PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young wants to be a texan

thunderkyss
03-21-2012, 07:41 PM
He's been on NFLN all day, discussing the "perfect" spot for Tim Tebow...

Don't these guys know Vince is looking for a job?

mattieuk
03-21-2012, 07:46 PM
Man..dude must be desperate for a paycheque these days!

kiwitexansfan
03-21-2012, 08:19 PM
Vince who?

Texan_Bill
03-21-2012, 08:22 PM
Man..dude must be desperate for a paycheque these days!

Sir, will you please get Americanized??? Check is check, not cheque!!! Damn you foreigners!!! :D

mattieuk
03-21-2012, 09:12 PM
Sir, will you please get Americanized??? Check is check, not cheque!!! Damn you foreigners!!! :D

Haha - never!

Do you realize that with these 3 posts, we've probably discussed 'paychecks' (sic) for Vince more than his agent has for the past couple of weeks? ;)

Hookem Horns
03-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Don't these guys know Vince is looking for a job?

I am starting to wonder if he really is. He is fat and rich now, why does he need to play football?

welsh texan
03-22-2012, 07:14 AM
I'm pretty surprised no-one has picked him up, plenty of QB needy teams around the league and Vince has a good record in win/loss terms.

He must not have a very good reference from the iggles, cos you'd assume that if he'd matured any they'd have been more than willing to let other teams know about it and help him out.

Is his career over?

chicagotexan2
03-22-2012, 08:00 AM
I'm pretty surprised no-one has picked him up, plenty of QB needy teams around the league and Vince has a good record in win/loss terms.

He must not have a very good reference from the iggles, cos you'd assume that if he'd matured any they'd have been more than willing to let other teams know about it and help him out.

Is his career over?

I'm no Young fan, but he is by far a better QB than Tebow.

majestrate
03-22-2012, 08:06 AM
Remove "by far" and I'd agree with the statement.

But Tebow is a better player. He doesn't seem to give up, and he tries to inspires others to not give up. Well, except in their playoff loss.

I'm not sure V Young has the mental toughness for the game. It seems like he lets losing get to him, and cause him to throw in the towel.

El Tejano
03-22-2012, 08:12 AM
People are going to want to shoot me for this but....here it goes:

Why don't we try to get him? We saw last year how important it is to have 3 QBs on the team. Now I doubt this happens to us twice in two seasons but every one on here has talked about Schaub's Lis Franc (sp) injury when it came to Manning and I know Vince is not Manning but don't we still have to think good backups at this point still?

I for one have always thought that Vince would thrive in this offense because of his ability to tuck and run and pick up first downs to keep the team on the field (something Schaub almost refuses to do). We also saw him show some flashes under Philly's WCO. Plus, Kubiak has done a pretty good job with QBs during his tenure.

Now I know many will say that Vince is not a team player and will be a locker room cancer. However, my argument has always been that we've drafted and acquired enough choir boys to know that the attitude of this team will take over Vince's attitude. Plus you gotta believe he's learned his lesson at this point of his career and has been humbled somewhat since then.

My only question is why Vince hasn't been asked to stay in Philly with a banged up Michael Vick. But I believe it could be time to ask Vince to come in and compete for the back up spot.

Hookem Horns
03-22-2012, 08:16 AM

Not according to the VY jockriders. They always say QB ratings, stats, etc don't count. It's what he does on the field that counts. All he does is win. Well Tebow "wins" more.

As of today Tebow led his team to a playoff victory. VY is winless in that the most important category.

Marcus
03-22-2012, 08:20 AM

Jacoby Jones would be a better QB than Tim Tebow.

chicagotexan2
03-22-2012, 09:33 AM
Remove "by far" and I'd agree with the statement.

But Tebow is a better player. He doesn't seem to give up, and he tries to inspires others to not give up. Well, except in their playoff loss.

I'm not sure V Young has the mental toughness for the game. It seems like he lets losing get to him, and cause him to throw in the towel.

Ok maybe not by far. But that's mostly because VY is not a very good qb, but Tebow is even worse than that. I think Tebow benefited much more from the play of his team the Young did.

Playoffs
03-22-2012, 09:38 AM
Man... this has got to be tough for Vince
Tough for Vince?

How about tough for me?

I wanna be an NFL QB and my phone hasn't rung once. (And I'd never "dream team" my team.) :pissed:

Dutchrudder
03-22-2012, 09:49 AM

Why don't we try to get him? We saw last year how important it is to have 3 QBs on the team. Now I doubt this happens to us twice in two seasons but every one on here has talked about Schaub's Lis Franc (sp) injury when it came to Manning and I know Vince is not Manning but don't we still have to think good backups at this point still?

I for one have always thought that Vince would thrive in this offense because of his ability to tuck and run and pick up first downs to keep the team on the field (something Schaub almost refuses to do). We also saw him show some flashes under Philly's WCO. Plus, Kubiak has done a pretty good job with QBs during his tenure.

Now I know many will say that Vince is not a team player and will be a locker room cancer. However, my argument has always been that we've drafted and acquired enough choir boys to know that the attitude of this team will take over Vince's attitude. Plus you gotta believe he's learned his lesson at this point of his career and has been humbled somewhat since then.

