PDA

View Full Version : Jerome Solomon reporting Demeco and Jacoby are supposedly being cut tomorrow

NastyNate
03-12-2012, 10:24 PM
Please disregard this thread, got some bad info from Solomon. You can all form a line to kick me in the nalgas if you like.

DX-TEX
03-12-2012, 10:25 PM
Linkage?

Texn4life
03-12-2012, 10:26 PM
As per Jerome Solomon, he's supposedly been texting several Texans players who are "pissed". The Texans will reportedly cut DeMeco Ryans and Jacoby Jones tomorrow.

The players need to get over it. As a team you have to make tough decisions and I'm glad the Texans are doing that. Tom Brady was upset when the Patriots let go of Lawyer Malloy and Richard Seymour. He got over it..... The players that are upset now will too. Its a business and the Texans made these guys millionaires.

Kimmy
03-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Yay for JJ
Boo for Ryans. Dude's a true leader of this team. Polar opposite of "Pay me Rick"

GuerillaBlack
03-12-2012, 10:29 PM
I do not want to see Meco go, but maybe cutting him also is what gets Mario and Manning signed here. Jacoby should have been cut a long time ago.

NastyNate
03-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Linkage?

I'm trying to find it. My buddy who is always about a day ahead of me with Texans news just texted me. He's never given me bad info.

drunkcookie
03-12-2012, 10:30 PM
Did not want to see Demeco go, he seems like the leader on that d...

DonnyMost
If the players are pissed, they have no one to blame but themselves. It's a salary cap league. If you want your buddies to stay, take a pay cut. There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Demeco simply had to go, it was terrible timing to sign his new deal... virtually set him up to be cut no matter what after that injury.

And Jacoby, well, let's just say I have a bottle of Divine Reserve 9 ready to go.

Playoffs
If Winston had to go, Demeco does as well.

It's gonna kill the locker room, though.

Doppelganger
03-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Where is all the money going. Surely this is not just to extend brown, Cush, and barwin next year. Right?

Dutchrudder
03-12-2012, 10:31 PM
If we are doing all of this just to re-sign Mario I'm gonna be pissed.

Doppelganger
03-12-2012, 10:32 PM

Maybe. What if they resign meco to a cheaper contract?

DX-TEX
03-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Where is all the money going. Surely this is not just to extend brown, Cush, and barwin next year. Right?

Salary cap goes up next year. Why cut all this now?

Its either for Mario or Manning + Wayne?:texflag:

TexCanada
03-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Well I sure hope we have a plan in place here...

RTP2110
03-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Hate to see Demeco go. Dude has so much heart, and looked like he was just getting back up to speed. I wonder if there's some injury concern on the team's behalf.

bckey
03-12-2012, 10:36 PM
I hope it isn't true a Demeco. The guy is the heart of this defense. What also sucks is getting all the way to the point of the playoffs and then getting cut. Thank you for your services but no thanks. I don't like it. He is one of the reasons the Texans even got to the playoffs. The Texans could be cutting their own throat if they start cutting out the "vital organs" on this team. I'm gonna wait and see on all this and hope for the best.

chicagotexan2

Me too. Mario and his injuries are a relationship I want to move on from. We need to resign Myers and prepare for the impending deals with Duane brown among others.

michaelm
Why would team management tell players about the supposed cuts tonight, but not make the moves until tomorrow?

FWIW, there's no mention on Solomon's twitter feed.

bckey
03-12-2012, 10:37 PM

Me too.

Texn4life
03-12-2012, 10:38 PM
The thing is that these guys surely understand that when they re-sign for the multi-million dollar deals it sets a whole new level of expectations. With Demeco being hurt last year and knicked up for most of the year this past year it just made him expendable for the amount he was being paid. I certainly hope there's a way where he can test the market and then re-sign with us, but if he leaves then I certainly wish him the best as well.

Jacoby on the other hand....... Ummmmmm Let's just say I'll always remember his punt return TD's.

Dutchrudder
03-12-2012, 10:39 PM
Why would team management tell players about the supposed cuts tonight, but not make the moves until tomorrow?

FWIW, there's no mention on Solomon's twitter feed.

The NFL office is only open during business hours. I believe it's 8-5 EST. You can't submit transactions in the middle of the night.

SW H-TOWN
Oh snap, if this goes down Smith all bets are off... To tell you the truth I have thought that it would not be hard to find a 2 down thumper to play next to Cush. However, I never thought that Rick would get so damn Gangsta and cut Ryans because of his intangibles. Let's see what happens, link please?

Naiirb
I heard Lance Zierlein say on 790 the Texans would only save around 900k if they cut DeMeco because of his guaranteed amount and it's still early on his deal. Maybe they ask him to take a pay cut but hard to believe they would cut him to save less than a million. =/

michaelm
This rumor may or may not be true, but the thread title is misleading. It should read something to the effect that the OP heard a rumor from a friend.
Solomon isn't reporting anything about this story as far as i can find.

Kthx
03-12-2012, 10:40 PM
If this is true, would anyone like to try this new coca cola I just created?

Playoffs
03-12-2012, 10:41 PM
If we are doing all of this just to re-sign Mario I'm gonna be pissed.No, Mario is long gone.

Cap killing us this year, which should be the last. But tonight it's a bloodbath.

NastyNate
03-12-2012, 10:41 PM
This rumor may or may not be true, but the thread title is misleading. It should read something to the effect that the OP heard a rumor from a friend.
Solomon isn't reporting anything about this story as far as i can find.

I'm still finding a tangible source in print. You can discredit my name if this comes back to blowup in my face. I believe it to be true based on the affiliation with certain entities.

michaelm
03-12-2012, 10:42 PM
The NFL office is only open during business hours. I believe it's 8-5 EST. You can't submit transactions in the middle of the night.

Still does't answer why they would tell the players tonight, and wait until tomorrow to make the cuts.
They already announced two cuts tonight. If they have more to make, I'd think they would just make them instead of releasing news to the players.

eh, maybe I'm looking at it wrong... who knows.

TEXANS84
03-12-2012, 10:42 PM
As per Jerome Solomon, he's supposedly been texting several Texans players who are "pissed". The Texans will reportedly cut DeMeco Ryans and Jacoby Jones tomorrow.

If you're going to quote a writer, where is the link.

Otherwise this thread is dead from pure speculation.

DX-TEX
03-12-2012, 10:43 PM
I'm still finding a tangible source in print. You can discredit my name if this comes back to blowup in my face. I believe it to be true based on the affiliation with certain entities.

You a waiter at IHOP by chance?

michaelm
03-12-2012, 10:45 PM

I'm not really questioning the story, so much as how the original post makes it sound like you saw a Solomon report somewhere, when it's really just hearsay at this point, regardless of how solid the source might be.

GP
03-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Maybe it's ultimatum time for JJ and Meco?

"Sleep on your decision tonight, for tomorrow you will be cut if your agent cannot restructure to help us out..."

I can only think that maybe Winston and Leinart's agents were adamant they would not consider such a scenario...so they were cut today. JJ and Meco and their agents are wanting a night to mull it over???

Otherwise, why not make the cuts at the same time you made the Winston and Leinart cuts?

SW H-TOWN
Certain entities? Nate, could you specify that a little for me please, thanks. I would not be surprised if Ryans gets cut. He gets paid a ton and does not play on passing downs.

