PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning Derby (Signs with Broncos)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

gary
03-14-2012, 09:31 PM
Manning does not mean all of that for Tennessee.

Second Honeymoon
03-14-2012, 10:11 PM
TB, could the Titans implode? Sure. That WOULD be perfect. I just don't see that happening.

They may not make a SB (and won't win it because Bud will never win one), but Peyton has had this division on lockdown for over a decade. If, and it's a big if, Peyton goes to Titans it's bad news.

OT - I am thinking about leaving work early and heading to Nick's Place for the tourney. If you go there,I will be the only guy in a David Freese shirt :)

Bulluck53
03-15-2012, 03:12 AM
First, QB's shouldn't be judged on win/loss records alone.

Second, I'm not sure how to feel about Peyton being a Titan, and I'm pretty certain it's going to happen. I think its a great business move for obvious reasons, but it's not the best football move. Tenn still isn't a Super Bowl contender with Peyton, IMO. They have one (1) defensive end on the roster at the moment. Their defensive backfield has regressed, and their linebacking corps include two second-year players and a guy who can no longer run. They have a lot of work to do on the defensive side.

I like that the FO is being aggressive; it's almost as if they're trying to get better. The addition of Hutchinson (eh...) Myers or Wells on the interior line would be great, and one of those guys needs to be signed. Manning would no doubt make them a better team, but I think the money would be better spent on Mario.

I've never hated Peyton I've just hated playing him, so if he did come I would be behind it. I'm just not looking forward to those hideous orange jerseys throughout LP.

TheMatrix31
03-15-2012, 03:41 AM
All you people who are burying Peyton Manning are ridiculous.

Abso-****ing-lutely ridiculous.

And bringing up playoff records is equally riduclous. Hm, I wonder what Terry Bradshaw, Trent Dilfer, and Joe Montana had that Peyton Manning never had. The fact that he was able to do what he did, for so long, with the **** that surrounded him (especially on defense) is damn-****ing-near miraculous. You never, ever, ever use "just" playoff W/L or "just' Super Bowl rings to judge a player. It must be a combination of so many things. Is Peyton Manning the best QB of all-time? Strictly speaking "man playing the position", he very well might be. I'm not sure he is though. I'd give it to Elway.

You guys seem to be cutting his career down. Peyton Manning is overrated, is what I'm reading from you. Really? Really? Goodness. It's almost as if you're dredging up some insecurity complex and you're trying to rationalize and diminish the very real possibility that he can come in, be in our division no less, and still be a beast. Would I be "terrified" of him or Tennessee as a whole if he went there? No, not really. Why? Because I have confidence in our boys. But that doesn't mean anything about his ability to perform. We'll have to see on that.

Either way, to sign him up as dead and done is a fatal mistake.

The1ApplePie
03-15-2012, 09:41 AM
If the Titans get Manning, I hope the Texans make a run at prying Locker from Bud's cold undead hands.

CloakNNNdagger
03-15-2012, 09:50 AM
Titans owner offers Peyton a contract “for life” (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/15/titans-owner-offers-peyton-a-contract-for-life/)Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2012, 10:17 AM EDT

To the extent that Peyton Manning is looking to parlay a contract for his services as a player into a contract for his services as an executive, it’s working.

Titans owner Bud Adams told KHOU radio in Houston on Wednesday that he has offered Peyton a contract “for life.”

Adams also said he “feels great” about the team’s chances of landing Manning.

As previously mentioned, the idea of welcoming Peyton into the front office upon retirement could make for more than a little awkwardness, given that the jobs and the duties Peyton may be eyeballing already are spoken for. (Including giving the opposition a double-barreled middle finger during games.)

Then there’s the question of how a contract that contains financial promises beyond the expiration of the playing career impacts the salary cap. A post-playing-career maneuver once made by Broncos owner Pat Bowlen regarding quarterback John Elway contributed to a finding that the team had violated the salary-cap rules.

And so, before any contract “for life” becomes effective, the league office will have to approve it. In the end, it’s possible that the playing part of the lifetime contract will be addressed in writing, and that the balance of the business will be accomplished via a series of winks and nods.

Playoffs
03-15-2012, 10:00 AM
Evan Silva ‏ @evansilva Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
ESPN's Adam Schefter on Peyton Manning: "It does look like the 2 finalists are Tennessee & Denver. They appear to have the best chances."

Double Barrel
03-15-2012, 10:06 AM
Folks should try to be objective.

Quit basing your perspective on the name "Peyton Manning". What he has done in his career is HoF and worthy to be considered one of the great QBs in the NFL.

But that was then.

His last play was in December 2010. He's had FOUR neck surgeries. Father Time does not care about the name on the jersey or what a player has done. Eventual always comes, and age is the same for Manning as it was for Elway, Marino, Aikman, Montana, Favre.

At some point, he will simply be unable to perform at the level that we have all come to expect. It is not a matter of if, but when. And after sitting out an entire season, undergoing multiple surgeries, lingering concerns about his healing process, and even now unable to throw the ball with the same consistency and strength as he did in 2010, I think it is a bit premature to crown him as a Super Bowl MVP simply because his name is Peyton Manning.

