PDA

View Full Version : Bud Adams . . . Loser - Love it !!!!!!

zcity
03-19-2012, 01:33 PM
http://www.titansonline.com/news/art...5-5f1f7f605926

TITANS OWNER K.S. "BUD" ADAMS, JR.

“I want to thank the whole organization for their efforts in trying to sign Peyton and also to Peyton for the time he put into the process. Peyton called me this morning to inform me of his decision and obviously I am disappointed, because I thought we would be a perfect fit.

Now that we move forward, I want our fans to know that our expectations haven’t changed – winning a championship is still the goal. I like our quarterback situation moving forward and we will continue to build the team through free agency and the draft with that goal in mind.

I also want to commend Matt Hasselbeck and Jake Locker. They were thrown into a very difficult situation. Matt was very good for us last year; and at some point, we expect Jake to be our future franchise quarterback.”

Texan_Bill
03-19-2012, 01:35 PM
Wrong forum.

GP
03-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Sigh..................................

Marcus
03-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Haha .. LOVE IT!!!

Also shows what the Denver FO thought of Tim Albatross Tebow.

Love it, love it, love it!!!!!

zcity
03-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Wrong forum.

oops sorry bout' that - shoulda known better - my bad

thx for switching it

gwallaia
03-19-2012, 01:53 PM
Go to Hell Bud!!!!
Ha Ha Ha!!!!!

Shaft75
03-19-2012, 01:54 PM
So who else in here thinks Peyton signed with Denver because Tebow was cutting into his face time?

DonnyMost
03-19-2012, 02:05 PM
I also want to commend Matt Hasselbeck and Jake Locker. They were thrown into a very difficult situation.

Haha, yes they were, Bud. Have fun with that.

b0ng
03-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Miss out on Mario because you wanted Manning. Miss out on Manning because you were never going to get him anyway. Miss out on Myers/Wells because you wanted Manning.

http://i.imgur.com/vkQfg.gif

Marcus
03-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Oh Lord . . This place has definitely gone to hell in a hand basket.

EVOLVIST
03-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Hey, you guys, Bud Adams is a human being. He's done questionable things (like we all have), but I believe a lot of people here are frontin' for no real reason other than he took our football team away...a football team, I might add, that played 37 season in Houston, compared to the mere 15 seasons they've been gone, and in 10 of those years we've had our beloved Texans.

The guy served in WWII and was also an extremely integral part in the creation and continuance of the AFL, which we owe a great debt to.

His spirited, though sometimes suspect ownership method has done more good than bad. He gave football fans Bum Phillips, Jerry Glanville and Jeff Fisher. Sometimes I think if only our owner had that much fire in his guts for who he's hired!

The Titans might be rivals, and no, I do not like them, but they have damn cool uniforms (if that counts for anything).

I just don't think he's any more of a turd than other people we know personally, but because he's in the position he's in, he catches flack for it. Football is a business, and the same business principals that drove Adams away from Houston is the same business acumen that made the AFL thrive.

All I'm saying is that he's 89 years old and the chances are getting slimmer that he'll see his team go to the Super Bowl and win it. That's a shame for a man of his pedigree for all he's done for the sport.

Thorn
03-19-2012, 02:25 PM
Hey, you guys, Bud Adams is a human being. He's done questionable things (like we all have), but I believe a lot of people here are frontin' for no real reason other than he took our football team away...a football team, I might add, that played 37 season in Houston, compared to the mere 15 seasons they've been gone, and in 10 of those years we've had our beloved Texans.

The guy served in WWII and was also an extremely integral part in the creation and continuance of the AFL, which we owe a great debt to.

His spirited, though sometimes suspect ownership method has done more good than bad. He gave football fans Bum Phillips, Jerry Glanville and Jeff Fisher. Sometimes I think if only our owner had that much fire in his guts for who he's hired!

The Titans might be rivals, and no, I do not like them, but they have damn cool uniforms (if that counts for anything).

I just don't think he's any more of a turd than other people we know personally, but because he's in the position he's in, he catches flack for it. Football is a business, and the same business principals that drove Adams away from Houston is the same business acumen that made the AFL thrive.

