PDA

View Full Version : Looking for donations for silent auction package

Lil Red
04-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Hi everyone! For those of you who don't know me, I'm Yankee_in_TX's wife. I'm on the Young Friends Board for CanCare, a local nonprofit that supports cancer patients and their families. I am putting together a Texans silent auction package for our upcoming crawfish boil. Does anyone have anything they would like to donate? I'd love to have an autographed item or two, a couple tickets (preseason is okay!), etc.

CanCare is a local nonprofit that matches cancer patients and their families with volunteers who have gone through a similar type of cancer/treatment. It really helps give people peace of mind when they can talk to someone who has gone through the same thing! Another former cheerleader, Sonya, and I are both on the board. It's a great organization. Check out the website: www.cancare.org

Even if you don't have something to donate, we'd love to have you all come out to our crawfish boil! It's on April 28th at Blanco's on West Alabama. It's always a great time and our biggest fundraiser of the year. Plus, ALL YOU CAN EAT CRAWFISH AND ALL YOU CAN DRINK BEER FOR $25 in advance, $30 at the door. There are sponsorship opportunities, too, if your business wants to get involved. Go to http://www.cancare.org/register-crawfish-boil.asp for details. (If you just want to buy individual tickets, scroll down past all the sponsorship levels and you'll see "Individual Tickets: Select Qty".)

Thanks and GO TEXANS!!! :texflag:

Lindsay

Drew_Smoke
04-04-2012, 10:28 AM
I'm in....let me dig around and see what I have in my Texans goodie stash. And if I am not cooking on that date I may come see y'all.

You had me at "crawfish." lol

Drew_Smoke
04-04-2012, 10:34 AM
I just looked at your site and will do a Silver sponsorship, too. If you will write me and send me an address I will cut you a check.

Sales@TexasGreenDreams.com is the biz that supports my bbq habit.

I bought an XL #23 jersey the other day. It's stitched but is a knockoff I am sure. You can have that if it works for you.

And I can throw in some bbq rub, too. Kinda make it a "tailgate" thing if you think it will help.

Thanks

P.S. I HATE CANCER!!!

Yankee_In_TX
04-04-2012, 11:10 AM
Like Lindsay said, even if folks can't help sponsor, it is a SUPER fun event! I think Ted and Kathryn joined us a few years ago....

Live music, and all you can eat and drink....

GlassHalfFull
04-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Sounds like fun and for a good cause. I will see if I can get Ted and Kat there.

What kind of things do you want for the basket? I am sure we can find something to donate.

Texan_Bill
04-04-2012, 12:29 PM
I don't really have anything to donate, but I'll be there Saturday the 28th!

HouSportsWriter
04-04-2012, 01:22 PM
I am willing to donate my auth demeco ryans signed mini helmet comes with tristar verifcation.

:]

HouSportsWriter
04-04-2012, 01:49 PM
I am willing to donate my auth demeco ryans signed mini helmet comes with tristar verifcation.

:]

p.s. i will most likely not be able to go because to young to drink + i do not like crawfish lol.

but send a pm to where i can send it =]

Drew_Smoke
04-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Maybe Andy & Amy can find a sitter??? How about you, Toro?

I am gonna ask some of my friends so I may buy some extra tix from y'all..

majestrate
04-04-2012, 07:49 PM
If we donate tickets to a game, how is that going to be handled since they haven't been sent out yet?

Texan_Bill
04-04-2012, 09:35 PM

http://gifs.gifbin.com/1234525508_ben_stiller_-_do_it.gif

BullBlitz
04-04-2012, 11:54 PM
I have an NFL-regulation helmet signed by Brian Cushing. It was given to me as a gift, and frankly I couldn't care less about it.

Lil Red
04-05-2012, 01:04 PM
You guys are amazing, thank you so much!! All of the items that have been offered sound awesome and will be great additions to the package!