Try to be pragmatic about analyzing the situation. Remove the awe, remove the name, and just look at it from a realistic perspective. Dude will be 36 years old, out for an entire season, neck surgeries and nerve damage, and playing for a team that is still a year or two away from being a consistent contender if he signs with the Titans.

Baldinger was babbling last night that this is a perfect division because Manning knows it so well.

WRONG!

Manning has never faced the Texans defense run by Wade Phillips. He's never faced a Texans team coming off a playoff winning season. He's never faced a Texans team that is no longer scared of him, but instead hungry for his head (figure of speech). This defense is HUNGRY, and I have no doubt that they see a gigantic T-bone in Manning. He will regret signing with the Titans and facing our D twice a year.

Bring it on, I say. He's probably a shell of his former self, and seeing him and the Titans lose is what I will live for as a Texans fan. Just because he's Peyton Manning he will not suffer from the same rust that plagues all other players after a year off?? Hogwash! He's human just like the rest of them.

I just hope he can stay healthy long enough to play the games against us, because even that is uncertain right now.

Playoffs
03-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Adams is trying to actually purchase & own Peyton. Upon signing, Manning will be required move into Bud's house as Bud will own him. Off season duties will be mixing drinks for the Budster and picking him up off the ground when he falls.

After football, Bud will lock Peyton in his basement with the other people Bud owns, bringing him out to put the best QB ever on display when Adams has company. http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii269/theogrit/1sm050puppet.gif

#lookbeforeyouleap

GP
03-15-2012, 11:25 AM
Bud makes some of the most irrational decisions I have ever seen.

This one takes the cake. He is so ashamed of his failure with Vince Young that he's willing to make Manning the President of Titanville if he'll just choose the Titans! It's so damn awkward. Would Peyton really, truly want to play for a guy as desperate and pitiful as Bud Adams?

I mean, there should be an age limit or sanity test for NFL owners. Once you reach the level of flipping off people from your sky box or offering ANY player a life-long deal that enthrones them within your organization for that player's lifetime????? Then it's time to let the NFL pass the decision-making of that team down to someone less insane than the owner.

It truly is amazing that the NFL can survive the Al Davis' and Bud Adams' of their organizational universe. Doesn't it make sense that the NFL somehow has the ability to require owners to have their decision-making powers stripped if they become senile? I know this sounds very "police state" and stuff, but I mean come on! It's getting so bizarre now. This is the year 2012 and the NFL has THIS kind of loon-bird running one of its franchises? LOL.

Double Barrel
03-15-2012, 11:30 AM
yep. There is a reason why Bud Adams is one of the last of the AFL owners not to be inducted into the Hall of Fame.

DonnyMost
03-15-2012, 11:46 AM
He'll go to Denver. He has to.

Bud Adams is a slimey turd.

Elway is a pal of his.

The human element will win out.

It has to.

Thorn
03-15-2012, 11:59 AM

Elway is a pal of his.

It has to.

Actually, him going to the Titans for several boatloads of money which constrains their future CAP, then our defense putting the finishing "touches" on his carear this season would be mighty nice to see. :)

Ole Miss Texan
03-15-2012, 01:28 PM

Elway is a pal of his.

It has to.
That's what gets me. If the Titans offer him considerable just stupid money I can see him going. But the Mannings are all about class, respect, good owners and good front offices. Denver exceeds Tennessee in all aspects of those criteria. I cannot see Peytong having a "front office" gig when his days are over with Bud Adams as the owner. Doesn't seem to mesh.
Actually, him going to the Titans for several boatloads of money which constrains their future CAP, then our defense putting the finishing "touches" on his carear this season would be mighty nice to see. :)
No joke, I kinda hope the Titans royally eff themselves over with this. I would never want anything bad to happen to a player (particularly a guy like Peyton)... but it would be nice if we "scare" him a little. ;)

Vinny
03-15-2012, 02:27 PM
Manning in TN would make our rivalry more colorful. Right now Hou vs TN isn't anything a National audience wants to see really...but with Manning, that's some Sunday night football right there. I ain't skeered - bring it on. Manning in TN can't do anything but make football more fun for us on gameday.

CloakNNNdagger
03-15-2012, 03:07 PM
Contract “for life” would require two contracts, league approval

(http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/15/contract-for-life-would-require-two-contracts-league-approval/)New Orleans Saints v Tennessee Titans Getty Images

Titans owner Bud Adams has offered Peyton Manning a contract “for life.” As crazy as it sounds in the salary-cap era, it can happen.

Per a source with knowledge of the league’s procedures, Manning and the Titans would be required to sign two contracts: one for the work as player, and one for the job as a non-player. The second job would have to be a “real job,” and the wages for the second job would have to represent fair market value. Manning would have to actually perform the duties of the job after his playing career ends.

Also, the entire arrangement would require league approval.

There would be no cap charge during Manning’s playing career. However, if the second contract pays higher than fair market value or if Manning doesn’t perform the services required, the Titans would face salary cap charges and other penalties for circumventing the cap, including fines and possible loss of draft choices.

To the extent that the contract “for life” would entail purchasing a portion of the team, there would be salary cap implications. Before getting to that point, the transaction would have to be approved by a vote of the 32 owners.

It’s unknown whether Adams would attempt to convey minority ownership of the Titans to Manning.