NastyNate
You a waiter at IHOP by chance?

That obscure with a McClain joke? I can't quote text messages in this forum. Sorry but thems the breaks kid.

And no, I make about 10x what an IHOP waiter makes.

DX-TEX
03-12-2012, 10:47 PM
That obscure with a McClain joke? I can't quote text messages in this forum. Sorry but thems the breaks kid.

Im just bustin your chops. Its all good man.:worldpeace:

EVOLVIST
03-12-2012, 10:48 PM

"Sleep on your decision tonight, for tomorrow you will be cut if your agent cannot restructure to help us out..."

I can only think that maybe Winston and Leinart's agents were adamant they would not consider such a scenario...so they were cut today. JJ and Meco and their agents are wanting a night to mull it over???

Otherwise, why not make the cuts at the same time you made the Winston and Leinart cuts?

Because that would blow Peyton Manning's cover! :lol:

DonnyMost

It's not about restructuring.

Their deals are pretty evenly balanced throughout the life of the contract. They're not front-loaded.

There is simply nowhere to push the money to, we're up against the cap the next two years, and the fat must be trimmed.

I love Demeco, but he's getting paid about twice what he's worth right now.

NastyNate
I'm not really questioning the story, so much as how the original post makes it sound like you saw a Solomon report somewhere, when it's really just hearsay at this point, regardless of how solid the source might be.

Understood. In about 11 hours it will hit twitter and then here. Until then they can change the title of this thread to "Rumor: meco and jacoby to be cut" or something along those lines.

Sorry for the confusion everyone. It will happen though.

NastyNate
03-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Im just bustin your chops. Its all good man.:worldpeace:

I don't know how to decipher intent or tone on the internet, I blame Al Gore. It's all gravy.

DX-TEX
03-12-2012, 10:50 PM
I don't know how to decipher intent or tone on the internet, I blame Al Gore. It's all gravy.

Just dont neg rep me!

drs23
03-12-2012, 10:51 PM

Surely idonno:. But my gut says you might not be.

If the reports we're hearing about 'meco & Jacoby are sound, then there's something stirring. If it's just to sign Mario, then I agree. That might be that "at all cost" clause that's been discussed.

If not, it's going to be interesting.

Hope this doesn't come across as cruel, but this is the most exciting off season to date, or is it just me?

GP
03-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Hope this doesn't come across as cruel, but this is the most exciting off season to date, or is it just me?

Mario and Manning in the same free agency class? Yeah, it's pretty intense.

It's like Christmas for me. I open one thread, but I'm tossing it aside so I can open another thread. Oooooh look over there! ANOTHER THREAD?!?!? Gimme gimme gimme!!!!! YAY!!!!! :passes out:

Kimmy
03-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Mario and Manning in the same free agency class? Yeah, it's pretty intense.

It's like Christmas for me. I open one thread, but I'm tossing it aside so I can open another thread. Oooooh look over there! ANOTHER THREAD?!?!? Gimme gimme gimme!!!!! YAY!!!!! :passes out:

My feelings exactly. I posted on Facebook that free agency is like Christmas all over again

mussop
03-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Soloman is just butt hurting now and throwing **** out hoping it sticks. Dude doesn't know jack about the Texans. Him and Warner have been crying like little beaches all night.

bckey
03-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Just dont neg rep me!

You too huh.

Ryan
03-12-2012, 10:58 PM
W...t...f.

SW H-TOWN
03-12-2012, 10:59 PM
If it only saves 900k this year (Ryans)...maybe it saves more in later years. If FO was "embarrassed" to ask Winston to take a pay cut then they would be "really embarrassed" to ask Ryans. Very interesting night to say the least. I think if they cut Ryans he would not get anywhere the same amount of cash from any other team considering his injury. If this goes down Rick needs a rap or mafia type nickname. This FO has never ever been so aggressive in terms of cutting players (starters under 30).

NastyNate
03-12-2012, 11:00 PM
You too huh.

Cut ya that deep? I think they make something for that... ya know... the constant bleeding and all.

b0ng
03-12-2012, 11:00 PM
Surely idonno:. But my gut says you might not be.

If the reports we're hearing about 'meco & Jacoby are sound, then there's something stirring. If it's just to sign Mario, then I agree. That might be that "at all cost" clause that's been discussed.

If not, it's going to be interesting.

Last year was very exciting.

The Cush
03-12-2012, 11:02 PM
I'm trying to find it. My buddy who is always about a day ahead of me with Texans news just texted me. He's never given me bad info.

Your friend probably tuned into 610 when they had Solomon on and listened in mid-conversation. Barry Warner threw out the suggestion of cutting Demeco instead of Winston and Solomon echoed the words "cut Demeco" quite a bit after that. He wasn't saying they should but ran with that scenario instead of letting go of Winston.

Kimmy
03-12-2012, 11:03 PM
Last year was very exciting.

Lat year was like that first line of coke exciting because it was so compressed due to the lockout.

We were all like junkies waiting for our fix! :)

bckey
03-12-2012, 11:04 PM
Cut ya that deep? I think they make something for that... ya know... the constant bleeding and all.

Actually its funny.

dalemurphy
03-12-2012, 11:05 PM
If it only saves 900k this year (Ryans)...maybe it saves more in later years. If FO was "embarrassed" to ask Winston to take a pay cut then they would be "really embarrassed" to ask Ryans. Very interesting night to say the least. I think if they cut Ryans he would not get anywhere the same amount of cash from any other team considering his injury. If this goes down Rick needs a rap or mafia type nickname. This FO has never ever been so aggressive in terms of cutting players (starters under 30).

Cutting Demeco would actually save $2.1 mil on the cap. And, if they called it a post June 1st cut, it would save about $4.5 million on this year's cap.

Marcus
03-12-2012, 11:09 PM
When they cut Winston, it made perfect sense that the next one to be chopped would be Demeco.

It proves that they do not pay for what a player did before, as in some kind of reward. You are paid for what you are expected to do in the future. If you get injured, and that injury diminishes those future expectations, expect to get cut.

I don't know when the NFL ever transitioned from "what have you done for me lately" to some kind of "let's reward you for what you used to be".

Way too much misplaced loyalty if you ask me. There's just no place for it in a salary-cap.

Lucky
03-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Cutting Demeco would actually save $2.1 mil on the cap. And, if they called it a post June 1st cut, it would save about $4.5 million on this year's cap.
Wouldn't they have to wait until June 1st to see the savings on the cap? What would that accomplish?

NastyNate
03-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Your friend probably tuned into 610 when they had Solomon on and listened in mid-conversation. Barry Warner threw out the suggestion of cutting Demeco instead of Winston and Solomon echoed the words "cut Demeco" quite a bit after that. He wasn't saying they should but ran with that scenario instead of letting go of Winston.

I don't believe this to be true but ya never know.

arb729
03-12-2012, 11:13 PM
When they cut Winston, it made perfect sense that the next one to be chopped would be Demeco.

It proves that they do not pay for what a player did before, as in some kind of reward. You are paid for what you are expected to do in the future. If you get injured, and that injury diminishes those future expectations, expect to get cut.

I don't know when the NFL ever transitioned from "what have you done for me lately" to some kind of "let's reward you for what you used to be".

Way too much misplaced loyalty if you ask me. There's just no place for it in a salary-cap.