All I'm saying is that he's 89 years old and the chances are getting slimmer that he'll see his team go to the Super Bowl and win it. That's a shame for a man of his pedigree for all he's done for the sport.

he left town with my Oilers.

Nothing can be said of him that will erase that. Screw Bud Adams. I hope the devil bonks him in hell.

Playoffs
03-19-2012, 02:31 PM

http://www.buffalorising.com/assets_c/2009/11/budadamsgrandkid-thumb-375xauto-6858.jpg

NastyNate
03-19-2012, 02:48 PM
The guy served in WWII...

You know who else was in WWII?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/10/Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-S33882,_Adolf_Hitler_retouched.jpg/200px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-S33882,_Adolf_Hitler_retouched.jpg

Topher
03-19-2012, 02:54 PM
You know who else was in WWII?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/10/Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-S33882,_Adolf_Hitler_retouched.jpg/200px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-S33882,_Adolf_Hitler_retouched.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f348/PlaceInHistory/icee.jpg

hookinreds
03-19-2012, 03:00 PM

It's his turd, let him roll around in it.

Señor Stan
03-19-2012, 03:06 PM
http://www.buffalorising.com/assets_c/2009/11/budadamsgrandkid-thumb-375xauto-6858.jpg

HEY KID!!! LEARN FROM THE MASTER!!!

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/5194/budshootingbird.jpg

michaelm
03-19-2012, 03:06 PM

Imma go out of the proverbial limb and guess that you weren't an Oilers fan.
And I know for damn sure, you weren't a fan during the Luv Ya Blue era.

EVOLVIST
03-19-2012, 03:12 PM
Yeah, and peeps are acting like Bud Adams turned the Zyclon B on 6 millions Jews and Poles, too. The guy is not evil. Not by a longshot.

What's closer to evil is that 15 years later people harbor actual ill will towards a fellow human being - an elder to most of us - talking about the mote in this dude's eye while they have planks in their own.

Surely our passion for sports does not cause a dispassion towards our fellow man, does it?

I just thought this thread is far more juvenile than I thought it should be. That Bud Adams is an A-hole, yes...but that he should go to Hell and people should wish him anguish? No.

Forgive me, but this is about as myopic as it gets.

Edit: And yes, Michaelm, I was an Oilers fan, when I started watching them with my father in 1978. I have tons of Oilers memorabilia, including a complete set of Oilers 1960, 1961 and 1966 cards. Even my avatar pays tribute to the 1974 Houston Texans.

Hookem Horns
03-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Bud Adams is a human being.

Not sure the point here since every person that has ever lived was still a human being no matter who there were.

The issue with Bud is that it seems that his number one motive is "sticking it to the city and fans of Houston".

The only thing better than him never seeing his team win a Super Bowl before he dies is him seeing the new team in Houston win one before he dies.

Vinny
03-19-2012, 03:25 PM
Not sure the point here since every person that has ever lived was still a human being no matter who there were.

The issue with Bud is that it seems that his number one motive is "sticking it to the city and fans of Houston".

The only thing better than him never seeing his team win a Super Bowl before he dies is him seeing the new team in Houston win one before he dies.
I'd also like to chime in. I wouldn't mind seeing him get eaten by zombies.

Dread-Head
03-19-2012, 03:27 PM
Cha, Adams treated Earl Campbell like crap when he was done with him. He fired Bum Phillips without telling him. He traded Mr. Warren Moon like he was ordering a sandwich and he treated Steve McNair like something he was scraping off his shoes. Peyton Manning isn't stupid. He wouldn't want to sign with a DCIK head like Bud. Buck Fud!

Thorn
03-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Yeah, and peeps are acting like Bud Adams turned the Zyclon B on 6 millions Jews and Poles, too. The guy is not evil. Not by a longshot.

What's closer to evil is that 15 years later people harbor actual ill will towards a fellow human being - an elder to most of us - talking about the mote in this dude's eye while they have planks in their own.

Surely our passion for sports does not cause a dispassion towards our fellow man, does it?

I just thought this thread is far more juvenile than I thought it should be. That Bud Adams is an A-hole, yes...but that he should go to Hell and people should wish him anguish? No.

