PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Schedule

Lurvinator11
04-15-2012, 08:36 PM
The schedule will be announced this tuesday. Feel free to post here when released. I am excited!

Allstar
04-15-2012, 09:23 PM
Totally forgot, awesome!

ThaShark316
04-15-2012, 11:39 PM
Can't wait to see it. Also, can't wait to laugh and say "have you lost your mind?" when someone says something stupid.

I remember last year when someone on the radio (caller) said "they're going to start 0-4!" days after the '11 schedule was released. http://static.bbmp3.com/smilies/0_rofl.gif It was stupid then, and even worse after the Steelers game.

Lurvinator11
04-16-2012, 12:10 AM
Can't wait to see it. Also, can't wait to laugh and say "have you lost your mind?" when someone says something stupid.

I remember last year when someone on the radio (caller) said "they're going to start 0-4!" days after the '11 schedule was released. http://static.bbmp3.com/smilies/0_rofl.gif It was stupid then, and even worse after the Steelers game.

Really?? 0-4?? HA! He really thought we were gonna lose to the Dolphins. I mean I can understand losing to The Colts, Saints, and Steelers. I wouldn't think we would but I can see why others think they would. But the Dolphins?? C'mon man!!!!!

I hope we start off good and finish well! haha

Dutchrudder
04-16-2012, 12:29 AM
Regardless of the schedule, I think we have an excellent chance of going 6-0 in the division this year. That will be a great milestone to reach.

Malloy
04-16-2012, 01:30 AM
Regardless of the schedule, I think we have an excellent chance of going 6-0 in the division this year. That will be a great milestone to reach.

That would be fantastic! :)

kiwitexansfan
04-16-2012, 03:34 AM

Anything less would be a let down. Maybe worst division in football.

SheTexan
04-16-2012, 07:29 AM

Don't hold your breath, doubt that will ever happen. IF we make the playoffs, our FO will "throw" "blow off" whatever, any division team we play toward the end of the year, probably the Titans, just like they did last year. More important to let your starters sit their asses on the sideline ya know. :rolleyes:

majestrate
04-16-2012, 07:31 AM
Might not be the worst division in the NFL, but AFC South is definitely one of the bottom 2 or 3. I think that changes this year. The BESFs and Jags should have strong showings. The gutted Colts are probably in last place within the division for the next couple of years.

Not sure I agree with 6-0. Though possible, division games are always a b***h, so I won't be overly disappointed if we went 4-2.

Thorn
04-16-2012, 07:32 AM

The Titans will be slightly better, which means they could (maybe) be fighting for a wild card spot. The Jags will be a better team defensively, and if their QB actually learns how to play and doesn't end up like Carr did (scared all the time) they could be better offensively as well. The Dolts will be terrible.

At least that's how I see it. I don't think our division is a cake walk but it is an easier division than most. To not win our division this year would be a horribly major dissapointment.

GP
04-16-2012, 08:48 AM
Don't hold your breath, doubt that will ever happen. IF we make the playoffs, our FO will "throw" "blow off" whatever, any division team we play toward the end of the year, probably the Titans, just like they did last year. More important to let your starters sit their asses on the sideline ya know. :rolleyes:

This ^^^^.

Dutchrudder
04-16-2012, 09:29 AM
Might not be the worst division in the NFL, but AFC South is definitely one of the bottom 2 or 3. I think that changes this year. The BESFs and Jags should have strong showings. The gutted Colts are probably in last place within the division for the next couple of years.

Not sure I agree with 6-0. Though possible, division games are always a b***h, so I won't be overly disappointed if we went 4-2.

BESFs? What exactly is that? I can't think of anything involving the Titans or Colts that would fit that acronym.

Seņor Stan
04-16-2012, 09:41 AM
BESFs? What exactly is that? I can't think of anything involving the Titans or Colts that would fit that acronym.

Bud's Evil Sibling F'ers?

majestrate
04-16-2012, 09:44 AM
Baby-eating Sister F'ers

Thank you battleredblog, but that's about the only thing I liked about that site.

Seņor Stan
04-16-2012, 09:47 AM
Brother-eating Sister F'ers

Thank you battleredblog, but that's about the only thing I liked about that site.

Honestly, I like mine better.

MistaRed
04-16-2012, 10:17 AM

BESF's stands for Baby eating sister ****ers

majestrate
04-16-2012, 10:28 AM
BESF's stands for Baby eating sister ****ers
You're right, thank you for the correction on that. The "B" always throws me

Speedy
04-16-2012, 12:23 PM

And if they make the playoffs, I'd be pissed if they went balls to the wall in a meaningless game and got somebody hurt for the playoffs.

The regular season is to make the playoffs. Once you're in, you jockey for position, but the goal in this league is to win the Super Bowl, not a meaningless week 17 game.

bckey
04-16-2012, 12:30 PM
And if they make the playoffs, I'd be pissed if they went balls to the wall in a meaningless game and got somebody hurt for the playoffs.

The regular season is to make the playoffs. Once you're in, you jockey for position, but the goal in this league is to win the Super Bowl, not a meaningless week 17 game.

I like the Giants philosophy. Play to win no matter what. Sitting on the sideline is for pu$$ies and losers.

Speedy
04-16-2012, 12:46 PM
I like the Giants philosophy. Play to win no matter what. Sitting on the sideline is for pu$$ies and losers.

Disagree.

Nothing wrong with resting guys after a brutal regular season to make a run at the Lombardi. That IS why they play this game. Busting your ass to win a week 17 game that has zero effect on your playoff status is not very smart. IMO, of course.

bckey
04-16-2012, 12:59 PM
I understand resting to a degree but play your starters like the 3rd preseason game. Give them work to keep them in a groove. Not playing at all is not good IMHO.

Yankee_In_TX
04-16-2012, 12:59 PM

We should have last year. Grumble.

ThaShark316
04-16-2012, 01:06 PM

Because the Giants didn't rest starters in that last game in 2008 when they had home field locked up AGAINST A PLAYOFF TEAM.

You play 'em a half like NYG did that day (against the Vikings), that's it.

I'd play starters too vs. 15-0, not vs 9-6. Be smart about this, fam.

ObsiWan
04-16-2012, 02:10 PM
Back to the schedule....

Home:
Indianapolis
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Buffalo ("welcome back" Mario :heh:)
Miami
Baltimore (this is our chance to beat them down)
Green Bay
Minnesota

Away:
Indianapolis**
Jacksonville**
Tennessee**
New England*
New York Jets*
Denver*
Chicago*
Detroit

* -- I want these to be early in the year. Don't want to play outside in crappy, northern weather.
** - I wouldn't be upset if two (or all three) of the away division games were late in the year either.

Khari
04-16-2012, 02:43 PM
I wanna see us vs green bay. :kitten:

majestrate
04-16-2012, 03:58 PM
Top 5 games I'm looking forward to

1) GB or Jets (I want us to lay it to the Rex Ryanettes)
3) Chicago
4) Baltimore
5) TN (at home)

ThaShark316
04-16-2012, 04:10 PM
Predict the 1st game, folks...

My money is a road game vs. JAX, or a road game vs. CHI.

JCTexan
04-16-2012, 04:10 PM
Top 5 games I'm looking forward to

1) GB or Jets (I want us to lay it to the Rex Ryanettes)
3) Chicago
4) Baltimore
5) TN (at home)

I'll play:

1) Baltimore (looking forward to the rematch)
2) Green Bay
3) New England
4) Denver (chance to take down Manning)
5) NYJ (have never beaten them)

JCTexan
04-16-2012, 04:13 PM

On the road vs. the Patriots or at Home vs. Minnesota.

SheTexan
04-16-2012, 04:17 PM

Road game to Indy, that's my prediction.

The Medic01
04-16-2012, 04:22 PM

You think. That would be three years opening vs Indy in a row.

SteveSlaton20
04-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if we played Denver week 1... I think we should because Peyton hasn't played against this defense and he haven't played in over a year now.

Would love to see us play the Lions on Thanksgiving as well...

Dutchrudder
04-16-2012, 04:33 PM

That is the trend, but I'll go with @Tennessee for an afternoon game.

Ryan
04-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Miami at home. Saw it in a dream i had lat week so it must be true. :kitten:

ObsiWan
04-16-2012, 06:54 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if we played Denver week 1... I think we should because Peyton hasn't played against this defense and he haven't played in over a year now...

