PDA

View Full Version : What team picks #1 in 2006?

Texas_Thrill
05-09-2005, 06:56 PM
That's a pretty straight fwd question. Who is picking Matt Leinhart NEXT year or even better who will trade up for him????

As of right now I'm going to go with Carolina. The team is falling apart and though they have Jake he has nobody to throw too this year other than Colbert (if he is healthy). I see him having a bad enough year to possibly question a new qb.

My runner-up are the PATRIOTS! I'M KIDDING. Just making sure ya paying attention. My real runner-up is the Broncos. Does anyone understand what that team is doing?

Now that I think about it I might need to flip them and carolina around. lol

TexansCanes
05-09-2005, 07:30 PM
are those teams that are going to be picking number one or teams that might looking to trade up? i would say that the browns will be in the conversation along with possibly the titans if mcnair doesn't regain his old form. its hard to say because the nfl is so tricky now, you never know what team could turn it around.

Vinny
05-09-2005, 07:55 PM
Tennesse Flaming Meatballs. I think the Panthers are going to be good. Steve Smith is a solid WR, and I'm big on Delhomme.

infantrycak
05-09-2005, 07:57 PM
As of right now I'm going to go with Carolina. The team is falling apart and though they have Jake he has nobody to throw too this year other than Colbert (if he is healthy). I see him having a bad enough year to possibly question a new qb.

Thumbtacks look like a good possibility.

The Panthers finished the season with 6 wins in the last 8 games after winning just 1 of the 1st 8. Seems to me they finished like a team that may rebound--especially getting their top two RB's back.

YodAa
05-09-2005, 07:59 PM
Doesn't Jake still have Steve Smith? Plus he's not going to get the boot after an almost SB season. The Broncos will still have faith in Plummer for at least 2 more seasons so maybe they'll just draft a QB low in the draft. I think teams that would go for Leinart are Browns, Raiders (If Collins doesn't work out), Lions (If Harrington still sucks), Saints (If they get tired of Aaron Brooks and don't even give Adrian McPherson a chance), and maybe even the Bucs! But only if we did bad that year and it was Brian's fault but I doubt it will be his fault.

Reddevil63
05-09-2005, 08:19 PM
I think either Tennesee or San Fran again, they had a good draft, but they still have a looooooooooong way to go.

wags
05-09-2005, 08:22 PM

Carolina should be good this year. As for them drafting a QB, they just drafted Stefan Leflors. He only completed 75% of his passes last year. So I think their QB situation is ok. :rolleyes:

YodAa
05-09-2005, 08:30 PM
I think either Tennesee or San Fran again, they had a good draft, but they still have a looooooooooong way to go.

Maybe Tennessee although I think maybe they would just do what Green Bay did and pick the best QB available and let him sit out for a year while he watches Steve play so he can learn but I doubt San Frans would trade all the way up to pick a player because they just got a QB and that number one spot is worth 4 times as much as last year's was so maybe they would trade up to 5 if they're not already there yet.

Reddevil63
05-09-2005, 08:44 PM
I didnt say anything about trading up, I think they earn the no. 1 pick

Porky
05-09-2005, 10:05 PM
I'm going to go WAY out on a limb and say GB. Hey, no guts, no glory. I think they play in the toughest division this year, and they regressed this offseason. There are a number of other teams that will be vying for this honor, including Tenn, Oakland, SF, and Washington. Those will be your bottom five, give or take one. I think Carolina has a rebound year. They will be good, not great. I expect 9 or 10 wins. I would be shocked if they finished last in the league.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
05-09-2005, 10:12 PM
Cleveland Browns

YodAa
05-09-2005, 10:14 PM
I didnt say anything about trading up, I think they earn the no. 1 pick

O. Sorry but if they ended up 1st pick I think they would trade down like 1 or 2 spots like in the Ryan Leaf trade.

05-09-2005, 11:04 PM
I think Carolina is making the playoffs... I love their team.

I'd say the Titans get the #1 pick... They are horrible depth-wise and don't have the world's greatest starters.

Fiddy
05-09-2005, 11:09 PM
Cleveland BrownsI have to go with the Browns, too...

The only reason I'm not going with the Titans is because I like Fisher as a coach and he will figure something out to make the Titans win more than 4 games. I do not see the Browns winning 3.

beerlover
05-09-2005, 11:26 PM
with the 1st pick in the 2006 Draft the Miami Dolphins select-

http://chicago.comcastsportsnet.com/images/content/national/leinhart.jpg

Matt Leinhart, QB USC Trojans

YodAa
05-09-2005, 11:27 PM
I don't think the Phins will give up that fast on Feeley.

edo783
05-09-2005, 11:32 PM
Brownies seem to be the likely one.

YodAa
05-09-2005, 11:38 PM
Of course the browns want Leinart, what do you think they brought in Dilfer for a winning season? They want him so they can self destruct and pick high in the draft.

F-minus67
05-09-2005, 11:52 PM
I think that the Skins will have the worst season of Gibbs career. There is no leadership on either side of the ball.

D-ReK
05-10-2005, 12:44 AM
For now, my guess is that either the Broncos (via Washington), Dolphins, or San Francisco will have the 1st overall pick...

Texas_Thrill
05-10-2005, 12:54 AM
I don't see Cleveland taking Leinhart with them drafting Charlie Frye.

I think Romeo did very well cleaning out a lot of the JUNK in CLE.

Tenn. well very well might be with PacMan losing his MIND.

Washington's Defense will win them enough games alone to not have the #1 pick.

I agree CAR will rebound after looking at their draft.

I edit my choices too...........Denver or Tenn.

What about the kid that is McNair's Back-Up though?

beerlover
05-10-2005, 01:18 AM
I don't see Cleveland taking Leinhart with them drafting Charlie Frye.

I think Romeo did very well cleaning out a lot of the JUNK in CLE.

Tenn. well very well might be with PacMan losing his MIND.

Washington's Defense will win them enough games alone to not have the #1 pick.

I agree CAR will rebound after looking at their draft.

I edit my choices too...........Denver or Tenn.

What about the kid that is McNair's Back-Up though?

Cleveland will surprise alot of people. Frye is another very good QB, they will need to build the O-Line however.

The Titans are rebuilding but with alot of good young players. in my opinion they blew it by taking Jones over Rolle (maybe it was a last name thing) but they redeemed themselves by drafting the best OT (once again my opinion) in the draft Michael Roos which should enable McNair to remain upright more that in 04.

Your right about the skins D, should be good enough to about split their games given any offense at all.

Carolina had a decent draft but what really favors them from becomming celler dewellers is thier soft schedule in 05, depending on health of key players they just may be in contention for a wildcard spot. excellent coaching

Denver I would not touch with a 10 ft. pole, but somehow each year the Broncos win games they should'nt, just look at last years game with the Texans :crying:

nope until someone can convince me otherwise Feeley in Miami is the biggest reach, Sabin is a rookie coach with a new system :ouch:

Texan Dave
05-10-2005, 09:03 AM
I think it will be Tennesee, I feel that McNair really is a Warren Moon, had a great Prolific career. But just as Monn did, he's gone from elite to less than average in one year. I mean the back up I believe his name is Vollers??? played better than he did last year in my openion. Their stats definately sugest that, but you can't base everything on stats. I think McNair needs to go ahead and retire, his body has just been through too much punishment.

beerlover
05-10-2005, 09:37 AM
I think it will be Tennesee, I feel that McNair really is a Warren Moon, had a great Prolific career. But just as Monn did, he's gone from elite to less than average in one year. I mean the back up I believe his name is Vollers??? played better than he did last year in my openion. Their stats definately sugest that, but you can't base everything on stats. I think McNair needs to go ahead and retire, his body has just been through too much punishment.

his name is Billy Volek, he hails from the same College as David Carr Fresno State. also recently resigned & gives the Titans a quality back-up to McNair.