Edit: And yes, Michaelm, I was an Oilers fan, when I started watching them with my father in 1978. I have tons of Oilers memorabilia, including a complete set of Oilers 1960, 1961 and 1966 cards. Even my avatar pays tribute to the 1974 Houston Texans.

Maybe you can forgive him, fine for you, but I can't. And even if I could I won't. Sorry, it doesn't matter what Bud did with his life, he moved the Oilers and that's all I need to know.

I can somewhat understand you, I got over the Oilers/Titans a long time ago and hold no ill will for the team and their fans. In fact, I like posting on one of their boards. But as to Bud Adams himself, **** Bud. He can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned.

hookinreds
03-19-2012, 03:36 PM
He got all the praise he could stand for everything you mentioned before he strung the city up by the shorthairs and beat us like one of Joe Texan’s piñatas. I’ll turn the other cheek anytime Bud wants me too, that way he can kiss both sides of my 4$$!

Double Barrel
03-19-2012, 03:51 PM
I smell a closet Titans fan.

We are FANS. This is what FANS do, so please spare the defense of the indefensible. Being old is not an excuse. Charlie Manson is old and a human being, too.

Read this book and get back to us: Oiler Blues: The Story of Pro Football's Most Frustrating Team (http://www.amazon.com/Oiler-Blues-Story-Footballs-Frustrating/dp/1891422006)

Pantherstang84
03-19-2012, 03:53 PM

This type of sentiment can only come from someone who didn't know the whole story about how the move came about. The money the county spent on the Astrodome to upgrade and renovate it to Bud and the NFL's liking. Let's not miss the point.

The Harris County Sports Authority spent $67 million dollars adding more seating and luxury suites. Bud and the League signed off on it and said the upgrades would meet their needs. Then just 7 years later, Bud moved the team to Tennessee after the county refused to build new stadium with public funds.

The taxpayers of Harris County are still paying the notes on that $67 million dollars today.

So, don't try to convince the old timers around here they should have sympathy for Bud Adams. He is a snake, cheat and liar.

Texan_Bill
03-19-2012, 04:00 PM

http://slanchreport.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/bud-adams-flipping-the-bird.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2754/4113007032_fb85a811d1_z.jpg?zz=1

Yeah, a real class act. :rolleyes:

He deserves all the vitriole he recieves here and more. Screw him!

Playoffs
03-19-2012, 04:05 PM
...a shame for a man of his pedigree for all he's done...Pedigree?http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/Soizic22/a%20smilie/laugh-1.gif How about http://i.pgcdn.com/pi/78/18/65/781865751_75.jpg

Read/learn: Oilers leave rich legacy of low-budget absurdity (http://texnews.com/texsports97/oilers063097.html)

Dread-Head
03-19-2012, 04:07 PM
http://slanchreport.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/bud-adams-flipping-the-bird.jpg

Yeah, a real class act. :rolleyes:

He deserves all the vitriole he recieves here and more. Screw him!

In the words of one of the poet laureats of my generation:

" Oh well everybody's heard...about the bird. Bird bird bird! Bird bird's the word! I said bird bird bird! Bird's the word! Well don't you know about the bird?
Well everybody knows that the bird is the word!"

Stemp
03-19-2012, 04:28 PM
This is the same dewsh-bag who after drafting Vince Young to the Titans, had a press conference IN HOUSTON BEFORE HE EVEN GOT TO TN just to rub it in the city's face.

Buck Fud.

jaayteetx
03-19-2012, 05:16 PM
ya, umm, buck fud, that is all...

steelbtexan
03-19-2012, 05:37 PM

^^^^

This

And our tax $$$$ are still paying for Buds forced Astrodome renovation.

Yep, that Buds a real peach. Guess Evolvist has never had any business dealings with Bud.

Premier
03-19-2012, 06:13 PM
" Oh well everybody's heard...about the bird. Bird bird bird! Bird bird's the word! I said bird bird bird! Bird's the word! Well don't you know about the bird?
Well everybody knows that the bird is the word!"

http://hulkster1970.com/petergriffin.gif

Wolf
03-19-2012, 06:21 PM

I learned a lot more about the guy from CnD's link

You might find this piece very entertaining......

