PDA

View Full Version : realist/pessimist and why?

badboy
03-27-2012, 10:11 PM
What one thing makes you nauseated, your head hurt and makes you shake your head and doubt we are still going right direction? Salary cap? LT/QB/Barwin contracts up after 2012? Not convinced players like KJ, JJ, Walter, Shaub, Andre Johnson are playing up to contract or your concerned about health? Your still not certain Gary Kubiak is right head coach?

What is that ONE thing that makes you go GRR!

dream_team
03-27-2012, 11:25 PM
Maybe we aren't as good as we think? I'm pretty sure we'll make playoffs again, since the division is weak. But maybe we're not one of the league's best just yet? You have to admit, we had an easy ass schedule last season. Next season, we have a tough schedule. Maybe it'll expose our weaknesses?

Wolf6151
03-28-2012, 02:05 AM
For me it's Gary Kubiak and his lack of skill as a talent evaluator. I know we made the playoffs last season but I still remember all the wasted years of reaching for players, or the small school project players that never work out, all the CSU players, his fetish with TE's, and selecting poor FA's paying them to much and then having to ride out their contract because you paid them to much and can't cut them. I think last years wonderful draft was in spite of Kubiak not because of him. I think McNair pulled Kubiak's head out of his ass and told him that Wade was in charge of the draft, thus it was a successful one. Hopefully McNair does it again this year because I have no confidence in Kubiak when it comes to talent evaluation and the draft or FA. I think if this team achieve's any type of success next season it will be because of the talent level on the team, not because of Kubiak's skill as a head coach. Thanks for letting me vent, I feel better now.

TheMatrix31
03-28-2012, 02:12 AM
What makes me a realist is that the NFL changes year to year. We could be awesome like we were this past year then blow for some inexplicable reason this coming year.

Who knows.

aussie_texan
03-28-2012, 03:55 AM
schaubs health is concerning. thats the only thing i am semi worried about going into this season

ObsiWan
03-28-2012, 03:57 AM
schaubs health is concerning. thats the only thing i am semi worried about going into this season
^^^^
This.
The thought of Yates having to start more than one or two games scares me.

Norg
03-28-2012, 05:04 AM
the one thing i concerned about the most is ummmm......

well..... i guess Rashed butler and if he will be able to fend off some off the top pass rushers in the NFL

PLus Schaubs health of course but ... i know now if Matt goes down all is not lost at least it would just mean TJ gets more reps

El Tejano
03-28-2012, 07:45 AM
For me it's Gary Kubiak and his lack of skill as a talent evaluator. I know we made the playoffs last season but I still remember all the wasted years of reaching for players, or the small school project players that never work out, all the CSU players, his fetish with TE's, and selecting poor FA's paying them to much and then having to ride out their contract because you paid them to much and can't cut them. I think last years wonderful draft was in spite of Kubiak not because of him. I think McNair pulled Kubiak's head out of his ass and told him that Wade was in charge of the draft, thus it was a successful one. Hopefully McNair does it again this year because I have no confidence in Kubiak when it comes to talent evaluation and the draft or FA. I think if this team achieve's any type of success next season it will be because of the talent level on the team, not because of Kubiak's skill as a head coach. Thanks for letting me vent, I feel better now.

I'm not picking on your post because I'm one that has questioned alot of Kubiak's moves in the draft and even thought we were getting too many TEs when we had some very good ones already on the team. So I decided to look at his drafts with the assumption that he picked the offensive guys.

Here are all the offensive guys we've picked since Kubiak. I bolded all the ones I feel worked out for us based on where they were drafted and if they had any significant contribution to the team and I didn't let injuries play a part in it. I then listed all the TEs we drafted since Kubiak.

Charles Spencer - If not for a career ending injury in the first game of his career many say we would've already had our LT of the future.

Eric Winston - Was a starter since the day he got to play. Many thought he had a Pro Bowl year last year.

Owen Daniels - still on the team, one of the best TEs in the NFL

Wali Lundy - cut

David Andreson - career back up receiver but he did contribute to our special teams and made some catches for us and didn't get cut from our team until 2011.

