PDA

View Full Version : Texans Re-sign ILB Tim Dobbins

The Medic01
04-12-2012, 05:16 PM
@McClain_on_NFL Texans re-signed veteran ILB Tim Dobbins.

Good signing adds some depth plus that Cowboys Linebacker we signed.

IDEXAN
04-12-2012, 05:29 PM
This guy can flat knock your azz off when he hits you.

Texn4life
04-12-2012, 05:34 PM
He's also an extremely underrated Special Teams player. I remember when he first came into the league with the Chargers. He used to lay guys out on kickoff. I may be in the minority, but an off-season full of solid signings isn't the worse thing in the world here.

The Medic01
04-12-2012, 05:37 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d82606d24/Houston-s-goal-line-stand

Dobbins is the one who makes the tackle and stops Ray Rice at the goal-line.

Dutchrudder
04-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Good re-signing, takes away our need to draft an ILB in the higher rounds of the draft.

Yay Dobby!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_-LrDvbJFOvw/TPeDBw6zrkI/AAAAAAAAAYE/vNjd8gi482Y/s400/Dobby%2Bon%2Bbed.jpg

alphajoker
04-12-2012, 06:08 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d82606d24/Houston-s-goal-line-stand

"What a stand by the Houston Texans!"

I'll never forget that play. Everyone in my house went crazy when they made that goal line stand.

Wolf6151
04-12-2012, 07:13 PM

Thanks for the link, I like remembering that series of plays, but it brings up bad memories of Jacoby Jones giving that game away. I still can't believe they let him on the plane back to Houston.

I like the Dobbins signing, along with the James signing it pretty much takes ILB off our draft wish list.

TimeKiller
04-12-2012, 07:22 PM
I'm with Wolf#, these 2 guys pretty much take ILB completely out of the draft.

ThaShark316
04-12-2012, 07:54 PM
"What a stand by the Houston Texans!"

I'll never forget that play. Everyone in my house went crazy when they made that goal line stand.

I ran through the hall way upstairs yelling. Game had a Week 14 vs. CIN feel to it. "We're not losing this ****, man".

kiwitexansfan
04-12-2012, 08:12 PM
A good signing for depth, don't think that it eliminates the need for an ILB.

He couldn't beat out a Ryans most of the board considered broken down and James is considered a bust by a lot of Cowboys fans. Nice for depth and he knows the system which is a bonus but we need an upgrade still.

Fili
04-12-2012, 09:04 PM
:trophy:

pec0sb0b
04-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Texans still have a visit scheduled with LB Mychal Kendricks, Cal, 5-11, 239. He moved inside as a senior (107 tackles with 14.5 tackles for a loss, three sacks, two passes broken up and two interceptions). As a junior he played outside (66 tackles, 15 tackles for a loss and 8.5 sacks). His combine performance has him moving up but looks possible in the third.
40 Time: 4.41. (fastest time for a linebacker in 12 years)
Bench: 24.

Texan_Bill
04-12-2012, 09:43 PM
I'm good with it..

Small move in terms of other teams making big splashes in the offseason, but we need cost effective depth... BTW, dude will hit & rock mother****ers!!!

The Medic01
04-12-2012, 10:56 PM
A good signing for depth, don't think that it eliminates the need for an ILB.

He couldn't beat out a Ryans most of the board considered broken down and James is considered a bust by a lot of Cowboys fans. Nice for depth and he knows the system which is a bonus but we need an upgrade still.

He was a 4th rounder who under Wade Phillips had over 100 tackles for six years in a row and has recorded a 1000 tackles in his career.

GP
04-12-2012, 11:32 PM
Dobbins is underrated.

There was a preseason game when he was surrounded by 3rd stringers and he read the play and totally stopped a drive by the opponent because he knew what the offense was going to do...the rookies around him didn't know, sort of lost their heads pre-snap, but Dobbins reacted to the pre-snap read like a veteran does--He solidified his spot on the final roster with that moment he had.

He had other moments like that, too, such as the playoff game vs. Ravens when our guys are dropping like flies and he's in there trying to stop the bleeding.

We just signed two LBs that Wade Phillips likes a lot, guys Wade has had a history with, and it's been a GOOD history at that!

Good things happen when Wade Phillips gets to buy his own groceries on defense. See: Manning, Joseph, Watt, Reed, Braman, Dobbins, and now Bradie James.

IMO, though, we could still end up taking a LB anywhere in the draft. I think this team isn't going to rest just because it signed Dobbins and James as LBs. If the cards we're dealt in any particular round says that there's a guy at LB who shouldn't be there at our spot...and there's nothing else at our spot that is better than that LB who is sitting there for the taking...we'll take him.

DocBar
04-13-2012, 03:08 AM
I like it. Good teams fill out their rosters with role players like Dobbins and Demps. It's usually the quiet signings that help build quality teams.

kiwitexansfan
04-13-2012, 03:15 AM
He was a 4th rounder who under Wade Phillips had over 100 tackles for six years in a row and has recorded a 1000 tackles in his career.

Your right, he is highly regarded by 'boys fans. I must have confused him with Bobby Carpenter.

DocBar
04-13-2012, 03:20 AM
Are you guys talking about someone else? Maybe named James? Dobbins played for us...

Maddict5
04-13-2012, 08:48 AM
dobbins is the dude who's a ringer for bubbles right?

if so glad to have him back!

Blake
04-13-2012, 08:49 AM
I like it. Now we can wait until the 4th to take an ILB.

Seems like we are going WR first round.

HOU-TEX
04-13-2012, 09:49 AM
I like it. Now we can wait until the 4th to take an ILB.

Seems like we are going WR first round.

I wouldn't complain if we took another OLB either. I might be the one one, but I'm not sold on Reed just yet. If there's a top OLB there in the 1st I'd take him in a heartbeat

Blake
04-13-2012, 12:31 PM
I wouldn't complain if we took another OLB either. I might be the one one, but I'm not sold on Reed just yet. If there's a top OLB there in the 1st I'd take him in a heartbeat

I agree. Thats why I wrote ILB. I actually want the Texans to draft Perry from USC. Then trade up and get one of the WR's that slip in the 2nd.

hookinreds
04-13-2012, 12:51 PM

I loved that play, nearly lost a couple fingers in the ceiling fan. What got me was that Rice was under Dobbins pads and had him upright, but Dobbins was still able to stonewall him.

BattleRedRock
04-13-2012, 02:29 PM
I loved that play, nearly lost a couple fingers in the ceiling fan. What got me was that Rice was under Dobbins pads and had him upright, but Dobbins was still able to stonewall him.

thats bc brooks reed slipped but still had his legs, dobbins just finished the tackle up top