My only question is why Vince hasn't been asked to stay in Philly with a banged up Michael Vick. But I believe it could be time to ask Vince to come in and compete for the back up spot.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2avlwU37RiYpnRYR6tVB_yOu3xM_WR tLRMx5ZwHpa9U5U7fxSBZcaGFT-

Same reason I don't want Tebow on this team, their rabidly loyal followers are an obnoxious distraction from the game. I don't want VY fanboys chanting his name during our home games after Schaub throws an INT. His risk/reward factor is a negative at this point, and he would be more of a detriment to the Texans and Cowboys (Texas teams) than anything else. No thanks, I'll take Yates over him any day of the week. However, I would love to see him on the Cowboys and watch Romo deal with the VY shenanigans.

chicagotexan2
03-22-2012, 10:11 AM

Now I know many will say that Vince is not a team player and will be a locker room cancer. However, my argument has always been that we've drafted and acquired enough choir boys to know that the attitude of this team will take over Vince's attitude. Plus you gotta believe he's learned his lesson at this point of his career and has been humbled somewhat since then. My only question is why Vince hasn't been asked to stay in Philly with a banged up Michael Vick. But I believe it could be time to ask Vince to come in and compete for the back up spot.

I don't think that even an offense that is tailor made for Young would do any good with him. I don't doubt his athletic ability. He is just plain soft and too immature to overcome any adversity on the field. If he could grow a pair and grow up he could salvage his career.

As for Tebow he's just a lousy QB. Converting from a QB to a FB, H-back or Tight End must be easier than converting from Christianity to Islam, Buddhism, Festivusism, etc...

El Tejano
03-22-2012, 11:48 AM
Thanks Chicagotxn2 and Dutchrudder. I see your points and I thought about both of those. Trust me I could just see Schaub throw an INT and everyone start screaming for VY but I don't think it would be tough to establish Yates as the back up and treat VY like we did Matt Lienart. I'm just saying that VY wants to be on The Texans. How badly does he? That he would even be 3rd QB? Don't know but I do want players that want to be on our team. Just saying.

chicagotexan2
03-22-2012, 12:07 PM
Thanks Chicagotxn2 and Dutchrudder. I see your points and I thought about both of those. Trust me I could just see Schaub throw an INT and everyone start screaming for VY but I don't think it would be tough to establish Yates as the back up and treat VY like we did Matt Lienart. I'm just saying that VY wants to be on The Texans. How badly does he? That he would even be 3rd QB? Don't know but I do want players that want to be on our team. Just saying.

Yeah man I want the same thing but I've seen enough vys antics to know he doesnt have the mental fortitude. As a Houstonian I want him to succeed but I don't see it happening.

Double Barrel
03-22-2012, 12:10 PM
If VY had the "right stuff" between the ears, his physical skills would certainly be wanted by many teams. The fact that his he's apparently got his head in the wrong place is directly related to the fact that he appears to be ignored by 32 teams right now.

I wish no ill will toward the guy. I'm way over all that crap from way back when.

majestrate
03-22-2012, 12:19 PM
I don't really understand how that would work, since Lienart was the backup, until Schaub went down and then he got the starting job.

El Tejano
03-22-2012, 01:16 PM
I don't really understand how that would work, since Lienart was the backup, until Schaub went down and then he got the starting job.

Well I guess I feel like we should be looking for a 3rd QB and I don't want to rely on a rookie if it comes down to that again. I feel like Yates has earned the right to come in as the 2nd but we should bring in a vet QB to compete for that slot too because I don't feel right about Schaub's injury still and it wouldn't be too far fetched to think it could happen again.

welsh texan
03-22-2012, 01:56 PM
If they believe in TJ then he has to be #2 outright next season, from what I've read, the #2 QB takes a heck of a lot more practice snaps than the #3, and also gets more exposure to practicing with the #1's.

If we want TJ to progress, then we'll need a rookie/very low level FA @ #3, and if Schaub does go down we'll be scanning the street FA's for a backup to come in like last season.

If they don't believe in TJ long term, then yeah, bring in one of these guys who's started a bit and will compete for #2 status. But I think if they do make that move then I doubt we'll see any more of TJ Yates in the future. And not just because of the whole development side, but because it'll be a clear statement of how they view him. jmo.

CloakNNNdagger
03-23-2012, 08:24 PM
From NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827c5e31/article/qa-vince-young-remains-upbeat-about-nfl-future)

Q&A: Vince Young remains upbeat about NFL future By Dan Hanzus NFL.com Writer
Published: March 21, 2012 at 08:07 p.m. Updated: March 22, 2012 at 08:41 p.m.

What's next for Vince Young?

It's an intriguing question. The enigmatic former Tennessee Titans and Philadelphia Eagles quarterback is an unrestricted free agent who's looking for work in a market that's starting to dry up.

Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai
Young, 29, was a guest Wednesday at NFL Network studios, giving us a chance to find out where he stands during an uncertain time.

ATL: Did you learn anything from the "Dream Team" comment and subsequent fallout?

VY: Not really. Everything I say is going to get blown out of proportion anyway. One thing that my publicist (Denise White, seated to his left) knows and everybody knows about me, I'm not going to hold back anything, especially when it's something that's not really bad anyway.