As far as tickets go, if someone would like to donate them, I will coordinate with the winner and you to get everything taken care of once the tickets arrive. It'll be on the honor system, but I trust you guys. :)

For those of you donating items, I'll pm you to work out the details.

Can't wait to see everyone on the 28th! :wesmantexanfan:

Texan_Bill
04-05-2012, 09:29 PM
http://www.tinygif.com/data/media/19/ben_stiller_do_it.gif

Texan_Bill
04-05-2012, 09:36 PM
You guys are amazing, thank you so much!! All of the items that have been offered sound awesome and will be great additions to the package!

As far as tickets go, if someone would like to donate them, I will coordinate with the winner and you to get everything taken care of once the tickets arrive. It'll be on the honor system, but I trust you guys. :)

For those of you donating items, I'll pm you to work out the details.

Can't wait to see everyone on the 28th! :wesmantexanfan:

I lied.. I have an actual helmet signed by HSNBN that I won in a silent auction at the Intercontinental Hotel for an NFL Quarterbacks Club where they introduced Warren Moon into the club, and this was even before Carr was officially drafted BUT the Texans had already declared that they were going to pick him #1.....

I've held onto it because I thought I would get many other Texans sigs to cover up that $850.00 embarrassment, but alas.... I got nothing.

texanmojo
04-07-2012, 11:41 AM
I lied.. I have an actual helmet signed by HSNBN that I won in a silent auction at the Intercontinental Hotel for an NFL Quarterbacks Club where they introduced Warren Moon into the club, and this was even before Carr was officially drafted BUT the Texans had already declared that they were going to pick him #1.....

I've held onto it because I thought I would get many other Texans sigs to cover up that $850.00 embarrassment, but alas.... I got nothing.

850 bucks? Yeah...you are right. That IS an embarrassment.

Yankee_In_TX
04-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Just got this:

We are running a special for 50% off tickets for the Young Friends of CanCare Crawfish Boil now until Friday. Simply click on the link below, scroll down, enter the amout of tickets you would like to purchase and enter the coupon code (YFCC50) in the notes section of the form. When your card is processed you will rcieve the 50% off discount. Please feel free to spread the word! See you on the 28th!

https://www4980.ssldomain.com/cancare/register-crawfish-boil.asp

BIG TORO
04-10-2012, 03:07 PM

More than Likely I will be able to make it.

GlassHalfFull
04-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Any age requirements? Sean and his gf would like to come with us, they are 18.

Bull Pen 1
04-14-2012, 12:09 AM
Hi everyone! For those of you who don't know me, I'm Yankee_in_TX's wife. I'm on the Young Friends Board for CanCare, a local nonprofit that supports cancer patients and their families. I am putting together a Texans silent auction package for our upcoming crawfish boil. Does anyone have anything they would like to donate? I'd love to have an autographed item or two, a couple tickets (preseason is okay!), etc.

CanCare is a local nonprofit that matches cancer patients and their families with volunteers who have gone through a similar type of cancer/treatment. It really helps give people peace of mind when they can talk to someone who has gone through the same thing! Another former cheerleader, Sonya, and I are both on the board. It's a great organization. Check out the website: www.cancare.org

Even if you don't have something to donate, we'd love to have you all come out to our crawfish boil! It's on April 28th at Blanco's on West Alabama. It's always a great time and our biggest fundraiser of the year. Plus, ALL YOU CAN EAT CRAWFISH AND ALL YOU CAN DRINK BEER FOR $25 in advance, $30 at the door. There are sponsorship opportunities, too, if your business wants to get involved. Go to http://www.cancare.org/register-crawfish-boil.asp for details. (If you just want to buy individual tickets, scroll down past all the sponsorship levels and you'll see "Individual Tickets: Select Qty".)

Lindsay

I have a football to donate, do I just bring it with me or do I send it to you?

I just bought 4 tickets, I LOVE crawfish !!!!!