Jacoby Jones - we fans might hate him, but he's made some significant plays for us throughout his career too. I believe he has franchise records for punt returns too. Not bad for where he was drafted at.

Brandon Frye - cut

Kasey Studdard - he isn't very good but he's stayed on the team and has played for us, not bad for where he was drafted at.

Duane Brown - alot of fans didn't like this pick but we can safely say he's one of the better OTs in the NFL.

Steve Slaton - one year wonder, cut

Alex Brink - Project that didn't work out

Anthony Hill - Injuries are what really slowed this guy down but he's still on the roster.

James Casey - he has given us two players for one (TE/FB) and has been an excellent contributor on special teams.

Ben Tate - in back up duty, he almost gained 1k yards on the season and he was injured for the season in his rookie year.

Garrett Graham- he's bolded only because he's still on the roster and because he's definetly going to get his shot this year.

Shelley Smith - see Garrett Graham.

Trindon Holliday - cut

Dorin Dickerson - cut

TJ Yates - I don't think I even have to explain why this guy is bolded. That was also a 5th round pick and I recall alot of people upset that we got this guy and I was one of them, until I read more about him knowing our offense already. That was one heck of a call there.

That's 19 offensive players in 6 years of drafting, with 7 players who have been cut or haven't produced for the team.

TEs drafted by Kubiak

Owen Daniels - 2006 he's good.

Anthony Hill - 2008, injuries

James Casey - 2008, he's good.

Garrett Graham - 2010 still on team, is looking better now that we didn't pay loads of money for Dreessen.

Dorin Dickerson - 2010 cut.

That's 5 TEs drafted in 6 years and he used 3 drafts to do so. Only one has been cut and Anthony Hill just can't stay healthy.

Ktexan68
03-28-2012, 07:52 AM
Maybe we aren't as good as we think? I'm pretty sure we'll make playoffs again, since the division is weak. But maybe we're not one of the league's best just yet? You have to admit, we had an easy ass schedule last season. Next season, we have a tough schedule. Maybe it'll expose our weaknesses?

What the schedule looks like on paper often ends up being drastically different from how it actually turns out.

b0ng
03-28-2012, 08:48 AM

I think the AFCN is a much stronger division than the East, and the NFCN is on par with what the South is. We still play the other 3 crappy teams in our div 6 times, the schedule argument is pretty flimsy to me.

Vinny
03-28-2012, 09:13 AM
we have yet to establish ourselves as a club that is in it year in, year out after more than ten years building from scratch....and we just launched our 06 draft class (our best draft class ever) the year after we make our very first playoff appearance and are hamstrung by the salary cap. I'm not freaked, but we seem to be mismanaged.

Marcus
03-28-2012, 09:15 AM
Realist/pessimist? As if the two are the same? :rolleyes:

There are only two schools of thought here. Either you are "sunshiner" or a "gloom and doomer". Stick around here long enough, you'll find out that there is no middle ground. :)

thunderkyss
03-28-2012, 09:29 AM
What one thing makes you nauseated, your head hurt and makes you shake your head and doubt we are still going right direction? Salary cap? LT/QB/Barwin contracts up after 2012? Not convinced players like KJ, JJ, Walter, Shaub, Andre Johnson are playing up to contract or your concerned about health? Your still not certain Gary Kubiak is right head coach?

Inconsistency.

Last year we saw the defense play at that other level, for 10+ games. In 2010, we saw our run game perform at that level for 16 games. In 2009, we saw Aj & Schaub take it to another level for 16 games give or take.

2011 was the first time I've seen any part of this team play at that other level from one season to the next & for us, that part was the run game. The OL & our RBs.

This isn't about stats, for me it's about refusing to lose & doing what it takes to get there. Matt Schaub had some great games in 2009 where he wasn't going to allow us to lose. Same with Aj... dragging DBs 7 yards, bowling over DBs to get into the endzone. He went into beast mode the entire season.