ATL: You said everything you say gets blown out of proportion. Why do you think that is?

VY: I'm used to it since I was in high school, since I was in college, so I look at it as motivation to make them eat their words. I just feel like it's because I'm a winner and I've been put on the biggest stages from the national championship to the Sunday night game I had against the Giants, everyone expected me to lose those games. The whole week, "He's not going to do this, he's going to do that," and then I go out and have a good game and win the ballgame and a lot of people to me don't like that, because it makes them look bad.

ATL: Tell me your feelings about the imposter situation. What was the deal with that?

VY: I was shocked, because I'm very huge in the community, talking to kids for my foundation, going out to different Boys & Girls clubs. When I heard, I was very hurt about it because anything that tries to hurt my image, I don't like it. I built my image to where it is, and a lot of people love me for who I am.

ATL: If you have the choice, where would you like to play next season?

VY: I'm just letting my agent (Tom Condon) take care of that, but if I had a dream team to go play at, I'd love to go play at home. (Young -- a Houston native -- is referring to the Texans.) That was one of the biggest reasons I came out (in 2006), because they were the No. 1 pick that year, and that would be the chance to play at home and that would be beautiful. I've told my agent, and that's what he knows, and he's working. I know he's working.

(Yes, folks, that was another dream team reference. Let's just leave this one alone, shall we?)

infantrycak
03-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Short conversation of Tom Condon working:

Tom Condon: Hey VY would like to play in Houston.
Rick Smith: No.
Tom Condon: No he really wants to come to Houston.
Tom Condon: He'd be motivated this time, he promises.
Rick Smith: Which part of "no" don't you understand?
Tom Condon: The "no" part.
Rick Smith: Now I understand why VY picked you as his agent.

Texecutioner
03-23-2012, 10:02 PM

Is he still using that guy that wasn't even really a sports agent?? Wasn't his agent that he had coming into the league some lawyer that was supposedly a family friend or whatever?

infantrycak
03-23-2012, 10:11 PM
Is he still using that guy that wasn't even really a sports agent?? Wasn't his agent that he had coming into the league some lawyer that was supposedly a family friend or whatever?

Nah, I think he fired his uncle or whatever a few years back and the article specifically mentioned Condon.

Lucky
03-23-2012, 10:35 PM
VY: Not really. Everything I say is going to get blown out of proportion anyway. One thing that my publicist (Denise White, seated to his left) knows and everybody knows about me, I'm not going to hold back anything, especially when it's something that's not really bad anyway.
Can someone explain to me why a guy scrambling for a 3rd string job in the NFL has a publicist?

CloakNNNdagger
03-23-2012, 10:56 PM
Can someone explain to me why a guy scrambling for a 3rd string job in the NFL has a publicist?

Cause the sausage has gone to his head........

TheMatrix31
03-23-2012, 11:21 PM
lol, Vince Young. Garbage. Hopefully he gets tossed on the ash-heap of overrated, over-exposed, cancerous, unintelligent wastes who just couldn't cut it in the league.

Sooner rather than later.

edo783
03-23-2012, 11:47 PM
Cause the sausage has gone to his head........

Probably too many times to count! :barman:

Playoffs
03-24-2012, 12:24 AM
Cause the sausage has gone to his head........It's hidden, that's for sure.

thunderkyss
03-24-2012, 03:57 AM

I'd like to know what he's paying her for.

VY: One thing that my publicist (Denise White, seated to his left) knows and everybody knows about me, I'm not going to hold back anything, especially when it's something that's not really bad anyway.

He obviously does not understand the problem with the statement. I would think if I had a publicist (s)he would be able to explain it to me even if (s)he had to use pictures.

VY: I was shocked, because I'm very huge in the community, talking to kids for my foundation, going out to different Boys & Girls clubs.

This guy went to college for three years & he says, "I'm very huge in the community..." really? What exactly is that supposed to mean?

When I heard, I was very hurt about it because anything that tries to hurt my image, I don't like it.

Surely his publicist didn't help him construct this circle jerk.

I built my image to where it is, and a lot of people love me for who I am.

I truly believe the rumors about his Wonderlic.

welsh texan
03-24-2012, 05:43 AM
This guy simply cannot learn his lesson can he? That interview just reads horribly, and I doubt it was much better to watch/listen to.

If he had shown some maturity since completely ****ing up his chance in Tennessee, maybe I'd be interested in him as a backup, but even Matty L knew to say the right things at that stage of his career, and from everything I read through last season, he showed great maturity.

Why doesn't anybody tell VY to get a grip?

CloakNNNdagger
03-24-2012, 07:45 AM
I'd like to know what he's paying her for.

He obviously does not understand the problem with the statement. I would think if I had a publicist (s)he would be able to explain it to me even if (s)he had to use pictures.

This guy went to college for three years & he says, "I'm very huge in the community..." really? What exactly is that supposed to mean?

Surely his publicist didn't help him construct this circle jerk.

I truly believe the rumors about his Wonderlic.

Great interpretation.......of a difficult subject. LOL. MSR.