I wouldn't be surprised to see Buffalo come down here for the opener.

The network weinies can't pass up the opportunity to artificially create some sort of Mario-based drama.

And along those lines, I don't think the network or Goodell can pass up the chance to show Peyton against his old team in the season opener. So I'm thinking Denver @ Indy in week one. I would not be surprised if that's the Thursday night opener.

GP
04-16-2012, 06:56 PM
Home vs. Buffalo. Wowzers wouldn't THAT be a kicker???

Mario comes home...but plays against the Texans.

IIRC, we've had home games as openers two years in a row??? I think we start on the road this year. So my guess is AT DENVER. Yep, that's right.

Speedy
04-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Home vs. Buffalo. Wowzers wouldn't THAT be a kicker???

Mario comes home...but plays against the Texans.

IIRC, we've had home games as openers two years in a row??? I think we start on the road this year. So my guess is AT DENVER. Yep, that's right.

We've opened at home 3 years in a row, and 7 times in 10 years.

Norg
04-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Has anyone ever gone 6-0 in the AFCS ???????

GP
04-16-2012, 07:26 PM
We've opened at home 3 years in a row, and 7 times in 10 years.

It HAS to be a road game this year. HAS to be.

9 years, not 10, btw. This year is the 10 year anniversary. Right??? Geez now I am all confused.

MistaRed
04-16-2012, 08:10 PM
My guess for week 1 is @ Denver for Sunday night football

GP
04-16-2012, 08:14 PM
My guess for week 1 is @ Denver for Sunday night football

Manning is back.

Kubiak back in Denver facing his former team.

Yeah, I think it's how Sunday Night Football finally gets the Texans onto its lineup...at Denver. Right out of the gate. WHAM!

ThaShark316
04-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Manning is back.

Kubiak back in Denver facing his former team.

Yeah, I think it's how Sunday Night Football finally gets the Texans onto its lineup...at Denver. Right out of the gate. WHAM!

I got another for y'all..

MNF @ DEN in that 2nd MNF game (for week 1)? Y'all gon have to stay up late though....

ATXtexanfan
04-16-2012, 09:13 PM
Houston at New England to open MNF doubleheader

JCTexan
04-16-2012, 09:31 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Buffalo come down here for the opener.

The network weinies can't pass up the opportunity to artificially create some sort of Mario-based drama.

And along those lines, I don't think the network or Goodell can pass up the chance to show Peyton against his old team in the season opener. So I'm thinking Denver @ Indy in week one. I would not be surprised if that's the Thursday night opener.

The Colts and Broncos don't play each other next year. The only team the Colts will play from the West is Kansas City.

The Wednesday night opener will be the Cowboys-Giants.

Lurvinator11
04-16-2012, 09:33 PM

I don't think Denver plays Indy this year. The only way they could is if the South and West matched up this year and that is not the case.

JimBaker488
04-16-2012, 09:39 PM
When are the game tickets sent out to the season ticket holders ?

rush2112mn
04-16-2012, 09:47 PM

So.....we will finally win in Indy.......I thought we would have won last year when they had Orlosky starting....

Fool me once....shame on you......fool me twice....shame on me....

Counting your wins before they happen......not good......

I learned my lesson years ago with this team.

Not trying to put a put a damper......but any team can win on any given Sunday......

Tenn has a pretty good team.

Not saying we are going to lose ....but to say we are going to go 6-0 in the division .....I wont say that......and whose to say this is going to be the worst division this year.....maybe right now.....but funny how things can change......

Speedy
04-16-2012, 09:55 PM
It HAS to be a road game this year. HAS to be.

9 years, not 10, btw. This year is the 10 year anniversary. Right??? Geez now I am all confused.

2012 is the 11th season.

majestrate
04-16-2012, 10:10 PM
June/July; notification in May that they're going out, IIRC

Speedy
04-16-2012, 10:19 PM

June/July; notification in May that they're going out, IIRC

Season tickets are sent out in mid July. They usually send you an email a day or two before they ship.

b0ng
04-16-2012, 11:07 PM
Road opener in Denver not in prime time.

majestrate
04-16-2012, 11:51 PM
Season tickets are sent out in mid July. They usually send you an email a day or two before they ship.
Pretty sure I get an address verification letter in May that says about when the tickets are going to be sent out.

Allstar
04-17-2012, 12:41 AM
Road opener in Denver not in prime time.

I would be absolutely shocked if Denver didn't get a prime time game week 1. There's no way Peyton's debut isn't under the bright lights.

The Pencil Neck
04-17-2012, 12:41 AM
Has anyone ever gone 6-0 in the AFCS ???????

Colts in 09 and 05. Titans in 02.

Norg
04-17-2012, 04:10 AM
Colts in 09 and 05. Titans in 02.

dayum dem colts were badass back in the day im glad thats over with :D

it prob going to be a non televised Blackout HOU @ Dem JAGS LOL

and during the game somehow we will be playing ol chad henne :D

TheMatrix31
04-17-2012, 04:25 AM
I bet Denver/SD or Denver/Oakland is their Week 1 game

As for our primetime games, I don't know. I want Baltimore on Sunday Night Football.

Speedy
04-17-2012, 07:17 AM
Pretty sure I get an address verification letter in May that says about when the tickets are going to be sent out.

Well, if you do, I can't say you don't, but for 10 seasons it's worked as I described it above for me.

Edit: You are correct about an address verification. But I don't think the tickets have even been printed at that point. A day or two before they are shipped (in mid July), they usally let you know they are on the way. Some get them before the email.

DocBar
04-17-2012, 07:40 AM
Regardless of the schedule, I think we have an excellent chance of going 6-0 in the division this year. That will be a great milestone to reach.I will be ecstatic with a 4-2 division record. The tAcks were nipping at our heels last year and beat us at home (who cares about resting players) and the Jags damned near beat us in their place. Both teams stand to improve this offseason. I'm also leery of Phillips' record after his 1st season as DC/HC.

Texan_Bill
04-17-2012, 07:54 AM
Honestly, I like mine better.

Majestrate's is a little closer to being spot-on considering the Titans are the "Inbred Children of Uranus".

SheTexan
04-17-2012, 08:01 AM
Anyone know what time the sch will be released today?

The Medic01
04-17-2012, 08:10 AM
Anyone know what time the sch will be released today?

6 pm central time.

SheTexan
04-17-2012, 08:29 AM
6 pm central time.

Thanks!!

Seņor Stan
04-17-2012, 09:10 AM
Majestrate's is a little closer to being spot-on considering the Titans are the "Inbred Children of Uranus".

Oh he's got the "Titans" part down.

I took care of the "Tennessee" part.

Dutchrudder
04-17-2012, 09:33 AM
I will be ecstatic with a 4-2 division record. The tAcks were nipping at our heels last year and beat us at home (who cares about resting players) and the Jags damned near beat us in their place. Both teams stand to improve this offseason. I'm also leery of Phillips' record after his 1st season as DC/HC.

Umm, wow. We were playing second string linemen for much of the 2nd half. Jake Delhomme was our QB for 3/4ths of the game, Garret Graham played OLB for a series. We had the botched snaps because Thomas Austin had never seen the field before that day. Derek Newton played RT for a while, Caldwell played RG the entire game. AJ, OD, and Arian Foster sat out.

It was just about the weakest effort the Texans could make towards winning that game and we still were an XP away from going to overtime. If we were trying to win, we would have kicked the XP at the end of the game, instead of going for two from the 8 yard line after Dreessen's false start. I think we will own the Titans next year, especially now that they won't have Finnegan to distract AJ.

nero THE zero
04-17-2012, 11:13 AM
We already knew this (http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=639249&view=findpost&p=14296572), but as "reported by 97.1 the tickets Tont Ortiz - The Lions will host the Houston Texans on Thanksgiving."

False Start
04-17-2012, 12:30 PM
Just now on 610, they had a guy from the scheduling office. He said Texans fans will be "very pleased" with the Texans schedule. :thinking: :cool:

Rey
04-17-2012, 01:18 PM
Just now on 610, they had a guy from the scheduling office. He said Texans fans will be "very pleased" with the Texans schedule. :thinking: :cool:

He likely would have said that about any team he was on the radio for.