I haven't seen that from Aj since. (Well, there was that innegan beat down, but that was different). I haven't seen that from Schaub since.

I question if our defense will bring it next year. Losing Brisiel & Winston, I wonder if our run game will bring it. And I question if AJ & Schaub will bring it.

I've got questions about Kubiak as well, but my biggest grr, is the on field leadership, where I think some of our players think they did their part (what I like to call the DR23 syndrome).

Texanmike02
03-28-2012, 10:05 AM

This is Houston. I'm an old Oilers fan. Nothing else needed to make me go GRR!. (TBH, I don't do that. I just tried it and it sounds kind of gay. Thankfully I was alone when I did it.)

Mike

GP
03-28-2012, 10:16 AM
1.) Special teams.

Kicker? We don't have one signed yet.

Punter? Hartmann is suspended the first few games AND he's coming back from a nasty knee injury.

Punt Returner? I suppose at this point it's still Jacoby Jones. Yikes.

------------------------

2.) Caldwell.

Does he really fit in on this offensive line? Or will he be forced to fit in?

If he's not a fit, is he just depth...and if so, are we drafting a RG replacement or going the FA route...and will that person be as good as Briesel?

------------------------

3.) Lack of a bounty program.

I feel we're really behind the times on this one. Apparently, all the cool teams are doing it. So why aren't we?

Not having a bounty program is setting us back.

ckhouston
03-28-2012, 10:39 AM
QB. Period.

Not that I don't want Yates in there (although I don't see him turning into an elite QB) ... I want him in there day one. If we rely on what we "think" Schaub may be able to do after the injury and Yates doesn't get the reps he needs with the first team, we are back to square one like last year with a guy who has the talent but not the experience. Go into the season with Yates as your starter and bring Matt along slowly from the injury and if Yates falters and Matt is ready then plug him in.

If Yates shines ... nice knowing you Matt, we just traded you for a fourth.

HOU-TEX
03-28-2012, 10:45 AM

There are only two schools of thought here. Either you are "sunshiner" or a "gloom and doomer". Stick around here long enough, you'll find out that there is no middle ground. :)

Sure there is! I don't consider myself either, so I reckon that puts me smack dab in the middle.

badboy
03-28-2012, 01:40 PM
For me it's Gary Kubiak and his lack of skill as a talent evaluator. I know we made the playoffs last season but I still remember all the wasted years of reaching for players, or the small school project players that never work out, all the CSU players, his fetish with TE's, and selecting poor FA's paying them to much and then having to ride out their contract because you paid them to much and can't cut them. I think last years wonderful draft was in spite of Kubiak not because of him. I think McNair pulled Kubiak's head out of his ass and told him that Wade was in charge of the draft, thus it was a successful one. Hopefully McNair does it again this year because I have no confidence in Kubiak when it comes to talent evaluation and the draft or FA. I think if this team achieve's any type of success next season it will be because of the talent level on the team, not because of Kubiak's skill as a head coach. Thanks for letting me vent, I feel better now.My pleasure & I tend to agree with your post. Do you think Wade can make the calls on the offense in regards to draft? Would Gary allow that? Last draft was mostly a defensive draft so not sure Wade is as good on that side of ball and we need O players this time.

badboy
03-28-2012, 01:41 PM
schaubs health is concerning. thats the only thing i am semi worried about going into this seasonDoes AJ's health concern?

The Pencil Neck
03-28-2012, 01:52 PM
1. Schaub worries me. When he was injured, I immediately expected him to miss most of this season. I haven't seen anything to make me change my mind about that. Hopefully TJ can make some serious improvement and keep us in this.

2. The right side of our line. Honestly, I think I might like Butler better than Winston. I thought Butler did a good job filling in for DB. But the loss of Brisiel hurts and hurts bad. When he went out last season, that was the end of our offense. He was a much more integral player in that line than people realize and I think we're in big trouble without him. We need to find someone to step up and play at the same level (and I didn't see Caldwell do it last year and I'm starting to think Caldwell doesn't have it.)

