see fans consider a healthy Peter Boulware having to compete for a job against a Peek type player. Of course if Boulware's knee is healthy, he'll want to get paid accordingly. Other teams will be interested & he won't come cheap. My guess would be that Boulware will get a better offer from Cleveland (they need good pub) or Seattle.

Vinny
05-13-2005, 06:04 PM
As far as signing with us i'm AGAINST it. We have no DEPTH? We have 17 LB's on our roster. There better be some DEPTH somewhere in there or we been wasting money. Adding a guy like Boulware is an upgrade in depth. Guys like Peek, Babin, Greenwood, and Wong are locks. Players like Evans, Moreno, Chamberlin, Monk, Quincy, Acholonu, Cheatwood, Polk, Orr, Moretti, Anderson, Pettway, Dunn, Harrison are fighting for special teams spots mainly. The roster is bloated because there are a lot of players looking for a few open roster spots on every team.

jacquescas
05-13-2005, 06:04 PM
Boulware is definately an upgrade over Peek, but i would rather have Peek start, bring Boulware in on passing situations as an extra DE or something, I really wanna see what Peek can do over the course of a season and Boulware probably has only 2 good years left tops.

I just dont see him coming here.

wags
05-13-2005, 06:12 PM
I just dont see him coming here.

Well I didn't see us going after Pace, getting Buchanan, releasing Glenn and Sharper, or drafting T. Johnson. I had to redo my entire madden franchise. :mad:

jacquescas
05-13-2005, 06:21 PM
ya but we have been adding youth to our team, other than he Pace shot, and he is still young for the position. Boulware is over 30 coming off an injury and has been away for a year. He would be better served going to the Colts where he would get more playing time. Peek and Babin wont let him see the field.

ArlingtonTexan
05-13-2005, 07:20 PM
from the Len P most recent Tip sheet on espn.com

Nothing is imminent, but judging from the volume of initial inquiries concerning Peter Boulware fielded by agent Roosevelt Barnes in the wake of the linebacker's release by the Baltimore Ravens Wednesday, the eight-year veteran won't spend too much time in the unemployment line. Unless, that is, his contract demands are so lofty they scare off some suitors. As of Thursday evening, Barnes had heard from eight teams. The clubs were mostly performing their preliminary due diligence – "kicking the tires," so to speak – and attempting to ascertain the state of Boulware's health after he spent the entire 2004 season on the physically unable to perform list with knee and toe injuries. Barnes was trying to separate the contenders truly interested in his client from the pretenders. Word is that Boulware, a four-time Pro Bowl pick, rejected an offer from the Ravens that would have reduced his scheduled base salary of $6 million for 2005 to $2 million, with the ability to recoup an additional $2 million in incentives. Translation: It's going to take more than a minimum salary deal to attract Boulware, who as recently as 2003 played in the Pro Bowl. Barnes declined to get into a discussion of finances with ESPN.com, but did insist that Boulware is all but recovered from injuries that have kept him off the field since the penultimate game of the '03 campaign. "From what Pete tells me," Barnes said, "he feels confident he could play an entire game right now. Certainly, once he gets into a team's training program and into camp, he'll only get even stronger." Barnes said that Boulware is not looking just for an opportunity to be a situational pass-rusher but wants to start if possible and that he would even consider playing defensive end. Among the teams demonstrating varying degrees of curiosity: Washington, Seattle, Cleveland, San Francisco, Chicago and Houston. The franchise that Boulware privately hopes will call him is Indianapolis. He feels the Colts are a Super Bowl contender, admires coach Tony Dungy and envisions himself teaming with Dwight Freeney to provide the club a formidable outside pass rush. Problem is, Indianapolis already has an upfield presence opposite Freeney in third-year veteran Robert Mathis, who collected 10˝ sacks in '04 on the left side. After flirting with the idea of moving Mathis to linebacker, Colts coaches have decided to keep him at end. Expect Boulware to strongly consider Seattle, where his younger brother, Michael Boulware, is the Seahawks' starting strong safety. But the Seahawks might have to ante up more than the $2.5 million (which includes a $1.5 million signing bonus) they recently awarded free agent Jamie Sharper, another former Baltimore linebacker, on a five-year deal. Sharper is a guy who makes tackles. Boulware, if healthy, is a guy who makes game-altering plays.

wags
05-13-2005, 07:31 PM
Word is that Boulware, a four-time Pro Bowl pick, rejected an offer from the Ravens that would have reduced his scheduled base salary of $6 million for 2005 to $2 million, with the ability to recoup an additional $2 million in incentives. Translation: It's going to take more than a minimum salary deal to attract Boulware, who as recently as 2003 played in the Pro Bowl.

We probably have the cash to make a serious run at this guy.

If we keep taking players from the Ravens, maybe we could eventually get Ray-Ray. :pigfly:

Vinny
05-13-2005, 07:39 PM
Reading between all those lines, it looks like he feels he can still play at or near 100%. As stated by others above, if he is healthy, he is a heck of a player.

TexanFan881
05-13-2005, 08:27 PM
As Texan fans, we tend to overvalue the players on our roster. Nowhere else will you see fans consider a healthy Peter Boulware having to compete for a job against a Peek type player.

I have to agree 100 percent with this. Peter Boulware is a four-time pro bowler and I don't care how old he is. Just because he is already 31 doesn't mean he can't play. This team needs some veteran starters, having a team of all young players isn't always an advantage.

dalemurphy
05-13-2005, 08:55 PM
I hope this dont happen. PEEK DESERVE THIS START.

What he deserves, is to get paid the contract the team signed him to, regardless of how much or how little he plays. Also, he deserves the opportunity to compete for the job and start if he proves to be the best option the team has at the given position.

I wouldn't worry about the Texans signing Boulware with a promise that the job is his. Capers believes in competition and I think this offseason has proven that they don't plan to rely on 30+ year old veterans when they have young talent waiting in the wings.

Texan Dave
05-13-2005, 10:48 PM

Even as a back up he would be an upgrade, when you have Boulware pass rushing, you will get sacks. Peek can't play every down, not in the pass happy AFC, unless he's in some kind of superhuman shape.

TexanFan881
05-13-2005, 11:17 PM
If we get Peter Boulware I think that he will definately be starting. Peter is a better player than Peek and in a few years or so when Peter retires Peek can have his chance if we get boulware. It is a joke that we would sign a pro bowler so he could sit on the bench and back up Peek.

If we got Boulware our starting four linebackers would look like this:

Jason Babin Morlon Greenwood Kailee Wong Peter Boulware
Charlie Anderson Zeke Moreno DaShon Polk Antwan Peek

I think if we got Boulware it would instantly make an impact on the defensive side of the ball. In our front seven we don't really have a play-maker and we could really use one.

edo783
05-13-2005, 11:42 PM
Not more than a few days ago LOTS of folks were lamenting that Peek needed to have his chance, because he was "A playmaker" "A real difference maker" and now I see some of the same folks jumping on the Boulware wagon. As depth, Boulware make sense, but to have someone that age come in to replace one of the young hotdogs will only delay his HOPED FOR development. IMO, everyone needs to quit hopping around like Mexican Jumping Beans for each new thing.

Texas_Thrill
05-13-2005, 11:49 PM
I'm don't think we have a pressing need to have a veteran starter at LB. What is Wong???? No he's not a boulware but if we made a decision to get rid of sharper why bring in boulware?

As far as helping with our DEPTH we don't know what these other players can do and they won't see the field with a player like boulware around. We need to give them the chance to prove themselves for 3-4 years down the road. Newsflash we aren't competing for a superbowl this year.

Give those OTHER players a chance that way down the road we've established something rather than just bringing in a TEMP fix who won't be around when we are ready for a superbowl run in 2-3 years.

wags
05-14-2005, 12:11 AM
Newsflash we aren't competing for a superbowl this year.

Really? Well you need to call Carr, Johnson, Davis, and D-Rob because they plan on winning now. :dangit:

ArlingtonTexan
05-14-2005, 08:51 AM
Yup... WORD! How many times can you railroad Peek and not lose him. How many times can you pass over a guy before he finaly gets angry. Capers started Clemons over Peek, Wong over Peek and now Boulware over Peek. Not gonna work, he will be the next Steve Foley/Jeff Posey if we are not careful.

the only good year Posey had was with the Texans. Foley was a surprise to even the Chargers having a good year for the first time in a four or five year stint in the NFL.

Peek is not starting because of Peek. The team has given young unproven players jobs sometimes at the cost of dumbing down the systems. If Peek were that good, he would have the job secure already. He has made two or three plays good plays, jumped around a bit and made an equal amount or more of penalities and/or stupid plays.

