3-CB-Ron Brooks (LSU)
4-TE-Michael Egnew (Missouri)
4-WR-Greg Childs (Arkansas)
5-DT-Derek Wolfe (Cincinnati)
6-OG/OT-Ryan Miller (Colorado)
7-ILB-Jerry Franklin (Arkansas)

Dutchrudder
04-08-2012, 11:25 AM
I thought Ron Brooks was projected to be an UDFA. Has that changed?

mussop
04-08-2012, 11:37 AM
1-OLB-Whitney Mercilus (Illinois)
2-QB-Kirk Cousins (Michigan State)
3-CB-Ron Brooks (LSU)

I love 4,4,5,6. Not so much the rest. Mercilus is too risky for me. I wouldn't hate Cousins but have my heart set on other players at that point in the draft.

bckey
04-08-2012, 11:47 AM
I thought Ron Brooks was projected to be an UDFA. Has that changed?

I don't see anyway Brooks goes undrafted. He has been average as a cb at LSU but alot of teams are showing interest because of his speed. Return game and nickle corner with that speed is tempting to a lot of teams. You could do worse in the 3rd. I would love to see the Texans get him in a late round but I don't see him lasting.

WolverineFan
04-09-2012, 07:58 AM
No way Wolfe lasts that long. Would love to get him, but we're going to have to use our 3rd to grab him.

bah007
04-09-2012, 09:09 AM
I don't see anyway Brooks goes undrafted. He has been average as a cb at LSU but alot of teams are showing interest because of his speed. Return game and nickle corner with that speed is tempting to a lot of teams. You could do worse in the 3rd. I would love to see the Texans get him in a late round but I don't see him lasting.

You could perhaps do worse in the 3rd. But you could certainly do better. A lot of CBs still out there rated high above Brooks.

Lucky
04-09-2012, 09:21 AM
Walter Football has a consensus draft ranking (http://walterfootball.com/draft2012consensusall.php) from various "major" internet sites. Certainly not definitive, but at least a starting point in determining where to mock prospects.

steelbtexan
04-09-2012, 09:24 AM
1-OLB-Whitney Mercilus (Illinois)- Good pick
2-QB-Kirk Cousins (Michigan State)- Terrible pick, much too high for an avg QB
3-CB-Ron Brooks (LSU)- Terrible pick, Brooks will be a 5-7th rd pick. He is track fast but has terrible agility. His 3-cone drill/shuttle times were awful at the combine. This is the reason he had trouble getting on the field. He will be a great gunner on ST's though.

4-TE-Michael Egnew (Missouri)- Great pick, He's got the speed/size to be an effective red zone threat. Only thing that bothers me is who's the last great TE to come out of Mizzou? Kellen Winslow Sr.? Although quite a few TE's have put up big numbers. They might be products of the system.

4-WR-Greg Childs (Arkansas)- Hope he's still on the board. (Probably not)
5-DT-Derek Wolfe (Cincinnati)- Will probably be gone

6-OG/OT-Ryan Miller (Colorado)- Will probably be gone
7-ILB-Jerry Franklin (Arkansas) Ditto

SteveSlaton20
04-09-2012, 09:22 PM
1-OLB-Whitney Mercilus (Illinois)
2-QB-Kirk Cousins (Michigan State)
3-CB-Ron Brooks (LSU)

worst draft ever

steelbtexan
04-09-2012, 09:45 PM
worst draft ever

Tell us how you really feel.

LOL

Wolf6151
04-10-2012, 12:24 AM
1-OLB-Whitney Mercilus (Illinois), probably gone by our pick but if still available good pick.
2-QB-Kirk Cousins (Michigan State), I've read on other sites that this guy is garbage and way overrated.
3-CB-Ron Brooks (LSU), way to early.
4-TE-Michael Egnew (Missouri), nice pick, not bad.
4-WR-Greg Childs (Arkansas), most likely gone by this point.
5-DT-Derek Wolfe (Cincinnati), definitely gone by this point.
6-OG/OT-Ryan Miller (Colorado), this is the right spot but his height worries me, to tall for OG.
7-ILB-Jerry Franklin (Arkansas), probably gone but if still available great pick down here.

You've got a few good players and a few not so good and several guys being taken later than they'll go in the draft. No way this many quality players fall and we get lucky that many times.