Kimmy
03-15-2012, 03:52 PM
If the Titans get Manning, I hope the Texans make a run at prying Locker from Bud's cold undead hands.

Why? Per Bob "we have a quarterback we are happy with"

Sent from my Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk

Texan_Bill
03-15-2012, 03:55 PM
Contract “for life” would require two contracts, league approval

(http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/15/contract-for-life-would-require-two-contracts-league-approval/)

Who's life? Peyton's or Bud's?? If it's Bud's life it could be a short season for Manning if he signs that deal. :D

Txn_in_Oki
03-15-2012, 06:44 PM
Bud makes some of the most irrational decisions I have ever seen.

This one takes the cake. He is so ashamed of his failure with Vince Young that he's willing to make Manning the President of Titanville if he'll just choose the Titans! It's so damn awkward. Would Peyton really, truly want to play for a guy as desperate and pitiful as Bud Adams?

I mean, there should be an age limit or sanity test for NFL owners. Once you reach the level of flipping off people from your sky box or offering ANY player a life-long deal that enthrones them within your organization for that player's lifetime????? Then it's time to let the NFL pass the decision-making of that team down to someone less insane than the owner.

It truly is amazing that the NFL can survive the Al Davis' and Bud Adams' of their organizational universe. Doesn't it make sense that the NFL somehow has the ability to require owners to have their decision-making powers stripped if they become senile? I know this sounds very "police state" and stuff, but I mean come on! It's getting so bizarre now. This is the year 2012 and the NFL has THIS kind of loon-bird running one of its franchises? LOL.

If he stays in charge of them for another 10 years I'm completely happy with that. Another crazy owner destroying his franchise keeps things interesting. Their fans deserve a little of the hell we went through in Houston.

I hope they get Peyton to be honest. Let Bud lock him up "for life" and put himself in salary cap hell over a guy who may only make it through one big hit.

All I want is the Texans to win the Super Bowl before this guy kicks the bucket. After the eff yous he has sent our way that would be the best gift we could give him. The city he screwed over will finally have what he will never get and they got it with out him.

Double Barrel
03-15-2012, 06:45 PM
Why would Manning want to be a Titan after his playing career when he spent 14 seasons with the Colts? Is he that butthurt over the business decision that Indy was forced to make by his massive head...errr...salary?

The whole thing is weird with the Titans, and honestly, I'd lose some respect for Peyton if he sells his soul to that satanic a-hole. I hate everything about Bud Adams, and by association, Manning will be perceived as sliming his reputation.

I'm not happy that Bruce Matthews went back there, but at least he has a long history with the franchise. Would Manning be doing this to pander to his college alumni?

*blech*

Txn_in_Oki
03-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Why would Manning want to be a Titan after his playing career when he spent 14 seasons with the Colts? Is he that butthurt over the business decision that Indy was forced to make by his massive head...errr...salary?

The whole thing is weird with the Titans, and honestly, I'd lose some respect for Peyton if he sells his soul to that satanic a-hole. I hate everything about Bud Adams, and by association, Manning will be perceived as sliming his reputation.

I'm not happy that Bruce Matthews went back there, but at least he has a long history with the franchise. Would Manning be doing this to pander to his college alumni?

*blech*

Manning "coming home" to Tennessee, plus a big fat contract? I can see it happening. Deep down he would love to stick it to the Colts twice a year.

Playoffs
03-15-2012, 06:55 PM
Stephanie Stradley ‏ @StephStradley Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Mouth barf. RT @ClayTravisBGID: Continuing to hear from source that Manning to Titans will happen. Hammering out contract details now.

If Manning goes to Titans, it will end poorly. That's how it works for all Titans QBs. #BudIsTheManofConstantSorrow

False Start
03-15-2012, 06:57 PM
Bud Adams is the Devil....

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/buddevil.jpg

Kimmy
03-15-2012, 07:09 PM
bud adams is the devil....

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/j4103v/buddevil.jpg

msr :(

Kimmy
03-15-2012, 07:10 PM
Mouth barf. RT @ClayTravisBGID: Continuing to hear from source that Manning to Titans will happen. Hammering out contract details now.

If Manning goes to Titans, it will end poorly. That's how it works for all Titans QBs. #BudIsTheManofConstantSorrow

This makes my skin crawl. Can you even imagine how much $h!t Bob McNair will take if they come around and spank us twice a year?

That line will start behind me ...

Texan_Bill
03-15-2012, 07:14 PM
Bud Adams is the Devil....

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/buddevil.jpg

Dat Butt Adams is da devil!!