I hope that he does well a starter and proves me wrong, but the only thing I have seen in Peek is a fast player who gets excited. He has shown me nothing that says he is actually a good football player.

Texan in Japan
05-14-2005, 11:47 AM
I say bring Boulware in for a visit evaluate his health and see what kind of contract he's looking for. He is a playmaker and if healthy would elevate our defensive intensity and pass rush.

Tailgate
05-14-2005, 11:53 AM
Yup... WORD! How many times can you railroad Peek and not lose him. How many times can you pass over a guy before he finaly gets angry. Capers started Clemons over Peek, Wong over Peek and now Boulware over Peek. Not gonna work, he will be the next Steve Foley/Jeff Posey if we are not careful.

As long as we want to.... we are paying his salary.

Wolf
05-14-2005, 12:16 PM
Not more than a few days ago LOTS of folks were lamenting that Peek needed to have his chance, because he was "A playmaker" "A real difference maker" and now I see some of the same folks jumping on the Boulware wagon. As depth, Boulware make sense, but to have someone that age come in to replace one of the young hotdogs will only delay his HOPED FOR development. IMO, everyone needs to quit hopping around like Mexican Jumping Beans for each new thing.

too funny!.. It is weird how when Sharper and Glenn were here ..losing a step came into question about when we released them... (salary too)..yet with PB..we are more than happy (well I am too) to see if we could get a player at 31 coming off toe and knee injuries..

I am all for PB coming to compete for a spot, I just find it funny how point of views change on players.

I also wonder if Baltimore fans are saying about PB what we said about Glenn/sharper..losing a step.

Tailgate
05-14-2005, 01:14 PM
I also wonder if Baltimore fans are saying about PB what we said about Glenn/sharper..losing a step.

Well.... considering they havent seen him play since 2003 I doubt it.

Fiddy
05-14-2005, 01:17 PM
Well.... considering they havent seen him play since 2003 I doubt it.All the more reason to think he has...

D-ReK
05-14-2005, 07:25 PM
Texans | Harrison Released - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 13 May 2005 15:28:17 -0700

The Associated Press reports the Houston Texans have released LB Tyreo Harrison. He was signed by the team January 19.

With Harrison released, that leaves a roster spot open...I bet we're about to make a big run at Boulware...

:heh: How's that for overreacting?

F-minus67
05-14-2005, 07:44 PM
I don't know about picking him up, his production has been slipping the last couple of years and picking him up will stunt the development of our younger players.

TexanFanInCC
05-14-2005, 07:53 PM
where would PB play if he was a starter??? do u really think the texans are willing to replace wong, much less, greenwood, who was signed to a bg deal???

D-ReK
05-14-2005, 07:58 PM
Wong and Greenwood are both going to be ILBs, Boulware is an OLB...If we were to sign him, he'd most likely take the ROLB job away from Peek...

ojthecat
05-14-2005, 09:34 PM
Wong and Greenwood are both going to be ILBs, Boulware is an OLB...If we were to sign him, he'd most likely take the ROLB job away from Peek...

If you look at Capers history he likes to have a lot of really good LB that he platoons and brings at the quaterback from all angles. The addtion of another LB is a good thing. Look this will be the first year that most of you have seen Capers system. He will be bringing the LB in blitz from all angles. You need extra LB when you do this they can get tired fast.

TexanFan881
05-14-2005, 10:59 PM
The Redskins signed Warrick Holdman, the Bears are meeting with Anthony Simmons, and the Packers stated that Boulware is unlikely to go to Green Bay so there is three teams I definately don't see getting him.

Hervoyel
05-14-2005, 11:10 PM
If it's ready to go, then Boulware is an upgrade over Peek. He averaged nearly 10 sacks a game from '97-'03 & plays the run much better than Peek.

Bring him on! If he's even half the player he was before getting injured then that's what? 80 sacks he's going to get us? ;)

We are going to the Super Bowl people, plan on it!

Lucky
05-14-2005, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky
If it's ready to go, then Boulware is an upgrade over Peek. He averaged nearly 10 sacks a game from '97-'03 & plays the run much better than Peek.
That was a little too optimistic. :slap: At least I know someone reads my posts. :)

Texan Dave
05-15-2005, 12:16 AM
Easy guys, I'm sure he meant 10 sacks a season. Derrick Thomas has been dead for quite some time now, I wonder if he would have been considered more successfull that L.T. had he played longer??

Carr Bombed
05-15-2005, 12:26 AM
I think the question regarding Boulware is the status of his knee injury. If it's ready to go, then Boulware is an upgrade over Peek. He averaged nearly 10 sacks a game from '97-'03 & plays the run much better than Peek. There's really no comparision, one guy has done it, one guy hasn't. If the knee is not ready to go full tilt, don't bring Boulware in. Peek or bust.

As Texan fans, we tend to overvalue the players on our roster. Nowhere else will you see fans consider a healthy Peter Boulware having to compete for a job against a Peek type player. Of course if Boulware's knee is healthy, he'll want to get paid accordingly. Other teams will be interested & he won't come cheap. My guess would be that Boulware will get a better offer from Cleveland (they need good pub) or Seattle.

As nfl fans, we tend to overvalue a players name and the past success he has had. I'm telling yall Boulware would be a horrible horrible signing. I live near dallas so I have the pleasure ( :brickwall curse) in listening in to all their offseason moves. The dallas cowboys are switching to the 3-4 this season and they have undersized lbs and are going to be going into camp with needs at that position and they don't even want to touch this guy and the rumors around the league are he has bad knees. I'm not saying Boulware can't be productive if put in the right role, but he has already stated that he wants to be a starter and wants to be paid like one. If yall are frustrated with the G. Walker contract, lets see how upset people get if we sign a 31 year old who hasn't played in a year comming off major knee surgery and toe injuries (yall have seen what toe injuries has done to G. Walker). Agian Boulware is 31, its not like a 25 or 26 year old comming off a knee injury at his age it takes alot longer to heal and he might not be anything like the player yall remember.The last thing we need to do is start signing names ala Hugh Douglas, Marceles Wiley, Warren Sapp, Emmit Smith, Eddie G., and so on and so on, if yall want me to go on I will. Boulware, sounds great, gets fans all excited and brings high expectations, but = BAD SIGNING, especialy at the deal he wants. Everybody praises the job New Englands front office has done during their Superbowl runs and how many Big Name signing did they make. Sometimes its best not to sign a Big name, especially one whos 31, hasn't played in a year and is comming off a MAJOR knee injury. Sometimes its best to give a player an opportunity to make a name for himself, ala Peek and the other quality young players we have on this team, they have alot more upside and are ALOT cheaper.

TexansTrueFan
05-15-2005, 12:31 AM
hmm is our whole Defense gonna consist of nothing but LBs this year or something ?

dalemurphy
05-15-2005, 03:05 AM
I don't think anyone here wants Boulware if the team doesn't check out his knees and find them in good health. Furthermore, nobody is suggesting that we sign him to an 8 million dollar signing bonus and a 5 year contract.

Regardless of what he wants, a competitive bid for a healthy Boulware that is structured in a cap-friendly way for probably two years, would be a good thing for this team to do. Boulware is not unlike Wong in that he could play 3 positions for this defense. He could play one of the ILB positions or either of the OLB positions... He would provide us great depth, whether he was starting or not.

Carr Bombed
05-15-2005, 03:32 AM
I don't think anyone here wants Boulware if the team doesn't check out his knees and find them in good health. Furthermore, nobody is suggesting that we sign him to an 8 million dollar signing bonus and a 5 year contract.

Regardless of what he wants, a competitive bid for a healthy Boulware that is structured in a cap-friendly way for probably two years, would be a good thing for this team to do. Boulware is not unlike Wong in that he could play 3 positions for this defense. He could play one of the ILB positions or either of the OLB positions... He would provide us great depth, whether he was starting or not.

Well I guess we don't have to worry about signing Boulware, since he doesn't want to take a short term back up role for the league min. If this team wants to go out and sign a FA splash. do so on the OL or the WR posistion, the last thing we need is a aging LB with rebuilt knees and wheels. Look I'm not trying to be hard on Boulware, but I've seen this story to many times and if yall forget yall are Texan fans for a sec., yall would realize this is not a good signing. Boulware is 31 , comming off a major knee injury and other foot problems and didn't play last year, at his age it is wishful thinking that he is going to be able to return to anything we once was. Believe me I hate to be the voice of reason here, but if any of our divisional rivals were to pull this deal off we would be hounding them.