ObsiWan
03-24-2012, 09:07 AM
This guy simply cannot learn his lesson can he? That interview just reads horribly, and I doubt it was much better to watch/listen to.

If he had shown some maturity since completely ****ing up his chance in Tennessee, maybe I'd be interested in him as a backup, but even Matty L knew to say the right things at that stage of his career, and from everything I read through last season, he showed great maturity.

Why doesn't anybody tell VY to get a grip?

Surprisingly, the video was better than these excerpts would lead you to believe. Apparently the author of this piece cherry picked the worse quotes he could find to make VY seem stupid. The link takes you to an interview with Eisen where Rich asks VY for his take (VY's) on the Sanchez/Tebow situation and the Saints bounty situation. I'm confused as to where those quotes came from because they aren't from the posted video. In fact who does ATL refer to since, in the video, VY talked to Rich Eisen.

Pantherstang84
03-24-2012, 09:33 AM

Rick Smith: How about HELL NO! I tell ya what. Let me give you the phone number of the HR department of the concessions contractor. Maybe you can work out something with them.

Lucky
03-24-2012, 09:54 AM
In fact who does ATL refer to since, in the video, VY talked to Rich Eisen.

I also saw a segment on NFL Network, with Vince, Sapp, Torry Holt, and Eisen. None of the Young quotes came from that, either. I think this interview must have occurred off camera. I can't think of anyone at NFLN with the initials "ATL".

gg no re
03-24-2012, 09:55 AM
Jacoby Jones would be a better QB than Tim Tebow.

well..... tebow won a playoff game at a position he's not good at... jacoby lost a playoff game at a position he's supposed to be competent at....

Hardcore Texan
03-24-2012, 11:17 AM
I just wish he could say something else other than "but at the same time" every other sentence! :bubbles:

Playoffs
03-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Vince isn't the best speaker, no doubt, but that's no reason to hate on an athlete. He is clueless, though, and still without humility or perspective.

ATL: Did you learn anything from the "Dream Team" comment and subsequent fallout?

VY: Not really."Nuff said. :smiliepalm:

mattieuk
03-24-2012, 12:00 PM

Short conversation of Tom Cordon working:

Bob McNair: Not sure about that one, Tom!
Tom Condom: You'll sell a guaranteed 50,000 jerseys he'll sign for the veteran minimum.
Bob McNair: YeeeeeHaaa!

Lucky
03-24-2012, 02:25 PM
You'll sell a guaranteed 50,000 jerseys...
Maybe in 2006. Not in 2012. Even Horn fans have cooled on Vince, now.

Norg
03-28-2012, 05:37 AM
i was thinking about dis in bed the perfect spot for tebow would have been

Jags
Ravens
maybe pittsburg
CHeifs

i didnt think of NFC tho LOL

prob like

Redskins
st louis
cards

aussie_texan
03-28-2012, 08:03 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827c5e31/article/qa-vince-young-remains-upbeat-about-nfl-future

"I've told my agent, and that's what he knows, and he's working. I know he's working"

surprised this hasn't been posted.
or maybe people just don't give a s**t lol

but anyway maybe we can start replenishing our 2006 draft now

:stirpot:

Playoffs
03-28-2012, 08:04 AM
i was thinking about dis in bed the perfect spot for tebow...Mmmkay, thanks for sharing.

Playoffs
03-28-2012, 08:07 AM
Think it's in this thread: http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90661

El Tejano
03-28-2012, 08:12 AM
Yeah, it's in the NFL forum.

Texan_Bill
03-28-2012, 08:28 AM
This is like deja vu, all over again.

False Start
03-28-2012, 08:33 AM
I bet on Madden, he trades himself to the Texans for 3 first round draft picks. :gamer:

Blake
03-28-2012, 08:34 AM
Maybe in 2006. Not in 2012. Even Horn fans have cooled on Vince, now.

I dont know. I bet more than a few people would love a Texans #10 jersey.

drunkcookie
03-28-2012, 08:36 AM
Noooo

drunkcookie
03-28-2012, 08:38 AM
Nooooooo

Blake
03-28-2012, 08:59 AM
This is like deja vu, all over again.

Noooo

Nooooooo

No, THIS is like deja vu.

:bender:
:bender:

GP
03-28-2012, 10:10 AM
We've got a spot for Vince Young.

He can run out onto the field and grab the kickoff tee.

Dutchrudder
03-28-2012, 10:49 AM
We've got a spot for Vince Young.

He can run out onto the field and grab the kickoff tee.

And then throw it into the stands?

:kitten:

GP
03-28-2012, 10:52 AM
And then throw it into the stands?

:kitten:

Nah. It'd get intercepted by the equipment manager.

Then he'd run off in his car with a loaded pistol in the glovebox...but Bob is smart, he puts a tracking device in the car and they find him alone in the Longhorn's football stadium and Vince is muttering "Bet I can throw this football over them mountains over there...." like Uncle Rico in Napolean Dynamite.

ckhouston
03-28-2012, 10:53 AM

Disagree, I would take Tebow all day long.

SCOTTexans
03-28-2012, 10:56 AM
Vince young just wants a job... To him it doesn't matter where

Dutchrudder
03-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Vince young just wants a job... To him it doesn't matter where

Then he better get his snowboots cause Canada is cold in the winter!