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSK74qYL6KA1NbgpOYoUXXdnnYbfNvoc rpbElYELJ_aHe0R1ahOzM_Vc1HWCg

Vinny
03-15-2012, 07:41 PM

*blech*
I used to live in Tennessee and I've seen them wear #16 Vol shirts to many a Titan game early on before the Oilers felt like TN's team instead of feeling like Houston's hand me down. There is a very real relationship that Manning has with the Vol fan base and the Vol fan base IS the football fanbase in TN. The Vols are more popular than the Titans and bringing Manning to the Titans will kinda marry that up. Tailgating for the Vols dwarfs tailgaiting for the Titans....and the Vols often have 100k in the stands every Sunday. No way the Titans could fill that stadium. I think its a brilliant move by Bud and to me it doesn't feel like Manning is pandering to anything. Going where you are loved and wanted isn't such a bad thing if you ask me. I think you just hate Manning and Bud so much you just see red on this one. :evil:

False Start
03-15-2012, 10:04 PM
Titans owner offers Peyton a contract “for life” (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/15/titans-owner-offers-peyton-a-contract-for-life/)

For the rest of Bud's life....that might not be such a good deal. :heh:

ObsiWan
03-16-2012, 05:11 AM
I used to live in Tennessee and I've seen them wear #16 Vol shirts to many a Titan game early on before the Oilers felt like TN's team instead of feeling like Houston's hand me down. There is a very real relationship that Manning has with the Vol fan base and the Vol fan base IS the football fanbase in TN. The Vols are more popular than the Titans and bringing Manning to the Titans will kinda marry that up. Tailgating for the Vols dwarfs tailgaiting for the Titans....and the Vols often have 100k in the stands every Sunday. No way the Titans could fill that stadium. I think its a brilliant move by Bud and to me it doesn't feel like Manning is pandering to anything. Going where you are loved and wanted isn't such a bad thing if you ask me. I think you just hate Manning and Bud so much you just see red on this one. :evil:

THIS...

I'm from Nashville originally (been here over 30 yrs) and Vinny's right. SEC football and the Vols is still the more sought after football ticket in that neck of the woods. If Bud can snag him and marry the Titans with the Tennessee Vols.... well, he'll instantly gain a whole nuther group of fans.

TheMatrix31
03-16-2012, 06:51 AM
I'd lose some respect for Peyton too if he went to Tennessee. I don't care about the Bud Adams stuff quite as much because I wasnt an Oilers fan before they got jacked from Houston, but I don't think any player should leave and then go to one of their rivals, especially the rival thats EASILY the most hate-able in our division.

Hate it when Red Sox become Yankees and vice versa, hate it when Celtics become Lakers, hate it when Suns become Spurs....everything. I just think its bull****. Then I realize fans care more about rivalries than players do. Wish someone would come out and say "_______? **** no, not after all I've been through, not after playing for ______ for so long." THAT player "gets it"

Blake
03-16-2012, 08:16 AM
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
RT @wesleylhicks: Of course we are going to find out Tebow's future today because it is 3-16! ... Oh boy. Hadn't even thought of that.

haha - had to share.

Texan_Bill
03-16-2012, 08:35 AM
Who's life? Peyton's or Bud's?? If it's Bud's life it could be a short season for Manning if he signs that deal. :D

For the rest of Bud's life....that might not be such a good deal. :heh:

:foottap:

Stealing my thunder??? :truck:

DonnyMost
03-16-2012, 09:05 AM
Albert Breer reporting the Broncos plane is headed to Raleigh, while the Titans plane is still sitting in Houston.

SPLASH.

nero THE zero
03-16-2012, 09:11 AM
I fully expect something completely crazy to end up happening.

Like, Manning signs with a random team like the 49ers or suddenly retires.

DonnyMost
03-16-2012, 09:22 AM
Peyton Manning working out for the Broncos today.

Now we're cooking with gas.

Finally some real reps in an audition situation.

Double Barrel
03-16-2012, 10:31 AM

I concede your point, man. My perception is certainly influenced by dislike of both parties. Being Manning's punching bag for a decade comes with it's share of dark underside, especially watching him run up the score in the 4th quarter of a blowout game to pad his stats. Obviously, the Bud angle speaks for itself.

If he does sign with the Titans, I do think that he's pandering to his ego, though. He's not interested in rings by signing with Tennessee. They simply do not have the talent right now to make a run, even with the 'Greatest QB In The History of the World'. And hey, that's fine. It's his career and definitely his right to end it wherever he desires. I just refuse to entertain the delusion that some might have that he thinks he's going to the best team available to win championships.

Dutchrudder
03-16-2012, 12:55 PM
I'm still holding out that the darkhorse 49ers will sign Peyton. They haven't even signed Alex Smith back and reportedly only gave him a 3 year offer. 3 years is what most backups get. In any case, I fully expect Manning to get a ring if he goes to the 49ers. They have a stellar defense, just signed some good WRs, and had a lot of money going into free agency this year. They could make it happen and it's a better situation than any other team in the hunt.

DonnyMost
03-16-2012, 01:06 PM
I'm still holding out that the darkhorse 49ers will sign Peyton. They haven't even signed Alex Smith back and reportedly only gave him a 3 year offer. 3 years is what most backups get. In any case, I fully expect Manning to get a ring if he goes to the 49ers. They have a stellar defense, just signed some good WRs, and had a lot of money going into free agency this year. They could make it happen and it's a better situation than any other team in the hunt.

You may get your wish.

Chris Mortensen ‏ @mortreport
quote:
Filed to ESPN: Third team in Manning race that has emerged is 49ers - Manning worked out for Harbaugh & took physical this week #NFL32

jaayteetx
03-16-2012, 01:12 PM

Never say never but remind me again, in the history of the game, how many qbs have won SBs with two or more teams?