Oilers leave rich legacy of low-budget absurdity (http://texnews.com/texsports97/oilers063097.html):)

Texan_Bill
03-19-2012, 06:28 PM

Earl Campbell did not retire an Oiler. Reason enough for me to consider the man an evil, spitefull POS, but then take my team???...

No, may his carcass rot in eternal hell. I would cheer the Cowboys on before I would ever consider showing him an ounce of respect.

TEXANRED
03-19-2012, 07:07 PM

I didn't take the attempted Manning signing as a stick to the Texans type deal. Manning is an Icon in Tennessee.

TEXANRED
03-19-2012, 07:14 PM
I learned a lot more about the guy from CnD's link

Hennigan stayed on for two more seasons. Tight end Willie Frazier wasn't sure he would make it through one. On a team flight in 1964, Frazier's rookie year, the plane was forced to return to Houston shortly after takeoff. With one engine down and another sputtering, the pilot come on the intercom and made a crackly announcement that he was about to fly out over the Gulf of Mexico and "drop fuel."

Frazier panicked. A teammate asked him what was wrong.

Frazier was only a rookie, he explained. And now the pilot was going to have to "drop a few." Frazier figured he was a goner, for sure

I wonder what his wonderlic score was?

Playoffs
03-19-2012, 07:19 PM
I wonder what his wonderlic score was?
Bud scored a 6 on the Wonderlic. http://cache2.hyves-static.net/images/smilies/default/smiley_tooth.gif

GP
03-19-2012, 07:20 PM
I'd also like to chime in. I wouldn't mind seeing him get eaten by zombies.

They wouldn't attack him.

They would think he was a walker already. The bad hair, the old rumpled leisure suit, pasty skin and bony fingers. And that smell.

Bud is zombie-proof.

Showtime100
03-19-2012, 07:35 PM
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Houston%20Texans/er3losCtMCm8YC3lq0OKcg.jpg

texdawg
03-19-2012, 07:44 PM
The day Art Modell gets planted in the ground there will be a five mile long line of Browns fans waiting to piss on his grave. I imagine some of you will celebrate Bud in the same way. Just bring plenty of beer, the wait for your turn may be awhile. hehe

b0ng
03-19-2012, 07:46 PM

Bud Adams is vile piece of crap. You can take your little lovefest for him over to gotitans.com I am absolutely sure they would appreciate it much more.

You would probably be the only person who frequents this board that would shame somebody for disrespecting Bud Adams.

Double Barrel
03-19-2012, 08:14 PM
I didn't take the attempted Manning signing as a stick to the Texans type deal. Manning is an Icon in Tennessee.

I think there are multiple reasons that Bud would do it.

First and foremost, from the icon angle, there is lots of money to be made. Bud is like Boss Hogg. Probably has a gold plated bathtub full of money somewhere in his house. And by now, all those bills smell like bacon. Please refrain from visualizing, because it may be hazardous to your sanity.

Secondly, he's looking at a Texans team that could/should be built to last. We have Bum's son now, who is being treated like royalty in this town. And last I checked, one of the primary reasons (of many) that Houstonians dislike Bud is directly related to how he treated Bum in the end.

It tears Bud up that Bob McNair got the shiny new stadium that he thought he wanted. To Bud's credit, and I give him this, he admitted that his biggest mistake was being impatient and not letting Drayton McLane, Jr. make the first move and taking the Astros to another city. Now McNair is a hero, even after almost a full decade of futility, selling out that stadium for ten consecutive seasons. The Texans are probably the franchise that he could only dream of owning, embraced by a loyal, rabid, and patient fanbase. He sees the spirit in the massive tailgate community every year that he visits Reliant for our annual Titans game.

And it probably bothers him that nobody in Tennessee gives a crap about the Oilers history, not even the players. The Houston Texans embrace those old Oilers players, and most of them want nothing to do with the Titans or Bud. That says a lot when a franchise is trying to honor it's former players and they won't even bother showing up since they never played as Tennessee Titans.