Lucky
05-15-2005, 08:03 AM
...Boulware is 31 , comming off a major knee injury and other foot problems and didn't play last year, at his age it is wishful thinking that he is going to be able to return to anything we once was. Believe me I hate to be the voice of reason here, but if any of our divisional rivals were to pull this deal off we would be hounding them.
dalemurphy pretty much hit on my points. No one is suggesting signing Boulware unless his knee checks out. And if his knee does check out, why couldn't Boulware play at a level approaching his previous seasons? Jason Taylor & Simeon Rice are still getting to the QB, and they're the same age as Boulware. Don't tell me you wouldn't want the Texans to consider those guys. Or do they also pale in comparison to Antwan Peek?

Not that it matters, but Peter Boulware's birthday is 12/18/74. Which would make him 30 years of age until Week 15 of the '05 season. So if you're going to repeatedly post his age, you may as well get it right. FWIW, Boulware says he's healthy & has a couple of more good years left. I think Casserly would be derelict in his duty as GM if he didn't bring Boulware in for a physical & gauge his interest in joining the team. Here are some reasonable facts that are undeniable: Peter Boulware has 67.5 career sacks. Antwan Peek has 3 career sacks. I don't think I'd "hound" any team that was wise enough to sign Boulware.

TopTexanFan16
05-15-2005, 10:35 AM
Peter Boulware has 67.5 career sacks. Antwan Peek has 3 career sacks. I don't think I'd "hound" any team that was wise enough to sign Boulware.

of course hes going to have more sacks hes been playing longer and has been a starter to of which peek hasnt been. IMHO i would much rather have peek then someone we'd sign and he'd play maybe 1 or 2 more years with us. I think ur facts are skewed if your goin to compare peek and Boulware.

Lucky
05-15-2005, 10:55 AM
of course hes going to have more sacks hes been playing longer and has been a starter to of which peek hasnt been. IMHO i would much rather have peek then someone we'd sign and he'd play maybe 1 or 2 more years with us. I think ur facts are skewed if your goin to compare peek and Boulware.
I guess comparing Boulware to any reserve LB in the league is absurd. The reserve LB might be as good as a 4-time Pro Bowler if just given the chance. Do I really know that Dave Ragone isn't as good as Daunte Culpepper? The facts are "skewed" in Culpepper's favor, so I can't really compare the two.

Another "skewed" fact: Peek is in the last year of his contract. Do we really know how much longer he'll be around?

dalemurphy
05-15-2005, 12:04 PM
.......Get Boulware, heck of a player, Peek leaves and goes to indy or Jax and becomes the next Boulware.
Or dont pick up Boulware and let Peek show us what he can do.I am a BIG PEEK FAN, hope he gets is chance HERE! :whew I am glad Iam not making this decision.

Signing Boulware has nothing to do with what happens with Peek. Peek won't be going anywhere for two years. Whether he plays much or sits on the bench, he'll go where he's offered the most money. If he doesn't play, do you really think teams are going to be throwing $20 million dollar contracts at him?

Vinny
05-15-2005, 12:08 PM
I agree...Boulware was the FOURTH overall pick in the 1977 draft. Peek is not that kind of prospect.

http://drafthistory.com/years/1997.html

TexansTrueFan
05-15-2005, 12:11 PM
lets just keep on getting people so we can have the best off all positions, we need it so we can have the best chance to win

Carr Bombed
05-15-2005, 01:10 PM
dalemurphy pretty much hit on my points. No one is suggesting signing Boulware unless his knee checks out. And if his knee does check out, why couldn't Boulware play at a level approaching his previous seasons? Jason Taylor & Simeon Rice are still getting to the QB, and they're the same age as Boulware. Don't tell me you wouldn't want the Texans to consider those guys. Or do they also pale in comparison to Antwan Peek?

Not that it matters, but Peter Boulware's birthday is 12/18/74. Which would make him 30 years of age until Week 15 of the '05 season. So if you're going to repeatedly post his age, you may as well get it right. FWIW, Boulware says he's healthy & has a couple of more good years left. I think Casserly would be derelict in his duty as GM if he didn't bring Boulware in for a physical & gauge his interest in joining the team. Here are some reasonable facts that are undeniable: Peter Boulware has 67.5 career sacks. Antwan Peek has 3 career sacks. I don't think I'd "hound" any team that was wise enough to sign Boulware.

Sorry I was only 7 months off on his birthday, that makes a huge difference. Jason Taylor & Simeon Rice didn't miss a whole season last year and aren't comming off a major knee injury and I wouldn't know if they pale in comparison to peek, those are your words not mine since I've never said anything like that. Also of course Boulware is going to say he has a couple of years left in him, WHAT player wouldn't say that especialy when he is looking for a new team and contract. Sapp said the same thing last year and so did Eddie G. I find it completely ridiculous that when we cut sharper, who is about the same age and hasn't had a major knee injury or any other for that matter, people say he was getting to old and has lost a step, but when yall talk about Boulware, its "he is going to be great and a force". Look yall can disagree with me all yall want, but if he does come here and isn't like the player he was, the same people that are clammering for his services are going to be saying how stupid it was to sign him at the kind of money and conract he is going to demand, that is main reason I'm skitish about signing him.

TexanFan881
05-15-2005, 01:44 PM
I say we bring him in for a visit to see what shape he is in and if he is in good shape then we should bring him in for a reasonable price

dalemurphy
05-15-2005, 05:49 PM
You ever heard of a person named Steve Foley. :brickwall

Peek has two years left before he can be an unrestricted free agent. So, if Boulware is too old or injured, then you don't have to worry about Peek not getting a chance to start and show his talents. If Boulware plays every game and plays well and also Babin stays healthy and plays well then it was a good signing. Furthermore, when Peek becomes a FA after 2006, how much money do you think people will offer a career backup with a handful of sacks who was drafted in the third round?

Cincinnatikid
05-15-2005, 09:17 PM
There are many "career backups" that are offered money by other teams because they realize the potential that the play has and hasnt been given a chance to show it. If Peek does not start this season then there is no reason for the Texans to be making it very difficult for another team to sign him next season. I think there would be plenty of teams willing to give up a third rounder for him, because they know what he could do. If the texans want to tender him higher than that, then he is worth something and he should be the starter. The problem with this message board is that all of these rumors start, everyone gets all worked up, and they change their minds every other day about how they feel about players. They need to learn to form an opinion and stick with it.

ArlingtonTexan
05-15-2005, 09:49 PM
The problem with this message board is that all of these rumors start, everyone gets all worked up, and they change their minds every other day about how they feel about players. They need to learn to form an opinion and stick with it.

Noone's opinion of Peek has changed, but the chance to get a guy who has performed at a pro-bowl level does change the situation Peek could be in. You are suggesting not seeing the whole picture.

royce1054
05-16-2005, 07:19 AM
I was looking at the Texans web site. I know Moreno has been signed for a long time in all but when i saw his signing on the box below the main screen i started wondering what is the possibility that Moreno and Greenwood could start on the inside and Wong and Babin on the outside. I know we have been talking about Peek and how he deserves the oppertunity to play but does anyone else here think Moreno will land an inside LB job and Wong and Peek will fight over the outside position? This was an idea that just popped up in my head and i was wondering what some of you thought about it. I serious doubt we will land Boulware anyways buti think Peek will have his work cut out for him since the Moreno signing. I think Moreno is starting quality player.

TexanFan881
05-16-2005, 08:43 AM
I could definately see that happening, but I heard Wong was moving into the inside, but after Moreno was officially signed that could be changing. I also like Moreno and I think he will just get better.

Texansbacker
05-16-2005, 09:27 AM
I hope Moreno and Peek turn out to be steals and both live up to the potential that some see in them. Peek sure looked good at times last year and he also looked like an undiscliplined player too, which could win or lose you games.

The thing about PB is that he is a proven player with a Super Bowl ring. All he has to prove now is that he still has "it" and that he has completely rehabed his injury.

Charlie Casserly has to make the decision that he fits with the Texans salary cap situation, now and in the future, and that the injury is healed and has not effected his playmaking ability.

If Boulware comes in here and gets sacks like a madman then I am sure everyone would be happy; and if he didn't many would say to CC "I told you so!".

SESupergenius
05-16-2005, 09:41 AM
Boulware is coming of some bad injuries. I am hesitant in taking him, but if we brought him in as a nickel pass rusher then I am all for it. Peek will be playing full time now and to lessen his load and we could put in Boulware. This would also allow Boulware time to get over some of those injuries. But once again, it all comes down to money, money,money, money........money.