Could you imagine if he would have said the opposite...

"Texans fans will be PISSED when the schedule is announced"

LOL...

Allstar
04-17-2012, 01:45 PM
I say we get 4 primetime games.

drs23
04-17-2012, 01:49 PM
I say we get 4 primetime games.

At least 3 with at least 1 being SNF!

rush2112mn
04-17-2012, 02:03 PM

I heard that too....I think we will get a 3 or 4 primetime games on national tv nbc, espn nfl

Also we may have more 315 starts than noon on Sunday maybe.

Lurvinator11
04-17-2012, 02:17 PM
I heard that too....I think we will get a 3 or 4 primetime games on national tv nbc, espn nfl

Also we may have more 315 starts than noon on Sunday maybe.

Its gonna be weird not watching at the usual noon time. But oh well

drs23
04-17-2012, 02:23 PM

Yep. I really like my noon kick-offs, but I guess I can get used to it. Maybe a silly question but why are the 3:15 starts considered more prime time?

Dutchrudder
04-17-2012, 02:26 PM

I like it because I can go play a round of golf in the early morning and be home in time for the Texans' game.

Allstar
04-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Yep. I really like my noon kick-offs, but I guess I can get used to it. Maybe a silly question but why are the 3:15 starts considered more prime time?

there are only 2-3 3:15 games usually, so much more people get to watch them, especially if the other game airing isn't very good.

TdotTexas2Step
04-17-2012, 02:31 PM

I always thought because the NFL felt that a large portion of their demographic would want to sleep in on Sunday morning.

Kaiser Toro
04-17-2012, 02:42 PM
I enjoy 3:15 games, but those late home starts make it very difficult for Austinites to execute an up an back.

Section516
04-17-2012, 02:54 PM
RT @JasonRomano: Terrell Suggs, Mario Williams, Brandon Marshall, Matt Schaub all guests on the NFL Schedule Release Special tonite at 7

Stay away from his foot, Mario.

DonnyMost
04-17-2012, 02:58 PM
I can't believe it hasn't leaked yet. This is killing me.

:thud:

skenney_11
04-17-2012, 03:00 PM
I saw on twitter that bal vs cin will play the late Monday night game on week 1

Thorn
04-17-2012, 03:08 PM
I'm a stay and home and watch it on TV kind of guy, that's why those noon games on Sunday work so well for me. Since Friday's are my work at home days, Thursday night games aren't really so bad. It's those Sunday and Monday night games, which are work nights, that keep me up past my bedtime. I need my rest or I get grouchy. I'm sure none of yall have ever noticed. :kubepalm:

False Start
04-17-2012, 03:15 PM
He likely would have said that about any team he was on the radio for.

Could you imagine if he would have said the opposite...

"Texans fans will be PISSED when the schedule is announced"

LOL...

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. They were talking about the Texans and national games, and that's when he said it. Hopefully it's not BS. :littlelol:

Rey
04-17-2012, 03:33 PM
Yeah, I see where you're coming from. They were talking about the Texans and national games, and that's when he said it. Hopefully it's not BS. :littlelol:

I was listening to him too...

And agreed...Hopefully he's right...

Rey
04-17-2012, 03:36 PM

Maybe because of the fact that fewer teams are playing and I think the later in the day it gets the more people tend to be in front of TV's...

Speedy
04-17-2012, 03:52 PM
They used to announce the prime time games before the schedule release. Not so this year I guess.

JCTexan
04-17-2012, 04:07 PM
So Houston @ Detroit on Thanksgiving is official?

Texan_Bill
04-17-2012, 04:09 PM
So Houston @ Detroit on Thanksgiving is official?

Nope. Nothing is official until 6:00.

ChampionTexan
04-17-2012, 04:29 PM
The first "credible" leak?

Portions of the 2012 NFL Schedule are starting to leak out and according to a member of the Pittsburgh media, one of my predictions is going to come true.

Gerry Dulac, who covers the Steelers for the Pittsburgh Post Gazette is saying the Steelers will face the Broncos in Denver in Week 1, on Sunday Night Football

LINK (http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/4/17/2955590/denver-broncos-2012-schedule-broncos-to-host-steelers-in-sunday-night)

ThaShark316
04-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Didn't understand why folks were alarmed by this year's schedule.

It's 29th in the league. I know, I know....that don't matter. But 11's schedule > '12's schedule based on a before-the-season look.

TheMatrix31
04-17-2012, 04:46 PM
I prefer late starts on Sunday. Hate waking up at 9:50 on Sundays for a 10am start lol. I know, I'm spoiled.

Usually when I wake up early, I have to make up for it with a nap somewhere, and I almost always end up missing the Sunday Night game.

Lucky
04-17-2012, 04:54 PM
I saw on twitter that bal vs cin will play the late Monday night game on week 1

No way the late game. Both are EST. The early game more likely.

Jackie Chiles
04-17-2012, 04:56 PM

It's 29th in the league. I know, I know....that don't matter. But 11's schedule > '12's schedule based on a before-the-season look.

Thats true but playing Indy twice really skews our SOS. If you take them out of the picture this year and last year, when it was eminently obvious they were going to blow but still counted as a double digit win team, I imagine its pretty close. Oh well, its the NFL, lets beat some tough teams.

Lucky
04-17-2012, 04:58 PM

Denver should be improved. Buffalo should be improved. Even the Colts and Jags should be improved. Those schedule rankings based off the previous season are pretty worthless. Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Stafford. The Texans are facing much tougher QBs in 2012.

ThaShark316
04-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Denver should be improved. Buffalo should be improved. Even the Colts and Jags should be improved. Those schedule rankings based off the previous season are pretty worthless. Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Stafford. The Texans are facing much tougher QBs in 2012.

That's why I said "it doesn't matter". I agree, it's "ehhh" to be honest.

What I basically meant was...I think 11's was scarier. Can you with a straight face tell me 2 games this year where you AUTOMATICALLY said loss? Last year, at this time, we ALL said "L" for @NO and @BAL.

I don't see that this year. No one's going to be all :overreact: (I don't think) when they see @CHI, @DET or @NE.

EDIT: I agree with your assessment on those teams. I'm hoping we get DEN early...I'll admit that.

ItsMyFault
04-17-2012, 05:05 PM
Apparently the Bears schedule is slowly leaking on twitter. Just saw a tweet that said Texans @ Bears - Week 10 on SNF.

ThaShark316
04-17-2012, 05:10 PM
Apparently the Bears schedule is slowly leaking on twitter. Just saw a tweet that said Texans @ Bears - Week 10 on SNF.

I want to see that, too...C&P a tweet, sir.

TheMatrix31
04-17-2012, 05:15 PM
Bears fan friend tweeted to me a RT from @HeyTweetHarry....he has 6400 followers or so:

Week 10, Bears, Sunday night at home vs. texans!!

ThaShark316
04-17-2012, 05:17 PM
James Merilatt ‏ @jamesmerilatt

BREAKING: Broncos will finish up the month of September with a home game against HOU (9/23).

disaacks3
04-17-2012, 05:17 PM

That would make an awesome road trip. They can't be nearly as lovely as the Eagles fans were. :wild:

False Start
04-17-2012, 05:22 PM

Awesome! I cant wait to see our D put the hurt on sissy boy Cutler. :wild: :cutthroat:

DX-TEX
04-17-2012, 05:32 PM

AWESOME! Already have a $20 bet on that game with my brother.

ThaShark316
04-17-2012, 05:56 PM
Week 1 - Home for MIA

ThaShark316
04-17-2012, 06:00 PM
#Texans 2012 sked: MIA, @JAC, @DEN, TEN, @NYJ(MNF), GB(SNF), BAL, Bye, BUF, @CHI(SNF), JAC, @DET(Thurs), @TEN, @NE(MNF), IND, MIN, @IND

GuerillaBlack
04-17-2012, 06:01 PM
#Texans 2012 sked: MIA, @JAC, @DEN, TEN, @NYJ(MNF), GB(SNF), BAL, Bye, BUF, @CHI(SNF), JAC, @DET(Thurs), @TEN, @NE(MNF), IND, MIN, @IND

Awesome lineup there. Liking it so far. Now for the early and late games.

Playoffs
04-17-2012, 06:02 PM
5 feature games ... nice. :clap:

Andrew Luck will be seasoned by the time we face him.