Huge
05-10-2005, 09:57 AM
San Francisco will suck and suck hard. They were easily the worst team in the league last year. So far, their off-season has looked like this...

Draft:
Alex Smith
Davod Baas
Frank Gore
Adam Snyder
Ronald Fields
Rasheed Marshall
Derrick Johnson
Daven Holly
Marcus Maxwell
Patrick Estes
Billy Bajema

Free agents signed:
Marques Douglas
Jonas Jennings
Joe Nedney

Free agents lost:
Ronnie Heard
Kyle Kosier
Todd Peterson
Daleroy Stewart
Brandon Whiting
Cedrick Wilson

Their schedule:
St. Louis
@ Philadelphia
Dallas
@ Arizona
Indianapolis
@ Washington
Tampa Bay
N.Y. Giants
@ Chicago
Seattle
@ Tennessee
Arizona
@ Seattle
@ Jacksonville
@ St. Louis
Houston

Combine their draft that was built for the future (smart move) with their lack of impact free agents (only move) and their tough schedule, I can see maybe 3 wins.

wiley2002
05-10-2005, 10:14 AM
It's really too early to tell but I have to say the #1 pick is going to be the Flaming Thumbtacs'. But are they set on Voleck (sp) or not? Anyone know?

beerlover
05-10-2005, 10:14 AM
Their schedule:
St. Louis
@ Philadelphia
Dallas
@ Arizona
Indianapolis
@ Washington
Tampa Bay
N.Y. Giants
@ Chicago
Seattle
@ Tennessee
Arizona
@ Seattle
@ Jacksonville
@ St. Louis
Houston

Combine their draft that was built for the future (smart move) with their lack of impact free agents (only move) and their tough schedule, I can see maybe 3 wins.

GOT YA BEAT ONLY TWO WINS FOR THE FINS :heh:

DENVER BRONCOS
at New York Jets
CAROLINA PANTHERS
Bye Weekend
at Buffalo Bills
at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS W
at New Orleans Saints
ATLANTA FALCONS
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
at Cleveland Browns
at Oakland Raiders
BUFFALO BILLS
at San Diego Chargers
NEW YORK JETS
TENNESSEE TITANS W
New England Patriots

PapaL
05-10-2005, 10:19 AM
Tennesee - Norm Chow was the OC for USC. How could they pass up a QB that would already know his system? That and McNair on the verge of retiring. Would seem to add up, but this is the NFL - nothing adds up.

TheOgre
05-10-2005, 10:34 AM
I think that Tennessee, Cleveland, and San Francisco will still all draft in the top 10. I expect some improvements by Oakland, Miami, Arizona, and Chicago. With the exception of the first 3 teams I mentioned, I have a difficult time determining the really bad teams at this point. Lets see who gets injured between now and then though.

Porky
05-10-2005, 11:07 AM
The Brownies are my other major bottom five candidate, but somehow, I think Romeo will somehow give them just enough to be around 6th or 7th. I think it's between them and Washington for #5. I think Miami will also be in that same range, or maybe a bit better due to Ronnie Brown. A great RB will take the load off of their defense and their pathetic QB situation.

keyfro
05-10-2005, 11:16 AM
my pick is that the dolphins will be picking number 1 overall and selecting leinart...if the browns are selecting number 1 overall they won't take leinart after drafting charlie frye in the third round...they have said he is their heir to the starting job after this season with dilfer...other possiblities are:

tennessee...continue to fall but i don't think they will draft leinart
new orlean saints...what are they doing
san fran i don't think will be that bad
oakland will but it will be because of their shamefull defense
remember the giants...they won't do much...lets face it they are in a division with the eagles and parcells :dangit:

and my surprise pick of the year the kansas city chiefs

defense got better but this will be the year that the offense starts to look it's age...holmes, green, all recievers, and most of the oline are over 30

Porky
05-10-2005, 01:36 PM
I dunno about KC. I actually think that they might contend again this year. Other than Minn, nobody helped themselves on defense more than KC. Sure, they are aging to a degree on offense, but they should have a drastically improved defense, which means they can score 24 instead of 38, and still win. I'll go out on a limb and predict an 11-5 record for KC.

royce1054
05-10-2005, 03:17 PM

DENVER BRONCOS
at New York Jets
CAROLINA PANTHERS
Bye Weekend
at Buffalo Bills
at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS W
at New Orleans Saints
ATLANTA FALCONS
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
at Cleveland Browns
at Oakland Raiders
BUFFALO BILLS
at San Diego Chargers
NEW YORK JETS
TENNESSEE TITANS W
New England Patriots

I would switch the KC with the Tampa, Cleveland, Buffalo or even New Oreleans. I think KC will either win the west or make the wild card or be 1 game off. They have improved their Defense incredibly. I dont think tampa will win 7 games i dont think Cleveland will win 5 and Buffalo with a new QB i have to say they will win about 6. The saints are another team i can see the phines beating. This team is a .500 team no better. I think there is a chance that Miami could pull it off. There is a possiblilty they could win the Tampa, Cleveland, 1 out of 2 Buffalo and the Saints game plus Tennessee thats puts them at 5 tops. O well another top 5 pick again

Huge
05-10-2005, 04:34 PM

DENVER BRONCOS
at New York Jets
CAROLINA PANTHERS
Bye Weekend
at Buffalo Bills
at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS W
at New Orleans Saints
ATLANTA FALCONS
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
at Cleveland Browns
at Oakland Raiders
BUFFALO BILLS
at San Diego Chargers
NEW YORK JETS
TENNESSEE TITANS W
New England Patriots

The '04 Dolphins might only win 2 games. But compare their off-season with SF's...

Draft:
Ronnie Brown
Matt Roth
Channing Crowder
Travis Daniels
Anthony Alabi
Kevin Vickerson

Brown will contribute more than all the rookies combined for the 49ers.

Free agents signed:
Kevin Carter
Damion Cook
Mario Edwards
Heath Evans
Gus Frerotte
Vonnie Holliday
Tebucky Jones
Stockar McDougle
Donnie Spragan
Travares Tillman

Free agents lost:
David Boston
Jay Fiedler
Arturo Freeman
Morlon Greenwood
Sammy Knight
Rob Konrad
James Newson
Bryan Robinson
Jay Williams
Shawn Wooden

Miami will be much improved next season (mostly because they have so much room for improvement). But they've also helped themselves quite a bit. Moreso than San Francisco anyway.

Texas_Thrill
05-10-2005, 05:59 PM
No way with Oakland. They had a decent off-season with Jordan signing and adding moss with porter gives them a nice set of WR.....which the off still wont live up to its potential just b/c of Kerry I throw too many INT's Collins.

KC D is GREATLY improved and we all know a decent D keeps you out of the #1 pick always.

I think Tenn or Den for sure. I think Plummer AND Shannahan are in trouble up in Den.