ThaShark316
05-17-2005, 09:44 PM
Texans | Boulware Visits - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 17 May 2005 18:51:23 -0700

Brent Jones, reports for the Baltimore Sun, free agent LB Peter Boulware (Ravens) visited with the Houston Texans Tuesday, May 17.

hmmm...could be a Texan? Our depth would be so so lovely at LB if we signed him.

texanfan2002114
05-17-2005, 09:46 PM
This would be very good!!!!!!!!!!!

ThaShark316
05-17-2005, 10:01 PM
ThirdEye, i found the article, it was the LAST sentence on the page...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-ravens17,1,3924235.story?coll=bal-sports-football&ctrack=2&cset=true

Vinny
05-17-2005, 10:06 PM
http://www.bugmenot.com/ try this for those subscription sites....works great. If you use firefox you can incorporate it into your browser. Just copy n paste your url (address path) into their window and they generate a password without having to sign up.

ccdude730
05-17-2005, 10:14 PM
http://www.bugmenot.com/ try this for those subscription sites....works great. If you use firefox you can incorporate it into your browser. Just copy n paste your url (address path) into their window and they generate a password without having to sign up.

wow thats awesome. thanks vinny!

and yeah. its a tiny sentence at the bottom of the article. im not going to get my hopes up or anything....back to the spurs game

D-ReK
05-17-2005, 10:20 PM
I'd rather have Franks, but I wouldn't complain if we were to sign Boulware...

TexanFan881
05-17-2005, 10:42 PM
More...

Texans | More on Boulware Visit - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 17 May 2005 20:02:22 -0700

Updating a previous story, Carlton Thompson, reports for the Houston Chronicle, free agent LB Peter Boulware (Ravens) took a physical when he visited the Houston Texans, Tuesday, May 17. How things will progress from this point is unclear. The Texans want to make sure they are satisfied with the health of Boulware's right knee and toe, which had injuries that contributed to him missing all of last season. Money will be an important factor as well. "Anytime there's an experienced player that has had experience in the league and becomes available, you always look at him," Texans head coach Dom Capers said. "That's basically what we're dealing with. We've just talked. That's basically where we are at." "I am healthy," Boulware said. "I'm ready to play. It's just a matter of me going on the field and proving it."

Why not give him a shot? I like him and I think he would start if he got signed... but if Peek plays better and gets the spot than I still wouldn't be mad with picking him up. Depth can never be a bad thing.

vtech9
05-17-2005, 10:49 PM
More...

Why not give him a shot? I like him and I think he would start if he got signed... but if Peek plays better and gets the spot than I still wouldn't be mad with picking him up. Depth can never be a bad thing.
I wouldn't be against signing him and letting him compete for a starting job. I would let him know up front that he isn't guaranteed to start, but he would have the opportunity to win the starting job. It would be up to him to prove that he is better than what we already have.

Texansbacker
05-17-2005, 11:26 PM
More...

Thannks for the info 881 and I too believe we should give him a shot provided he withstands all the doctors scrutiny and we can get him for a reasonable price with no long term consequences.

Texansbacker
05-17-2005, 11:28 PM
I'd rather have Franks, but I wouldn't complain if we were to sign Boulware...

Who said we couldn't get them both?

D-ReK
05-17-2005, 11:37 PM
Who said we couldn't get them both?

We probably could, but we'd be cutting it really close...According to HPF, we're about 7.5M under the cap...Rookies will take up about 2.5M of that, and Franks would probably want at least 3M a year, leaving 2M for Boulware, and I anticipate him wanting more than that...It's possible, but far from probable...

TEXANS84
05-17-2005, 11:40 PM
Hey, I'm all for whatever makes the team succeed. As much as I believe that Peek is worthy of a starting position (and well deserved), Boulware would provide instant results.

Just watch the cap space, please!

LikeABoss
05-17-2005, 11:42 PM
Texans | More on Boulware Visit - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 17 May 2005 20:02:22 -0700

Updating a previous story, Carlton Thompson, reports for the Houston Chronicle, free agent LB Peter Boulware (Ravens) took a physical when he visited the Houston Texans, Tuesday, May 17. How things will progress from this point is unclear. The Texans want to make sure they are satisfied with the health of Boulware's right knee and toe, which had injuries that contributed to him missing all of last season. Money will be an important factor as well. "Anytime there's an experienced player that has had experience in the league and becomes available, you always look at him," Texans head coach Dom Capers said. "That's basically what we're dealing with. We've just talked. That's basically where we are at." "I am healthy," Boulware said. "I'm ready to play. It's just a matter of me going on the field and proving it."

Sounds like Boulware wants the Texans to overpay for his injury proned services like Kansas City did with Kendrell Bell.

Thanks, but No Thanks :thumbdown

I say let Peek start and let's blitz our LBs more.

TEXANS84
05-17-2005, 11:42 PM
Houston Chronicle article on Boulware's visit just hit the website:

Boulware Visit Link (http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3186742)

ThaShark316
05-17-2005, 11:49 PM
Texans | Look to Sign M. Rivers - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 17 May 2005 20:52:26 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the Houston Texans are apparently going to sign free agent TE Marcellus Rivers (Giants). He visited with the Texans Tuesday, May 17 and the team kept him in town overnight. Rivers was flown in after the Texans found out TE Bennie Joppru was lost for the season with a torn ACL.

There's our TE folks. :cool:

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
05-17-2005, 11:51 PM
Maybe we can sign Darnell Dinkins too if the Ravens cut him.

TexanFan881
05-18-2005, 08:34 AM
From the houston chronicle article on leaving the Ravens:

"It wasn't really a money thing," he said. "It was a reduction maybe in my role, maybe being a third-down player. I know I can play on third down, but I also think I can be a first- and second-down player as well. If I have to be a third-down player, that's fine, but at least I'm going to weigh my options and see what happens."

I thought this was interesting. I definately think he could be an all down player but if he is a third down player I think he will still make an impact.

TheTim5125
05-18-2005, 09:05 AM
Boulware would be great... we would be able to shuffle LB throughout th egame to keep them fresh

El Tejano
05-18-2005, 11:43 AM
Considering everyone is looking for Boulware to be a 3rd down rusher, did anyone consider that perhaps Boulware could come in and replace Babin on Blitz packages. Peek is not a secret anymore, at least with the teams that already played us, so I am sure he may see his share of double teams this year. Babin, although a very good tackler with good speed didn't show pass rushing skill at times last year. Putting Boulware on one end and Peek on the other could present some match up problems favoring our front 7.

Also the benefit of Peek learning from a Pro Bowler could be priceless for years to come.

I say what the heck, pull the deal off.

The Preacher
05-18-2005, 11:49 AM
It would be nice if he would sign for cheap knowing he would play more here. I just wonder if all our young talent is enough to entice someone to do that with only a few years left and wanting to make a championship run. Probably not. :thumbdown

El Tejano
05-18-2005, 12:00 PM
It would be nice if he would sign for cheap knowing he would play more here. I just wonder if all our young talent is enough to entice someone to do that with only a few years left and wanting to make a championship run. Probably not. :thumbdown
Yeah, I think of that too and the more I think about it, the more I continue to think this visit to us as just a starting point to see what is being offered. The only real hope we have is if these other teams that are headed for a championship are willing to gamble on him too. :confused:

edo783
05-18-2005, 12:49 PM
We are probably just his "Stalking Horse" for negotiations with the SeaChickens.

D-ReK
05-18-2005, 01:00 PM
One of the members on the HPF board put it best: We're like the decent looking girl that you're nice too just in case the hot girl says she doesn't want to go to the prom with you...

Blake
05-18-2005, 01:06 PM
haha thats funny. And its sad but true. Of course, alot of other teams get used as well.

But damn Orlando for doing it to us.

Vinny
05-18-2005, 01:14 PM
Considering everyone is looking for Boulware to be a 3rd down rusher, did anyone consider that perhaps Boulware could come in and replace Babin on Blitz packages. Peek is not a secret anymore, at least with the teams that already played us, so I am sure he may see his share of double teams this year. Babin, although a very good tackler with good speed didn't show pass rushing skill at times last year. Babin has more career sacks as a rookie than the 3 year veteran Peek.

El Tejano
05-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Babin has more career sacks as a rookie than the 3 year veteran Peek.
I know but I am just trying to add another reason why signing someone of Boulware's magnitude would benefit us. Using the fact that Babin has more sacks than Peek just makes it even more interesting because then you could have Boulware opposite Babin and that could draw double teams also. I just thought of that scenario because in my opinion I would rather double Peek than Babin if I were an opposing coach.