If they believe that fully, wouldn't Schaub then be a candidate as well?

drunkcookie
03-12-2012, 11:14 PM

No, his performance has not diminished as of yet... Attention, pay it...

Playoffs
03-12-2012, 11:15 PM
Maybe. What if they resign meco to a cheaper contract?Could be, I dunno about the workings of that.

Marcus
03-12-2012, 11:16 PM

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Edit: But they are the ones that now the entire truth of the extent of his injury.

DonnyMost
03-12-2012, 11:19 PM

Quarterbacks don't grow on trees.

We have replacements lined up for every single player we cut so far.

Schaub? Nope...

Unless you got the scoop on Manning (but don't tell pancakes, you'll upset him)

SW H-TOWN

Someone wrote that Lance Zierlein said it would save only 900k this year so I was trying to reason as to why they would cut Ryans if it saved less than a million against the cap. I'm sure that you are know more about contracts and cap ramifications than I do. Let you guys figure that out.

Ryan
Sorry but i think your buddy gave out bad info.

Wolf6151
03-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Jacoby getting the ax, I can believe, if I were GM he never would have gotten on the plane in Baltimore. As for Demeco I'll believe it when I see it, right now this is just rumor.

SW H-TOWN
03-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Could be, I dunno about the workings of that.

I think they would. He has more value to the Texans than any other team due to his locker room presence, team captin,...ect. Guy did rupture his Achilles Tendon and if cloak and dagger (Doctor who posts here) is correct his future production numbers don't look to bright given the type of injury, statically. He is not holding a ton of "leverage".

msbbc833
03-12-2012, 11:26 PM
I assume we plan to replace Demeco, JJ, Winston thru the draft? Is it not risky to replace these guys with rookies? Here's to hoping the 2012 Texans can maintain the same level of play with what looks to be quite a few changes.

Also can someone explain how the Texans can simply cut a player? Are there any penalties? I'm assuming the NFL just has lower guaranteed thresholds (ex compared to NBA) and they can just cut players once thresholds are crossed without any penalty?

dalemurphy
03-12-2012, 11:32 PM
Wouldn't they have to wait until June 1st to see the savings on the cap? What would that accomplish?

Lucky, I'm about 95% certain they altered the rule so that teams can make those cuts early and designate them as June 1st cuts... The reason for the alteration was to avoid veterans missing the free agent market while the teams waited for June to cut them.

Mr teX
03-12-2012, 11:33 PM
I love meco but something needed to be done with his contract &if he was unwilling to restructure....see ya. as for his replacement...Sharpton should be ok...but if not we can hit the draft ......& curtis lofton is available in FA & he's better than demeco.

silentassassin
03-12-2012, 11:34 PM
Sorry but i think your buddy gave out bad info.

Yeah, I listened to podcast of Solomon on 610. It's possible it could have been misconstrued, because they do talk about the effects of cutting Demeco.

infantrycak
03-12-2012, 11:35 PM
Lucky, I'm about 95% certain they altered the rule so that teams can make those cuts early and designate them as June 1st cuts... The reason for the alteration was to avoid veterans missing the free agent market while the teams waited for June to cut them.

Each team is allowed to cut two players as June 1st cuts prior to June 1st.

dalemurphy
03-12-2012, 11:39 PM
Someone wrote that Lance Zierlein said it would save only 900k this year so I was trying to reason as to why they would cut Ryans if it saved less than a million against the cap. I'm sure that you are know more about contracts and cap ramifications than I do. Let you guys figure that out.

Salary is about $6 million and the prorated signing bonus is $1.25 for the next 4 years. Therefore, the 2012 cap hit would be $7.25. Instead, if he's cut all $5 million of the bonus comes do: $5 million cap hit instead of $7.25 mil... And, they could spread that $5 million evenly over two years, giving them a 2012 cap savings of $4.75 million.

Lucky
03-12-2012, 11:40 PM
Yeah, I listened to podcast of Solomon on 610. It's possible it could have been misconstrued, because they do talk about the effects of cutting Demeco.

Each team is allowed to cut two players as June 1st cuts prior to June 1st.
Well, $4.5 million would be quite a bit of savings. And frankly, Dobbins looked real good at the end of the season. I'd hate to lose DeMeco's leadership. But, it's the kind of tough decision every team with talent eventually has to make.

SW H-TOWN
03-12-2012, 11:44 PM
For Winston we have Butler, for JJ we have Jean or a dirt cheap UFA, but we do not have anybody to come right in for Ryans. I believe Sharpton suffered a torn quad and Dobbins is a free agent. A rookie would be really risky if he is not the ILB from BC or Alabama. For that reason and for Ryan's locker room leadership I believe that they would attempt to sign him to a lesser contract if he is cut tomorrow. He and his agent have to be cognizant of the fact that it is highly unlikely that another team is going to offer him a huge contract due to the fact that he ruptured his Achilles Tendon not too long ago. That is a MAJOR injury. Whole different level that a torn pectoral muscle. That's why I think if we cut Ryans we will try to sign him to a cheaper contract.

The Cush
03-12-2012, 11:49 PM
Soloman is just butt hurting now and throwing **** out hoping it sticks. Dude doesn't know jack about the Texans. Him and Warner have been crying like little beaches all night.

McClain to Jerome...

http://i40.tinypic.com/2im6fcj.png

steelbtexan
03-12-2012, 11:56 PM
They re-sign MW and move Reed to ILB

LOL

Mr teX
03-13-2012, 12:02 AM
They re-sign MW and move Reed to ILB

LOL

you're laughing, but it'd get all those guys on the field for every down & alot of that blitzing that cush does could be shifted to reed.

TexanBacker93
03-13-2012, 12:07 AM
I assume we plan to replace Demeco, JJ, Winston thru the draft? Is it not risky to replace these guys with rookies? Here's to hoping the 2012 Texans can maintain the same level of play with what looks to be quite a few changes.

Also can someone explain how the Texans can simply cut a player? Are there any penalties? I'm assuming the NFL just has lower guaranteed thresholds (ex compared to NBA) and they can just cut players once thresholds are crossed without any penalty?

JJ can be replaced in the draft fairly easily. I assume Sharpton will become the starter alongside Cushing and then they can draft a rookie to play in Sharpton's role. I don't know if they'd start a rookie on the line to replace Winston. Except Kalil, I don't know if there is a T in the draft that should be starting on day 1.

steelbtexan
03-13-2012, 12:08 AM
you're laughing, but it'd get all those guys on the field for every down & alot of that blitzing that cush does could be shifted to reed.

What do you think the chances are that these cuts were made to re-sign MW?

Something big appears to be up.

Corrosion

If this came from a source other than Solomon and without a link , at the very least the title is mis-leading .... Whether there is truth to the report or not , at this point its nothing more than rumor has it.

ChampionTexan

I think you're looking at Spotrac when you say that, and I'm pretty sure that it doesn't reflect the restructure DeMeco did last year in order to sign JJo and Manning. I've never seen the figures related to the restructure, but if all they did was guarantee money and lower DeMeco's 2011 cap amount, then that will raise the amount of dead money associated with cutting him now.

I'm gonna guess this is all BS coming from nowhere credible (well, at least the cutting DeMeco part - could well be true regarding Jacoby).

dalemurphy
03-13-2012, 12:10 AM

I have never been so surprised and confused as a Texan fan. That is for sure. I have no idea what is going on. But, you are right, something is up. I hope it's not just about clearing space to offer Mario a record-setting contract... Gross!