Tenn would be perfect for Leinhart I'll give you that just b/c he already knows the OFF. Volek showed signs of IT but then last year NOT IT.

royce1054
05-10-2005, 08:30 PM
IMO i could clump 5 teams in the worse category Then some that will be in the top 11... then i have a bunch of teams that could go either way... then we have the 5 top teams... what do u think

Teams i think have a shot at the worse record. Top 5 worse
San Fransisco
Tennessee
Cleveland
Miami
Denver

Teams who will be close Next worst
Tampa Bay
Chicago
Buffalo
Oakland
Panthers
Washington

Inbetweeners ones that could go either way
Arizona
Detriot
Minnesota
Cincinatti
Houston
Jacksonville
San Diego
Seattle
New Oreleans
Green Bay
NY Giants
NJ Jets
Kansas City
St. Louis
Baltimore
Dallas

Playoff for sure teams
Philly
Atlanta
Pittsburg
Indianapolis
New England

Huge
05-10-2005, 10:49 PM
I think if you're anywhere close to being right, I'm taking you to Vegas with me next time I go back. :)

How many predicted both the Raiders and Bucs would miss the playoffs the season following their Super Bowl seasons? How many predicted San Diego would go from 4-12 to 12-4 the next year?

rittenhouserobz
05-11-2005, 08:15 AM
This is so hard to tell. If the Texans lose David Carr to injury for half the season they could be picking #1 overall and McNair could lead the meatballs to a .500 or better season. It is the drama that the NFL has that makes it interesting. We just don't know how things will turn out.

My best geuss though would have to be Miami. They drafted a RB. Their OL did not improve. The defense is dwindling. The one thing they have going is a fired up coach in Saban. That is the main attraction in Miami right now. My geuss is that they will get the QB from USC unless another QB surprises us.

TheOgre
05-11-2005, 08:50 AM
I think the Dolphins win 7 games myself. They have the defense. They added the RB that they were lacking last year. I think Feeley won't be that bad with an actual rushing attack. They have solid receiving targets in Chambers, Booker, and McMichael. Their O-line is still a liability but I think Saban brought in a couple of guys to help.

Texan Dave
05-11-2005, 08:59 AM
IMO i could clump 5 teams in the worse category Then some that will be in the top 11... then i have a bunch of teams that could go either way... then we have the 5 top teams... what do u think

Teams i think have a shot at the worse record. Top 5 worse
San Fransisco
Tennessee
Cleveland
Miami
Denver

What makes you think that Denver will be one of the worst 5???
Did something happen in the offseason that I don't know about??
Besides drafting Maurice Clarett, I didn't think they made too many mistakes this offseason. They were one of the better teams last year.

royce1054
05-11-2005, 09:14 AM
I still think the phins have a couple of years. I give them 2-3 years before they will be great. Those predictions are obcourse barring a major injury.. I gaurantee 1 of those teams will surprise us but i do think you can clump those teams in most part into that area. Obcourse if Carr does go down then we could throw us into the 5-8 picking range. but seriously you cant say SF, Cleveland, miami and Tennesee will have horrible records. I dont think either 1 will make it out of the bottom 5. I say Denver bc i think things are falling apart there. SD will have their 8-8, 9-7 and KC is very much improved i think they could go 10-6 maybe 9-7. I think Denver will be hit hard this year. I looked at Miami's schedule that was posted the best i think they can do this year is 5-11 top 5-7 pick. Tennesee enough said they are rebuilding.
I think its the next group where a team will surprise us. Tampa Bay is also going through rebuilding they do have some good players but they could be the team that jumps out of this group but i dont see it with Atlanta and New Orelans plus they play the AFC east and some very much improved teams from the NFC north. Chicago is Chicago i dont know what to say about this team. 1 year they do good surprise us all then they fall off the map. I dont think their Defense is all that great and i dont think they have all that good of a OL for Benson to run though. I dont see chicago moving out of this group. Buffalo has a rookie QB thats why i think they wont do much this year. I dont think Losman is a Rothlesburger it could happen but i dont think Buffalo will win more than 6-7 games if that this year. Oakland they have improved their Offense i give them that. SD and KC have too good of teams to put Oakland too much higher. They might surprise and go 7-9 somewhere in that area. Panthers talking about a team that has crashed. and burned. I dont expect much from this team. Prob a 6-10 to 7-9 area they have a tuff schedule too. Washington always seems like the odd team out in the east. Dallas is much improved this year on the defensive side of the ball. I dont see them beating Philly. Their best bet is to beat NYG. Plus they play the AFC west and that will take a toll on their record this year. This is a few reason why i put them in this category. Obcourse a team that is not mentioned here could lose a player and be put in this category easy. This is just saying as of right now no injuries i could clump these teams into these groups.

royce1054
05-11-2005, 09:25 AM
What makes you think that Denver will be one of the worst 5???
Did something happen in the offseason that I don't know about??
Besides drafting Maurice Clarett, I didn't think they made too many mistakes this offseason. They were one of the better teams last year.

Well lets look at their sechedule
1 Sun Sep.11 at Miami W
2 Sun Sep.18 SAN DIEGO L
3 Mon Sep.26 KANSAS CITY L
4 Sun Oct. 2 at Jacksonville L
5 Sun Oct. 9 WASHINGTON W
6 Sun Oct.16 NEW ENGLAND L
7 Sun Oct.23 at New York Giants W
8 Sun Oct.30 PHILADELPHIA L
9 BYE WEEK
10 Sun Nov.13 at Oakland L
11 Sun Nov.20 NEW YORK JETS L
12 Thu Nov.24 at Dallas L
13 Sun Dec. 4 at Kansas City L
14 Sun Dec.11 BALTIMORE L
15 Sat Dec.17 at Buffalo W
16 Sat Dec.24 OAKLAND W
17 Sat Dec.31 at San Diego L

That seem accurate doesnt it... I added a few wins in their that could go either way. hey 5-11 in the AFC west is like 8-8 in the NFC west lol

Texan Dave
05-11-2005, 01:19 PM
That seem accurate doesnt it... I added a few wins in their that could go either way. hey 5-11 in the AFC west is like 8-8 in the NFC west lol

Sorry, but that isn't anywear near accurate. Denver has a solid defence, and probably the best offensive line in the NFL. They will be playoff contenders, and they will have another great runningback come out of the wood work. Jake Plummer will also have more 400+ yard passing games also, and yeah he'll also throw a lot of picks.

Texas_Thrill
05-11-2005, 03:51 PM
Denver is in a state of CONFUSION.

They have 4 RB's. I know they are RB U but they had much more needs than taking clarett in 3.

They brought in FOUR of CLE junk at DL. I mean if ROMEO won't keep them why would u take all of them? Makes no sense.

Plummer is still erratic at best.

The D is suspect with Bailey being the only solid thing on there. Lynch is waaaay past old at this point.

Den. or Tenn. will be picking #1. IMO.

Huge
05-11-2005, 04:11 PM
Plummer was erratic at best last season...Denver still won 10 games with a back-up RB (Droughns).

Cleveland had no problem letting Brown, Ekuban and Warren go because they're not 3-4 personnel. Denver doesn't run a 3-4.

Lynch is so past old he made the Pro Bowl last season. I don't think he belonged there but he's certainly not a liability in the secondary.

