PDA

View Full Version : Eagles LT Jason Peters Ruptures Achilles Tendon While Training.

Ryan
03-30-2012, 12:59 PM
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
Eagles announced LT Jason Peters ruptured his Achilles tendon Tuesday, March 27, while training in Texas. Surgery scheduled for Tuesday.

Over/under 6 games finished for Vick this year?

Rey
03-30-2012, 01:01 PM
Wow...That sucks...

Honoring Earl 34
03-30-2012, 01:36 PM
The curse of Demeco . :overreact:

Dutchrudder
03-30-2012, 01:42 PM
So do you think we could send them Duane Brown for a 3rd?

Blake
03-30-2012, 01:43 PM

We would need to swap 7ths too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Honoring Earl 34
03-30-2012, 01:43 PM

:lol::lol::wadepalm::lol::lol:

Rey
03-30-2012, 01:44 PM

Would have been nice to send them Demeco and Winston for a 2nd and 4th.

SCOTTexans
03-30-2012, 02:15 PM

:kubepalm:

IDEXAN
03-30-2012, 02:50 PM
RT is the guy covering Vick's azz, not Peters.

Rey
03-30-2012, 02:52 PM

Exactly...Which is why it would have been nice if we would have held on to Winston and traded him with Demeco...Maybe we could have gotten a much sweeter deal...

Carr Bombed
03-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Exactly...Which is why it would have been nice if we would have held on to Winston and traded him with Demeco...Maybe we could have gotten a much sweeter deal...

What makes you think they wanted Winston or wanted to take on both of those contracts?

Rey
03-30-2012, 03:10 PM
What makes you think they wanted Winston or wanted to take on both of those contracts?

Demeco's contract isn't a big deal to them from what I've hear. Matter of fact I believe they can cut him next off-season without hurting them much at all.

And I think the reason they'd want Winston is obvious. Vet tackle with a lot of playing experience that could probably step in and not lose a whole lot. Their aspirations are superbowl. Despite his faults, Winston is still pretty good overall.

And I didn't say they wanted Winston at the time of the trade...I thought it was obvious that I was speaking about packaging him with Demeco now that Peters is hurt...I think they'd have been open to that...

But besides all of that...I was just throwing a thought out there that popped into my mind. It wasn't meant for serious discussion.

SheTexan
03-30-2012, 08:57 PM
I'm sure Rick Smith will take care of their problem, just give him time. He worked on Demeco's deal for over six weeks before he put the screws to Meco. SOOOOOOO, don't look for D Brown to be in a Texan uni for long. RS probably thinks he'll look real good in green and white. Anything for a friend ya know!:sarcasm:

Carr Bombed
03-30-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm sure Rick Smith will take care of their problem, just give him time. He worked on Demeco's deal for over six weeks before he put the screws to Meco. SOOOOOOO, don't look for D Brown to be in a Texan uni for long. RS probably thinks he'll look real good in green and white. Anything for a friend ya know!:sarcasm:

How exactly did Smith "put the screws" to DeMeco? He traded him to a great organization and back to a defensive system that he can have success in and return back to being a highly productive player again. If anything Rick Smith did DeMeco a favor.

A player got traded, it's not that big of a deal... players get traded all the time. and just because he traded Ryans that doesn't mean he's going to give up Duane Brown or jettison all of our talented players either.

ObsiWan
03-30-2012, 09:35 PM
edit

Ryan
03-30-2012, 09:40 PM

May cover his blindside yes, but the best pass rushers are gonna be coming at him from that side.

Dutchrudder
03-30-2012, 09:43 PM

FYI, this was a joke. Smh...