TheMatrix31
03-13-2012, 12:11 AM
JJ can get the **** out, but I'll be PISSED if DeMeco is cut.

Mr teX
03-13-2012, 12:16 AM

much to dale's chagrin, i think it's very possible all of this is being done to get MW back.

here's the deal......just like arian, all has been quiet on the MW front and all we've heard from the FO is that they want him back... we also heard the little rumor a couple days back about some contractors working on Mario's house...him saying that they're workiing on something as we speak. doesn't sound like the FO is resigned to just let him walk.... meanwhile we've has surprising cuts in winston and other rumors about other surprising cuts possibly on the way. it's extremely limited info i know, but all signs point to the texans trying to make a run at him.

It's smart imo. You gotta keep all the elite talent locked up...mario falls in that category.

Allstar
03-13-2012, 12:26 AM
Why hasn't a link surfaced yet?

Brisco_County
03-13-2012, 12:35 AM
The thread title needs to be changed. This is not being reported.

And since when has Solomon ever had a scoop? He's an opinion writer.

dalemurphy
03-13-2012, 12:35 AM
much to dale's chagrin, i think it's very possible all of this is being done to get MW back.

here's the deal......just like arian, all has been quiet on the MW front and all we've heard from the FO is that they want him back... we also heard the little rumor a couple days back about some contractors working on Mario's house...him saying that they're workiing on something as we speak. doesn't sound like the FO is resigned to just let him walk.... meanwhile we've has surprising cuts in winston and other rumors about other surprising cuts possibly on the way. it's extremely limited info i know, but all signs point to the texans trying to make a run at him.

It's smart imo. You gotta keep all the elite talent locked up...mario falls in that category.

If the Texans do cut Demeco and fail to re-sign Mario, considering Winston being cut, the 2006 draft legacy takes a major hit tomorrow.

Shaft75
03-13-2012, 01:32 AM
If the Texans do cut Demeco and fail to re-sign Mario, considering Winston being cut, the 2006 draft legacy takes a major hit tomorrow.

I was thinking the same thing. Also, if Winston and Demeco are "expendable", what about OD and his 22 mil? He would be the next chip to fall.

I guess all of that remains to be seen. We're just trying to get the cap number down for free agency, sign who we will, and I'm sure the axe will fall on others as the period expires.

bckey
03-13-2012, 01:34 AM

Yep, big time!

imatexan
03-13-2012, 02:25 AM
I will wait to see what officially happens tomorrow before I jump to conclusions.

Norg
03-13-2012, 04:02 AM
Dayum all dees starter cuts its like we are in rebuilding mode LOL

mussop
03-13-2012, 09:43 AM
Has anyone confirmed that Salomon even said any of this? If not why hasn't this thread been closed? I seriously doubt either are going anywhere.

Bulls on Parade
03-13-2012, 09:46 AM
All I heard was that Rick Smith approached DeMeco Ryans about restructuring his contract. DeMeco loves the city of Houston and would prefer not to leave even it means taking less money. So I'm not exactly sure where Jerome Solomon got this bad piece of information. Why would the Texans cut him if he's open to restructuring his contract?

NitroGSXR
03-13-2012, 09:49 AM
Has anyone confirmed that Salomon even said any of this? If not why hasn't this thread been closed? I seriously doubt either are going anywhere.

Thread is bogus. Solomon has since written an article for the Chron and it makes no mention of Jacoby nor Ryans. I agree neither are going anywhere as cutting them isn't going to be very cap-friendly. Might as well play them if they aren't traded away.

Rey
03-13-2012, 09:51 AM
This is the only thing I can find on Demeco being cut and it's not even saying he's getting cut and really it's not saying anything:

According to Arthur Arkush of ProFootballWeekly.com, the Houston Texans might ask linebacker DeMeco Ryans to take a pay cut. Ryans is still one the Texans’ team leaders and they would love to keep him around. If he’s unwilling to take a pay cut, they might have to release him since he’s only a one down player right now and is scheduled to make $5.9 million in 2012.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/texans_might_be_forced_to_cut_demeco_ryans/10224460

Texan_Bill
03-13-2012, 09:53 AM
I do not want to see Meco go, but maybe cutting him also is what gets Mario and Manning signed here. Jacoby should have been cut a long time ago.

Jacoby should've been forced to get his own ride home from Baltimore - that's how long ago he should've been cut.

Kthx
03-13-2012, 09:54 AM
Paging Op, you said 11AM right? I hope you can handle the terrible damaging effect of my negative rep if this doesn't come true, I know its terrifying.

NitroGSXR
03-13-2012, 09:58 AM
Paging Op, you said 11AM right? I hope you can handle the terrible damaging effect of my negative rep if this doesn't come true, I know its terrifying.

Lay off the negs. OP made a mistake. It happens.

Kthx
03-13-2012, 10:00 AM
He made a mistake, neg repped everyone who said they weren't sure if it was legit and asked for a link, and told everyone multiple times that he has an unnamed source and was true heh. I would say when you go all in, sometimes you lose.

NitroGSXR
03-13-2012, 10:12 AM
He made a mistake, neg repped everyone who said they weren't sure if it was legit and asked for a link, and told everyone multiple times that he has an unnamed source and was true heh. I would say when you go all in, sometimes you lose.

Hmmm. Hope that isn't true because that's just gay. He hasn't negged me for calling the thread bogus yet so whatever.

Kthx
03-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Maybe I am wrong, just a few posts in the thread that made it seem that way. #45, #48, few others around there. Perhaps its bad blood I haven't noticed because im not as active on here during the offseason! But all in all I was sorta joking anyways, think I have only neg repped one person heh.

HoustonFrog
03-13-2012, 10:19 AM

How is it smart when it was shown you can make a true run with other guys. Paying him large amounts of cash..which is what his price is going to be...at the sake of continuity on the O-line, LBS, etc makes zero sense to me. Signing the other O-linemen and adding some other FAs not named Mario makes more sense.

Dutchrudder
03-13-2012, 10:24 AM
Lay off the negs. OP made a mistake. It happens.

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr14/themishkin/GIFs/Rep/neggedv2.gif

First rule about neg rep, DO NOT TALK ABOUT NEG REP!

The1ApplePie
03-13-2012, 10:25 AM
If this is true, then it may be a good sign for the Texans. They are acting like a true pro sports team.

You don't fit the system?
Overpaid?
Haven't produced in a year or two?

Welcome to Cutsville

I hate the Pats and Giants, but they don't hold on to players for sentimental value.

ckhouston
03-13-2012, 10:25 AM

I have no clue how to even neg rep someone. To me positive rep or negative rep is just a popularity contest and has no bearing on anything.

NitroGSXR
03-13-2012, 10:36 AM
I have no clue how to even neg rep someone. To me positive rep or negative rep is just a popularity contest and has no bearing on anything.

Nope. It is a way for us to share private opinions. I rather enjoy having the feature. I don't want to create a post that says A+++ or I agree and then make everybody come click on the new posts thread just for that.

Click on the hourglass or was it a scale on the left side. That is how you leave rep.

ckhouston
03-13-2012, 10:39 AM
Nope. It is a way for us to share private opinions. I rather enjoy having the feature. I don't want to create a post that says A+++ or I agree and then make everybody come click on the new posts thread just for that.