Their LB trio of DJ Williams, Al Wilson and Ian Gold could be just sick.

Their suspect defense finished 4th in the NFL in yards allowed last year.

"Could" they be picking #1? Sure. But I wouldn't bet anything on it no matter the odds.

Texan Dave
05-11-2005, 05:31 PM
If Carr was putting up 400 & 500 yard passing games, on top of our any of 3 RB's capable of hitting the 1500 yard rushing mark.... never mind, but sorry to tell you man, eratic or not, Plumer is one of the beter talents at QB in this league. As for as Lynch being too old, ask our recievers if he's too old, he's one of the hardest hitting safeties in the NFL. The only confusion I see for Denver is witch RB they should start.

THEFUTURE
05-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Niners should have taken Braylon Edwards, knowing they will be back in this position again next year. Then they would be able to get Leinert and have one hell of a tandem, but they went and messed everything up, and took Smith

beerlover
05-11-2005, 06:02 PM
Niners should have taken Braylon Edwards, knowing they will be back in this position again next year. Then they would be able to get Leinert and have one hell of a tandem, but they went and messed everything up, and took Smith

I agree with you on that one :thumbup

royce1054
05-11-2005, 06:56 PM
Sorry, but that isn't anywear near accurate. Denver has a solid defence, and probably the best offensive line in the NFL. They will be playoff contenders, and they will have another great runningback come out of the wood work. Jake Plummer will also have more 400+ yard passing games also, and yeah he'll also throw a lot of picks.

Its also their schedule. Ok, what teams do u think they will beat Philly, New England? They play some tuff teams. The AFC west has improved. I think KC will win the division with a 10-6 or 11-5 record. Then SD will be next with a 10-6 or 9-7. Oakland will go 7-9 or 6-10. Denver just seems to be the team this year that will finish last in the division. They are my pick to be a top 5 i dont know about #1, SF, Cleveland, Miami, and Tennessee all dont have all that great of teams.

D-ReK
05-11-2005, 07:06 PM
Cleveland had no problem letting Brown, Ekuban and Warren go because they're not 3-4 personnel. Denver doesn't run a 3-4.

I could've swore I heard Denver was switching to a 3-4 since "it gives Manning more problems" than a 4-3...

texasguy346
05-11-2005, 07:20 PM
I could've swore I heard Denver was switching to a 3-4 since "it gives Manning more problems" than a 4-3...

Shannahan has mentioned using the 3-4, but I think you'll see him mixing it in and out. I doubt the Broncos will be exclusively a 3-4 team. He's obviously looking for help at CB with the additions he made through the draft, and it seems as if his offseason is geared toward beating the Colts. Too bad he'll still end up losing to them.

royce1054
05-11-2005, 07:21 PM

I thought that too. I didnt have the info to back it up thought so i didnt want to say to post it. I did hear that. Changing D's and an erractic QB dont add up into a playoff season. I think they will be lucky to win 1 possibly 2 games in division if a team has a bad week. They dont have the easiest schedule either they play some teams that are going to be really good this year.

Texas_Thrill
05-11-2005, 07:45 PM
Denver doens't have a BACK-UP RB first of all. Anyone they have plugged in that system has looked great.

Plummer or Kerry collins just close ur eyes and take a pick. Turnover prone and can't win the big games. Not to mention plummer and his famous middle finger incident last year.

Not to mention all the strides that those in their division have made.

I think SD wins the division this year. KC comes in a close second just b/c their D much improved still hasn't had time to GEL and their O if holmes goes down again is too old to win anything on its own any more. Oakland is much improved but you never know what u will get out of that whole team from week to week.

Clearly if Romeo thought the DL could play PERIOD he would have kept them. Even at the pats he ran a mix D though they were primary 3-4 they still ran enough 4-3 that if he thought those DL weren't consistent they would have kept them.

Huge
05-11-2005, 08:38 PM
Denver doens't have a BACK-UP RB first of all. Anyone they have plugged in that system has looked great.

So how is it a bad thing that they have 4 RBs? I agree they had a terrible draft. But you don't see the effects of a draft (good or bad) immediately. They'll pay for drafting bad in '05. But it won't be during the '05 season.

And yes, before the beginning of last season, Reuben Droughns was a back-up. He wasn't even on the depth chart as a half-back (he converted from the FB position).

Plummer or Kerry collins just close ur eyes and take a pick. Turnover prone and can't win the big games. Not to mention plummer and his famous middle finger incident last year.

Once again, Jake Plummer was'nt great last year (although he had solid numbers). But the Broncos still won 10 games. Now you expect him to play so bad they finish with one of the worst record in football?

Clearly if Romeo thought the DL could play PERIOD he would have kept them. Even at the pats he ran a mix D though they were primary 3-4 they still ran enough 4-3 that if he thought those DL weren't consistent they would have kept them.

I don't think it was Romeo's decision. And playing ability doesn't always translate to you keeping your job (ask several high priced veterans that have been cut).

I do expect their defense to drop off. But when you were the 4th ranked defense you really can't improve much. They're certainly not going to suffer such a drop off that will put them as the worst team in the league.

Texan Dave
05-11-2005, 10:38 PM
Its also their schedule. Ok, what teams do u think they will beat Philly, New England? They play some tuff teams. The AFC west has improved. I think KC will win the division with a 10-6 or 11-5 record. Then SD will be next with a 10-6 or 9-7. Oakland will go 7-9 or 6-10. Denver just seems to be the team this year that will finish last in the division. They are my pick to be a top 5 i dont know about #1, SF, Cleveland, Miami, and Tennessee all dont have all that great of teams.

With their defence, they're perfectly capable of shuting down New England or Philly, it's just a matter of ball controll, and keeping Plumer from throwing too many wild throws. KC and Oakland will both suck this year, last year was just the beginning of KC's fall. Not even Moss will resurect Oakland, they will most likely have 2 rookies starting at CB with Woodson making a full time conversion to safety by the end of the season, Collins is washed up. If Houston wins 10 games this year, it will be between them and Denver for the second wild card spot.

royce1054
05-11-2005, 11:15 PM
With their defence, they're perfectly capable of shuting down New England or Philly, it's just a matter of ball controll, and keeping Plumer from throwing too many wild throws. KC and Oakland will both suck this year, last year was just the beginning of KC's fall. Not even Moss will resurect Oakland, they will most likely have 2 rookies starting at CB with Woodson making a full time conversion to safety by the end of the season, Collins is washed up. If Houston wins 10 games this year, it will be between them and Denver for the second wild card spot.

I dont think Denver's D will be able to shut down new england or Philly. I doubt either team will have the the season they had last year but i dont think Denver can beat them. I think they will pull off 1 from the Raiders, they will beat Miami, but they cant be the better teams I.E. NE, Philly, SD, KC. KC has improved so much i think they will win the west. They might be able to pull off wins against teams like Buffalo, or NYG.

TheTim5125
05-12-2005, 08:15 AM
I honestly think the Saints or Redskins will have the first pick in next years draft... it should be a good year. Alot of teams are evenmy balanced

Cincinnatikid
05-12-2005, 12:43 PM
If anyone thinks NO will pick a qb first round you are crazy. They just got Adrian McPherson, who athletically is a freak, the next Vick but with a better passing game. Anyone who runs a 4.5 40 and can throw a 70 yard pass flat footed will get a chance. He will over take vicks cousin soon for the saints and he will open some eyes. This depends however on his ability to stay out of court. If he did that at FSU he would ahve been an early first round pick for sure.