Naiirb
04-17-2012, 06:02 PM
4 primetime games plus Thanksgiving wow lots of national coverage this year

Texn4life
04-17-2012, 06:04 PM

I think we can get off to a great start with that schedule. Tough stretch though where we have 4 out of 5 games on the road starting with Chicago.

NCTexan
04-17-2012, 06:04 PM
Late with my post.

I'm liking the 5 feature games though.

Heath Shuler
04-17-2012, 06:05 PM
http://distilleryimage3.instagram.com/6773a48888e111e18cf91231380fd29b_7.jpg

Texn4life
04-17-2012, 06:06 PM
It does suck that out of the 5 feature games that only 1 is at home, but I guess beggars can't be choosers.

wolf123
04-17-2012, 06:08 PM
Jets
Greenbay
Ravens

Going to be the biggest 3 game stretch all year

welsh texan
04-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Easy early on, hoping Schaub is healthy to take advantage of that, I don't see any reason why we can't go 5-0 and take some real momentum into two tough home games against the Pack and then the Ravens before the bye. The Broncos may be getting plenty of hype right now, but I don't see why we can't show Manning he's better off at home.

I'd be disappointed if we don't end up at least 12-4 looking at that schedule, we could do that and only win against 1 or 2 good teams all season.

Course it never works out the way you expect, and Schaub's health will be key, especially how good he's able to be early on.

One thing to watch out for, Luck will have pretty much a full season under his belt by the time we meet him, could be a good thing or a bad thing, but would prefer to face a rookie early if anything.

Thorn
04-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Thank god we got the Dolts the last two of the three games. We may need the break after that schedule. :lol:

False Start
04-17-2012, 06:14 PM
5 national games. 1 home 4 on the road. 2 SNF games at that.

ThaShark316
04-17-2012, 06:15 PM
12-4. http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/4449/iranmaybe.png

ItsMyFault
04-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Texans, Bears and Packers are the only teams in the NFL to have 5 primetime games.

We all should be happy.

since02
04-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the NFL network ticker on the rigt of the screen has completely skipped over the entire AFC south? Or am I just seeing things???

Playoffs
04-17-2012, 06:21 PM
It does suck that out of the 5 feature games that only 1 is at home, but I guess beggars can't be choosers.Yeah, just snapped to that. A bit of a bummer, but...

Naiirb
Good thing our SNF game against the Packers is in week 6 and the field wont be brown and torn up haha

GuerillaBlack
It does suck that out of the 5 feature games that only 1 is at home, but I guess beggars can't be choosers.
Our away games are better matchups, though I could have seen Baltimore in primetime. Maybe the Titans also, but at least we get the best team at home on Sunday night.

fiasco west
I take things one game at a time. Good to see our first game is against what looks to be a really bad team.

The Medic01
04-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the NFL network ticker on the rigt of the screen has completely skipped over the entire AFC south? Or am I just seeing things???

it's up right now.

run-david-run
04-17-2012, 06:24 PM

Today is the one day we cannot complain about no respect or conspiracy theories. 5 prime-time games. Enjoy it while we can!

TexansBlood
04-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Im stoked!

GP
04-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Holy Buhjeebus. 5 national games! LOL.

AND Thanksgiving!!!! :TheDougieDance:

ThaShark316
04-17-2012, 06:31 PM
With this being a QB league, I like our chances vs:

Garrard/Moore/Rookie?
Gabbert/Henne
Peyton 2 games in
Locker/Hasselbeck (Locker could be good, but..)
Sanchez/Tebow

5-0. http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/9176/kanyehappy.png

paycheck71
04-17-2012, 06:34 PM
Texans, Bears and Packers are the only teams in the NFL to have 5 primetime games.

We all should be happy.

Boy, I hope that puts an end to the "media hates us" whining.

Tough stretch late in the season with 3 in a row on the road, but the start to the season seems favorable.

Allstar
04-17-2012, 06:34 PM
lol Titans have a brutal start to the season:

vs New England
@ San Diego
vs Detroit
@ Houston
@ Minnesota
vs Pittsburgh

JCTexan
04-17-2012, 06:35 PM
Holy Buhjeebus. 5 national games! LOL.

INLUDING Thanksgiving!!!! :TheDougieDance:

Fixed. Two Sunday nighters, two Monday nighters and the Thanksgiving game.

ThaShark316
04-17-2012, 06:36 PM

vs New England
@ San Diego
vs Detroit
@ Houston
@ Minnesota
vs Pittsburgh

Right now, I'll go 3-3 for them.

SD, DET and either Minny or PIT = W.

GuerillaBlack
04-17-2012, 06:37 PM
Fixed. Two Sunday nighters, two Monday nighters and the Thanksgiving game.

And neither can be flexed out. Our games at the end of the season probably won't be out into primetime, but that's a good thing.

TexansBlood
04-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Texans better step it up on national tv, out of 5 primetime games only 1 is at home against the Packers.

TexanSam
04-17-2012, 06:39 PM
I can't wait!

:texans:

VTexan
04-17-2012, 06:39 PM
Ridiculously early predictions?

Ridiculously early predictions.

MIA - W
@JAC - W
@DEN - W
TEN - W
@NYJ(MNF) - L
GB - L
BAL - W
BUF - W
@CHI - L
JAC - W
@DET - W
@TEN - L
@ NE - L
IND - W
MIN - W
@IND - W

We'll looks like I ended up with 11-5.

Playoffs
04-17-2012, 06:40 PM

vs New England
@ San Diego
vs Detroit
@ Houston
@ Minnesota
vs Pittsburgh1-5... :bravo:

Allstar
04-17-2012, 06:41 PM
Right now, I'll go 3-3 for them.

SD, DET and either Minny or PIT = W.

I think you're giving them too much credit. I think Detroit handles them and they have always struggled against SD and Rivers.

JCTexan
04-17-2012, 06:45 PM
Ridiculously early predictions?

Ridiculously early predictions.

MIA - W
@JAC - W
@DEN - W
TEN - W
@NYJ(MNF) - L
GB - L
BAL - W
BUF - W
@CHI - L
JAC - W
@DET - W
@TEN - L
@ NE - L
IND - W
MIN - W
@IND - W

We'll looks like I ended up with 11-5.

0-4 in the late night games? I'm not liking that at all.

Wolf
04-17-2012, 06:45 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/540197_341311182600360_116270911771056_963101_2128 276887_n.jpg

ThaShark316
04-17-2012, 06:46 PM
I think you're giving them too much credit. I think Detroit handles them and they have always struggled against SD and Rivers.

SD is ass in Sept...DET aren't GREAT on the road. Minny is still retooling. 2-4 might be likely, but still..

drs23
04-17-2012, 06:47 PM

So Lucky, we'll just unleash some Barwin, Cush, Watt & Brooks Reed on their asses and though they know what hit 'em, they won't be able to stop it.

I'M READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL (with kickoffs)!

Did that sound like some :homer:ism?

paycheck71
04-17-2012, 06:50 PM
0-4 in the late night games? I'm not liking that at all.

You're likely to play all good teams in your prime time games. Not as easy to predict a win vs GB as it is vs JAX at home. If we split them, I'll be very happy.

Lurvinator11
In my opinion, we are very lucky to have the start we have. Not only for the home match up but also for the fact that we play the Dolphins, its nice! At the very least we start 2-0! haha

drs23
Week 1 - Home for MIA

Oh, those poor phins. Really not so much. :D

ThaShark316
Did some digging and found that the 1st person to post the full schedule with Ws and Ls attached to each game last year was spot on with the team's record.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1681311&postcount=42

Well VTexan be correct and we go 11-5? If so, cool. :wild:

Lurvinator11
04-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Well VTexan be correct and we go 11-5? If so, cool. :wild:

We can only hope! I would love 11-5!

JCTexan
04-17-2012, 06:53 PM
You're likely to play all good teams in your prime time games. Not as easy to predict a win vs GB as it is vs JAX at home. If we split them, I'll be very happy.

I know. I think they'll at least win one of them though, and if I had to decide which one it would be week five against the New York Jets.

Lurvinator11
04-17-2012, 07:08 PM
My turn!