But really if you add the Dline into that mix, with the addition of Johnson, it really could benefit more for the Dlineman to have Boulware because it would mean alot more pressure up the middle.

royce1054
05-18-2005, 04:27 PM
To be honest my biggest question about him was answered when he passed his physical with flying colors. I am for bringing him now. Wheither its 3rd down only or taking a job from Peek i think he can be a great addition now. He will bring a pass rush that is badly needed on this team

Blake
05-18-2005, 04:42 PM
I think its a great idea as well. You have to also worry about depth. How are you going to feel if Peek gets hurt? Who would play ROLB? D.D. Acholonu?

I would rather have Boulware, and as a backup, Peek. But thats just me.

TopTexanFan16
05-18-2005, 04:43 PM

Hows that fair to compare a rookie STARTER to a 3 year veteran who isnt a starter. i think peek has amazing potential and he should be played. Boulware is an amazing player but we just cut all our old guys why bring in another? and peek IMHO will be the next best OLB in the 3-4 i like him alot.

royce1054
05-18-2005, 04:47 PM
I think its a great idea as well. You have to also worry about depth. How are you going to feel if Peek gets hurt? Who would play ROLB? D.D. Acholonu?

I would rather have Boulware, and as a backup, Peek. But thats just me.

I agree with you!!!!! I say go get him and let them play it out in camp for the starting positions see who wants it more

Vinny
05-18-2005, 04:52 PM
Hows that fair to compare a rookie STARTER to a 3 year veteran who isnt a starter. i think peek has amazing potential and he should be played. Boulware is an amazing player but we just cut all our old guys why bring in another? and peek IMHO will be the next best OLB in the 3-4 i like him alot.
Easy, he has had 2 years to make the starting lineup. Babin has more sacks in one year than Peek has in his career so far. If you can't show you can play in practice you won't get many chances on the field.

texan279
05-18-2005, 06:08 PM
LINK (http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3186742)

After ranking near the bottom of the NFL in sacks each of the past three seasons, the Texans are in desperate need of an outside pass rusher. After being released by the Baltimore Ravens last week, Peter Boulware is an outside linebacker in need of a team.

Sounds like a good match. That is, if the Texans are satisfied with the health of Boulware's right knee and toe, which had injuries that contributed to him missing all of last season. There's also the matter of money, which played a part in the Ravens releasing their all-time sack leader.

Boulware visited the Texans and underwent a physical examination Tuesday. How things will progress from this point is unclear.

"Anytime there's an experienced player that has had experience in the league and becomes available, you always look at him," Texans coach Dom Capers said. "That's basically what we're dealing with. We've just talked. That's basically where we are at."

The Texans are prepared to enter the season with Antwan Peek and Jason Babin as their starting outside linebackers, but as general manager Charley Casserly demonstrated in his pursuit of St. Louis Rams left tackle Orlando Pace, he's willing to explore the possibility of acquiring elite talent.

Lucky
05-18-2005, 08:47 PM
The "Texans grab Boulware" thread was removed until a verifiable source is found.

powda
05-18-2005, 08:49 PM
kudos. that went downhill fast. knew not to get my hopes up.

rittenhouserobz
05-18-2005, 08:53 PM
I am just curious? How far along id the process if a player comes in for a physical? Does that mean they have a sort of an entry number that might be worked out or is there a more solid agreement? I was just curious if anyone has an idea.

Lucky
05-18-2005, 08:54 PM
Let's just let that die. It may or may not be true, but defaming members due to their age or ethnicity is uncalled for & won't be tolerated. When someone hears or sees something, post it with a source.

DRIFTAWAY
05-18-2005, 08:54 PM
who started the bogus thread?

Vinny
05-18-2005, 09:12 PM
who started the bogus thread?Someone who is no longer with us due to his comments to El Tejano. If you get banned you lose your entire posting history, so you won’t find his comments here - so no sense searching. I've found that to be a great deterrent.

nunusguy
05-18-2005, 09:14 PM
This Boulware is a very unusual guy in this contemporay world of wealthy
sports celebriies, in fact maybe one of a kind . According to this link from
a Baltimore paper, he doesn't believe in pre-marital sex. No kidding !
"He never publicly criticized his teammates and was always the same mild-mannered guy after a big loss or a big win. He found time for fans. There were no pretenses about Boulware. He didn't need a flashy car, a flamboyant pre-game dance or an exuberant touchdown celebration.
True story: Boulware didn't believe in pre-marital sex. He took some good-natured ribbing from teammates but never changed his mind.
While some of his teammates laughed at him, they also had an immense amount of respect for Boulware because he was firm in his beliefs. Boulware was a regular at team Bible study and on the circuit for mentoring kids. "
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bal-sp.preston13may13,1,7355034.column?page=1&ctrack=1&cset=true&coll=bal-sports-columnists

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
05-18-2005, 09:28 PM
Peter Boulware is a true class act.

texanfan2002114
05-18-2005, 09:53 PM
This Boulware is a very unusual guy in this contemporay world of wealthy
sports celebriies, in fact maybe one of a kind . According to this link from
a Baltimore paper, he doesn't believe in pre-marital sex. No kidding !
"He never publicly criticized his teammates and was always the same mild-mannered guy after a big loss or a big win. He found time for fans. There were no pretenses about Boulware. He didn't need a flashy car, a flamboyant pre-game dance or an exuberant touchdown celebration.
True story: Boulware didn't believe in pre-marital sex. He took some good-natured ribbing from teammates but never changed his mind.
While some of his teammates laughed at him, they also had an immense amount of respect for Boulware because he was firm in his beliefs. Boulware was a regular at team Bible study and on the circuit for mentoring kids. "
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bal-sp.preston13may13,1,7355034.column?page=1&ctrack=1&cset=true&coll=bal-sports-columnists

He sounds like he is going to fit in on this team if he signs. Good character guy to teach Babin and Peek.

outofhnd
05-18-2005, 11:05 PM
He gives us versatility for the linebackers as we can rotate the linebackers on the outside to really confuse the opposing offense.

TEXANS84
05-19-2005, 01:05 AM
ESPN's John Clayton reports former Baltimore Ravens LB Peter Boulware is clearly the hottest player available in the market. He was released last week by the Ravens. He made his first team visit Tuesday, having a physical for the Houston Texans. The visit apparently went well and Boulware surprised the team a little by how well he did in the physical. Eight teams made initial calls on Boulware after he was released. A lot of people in the Ravens organization believe he will end up in Cleveland. The Seahawks, meanwhile, are hopeful to recruit him and they have a lot of ammunition. First, Boulware's brother, Michael, is the team's starting strong safety. Second, the Seahawks play a 4-3 defense, and Boulware would like to be an end in a 4-3 scheme

infantrycak
05-19-2005, 08:25 AM
Boulware would like to be an end in a 4-3 scheme

If this is correct it probably means Boulware thinks he has lost a step and will have a hard time being a starting OLB.

El Tejano
05-19-2005, 09:04 AM
Someone who is no longer with us due to his comments to El Tejano. If you get banned you lose your entire posting history, so you won’t find his comments here - so no sense searching. I've found that to be a great deterrent.

Wow! I didn't know there were comments made to me. What all was said?

bckey
05-19-2005, 09:11 AM

Probably because Peek didn't get the same playing opportunities as Babin. The Texans invested a 1st round pick in Babin and basically handed him the starting job because of that high investment. Had Peek been afforded the same 1 year learning process as Babin it might be different.

Bayern
05-19-2005, 09:23 AM
Probably because Peek didn't get the same playing opportunities as Babin. The Texans invested a 1st round pick in Babin and basically handed him the starting job because of that high investment. Had Peek been afforded the same 1 year learning process as Babin it might be different.

1st rounder or not everyone proves what they can or cannot do on the practice field. Peek didn't prove he was a starting caliber player.

B.Diddy
05-19-2005, 10:59 AM
1st rounder or not everyone proves what they can or cannot do on the practice field. Peek didn't prove he was a starting caliber player.

No one but the coaches knows what Peek did or didn't do in practice what we do know is be it special teams or a 1-3rd down Peek showed the internsity on the field of a starter and furthermore if he starts i think his numbers will be better than Babins. :survivor:

dalemurphy
05-19-2005, 11:05 AM
No one but the coaches knows what Peek did or didn't do in practice what we do know is be it special teams or a 1-3rd down Peek showed the internsity on the field of a starter and furthermore if he starts i think his numbers will be better than Babins. :survivor:

His sack total should be better than Babins if he starts... He'll play the weakside while Babin will play the strongside sense Babin plays the run so well.