Vambo, the Marble Eye
05-12-2005, 01:42 PM
They drafted "Big Mac" because Brooks is practically retarded... ask any defensive back that has to watch film on the Saints.

There is NO way the Saints are going to get a quarter back... hell I doubt they will even be IN New Orleans if Benson gets his way.

:pigfly:

Algebrat
05-12-2005, 02:38 PM
Some of the teams I feel will do worst next season (San Fran for one) don't really need QBs or just drafted one. The following teams are the most likely to draft a QB early in next years draft:

Tennessee
Miami
Oakland
Tampa Bay
Detroit
Denver
Arizona
Dallas

Based on potential (or the lack there of), I'd guess Tennessee, Oakland or Miami have the best chance in the Leinert draft. Just for the ongoing argument, I don't think Denver will be bottom five (probably bottom ten), but I think Denver would take Leinert in a heart-beat if given the chance.

royce1054
05-12-2005, 03:05 PM
I actually think Dallas will have a shot at a 500 record this season and might even go higher.

Detriot i think has a chance to challenge Minnesota for the North crown

Algebrat
05-12-2005, 03:19 PM
I actually think Dallas will have a shot at a 500 record this season and might even go higher.

Detriot i think has a chance to challenge Minnesota for the North crown

Dallas and Detroit are on the list simply because of questions at the QB position. Dallas has an old man and an unproven, Detroit's QB (harrington) can't seem to get his act together. This position, for both teams, seems shakey and could result in lower than expected records.

royce1054
05-12-2005, 03:53 PM
Dallas and Detroit are on the list simply because of questions at the QB position. Dallas has an old man and an unproven, Detroit's QB (harrington) can't seem to get his act together. This position, for both teams, seems shakey and could result in lower than expected records.

Yes but Harrington now has the players around him to do what he needs to get it done. If he doesnt by week 2 or 3 we will see Garcia.

Dallas does have a question at QB but i still think his supporting cast will be good. Their defense will keep them in games and i think they will win a bunch of games by 1-5 points. I dont think they will pick in the top 10

Texas_Thrill
05-12-2005, 06:35 PM
Who is in the Saints Division?

Didn't they just give Brooks a nice fat contract? (Not that means a thing in the NFL).

The Redskins won't pick first on Defense alone. Their offense will be so bad though it could warrant them the 1st 2nd and 3rd pick. But we all know a great D bails out a Bad O. Just ask the Ravens when they won the championship.

As far as the Saints they are a interesting choice I'll give you that. I was certainly startled to see them pick Brown and Big Mac. That's another franchise in turmoil.

royce1054
05-12-2005, 07:06 PM
Saints are with
Atlanta
Carolina
Tampa

beerlover
05-13-2005, 04:32 AM
nobody has even come close to making a good case for the Dophins to not be in the running in the Leinhart sweepstakes. I mean look @ their QB depth chart after A.J. Feeley (who was a reserve in College behind Joey Harrington) they have Gus Ram a concrete wall with your head after scoring a touchdown Frerotte & the well known Sage Rosenfels. c'mon guys this has got to be the worst assortment of cast offs since Gilligans Island.

and whos gonna block and make the holes for their #1 pick Ronnie Brown (#2 overall pick and back-up RB @ Auburn to Carnell Williams)? which WR is stepping out from this group- Chris Chambers, Bryan Gilmore, Wesley Walker, Kendall Newson, Derrius Thompson, Marty Booker & Maurice Mann? maybe I'm not a fish fan or Sabin follower but I simply cannot see it happening for this team in 05 :goodnight

just adding the link for NFL Countdown's draft review-

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/review/teams/miamidolphins.html

Cincinnatikid
05-13-2005, 07:59 AM
nobody has even come close to making a good case for the Dophins to not be in the running in the Leinhart sweepstakes. I mean look @ their QB depth chart after A.J. Feeley (who was a reserve in College behind Joey Harrington) they have Gus Ram a concrete wall with your head after scoring a touchdown Frerotte & the well known Sage Rosenfels. c'mon guys this has got to be the worst assortment of cast offs since Gilligans Island.

and whos gonna block and make the holes for their #1 pick Ronnie Brown (#2 overall pick and back-up RB @ Auburn to Carnell Williams)? which WR is stepping out from this group- Chris Chambers, Bryan Gilmore, Wesley Walker, Kendall Newson, Derrius Thompson, Marty Booker & Maurice Mann? maybe I'm not a fish fan or Sabin follower but I simply cannot see it happening for this team in 05 :goodnight

no matter how bad they are, chambers is a very good receiver, however the question is if he can get the ball

cadahnic
05-13-2005, 08:49 AM
I take the Dolphins finishing at the number 1 spot. With the browns, niners, and chicago closing on their heels.

royce1054
05-13-2005, 10:35 AM
Yeah chicago does have a tuff schedule. The NFL North is an improved division. This year Minnesota and Detriot should fight for the division crown. My question is will it be harrington or Garcia. Harrington finally has the supporting cast that he needs... we will know this year if he is an NFL QB or not. GB has fallen. I expect them t have a losing record this year. then there is chicago. with no O-line to block for Benson or to open a throwing lane to throw the ball to 1 of the WR's. Chicago prob will be a top 4-7 pick. somewhere in that range.

Texas_Thrill
05-13-2005, 07:29 PM
I think a strong case can be made for the phins really.

I think it will really depend on what feely can do honestly. He has a good RB....and who cares if he was the back-up at Auburn. He played a significant role in their O and was the primary RB at the goal line. Doesn't matter who starts but who FINISHES.

With the trade of Surtain you have to wonder who else is back there in the DB other than madison?

LB's well we got one of them, zach has been nicked up lately and is aging.

DL...........They showed promise against NE but of course I tend to think NE was just having a really off game more than MIA just being on the upward.

royce1054
05-13-2005, 09:56 PM
Another thing is i am not intirely sure Linehart will go #1. If SF or Cleveland, or even chicago mostly likely pick first i dont think Linehart will be the pick. Obcourse we all know why SF (Smith). Cleveland drafted a QB in the 3rd plus they have Dilfer a very capable QB. Chicago they have good QB's they just need a line to protect them.

If Miami, Denver or Tennessee picks 1st i think they will go Linehart. I think Plummer is just about done maybe a year to stay there to help teach Linehart. Miami obcourse i dont think Feely can work with the Line down in Miami. Tennessee McNair is about to retire and Volek isnt the answer.

Texas_Thrill
05-14-2005, 05:16 PM
I think if you have a team like SF, CLE, or CHI picks #1 I'd have to believe the young man out of UVA that is the LT ....Not sure his name though would have to garner strong consideration as the #1 pick for one of these teams.

Anyone know how to set up a poll? We can take a vote.

Denver
SF
Cle
Chi
Tenn
Mia
Other

outofhnd
05-19-2005, 12:45 AM
Tennesee gets Leinhart Volek isnt the longterm answer to the team otherwise Hed be challenging McNair.

If not Tennesee
Ravens
Cardinals
Rams
Seahawks

royce1054
05-19-2005, 06:51 AM
I think if you have a team like SF, CLE, or CHI picks #1 I'd have to believe the young man out of UVA that is the LT ....Not sure his name though would have to garner strong consideration as the #1 pick for one of these teams.