Miami-W
@Jacksonville-W
@Denver-L
Tennessee-W
@New York-W
Green Bay-W
Baltimore-W
Bye
Buffalo-W
@Chicago-L
Jacksonville-W
@Detroit-L
@Tennessee-W
@New England-L
Indianapolis-W
Minnesota-W
@Indianapolis-W

I got them at 12-4. 12-4 will be nice!

redwhiteblue
04-17-2012, 07:09 PM
Week 1 at home against the Dolphins with a rookie head coach and a rookie quarterback (maybe), reminds me of the season opener in 2009 against the Jets, with a rookie head coach and a rookie quarterback; I thought the Texans couldn't lose.
But this year I feel good considering the Texans always play the Dolphins well, and they are 6-0 against them.

SheTexan
04-17-2012, 07:10 PM
Today is the one day we cannot complain about no respect or conspiracy theories. 5 prime-time games. Enjoy it while we can!

Why?? 4 of them are away! Besides, we don't do well on National TV.

I'm ok with the schedule, but, not crazy about having so many primetime away games. BUT, I guess this will either make us or break us. If we can't win on the road, then we don't stand a chance of making it to NO in Feb. Jets, Bears, Lions, and Pats. All could be playoff teams.

Lucky
04-17-2012, 07:10 PM
The key to any schedule is the same every season. Protect your home field. Dominate your division. There are a lot of flashy games on the schedule. MNF against the NY Tebows. SNF against Da Bears. Turkey Day in Detroit. But it's home against the Ravens, on the road against the Titans, beating the teams you should beat (Fins, Bills, Jags, Colts), that are the keys to a return to the playoffs.

ThaShark316
04-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Week 1 at home against the Dolphins with a rookie head coach and a rookie quarterback (maybe), reminds me of the season opener in 2009 against the Jets, with a rookie head coach and a rookie quarterback; I thought the Texans couldn't lose.
But this year I feel good considering the Texans always play the Dolphins well, and they are 6-0 against them.

Yeah I think it's a bit different. Texans were ass vs. the run to start that year. Run game was non existant and the Jets had a very hot September.

drs23
04-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Why does everyone have the fk'n Jets penciled in as a loss? That team is in such disarray I can easily see them having a losing season again and a wholesale housecleaning after the season with Rexy looking at different feet next year as a DC in another city.

On record here as that National game being a big "W". Perhaps even embarrassingly so. Sanchize craters early and Tebow time doesn't look so Prime Time.

We hand them their backsides.

Done deal.

TheMatrix31
04-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Ugh, Jets on MNF. Would rather have Baltimore.

Though it might be nice to HUMBLE that fat ***** on national TV. Other than that, I like the way it starts and ends. Surprised there's only one 1:15pm Pacific start.

Playoffs
04-17-2012, 07:26 PM
2012 Strength Of Schedule from hardest to easiest(???)

Team Win Percentage Opp. Wins Opp. Losses
1)Giants 0.547 140 116
Broncos 0.543 139 117
Browns 0.527 135 121
Ravens 0.523 134 122
Rams 0.523 134 122
Eagles 0.516 132 124
Panthers 0.513 123 117
Cardinals 0.512 131 125
Vikings 0.512 131 125
Chargers 0.504 121 119
Saints 0.504 129 127
Seahawks 0.504 129 127
Cowboys 0.504 129 127
Bengals 0.500 128 128
16)Colts 0.500 128 128
Jaguars 0.500 128 128
Steelers 0.500 128 128
Raiders 0.496 127 129
Dolphins 0.496 127 129
Bears 0.492 126 130
Lions 0.492 126 130
Chiefs 0.492 126 130
Jets 0.492 126 130
Falcons 0.488 125 131
Redskins 0.488 125 131
49ers 0.488 125 131
Buccaneers 0.484 124 132
Titans 0.480 123 133
Texans 0.473 121 135
Bills 0.473 121 135
Packers 0.469 120 136
32)Patriots 0.453 116 140

XI CMURDER IX
04-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Miami - W
@Jacksonville - W
@Denver - W
Tennessee - W
@New York - W
Green Bay - L
Baltimore - L
Bye
Buffalo - W
@Chicago - W
Jacksonville - W
@Detroit - W
@Tennessee - W
@New England - L
Indianapolis - W
Minnesota - W
@Indianapolis - W

My prediction. It really all depends on that three game stretch from New York to Baltimore. I don't see why we can't beat Chicago or Detroit with a fully healthy squad.

Norg
04-17-2012, 07:38 PM
5 feature games ... nice. :clap:

Andrew Luck will be seasoned by the time we face him.

or on IR ..... :P

imatexan
04-17-2012, 07:39 PM
5 prime games+ Thanksgiving!?

Love it.

The Medic01
04-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Miami - W
@Jacksonville - W
@Denver - W
Tennessee - W
@New York - W
Green Bay - L
Baltimore - L
Bye
Buffalo - W
@Chicago - W
Jacksonville - W
@Detroit - W
@Tennessee - W
@New England - L
Indianapolis - W
Minnesota - W
@Indianapolis - W

My prediction. It really all depends on that three game stretch from New York to Baltimore. I don't see why we can't beat Chicago or Detroit with a fully healthy squad.

I will be heavily disappointed if we don't beat at least one of these teams. New England, Packers or baltimore.

JCTexan
04-17-2012, 07:42 PM

Love it.

Why are people saying '+Thanksgiving'? There are five nationally televised games, which includes the Thanksgiving game. Two Sunday nighters, two monday nighters and the Thanksgiving game.

Texan_Bill
04-17-2012, 07:42 PM

Love it.

5 "Nationally Televised Games"... One of those is Thanksgiving which is at 11:30am. 4 "prime time games" if I understood it correctly. Out of those, only one is at home (v. Green Bay).

TexanBacker93
04-17-2012, 07:44 PM

I'm ok with the schedule, but, not crazy about having so many primetime away games. BUT, I guess this will either make us or break us. If we can't win on the road, then we don't stand a chance of making it to NO in Feb. Jets, Bears, Lions, and Pats. All could be playoff teams.

I think we only got the 1 primetime home game because we only have 2 teams coming here that are worthy of the spot. Well, we could have gotten a TNF game against a division rival I guess.

Playoffs
04-17-2012, 07:46 PM
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Ten teams have three consecutive home games, while Green Bay and Houston are the only clubs with three straight road trips.

Lucky
04-17-2012, 07:48 PM
I think we only got the 1 primetime home game because we only have 2 teams coming here that are worthy of the spot. Well, we could have gotten a TNF game against a division rival I guess.
The league is allowing only one Thursday game per team. Since The Texans are on Thanksgiving at Detroit, no TNF games.

Lucky
04-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Ten teams have three consecutive home games, while Green Bay and Houston are the only clubs with three straight road trips.
But, the Texans are one of those 10 with three consecutive home games

MistaRed
04-17-2012, 07:58 PM
Loving this schedule. Plenty of love from the national media.

Way too early prediction:14-2

Norg
04-17-2012, 08:03 PM
early thoughts

Miami - hmm anyone think trap game well not at home :D i dont care what QB they have Moore David or Tanahill hes getting HIT !!!!!!!!!!!

@Jacksonville - ill like to add the 1st Qtr of our sechudle looks very Cupcake 2 me !!! anywho jags last year we beat them without throwing a pass in the 2nd half nuff said

@Denver - hopefully ol peyton is on IR by this time wouldnt that be so lucky 4 US i would say this is the biggest game so far but its not there not in our divison

Tennessee - BIggest game so far lets go AT HOME !!!!!!!! aganist a team that could barley beat our Junior Vairsety Team last year :D how can u not lok at tenn at home has Cupcake SRSY ill say agian could not beat our JV team

@New York - 2nd qtr ok i dont know about yall but im sick of deees Jets beating us what are we like 0-3 lately aganist deez jets MY GWAD we need some revenge and close dis gap LOL

Green Bay - TBO real talk here this game does not matter why because there not in our conference we really need to focus on a game that matters a bit more the RAVENS the next week i dont care if GB beats us 60 to 10 has long has we beat the Ravens

Baltimore - WE have NEVER beaten this team i think its time to get this monkey off our back Biggest game of the season so far

Bye

Buffalo - i would say trap but u cant be trapped at home CUPCAKE TEAM

@Chicago -it will still pretty much be summer still at this point what can i say about CHI ZZZZzzzzzz ZZZ uhhhh

Jacksonville - Divison game lets GO !!!!

