PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Schefter reports: Jacoby Jones, Owen Daniels, and Kareem Jackson released!

GP
04-01-2012, 10:07 AM
In a stunning move, the Texans have released three players who will save the Texans a reported $3 million in cap space.

Officials were not available for comment.

April Fools. ;)

False Start
04-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Well today is April, and Jones, and Kareem are fools so this post is kind of true.

Today is my Daughter's birthday, she is pacing the floors throwing out hints waiting for her presents. I'm gonna draw this one out as long as possible, lol. :heh:

IDEXAN
04-01-2012, 10:18 AM
Nice try GP ! (wish it were true - except for OD).

XI CMURDER IX
04-01-2012, 10:51 AM
I knew it wasn't true when it said Jacoby Jones :kubepalm:

GlassHalfFull
04-01-2012, 11:27 AM
If he hadn't tried to push it and put OD and KJ in there, this could have been a cruel April fools day joke. He would have gotten a lot of people's hopes up.

As it was, not so much

The Medic01
04-01-2012, 12:18 PM
In a stunning move, the Texans have released three players who will save the Texans a reported $3 million in cap space.

Officials were not available for comment.

April Fools. ;)

You freaked me out when I saw OD I was alright with KJ and JJ but I will :roast: you for the Owen Daniels one.

JCTexan
04-01-2012, 12:24 PM
It was actually Kareem Jackson that would have been the most shocking to me.

GlassHalfFull
04-01-2012, 12:27 PM
I am looking for a really good April Fools day joke to play on my 18 yr old son.

So far I have come up with telling him I am pregnant.

The current plan is for me to tell my husband he needs to go the the drugstore. He will ask if my son can go. I will pull him aside and make a big deal about something (son can't hear) then hubby will rush out to the store. 30 min after he comes back, I will pull son aside. Hubby will hide and film.

Too cruel?

NCTexan
04-01-2012, 12:46 PM
I am looking for a really good April Fools day joke to play on my 18 yr old son.

So far I have come up with telling him I am pregnant.

The current plan is for me to tell my husband he needs to go the the drugstore. He will ask if my son can go. I will pull him aside and make a big deal about something (son can't hear) then hubby will rush out to the store. 30 min after he comes back, I will pull son aside. Hubby will hide and film.

Too cruel?

Not if you post it online afterwards!

Marcus
04-01-2012, 02:34 PM
It was actually Kareem Jackson that would have been the most shocking to me.

Yup. As much as we rag on him, the guys who make the decisions love him to death.

You'da had me if it was just JJ and OD, GP. :)

leebigeztx
04-01-2012, 02:41 PM
This will be daniels last yr in a texans uniform. 6m for what he does is way too much.

The Medic01
04-01-2012, 03:29 PM
This will be daniels last yr in a texans uniform. 6m for what he does is way too much.

Yes ALL he did was lead us in receiving yards and was one of the most reliable offensive players.

welsh texan
04-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Yes ALL he did was lead us in receiving yards and was one of the most reliable offensive players.

I can well believe it, we're going to see Garrett Graham get on the field more, and if he proves a success, suddenly OD looks expensive. Great player, but he earns a heck of a lot, and if you had to choose between keeping him and one from Cush, Barwin, Brown for instance, what are you going to do? Antonio Smith I'd put in exactly the same category, great at what he does, but its a less important position in our D than any of the aforementioned guys position is on our team. What are you going to choose?

I think this off-season we've seen our FO make the easiest choices available when they got rid of guys with glaring weaknesses/didn't fit the scheme etc. what will they do for an encore when they are faced with even tougher choices next year?

TdotTexas2Step
04-01-2012, 03:39 PM

+1

You pay the great players, and unfortunately part ways with the good ones.

I remember the days when OD was hurt - which wasn't too long ago - and us Texans fans defended him as a great TE to fans of other teams. And now that he was able to play again, he proved us right.

Our division clinching win against the Bengals was because Daniels decided to show up and finish off Cincinnati on that final drive.