EVOLVIST is free to hold an opinion, as misguided as it may be, and we are free to disagree with it and never see eye to eye with it. I think it says something when well over 95% of Houston football fans agree on an issue. That's a consensus right there.

Texan_Bill
03-19-2012, 09:05 PM
This just in......

Buck Fud!!! May he die a miserable non-winning owner!!! Karma, she's a *****!!!!

AND DB, you're right on so many levels!!! Again Buck FUD!!!

I hope his dance with the devil haunts that franchise forever!!!

Like Peyton Manning would ever entertain a shot at the Tinnbreds signal caller was ever an option is akin to Hobie not liking man sausage!! :hobie:

EVOLVIST
03-19-2012, 10:53 PM
C'mon ya'll, all this crazy Closet-Tacks-Fan, Love-Fest-For-Adams is just bullsh!t.

I'm not pissed at anyone over this, and I'm far from a Dudley Do-Right, myself, but I thought I made myself perfectly clear that the disparity between having a strong dislike for someone versus an all out hatred was my contention... not that Bud Adams is some sort of angel.

That I made an attempt to point out good qualities about Adams might speak towards my naivety (or, rather, my belief that there is goodness in everybody, short of murderous and/or pedophilic acts); but I'm very much aware of the circumstances surrounding the Oilers' departure from our fair city. Nevertheless, I was more concerned with the humanistic approach rather than talks of money, simply to see if there was a real hatred towards Adams or if it's more as Double Barrel says, "a consensus," that can sometimes be mass hypnotic when we're talking about the people who make up a city.

Me? I'm a diehard Houston sports fan. I always have been and I always will be. But it's still just a sport. At the end of the day, these Billion Dollar Babies (thanks Alice) don't make or break me. I enjoy my Texans. I enjoy all of you...and that's good enough.

So, in closing, sometimes you have to gauge the temperature just by sticking your finger in. I did, and it was hot in here. These days, to me, Bud Adams, is like the dog with a baloney rind hanging out of his as s. I pity him. I feel sorry for him. But I'm certainly not going to reach out and pull the rind from his keaster.

I'm just not going to hate any man who has done no physical or mental harm to me or mine, either.

That's my last word. Flame away.

TheMatrix31
03-19-2012, 11:12 PM
I don't get it. Are you guys Oiler fans or are you Texans fans?

Sure he's a piece of ****, okay fine. But **** it. The Oilers don't exist anymore, and the Texans do. If you care about the Texans as much as you do, then Bud Adams or any of his bull**** don't matter anymore.

Lauren
03-20-2012, 12:32 AM
I love this article. Sounds like Bud just got broken up with. EmoBud!

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/titans/story/2012-03-19/peyton-manning-bud-adams/53653080/1
"I absolutely was going to pay him," Adams said. "And I was going to pay him to be with us until he was ready to be buried. And I was going to take care of him. I was going to spend a lot of money on him. But he didn't want that. He wanted to be somewhere else and I can't do anything about that.
"He knew about what we were going to pay him, and it was going to be a sizeable deal."
Manning visited the Titans in Nashville last Wednesday then worked out for team officials and coaches on Saturday in Knoxville, Tenn. He also worked out for the San Francisco 49ers and Broncos, and all three teams indicated they liked what they saw. Manning did not play last season because of neck problems that have required multiple procedures.
The 89-year-old Adams, who founded the franchise in 1959 as the Houston Oilers, was hoping Manning would be the player to take the Titans back to the Super Bowl. The franchise's one and only trip to the big game, Super Bowl XXXIV at the end of the 1999 season, came up just short in a 23-16 loss to the St. Louis Rams.
"I was hoping we could get him," Adams said. "On my next birthday I will be 90 years old. So I felt he could get us in the championship game quickly. These things happen. You sometimes don't know why they happen, but that's the way the business goes. He was nice enough to call me and tell me he wasn't going to be our man.

brakos82
03-20-2012, 12:44 AM
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh153/OleMissCub17/manning.gif

Txn_in_FL
03-20-2012, 01:12 AM

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/titans/story/2012-03-19/peyton-manning-bud-adams/53653080/1

See... sometimes it isn't always about the money.