@Detroit - Happy thanksgiving !!!!!

@Tennessee - Divison game that maybe decide the fate of the divison OR by this point tenn could be in shambles...i for one think we deff wont be in shambles either way hopefully we crush the tacks at there place like last year i went to that game very fun to watch LOL

@New England - O **** Hardest game of the season lets just hide this week and get rdy to wrap up strong :P

Indianapolis - Divison game lets go !!!!!!
Minnesota - just because there in our way and our SWagg should be at a all time high at this point lets crush these boyz !!!!!!!!!

@Indianapolis - My gwad we have never won in INDY !!!!!! Lets crush these boyz and GET out #1seed yeah i said it LOL

drs23
04-17-2012, 08:04 PM

That's 'cause we're bad ass, and they know it! :kingkong:

The Medic01
04-17-2012, 08:09 PM

eff that if we cant win when everyone is watching we will be one and done if we even make the playoffs.

jaayteetx
04-17-2012, 08:31 PM
Don't play Indy until late in the season, don't like that at all. Gives Luck more time to figure things out. That being said, we should still whoop em.

Fili
04-17-2012, 08:40 PM
We got a nice end of the season in for us. Hopefully we can rest up for playoffs then.... :trophy:

rollinstone18
04-17-2012, 08:41 PM
texans on thanksgiving? yes, please!

decent bye week placement. i think 11-5 is certainly achievable.

Speedy
04-17-2012, 08:43 PM
From a tailgating perspective, I'd rather have noon games. I like this schedule.

pec0sb0b
04-17-2012, 08:51 PM
We face a lot of quality teams this year regardless of what the strength of schedule numbers would suggest. The numbers are skewed dramatically by the combined poor record of our division in last year's games. Correspondingly it is less effective as a rating or our non-division rivals this year.

Last year we faced these non-division opponents:
MIA, NO, PIT, OAK, BAL, CLE, TB, ATL, CIN and CAR

This year we face:
MIA, DEN, NYJ, GB, BAL, BUF, CHI, DET, NE and MIN

Make no mistake, this is a tough schedule with at least 7 playoff teams or contenders. Still, there's no reason the Texans can't beat any of these teams.

steelbtexan
04-17-2012, 08:52 PM
From a tailgating perspective, I'd rather have noon games. I like this schedule.

3:00 is better for me with the Tailgaiting.

What do you think the Texans record will be?

I've got them losing to the Packers/Lions/Bears/New England/Denver and 1 division game for a 10-6 record.

The Pencil Neck
04-17-2012, 08:57 PM
I'm a stay and home and watch it on TV kind of guy, that's why those noon games on Sunday work so well for me. Since Friday's are my work at home days, Thursday night games aren't really so bad. It's those Sunday and Monday night games, which are work nights, that keep me up past my bedtime. I need my rest or I get GROUCHIER. I'm sure none of yall have ever noticed. :kubepalm:

There. Fixed it for you.

TexanSam
04-17-2012, 09:01 PM

Nonsense! We played well in our last two national tv games. Should have had a 3rd, except for Jacoby Jones muffing a punt against the Ravens.

run-david-run
04-17-2012, 09:05 PM

It can actually be considered a bigger sign of respect to get away primetime games. Smaller name teams usually get one game, at home, because that's where they are most likely to be competitive.
The networks are basically trusting us to be in all of these tough road games when they pick them for a prime time slot.

In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean anything, but it sure does show how far we've come.

Lucky
04-17-2012, 09:16 PM
Big key to the season is getting off to a strong start with the running game. The Texans should really lean on Foster and Tate until Schaub gets his rhythm back. Also, it should be easier for the right side of the o-line to gel in run blocking than pass blocking. Jump out to a 3-1, possibly 4-0 start and let the momentum take over.

Texan_Bill
04-17-2012, 09:17 PM

Unfortunately, the one home game prime time game is against Green Bay... That said, it sucks because so many people will sell their seats to Packers fans so that if it's a 60% to 40% Texans fan v. Pack fan the Texans are doing well.....

PATHETIC!!! (Pointed at you parasitic ****ing maggots that sell your tickets for a profit)!!! Then again, most that do that are "carpet-baggers" to begin with.

False Start
04-17-2012, 09:35 PM
Unfortunately, the one home game prime time game is against Green Bay... That said, it sucks because so many people will sell their seats to Packers fans so that if it's a 60% to 40% Texans fan v. Pack fan the Texans are doing well.....

PATHETIC!!! (Pointed at you parasitic ****ing maggots that sell your tickets for a profit)!!! Then again, most that do that are "carpet-baggers" to begin with.

I would be pi$$ed if on our first SNF on NBC game, Reliant was full of Pecker fans. Was it that way the last time we played them? The MNF game on ESPN.

dalemurphy
04-17-2012, 10:06 PM

And the Bye is between the three consecutive home games... So, that's a month at home. Pretty nice middle of the season situation... Then, during the three game road trip we have more than a week to prepare for two of those three games.

I would've liked two primetime games at home. Still, this is a good schedule for the Texans and the fan base.

Texan_Bill
04-17-2012, 10:10 PM
I would be pi$$ed if on our first SNF on NBC game, Reliant was full of Pecker fans. Was it that way the last time we played them? The MNF game on ESPN.

YES!!! FACT!!!!

It will be disappointing to those Texans fans watching on TV, but those of us in attendance.......... We'll rock the house!!

Lurvinator11
04-17-2012, 10:21 PM

You gotta remember though, that was back in 04. Our fan base then was no where near what it is now. IMO of course. I think Reliant will be packed with Texan fans with a fair amount of packer fans

GP
04-17-2012, 10:31 PM
Why are people saying '+Thanksgiving'? There are five nationally televised games, which includes the Thanksgiving game. Two Sunday nighters, two monday nighters and the Thanksgiving game.

Because it's five national games AND Thanksgiving! Woo-hoo!!!!

:spin: :user: :joker:

FIVE NATIONAL GAMES AND THANXGIVING!!!!!!

LOl. Just messing with you man.

Naiirb
04-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Coming off our most successful season and the Packers game being the only night game at Reliant i think its say to safe it will be packed by our own fans. Question is what do they do with the roof, open it for the presumably nice weather in October or close it for more noise?

GP
04-17-2012, 10:34 PM
Doppleganger:

You gonna' need to come done with some rare blood disease that puts you in the hospital on Thanksgiving Day.

Or, you could go to the store for groceries and suddenly have amnesia and end up at a sports bar! Now THAT would get you out of in-law duty on Turkey Day.

This way, you can sit and watch the game. If you need help concocting a scheme, let me know. I got a million of 'em.

Speedy
04-17-2012, 11:40 PM
3:00 is better for me with the Tailgaiting.

What do you think the Texans record will be?

I've got them losing to the Packers/Lions/Bears/New England/Denver and 1 division game for a 10-6 record.

I usually don't like to get into predictions, especially 5 months before the bell rings, but if they're playing anywhere near the same type of defense as they did last season, they've got a chance to beat any team on that schedule. The key is going to be the QB play, I think. If Schaub is good to go (with the D), they're Super Bowl contenders without a doubt. Can't convince me they wouldn't have been in the SB last year if 8 had been healthy.

I could see them going 12-4. How about 5-0 going into the GB game? I think they lose that one. They'll lose a couple more during that 4 of 5 road stretch (Det, NE maybe), and then they'll have that stinker against somebody they should beat. Probably a division game. 5-1 in the division though, I'll take that.

Bulluck53
04-18-2012, 06:01 AM
I think I have more Texans games circled on my calendar than I do Titans games at this point. There are a lot of match ups any football fan should be eager to see.

DocBar
04-18-2012, 06:10 AM
One thing I've noticed is that the Texans are definitely getting all the love in the NFL world. They are on every "best games of 2012" list I've looked at. At least one of them has 2 Texan games. Winning cures everything.

Bulluck53
04-18-2012, 06:17 AM
And they play a style of ball that is appealing to every type of fan.

SCOTTexans
04-18-2012, 07:23 AM
One thing I've noticed is that the Texans are definitely getting all the love in the NFL world. They are on every "best games of 2012" list I've looked at. At least one of them has 2 Texan games. Winning cures everything.