He really should have stayed in school another year though.

SCOTTexans
03-28-2012, 11:03 AM
Then he better get his snowboots cause Canada is cold in the winter!

He really should have stayed in school another year though.

or he can go throw to TO....:boogereater:

thunderkyss
03-28-2012, 11:41 AM
i was thinking about dis in bed the perfect spot for tebow would have been...

:backsout:

Dread-Head
03-28-2012, 12:43 PM
[Dreadhead descends his mountain to address the masses. Wait...he's about to speak.] (Ahem) ...Meh! Vugg it, I want to wake up nestled between Sofia Vergara & Hitomi Tanaka but that aint happening either.

False Start
03-28-2012, 08:40 PM
He could hook up with TO, and play in the IFL, but he might have to beat out the guy sacking groceries at Food Town. :)

b0ng
03-29-2012, 08:03 AM
Garantee if Young is on Texans roster first incomplete pass Schaub or Yates throws and you'd hear the chants for Vince in Reliant.

El Tejano
03-29-2012, 08:18 AM
I have a question. When looking over Vince's career, has he ever been around a complete QB like Schaub before? You know, someone who knows how to read a defense and waits in the pocket and shows the leadership that Schaub has? (I know people question the leadership but he's shown a good amount). The only person I can think of would be Michael Vick but it could be said that many people in ATL wanted Schaub over Vick too. But it did show in Vince's current game that he at least saw Vick and alot of his style changed.

I'm asking because maybe Vince is so used to being the man and if he saw a real QB who has played at a high level, mixed in with some coaching from a coach who has done a good job with bad QBs in Kubiak, perhaps Vince could be a viable back up.

Bulls on Parade
03-29-2012, 08:28 AM
I'd sign Vince Young to a one year deal if I were Rick Smith. Nothing wrong with some healthy competition for the backup role. He can certainly push Yates, IMO.

And what better way to ease the pain of that 2006 NFL Draft? Losing first overall pick Mario Williams, second-round pick DeMeco Ryans and third-round pick Eric Winston. Signing the third overall pick in that draft would make me feel a little better since we lost three really good players.

I'm tired of people knocking Vince Young. He's always been a winner every team he's been on, including the Titans in the NFL. His high school, college and NFL win-loss record speaks for itself.

ckhouston
03-29-2012, 08:33 AM
I'd sign Vince Young to a one year deal if I were Rick Smith.

I would too ... he could back-up OD and Graham.

Playoffs
03-29-2012, 08:36 AM
I would too ... he could back-up OD and Graham.
I think they're married.

Hookem Horns
03-29-2012, 09:08 AM
I'm tired of people knocking Vince Young. He's always been a winner every team he's been on, including the Titans in the NFL. His high school, college and NFL win-loss record speaks for itself.

Yes, and fans in the Bullpen would have an opporunity to catch parts of his uniform.

Honoring Earl 34
03-29-2012, 09:16 AM
I'd sign Vince Young to a one year deal if I were Rick Smith. Nothing wrong with some healthy competition for the backup role. He can certainly push Yates, IMO.

And what better way to ease the pain of that 2006 NFL Draft? Losing first overall pick Mario Williams, second-round pick DeMeco Ryans and third-round pick Eric Winston. Signing the third overall pick in that draft would make me feel a little better since we lost three really good players.

He's not better than Tebow .

Dutchrudder
03-29-2012, 09:42 AM
Yes, and fans in the Bullpen would have an opporunity to catch parts of his uniform.

He's such a generous person that he wanted to give fans some souvenirs. It was an homage to that Mean Joe Green Coke commercial.

b0ng
03-29-2012, 09:54 AM

his TD to INT ratio also speaks for itself.

Double Barrel
03-29-2012, 04:11 PM
his TD to INT ratio also speaks for itself.

As does his Wonderlic score. :whistle:

SheTexan
03-29-2012, 05:34 PM

Yep! I'd pull a JoeTexan and burn the hell out of them!!:)

All these UT homers on this thread make me laugh! They just can't accept the fact that VY is a LOSER, and no one wants him.:roast:

ObsiWan
03-31-2012, 11:46 AM
i was thinking about dis in bed the perfect spot for tebow would have been

wait... what?!?
you were in bed
...thinking about tebow...

:mancard:

ObsiWan
03-31-2012, 12:08 PM

What "pain"?? There's no "pain". Those guys served their purpose and were paid accordingly.
And I submit that all three are probably better off with their new teams.
- Mario got more money than we could hope to pay him
- DeMeco is back playing MLB in a 4-3, the position he seems born for
- Winston landed on his feet in KC with an extension and without having to take a paycut like Walter had to.

There's no damned pain in either case.