3. Our defense. Sure, we played great last year but I'm worried we won't be able to do it again.

4. Our WRs. I expect to go after a WR in the first couple of rounds of this draft. But WRs have a harder time acclimating to the NFL. Lots of receivers take a few years to grow into their game and I don't want to have to wait for someone. I'd hoped we'd peg one of the better FA WRs.

So.

I'm worried.

Thorn
03-28-2012, 02:02 PM
The only constant in the NFL is change. The Texans will be different from the team they were last year. What exactly that actually means in terms of their performance this season is what bothers me.

Good? Bad? Who the hell knows is probably the correct answer.

badboy
03-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Inconsistency.

Last year we saw the defense play at that other level, for 10+ games. In 2010, we saw our run game perform at that level for 16 games. In 2009, we saw Aj & Schaub take it to another level for 16 games give or take.

2011 was the first time I've seen any part of this team play at that other level from one season to the next & for us, that part was the run game. The OL & our RBs.

This isn't about stats, for me it's about refusing to lose & doing what it takes to get there. Matt Schaub had some great games in 2009 where he wasn't going to allow us to lose. Same with Aj... dragging DBs 7 yards, bowling over DBs to get into the endzone. He went into beast mode the entire season.

I haven't seen that from Aj since. (Well, there was that innegan beat down, but that was different). I haven't seen that from Schaub since. I question if our defense will bring it next year. Losing Brisiel & Winston, I wonder if our run game will bring it. And I question if AJ & Schaub will bring it.

I've got questions about Kubiak as well, but my biggest grr, is the on field leadership, where I think some of our players think they did their part (what I like to call the DR23 syndrome).Are you saying Schaub and AJ are over the hill, weighed down by frequent injuries or just no longer "beasting"?

As we have a poster going by Dr23 would you care to expand upon this statement?

thunderkyss
03-28-2012, 10:23 PM
Are you saying Schaub and AJ are over the hill, weighed down by frequent injuries or just no longer "beasting"?

As we have a poster going by Dr23 would you care to expand upon this statement?

I'm saying both Aj & Schaub have played at that level they need to play at to get us to a Super Bowl..... once.

They didn't play that way before & they haven't played that way since. In my mind, the way they played in 2009 is what we need our on field leaders to do.

Andre is 10 times better than Hines Ward has ever been, his stats eclipses him, & even though Hines Ward didn't get the guady numbers the last 6 seasons, he's most definitely (was) one of the leaders on that team & a primary reason they won 2 Super Bowls.

Matt is every bit as "good" as Ben, but Rapelisburger has 2 rings. Because he leaves everything on the field, every play.

Schaub doesn't.

dream_team
03-29-2012, 02:38 AM
3.) Lack of a bounty program.

I feel we're really behind the times on this one. Apparently, all the cool teams are doing it. So why aren't we?

Not having a bounty program is setting us back.

Maybe we do have one, we just suck at it?

badboy
03-29-2012, 09:56 AM
I'm saying both Aj & Schaub have played at that level they need to play at to get us to a Super Bowl..... once.

They didn't play that way before & they haven't played that way since. In my mind, the way they played in 2009 is what we need our on field leaders to do.

Andre is 10 times better than Hines Ward has ever been, his stats eclipses him, & even though Hines Ward didn't get the guady numbers the last 6 seasons, he's most definitely (was) one of the leaders on that team & a primary reason they won 2 Super Bowls.

Matt is every bit as "good" as Ben, but Rapelisburger has 2 rings. Because he leaves everything on the field, every play.

Schaub doesn't.I tend to agree TK. My concern is both may have started down the backside of career. AJ is a fan favorite deservedly but we better prepare for both being gone sooner maybe than later.

b0ng
03-29-2012, 11:54 AM

Schaub doesn't.

Nick Harper's wife is more responsible for the Steelers getting to the SB than Hines Ward.

Hervoyel
03-29-2012, 04:47 PM

This is what worries me. I think he'll be ready to start the season but I never count on him finishing one or not missing significant games.

