PDA

View Full Version : Hard Knocks

Kimmy
03-13-2012, 12:05 AM
I know the Texans were really wanting to be on it 2 years back (Jets), and last years show was cancelled due to the lock out.

This year would be a perfect time for Hard Knocks in Houston. Bring it HBO!

bckey
03-13-2012, 12:12 AM
I kind of just want the Texans to be focused on making it further in the playoffs. It kind of seems like a big distraction having all your business on tv.

Big Lou
03-13-2012, 12:15 AM
I know the Texans were really wanting to be on it 2 years back (Jets), and last years show was cancelled due to the lock out.

This year would be a perfect time for Hard Knocks in Houston. Bring it HBO!

I thought the Texas were the first pick but they declined....

Lucky
03-13-2012, 12:25 AM
I thought the Texas were the first pick but they declined....
They declined in a previous year. McNair wanted it in 2010.

Whoever signs Manning will get the 1st shot at Hard Knocks. If he goes with the Broncos, it could be HBO's highest rated show ever.

Wolf6151
03-13-2012, 12:28 AM
Our guys don't need the distractions or headaches.

Big Lou
03-13-2012, 12:29 AM
They declined in a previous year. McNair wanted it in 2010.

Whoever signs Manning will get the 1st shot at Hard Knocks. If he goes with the Broncos, it could be HBO's highest rated show ever.

Ah, thanks for the info Lucky, I stand corrected Kimmy!!!!

I'm surprised they would ever have been interested, as secretive as the are.

Bulls on Parade
03-13-2012, 12:54 AM
I kind of just want the Texans to be focused on making it further in the playoffs. It kind of seems like a big distraction having all your business on tv.
Re-signing Mario Williams will go a long way towards that.

welsh texan
03-13-2012, 11:13 AM
With the Texans' emergence into 'relevance', I think the exposure will come with time anyway. I'd love to have a chance to see more about my favorite team, but I don't really see why the Texans would be desperate to get them.

Houston is a huge market and they seem to have the backing of the city, while the other Texas team up the road has shown how big Houston will become on the national radar if they just manage to gain some sustained success.

If I was Bob McNair, I'd be wanting focus through the pre-season and allow interest in the team to grow by winning, not by inviting in distractions.