Finally...:texflag:

I can't wait to watch the texans vs New england game.... could be the AFC number 1 seed match-up, :fans:

Blake
04-18-2012, 07:28 AM
I can already hear the boo's for Mario.

But that kinda stuff doesnt bother Mario, right? :fingergun:

Texan_Bill
04-18-2012, 09:23 AM
I can already hear the boo's for Mario.

But that kinda stuff doesnt bother Mario, right? :fingergun:

Especially after he tweets:

"Judgement Day November 4th!!"

Blake
04-18-2012, 09:30 AM

Wow. I still cant get over how much he uses twitter now. Almost like a different person.

HOU-TEX
04-18-2012, 09:31 AM
2012 Strength Of Schedule from hardest to easiest(???)

Team Win Percentage Opp. Wins Opp. Losses
1)Giants 0.547 140 116
Broncos 0.543 139 117
Browns 0.527 135 121
Ravens 0.523 134 122
Rams 0.523 134 122
Eagles 0.516 132 124
Panthers 0.513 123 117
Cardinals 0.512 131 125
Vikings 0.512 131 125
Chargers 0.504 121 119
Saints 0.504 129 127
Seahawks 0.504 129 127
Cowboys 0.504 129 127
Bengals 0.500 128 128
16)Colts 0.500 128 128
Jaguars 0.500 128 128
Steelers 0.500 128 128
Raiders 0.496 127 129
Dolphins 0.496 127 129
Bears 0.492 126 130
Lions 0.492 126 130
Chiefs 0.492 126 130
Jets 0.492 126 130
Falcons 0.488 125 131
Redskins 0.488 125 131
49ers 0.488 125 131
Buccaneers 0.484 124 132
Titans 0.480 123 133
Texans 0.473 121 135
Bills 0.473 121 135
Packers 0.469 120 136
32)Patriots 0.453 116 140

Strength of schedule is a bunch of hogwash, imo. Subtract the Colts record and it jumps us near the middle. I'm pretty sure the Bears would've won a few more with Cutler. IMO, this schedule's pretty tough.

Dutchrudder
04-18-2012, 09:49 AM

He actually thinks he will make it to week 9 of the season? I'd use that as the over/under for him.

I'm sure he will have a strained groin, a bum shoulder, turf toe or something to excuse himself from not showing up on the stat sheet that day. Duane Brown will have a good time keeping him out of the backfield and letting him run 10 yards past the QB.

Also, if he is actually playing that week, don't forget to make the "Mario is SOOO Awesome!" thread to ruin his mojo.

_Dre
04-18-2012, 11:17 AM
I wish we could had atleast another prime time game at home. But beggers can't be choosers. Excited for this season.

gwallaia
04-18-2012, 11:21 AM
I bet Mario gets a nice reception from the crowd.

Texan_Bill
04-18-2012, 11:21 AM
He actually thinks he will make it to week 9 of the season? I'd use that as the over/under for him.

I'm sure he will have a strained groin, a bum shoulder, turf toe or something to excuse himself from not showing up on the stat sheet that day. Duane Brown will have a good time keeping him out of the backfield and letting him run 10 yards past the QB.

Also, if he is actually playing that week, don't forget to make the "Mario is SOOO Awesome!" thread to ruin his mojo.

I tweeted basically this, this morning. ^^^^^

A lot of Texans fans were tweeting @bbwolf90 (Marilou Williams) and busting his azz for that tweet.

DonnyMost
04-18-2012, 11:40 AM
Judgment day... more like "lack of judgment" day... signing with the Bills, really?

Kaiser Toro
04-18-2012, 11:56 AM
I bet Mario gets a nice reception from the crowd.

I would prefer silence, from the crowd, when his name is being called.

ATXtexanfan
04-18-2012, 12:23 PM

i'm already fielding offers on those tickets. i would like to see the packers but coming down from austin for a sunday night game and work on monday is tough. don't get the gripe about opposing fans wanting to see their team. especially when they will spend way over face value. that basically covers alot of my bill. actually, i always bring fans from opposing teams. they usually cover all expenses

HTown2ATX
04-18-2012, 01:03 PM
I dig the 5 national TV games....very cool even though 4 are on the road.

I'm trying to think of a nice way to tell my family in advance so there are no surprises that if they plan on eating or doing formal stuff that requires the TV being off during the Texans game on Thanksgiving to not bother inviting me. I'd rather not argue or have the hassle if I am there and they want to sit down and be all formal and picture perfect family during the game....I will be watching the game! (I won't have my daughter this Thanksgiving so I'm going for total football/beer Thanksgiving haha) /end

#readyfortheseasonalready

JCTexan
04-18-2012, 01:12 PM
My early predictions:

Miami-W
@Jacksonville-W
@Denver-W
Tennessee-W
@New York-W
Green Bay-L
Baltimore-L
Bye
Buffalo-W
@Chicago-W
Jacksonville-W
@Detroit-W
@Tennessee-L
@New England-L
Indianapolis-W
Minnesota-W
@Indianapolis-L

I got them at 11-5.

El Tejano
04-18-2012, 01:56 PM
I'm curious how we managed to get Denver. We don't play anyone else from the AFC West. NFL Network already talked about Denver going 0-2, why not 0-3 since they have to play us?

Anyonelse think Manning asked for this game and the NFL is going to do alot to oblige him?

GlassHalfFull
04-18-2012, 02:03 PM
I'm curious how we managed to get Denver. We don't play anyone else from the AFC West. NFL Network already talked about Denver going 0-2, why not 0-3 since they have to play us?

Anyonelse think Manning asked for this game and the NFL is going to do alot to oblige him?

No.

Currently, each team's 16-game regular season schedule is set using a pre-determined formula:[2]

Each team plays the other three teams in their division twice: once at home, and once on the road (six games).
Each team plays the four teams from another division within its own conference once on a rotating three-year cycle: two at home, and two on the road (four games).
Each team plays the four teams from a division in the other conference once on a rotating four-year cycle: two at home, and two on the road (four games).
Each team plays once against the other teams in its conference that finished in the same place in their own divisions as themselves in the previous season, not counting the division they were already scheduled to play: one at home, one on the road (two games).

JCTexan
04-18-2012, 02:11 PM
@Denver and home against Baltimore are the two games. Indianapolis has Cleveland and @Kansas City, Tennessee has Pittsburgh and @San Diego, and Jacksonville has Cincinnati and @Oakland. Only differences in the schedule.

HTown2ATX
04-18-2012, 02:12 PM

Nah, I think if Manning asked for a game it would be against Indy if they don't already play them.

Speedy
04-18-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano

No.

Quote:
Currently, each team's 16-game regular season schedule is set using a pre-determined formula:[2]

Each team plays the other three teams in their division twice: once at home, and once on the road (six games).
Each team plays the four teams from another division within its own conference once on a rotating three-year cycle: two at home, and two on the road (four games).
Each team plays the four teams from a division in the other conference once on a rotating four-year cycle: two at home, and two on the road (four games).
Each team plays once against the other teams in its conference that finished in the same place in their own divisions as themselves in the previous season, not counting the division they were already scheduled to play: one at home, one on the road (two games).

And it's only been like this for 10 years now.

Provided the 16 game schedule doesn't change, here's who the Texans play in 2017;
Home: Cleveland, Pittsburgh, 49ers, Seattle, Indy, Jax, Inbreds and an AFC west team
Road: Baltimore, Cincy, Arizona, Rams, Indy, Jax, Inbreds, and an AFC east team.

Ryan
04-18-2012, 03:09 PM

:cool:

ckhouston
04-18-2012, 03:18 PM
Here is how I see it.

Miami-W
@Jacksonville-W
@Denver-L
Tennessee-W
@New York-L
Green Bay-W
Baltimore-W
Bye
Buffalo-W
@Chicago-L
Jacksonville-W
@Detroit-W
@Tennessee-W
@New England-W
Indianapolis-W
Minnesota-W
@Indianapolis-W

13-3 with home field in the playoffs.

BullBlitz
04-18-2012, 03:53 PM

I'm not selling my tickets, but I'll be wearing a Packers jersey to the game. Texans are great, but I've been a Packers' fan since I was a kid. I'll pull for the Texans to win 14 games. If they win most of those, they will be just fine.

ckhouston
04-18-2012, 04:12 PM

There is a sports bar on FM 1960 between 59 in Humble and W. Lake Houston Pkwy called Colburns that has Packer memorabilia all over the walls and is recognized by the Packers and their fan club as an official Packer bar/fan meeting place.