Double Barrel
03-29-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm not much for optimism. Life has a way of kicking you in the nuts if you walk around with your head in the clouds all the time.

And I'm not much to live in a pessimistic worldview. Little things in life - running water, electricity, a/c, etc. - keep things in perspective for me.

But trying to have realistic expectations...this is somewhere in the middle. I do tend to think we should expect another playoff season. However, I remain guarded in that optimistic hope because of the status of Schaub. I honestly do not believe that he will be ready to play football in September based upon Marcus' experiences and CnD's expert opinions.

Our D should remain solid in spite of Wade's previous trend as DC. And a good, consistent defense can always keep you competitive and in games.

So yeah, playoffs, but the flip side is making it in with a 9-7 record. I think the Titans will give us much stiffer competition in 2012.

Texecutioner
03-29-2012, 05:04 PM
Kubiak as the leader of this team will always scare the hell out of me.

47-49.

CretorFrigg
03-30-2012, 01:31 PM
I tried to be optimistic this offseason, but it's getting difficult. If we had released our players due to their inability, I wouldn't be such a pessimist right now. But the fact is that we have a cap issue, and in order to resolve that, Ricky had to cut some players who played a considerable role on our team.

Cutting players and signing a punter is not going to improve our team. Granted, it's still early in the off-season, so we'll see how it all plays out.

badboy
03-30-2012, 03:11 PM
I tried to be optimistic this offseason, but it's getting difficult. If we had released our players due to their inability, I wouldn't be such a pessimist right now. But the fact is that we have a cap issue, and in order to resolve that, Ricky had to cut some players who played a considerable role on our team.

Cutting players and signing a punter is not going to improve our team. Granted, it's still early in the off-season, so we'll see how it all plays out.Could it improve the team if the replacement plays better? If Butler outplays Winston? He looked very good in relief of Brown and should do ok on right side. A lot will depend imo on how RG evolves.

JimBaker488
03-30-2012, 03:29 PM
Texans solid favorite to win the AFC South - before we went into the off season. Now the Titans are co-favs with us to win the Division.

Malloy
03-30-2012, 04:05 PM

Awww.... come on, there's also the gloomy sunshine club :)

CretorFrigg
03-30-2012, 04:31 PM
Could it improve the team if the replacement plays better? If Butler outplays Winston? He looked very good in relief of Brown and should do ok on right side. A lot will depend imo on how RG evolves.

I hope you're right. I do hope the replacements play much better, but the realist in me is telling me they were the the back-ups for a reason. Of course we all hear stories about backups making the best of their opportunities and going on to dominate the rest of their career, but they are far and few in between.

I'm actually not too worried about Butler stepping in. From what I've seen, he's a decent tackle, has all the intangibles, and has a lot of potential. What scares me is thinking about who will replace DeMeco. Sharpton didn't show a lot of promise when he played for us, and was part of the reason why our defense played atrociously 2 seasons ago under Frank Bush. However, I did question DeMeco's productivity back in 2011 in this thread...
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86801

badboy
03-30-2012, 07:37 PM
I hope you're right. I do hope the replacements play much better, but the realist in me is telling me they were the the back-ups for a reason. Of course we all hear stories about backups making the best of their opportunities and going on to dominate the rest of their career, but they are far and few in between.

I'm actually not too worried about Butler stepping in. From what I've seen, he's a decent tackle, has all the intangibles, and has a lot of potential. What scares me is thinking about who will replace DeMeco. Sharpton didn't show a lot of promise when he played for us, and was part of the reason why our defense played atrociously 2 seasons ago under Frank Bush. However, I did question DeMeco's productivity back in 2011 in this thread...
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86801understand your thoughts but am hopeful that SHarpton will respond well to OTAs & TC under new coaching. If Caldwell can take a huge step, I will be ok with Oline. IMO the replacement (whoever) for Ryan doesn't have to be better just same productivity as Demeco and we will be ok.

thunderkyss
03-31-2012, 04:13 PM
understand your thoughts but am hopeful that SHarpton will respond well to OTAs & TC under new coaching. If Caldwell can take a huge step, I will be ok with Oline. IMO the replacement (whoever) for Ryan doesn't have to be better just same productivity as Demeco and we will be ok.

