PDA

View Full Version : How effective will Peyton Manning be?

Seņor Stan
03-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Just curious what level folks see Manning reaching this year...

thunderkyss
03-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Just curious what level folks see Manning reaching this year...

If he stays in the AFC South, I don't think he's going to be very effective at all. I'm sure we've got a few studs on our roster who believe there is some unfinished business with Mr. Manning.

:texan:

Seņor Stan
03-12-2012, 02:26 PM
I honestly the Peyton Manning used to know is done. I am usually and optimist, but I don't think he is going to be able to throw the ball effectively. The league is better with him in it...however I don't think his body is up to the task.

People can will themselves through all sorts of injuries. Peyton can't will his nerve to regenerate.

IDEXAN
03-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Depends on how healthy he'll be ? He's had what, 3 or 4 neck surgeries, well it seems very uncertain to me about his ability to avoid another injury ?

Playoffs
03-12-2012, 05:10 PM
MVP

Why won't this software allow MVP to be all caps by itself?

badboy
03-12-2012, 05:17 PM
would it not depend on what team he is playing for?

Ruinondd
03-12-2012, 06:41 PM
would it not depend on what team he is playing for?

Exactly the point for me. What kind of WR's and TE's will he have? Running game ? Will he have a good oline or one that lets pressure reach him a lot? As good as he is, what kind of season he can have depends on the players around him as much as how well he has recovered.

Playoffs
03-12-2012, 08:18 PM
would it not depend on what team he is playing for?Sure, but I have to assume he'll choose his best chance for a SB. And if he takes a team to SB, he's MVP.

The Cush
03-12-2012, 08:28 PM
How he responds to physical contact is more detrimental to his success IMO than the team he plays on. He could be done after the first hit and no one will know until he steps onto the field

Cjeremy635
03-13-2012, 03:36 PM
I picked bottom 3rd. I think the guy is done....period. He's used to the system that he's been in for over a decade. There is no way he's going to teach the entire team that system, with all of the signals at the line, and still be the same as he was in Indy. Something like that takes time.

He's going to get killed if he plays this season. He'd be smarter to hang em' up and still be able to play with his kids. JMHO. :worldpeace:

Corrosion
03-14-2012, 01:46 AM
I just dont know how to answer this one .....

On one hand , Pey_Me_A_Ton is one of the best QB's in the history of the league. 90% of Manning is probably better than the majority of NFL QB's being 100%.

I just dont know if he's healthy or how much physical punishment he can take. One hit could fo more than end his football career after multiple neck surgeries.

If he's 90-95% of the QB he was before the injury , he's a top 5 QB. If not , he oughta hang it up.

Txn_in_Oki
03-14-2012, 01:51 AM
I said bottom third. Of course we have no idea where he's going to go right now and that has to have some bearing on it. He could come out firing on all cylinders for a couple games and then take a big hit and have his career over just like that.

No matter what the guy says and how much he wants to will himself to be good again he'll still have the nagging thought in his head that the next hit could be the last of his career. Those type of thoughts can lead you to over think things a bit. Get rid of the ball faster than he should, get in a fetal position before he normally would.

Who knows? Whoever wants to pay the money are the ones who have to deal with it.

Wolf6151
03-14-2012, 02:35 AM
I voted top 3rd but this is obviously heavily dependent on what team and system he goes to and the talent level around him.

Scooter
03-14-2012, 02:47 AM
neck is healed. the only question is nerve damage - and his strength is already past chad pennington. given that he's taken a 2 win team to a point that they're trying to avoid going undefeated ... i think he might be pretty good on a team that doesnt suck.