PDA

View Full Version : Report: Colts tell Luck hes the pick

CloakNNNdagger
04-19-2012, 01:23 PM
I know most of you will fall off of your bar stools when you read this totally unexpected revelation by the Colts! :)

Posted by Mike Florio on April 19, 2012, 10:09 AM EDT

At a time when the NFL is trying to get NFL Network and ESPN to stop tipping picks, a guy who has worked for both networks is tipping a pick.

Actually, hes tipping two of them.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Colts have informed former Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck that hell be the first pick in the 2012 draft.

Its hardly a surprise. For months, it has been believed that Luck will be the first overall pick. Since January 1, weve known that the Colts will be the team with that first pick.

Schefter also reports that the Redskins will select Robert Griffin III with the No. 2 overall pick. (We can also report that water is wet, the sky is blue, and Randy Moss has smelly poops.)

Speaking of Moss, he once was told by the Cowboys that they would pick him in round one of the 1998 draft. And then the Cowboys picked someone else.

So telling Luck hell be the pick is different from making Luck the pick. Given that Colts owner Jim Irsay ultimately is calling the shots on this one, we wont be 100 percent convinced Luck is the pick until the card is submitted.

Blake
04-19-2012, 01:27 PM
:shocked

Stemp
04-19-2012, 01:40 PM
We knew Mario was the pick because they finished up his contract before the draft.

Marcus
04-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Wow! That's earth-shattering news! I had absolutely no clue that the Colts were going to take Luck.

Newsflash! Hold onto your hats, folks! It has just been determined that the sun will set in the west tonight. Reporters are rushing to the scene. We hope to have film at 11.

SheTexan
04-19-2012, 02:01 PM
We knew Mario was the pick because they finished up his contract before the draft.

Are you sure about that? They were all prepared to take RB right up until the night before the draft. Mario was a last minute decision.

Playoffs
04-19-2012, 02:03 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DKkJxdQSp5Y/TrDN6NdcKmI/AAAAAAAAALI/936uyCxhL30/s1600/GomerSurprise.jpg

Double Barrel
04-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Are you sure about that? They were all prepared to take RB right up until the night before the draft. Mario was a last minute decision.

We knew the night before the draft when they announced that a deal had been finalized by both sides.

HOU-TEX
04-19-2012, 02:15 PM

IIRC, we were in negotiations with the both of them. Mario said yes to his deal, Bush didn't.

I'm sure that's not the whole reason for choosing him, but that's what I remember

TimeKiller
04-19-2012, 06:04 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

man you ruined it for everybody

:(