Hookem Horns
03-20-2012, 07:36 AM
See... sometimes it isn't always about the money.

Yep, he already worked for one disloyal carpetbagger owner, he probably didn't want to work for another slimeball.

Also I am sure Peyton has seen this video or photos. What professional would really want to work for THIS given choices?

toronto
03-20-2012, 07:54 AM
LOL I'm a Titan fan and I hate his guts. I still miss my Oilers.

Señor Stan
03-20-2012, 08:44 AM
The day Art Modell gets planted in the ground there will be a five mile long line of Browns fans waiting to piss on his grave. I imagine some of you will celebrate Bud in the same way. Just bring plenty of beer, the wait for your turn may be awhile. hehe

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1807579&postcount=35

Here's how I would like to see things go...

BUD:on his deathbed Señor Stan, everyone hates me. I betrayed my home town by moving the Oilers, and now Tennessee hates me for running the franchise into the ground.

SEÑOR STAN: nods in agreement

BUD: I need to make a last request...since everyone has abandoned me, I would like you to take this bottle of whiskey. When I am buried, take the bottle to my grave and pour it on the ground so it will soak into my bones.

SEÑOR STAN: takes bottle Well, I can't deny a dying man his last request.

BUD: PROMISE ME!!!

SEÑOR STAN: I promise...you have my word.

BUD: dies

at the cemetery....

SEÑOR STAN: opens bottle, begins to drink whiskey

ONLOOKER: Señor Stan!!! That's Mr. Adam's whiskey!!! You PROMISED!!! YOU GAVE YOUR WORD!!!!

SEÑOR STAN: Yeah, I know...I just figured I'd run the whiskey through my kidneys first.

THE END.

Texan_Bill
03-20-2012, 08:48 AM

"EmoBud"!! That's fantastic!!!

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh153/OleMissCub17/manning.gif

LMFAO!!! Rep. if I could.

Playoffs
03-20-2012, 09:03 AM
"...I was going to pay him to be with us until he was ready to be buried. And I was going to take care of him. I was going to spend a lot of money on him. But he didn't want that. He wanted to be somewhere else and I can't do anything about that.

Kinda creepy sounding. http://forum.purseblog.com/images/smilies2/flowers.gif

SheTexan
03-20-2012, 10:20 AM
Kinda creepy sounding. http://forum.purseblog.com/images/smilies2/flowers.gif

He's still a bitter old man! Some folks think us diehard Oiler fans should "get over it" and move on. Well, tell the old man that! He will go to his grave regretting the day he moved the Oilers!! I use to have a lot more HATE for the old man, but, now I thank the GOOD LORD above for Bob McNair and our Texans!! Some of you rag on Daddy Bob all the time, and refuse to give him much credit, BUT, he has more class in his little finger than Bud has in his entire body! We won the war folks, we really did. Even if our TEXANS never win a SB, we are still better off. We have a top notch stadium, #1 tailgating in the entire NFL for 3 yrs, an inexperienced owner who I truly believe cares about the fans! Aside from our win/loss record, I can think of only ONE home game that I did not enjoy, and that was the Dallas game last year, and I've not missed one home game at Reliant, including preseason. SOOOOO, old Bud can shove it! The City of Houston moved on!!

Double Barrel
03-20-2012, 11:24 AM
C'mon ya'll, all this crazy Closet-Tacks-Fan, Love-Fest-For-Adams is just bullsh!t.

I'm not pissed at anyone over this, and I'm far from a Dudley Do-Right, myself, but I thought I made myself perfectly clear that the disparity between having a strong dislike for someone versus an all out hatred was my contention... not that Bud Adams is some sort of angel.

That I made an attempt to point out good qualities about Adams might speak towards my naivety (or, rather, my belief that there is goodness in everybody, short of murderous and/or pedophilic acts); but I'm very much aware of the circumstances surrounding the Oilers' departure from our fair city. Nevertheless, I was more concerned with the humanistic approach rather than talks of money, simply to see if there was a real hatred towards Adams or if it's more as Double Barrel says, "a consensus," that can sometimes be mass hypnotic when we're talking about the people who make up a city.