Anyone know how to set up a poll? We can take a vote.

Denver
SF
Cle
Chi
Tenn
Mia
Other

Thats a tuff vote. Esp bc Cle, Chi, Denver, & Mia all have tuf schedules
SF and Tenn just arent good.

Huge
05-19-2005, 08:50 AM

just adding the link for NFL Countdown's draft review-

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/review/teams/miamidolphins.html

They will have a good defense...like they always do.

Chambers is not a great #1, but he's a solid #2 on any team in the NFL. With Thompson and Booker, they have a better than average trio.

Feeley is not the long term answer but that's not what they need right now. He'll do well enough to ensure they don't finish with the worst record in football.

Their starting OL could look something like this:

LT - Tony Pape
LG - Wade Smith
C - Seth McKinney
RG - Vernon Carey
RT - Stocker McDougle

That's not bad for now. A few years down the road and it's going to be really good.

With an improved running game (it's gotta be better than last year) and with their defense cointinuing to play well, that's not a guarantee for success but it's certainly an improvement.

beerlover
05-19-2005, 12:13 PM
They will have a good defense...like they always do.

Chambers is not a great #1, but he's a solid #2 on any team in the NFL. With Thompson and Booker, they have a better than average trio.

Feeley is not the long term answer but that's not what they need right now. He'll do well enough to ensure they don't finish with the worst record in football.

Their starting OL could look something like this:

LT - Tony Pape
LG - Wade Smith
C - Seth McKinney
RG - Vernon Carey
RT - Stocker McDougle

That's not bad for now. A few years down the road and it's going to be really good.

With an improved running game (it's gotta be better than last year) and with their defense cointinuing to play well, that's not a guarantee for success but it's certainly an improvement.

if the running game isn't improved then what? Feeley will continue to be average. Pape has struggled to get game time last year & now he is the starting LT? they have as much to prove & are more inexperienced than the Texans offensive line. looking at their schedule all the weaker teams they face are away, while mostly strong teams visit which is a recipe for a losing record.

home- Broncos, Panthers, Chiefs, Falcons, Patriots, Bills, Jets, Titans. of those teams if things go right would be a meager two wins (Chiefs & Titans) until proven otherwise.

away- Jets, Bills, Bucs, Saints, Browns, Raiders, Chargers, Patriots. maybe they catch Cleveland or the Raiders over confident, but to expect another late season don't give a darn effort from the Patriots well I just don't see it. Who knows if a 3-13 record will be the worst in the NFL but its close :cool:

royce1054
05-19-2005, 02:37 PM
home- Broncos, Panthers, Chiefs, Falcons, Patriots, Bills, Jets, Titans. of those teams if things go right would be a meager two wins (Chiefs & Titans) until proven otherwise.

away- Jets, Bills, Bucs, Saints, Browns, Raiders, Chargers, Patriots. maybe they catch Cleveland or the Raiders over confident, but to expect another late season don't give a darn effort from the Patriots well I just don't see it. Who knows if a 3-13 record will be the worst in the NFL but its close :cool:

on your home teams i think if you put the Broncos, Titans would be their 2 wins Carolina and Buffalo would be next easiest. KC, ATL, NE, NYJ they def wont beat

Away--- CLE are the only team i think they run away with the game. TB, NO, BUF are the next 3 that they might be able to squeak 1 out. I dont think they can beat Oak, SD, NYJ, NE.

so thats 8 losses in my book for sure... and only 3 wins.... so they have 5 games that can go either way in my book

Huge
05-20-2005, 12:36 PM
if the running game isn't improved then what? Feeley will continue to be average. Pape has struggled to get game time last year & now he is the starting LT? they have as much to prove & are more inexperienced than the Texans offensive line. looking at their schedule all the weaker teams they face are away, while mostly strong teams visit which is a recipe for a losing record.

Pape "could" (see above) be the starting LT. If he's not, then last year's starter (McIntosh) will be.

And if the running game is improved (as I think it should be), then a load will be taken off Feeley's shoulders. And even teams with average QBs and great defenses can finish with a .500 record.

And with the San Diego going from 4-12 to 12-4 (as well as other examples of good teams going bad quickly and vice versa), who's to say what teams on their schedule will be tough and which ones won't?

Bottom line, I don't think their record from last year was a true indicator of the overall ability of the team. After the loss of Norv Turner, the sudden retirement of Ricky Williams, and David Boston's supsension/injury, I think the team was thrown into a funk that it couldn't recover from. Their running game couldn't keep their defense off the field and they began to struggle.

beerlover
05-20-2005, 03:45 PM
Pape "could" (see above) be the starting LT. If he's not, then last year's starter (McIntosh) will be.

And if the running game is improved (as I think it should be), then a load will be taken off Feeley's shoulders. And even teams with average QBs and great defenses can finish with a .500 record.

And with the San Diego going from 4-12 to 12-4 (as well as other examples of good teams going bad quickly and vice versa), who's to say what teams on their schedule will be tough and which ones won't?

Bottom line, I don't think their record from last year was a true indicator of the overall ability of the team. After the loss of Norv Turner, the sudden retirement of Ricky Williams, and David Boston's supsension/injury, I think the team was thrown into a funk that it couldn't recover from. Their running game couldn't keep their defense off the field and they began to struggle.

OK losing Norv Turner, is that such a bad thing? another former back-up QB just like Feeley, sorry but I've been tracking these guys (former Duck myself) for years :D

I heard a newswire report that the Dolphins have resigned David Boston, if true that could be a bit of good news.

Tony Pape has been allocated to the Berlin Thunder of NFL Europe. I guess that means that David Carr had better watch out when David Ragone returns as well :whistle:

Ricky Williams is reportedly very interested in returning to the Dophins per Nick Sabin.

far as the draft is concerned I disagree that they helped themselves given the latitude of their options. but with Ricky to mentor Ronnie who needs a Cadilac :party:

utahmark
05-21-2005, 09:48 PM
a better ? is who will pick last in the 2006 draft.

Texan Dave
05-21-2005, 11:53 PM

I say the Patriots again. It's time for the 2 and out thing to come to an end.

royce1054
05-22-2005, 08:18 AM

AFC Champ game KC @ Pitt = Pitt
NFL Champ game ATL @ Philly= ATL

ATL vs Pitts super bowl
I go with ATL

TexanFan881
05-22-2005, 02:47 PM
I think the Chiefs will pick last because there team is greatly improved, last will be the Titans.

wags
05-22-2005, 04:40 PM
What team picks last? The Colts. There, I said it. Now let the beating commence. :dangit:

beerlover
05-22-2005, 08:12 PM
What team picks last? The Colts. There, I said it. Now let the beating commence. :dangit:

:club: :shower: :goodnight

LBC_Justin
05-23-2005, 01:44 PM
the cowboys will get the first pick after a 3-13 season.

TheOgre
05-23-2005, 05:18 PM
ATL vs Pitts super bowl

Will it end in a tie like their game in 2002? J.K.

DRIFTAWAY
05-23-2005, 09:50 PM
Cleveland Browns will get the first pick. I can't see the dolphins being as bad as they were last year, and I was thinking that maybe Ricky Williams comes back and San Fran trades for him. I still don't see Cleveland as a vastly improved team with Dilfer at QB i believe?