Anytime anyone wanted to throw on some Texans gear and show up there and raise a little ruckus ... maybe during a GB vs. Texans game ... just sayin. :)

JPPT1974
04-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Seems like the team is ready for prime time and Thanksgiving. With four night games for 2012.

jaayteetx
04-18-2012, 04:27 PM

No, schedules are set years ahead and are based off of standings for the previous year. If Oakland had won the division we would be playing them instead.

Maddict5
04-18-2012, 05:09 PM

:kubepalm::wadepalm:

http://www.bloggingbroker.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/tinfoil_hat.jpg

GuerillaBlack
04-18-2012, 05:35 PM
Miami-W
@Jacksonville-W
@Denver-W
Tennessee-W
@New York-W
Green Bay-W
Baltimore-W
Bye
Buffalo-W
@Chicago-L
Jacksonville-W
@Detroit-L
@Tennessee-W
@New England-L
Indianapolis-W
Minnesota-W
@Indianapolis-W if playing for something...loss if resting starters.

Won't lose until at Chicago on SNF. Will finish the season 12-4. At Indy is a win if they are playing for something.

GlassHalfFull
04-18-2012, 05:37 PM
I'm not selling my tickets, but I'll be wearing a Packers jersey to the game. Texans are great, but I've been a Packers' fan since I was a kid. I'll pull for the Texans to win 14 games. If they win most of those, they will be just fine.

Wait, what section are you in? I think you sit behind me.

ObsiWan
04-18-2012, 05:47 PM
I like it because I can go play a round of golf in the early morning and be home in time for the Texans' game.

You play golf AND cheer for the Texans?

Man, you ARE a masochistic puppy aren't you?
:kitten:

SheTexan
04-18-2012, 05:54 PM

Hummmm! I've never quite understood this way of thinking, but, to each his own. This is one reason Texan fans should not biatch so much about the number of Cowboy fans that show up at games, esp when we play them. Once a Cowboy fan always a Cowboy fan, and fans of other teams obviously are not willing to change.

I've been a NINER fan since I was a kid, won lots of money off my brothers who HATED them, but, I will NEVER pull for them when they play the TEXANS! Any other time, YES, I want them to kick ass, but, NEVER when they play us.

False Start
04-18-2012, 05:59 PM
I've been a NINER fan since I was a kid, won lots of money off my brothers who HATED them, but, I will NEVER pull for them when they play the TEXANS! Any other time, YES, I want them to kick ass, but, NEVER when they play us.

I'm the same way with the 49'ers, they have always been my second favorite team. When it comes down to us playing them though, they might as well be the Titans or the Cowgirls. :bat: :texflag:

disaacks3
04-18-2012, 06:00 PM
You gotta remember though, that was back in 04. Our fan base then was no where near what it is now. IMO of course. I think Reliant will be packed with Texan fans with a fair amount of packer fans Did you see the Steelers game last year? We were seriously close to 50/50...and that's in the Bull Pen!

Norg
04-18-2012, 07:12 PM
well winning all the time does bring alot of fan bases and the steelers and packers are pretty much the ideal way to build your ball club model to go buy

Lurvinator11
04-18-2012, 08:03 PM

Rep this man right now!

Made the prediction before the schedule was even released!

The Pencil Neck
04-18-2012, 08:07 PM
Hummmm! I've never quite understood this way of thinking, but, to each his own. This is one reason Texan fans should not biatch so much about the number of Cowboy fans that show up at games, esp when we play them. Once a Cowboy fan always a Cowboy fan, and fans of other teams obviously are not willing to change.

I just think it says that BullBlitz isn't primarily a Texan fan. He's primarily a Packer fan. We're probably his #2 or #3 favorite team.

And that's OK.

I'm a Texan fan first and I think most of us are. (Although there are a couple of Cowboy fans here.) But I have other teams that I like. I lived in eastern Pennsylvania for awhile and became an Eagle fan while I was there but they're not my primary team.

Giant Tiger
04-18-2012, 11:54 PM
I was hoping to make it down for a game this year, but this schedule doesn't work out too well for me. Maybe Tennessee or Baltimore. Hope I can make it, though. OTOH, the schedule looks good for the team, except for that stretch on the road late. As long as they get off to a good start :texans:

ThaShark316
04-19-2012, 10:47 AM

Oh my God http://static.bbmp3.com/smilies/0_rofl.gif

El Tejano
04-19-2012, 10:57 AM
Alright everyone. Sorry if I don't know the exact formula for how they come up with the games.

Vinnie
04-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Alright everyone. Sorry if I don't know the exact formula for how they come up with the games.

Hey, I was buying into it. Then again, I'm a conspiracy theory fan.

http://tribalinsight.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/i-want-to-believe.jpg?w=192&h=240

GP
04-19-2012, 12:50 PM

Peyton Manning is so smart...he saw into the future and knew he'd be with the Broncos and that the Texans would play the Broncos in 2012.

Peyton is a cyborg from the future. I am convinced of it, like Vinnie said.

SheTexan
04-19-2012, 03:26 PM
We better be happy with our schedule, it could be worst. Jgl35 (John) told me the Ravens have 4 games in 17 days to start the season. Man, that would suck. Seems like poor planning to me, and I would be ticked off if I was a Raven Coach, or player. NOT that I have any love for the blackbirds, BUT, that's still rough.

Allstar
04-19-2012, 07:08 PM
We better be happy with our schedule, it could be worst. Jgl35 (John) told me the Ravens have 4 games in 17 days to start the season. Man, that would suck. Seems like poor planning to me, and I would be ticked off if I was a Raven Coach, or player. NOT that I have any love for the blackbirds, BUT, that's still rough.

There's no way that's right.

jaayteetx
04-19-2012, 07:17 PM

yep, it is...http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Gameday/Schedule.aspx

SheTexan
04-19-2012, 07:20 PM

They open at home on MNF on Sept 10th
Eagles on Sunday 9/16
SNF against the Pats on 9/23
Come back on Thurs 9/27 and play the Browns.

4 games in 17 days. BUT, after looking at it, the 4 days between the Pats and Browns is the only tough stretch.

Heath Shuler
04-19-2012, 07:21 PM
yep, it is...http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Gameday/Schedule.aspx

yeah but one game is vs the Browns so does that really count?

Allstar
04-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Eagles on Sunday 9/16

4 games in 17 days. BUT, after looking at it, the 4 days between the Pats and Browns is the only tough stretch.

Wow, that sucks for them :lol:

drs23
04-19-2012, 07:53 PM
3 of the 4 are at home with a trip to Philly on 5 days rest, one day less than normal. Hell they could take a cab.

Cleveland at home on 4 days rest...

and Heath Shuler points out:

yeah but one game is vs the Browns so does that really count?

Sounds a lot worse than it is I think.

JCTexan
04-20-2012, 02:09 PM
Eagles on Sunday 9/16

Except for week seven-teen there will be a Thursday game every week of the season. The Packers-Bears will open the season with two games in four days since they play Thursday in week two. The Panthers will play three games in eleven days. Nothing really looks out of the norm with the Ravens schedule except that they play their first game on MNF.

thunderkyss
04-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Strength of schedule is a bunch of hogwash, imo. Subtract the Colts record and it jumps us near the middle. I'm pretty sure the Bears would've won a few more with Cutler. IMO, this schedule's pretty tough.

While this may be true, this will be the first time Gary Kubiak's Texans have started the season with a S.O.S. below .500

Expectations are going to be up..... even higher than they normally are for the Texans. 2011, I think we lived up to our expectations, but we had a lot of help, Peyton Manning, Blaine Gabbert, the Browns, Blaine Gabbert, CJ2ypc. Even with everything we had to deal with, more things "fell" our way than not.

It's April & we're looking at a schedule we should dominate. That wasn't the case 12 months ago. It's now time to see how this organization performs against those expectations.

TexanSam
05-06-2012, 10:20 PM
Miami-W
@Jacksonville-W
@Denver-W
Tennessee-L
@New York-W
Green Bay-L
Baltimore-W
Bye
Buffalo-W
@Chicago-W