Would have been great if we had the option to slide Eric inside. You know restructure his contract & slide him inside.

The Pencil Neck
04-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Would have been great if we had the option to slide Eric inside. You know restructure his contract & slide him inside.

I've said it before and I'll probably say it again at least 10 more times before the season starts, but I'm more worried about the RG spot than the RT spot. I'd have loved for them to have moved Winston in to RG but there wasn't a chance in hell of that happening to a guy widely considered to be one of the better RTs in the league.

Hate to see Winston go but I don't see as sharp a drop off between him and Butler as I do between Brisiel and Caldwell. OTOH, maybe Shelley Smith will step up.

thunderkyss
04-01-2012, 08:03 PM
I've said it before and I'll probably say it again at least 10 more times before the season starts, but I'm more worried about the RG spot than the RT spot. I'd have loved for them to have moved Winston in to RG but there wasn't a chance in hell of that happening to a guy widely considered to be one of the better RTs in the league.

Hate to see Winston go but I don't see as sharp a drop off between him and Butler as I do between Brisiel and Caldwell. OTOH, maybe Shelley Smith will step up.

I have always understood that the coaches see more than we do & have better information for which to base their decisions on. I wouldn't be surprised if Shelly Smith steps in & the line not miss a beat.

But, this offseason has not gone in the slightest, the way I imagined it. Yes, I'm a little upset about that.

Sure, I'll get over it by the time the season roles around, but I'd love to be able to vent.

Norg
04-02-2012, 01:08 AM
Texans solid favorite to win the AFC South - before we went into the off season. Now the Titans are co-favs with us to win the Division.

tenn has lost

Jake Scott G
Ken Amato C
Cortland Finnegan CB
William Hayes ???
Jason Jones DE

OK Every team losses there starters every now and agian Lets not jump off a bridge here

ckhouston
04-02-2012, 09:50 AM

We will sweep the division and be no worse than 11-5 ... no threat there.

b0ng
04-02-2012, 12:51 PM
We will sweep the division and be no worse than 11-5 ... no threat there.

I doubt that. For whatever reason the this Texans team has some sort of mental block that does not allow them to beat every other team in the south two times no matter how bad the teams are.

Norg
04-02-2012, 09:11 PM
I doubt that. For whatever reason the this Texans team has some sort of mental block that does not allow them to beat every other team in the south two times no matter how bad the teams are.

We could of swept The titans last year but we sent our JV Freshmen team out there and the titans still had a hard time beating us ... LOL

ObsiWan
04-03-2012, 03:31 AM

And how do you propose we could have restructured his contract and still saved 4.5 million bucks this year?

The ugly truth is that both Winston and Ryans are financially better off with other teams - that can afford to pay them - than they would have been had they been retained.

Or would you rather they stayed and suffered the indignity that Walter did by taking a massive (40+%) pay cut?

BullBlitz
04-03-2012, 10:13 PM
We could of swept The titans last year but we sent our JV Freshmen team out there and the titans still had a hard time beating us ... LOL

LOL that they beat us. If we could have swept them, we would have. Obviously, we couldn't.

Norg
04-03-2012, 10:51 PM
LOL that they beat us. If we could have swept them, we would have. Obviously, we couldn't.

we didnt try to sweep them last year so we will never know if we could have or not

Our backup backups played most of the game and could of tied it at the end but decided not two

Goldensilence
04-03-2012, 10:51 PM
I would have thought the distinction would have been.. optimist, realist, and pessimist. Either way I don't think Pessimist and realist are the same.

That Said, I have tempered expectations for this team.

Matt Schaub's health is a BIG concern for me. Will he really be ready to go by the season opener? How much will it affect his already limited mobility? Will it make him more rushed as a passer? Will he be able to stand up to the punishment if it affects his mobility?