Click on the hourglass or was it a scale on the left side. That is how you leave rep.

I positive rep'd you for teaching me how to positive rep you. :gamer:

Señor Stan
03-13-2012, 10:41 AM

Rick Smith = Cannon...Eric Winston = foot soldier.

NitroGSXR
03-13-2012, 10:46 AM
I positive rep'd you for teaching me how to positive rep you. :gamer:

You do understand that I won't posti-rep you because I don't want you in my social circle.

:spit:

ckhouston
03-13-2012, 10:48 AM
You do understand that I won't posti-rep you because I don't want you in my social circle.

:spit:

Makes perfect sense. I would think very poorly of anyone who knowingly allowed me into their social circle.:gathering:

WolverineFan
03-13-2012, 10:49 AM
If this is true, then it may be a good sign for the Texans. They are acting like a true pro sports team.

You don't fit the system?
Overpaid?
Haven't produced in a year or two?

Welcome to Cutsville

I hate the Pats and Giants, but they don't hold on to players for sentimental value.

Holding onto Mario would be exactly that though, sentimental. We don't 'need' him. We could use him, but we don't need him. We found 2 guys who can play OLB and it would be better for the team if we let Mario walk and added depth behind those guys and signed our other FA's (Myers, Brisiel, Dreessen).

ckhouston
03-13-2012, 10:52 AM
Holding onto Mario would be exactly that though, sentimental. We don't 'need' him. We could use him, but we don't need him. We found 2 guys who can play OLB and it would be better for the team if we let Mario walk and added depth behind those guys and signed our other FA's (Myers, Brisiel, Dreessen).

I stand by my opinion that IF they sign Mario it is because Wade wants him here and believes we can have a better defense by far with him at OLB next year.

dalemurphy
03-13-2012, 10:54 AM
I stand by my opinion that IF they sign Mario it is because Wade wants him here and believes we can have a better defense by far with him at OLB next year.

I agree. Well, I would disagree with Wade, but I agree that Wade would be behind the re-signing.

Rey
03-13-2012, 10:55 AM
How is it smart when it was shown you can make a true run with other guys. Paying him large amounts of cash..which is what his price is going to be...at the sake of continuity on the O-line, LBS, etc makes zero sense to me. Signing the other O-linemen and adding some other FAs not named Mario makes more sense.

Texans may feel like they need an elite talent to compete against elite offenses (which we will see more of this year).

I think signing Mario would be the smart thing to do. Let Myers walk, sign Briesel.

Mario was well on his way to having his best season ever and would have likely been among the top of the tops in Sacks. And I can not re-iterate enough that Mario is excellent against the run. Rare to to find a guy that can do both that well and that has the versatility that Mario has.

Doppelganger
03-13-2012, 10:55 AM

Just to play Devil's advocate, the 3-4 is predicated on having an abundance of quality pass rushers. The Texans have 2: Barwin and Reed. What would happen if one of them gets injured? The Texans would only have 1 of them plus some rookie they drafted who may or may not be as ready to go as Reed.

Meco didn't really play all that much since the team was in Nickle quite a bit. JJ deserves to be gone.

badboy
03-13-2012, 10:57 AM
If it only saves 900k this year (Ryans)...maybe it saves more in later years. If FO was "embarrassed" to ask Winston to take a pay cut then they would be "really embarrassed" to ask Ryans. Very interesting night to say the least. I think if they cut Ryans he would not get anywhere the same amount of cash from any other team considering his injury. If this goes down Rick needs a rap or mafia type nickname. This FO has never ever been so aggressive in terms of cutting players (starters under 30).I interpreted Winston as saying Texans did not want to embarass him by asking him to take a pay cut. No reason for team to be embarrassed.

If Texans not satisfied with Ryans for any reason, saving a million dollars is still saving a million dollars that can be added with other millions. Then they also save his salary. It may not be just a cap move. IF it happens.

HoustonFrog
03-13-2012, 11:01 AM
Texans may feel like they need an elite talent to compete against elite offenses (which we will see more of this year).

I think signing Mario would be the smart thing to do. Let Myers walk, sign Briesel.

Mario was well on his way to having his best season ever and would have likely been among the top of the tops in Sacks. And I can not re-iterate enough that Mario is excellent against the run. Rare to to find a guy that can do both that well and that has the versatility that Mario has.

I'll post what Gosselin from the DMN wrote and I couldn't agree more

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20120312-gosselin-don-t-expect-cowboys-to-be-players-for-mario-williams-carl-nicks.ece

Why is nobody concerned that Houston is prepared to just let Mario Williams walk?

Gosselin: Houston is prepared to let him go because the Texans realize they don't need Mario Williams to play great defense. Playing without him most of last season, they still finished second in the NFL in defense and sixth in sacks. I think the Texans would love to keep Williams at a reasonable price. He would make a good defense even better. But the Texans realize the defense isn't going to collapse without him - like the Cowboys defense would without Ware. Overpaying for Williams would put the Teans in a cap-bind they don't need at this point in their development as a contender. This team is very close to being Super Bowl-ready, with or without Williams. Williams is a superb player and the best pass rusher available. He'll get his money. The Cowboys should at least pick up the phone to inquire.

badboy
03-13-2012, 11:06 AM
Lat year was like that first line of coke exciting because it was so compressed due to the lockout.

We were all like junkies waiting for our fix! :)First time I heard of snorting a line of Coke, I tried but dang near drowned myself and the fizz gave me a headache.

Do you want to tell us about your experience? Don't mean to derail thread but hey.

Hardcore Texan
03-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Why hasn't a link surfaced yet?

This! WTH is going on?

Doppelganger
03-13-2012, 11:11 AM
This! WTH is going on?

Perhaps Solomon's source was not as good as he thought.

badboy
03-13-2012, 11:14 AM

I think signing Mario would be the smart thing to do. Let Myers walk, sign Briesel.Mario was well on his way to having his best season ever and would have likely been among the top of the tops in Sacks. And I can not re-iterate enough that Mario is excellent against the run. Rare to to find a guy that can do both that well and that has the versatility that Mario has.WHo is the center? If Briesel, who is RG?

Kthx
03-13-2012, 11:16 AM
I think Myers is way too important to let walk honestly, If we can't get Brie, Myers, and Williams, I would rather get Brie and Myers and use the extra cap space from Mario in the FA.

Texan_Bill
03-13-2012, 11:16 AM
I'll post what Gosselin from the DMN wrote and I couldn't agree more

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20120312-gosselin-don-t-expect-cowboys-to-be-players-for-mario-williams-carl-nicks.ece

Why is nobody concerned that Houston is prepared to just let Mario Williams walk?

Gosselin: Houston is prepared to let him go because the Texans realize they don't need Mario Williams to play great defense. Playing without him most of last season, they still finished second in the NFL in defense and sixth in sacks. I think the Texans would love to keep Williams at a reasonable price. He would make a good defense even better. But the Texans realize the defense isn't going to collapse without him - like the Cowboys defense would without Ware. Overpaying for Williams would put the Teans in a cap-bind they don't need at this point in their development as a contender. This team is very close to being Super Bowl-ready, with or without Williams. Williams is a superb player and the best pass rusher available. He'll get his money. The Cowboys should at least pick up the phone to inquire.