DonnyMost
03-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Never say never but remind me again, in the history of the game, how many qbs have won SBs with two or more teams?

A better question is how many Superbowl winning QBs have signed on to start for teams that won 13 games and made their conferences championship?

Closest thing to it was Joe Montana signing with KC in 93 after they went 10-6 and got bounced in the first round. That following year they went 11-5 and lost in the conference championship to Buffalo.

So, not a good idea to point to that as some kind of example of the lack of probability, as there have been few, if any cases of Superbowl winning QBs ever signing onto start for contending teams after leaving their original team.

Bulls on Parade
03-16-2012, 01:19 PM
I just hope he doesn't end up on the Titans. Assuming he's healthy...

With Peyton on Titans: The Texans will likely need to win 11 or 12 games to take the AFC South in 2012. Without Peyton on the Titans, 9 or 10 wins will do it.

The schedule looks much tougher on paper compared to last year but that's always deceiving before free agency and the draft are over.

Trap_Star
03-16-2012, 01:20 PM
9ers + peyton = SB

Dutchrudder
03-16-2012, 01:26 PM

The only thing lacking from SF last year was great QB play. They are returning all 11 defensive starters and a good portion of their offense. If they can get Peyton and sign Alex Smith as a backup, they will be set. Plenty of opportunities to address depth in the draft, and find another good WR and Olinemen. That team would be unstoppable with a healthy Peyton.

Texn4life
03-16-2012, 01:33 PM
9ers + peyton = SB

This is a team realizing that they have a prime opportunity to take control of the NFC. Signed Moss and most likely will sign either Lloyd or Manningham. 3 backs that really complement each other well. An elite TE....... Wow, I'd like to see him go there just to see how exciting that team would be.

With all 11 starters returning on defense the offense doesn't even need to score a lot of points. If I'm Peyton I go there. I know he doesn't want to block his brother's road to the Super Bowl, but Eli will have a good 5-6 years after Peyton hangs it up to still add more titles.

Texan_Bill
03-16-2012, 01:37 PM

I posted this earlier this week.

Exactly NONE!

(although there have been a handful of guys that were quarterbacks for two different Super Bowl teams but they either didn't start or they lost the second Super Bowl i.e. Kurt Warner).

DonnyMost
03-16-2012, 01:38 PM
I posted this earlier this week.

Exactly NONE!

(although there have been a handful of guys that were quarterbacks for two different Super Bowl teams but they either didn't start or they lost the second Super Bowl i.e. Kurt Warner).

Wow, how did I forget about Warner?

Either way, it doesn't affect Peyton's chances at all.

SheTexan
03-16-2012, 01:55 PM
9ers + peyton = SB

I'm still hopin for a Texan/Niner SB, with a TEXAN WIN!! That said, the Niners seem to be on the right path, not to sure about our Texans anymore! BUT, no news is sometimes good new's, so I'll just continue waiting to see what happens.

GP
03-16-2012, 02:16 PM
I want him on the 49ers. And if he isn't on the 49ers, I want him on the Broncos.

We don't need any bad mojo with him finding ways to make us pay by being on the Titans. I don't think he's as dead-in-the-water as some try to portray here.

I hope he goes to the 49ers. That's in the NFC, far away from us and we can meet up with him in the Super Bowl and crush his soul once and for all.

silentassassin
03-16-2012, 02:22 PM
I want him on the 49ers. And if he isn't on the 49ers, I want him on the Broncos.

We don't need any bad mojo with him finding ways to make us pay by being on the Titans. I don't think he's as dead-in-the-water as some try to portray here.

I hope he goes to the 49ers. That's in the NFC, far away from us and we can meet up with him in the Super Bowl and crush his soul once and for all.

Agreed.

However, I feel like the 49ers pursuit of him will reignite the argument that the home team should take a look at him as well. People argue their situations are similar, but SF doesn't have a starting qb under contract right now. We do. Cap room is also another big difference.

Still, I think there's something to be said about the 49er's interest in him, and the home team's complete disregard of his availability(assuming they were never interested in him in the first place).

TheMatrix31
03-16-2012, 02:57 PM
Yeah but, will Harbaugh let him take reigns of the offense? He's a pretty big control freak.

I'd love to see them get Peyton.

michaelm
03-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Totally off topic, but funny, so I thought I'd share.

@Cardschatter: Nice. RT @KidStallyn: @Cardschatter Cardinals just changed their Relationship Status on Facebook with Kevin Kolb to IT'S COMPLICATED.

Kimmy
03-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Totally off topic, but funny, so I thought I'd share.

That's pretty funny!

Texecutioner
03-16-2012, 10:46 PM
The stealthy 49ers are in the chase for Peyton Manning. The Dolphins and Cardinals are out. And the Broncos and Titans want to make sure the four-time NFL MVP is healthy.

Got all that?

After a brief lull, the pursuit of Manning sure got interesting in a hurry Friday.

The year's top free agent, who has been rehabbing in North Carolina after a string of neck surgeries, threw the football at Duke's athletic facilities for Hall of Fame QB turned Broncos executive John Elway along with Denver coach John Fox.

The workout lasted a little under two hours, and when it was over Elway seemed convinced that Manning is still Manning.