HoustonFrog
04-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Bored. How have I not seen this already. Am I going blind. Sorry if it is here

Evan Silva ‏ @evansilva Reply RetweetedRetweet
Delete
FavoritedFavorite Close Open Details Free agent Vince Young "definitely" still sees himself as an NFL starter, and would "love" to play for the #Texans:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3602/vince-young

Free agent Vince Young says he still envisions himself a starter, and he'd "love" to play for his hometown Texans."I would love to play at home," said V.Y., who turns 29 next month. "That would be a dream come true and anything I can do to help out with the team." Young also "definitely" still envisions himself as a starter, and he's "just waiting on that opportunity to get the chance to do that." Young says "a couple of teams" have shown interest in him, and he plans to sign after the draft. Apr 12 - 10:09 AM

axman40
04-12-2012, 10:40 AM
I want a million dollars!
:):fans:

Rey
04-12-2012, 10:42 AM
If we are concerned about Schaubs health, I'd consider VY to compete with Yates.

chenjy9
04-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Please.... just no! The guy is an embodiment of locker room cancer on an NFL team.

Thorn
04-12-2012, 10:44 AM
I'm thinking we merge this thread with the "Your reason for optimism" thread and watch space time itself implode. :lol:

aussie_texan
04-12-2012, 10:44 AM
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1927426#post1927426

gwallaia
04-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Vince Who?

BullNation4Life
04-12-2012, 10:45 AM
If we are concerned about Schaubs health, I'd consider VY to compete with Yates.

Dude is a quitter, as soon as he is told he will not start, he will be a cancer in the locker room. First INT Schaub throws, there will be thousands in Reliant chanting "We Want Vince!"

no thank you....

HoustonFrog
04-12-2012, 10:48 AM
i'm thinking we merge this thread with the "your reason for optimism" thread and watch space time itself implode. :lol:

Must spread rep :). Knew this was a good predraft/offseason thread.

Trap_Star
04-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Towels!

Toro On Parade
04-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Vince Young has talent but the problem is he has no QB Intelligence. He makes stupid decisions all the time and honestly I would rather have TJ Yates as the starter!

False Start
04-12-2012, 10:57 AM
People in hell want ice water.

hot pickle
04-12-2012, 11:00 AM
bring him into camp and let him compete. if he would be willing to take vet min. i wouldnt mind seeing what he can do in camp... no harm in that

Double Barrel
04-12-2012, 11:01 AM
What's the Texans record against Vince Young? :stirpot:

Thorn
04-12-2012, 11:04 AM
bring him into camp and let him compete. if he would be willing to take vet min. i wouldnt mind seeing what he can do in camp... no harm in that

The fact that he would be in a Texans camp would be irreparably harmful to the collective psych of many folks on this board.

Playoffs
04-12-2012, 11:04 AM
1-0.

Texans are in the NFL(1), VY is not(0). :hobie:

Dutchrudder
04-12-2012, 11:06 AM

Ah I see, just like Haynesworth, sign him to a minimum deal and make him inactive the whole season so he can't hurt the team. Makes sense to me.

Speedy
04-12-2012, 11:07 AM

Other than the Dolphins and Raiders, the Texans record isn't going to look too good against anyone.

Rey
04-12-2012, 11:13 AM
Dude is a quitter, as soon as he is told he will not start, he will be a cancer in the locker room. First INT Schaub throws, there will be thousands in Reliant chanting "We Want Vince!"

no thank you....

I don't know if he is a quitter.

Yeah had had some bad moments in Tenn, but quite a few people have had bad moments and recovered from them. I have told some lies in my life, but I wouldn't consider myself a liar.

I'm just trying to think of who else is out there if Schaub is not able to play. I think we'd want to go with a vet...Maybe they want Delhomme back...I don't know...

But VY has started and had some success in the league...

Is he my first option? No...But I would consider it.

And I really don't care what the fans at relians scream. I like to win.

BigBull17

If you are worried about Schaubs health, then by all means bring in a competent back up to compete with Yates. Key word, competent. VY is NOT that guy. No way you can bring him in.

GP
He can kiss my ass.

He's singing a different tune now that he needs a job and nobody wants him. Oh yes, Vince! YES! Please, please, PLEASE come play for us! You can "help us" like you helped the Titans and how you helped the Eagles. You were such a big help to them that they both sent you packing. Yes, YOU are going to help us a lot!

This guy operates on a whole different level than most do. Vince, if Bob didn't want you at the pinnacle of your career (coming off the NCAA championship game) why would he want you now? We didn't even throw Peyton Manning a life preserver, Vince. Why would we help YOU out? LOL.

This guy is like Biff from Back To The Future: Biff was a bully and opportunistic jerk, but when fate intervened and sorted the universe out he became the clumsy car washing guy who can't dress himself properly. The lesson? Guys like Biff and Vince are too selfish to be trusted with opportunities...all they do is seek their own gain and they eventually ruin everybody around them. Toxic personality/character.

Thanks, Vince, for the laugh. We almost took you seriously.

Rey
04-12-2012, 11:14 AM

I agree. And he's saying anything he can do to help out the team which may mean he's willing to play somewhere else other than QB...

BigBull17
04-12-2012, 11:16 AM

Plenty of harm in that. People around here, the idiots who say "all Vince does is win" would never be able to admit he got beat out. Every loss or int or ****ing deep pass a reciever had to slow down for people would scream 'PLAY VINCE!" No other QB would have that inherent problem VY would bring here. Makes for a bad situation. No thanks.

