nero THE zero
04-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Week 1: @car
Week 2: sf
Week 3: @nos
Week 4: min

TEXANS84
04-04-2012, 03:36 PM
Not looking forward to playing on that turf for our week 3 staters game.

TexansBlood
04-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Looks like another trip to New Orleans for me!

TheBigpaki
04-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Great we get the best games at home. 2nd & 4th. :gun:

NitroGSXR
04-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Not looking forward to playing on that turf for our week 3 staters game.

Why? I would think the idea would be to want to play anywhere else. We have one of the worst fields (if not the worst) in the NFL, don't we?

DX-TEX
04-04-2012, 04:36 PM
@NO Saints is a national game. Saturday night on CBS.

paycheck71
04-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Why? I would think the idea would be to want to play anywhere else. We have one of the worst fields (if not the worst) in the NFL, don't we?

As bad as it sometimes looks, the players rank it fairly well. This is after the 2010 season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/25818/playing-the-field-how-nfl-surfaces-rate

Lucky
04-04-2012, 05:55 PM
So the Cowboys are no longer a regular on the preseason schedule? Too bad, I wanted to do a road trip to see the stadium.

That Viking game will probably be on a Thursday night. Not a good tailgate night.

Norg
04-04-2012, 06:10 PM
and dont expect Matt schaub to play half of these games LOL

look like ol TJ yates and who ever our 3rd stringer is will get alot of snaps

ObsiWan
04-04-2012, 06:18 PM
and dont expect Matt schaub to play half of these games LOL

look like ol TJ yates and who ever our 3rd stringer is will get alot of snaps

No biggie... That's kind of the way it was last preseason. In P/S game 1, the 1st teamers played about 2-3 series then sat down. The next game the played the 1st qtr and some change then sat down. Only in the 3rd game did they play a bunch. I don't recall any starters playing in the last P/S game.

Showtime100
04-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Here's a link (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/4/4/2925733/nfl-preseason-schedule-49ers-rams-seahawks-cardinals) of other teams' preseason opponents if interested.

(see right column for other teams)

paycheck71
04-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Is it August yet? I'm ready for some training camp news...

Texan_Bill
04-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Week 1: @car
Week 2: sf
Week 3: @nos
Week 4: min

It appears someone will wind up in a club called "the Dundgeon" that has no recollection of ever being there before..... Meanwhile watching Joe Texan doing a faceplant that I never saw before in fornt of said club...... I'm pretty sure that a great Saint fan named Glen (who owns a bar in the quarter) would never consider leading a Texan faction of about 15 into the SuperDome..... BUT That happened!!!

Good times!! GOOD TIMES!!!!!

brakos82
04-05-2012, 12:10 AM
It appears someone will wind up in a club called "the Dundgeon" that has no recollection of ever being there before..... Meanwhile watching Joe Texan doing a faceplant that I never saw before in fornt of said club...... I'm pretty sure that a great Saint fan named Glen (who owns a bar in the quarter) would never consider leading a Texan faction of about 15 into the SuperDome..... BUT That happened!!!

Also, the pepper plant you never fell onto is getting lonely. :ahhaha:

ObsiWan
04-05-2012, 12:29 AM

Also, the pepper plant you never fell onto is getting lonely. :ahhaha:

you guys still have imaginary friends at your ages?
seriously...?
:kitten:

drs23
04-05-2012, 10:45 AM
you guys still have imaginary friends at your ages?
seriously...?
:kitten:

Obis, I can't vouch for whether they were imaginary or not but I heard stories. As they say "What happens in NO, stays in NO". Sure glad I had a hankering for a steak from Brennans instead. That wise move surely kept me out of the bowels of "the Dungeon". Don't know if I was really any more ahead of the game though since I don't even remember the long walk back to my room. Wonder if it had anything to do with running into that fellow who insisted upon sharing a blunt with me as he was sitting there waiting on the stop sign to turn green. :D

Was a hell of a road trip and had a hell of a great time, I think. :thinking:

BattleRedRock
04-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Pre season just gives me another reason to drink.. woo hoo Texans football is on its way! (gulp gulp) Man, TJ is throwing the ball well he had a great off season(gulp gulp) , wow sharpton recovered nicely from his injury woo hoo (gulp gulp) and our new unis look nice (gulp gulp).. cuz other than that its kinda tiffy which is what our team needs considering our history with injuries.. Id rather hear about how much they stretched and ran so that way i know we're not gonna suffer any more hamstring injuries due to lack of preparation or lock out

Texan_Bill
04-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Obis, I can't vouch for whether they were imaginary or not but I heard stories. As they say "What happens in NO, stays in NO". Sure glad I had a hankering for a steak from Brennans instead. That wise move surely kept me out of the bowels of "the Dungeon". Don't know if I was really any more ahead of the game though since I don't even remember the long walk back to my room. Wonder if it had anything to do with running into that fellow who insisted upon sharing a blunt with me as he was sitting there waiting on the stop sign to turn green. :D

It was a great trip but it seemed like the ride home took 10 hours.

JB
04-05-2012, 06:20 PM

Good Times indeed! I even remember parts of it...

Historyhorn
04-07-2012, 10:30 AM
Whatever happened to the Silver Boot in Pre-Season week 3?

I know they cancelled the game in the first year of the new Cowboys Stadium due to "logistics" issues associated with the opening of Jerryworld.

But that was more to Jerry wanting to rig who his first opponent and when those first opponents would visit his sandbox.

The assumption was that it would resume the very next year, but that didn't happen last year and the two teams aren't on the schedule this year either.

Anyone know what caused the game to be killed?

Go Texans

Showtime100
04-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Whatever happened to the Silver Boot in Pre-Season week 3?

I know they cancelled the game in the first year of the new Cowboys Stadium due to "logistics" issues associated with the opening of Jerryworld.

But that was more to Jerry wanting to rig who his first opponent and when those first opponents would visit his sandbox.

The assumption was that it would resume the very next year, but that didn't happen last year and the two teams aren't on the schedule this year either.

Anyone know what caused the game to be killed?

Go Texans

I can only hypothesize but I can't imagine, based on his efforts to keep the Texans off the Dallas airwaves, that Jerrah doesn't want the game because that would mean exposure for the Texans in DFW. I don't know, but it sounds like something JJ would do. :)

ObsiWan
04-07-2012, 01:57 PM

They let you guys into N.O. UNSUPERVISED?!?!
:toropalm:

SheTexan
04-07-2012, 03:17 PM

Gma was there, BUT, they couldn't keep up so I had to leave them behind!!:drunk::beerfunnel::shots::winky:

drs23
04-08-2012, 09:24 AM

Yep, see above.:thumbup

GlassHalfFull
04-08-2012, 10:26 AM
I can only hypothesize but I can't imagine, based on his efforts to keep the Texans off the Dallas airwaves, that Jerrah doesn't want the game because that would mean exposure for the Texans in DFW. I don't know, but it sounds like something JJ would do. :)

This sounds about right.