"We enjoyed visiting with Peyton today in NC," he wrote on his Twitter account. "He threw the ball great and looked very comfortable out there."

A few minutes later, Elway posted: "Watching him throw today was the next step in this important process for our team and Peyton. It was a productive visit and went well."

Whether San Francisco executives and coaches feel the same way, they weren't saying. But they also have shown interest in the man who led Indianapolis to a Super Bowl victory in 2007. A person familiar with the situation said that Manning worked out for 49ers' coach Jim Harbaugh on Tuesday night at Duke. ESPN first reported on the session.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Peyton-Manning-San-Francisco-49ers-Denver-Broncos-Tennessee-Titans-to-workout-031512

Playoffs
03-16-2012, 11:23 PM
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1918943&postcount=538

Mr teX
03-16-2012, 11:33 PM
i honestly couldn't see why noone ever thought that they were an option....its just too damn a perfect fit. All the posturing by SF regarding Alex Smith was just ludicrous to me. They literally have EVERYTHING already in place for Manning.

Corrosion
03-17-2012, 12:35 AM
I turned on Sports Center earlier .... Breaking News , Bronco's owner's jet lands in R NC.

Then they have a chopper following a van filled with the Bronoc's staff going down the highway .... It reminded me of OJ in the Bronco. :rake:

Note to ESPN - The plane landing isnt "Breaking News" neither is a vandriving down the freakin highway (unless it contains OJ). Breaking news is when Pey_Me_A_Ton signs on the dotted line you jackholes.

Im so sick of the "Peyton Watch" its worse than Favre already! :cutthroat:

TexanBacker93
03-17-2012, 01:45 AM
I find it curiously interesting that if Manning ends up in SF he'd be coached by the guy who preceded him as QB in Indy.

TheMatrix31
03-17-2012, 02:55 AM
I turned on Sports Center earlier .... Breaking News , Bronco's owner's jet lands in R NC.

Then they have a chopper following a van filled with the Bronoc's staff going down the highway .... It reminded me of OJ in the Bronco. :rake:

Note to ESPN - The plane landing isnt "Breaking News" neither is a vandriving down the freakin highway (unless it contains OJ). Breaking news is when Pey_Me_A_Ton signs on the dotted line you jackholes.

Im so sick of the "Peyton Watch" its worse than Favre already! :cutthroat:

Not even close. Favre was the biggest attention whore in the world and did this for like 3 or 4 offseasons in a row. He was public with his garbage, and he was a wishy washy *****. That dude created his own freakin' bed and thrived off it. It was all about him, all the time.

Peyton's handled this absolutely professionally, and oh, he's only the biggest FA in football history. "No big deal", right?

The way to solve it? Don't watch ESPN. Seriously. Just don't. Life is MUCH better when you don't watch ESPN. And if you do, then watch ESPNews. It's a bit better. But really, just watch the league-specific channels. Or if you're sick of any of these media outlets, then just control your consumption and get your **** online.

IDEXAN
03-17-2012, 07:18 AM
I certainly understand why Denver, the Titans, the Cards, and Miami are in the hunt for Manning, buy why SF since they were just a single play, a fumble away from playing the Pats in the SB ?

Vinny
03-17-2012, 11:58 AM
I concede your point, man. My perception is certainly influenced by dislike of both parties. Being Manning's punching bag for a decade comes with it's share of dark underside, especially watching him run up the score in the 4th quarter of a blowout game to pad his stats. Obviously, the Bud angle speaks for itself.

If he does sign with the Titans, I do think that he's pandering to his ego, though. He's not interested in rings by signing with Tennessee. They simply do not have the talent right now to make a run, even with the 'Greatest QB In The History of the World'. And hey, that's fine. It's his career and definitely his right to end it wherever he desires. I just refuse to entertain the delusion that some might have that he thinks he's going to the best team available to win championships. yeah, I can get on board with your end comments as well. I didn't mention that Manning just had twins, and his wife is from TN to boot (more reasons for him to go to TN). Frankly I think it would be great if he stayed in the division. I hear so many people saying that the media doesn't pay attention to us....TN vs Hou is a National attention game with Manning. TN vs Houston isn't the same National game with Jake Locker and the .500 Titans rolling into town. Try to look on the bright side...there is a silver lining with Manning in TN. I ain't afraid of no ghostseses.

I certainly understand why Denver, the Titans, the Cards, and Miami are in the hunt for Manning, buy why SF since they were just a single play, a fumble away from playing the Pats in the SB ?because Alex Smith still sucks despite the 9er playoff run.

GP
03-17-2012, 04:17 PM
Agreed.

However, I feel like the 49ers pursuit of him will reignite the argument that the home team should take a look at him as well. People argue their situations are similar, but SF doesn't have a starting qb under contract right now. We do. Cap room is also another big difference.

Still, I think there's something to be said about the 49er's interest in him, and the home team's complete disregard of his availability(assuming they were never interested in him in the first place).

I think the 49ers, since they haven't re-signed Alex Smith, are hoping Manning can be their QB.

The only complication, IMO, is the amount Bud Adams might be offering #18.

I think without the Titans as a contender in the race for #18, we'd have seen Manning signing with the 49ers by now. Or Broncos. Bud is muddying the waters, like he always does. It's who he is.