Texas_Thrill
05-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Can't see Dallas picking #1 just off their Defense. They will be definitely bouncing back after a good draft.

As far as CLE they are a toss-up. If Romeo rights the D then they won't be. Dilfer won't win you any games but he's not going to lose you any either. I can't think of anyone on their offense so that will be a major problem for them. Edwards is a rookie WR so he will struggle most likely.

royce1054
05-24-2005, 02:22 PM
i personally think the top 5 picks will be
1. Cleveland
2. Tennessee
3. Miami
4. SF
5. Chicago or maybe Denver -- dever has to prove to me they are better than that this year before i even think of moving them out of my top 10

Texas_Thrill
05-27-2005, 06:34 PM
I dont think Denver has shown any consistency. They've gotten MUCH older. I think they are a serious contender for the #1.

WWJD
05-27-2005, 09:14 PM
I think it will be the Niners again. I do admit though that I am not familiar with their offseason additions, etc.

Texas_Thrill
06-06-2005, 08:50 PM
Maybe b/c outside of the coach they didn't make any.

DRIFTAWAY
06-06-2005, 10:41 PM
Ok please don't hammer me for this but lets say Texans get #1 overall ( Not saying it will happen or want it too but lets just assume) would yall take Leinart even though we have Carr? Or would you take like Reggie Bush or something?

texasguy346
06-06-2005, 10:58 PM
If given the option I'd trade it.

TexansTrueFan
06-07-2005, 12:05 AM
Green Bay picks last in the draft (SB Champs) HMMM I DUNNO WHY......

And St Louis picks #1 overall. Strange predictions huh.

outofhnd
06-07-2005, 03:49 AM
I think Its 1 of 4 teams

Giants - No real additions other than Plaxico.
Redskins - Dan Snyder again shows us what not to do.
Titans - Nfl Europe Team
Browns - has not replenished all the losses on D.

beerlover
06-07-2005, 04:23 AM
I think Its 1 of 4 teams

Giants - No real additions other than Plaxico.
Redskins - Dan Snyder again shows us what not to do.
Titans - Nfl Europe Team
Browns - has not replenished all the losses on D.

what no fins or 49ers :confused:

no way the Giants. Manning is the real deal & in the long run worth the high price they had to pay in order to move up in last years draft to get him. they also added more defense through the draft in Corey Webster CB, Justin Tuck DE who may both end up starting & having an impact on a defense that was already improving.

Redskins still have a good defense but with Taylor questionable and the offense still anemic you may have a ringer. The Titans are in transition but have done an excellent job re-tooling with some great young talent. I'm going to have to flip a coin on that one :goodbad: the Browns seem from a media standpoint to be in the dumps but after watching them come into Relient last year and close out the Texans the way they did they should be out of the bottom 5 :embarrass

cadahnic
06-07-2005, 08:05 AM
I have to go with the Phins getting the first pick, they just have not done nearly enough on offense or defense to improve. So it looks like this
1. Phins
2. Niners
3. Browns
4. Tampa

Texas_Thrill
06-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Does anyone know when the last time a team picked #1 in consecutive years?

There is no way the Phins pick one. That defense is too good to let them be that bad again. The D wins them at least 3-4 games. And with a REAL RB they will be back to where they were before. Middle of the road.

I think we are underestimating the Browns. They have a QB who wont win OR lose any games. They got rid a lot of JUNK on D. They have a young WR. A not so bad RB. I think a lot is going to depend on how well they adapt to Romeo's D.

I still think the Titans are on a crash ride downward. St. Louis isn't as ODD a pick as you might think if you look at the turmoil that team is in though talent alone will not allow them to be picking #1.

Redskins D is good for about 6 wins even with that horrible O.

If the Texans were to pick #1 next year which I can't see at all happening unless our Defense falls apart on itself. I'd trade it. Next year's draft looks like it has depth at all the positions we need help on primarily OL and unless one of those LT's sets themself apart from the rest trade down.

Huge
06-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Cleveland Browns had the top pick in consecutive years (Tim Couch & Courtney Brown).

lucky13
06-07-2005, 08:59 PM
oakland is wretched and cleveland is jinxed- i'll say oakland.

i also have oakland to try to announce they are moving back to LA next year.

Mr Shush
06-09-2005, 03:21 PM
Wouldn't be surprised to see the Niners there again. I think Crennel will keep the Browns out of it, as will decent QB play the Titans. Not that either won't be bad, but they won't be picking first. And guys, seriously, if Denver are picking first it's with Washington's pick not their own. Why should they fall away so badly from last season? Ok, so their division's toughened up a bit, but Bell is a better RB than Droughns, their o-line is still intact and they have a solid D. What gives?

Texas_Thrill
08-18-2005, 12:54 AM
Well now my current vote is for Denver or Washington. Washington's offense just doesn't seem to exist. Defensively Aarington is still out. I know they have good corners I just can't name them. Denver is well they are Denver and right now ........they could use a :challenge

beerlover
08-18-2005, 01:19 AM
Chicago looks :eek: Grossman out & Benson the lone 1st round pick still unsigned.

Huge
09-29-2005, 10:21 AM
Anybody want to change their selection?

Huge
09-29-2005, 10:31 AM
Here are the leading contenders so far (in no particular order):

Houston (0-2)
Green Bay (0-3)
Arizona (0-3)
Oakland (0-3)
Baltimore (0-2)

Those not in contention:

Miami (Told you, beerlover ;) ).

beerlover
09-29-2005, 11:48 AM
Here are the leading contenders so far (in no particular order):

Houston (0-2)
Green Bay (0-3)
Arizona (0-3)
Oakland (0-3)
Baltimore (0-2)

Those not in contention:

Miami (Told you, beerlover ;) ).

I'm not too proud to say the fish have really surprised me, but even though their records don't reflect it I like the direction of the 49ers and Browns more for the future-Huge. last time I checked the Dolphins still have to play 13 more games including twice Buffalo Bills & New England Patriots plus a couple pretty good teams the Tampa Bay Buccaneers & Atlanta Falcons

As a matter of fact how about a freindly wager on Nov. 20 when the Dolphins visit Cleveland :cool:

Whocanstop85?
09-29-2005, 01:05 PM
You guys need to wake up. The Texans will have the first pick in next years draft which is a good thing, because you all have a lot of holes to fill.

starting QB
2nd and 3rd WR
an O-Line
a D-Line
a few Linebackers
a kicker

Huge
09-29-2005, 01:06 PM
[Napoleon Dynamite] Heck yes! [/Napoleon Dynamite]

Non-winner (there are no "losers" here :) ) buys the drinks for the other at the first tailgating meeting? :party:

Huge
09-29-2005, 01:08 PM
You guys need to wake up. The Texans will have the first pick in next years draft which is a good thing, because you all have a lot of holes to fill.

starting QB
2nd and 3rd WR
an O-Line
a D-Line
a few Linebackers
a kicker
If anybody else is out there, pay attention to this guy. As a Bengals fan, I'm sure he has more experiencing drafting first overall than any of us combined.

TheOgre
09-29-2005, 01:14 PM
I think the Dolphins win 7 games myself. They have the defense. They added the RB that they were lacking last year. I think Feeley won't be that bad with an actual rushing attack. They have solid receiving targets in Chambers, Booker, and McMichael. Their O-line is still a liability but I think Saban brought in a couple of guys to help.

