PDA

View Full Version : Question for CND - AJ

Kthx
04-09-2012, 09:32 AM
I remember last year after the hamstring injury, you had mentioned that they had left one of the tendons unattached on AJ's leg, to hopefully speed up the recovery so he could play in the post-season. You had also said this might cause some problems later down the line as far as elite explosiveness etc. Have you heard anything else about this, did they reattach the tendon during the offseason or leave it hanging? Thanks ahead of time.

CloakNNNdagger
04-09-2012, 11:11 AM
I remember last year after the hamstring injury, you had mentioned that they had left one of the tendons unattached on AJ's leg, to hopefully speed up the recovery so he could play in the post-season. You had also said this might cause some problems later down the line as far as elite explosiveness etc. Have you heard anything else about this, did they reattach the tendon during the offseason or leave it hanging? Thanks ahead of time.

No, I have not heard anything further re. AJ. The 2 links to my January 2012 posts found below should pretty much answer your questions concerning my thoughts about AJ's injury, tendon detachment and "consideration" for re-attachment.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1883777&postcount=14

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1885658&postcount=16

Kthx
04-09-2012, 01:07 PM
thanks.

welsh texan
04-09-2012, 06:19 PM
This situation with AJ has me pretty worried, especially when you add in the uncertainty at the QB position (refusing to bank on Schaub coming back/being what he was).

The one thing that makes me hopeful is that if AJ has 'lost' that last 10% or whatever figure you can put on it, I'm guessing he's smart enough to adapt his game around that, and whilst he does use his speed on the field, from what I see he doesn't rely on it as his only means to achieve success.

PapaL
04-09-2012, 09:24 PM
AJ was never really able to fully maximize his speed thanks to Schaub's noodle arm so this is really a push IMO.

welsh texan
04-10-2012, 09:15 AM
AJ was never really able to fully maximize his speed thanks to Schaub's noodle arm so this is really a push IMO.

I know exactly what your saying, I alluded to it a little in my post, but then again I do wonder if it isn't easier to hold up and wait for the ball once you've well and truly burned your defender already.

I thought Schaub's shoulder was hindering his throws quite a bit before he went down to the foot injury as well, it certainly was shaping up to be a down year from him as far as I could see (not too sure what the numbers project to over a full season compared to previous years, but he didn't pass the eye test to me).

Both Schaub & AJ's health are going to be huge factors in how well we start next season, it was painful to watch that D get stop after stop towards the end of last season only for the O to struggle so much, I doubt that brings good results if you go a full 16 games like that.