Me? I'm a diehard Houston sports fan. I always have been and I always will be. But it's still just a sport. At the end of the day, these Billion Dollar Babies (thanks Alice) don't make or break me. I enjoy my Texans. I enjoy all of you...and that's good enough.

So, in closing, sometimes you have to gauge the temperature just by sticking your finger in. I did, and it was hot in here. These days, to me, Bud Adams, is like the dog with a baloney rind hanging out of his as s. I pity him. I feel sorry for him. But I'm certainly not going to reach out and pull the rind from his keaster.

I'm just not going to hate any man who has done no physical or mental harm to me or mine, either.

That's my last word. Flame away.

I don't get it. Are you guys Oiler fans or are you Texans fans?

Sure he's a piece of ****, okay fine. But **** it. The Oilers don't exist anymore, and the Texans do. If you care about the Texans as much as you do, then Bud Adams or any of his bull**** don't matter anymore.

I understand where y'all are coming from, and to be honest, this 'hatred' is all within the "fan bubble" for me. I can't speak for everyone, but I do not wish the dude dead, and I would not do anything to harm the old bastard. I have joked about peeing on his grave, but in reality, that would take a lot more effort on my part than he's worth to me. It's a figure of speech, and I tend to be like SheTex these days: the fan hatred dissipated in direct correlation to the the love we have for our Texans.

Part of the fun of being a fan is rooting for the 'good guys' (our team) and hating on the 'bad guys' (rivalries, Cowboys, Titans, and Bud Adams).

I display a lot more cynicism on the forum, so much of this stuff is just for fun as a football fanatic. Just thought I would add this take to keep things in perspective. I do not carry much true hatred in my heart because it's so much negative energy, and the true hatred I have is reserved for violent a-holes who are detriments to society.

Texan_Bill
03-20-2012, 11:35 AM
I hope Bud Adams lives to be 120 years old...........

Without every having another sniff at the Super Bowl.

GP
03-20-2012, 12:11 PM
DB said it well. It's just fan hyperbole.

We're spouting off on here, not really HATING the guy. I mean, what would our hate do anyways? Nothing. But it feels good, it feels "cathartic," to bang out the words on a keyboard here.

Look, we couldn't do one thing to stop Bud from moving our team, the Oilers, out of Houston. We were helpless. Hostages. And he skipped town and has actively been a huge prick to us even after having left us. So if we want to type a few tacky words from time to time, it's the best we can do in terms of dealing with the situation...so be it. Let us be.

Only the guy passing away will kill the bad feelings once and for all. What he did was unforgivable from an Oilers' fan's point of view. Browns fans feel the same way about Modell, but at least Browns fans kept their logo, their name, their colors, their history...everything (they had a few years of vacation, that's all). We started over, and albeit we are better off with the Texans and McNair than we would have been with Oilers & Bud. I mean, look at Bud Adams now...THAT is the guy we would have as the owner of our team.

Who knows how history shakes out had Oilers stayed here. Would Steve McNair been off'd alongside a Dave & Busters waitress in Tennessee? I dunno. Would the Oilers have selected Vince Young and we'd have dealt with all of that? I dunno. But I know this: The man is senile and petty, and he would have been flipping the bird and doing other weird things too. We're better off.

chicagotexan2
03-20-2012, 12:48 PM
Yep, he already worked for one disloyal carpetbagger owner, he probably didn't want to work for another slimeball.

Also I am sure Peyton has seen this video or photos. What professional would really want to work for THIS given choices?

Not only did this Ahole take away my oilers (who are dead to me) but he effed the city after agreeing to stay when the pricey renovations were done to the dome. And on top of all that this decrepit sack of krap is throwin gang signs in this pic. Thug life fo sho.

TheMatrix31
03-20-2012, 06:17 PM
Maybe its because I don't live in Houston and I wasn't an Oilers fan before being a Texans fan, but my hatred for the Titans is due to them being the Titans.

Bud Adams is the owner of the Titans so I hate him because of that, just don't have any prior feelings other than acknowledging that he did Houston dirty 16 years ago or whenever it was.