Joe Texan
04-15-2012, 10:17 PM
I have a 48 inch bigscreen. It's an older size tv but would donate if it will help get hold of me if you want it

Andrew6
04-18-2012, 04:29 AM
thats the same day as the Corvettes and Crawfish show for St. Judes in Clear lake. If anyone has a set up for pay pal I'll donate to it.

Kimmy
04-18-2012, 10:01 AM

Lindsay

We can throw in 2 Vikings at Texans Aug 30th preseason tickets :)

HouSportsWriter
04-18-2012, 01:51 PM
We can throw in 2 Vikings at Texans Aug 30th preseason tickets :)

I will start it out at 10$ bid. I want the tickets, but I will not be able to go haha...

Lil Red
04-18-2012, 04:08 PM
Thanks everyone! Keep it all coming! I'm sending PMs to you all shortly...

Yankee_In_TX
04-19-2012, 06:28 PM
I have a football to donate, do I just bring it with me or do I send it to you?

I just bought 4 tickets, I LOVE crawfish !!!!!

Sorry, Lindsay didn't see the new posts until today and has been swamped.

Please contact her at your convenience and she will work out getting your info and picking up the donation (if needed)!

Thank you!!!!!!!

713 240 6520
lkscovil@yahoo.com

It's a fun event, I hope you get to attend.

Ryan

Lil Red
04-24-2012, 09:50 AM
Hi everyone! I was able to confirm that this is a family-friendly event! Bring your kids of all ages. The beers are self-serve, so obviously don't let anyone underage drink. But everyone is welcome!

Also, I've heard a rumor that there's going to be a special today for $20 tickets (normally $25 in advance or $30 at the door). As soon as I get more info, I'll let y'all know!

HouSportsWriter and BullBlitz, did y'all get my PMs?

Yankee_In_TX
04-24-2012, 01:49 PM
Sale on admission tickets again:

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww4980.ssldomain.com%2Fcanc are%2Fregister-crawfish-boil.asp&h=2AQECaTJYAQHzGOiHKpsUwDN6xMW7PbU3DZEx9mThOhoq1w

Drew_Smoke
04-24-2012, 04:35 PM
See y'all there......

Lil Red
04-24-2012, 04:41 PM
Sale on admission tickets again:

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww4980.ssldomain.com%2Fcanc are%2Fregister-crawfish-boil.asp&h=2AQECaTJYAQHzGOiHKpsUwDN6xMW7PbU3DZEx9mThOhoq1w

This link will work as well: https://www4980.ssldomain.com/cancare/register-crawfish-boil.asp

Scroll down past the sponsorship info to where it says "Individual Tickets/Select Qty." It still says $25, but if you buy today, your credit card will only be charged $20. Can't wait to see everyone!!

majestrate
04-25-2012, 12:29 AM
I never heard back, was that form filled out okay, or do I need to redo it?

Yankee_In_TX
04-25-2012, 09:19 PM
I never heard back, was that form filled out okay, or do I need to redo it?

She told me to tell you all is good, let us know if you need anything.

GlassHalfFull
04-26-2012, 02:04 PM
We have our tickets. How long does it run?

Starts at 2, goes until?

Yankee_In_TX
04-26-2012, 05:09 PM
We have our tickets. How long does it run?

Starts at 2, goes until?

The silent auction ends at 5:30 and the live auction is at 5:00. After that the event is over.

Texan_Bill
04-26-2012, 11:04 PM
Ryan,

I have no donations, BUT Gibbs and I will be there!! Just remind me (if you will) what time.... Thanks!!

Yankee_In_TX
04-26-2012, 11:49 PM
Ryan,

I have no donations, BUT Gibbs and I will be there!! Just remind me (if you will) what time.... Thanks!!

Starts at 2!

Kimmy
04-27-2012, 09:50 AM
She told me to tell you all is good, let us know if you need anything.

Can we still get 20.00 tix?

Yankee_In_TX
04-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Can we still get 20.00 tix?

Check their website, I am not sure. If not they are $25 or $30 at the door.

