PDA

View Full Version : Top 12 Games for next year

BrandonLwowski
04-05-2012, 01:36 PM
This is from NFL.com on the 12 games to watch next year. Pretty sweet that we are on two of them...

Green Bay Packers at Houston Texans

2. Another stiff test for Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. The Texans got awfully stingy under defensive coordinator Wade Phillips last season, and their front seven might be the AFC's best -- even without Mario Williams and Demeco Ryans. In fact, the outcome of this cross-conference dogfight could hinge on the battle between Texans defensive end J.J. Watt -- the real deal -- and Packers tackle Bryan Bulaga.

Would anyone be that surprised if it was Green Bay and Houston who faced off in Super Bowl XLVII?

3. Houston Texans at Denver Broncos

Aaron Rodgers isn't the only elite quarterback that Phillips' 3-4 will try to pressure into oblivion. Denver hosts Houston in the 2012 season in a game that should have major playoff implications.

Adding more intrigue to this one are the rumors that the Texans were one organization Peyton Manning had on his "yes" list. As many of you out there know, the Texans traditionally had Peyton Manning ills, going 2-16 against him all-time. Two and sixteen. That's domination. How will the 36-year old do with a cast of so-so's against his favorite beatdown partner?

Vinny
04-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Adding more intrigue to this one are the rumors that the Texans were one organization Peyton Manning had on his "yes" list. As many of you out there know, the Texans traditionally had Peyton Manning ills, going 2-16 against him all-time. Two and sixteen. That's domination. How will the 36-year old do with a cast of so-so's against his favorite beatdown partner? But didn't Bob McNair say he ain't worried about Peyton Manning because we beat him....twice in 8 years. Now, he didn't say "once" and he didn't double that and say "twice"...but we did beat him. once or twice.

HOU-TEX
04-05-2012, 02:04 PM
But didn't Bob McNair say he ain't worried about Peyton Manning because we beat him....twice in 8 years. Now, he didn't say "once" and he didn't double that and say "twice"...but we did beat him. once or twice.

He did laugh after he made that statement. IMO, he was being quite facetious

SheTexan
04-05-2012, 02:05 PM
You win or lose against a TEAM, not just one player! The Colts dominated our division for NINE of our ten years! Only time will tell if Denver has the same type of players around PM that made him a star while he was a Colt.

Ryan
04-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Well add more primetime games for us.

b0ng
04-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Well add more primetime games for us.

B-b-b-b-b-but I don't want primetime games cause I may not be able to watch the game, or I have to cook or my tampon might fall out.

BullBlitz
04-05-2012, 03:46 PM
B-b-b-b-b-but I don't want primetime games cause I may not be able to watch the game, or I have to cook or my tampon might fall out.

Probably the third for you.

Fico
04-05-2012, 07:19 PM
You win or lose against a TEAM, not just one player! The Colts dominated our division for NINE of our ten years! Only time will tell if Denver has the same type of players around PM that made him a star while he was a Colt.

I don't think the Colts are the best team to use for your example. I would quickly wager an infinite sum of money that the series would be about even if #18 didn't play for those guys.

BattleRedRock
04-05-2012, 08:47 PM
I think the colts had a bounty system on our secondary.. they must have paid peyton more money for every touch down pass he threw!! bring back Arron Glynn!!

TdotTexas2Step
04-05-2012, 09:04 PM

What?

:wadepalm:

Anyways, I'm really pumped about Packers Vs. Texans, even though they got knocked out early, Green Bay imo is still the best team in the league over the course of a 16 game season. Should be a solid test for us, and hopefully we treat it like a playoff game.

Fili
04-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Hoping to attend the Packers game. I would imagine it would be crazy... 414 yards.............