To play Devil's advocate:

Last year no one knew who Brooks Reed was. No one had any film on the guy. They didn't know his tendancies, strengths or weaknesses. The same will not be true this year. Is there any gaurantee that he will be as effective this coming season, now that teams will have a season to study? No.

That said, I still have my same opinion on Mario and that is I like him and would love to keep him, but as many have stated "at the right price" as to not hamstring the rest of the cap.

HoustonFrog
03-13-2012, 11:18 AM
To play Devil's advocate:

Last year no one knew who Brooks Reed was. No one had any film on the guy. They didn't know his tendancies, strengths or weaknesses. The same will not be true this year. Is there any gaurantee that he will be as effective this coming season, now that teams will have a season to study? No.

That said, I still have my same opinion on Mario and that is I like him and would love to keep him, but as many have stated "at the right price" as to not hamstring the rest of the cap.

True TB. But as you finished up saying you don't want to cut everyone and then blow the bank on one guy when you still think you can have an elite D. But you are right in the sense that coordinators can look more at Reed now.

srrono
03-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Lance Zierlein ‏ @LanceZierlein
For the first time this offseason, I'm starting to have my doubts that the Texans will be able to bring Chris Myers back at center next year

I'm hearing the Texans are not close to a deal with Chris Myers or Mike Brisiel so I don't think Winston was cut in order to fit them in.

According to source close to Texans, there appears to have been a shift in there FA strategy over the last 3-5 days. Something big coming?

Ryan
03-13-2012, 11:48 AM
I have a gut feeling we're targeting a big name FA WR, and idk why. Schaub can't get him the ball if we have no o-line.

houstonspartan
03-13-2012, 11:50 AM
I have a gut feeling we're targeting a big name FA WR, and idk why. Schaub can't get him the ball if we have no o-line.

We're defintely targeting someone BIG. I don't think these moves are just about Mario and Myers. Someone else is on their radar screen.

TheMatrix31
03-13-2012, 11:50 AM
I'm pissed and I have a terrible feeling in my stomach.

Ugh.

Maybe we're going after Carl Nicks? I hope not. For some reason that guy screams "money hungry punk" to me.

srrono
03-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Its strange that all cuts been on the offense.

Mr teX
03-13-2012, 11:59 AM

It's smart b/c:

-He's an elite talent & part of the core of this team

- He's by far our most versatile Front 7 guy as he can play DE, NT & OLB.

- quality depth can be had in the draft...

-Our schedule looks to be tougher in 2012 as far as offenses go.

- And as the old saying goes, you can never have enough pass rushers

I remember this same kinda talk regarding leach last year. "we need to get leach back in the fold...he's just so vital to our run game & Arian.." well a year layer we've got 2 1000 yd rushers on the team 1 of which has shown himself to be a bondafide stud. So in other words, Arian's made those guys some money too; In fact, i think the FO has cast their lot on the whole situation by going on ahead & locking Arian up long term (when they didn't necessarily have to do it b/c he was a RFA) & taking the wait and see approach with Meyers & Brisiel.

People forget that over 1/2 of our O-line was brought here through FA when noone else wanted those guys and that this "continuity" is a myth. Brisiel has missed more than his fair share of games these last 2 years & Brown missed 4 in 2010. Through that time Arian & now Tate have been able to do their thing regardless of who was in on the o-line. Believe me, i understand that our o-line is part of why we've had so much success these last couple of years, but for all this team's success on offense these last few years, our o-line didn't become "great" until Arian started taking snaps at RB.

The other thing to factor in is Kubes' success bringing in O-linemen over the years.

Winston
Brown
Spencer
Smith
Meyers
Brisiel
Butler
Studdard (quality depth)

All of these guys were brought here via FA or the draft under this regime. Hell even the one's that we think weren't very good (Black, Salaam) were still upgrades over what we had from the Capers regime. & if i had to pick 1 area & be confident that kubes could find adequate replacements at in the draft & in FA it's the o-line. i think Meyers & Brown are only guys that are a must we bring back on the o-line. everyone else can be replaced.

Allstar
03-13-2012, 12:08 PM
Title needs to be changed to "NastyNate reporting Demeco and Jacoby are supposedly being cut tomorrow"

Yankee_In_TX
03-13-2012, 12:10 PM
I hope it isn't true a Demeco. The guy is the heart of this defense. What also sucks is getting all the way to the point of the playoffs and then getting cut. Thank you for your services but no thanks. I don't like it. He is one of the reasons the Texans even got to the playoffs. The Texans could be cutting their own throat if they start cutting out the "vital organs" on this team. I'm gonna wait and see on all this and hope for the best.

BUT think of what he gets paid vs. amount of time on the field?

I would hope they offer him a paycut before cutting him.

SW H-TOWN
03-13-2012, 12:12 PM
Man we really need to resign Myers but if he wants some ridiculous Mangold or Kalil contract...Peter Konz + Plus some UFA, welcome to Houston. Can't believe that we are not close to negotiations with Brisiel, how much money could he reasonably ask for. Well, I sure hope we resign Myers and Brisiel. Very exciting time of the year.

Mr teX
03-13-2012, 12:15 PM
For the first time this offseason, I'm starting to have my doubts that the Texans will be able to bring Chris Myers back at center next year

I'm hearing the Texans are not close to a deal with Chris Myers or Mike Brisiel so I don't think Winston was cut in order to fit them in.

According to source close to Texans, there appears to have been a shift in there FA strategy over the last 3-5 days. Something big coming?

Tells me that Meyers already has something lined up with another team & he's trying to get the texans to match it....Brisiel? well i don't know what he's thinking.

SW H-TOWN
03-13-2012, 12:16 PM
Tells me that Meyers already has something lined up with another team & he's trying to get the texans to match it....Brisiel? well i don't know what he's thinking.

Yep.

Kimmy
03-13-2012, 12:17 PM

Wouldn't that be tampering? Not that it doesn't happen ...

welsh texan
03-13-2012, 12:22 PM
BUT think of what he gets paid vs. amount of time on the field?

I would hope they offer him a paycut before cutting him.

Would Demeco take a pay cut though? I'm guessing given his injury limitations, he may worry about his ability to stick around in future years, and his ability to perform and stick on a new team. Maybe he gambles that his contract isn't favorable to cutting him and he picks up his 5.9m this season wondering if he'll ever see that sort of paycheck again?

The NFL can be cruel and Demeco has been cut down in his prime. Sure he gave his all while he was on the field and in limited snaps he performed as well as could be expected but on the field, he's now overpaid.

I also think the NFL is awash with talent at the position right now, as is our team. Everything except his leadership is totally replaceable right now. Shame to say it.

Mr teX
03-13-2012, 12:28 PM
Wouldn't that be tampering? Not that it doesn't happen ...

well of course, but how else do think these "rumors" start about how teams are getting ready to push "hard" for this guy or that guy. How do NFL insiders even find this crap out? All teams & players have to do is filter conversations through their agent & there's no big worry about teams getting penalized for tampering...it's 1 of the biggest jokes in sports....right behind the MLB all-star games deciding home field adv. for the WS.

Marcus
03-13-2012, 12:44 PM
I agree. Well, I would disagree with Wade, but I agree that Wade would be behind the re-signing.

Disagree with Wade? Really?

I have enough respect for Wade Phillips to where if he wants Mario back, an I'm pretty sure he does, then that's good enough for me. It is really quite that simple.