Vinny
05-19-2005, 11:12 AM
Probably because Peek didn't get the same playing opportunities as Babin. The Texans invested a 1st round pick in Babin and basically handed him the starting job because of that high investment. Had Peek been afforded the same 1 year learning process as Babin it might be different.The team has given young players time if they can play. Glenn Earl was a 4th round rookie last year and he has more career starts than Peek, so Peek obviously hasn't earned his time before now.

Babin had a really solid season last year and had a solid stat line. He compared favorably to other LOLB's in other 3-4 systems.

El Tejano
05-19-2005, 11:33 AM
My point was not to say Peek is better than Babin, my point was that getting Boulware could make for some extreme pass rush if you put both him and Peek on the field somehow at the same time.

infantrycak
05-19-2005, 11:37 AM
The team has given young players time if they can play. Glenn Earl was a 4th round rookie last year and he has more career starts than Peek, so Peek obviously hasn't earned his time before now.

Very true, but you also have to take into consideration the level of competition for the starting job. Earl trying to beat out Brown is not near as high an uphill battle as Peek trying to beat out Wong. For an example involving the same player in two transactions--McCree could beat out Stevens, but not Coleman. Just because a player doesn't make it to starter doesn't mean they suck or have some major deficiency either. Wong appears to be very much on Capers' good side for his smarts and versatility.

ArlingtonTexan
05-19-2005, 12:12 PM
Very true, but you also have to take into consideration the level of competition for the starting job. Earl trying to beat out Brown is not near as high an uphill battle as Peek trying to beat out Wong. For an example involving the same player in two transactions--McCree could beat out Stevens, but not Coleman. Just because a player doesn't make it to starter doesn't mean they suck or have some major deficiency either. Wong appears to be very much on Capers' good side for his smarts and versatility.

IMO, if Peek were close enough a year ago. Babin would in another uniform and wong would have been on the strong side. Maybe it is a case that Peek just needed more time than Babin or Earl before being ready, but any team that is willing to give LT to a Division II player with about 50 pro snaps would not be scared to hand a job to Peek if they think he is good enough. Think Peek's lack of starts are on Peek.

El Tejano
05-19-2005, 02:22 PM
Yeah there were plenty of times where Peek would do something dumb to get us close to a penalty a few times in his rookie season and in his second year.

TexanFan881
05-19-2005, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
The team has given young players time if they can play. Glenn Earl was a 4th round rookie last year and he has more career starts than Peek, so Peek obviously hasn't earned his time before now.

You also have to take into affect that not everyone can come right out of college and perform at there best level. Everyone adapts the NFL differently. Peek just needs more time and he will be just as good if not better than Babin.

TopTexanFan16
05-19-2005, 07:46 PM
Easy, he has had 2 years to make the starting lineup. Babin has more sacks in one year than Peek has in his career so far. If you can't show you can play in practice you won't get many chances on the field.

ok true but i still dont think its fair to cmpare 2 people when one hasnt even played, thats all im saying. so he hasnt proved he can play on sunday's, so to compare someone who has the playing time to someone who does i just feel IMO that isnt fair. thats all

bigtex77
05-19-2005, 08:57 PM
Personally, I think Peek simply needed some time to mature, I've heard that he has made a commitment to learning his assignments and to control his temper. As for Babin, I think having a year under his belt will help in his maturing, he already knows what to expect. Don't forget this will be their 3rd, and 2nd seasons, respectfully. We'll be fine. I wouldn't mind seeing Boulware sign as a backup/pass rush specialist, though.

TexanFan881
05-20-2005, 02:45 PM
I think the Texans might sign him considering they brought him in for a visit but I haven't heard anything about him for the last few days. I hope to hear more soon. If anyone hears or knows anything please post.

Vinny
05-20-2005, 03:37 PM
I think a 4-3 team probably signs him and makes him an end. His days as an OLB may be over.

El Tejano
05-21-2005, 10:42 AM
Looks like it is becoming more and more unlikely we will sign him.

royce1054
05-21-2005, 05:12 PM
ya as time goes on it looks alot less likely we will sign him... but i havent heard of him visiting anyone else.

Panther5407
05-21-2005, 06:52 PM
ya as time goes on it looks alot less likely we will sign him... but i havent heard of him visiting anyone else.

I think the Pats are talking to Boulware too.

royce1054
05-21-2005, 06:53 PM
I thought Cleveland might land him

Wolfiegrrl
05-21-2005, 06:57 PM
Peter Boulware could be waiting for the June 1st cuts. I keep hearing a lot of talk from my roommate (staunch Seahawks fan), that Seattle is trying to work out a deal. Who could fault the guy for going to play with his little brother? I think he's due to visit Seattle soon. I'll search around and see what information I can find.

El Tejano
05-21-2005, 07:14 PM
Man, I can't wait til all the NFL wants to come play for us.

TEXANS84
05-23-2005, 01:11 PM
-- Boulware Being Patient --
Mon May 23, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

ESPN's Len Pasquarelli reports with inquiries from nearly half the franchises in the league, LB Peter Boulware, released by the Baltimore Ravens nearly two weeks ago for salary cap and injury reasons, might be the most attractive player remaining in the free agent pool. He might also be the most patient. While some of the other veterans still seeking to land an invitation to training camp have begun to panic, and anxiety levels escalate as the calendar nears June and rosters continue to fill, Boulware is exercising deliberation. Just as teams are doing background checks on him, he is taking the time to study the pedigree of some of his suitors as well. A man in demand, Boulware is in no hurry yet to decide where to continue his career. "So far, give or take, I've had calls from 14 teams, all with varying degrees of interest," agent Roosevelt Barnes said. "So it's pretty much a given that Pete will be playing in the NFL this season. But he's not in a hurry to do a deal just for the sake of doing one. Sure, he wants to get settled somewhere, get into the program, get a comfort zone with his new team and teammates. But he has to be a good fit with a team and the team with which he signs has to be a good fit for him." To date, Boulware has visited with only one team, the Houston Texans, who regard him as a pass-rush threat in their 3-4 front. There are other teams that have sought to meet with Boulware, to poke and probe him and adjudge his physical viability, but he likely will not schedule more visits until the end of this week at the earliest. Barnes apprised the interested parties that his client wants to wait until after the NFL meetings in Washington, D.C., this week, which are Tuesday and Wednesday. Once the owners have moved beyond business issues, and are prepared to focus on football again, Boulware will set up visits with those franchises he discerns have legitimate interest in him, and a plan for how to utilize the four-time Pro Bowl performer. "Pete is doing his homework right now," Barnes said, "the same way teams are doing their due diligence on him. He went to Houston, because they pushed hard for an early meeting with him, and he liked what he saw there. This won't be a world tour, but he will make some more (visits)." Two of those visits, almost certainly, will be with the Cleveland Browns and the Seattle Seahawks, since Boulware has connections with both franchises. His younger brother, SS Michael Boulware, is the starting strong safety in Seattle. New Browns GM Phil Savage was the personnel director in Baltimore and knows Boulware well.

El Tejano
05-23-2005, 01:35 PM
This might be one incident in which if we still had Jamie Sharper we could get this guy. However, the class of the organization should speak for itself. I wonder what all it was that he saw and what he like about it.

ojthecat
05-23-2005, 02:11 PM
This might be one incident in which if we still had Jamie Sharper we could get this guy.

Ok. I am confused on what keeping Sharper has to do with signing Boulware.

dalemurphy
05-23-2005, 02:15 PM
This might be one incident in which if we still had Jamie Sharper we could get this guy. However, the class of the organization should speak for itself. I wonder what all it was that he saw and what he like about it.

Well since Sharper would be counting $6 million against the cap if he was here, I don't think we'd have a prayer to get Boulware- Greenwood is counting only about $2 million against the cap this year, by the way.

El Tejano
05-23-2005, 03:34 PM
Well, I spoke to soon first off. I wasn't considering any cap space or anything. But my point was, with keeping Sharper we have someone who Boulware played with to entice him to play for us. Seattle now has young Boulware and Sharper for Boulware to entice him to play with Seattle.

Mr Shush
05-23-2005, 04:03 PM
If he's happy to come on the cheap and play as part of a rotation, I'd be delighted to have him. Otherwise I wish him well in Seattle.

jkg9
06-02-2005, 10:29 PM
hey does anybody have any news on if the texans are in the hunt for boulware from the ravens and if so who else is involved in trying to get him and how strongly are we pushing to sign him?

infantrycak
06-03-2005, 07:09 AM
Linebacker Peter Boulware left Cleveland on Thursday afternoon without a contract and headed to Seattle.

