PDA

View Full Version : NFL Goes Undercover

CloakNNNdagger
04-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Unruly fans must pass code-of-conduct exam to return to games (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/15/unruly-fans-must-pass-code-of-conduct-exam-to-return-to-games/)

The NFL hatched during the 2011 playoffs the brilliant (and thatís not sarcastic . . . for a change) idea of putting undercover cops in the visiting teamís gear in order to catch those who would subject fans of the visiting team to mistreatment. The NFL has a somewhat less brilliant idea for determining when and if unruly fans back into games.

According to Gary Buiso of the New York Post, the NFL will require fans ejected from games to pass an online code of conduct exam before they can return.

The test will be administered upon completion of a four-hour online course, which costs $75. To pass the test, the fans must answer correctly at least 70 percent of the following brain-twisting (sarcasm) true-or-false questions: ďEvery fan has a right to like any team they wish. Using abusive language towards fans who support teams you donít like will not be tolerated.Ē

The program was first used in 2010, at MetLife Stadium and Gillette Stadium.

It makes sense to give fans a second chance, especially at a time when the NFL desperately wants fans to choose to attend games. But, again, a second chance gone bad can become the foundation of a lawsuit. If the NFL allows a fan who has been flagged for abusive behavior back into the building based on the outcome of a least-common-denominator online test and the fan inflicts injury at some point in the future, the NFL, the team, and/or the stadium will face the argument that the powers-that-be negligently failed to protect the injured fan from someone they knew or should have known to be a potential source of violence.

Of course, those claims will likely be covered by insurance. And itís far easier to pay the premiums if you let unruly fans buy tickets ó especially after they fork over an extra $75 for the privilege of doing so.

By the end of the season, will there be any Raiders fans in the seats when they play at home?:kitten:

Wolf
04-15-2012, 12:25 PM
Dang jags must be happy, unroll a tarp or two back :kitten:

TimeKiller
04-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Baiting people into harrassment aside, seems like a good idea to make offenders pay a price. IDK what the deal with undercover cops is but you can call stadium security from your seat and have someone removed.

badboy
04-16-2012, 06:30 PM
Abuse to me shows an innate part of the abuser's psyche and for most part, I think that person should lose the option to attend games. Sit at home and watch tv, ya jerk.

mussop
04-16-2012, 08:43 PM
Philly and Oaklands stands are going to be empty before long.

jaayteetx
04-16-2012, 09:19 PM
I have zero tolerance for this type of crap and the NFL should too. Your found to be abusive, your gone, see ya. Its a freaking sporting event, not gang warfare.

Dutchrudder
04-17-2012, 10:17 AM
I have zero tolerance for this type of crap and the NFL should too. Your found to be abusive, your gone, see ya. Its a freaking sporting event, not gang warfare.

Yeah, but they sure do like to gang up on people. Can you imagine spending all that money to go to a game and getting pelted by snowballs like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvXNjfXbUaQ

It also sucks for the people around them.

SheTexan
04-17-2012, 11:08 AM
As long as the plan applies to visiting fans also! Cowboys fans at our place? Remember that game? I NEVER want to see a repeat of a game like that!

OzzO
04-18-2012, 01:54 PM
wait... how will they force an unruly fan to take a test for $75? Even better, how will they monitor said unruly fan if he doesn't take the test or pass from ever going to another game?

gtexan02
04-18-2012, 02:05 PM
So now jerkass fans are just going to pick on children and old people and other obviously not undercover cops?