PDA

View Full Version : David Garrard to the Dolphins

axman40
03-19-2012, 10:35 PM
Former Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback David Garrard has agreed to a one-year deal with the Miami Dolphins, Garrard's agent confirmed to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The Dolphins settled on Garrard after being spurned by almost every free-agent quarterback they courted this offseason.

Both Peyton Manning and Matt Flynn chose to sign elsewhere after visiting with the Dolphins and new coach Joe Philbin. Former 49ers quarterback Alex Smith, who visited the team Sunday, will likely return to San Francisco.

Garrard sat out 2011 after being cut by Jacksonville days before the start of the season and eventually underwent back surgery.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7711362/2012-nfl-free-agency-miami-dolphins-agree-1-year-deal-david-garrard-agent-says

Norg
03-20-2012, 02:09 AM
they got 2 vet QB's and Moore

Moore was playing good at the end of last year

i think the got a good crop of QB's

moore
David
Sage

kiwitexansfan
03-20-2012, 02:59 AM
I like Matt Moore too.

Borderlline starter, would be a great backup to a great QB.

SCOTTexans
03-20-2012, 08:47 AM

Moore was playing good at the end of last year

I thought they really stepped up torwards the end of the season, starting out 0-7 then ending the season 6-10. But trading Marshall caught me off guard. There best player for only (2) 3rd round picks.... 81rec for 1214yrds and there next reciever is davone Bess? :thumbdown

Think their in for alot of hurt this yr

Texan_Bill
03-20-2012, 08:49 AM
From southern Georgia :kitten: to South Florida!

Playoffs
03-20-2012, 08:50 AM
That GM Ireland must be a real peach -- no one wants to play for him. Remember last year he wouldn't release Rosenfels so Texans could use him? Then released him in November. Not a way to win friends.

moore
David
SageSage is with Minnesota.

GP
03-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Yet on NFLN last week, all the talking heads just knew that Manning, Wayne, and Clark would probably go to Miami and form a Miami Colts team down there.

Those guys know nothing.

El Tejano
03-20-2012, 12:30 PM
Honestly, why is Miami so down on Moore? He actually brought them to respectability.

Vinny
03-20-2012, 12:35 PM
Honestly, why is Miami so down on Moore? He actually brought them to respectability.
Since when has Miami been an astute judge of talent in the last several years? This new GM has done nothing for that team but scare players away apparently.