"I think he should go check it out in Seattle," Browns General Manager Phil Savage at a Canton Browns Backers event at the Pro Football Hall of Fame. "I think everybody will have a better idea of where everyone stands after that."

Savage said Boulware's physical in Cleveland was not a pass/fail situation, but "it's more that you have to project can he play full time or be a situational player."

Reading between the lines I'd say that means Boulware wants to be paid as a three down LB, possibly even a relatively highly paid one and may not be a three down player anymore.

Scroll down in link. (http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1117791006263120.xml&coll=2)

wags
06-03-2005, 07:27 AM
Reading between the lines I'd say that means Boulware wants to be paid as a three down LB, possibly even a relatively highly paid one and may not be a three down player anymore.

I think what's happening is that no team wants to make the first offer. They probably don't want to overpay so they're waiting for another team to move first.

ArlingtonTexan
06-03-2005, 08:28 AM

Scroll down in link. (http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1117791006263120.xml&coll=2)

Agreed it seems like the Texans and Browns both are evaluating that health is an issue. Definately not worth serious money and gauarantees of being a fulltime player.

TEXANS84
06-06-2005, 09:37 AM
Browns | Nothing to Happen too Soon with Boulware - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 06:34:13 -0700

Jeff Schudel, of the News-Herald, the Cleveland Browns plan to see what happens with the Seattle Seahawks before making their next move regarding free agent LB Peter Boulware (Ravens). They would prefer giving him a contract with a low base salary and heavy with incentives. "I don't expect anything to happen soon," head coach Romeo Crennel said. Crennel also indicated he was disappointed the Browns could not workout Boulware when he visited last week.

Mr Shush
06-06-2005, 09:43 AM
He's probably a better fit for the Seahawks anyway, at this point. He might be a 3-down 4-3 DE, but he's not a 3-down 3-4 OLB any more. They need a replacement for Okeafor now; we to some extent and the Browns to a larger one are still building for the future.

U4ikrob
06-06-2005, 12:42 PM
I dont have ESPN-Inside - but they are reporting on the front ESPN splash page that Boulware has left Seattle also without a contract.

IMO think like others have said that it seems everyone is waiting for the first person to blink and have devalued him accordingly. Now we will see where he wants to go for real and how much money is a part of the deal.

texanfan2002114
06-06-2005, 12:44 PM
The article did say that Boulware might vist a couple of more teams but did not say what teams.

TMac48
06-06-2005, 06:31 PM
I dont have ESPN-Inside - but they are reporting on the front ESPN splash page that Boulware has left Seattle also without a contract.
Yes. I was listening to a local sports radio show here in College Station earlier today and they did mention that Boulware had left Seattle without a contract. They also mentioned their opinion that Boulware would be the last piece needed in the Texans defensive puzzle, and we are showing pretty high interest in him.

TexansTrueFan
06-06-2005, 06:36 PM
yeah i wouldnt mind getting, i am really suprised we have focused so much on defense this season, i know it was struggling but i figured with the kinda division we're in, we'd wanna keep up with the offensive power houses. BUT its good we're working on defense i'd rather have a balanced team rather than an awesome offensive one with a dead last defense.

TEXANS84
06-25-2005, 02:27 AM
NFL | Big Money Not There for Boulware
Fri, 24 Jun 2005 19:12:13 -0700

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports free agent LB Peter Boulware (Ravens) is struggling to get an offer in excess of $1 million in the post-May free agency market. Reportedly, some teams remained concerned with Boulware's health. Boulware hasn't played in more than a year due to knee and toe injuries.

U4ikrob
06-25-2005, 05:37 PM
Our defense ranked near the bottom in more than a few areas last year - not to mention we have yet to produce a season where we have put any kind of serious pressureon the QB on a regular consistant basis. Thus a bigger focus on the defense this year IMO.

If we can get Boulware on the cheap and sign him to a 1 year or 2 year deal I say we do it. We need another good veteran on the field and since Peek hasnt been able to practice with the team much yet this season because of injuries himself, having Boulware would be a nice bit of insurance on the teams part.

Playing GM - I would offer him a 3 yr vet min deal w/incentives to escalate based on performance. Add a nice little bonus to get him here. Shows a commitment on our part, but were not signing him to a huge deal either.

G-Man
06-25-2005, 06:12 PM
if he is struggling to get a deal at 1 mil a season, then I sign him and then possible use nis as trading bait after the next season. Especially if he does well this year.

throwANDREtheBALL
06-25-2005, 06:26 PM
I'd rather have Anthony Simmons.

Simmons is inconsistent and he's nicked up.

but

Boulware is on the decline and is coming back from a serious injury and has already lost a step or two.

The texans should focus on the O-line if they are going to sign another free agent, but, if they are still obsessed with signing linebackers, they should not sign Boulware.

D-ReK
06-25-2005, 06:37 PM

but

Boulware is on the decline and is coming back from a serious injury and has already lost a step or two.

The texans should focus on the O-line if they are going to sign another free agent, but, if they are still obsessed with signing linebackers, they should not sign Boulware.

Reasons why the Texans should sign Boulware instead of Simmons:
1. Simmons hasn't played in a full season since 2001
2. Simmons doesn't fit into the 3-4
3. Boulware would provide good depth at OLB, which we don't have (unless you're a Charlie Anderson fan)
4. We lost a lot of veteran leadership when we released Glenn, but Boulware could assume that role

We probably won't sign either though...

Since you're so "obsessed" with signing OL guys, who's out there that you think could help? Verba? hahaha

throwANDREtheBALL
06-25-2005, 06:44 PM
OT - Chris Terry, I've read quite a few articles that stated he had the feet to play LT. I know he's got a record as being an off-field problem......but, we might as well bring him in, since we already brought in Riley and he's an even bigger head-case. And I don't think Terry wants as much money as the "37million dollar man" Verba.

And about Simmons not fitting into a 3-4..........so your telling me that Morlon Greenwood is a perfect fit in a 3-4 ?

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
06-25-2005, 06:48 PM
Phil Savage said it best and Savage was one of the guys that drafted him. When Boulware went to the Browns for a physical, Phil told him to go to Seattle. Don't expect Boulware to sign with anyone until possibly training camp if an injury forces a team to make a move for him. He is still a month away from working out.

nunusguy
07-04-2005, 11:48 AM
"With even his most ardent suitors still harboring concerns about his recovery from knee and toe surgeries, four-time Pro Bowl linebacker Peter Boulware is considering having a workout this month for all the teams that have indicated an interest in him."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2100281

Waltman
07-04-2005, 11:56 AM

but

I agree that the Texans should not sign Boulware, but I feel we should get faster at the linebacker and d-line positions.

Waltman
07-04-2005, 11:59 AM
I agree the Texans should get faster at the l-backer and d-line position. Not to mention get more aggressive on offense.

El Tejano
07-05-2005, 12:43 PM
So does anyone know when this guy is coming to workout for us?

TEXANS84
07-05-2005, 12:47 PM
-- Boulware Considering Holding a Workout --
Mon Jul 4, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

ESPN's Len Pasquarelli reports with even his most ardent suitors still harboring concerns about his recovery from knee and toe surgeries, four-time Pro Bowl LB Peter Boulware is considering having a workout this month for all the teams that have indicated an interest in him. The workout, if arranged, would probably come in the next few weeks, before training camps open leaguewide. "It's obvious Pete is going to have to go out and show teams that he's healthy before they offer him a contract," acknowledged agent Roosevelt Barnes. "And if that's the case, then I'd rather have him do it one time, for everyone, rather than have to go through a series of these things. Like a come-one-come-all kind of thing. That's the way we're thinking now, if we can set it up at a time and place that works for everybody." Released by the Baltimore Ravens in early May, after the two sides could not come to an agreement on a restructured contract, Boulware visited the past month with the Houston Texans, Cleveland Browns and Seattle Seahawks. All three teams retain interest in him, but none has made a contract offer, and all indicated they wanted to wait until this month to get a better feel for the status of Boulware's recovery. If there is a group workout, it is all but a given the session would draw personnel scouts from other curious clubs, as well. If healthy, Boulware can be an effective player, and he is one of the few potential impact veterans still without a contract. Boulware, 30, spent the entire 2004 season on the physically unable to perform list as he attempted to recover from a knee injury sustained in the penultimate game of the 2003 campaign. He underwent toe surgery last December, the result of a November injury sustained in his first practice of the year, as he attempted to work his way off the NFL's physically unable to perform list. Barnes originally fielded inquires from 14 teams about his client, but Boulware has done as much due diligence on potential employers as they have done on him. Barnes said that his client's preference is to sign a contract before camps open.