As someone else said, which I agree with, they aren't going to let anyone out that door unless they think he's replaceable. They are making moves.that nobody saw coming. That's what good teams do

TheMatrix31
03-13-2012, 12:48 PM
I liken this whole Mario thing to my basketball team, the Suns, making the decision to let go of Amare Stoudemire.

Both great, athletic masterpieces. Huge contributors, great players. Ultimately though, too much money, and too many questions. Injuries a problem, perceptions of not always playing hard, etc. Like Amare, Mario wants the guaranteed money, and that's just not feasible. You want to keep those guys on your team forever since they're so rare, but tough decisions have to be made. Ultimately, letting Amare go was the best thing for the team, as he looks a shell of himself (not due to no Nash, btw) in NY.

Let's just hope we do a better job replacing Mario than the Suns did replacing Amare, lol.

welsh texan
03-13-2012, 12:51 PM
Disagree with Wade? Really?

I have enough respect for Wade Phillips to where if he wants Mario back, an I'm pretty sure he does, then that's good enough for me. It is really quite that simple.

As someone else said, which I agree with, they aren't going to let anyone out that door unless they think he's replaceable. They are making moves.that nobody saw coming. That's what good teams do

I'm a little worried about selling the farm for Mario though. Defense wins Championships? Not anymore, QB's win championships, we're in the era of the 5000 yard QB and rules that say you have to wait for a receiver to be ready before you lay a hit on him.

Its nice having a great pass-rush, but at the cost of giving your injury-troubled, immobile QB a pocket to throw from? Thats some scary **** right there.

Mr teX
03-13-2012, 12:52 PM
I liken this whole Mario thing to my basketball team, the Suns, making the decision to let go of Amare Stoudemire.

Both great, athletic masterpieces. Huge contributors, great players. Ultimately though, too much money, and too many questions. Injuries a problem, perceptions of not always playing hard, etc. Like Amare, Mario wants the guaranteed money, and that's just not feasible. You want to keep those guys on your team forever since they're so rare, but tough decisions have to be made. Ultimately, letting Amare go was the best thing for the team, as he looks a shell of himself (not due to no Nash, btw) in NY.

Let's just hope we do a better job replacing Mario than the Suns did replacing Amare, lol.

yeah, b/c you know i was going to allude to how the Suns went completely in the crapper after he left.

TheMatrix31
03-13-2012, 01:04 PM
Lots of reasons for that, not just Amare lol.

But that's another discussion.

Marcus
03-13-2012, 01:21 PM

I'm a little worried about selling the farm for Mario though. Defense wins Championships? Not anymore, QB's win championships, we're in the era of the 5000 yard QB and rules that say you have to wait for a receiver to be ready before you lay a hit on him.

Its nice having a great pass-rush, but at the cost of giving your injury-troubled, immobile QB a pocket to throw from? Thats some scary **** right there.

And what makes you so sure we will still have an injury-troubled, immobile QB? :D

The1ApplePie
03-13-2012, 02:45 PM

Yep.

Keeping a luxury like Mario ain't an option. Especially when the Texans need some playmakers on offense. Two new WRs and a Gronk-esqe TE would be nice.

mussop
03-13-2012, 03:12 PM
WHo is the center? If Briesel, who is RG?

There's a few good ones in the up oming draft

Rey
03-13-2012, 03:50 PM
WHo is the center? If Briesel, who is RG?

In that scenario I'd probably move Briesel to center and have an open competition at RG between Caldwell, Shelly Smith, and a rookie....I really like Zeitler...That dude is big and nasty...

mussop
03-13-2012, 04:01 PM
In that scenario I'd probably move Briesel to center and have an open competition at RG between Caldwell, Shelly Smith, and a rookie....I really like Zeitler...That dude is big and nasty...

We would probably have to move up in the second round get him but he would be worth it. How about as long as we are moving up we just do it in the first and take David DeCastro?

Speedy
03-13-2012, 05:22 PM

OMG!!! Will you people stop with the f'ing Manning!!

Dutchrudder
03-13-2012, 05:24 PM
We would probably have to move up in the second round get him but he would be worth it. How about as long as we are moving up we just do it in the first and take David DeCastro?

Trading down to the top of the 2nd would be the preferable thing to do. Lots of O-line talent in this draft, so having an extra 3rd would be very useful. Gonna have to trust Wary and their drafting abilities this year.

The Cush
03-13-2012, 05:26 PM
Well, it's "tomorrow" and Demeco and even Jacoby are both still on this team

Dutchrudder
03-13-2012, 05:29 PM
Is it time yet?

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr14/themishkin/GIFs/Rep/ncf390.gif

The Cush
03-13-2012, 05:32 PM
hahahah wow. Whoever made that is genius.

.....But yes it is time.

Norg
03-13-2012, 05:38 PM
I wouldnt mind cutting Demco we got some good depth behind him and maybe the team see that u see the team sees stuff during the week we dont see so maybe they feel the depth behind demco can get the job done

NastyNate
03-13-2012, 05:39 PM

I think I'll survive. Jerpome Solomon is a d*ck. Thanks Jerome for making me look cool :) that's sarcasm. And for the record I haven't negative repped anyone besides bckey on this board and that was a few months ago.

The Cush
03-13-2012, 05:54 PM
I wouldnt mind cutting Demco we got some good depth behind him and maybe the team see that u see the team sees stuff during the week we dont see so maybe they feel the depth behind demco can get the job done

All we have is Sharpton who is coming off a major injury. Dobbins I believe is a FA and who the hell knows if Mr. Mister Alexander is either

Norg
03-13-2012, 05:57 PM
All we have is Sharpton who is coming off a major injury. Dobbins I believe is a FA and who the hell knows if Mr. Mister Alexander is either

yeah maybe the had a check up with Sharpton and hes doing better then expected .. How is he doing in anywayz prob good if they are thinking about cutting demco

Dutchrudder
03-13-2012, 05:57 PM
I think I'll survive. Jerpome Solomon is a d*ck. Thanks Jerome for making me look cool :) that's sarcasm. And for the record I haven't negative repped anyone besides bckey on this board and that was a few months ago.

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr14/themishkin/GIFs/Rep/2aikpp4.gif

:D

Allstar
03-13-2012, 06:09 PM

Well not many others make a thread claiming something like this that doesn't end up happening. That being said, I'm not going to neg you for this, I'm not too bent about it.

G27RR
03-13-2012, 06:13 PM

Alexander won't be a FA until 2014, so he's got two seasons left on his contract. Dobbins is an UFA as you thought.

kingh99
03-13-2012, 06:52 PM

Doubtful. I'm pretty sure Winston talked his way out. Look at the rest of the line. I don't believe any of them talk with the media or make no attempt to be accessible. Also, was Winston involved in player repping? I don't see why any active player would want that gig. Mgmt is like fock you, we got elephant memories.

Demeco can't be a leader if he can't make plays. I thank him for his service. Like the other guy wrote, dude should never have to work another day in his life, unless he's a dumbass. In which case, I wouldn't feel sorry for him.

Flava Flav is coming out with a remake of his classic PI song. It's called JJ12 is a Joke.

GP
03-13-2012, 06:58 PM
Can players still be cut, to help with cap savings? If so, nobody is safe just yet.

mussop
03-13-2012, 07:55 PM

Soloman is a d*ck! However he had nothing to do with you posting this-

Originally Posted by NastyNate

I think you got some bad info from your buddy and got over zealous and didn't check it out first. :rake:

michaelm
03-13-2012, 07:58 PM
OMG!!! Will you people stop with the f'ing Manning!!