I agree with Huge. I said this back on May 11th.

Exascor
09-29-2005, 01:16 PM
If anybody else is out there, pay attention to this guy. Define "pay attention". I read it, clicked on the [Remove Post From Memory] button in my brain and surfed to the other sections of the forum. Does that count?

Whocanstop85?
09-29-2005, 01:24 PM
If anybody else is out there, pay attention to this guy. As a Bengals fan, I'm sure he has more experiencing drafting first overall than any of us combined.

Bengals - in league for over 30 years

Texans - in league for 3 (4?) years

So of course we have been able to draft 1st overall more then the Texans, because we have been in the league a lot longer.

beerlover
09-29-2005, 01:26 PM

So of course we have been able to draft 1st overall more then the Texans, because we have been in the league a lot longer.

guess he got ya there Huge :rolleyes:

Huge
09-29-2005, 01:28 PM

I'm the resident Cowboys fan (it's cool if you didn't know that...how could you?). So when I say "combined"...

Whocanstop85?
09-29-2005, 01:35 PM
I'm the resident Cowboys fan (it's cool if you didn't know that...how could you?). So when I say "combined"...

The Bengals have only drafted 1st overall 3 times (94,95,03) which isn't alot considering we've been in the league since 1968.

Davis37
09-29-2005, 03:08 PM
The Bengals have only drafted 1st overall 3 times (94,95,03) which isn't alot considering we've been in the league since 1968.

but have many times have you had a top 10 pick? :tv:

Texas_Thrill
10-06-2005, 10:38 PM
So washington has lucked up and won 3 games....though still wont make the playoffs they wont have the #1 pick either now. Denver aint looking all that bad suprisingly.

I must admit I just see it very hard for Houston not to have the#1 pick next year. I see us trading out for the leinhart sweepstakes and then drafting the top OL and hopefully picking up an extra 2nd or 3rd.

TheOgre
10-07-2005, 07:25 AM
I hate to disappoint you, but I think the Texans are going to do just enough the rest of this season to hurt their drafting position. Before it is all said and done, I think we win 5-6 games.

royce1054
10-08-2005, 09:05 PM
I hate to disappoint you, but I think the Texans are going to do just enough the rest of this season to hurt their drafting position. Before it is all said and done, I think we win 5-6 games.

i think 5 is tops... i think 4 is more realistic. Unless something drastically happens soon

beerlover
10-08-2005, 10:07 PM
i think 5 is tops... i think 4 is more realistic. Unless something drastically happens soon

I'm standing by 8 wins and the 18th overall pick in the 2006. the last thing I wish for is the Texans to fail just so we can get a better draft slot, and I'd love to get one of the elite talents to come to Houston. I know this season has not gone according to plan but it is far from over.

this will also avoid the frustration concerning drafting in regards to expectations, if we focus on the 15-20 window instead of a top 5 pick we not only understand more of the players and talent out there we could be pleasently surprised in an otherwise unpleasent season.

there should be a couple really good tackles left including the one I still like the best at this point in the season, Andrew Whitworth LSU this guy would start at left tackle for the Texans as a rookie, he's talented, experienced, with a clean bill of health, excellent character & is a hard worker :texans:

GBN-
Of course, there are still months to go before the final order for the 2006 is set, however, several of today’s games will have an impact on how things do ultimately shake out at the top of next April’s draft board. For starters, both of the still winless teams have winnable games later today. Green Bay at 0-4, for example, is at home to New Orleans, while THE 0-3 TEXANS ARE at home to Tennessee, which had the 6th pick at the 2005 draft. Meanwhile, Chicago, which had the 4th pick last April, will be at Cleveland, which selected 3rd; both teams are currently 1-2 meaning the winner will have two wins already. Elsewhere, Miami which picked 2nd overall last April, but is 2-1 to date, will be at Buffalo which is struggling at 1-3. Indeed, the Bills are expected to start veteran journeyman Kelly Holcomb at QB ahead of 2004 first rounder J.P. Losman. Two other 1-3 teams – Oakland and Minnesota – have byes today, while three other 1-3 clubs – San Francisco, the Jets and Arizona – are at home but in tough. The 49ers, for example, will start QB Alex Smith, the #1 pick overall this year when they host Indianapolis, but will have to defend Peyton Manning with a decimated secondary, while Arizona hosts Carolina and the Jets will be home to unbeaten Tampa Bay.

beerlover
10-10-2005, 05:01 AM
shows what I know, the Texans not only embarrassed themselves they've managed to embarrass the fans :embarrass

this is like a bad dream, what the hell happened to the Texans? I've been refusing to believe they are this bad like a good :homer: but the evidence is overwhelming, the Texans now have the 1st overall pick in the 2006 draft if the draft where tomorrow...is this the 5 year plan?

rittenhouserobz
10-11-2005, 08:07 PM

Sun 10/16 at Seattle 8:30 pm
Sun 10/23 Indianapolis 1:00 pm
Sun 10/30 Cleveland 1:00 pm
Sun 11/6 at Jacksonville 1:00 pm
Sun 11/13 at Indianapolis 1:00 pm
Sun 11/20 Kansas City 8:30 pm
Sun 11/27 St. Louis 1:00 pm
Sun 12/4 at Baltimore 1:00 pm
Sun 12/11 at Tennessee 1:00 pm
Sun 12/18 Arizona 1:00 pm
Sat 12/24 Jacksonville 1:00 pm
Sun 1/1 at San Francisco 4:05 pm

Please point out the ones that you think we will win. I see two as of right now. If the OL actually protects then I can change my mind. I pick Cleveland and SF as possible wins, but who knows. Alex Smith might have settled in by Jan so maybe we will just beat Cleveland. Again just show which ones you think are close matchups.

BigBull17
10-13-2005, 10:22 AM
The Browns have Romeo so dont count them out. However we play Baltimore this year and they look down on their luck so maybe....

Texas_Thrill
10-15-2005, 09:19 AM
I mean I look back at this post thread and NONE of us ever believed we would be in contention for this pick.

I think if we lose sunday we pretty much locked up the #1 pick. If we win we still have a chance of not having it.

My issue that nobody is playing as bad as we are overall. Our offense looks horrible and our defense is ranked very close to last. Haven't heard a thing about ST. Every dog has its day (except for the 76 bucs.) So I believe we gotta win something.

Looking at the schedule though I think Seattle b/c they are so incosistent, SF and CLE are our best chances. CLE and SEA are maybes and we should beat the noners but whoooo knows. :brickwall

Huge
01-01-2006, 08:56 PM
I guess it's safe to say nobody came close to predicting the right answer for this thread.

swtbound07
01-01-2006, 08:59 PM
actually if you look a few posts above, rittenhouse picked us at 2-14, with one of our wins being cleveland....he replaces san francisco with arizona and he is a prophet

Huge
01-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Posted on October 11th. How many games into the season was that?

swtbound07
01-01-2006, 09:05 PM
i believe we were 0-3 at the time

Texas_Thrill
01-02-2006, 03:52 PM
And my crazy tail picked Carolina and the Broncos. WOW. I had us really going far this year. Just craaaaazy.

HJam72
01-02-2006, 06:09 PM
On October 11th, we were 0-4 and had just lost to Tennessee at home. That's when a lot of us knew that this season was a total bust.