I'm really more concerned about RG than losing Winston. Much as it hurt to lose Eric. I don't think Brisiel was world class but, he was consistent at what he was asked to do. I am hoping whomever gets more reps at RG will excell between Caldwell and S. Smith.

Defensively, I think we'll be fine. I do think we'll have to address the now lack of depth at OLB with MW departure and might have to look at another option at ILB over Sharpton as far as plugging any major starting hole. Which is a relief for once to be able to say that.

Also can Gary really FINALLY develop into an all around HC that can manage the game at all levels?

badboy
04-04-2012, 02:27 PM
I would have thought the distinction would have been.. optimist, realist, and pessimist. Either way I don't think Pessimist and realist are the same.

That Said, I have tempered expectations for this team.

Matt Schaub's health is a BIG concern for me. Will he really be ready to go by the season opener? How much will it affect his already limited mobility? Will it make him more rushed as a passer? Will he be able to stand up to the punishment if it affects his mobility?

I'm really more concerned about RG than losing Winston. Much as it hurt to lose Eric. I don't think Brisiel was world class but, he was consistent at what he was asked to do. I am hoping whomever gets more reps at RG will excell between Caldwell and S. Smith.

Defensively, I think we'll be fine. I do think we'll have to address the now lack of depth at OLB with MW departure and might have to look at another option at ILB over Sharpton as far as plugging any major starting hole. Which is a relief for once to be able to say that.

Also can Gary really FINALLY develop into an all around HC that can manage the game at all levels?I was under the belief that "/" was used for "and/or" and to save space typed it that way. Glad you were able to struggle past it and offer your opinion.

BullBlitz
04-04-2012, 10:57 PM
we didnt try to sweep them last year so we will never know if we could have or not

Our backup backups played most of the game and could of tied it at the end but decided not two

Decided not two? Wow.

Enough said.

Runner
04-05-2012, 07:16 AM
That's funny.

I'm now pessimistic because Kubes might decide to let the Titans and Colts win a couple of games this season. I hadn't thought of that before.

Rey
04-05-2012, 07:46 AM

Couldnt and didn't are two different things.

We played most of the game with a qb we had not too long ago picked up and a bunch of second and third stringers.

Garett graham saw action at the lb position.

Do you really think we put our best foot forward to win that game?

thunderkyss
04-05-2012, 12:36 PM
That's funny.

I'm now pessimistic because Kubes might decide to let the Titans and Colts win a couple of games this season. I hadn't thought of that before.

That was a damn good game, with our back-ups taking it to the Titans. We just ran out of time & it meant absolutely nothing. We didn't try to win the game, well, we did... by going for 2 instead of tying it up with an easy PAT & whup'n that Azz in OT.

I hope Kubiak has the opportunity to blow off at least 2 games at the end of the season.

:specnatz:

badboy
04-05-2012, 05:01 PM
That was a damn good game, with our back-ups taking it to the Titans. We just ran out of time & it meant absolutely nothing. We didn't try to win the game, well, we did... by going for 2 instead of tying it up with an easy PAT & whup'n that Azz in OT.

I hope Kubiak has the opportunity to blow off at least 2 games at the end of the season.:specnatz:

So yo are an optomist?

80tothezone
04-07-2012, 10:42 AM

Jacoby Jones still wearing a Texans uniform. You suit me up if you wanted someone to muff punts and drop 7 passes a game for a few mil a yr. Why the hell did we renew his contract. I would have rather spent the money on a backup Ol and gone into the season with 3 at WR and been able to retain/go get someone this yr.

80tothezone
04-07-2012, 11:52 AM
come to think of it we would have been better off buying the entire city of Houston something off the dollar menu at McDonald's than paying him another 3 mill. I would rather have seen them donate the money to the Iranian dictatorship for the purchase of nuclear weapons than give than man another cent...

badboy
04-07-2012, 01:55 PM
come to think of it we would have been better off buying the entire city of Houston something off the dollar menu at McDonald's than paying him another 3 mill. I would rather have seen them donate the money to the Iranian dictatorship for the purchase of nuclear weapons than give than man another cent...Israel says stick with the dollar menu.