CloakNNNdagger
03-17-2012, 04:50 PM
The Broncos, the 49rs and now the Titan have all remarked how well Peyton has thrown the ball during his visits.

Now take a look at the short video linked below, of his demonstration to the Titans. See if you can pick up what I am picking up.

Titans say Peyton Manning is throwing the ball wellPosted by Michael David Smith (PFT) on March 17, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT

Another team has been allowed inside the curtain and permitted to view more than 27 seconds on YouTube of Peyton Manning throwing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOVAiFAmLc4), and the verdict is, once again, that he looks good.

Today Manning threw for the Titans, just as he threw for the Broncos yesterday. And just as John Elway was impressed with Manning’s arm, Titans General Manager Ruston Webster said the same.

“This morning we traveled to Knoxville and had a workout with Peyton,” Webster said in a statement released by the team. “I thought he looked comfortable throwing the ball and we had a good visit. This is another important step in the process.”

Webster’s statement and Elway’s statement use almost identical language about Manning looking comfortable and taking important steps in the process, to the point where you get the sense the Manning camp has told teams exactly what they’re supposed to say publicly if they want to stay in the Manning sweepstakes.

And the Titans do want to stay in the Manning sweepstakes, just as the Broncos and 49ers do after seeing Manning throw. Whether he can throw as well in 2012 as he did before his neck procedures remains to be seen, but he’s throwing well enough that the teams that have seen him like what they see.

Playoffs
03-17-2012, 05:30 PM
...See if you can pick up what I am picking up.No pass rush. http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/Soizic22/a%20smilie/laugh-1.gif

CloakNNNdagger
03-17-2012, 06:54 PM
No pass rush. http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/Soizic22/a%20smilie/laugh-1.gif

That wasn't what I was getting at...............watch Manning.

Bulluck53
03-18-2012, 04:30 AM
That wasn't what I was getting at...............watch Manning.

Maybe his "happy feet?" Though he's always been like that.

Playoffs
03-18-2012, 09:06 AM
QB Alex Smith pressing the issue -- visiting with Dolphins today. Doubt there's much leverage there.

That wasn't what I was getting at...............watch Manning.Don't see anything. It's tiny.

Nawzer
03-18-2012, 10:42 AM
I've always felt like the 49ers would be the best place for Manning to land. He'll have one of the league's best defenses, a very good running attack, and good receivers to throw too. With the addition of Randy Moss it'll make guys like Vernon Davis even more effective and with Manning throwing, it'll make those guys look like hall of famers. The NFC West is probably the weakest division in football and the 49ers will be contenders for a long time to come. The second best place for him would the Texans but obviously that's not going to happen.

CloakNNNdagger
03-18-2012, 10:51 AM
The Astros may be interested in Manning’s services.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/000/439/catfish2_display_image.jpg?1331128688

I was a pitcher in college. A pitcher’s mechanics does not only rely on his shoulder, elbow and wrist strength alone. He strongly utiilizes his entire body to maximize the force behind his delivery as reflected by his follow through motions.

A QB, in contrast, mostly relies on arm strength......specifically in most part, dictated by cervical nerve root 7 (Peyton’s weakened C7 nerve) which controls elbow extension, wrist flexion and grip strength, i.e., all the important actions for an accurate and strong release. When you see that back foot lift off the ground as high as you see in Peyton's video (best examples ~ the 10 second and ~ the 23 second mark) and with a swing-around, you know that adequate strength for release of the football is not there.

Peyton has never been known to have a canon for an arm, and has compensated heavily by concentrating on his smarts and accuracy. Now, faced with truly inadequate throwing strength, his typical compensatory mechanisms must be entirely reconstructed......if it can even be successfully accomplished at all while maintaining elite performance. If his nerve does not fully regenerate, trying to change his compensatory mechanics in a major fashion beyond what he has already been doing pre-injury will not be any easy task if even possible, and is likely to ultimately destroy his ability to be “Peyton” ever again.

Wolf
03-18-2012, 10:55 AM
I've always felt like the 49ers would be the best place for Manning to land. He'll have one of the league's best defenses, a very good running attack, and good receivers to throw too. With the addition of Randy Moss it'll make guys like Vernon Davis even more effective and with Manning throwing, it'll make those guys look like hall of famers. The NFC West is probably the weakest division in football and the 49ers will be contenders for a long time to come. The second best place for him would the Texans but obviously that's not going to happen.

and they added manningham

Nawzer
03-18-2012, 11:01 AM
and they added manningham

Yep, thanks for the reminder.

Lucky
03-18-2012, 01:52 PM
When you see that back foot lift off the ground as high as you see in Peyton's video (best examples ~ the 10 second and ~ the 23 second mark) and with a swing-around, you know that adequate strength for release of the football is not there.
I looked at this 2010 highlight reel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfsPeGg8EIQ) of Manning, and he already was going with the exaggerated follow-through. He may have been compensating for awhile. Dungy theorized that Manning's injury was the result of a 2006 hit in a game against Washington.

I think the question is, can Manning take a shot to the back, shoulder, or neck and hold up? He's a QB and he will get hit. What are the long term dangers? I realize that Manning has been "medically cleared" and all. No offense, and I think you'll agree that if you ask enough doctors, you'll find one that will tell you what you want to hear.