GP
04-12-2012, 11:19 AM
I agree. And he's saying anything he can do to help out the team which may mean he's willing to play somewhere else other than QB...

Rey. REY!

I'm on board with like 99% of your posts. Are you truly taking a 1% stance here? j/k

Seriously though, you are enamored by the idea of him being here. Don't you think it's pretty obvious that he's washed up and done? I mean, it's a wrap. Call it a day. Screen fades to black. Etc.

He's Uncle Rico from Napolean Dynamite. He'll twirl his NCAA ring on his finger and reminisce about his glory days...and he'll think he can still throw the football of them mountains over there. Far away look in his eyes.

Playoffs
04-12-2012, 11:19 AM
He can kiss my ass...I think he's up for that...

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/VinceSausage.gif

SheTexan
04-12-2012, 11:23 AM
The fact that he would be in a Texans camp would be irreparably harmful to the collective psych of many folks on this board.

That would be ME!! :)

Double Barrel
04-12-2012, 12:21 PM
1-0.

Texans are in the NFL(1), VY is not(0). :hobie:

VY has a winning career record in the NFL. The Texans do not. :winky:

Ah I see, just like Haynesworth, sign him to a minimum deal and make him inactive the whole season so he can't hurt the team. Makes sense to me.

Exactly! Now you get it! :bravo:

Toro On Parade
04-12-2012, 12:24 PM
we didn't even throw peyton manning a life preserver, vince. Why would we help you out? Lol.

Thanks, vince, for the laugh. We almost took you seriously.

pow!!!!

TexanSam
04-12-2012, 12:31 PM
No. I can imagine on the imbeciles calling sports radio whining and bitching about VY not getting a fair shot at the starting job. The first INT Schaub throws and you'd have people try and make a case that VY is the better QB.

He'd probably start complaining in the locker room and during media interviews also. It would turn into a big, ugly circus. Don't need that here.

TimeKiller
04-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Does he want to play WR?!?

NCTexan
04-12-2012, 12:41 PM
No. I can imagine on the imbeciles calling sports radio whining and bitching about VY not getting a fair shot at the starting job. The first INT Schaub throws and you'd have people try and make a case that VY is the better QB.

He'd probably start complaining in the locker room and during media interviews also. It would turn into a big, ugly circus. Don't need that here.

This is why I don't want him here. He has way to many fan boys that won't be convinced he shouldn't be playing and won't ever let it go.

Double Barrel
04-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Does he want to play WR?!?

Of course! Unless he's a liar... :thinking:

"That would be a dream come true and anything I can do to help out with the team."

House of Pain
04-12-2012, 01:47 PM
If VY does get signed, do you think he'll refuse to sign unless Kasey Studdard is signed too? Bros need their Brosephs.

Texan_Bill
04-12-2012, 03:01 PM
Vince Who?

Vaughn. The dude was hilarious in Swingers.

Or Vega? He was pretty good in Pulp Fiction.

Mr teX
04-12-2012, 03:16 PM
I called the demise of this dude his sophmore year....as soon as he couldn't or was limited in making plays with his feet, he's gonna stink up the joint...Never saw him becoming a force as a passer in the NFL...Brown did a huge disservice to the kid by catering the offense towards him with that zone read garbage & those 1 read option passing plays.

chicagotexan2
04-12-2012, 03:18 PM
If VY does get signed, do you think he'll refuse to sign unless Kasey Studdard is signed too? Bros need their Brosephs.

the real question is would they have to practice shirtless, sweaty and sippin on Patron?

Wolf6151
04-12-2012, 06:24 PM
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1927426#post1927426

VY wants a paycheck from anyone. Can we lock this thread there's already one on this subject.

The Pencil Neck
04-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Other than the Dolphins and Raiders, the Texans record isn't going to look too good against anyone.

Well... actually...

The Texans have a winning record against several teams:

Atlanta Falcons -- 2-1
Carolina Panthers -- 2-1
Chicago Bears -- 2-0
Cleveland Browns -- 4-3
Jacksonville Jaguars -- 11-9
Miami Dolphins -- 6-0
Oakland Raiders -- 5-2
Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- 2-1

Of course, on the flip side, we've never beaten the Ravens, Vikings, Jets, Eagles, or Chargers.

ObsiWan
04-16-2012, 11:58 AM
never mind....

chicagotexan2
04-16-2012, 06:26 PM
I laugh at the fools on the radio who say young cant get a shot here because he's black. I really wish the guys on the radio would rip them a new one. Warren moon my favorite qb was black. If cam newton were available I'd take him too. I think young has one shot left in the nfl. Unless he's finally matured I think he'll blow it again.

Hervoyel
04-16-2012, 07:46 PM
Look, I'll be honest. Deep down inside I'd like Vince Young to be a Texan too.

Before that though I'd like him to be a different person. I'd like him to grow the hell up and I'd like him to be willing (and able) to take his coaching. Even the people who are most adamant about not wanting him must admit it would be a hell of a story... if he wasn't such a mess. If his football brains matched his physical skills he'd have been a no-brainer back in 2006 and probably would have been a Texan then. The Longhorn nut-huggers drove me insane back then but we all know that the Houston Texans are in this game to make money, sell tickets/jerseys/nachos/etc, and rack up fans. You don't think they didn't want Vince Young to be a different person? You're kidding yourself. If he'd been viable then or if they'd seen the possibility of a light at the end of the tunnel I think he would have been a Texan right out of the gate.