El Tejano
07-05-2005, 12:52 PM
So I guess we will know if he is ours when camp opens up for us.

TEXANS84
07-06-2005, 12:40 PM
-- Browns Pass on Boulware --
Wed Jul 6, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

Seahawks.net reports Cleveland Browns GM Phil Savage knows a lot about LB Peter Boulware's medical history and he has decided to pass on the four-time Pro Bowl defender.

El Tejano
07-06-2005, 01:13 PM
Wow don't know if that is good or bad news.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
07-06-2005, 01:53 PM
Bad news if you are Peter Boulware. He is pretty much done.

stephen1
07-06-2005, 01:54 PM
i would take my chances on him. like signing him to a 1-3 year deal

El Tejano
07-06-2005, 02:24 PM
I guess at this point we have to ask, is he and this year worth taking a gamble on because I am sure he wants more than a one year deal.

Vinny
07-06-2005, 02:35 PM
the question is already answered for the most part. Nobody has signed him at a high salary and he will have to face a contract that has less risk involved with the team he signs with.

El Tejano
07-06-2005, 03:02 PM
Thats true, I just hope that we don't sign him and it backfire on us.

raised_on_beans_n_rice
07-12-2005, 06:40 PM
Any more news on Boulware? Workouts? Offers?

I graduated from Florida State and am a big Boulware fan (both Peter and Michael). I would love to see Boulware come to the Texans. Injuries sometimes scare teams too much. Once he realizes he is not going to get paid like he thought, I hope he decides to play here. He would definitely be a positive impact on our team and bring some much needed veteran leadership. I know we have Wong but I have heard that he is more of a lead by example guy instead of a vocal leader.

When all else fails, get someone who went to college in Florida!

TexansR#1
07-12-2005, 06:51 PM
Hey I dont understand why yall are giving up on the o-line yet. It takes a few seasons for a line to gel together. Look at our left side we have a second year tackle and a 4th year left guard who played left tackle. Sure there is some inconsistancy in left side, and I hate watching Carr get blindsided close to almost every play. But who do we have to fix the problem right away? Victor Riley please hes just there to add depth, and make it seem like we tried to fix the problem. I say before we make any decisions at least wait till after training camp, preseason, then if Carr is still getting blindsided after the first 2 games of the season make changes during the bye week, when you have 2 weeks to look at what you have and make changes as you wish. But I say dont give up on them yet, there still young and finding their own feet in the NFL.

TEXANS84
07-12-2005, 08:41 PM
Texans | Still Interested in Boulware
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:29:08 -0700

ESPN's John Clayton reports the Houston Texans remain interested in free agent LB Peter Boulware (Ravens).

texanfan2002114
07-12-2005, 08:45 PM

ESPN's John Clayton reports the Houston Texans remain interested in free agent LB Peter Boulware (Ravens).

So are the Seahawks and the Browns but nobody will pay him the 3 to 4 million dollars a year that he wants. So here is the waiting game until he drops his price.

TEXANS84
07-12-2005, 08:46 PM
He's holding a workout for all teams interested on July 14th.

BigDTexansFan
07-13-2005, 10:04 AM
NFL | Boulware to Hold Workout
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:35:00 -0700
Updating previous reports, ESPN's John Clayton </link/125> reports free agent LB Peter Boulware </player/137/nfl> (Ravens) will hold a personal workout Thursday, July 14, to showcase his skills for NFL </team/77/nfl> teams that may be interested in his services.

ESPN's John Clayton </link/125> reports the Houston Texans </team/18/nfl> remain interested in free agent LB Peter Boulware </player/137/nfl> (Ravens).

El Tejano
07-13-2005, 11:32 AM
So are the Seahawks and the Browns but nobody will pay him the 3 to 4 million dollars a year that he wants. So here is the waiting game until he drops his price.

Actually the Browns owner said that he was made quite aware of the type of injury that Boulware had and did not want to take the chance on him. It is somewhere listed on this thread.

texanfan2002114
07-13-2005, 03:05 PM
Actually the Browns owner said that he was made quite aware of the type of injury that Boulware had and did not want to take the chance on him. It is somewhere listed on this thread.

Browns | Still Interested in Boulware
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:29:41 -0700

ESPN's John Clayton reports the Cleveland Browns remain interested in free agent LB Peter Boulware (Ravens).

TEXANS84
07-14-2005, 12:22 PM
-- Boulware on a Mission --
Thu Jul 14, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

ESPN's John Clayton reportsfree-agent LB Peter Boulware (Ravens) is normally quiet but he will have a little edge to his demeanor Thursday when he works out for teams in Tallahassee. He wants to prove teams wrong for doubting him following his release from the Ravens. Boulware has been one of the best players available in free agency but hasn't had offers for much more than $1 million. He turned down $2 million this season from the Ravens, which would have been a pay cut. Five teams, including the Seahawks, will attend the workout. Boulware is determined to have a 10-plus-sack season and wants to show he doesn't have any lingering knee or toe problems. He's on a mission. The Ravens would love to re-sign Boulware but they can't re-sign him for the $2 million they offered him a couple of months ago. Why? They have $9.3 million of dead money on the 2005 salary cap from his release. They have kept in touch with Boulware and have left the door open for his return if the numbers are right.

Capster67
07-14-2005, 12:28 PM
Any word on how the workout for Houston, Seattle, and Cleveland went yesterday?

BigDTexansFan
07-14-2005, 03:14 PM
here is an update on ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2107886

Big78
07-14-2005, 04:51 PM
so it sounds like the texans were the least inerested team in attendence. i dont know if we can beat out an offer from the steelers(a super bowl contender). he would probably rather go to someone that has a chance to atleast go to a championship game such as the steelers or seahawks.

ATX
07-14-2005, 05:35 PM
so it sounds like the texans were the least inerested team in attendence. i dont know if we can beat out an offer from the steelers(a super bowl contender). he would probably rather go to someone that has a chance to atleast go to a championship game such as the steelers or seahawks.

unless he's considering a longer contract with an up and coming team like the texans.

stephen1
07-14-2005, 06:07 PM
unless he's considering a longer contract with an up and coming team like the texans.

i dont know if we will be willing to sign a long term deal because he is getting old and coming off an injury, but then agian im not the GM so it beats me

ATX
07-15-2005, 12:06 AM
what about a 3 year deal thats encentive based?

TEXANS84
07-15-2005, 01:36 PM
-- Browns Don't Make Offer to Boulware --
Fri Jul 15, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

The Plain Dealer reports free-agent LB Peter Boulware did not impress the Browns enough in his workout Thursday to warrant an immediate contract offer. "We're still interested and will evaluate it next week with the coaches, but there's nothing imminent," GM Phil Savage said through a team spokesman. Boulware's workout in Tallahassee, Fla., was attended by the Browns, Seattle, Houston and Pittsburgh. Savage, the highest-ranking club executive in attendance, was joined by Browns linebacker coach Mike Haluchak. Boulware was released by the Baltimore Ravens after reportedly turning down a $2 million contract offer. He missed the past 18 games with knee and toe injuries. Before the workout, the Browns had concerns that Boulware could only be effective as a part-time rush specialist at this stage of his career. The workout apparently did not ease those concerns. Savage will confer with HC Romeo Crennel when the Browns coach returns Monday from vacation.

HoustonBills
07-18-2005, 07:11 PM
Peter would help us at LB but do we need him. he is going to be a big risk if he proves he is healthy and does not want top LB money then yah if we can get him bring him on in. Otherwise i would rather see what our young guys can do. I would focus more on a ILB than getting a OLB. Peter can rush the QB but thats when he is healthy and is not being doubled because defenders are more worried about Lewis and Suggs. So hey its a risk but well see how things work out.

Vinny
07-18-2005, 07:17 PM
He would be an end in your system and not a linebacker.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
08-02-2005, 11:56 PM
Ravens | More about Boulware
Tue, 2 Aug 2005 14:00:56 -0700

Steve DeClue, of the Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens head coach Brian Billick said the team would consider re-signing free agent LB Peter Boulware, given the fact that LB Dan Cody may be out for an indefinite period of time. "Peter's a viable option for us, that's really up to Peter," Billick said. "That certainly would be attractive to us but that's got to be something Peter wants as well."