Manning!

Texan_Bill
03-13-2012, 08:01 PM
Manning!

+1

:stirpot:

Playoffs
03-13-2012, 08:29 PM
http://gifs.gifbin.com/349sw043yu35.gif

Fili
03-13-2012, 08:38 PM
http://nfltexans.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/jacoby-jones-hs-22.jpg?w=368&h=277

Kthx
03-13-2012, 08:40 PM
You should be banned from these forums forever for posting that gif.

Fili
03-13-2012, 08:45 PM
You should be banned from these forums forever for posting that gif.

Didn't post it... It's my sig :ant:

Kthx
03-13-2012, 08:51 PM
It's like reliving the worst moment in Texans football history every time you post.

Corrosion
03-13-2012, 08:59 PM
Didn't post it... It's my sig :ant:

Your sig doesnt fit within the rules for a sig .... you should be banned for that being your sig.

1. EXACTLY 400 pixels in width, EXACTLY 80 pixels in height (no smaller, no larger). The
board will look cleaner if sig pics are all the same size. Try to keep the file size as small as you can please. Try to stay under 40kb in file size.

2. Sig pics must be kept family friendly. Members are prohibited from posting any images that contain sexual content, graphic or disturbing content, profanity, any content that should not be viewed by children, advertisements for other websites, or any other inappropriate or illegal content.

Wrong size .... and it damn sure aint friendly! :toropalm:

GP
03-13-2012, 09:01 PM
I concur. That is pure, good old fashioned BANNAGE material.

BANNAGE.

Allstar
03-13-2012, 09:48 PM
DeMeco posted this tonight:

http://c0014224.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_b75fde5

"Ed Block Courage Award"

So maybe they didn't want to cut him before they gave him this award?

Kimmy
03-13-2012, 09:49 PM
DeMeco posted this tonight:

http://c0014224.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_b75fde5

"Ed Block Courage Award"

So maybe they didn't want to cut him before they gave him this award?

That's a handsome man there :heart:

michaelm
03-13-2012, 10:36 PM
That's a handsome man there :heart:

That's a handsome helmet he's holding. You might love to get your hands on Meco, but I'd like to get my hands on one of those helmets!

Mr teX
03-13-2012, 11:01 PM
meco doesn't seem to be worried about anything...

"rumors of my demise have been greatly exagerated.."

http://www.google.com/search?q=demeco+ryans+pictures&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

ckhouston
03-14-2012, 09:11 AM
Methinks Jerome Solomon quite possibly is a moron. :slap:

Allstar
03-14-2012, 12:13 PM
Methinks Jerome Solomon quite possibly is a moron. :slap:

He quite possibly is, but he never reported this "news".

The Cush
03-14-2012, 01:33 PM
He quite possibly is, but he never reported this "news".

Yep. Like I speculated earlier, I'm pretty sure his friend who told the OP the news turned the radio on mid conversation when Barry Warner threw out the suggestion of cutting Demeco and Jerome Solomon was giving his rebuttal.

Vinny
03-14-2012, 01:35 PM
I concur. That is pure, good old fashioned BANNAGE material.

BANNAGE.I can't ban Jerome Solomon from the Chronicle. Nice thought though.

ObsiWan
03-14-2012, 01:37 PM
I can't ban Jerome Solomon from the Chronicle. Nice thought though.

But I CAN ban the Chronicle from my front porch
:D

Rey
03-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Maybe Solomon and the OP weren't crazy afterall...

Allstar
03-20-2012, 10:11 PM
Maybe Solomon and the OP weren't crazy afterall...

Jacoby's still on the team, Ryans wasn't cut. Soloman never reported this, and we've all known both of them had a decent chance of getting shown the door.

Rey
03-20-2012, 11:36 PM
Jacoby's still on the team, Ryans wasn't cut. Soloman never reported this, and we've all known both of them had a decent chance of getting shown the door.

Not sure why you feel the need to state the obvious instead of trying to connect the dots.

But I guess I'll just lay it out.

Maybe the op did have some kind of information about the team wanting to get rid of them/their contracts.

But instead of a cut it came in the form of a trade.

And I disagree that most people knew there was a decent chance demeco would be gone. I think vet, very fee actually thought he wouldn't be on the team next season.

michaelm
03-20-2012, 11:53 PM
Not sure why you feel the need to state the obvious instead of trying to connect the dots.

Maybe the op did have some kind of information about the team wanting to get rid of them/their contracts.

And I disagree that most people knew there was a decent chance demeco would be gone. I think vet, very fee actually thought he wouldn't be on the team next season.

I hope you're correct and the OP had some solid info. That means Jacoby will be outta here soon, right?

Dutchrudder
03-21-2012, 12:08 AM
I hope you're correct and the OP had some solid info. That means Jacoby will be outta here soon, right?

I'm hoping they trade Jacoby, even it's for just a swap of 7ths and a bag of Skittles. That would be awesome.

LonerATO
03-21-2012, 12:45 AM
I'm hoping they trade Jacoby, even it's for just a swap of 7ths and a bag of Skittles. That would be awesome.

That alone would be worth it.

Vinny
03-21-2012, 02:29 AM
hell, nobody would do that...I don't think anyone would take on his salary since he is a kick returner that has bad judgement and isn't a viable wr by season 4

Goldensilence
03-21-2012, 02:33 AM
hell, nobody would do that...I don't think anyone would take on his salary since he is a kick returner that has bad judgement and isn't a viable wr by season 4

We so used to be able to count on the Raiders to love speed and underachieving.

Corrosion
03-21-2012, 03:32 AM

I said a dozen times since the season ended and we began looking at FA and the cap situation that I thought Ryans would be restructured because his cap number was just too great for the amount of time he spent on the field. Many thought I was crazy for suggesting even that.

I sure didnt see him being cut or traded tho .... no way , no how.

As for Jacoby , I know most of us (and some of the staff) would love to run him out of town.They do need another WR but if they cut Jones , they need two more. His staying on the roster may give us a clue as to their thinking come draft time.

At WR they have two guy's at the top of the depth chart that they like in Walter and #80. After that , they are pretty thin. I do know they like some of the guys who spent time on the PS and IR last season in LeStar Jean and Mael. One or both of those players will probably make the final roster out of camp this coming season.
They are thin at LB. Good at the top but thin. The OL is missing pieces.

Drafting a WR early may not be a priority as much as we would like it to be. Unless someone they really like falls into their lap.

I have a feeling that they may not take a WR prior to the 3rd in this draft ....

TimeKiller
03-21-2012, 07:49 AM
Maybe they plan to put JJ on the practice squad? Just for the embarrassment?

The more big pieces getting knocked over with no mention of cutting JJ....the more I think he's still got a place on the team.

Or he'll get cut in camp after every WR outperforms him.

G27RR
03-21-2012, 08:18 AM
Or he'll get cut in camp after every WR outperforms him.

That's what I am expecting.

pbat488
03-21-2012, 08:48 AM
Maybe they plan to put JJ on the practice squad? Just for the embarrassment?

teams can't just put anyone on the practice squad. there are certain rules about tenure/games active etc. that determine whether a player can or cannot be put on the PS.