But there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Vince isn't going to be an NFL starting QB anymore. Not here, probably not anywhere. He'll go to camp with someone and ride the pine but he's done. It's too bad because he'd have been a heck of a player if he had it between the ears.

Hookem Horns
04-16-2012, 11:18 PM
Look, I'll be honest. Deep down inside I'd like Vince Young to be a Texan too.

Before that though I'd like him to be a different person. I'd like him to grow the hell up and I'd like him to be willing (and able) to take his coaching. Even the people who are most adamant about not wanting him must admit it would be a hell of a story... if he wasn't such a mess. If his football brains matched his physical skills he'd have been a no-brainer back in 2006 and probably would have been a Texan then. The Longhorn nut-huggers drove me insane back then but we all know that the Houston Texans are in this game to make money, sell tickets/jerseys/nachos/etc, and rack up fans. You don't think they didn't want Vince Young to be a different person? You're kidding yourself. If he'd been viable then or if they'd seen the possibility of a light at the end of the tunnel I think he would have been a Texan right out of the gate.

But there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Vince isn't going to be an NFL starting QB anymore. Not here, probably not anywhere. He'll go to camp with someone and ride the pine but he's done. It's too bad because he'd have been a heck of a player if he had it between the ears.

In 2006 Bob McNair was too committed to David Carr so I doubt they would have drafted a QB no matter the situation. As for VY, I have been so turned off of him due to his obnoxious fan boys I would have a hard time rooting for him no matter where he plays.

If he came here the VY fanboys would rather the Texans fail with Vince than succeed without him. They would be rooting for the Texans to fail with Schaub or be rooting for Schaub to get hurt just so they can see their idol. I doubt the Texans want a bunch of moronic "fans" like that.

GP
04-17-2012, 10:23 AM
I just cannot believe he won a national title. I mean, seriously...that's a blemish on the college game. That a guy can be such a huge college success and cannot perform basic QB skills in the NFL. If you're the USC coaching staff and players from that title game, how do you think back to that game and say "Vince Young beat us. A guy who can't do anything in the NFL...beat us." Ouch.

I think he's the apex of the whole "You can't judge college QBs by their college hardware" argument. You just can't judge a guy by his college accomplishments.

The better NFL QBs, guys like Brees and Brady and Aaron Rodgers, etc., are guys who were not all-world NCAA QBs. So when Kubiak took a chance on TJ Yates who was basically an errand boy at the 2011 Draft Combine, and then TJ comes out and wins the AFCS title on a perfect throw to Walter, on the road in a come-from-behind win, and then guides us through winning our first playoff game...well, it says the whole "Take a QB in the first round" idea is bad mojo.

Luck and RGIII are the only two guys whom I think will be sure-fire starter quality. Everyone else after that is a crap shoot. So a team who might take Tannehill in the first is GAMBLING big time! And some team will do it. LOL.

Dutchrudder
04-17-2012, 10:35 AM
I just cannot believe he won a national title. I mean, seriously...that's a blemish on the college game. That a guy can be such a huge college success and cannot perform basic QB skills in the NFL. If you're the USC coaching staff and players from that title game, how do you think back to that game and say "Vince Young beat us. A guy who can't do anything in the NFL...beat us." Ouch.

I think he's the apex of the whole "You can't judge college QBs by their college hardware" argument. You just can't judge a guy by his college accomplishments.

The better NFL QBs, guys like Brees and Brady and Aaron Rodgers, etc., are guys who were not all-world NCAA QBs. So when Kubiak took a chance on TJ Yates who was basically an errand boy at the 2011 Draft Combine, and then TJ comes out and wins the AFCS title on a perfect throw to Walter, on the road in a come-from-behind win, and then guides us through winning our first playoff game...well, it says the whole "Take a QB in the first round" idea is bad mojo.

Luck and RGIII are the only two guys whom I think will be sure-fire starter quality. Everyone else after that is a crap shoot. So a team who might take Tannehill in the first is GAMBLING big time! And some team will do it. LOL.

It's not uncommon for good players in NCAA basketball or baseball to not pan out at the next level. It's just the nature of the games, things change at the pro level and some people can't make the adjustments. I think VY had all the tangibles needed to be successful in the NFL, but for whatever reasons he just couldn't make the transition.

El Tejano
04-17-2012, 11:38 AM

All you have to do is go and look at The Brady 6 on NFL Network and see where guys like Tee Martin were a huge success.

Double Barrel
04-17-2012, 11:43 AM
All you have to do is go and look at The Brady 6 on NFL Network and see where guys like Tee Martin were a huge success.

That was a great documentary. Funny how we see this annual "sure-fire starter quality" stuff from the national media, but rarely do their projections pan out in reality. But these same "experts" come out every spring for their predictions and analysis and are proven wrong time and time again.

beerlover
04-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Vince coming home would seem a no brainer. Emergency QB & he was initially evaluated to have the potential to play WR next level. Would he embrace that role to play in Houston? :vincepalm: