PDA

View Full Version : Alex Smith

Oz Texan
03-18-2012, 09:27 PM
Personally I think Alex Smith can be a good to great QB in this league. I know alot of you might think differently. It seems the thoughts on Alex Smith are that he is pretty much an overall bust. Think on this though....No other QB in the history of the league( no confirmation but im pretty sure ) has had to go thru a new OC and system every single year he has been in the league. thats 7 years 7 different systems. No one not even the great Payton Manning or Joe Montana would do well in those circumstances. If SF does sign Payton or the deal with Miami goes thru thats 8 for 8. I feel sorry for this kid I personally feel he will be a good QB if he could ever get comfortable with a system and have some continuity.

Just my thoughts.

Dutchrudder
03-18-2012, 09:54 PM
He's not useless, he's just not great. He's a slightly above average QB that was taken #1 overall. He didn't live up to expectations, so in that sense he's a bust. Had he been drafted in the 3nd round, he would probably be OK, but then again the team wouldn't have stuck with him because the money wouldn't have dictated the situation.

StarStruck
03-20-2012, 09:54 PM
I was rooting for the 49ers to win the Superbowl. One reason is that I like the 49ers, and the second it would have driven up the value of my autographed authentic Alex Smith jersey. Well, maybe someday it's still possible.

Rey
03-20-2012, 10:46 PM
I heard a rumor the other day on the radio that the Texans were interested in Alex Smith...

I think he'd be a good QB in this offense...He'd be pretty dangerous on those roll outs...

The radio guys dismissed it, and I did too...

But when I think about it, it makes some sense....If Schaub can't play you really only have Yates to fall back on...Probably not going to get a top tier QB in the draft...No other QB's out there that are really that great...

Smith played well in the play-offs and I think he's probably a bit better than Yates.

I think this system is more QB friendly than a lot of other ones in the sense that it sets up some very make-able throws for the QB...

Vinny
03-20-2012, 11:56 PM
he's not very accurate. Nice guy though.

Texan4Ever
03-21-2012, 12:02 AM
I was surprised that he could actually run so yes, he would be dangerous as a roll-out QB. Plus, I think he's improved his accuracy and some of the throws I've seen him make to Vernon Davis (TE) were simply amazing. Really interested to see what he does this upcoming season!

Vinny
03-21-2012, 12:04 AM
I was surprised that he could actually run so yes, he would be dangerous as a roll-out QB. Plus, I think he's improved his accuracy and some of the throws I've seen him make to Vernon Davis (TE) were simply amazing. Really interested to see what he does this upcoming season!
why were you surprised? That was his strong point coming out of college.

Texan4Ever
03-21-2012, 09:51 AM
why were you surprised? That was his strong point coming out of college.

Probably because the few games I've watched of him in the past he either got sacked or got frustrated and forced a throw which resulted in an INT.