Texan_Bill
04-27-2012, 08:26 PM
********BUMP********

BTW, what time does the event start?

Yankee_In_TX
04-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Starts at 2!

*bump* still starts at 2 :P

Texan_Bill
04-27-2012, 10:18 PM
*bump* still starts at 2 :P

Thanks!! Gibbs and I will be there, shortly there after!!

GlassHalfFull
04-28-2012, 03:36 PM
Hey Ryan, Lindsay says to get on over here.

Ps. What time does it start again?

JB
04-28-2012, 06:21 PM
Figures I would just now see this...

May have to come around a bit more often

Yankee_In_TX
04-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Hey Ryan, Lindsay says to get on over here.

Ps. What time does it start again?

Hope y'all had fun and got your fill!!!

Bull Pen 1
04-29-2012, 07:25 PM
We had a great time and the crawfish and beer was good also.

Drew_Smoke
04-30-2012, 12:29 PM
Great job on a nice event. I hope y'all raised big buckets of $$$.

I am hoping Cowboy fan nutted up, bid, won and moved from the darkside.

"Dude...buy this and we will take you in."

Yankee_In_TX
04-30-2012, 01:17 PM
Glad everyone had a great time. Sounds like it was a financial success, so thank you to everyone who donated or came out, very worthy cause.

Drew_Smoke
04-30-2012, 02:12 PM
See if this works...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=282247655199768&set=vb.100002436077519&type=2&theater

And hit me up on their too if you like.

Drew_Smoke
04-30-2012, 03:54 PM
One of the photogs gave me her card. These are the pics...

http://lastnightpics.com/#/gallery/cancare-crawfish-boil-karen-dressel-28-apr-2012/

majestrate
05-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Who won the silent auction package with the tickets I donated, and any idea if they want the physical tickets or the electronic ones? Also, need an address to send them to, when you get a chance

Bull Pen 1
05-03-2012, 11:42 PM
Who won the silent auction package with the tickets I donated, and any idea if they want the physical tickets or the electronic ones? Also, need an address to send them to, when you get a chance

The tickets were bundled together wit a football, an expansion USA Today newspaper and a AF jersey. It went for a total $350.00 if I remember correctly.

majestrate
05-04-2012, 12:07 AM
The tickets were bundled together wit a football, an expansion USA Today newspaper and a AF jersey. It went for a total $350.00 if I remember correctly.
Erm, appreciate the info, but I was really asking for the who/where/how info. Meaning, I need to know if they're going to be electronic or physical, and I need the appropriate contact info for whichever type of delivery is chosen (email address for electronic; name/address/phone number for physical).

Texan_Bill
05-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Linsday aka Lil'Red and Ryan, I apologize so much!! Gibbs and I made it by Blancos but very, very late...... The entire event was over before we got there as given by ALL 5 customers left in the joint.

Again, I'm sorry!! Y'all know me and that I have no problem showing or donating to good causes. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I logged onto http://www.cancare.org/ and donated the same amount of what two tickets to the event would've cost...... (had we showed up on time).

majestrate
07-21-2012, 02:39 PM
*bump*

Now that tickets have arrived, I need to know whether to send the physical tickets for the Titans game, or email the electronic tickets (.pdf). So I need a name/physical address or an email address (as appropriate).

Thanks!

Kimmy
07-22-2012, 02:43 AM
So do I!

*bump*

Now that tickets have arrived, I need to know whether to send the physical tickets for the Titans game, or email the electronic tickets (.pdf). So I need a name/physical address or an email address (as appropriate).

Thanks!

Yankee_In_TX
07-22-2012, 11:13 AM
*bump*

Thanks!

Someone for the organization should be contacting you, but I'll remind Lindsay to remind them! Thanks again, it was a great event and this was their best silent auction to date!

Yankee_In_TX
07-24-2012, 09:58 PM
Ok, we let the Can Care folks know tickets have arrived, they should contact you in the next few days!

majestrate
07-25-2012, 11:11 AM
Thanks!