CloakNNNdagger
03-18-2012, 02:26 PM
I looked at this 2010 highlight reel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfsPeGg8EIQ) of Manning, and he already was going with the exaggerated follow-through. He may have been compensating for awhile. Dungy theorized that Manning's injury was the result of a 2006 hit in a game against Washington.

I think the question is, can Manning take a shot to the back, shoulder, or neck and hold up? He's a QB and he will get hit. What are the long term dangers? I realize that Manning has been "medically cleared" and all. No offense, and I think you'll agree that if you ask enough doctors, you'll find one that will tell you what you want to hear.

No studies have accurately produced NFL re-injury rates following cervical fusion. Even though there was only 1 level fusion in his case, that still translates, with hardware and all, to at least 10% loss of range of neck motion, and additional stress to the vertebrae above and below that fused segment. By this season's opening, the fusion will be a strong as it ever will be, but noone can predict what "the right" hit may do to its integrity or that of the neighboring segments. And that is on top of the fact that the extent of the return of nerve function/muscle strength has not returned to even pre-operative level........and may never. If I were Manning, I'd now be at least equally if not more concerned about the latter problem.

Corrosion
03-18-2012, 03:20 PM
Not even close. Favre was the biggest attention whore in the world and did this for like 3 or 4 offseasons in a row. He was public with his garbage, and he was a wishy washy *****. That dude created his own freakin' bed and thrived off it. It was all about him, all the time.

Peyton's handled this absolutely professionally, and oh, he's only the biggest FA in football history. "No big deal", right?

The way to solve it? Don't watch ESPN. Seriously. Just don't. Life is MUCH better when you don't watch ESPN. And if you do, then watch ESPNews. It's a bit better. But really, just watch the league-specific channels. Or if you're sick of any of these media outlets, then just control your consumption and get your **** online.

Its not Manning making it "Favre Like" its the media doing it .... Like we really give a rats ass if the plane has landed or the van is driving down the damn highway ..... ugh.

Showtime100
03-18-2012, 05:18 PM
This thing with the 49'ers could be getting serious.

In a nutshell Smith has already flown to Miami and talked with the Dolphins. His agent is the same as Manning which could mean his agent told Smith "hey, here's the deal" prompting Smith on a plane.

The Niners can't be faulted for going after Manning and I doubt Smith, after all is said and done, would (actually should) be too butthurt if they tried and failed to get Manning.

Yes, the Niners could end up with neither, or no Manning and a pissed off QB, or Alex Smith after Harbaugh tells him all the disses he endured over the course of his career. I think if Harbaugh could talk Smith off the ledge of the future, it would be Harbaugh. Oh yeah, they could end up with Manning. An upgrade barring the grossest of misjudgments.

LINK (http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-03-18/peyton-manning-alex-smith-dolphins-49ers-nfl-free-agent-2012)

Lucky
03-18-2012, 07:35 PM
This thing with the 49'ers could be getting serious.

In a nutshell Smith has already flown to Miami and talked with the Dolphins. His agent is the same as Manning which could mean his agent told Smith "hey, here's the deal" prompting Smith on a plane.
That makes sense. Though why the agent (Tom Condon) didn't tell Alex Smith that he needed to sign the Niners offer is a mystery. Or a conflict of interest.

Corrosion
03-18-2012, 07:44 PM
That makes sense. Though why the agent (Tom Condon) didn't tell Alex Smith that he needed to sign the Niners offer is a mystery. Or a conflict of interest.

Leverage.

Imagine Manning doesnt sign with the 9ers .... while Smith is entertaining multiple offers.

Lucky
03-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Leverage.

Imagine Manning doesnt sign with the 9ers .... while Smith is entertaining multiple offers.
Smith is the booby prize. If the Niners offer is still on the table, he should jump on it. I seriously doubt it is.

Playoffs
03-19-2012, 10:54 AM
Chris Mortensen ‏ @mortreport Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Manning to Broncos...more coming on Espn

merge into other topic, please :)

michaelm
03-19-2012, 10:55 AM
@AdamSchefter: From @mortreport and me: Peyton Manning will become the next quarterback of the Denver Broncos, barring unexpected snag in contract talks.

@AdamSchefter: Peyton Manning has informed the other teams of his decision.

@AdamSchefter: More filed to ESPN: And now that Peyton Manning has directed his agent to get deal done with Denver, Broncos will try to trade Tim Tebow.

Chance_C
03-19-2012, 10:55 AM
Just reported on The Herd that Peyton was going to the Broncos!

pissknocker
03-19-2012, 10:56 AM
Maybe he thinks that Mile high air will aloow him to throw the ball further. See ya!

michaelm
03-19-2012, 10:58 AM
LOL. 49ers will be in a bind now. They didn't land Manning, but did manage to alienate Alex Smith.

jaayteetx
03-19-2012, 11:00 AM
I was hoping San Fran, just in case he steal has those Manning powers, to stay outta the AFC. Oh well, pretty sure I'll be making the trip up to Denver for the game this year, should be fun.

michaelm
03-19-2012, 11:04 AM
@LanceZierlein: Too bad, so sad, Titans. Good luck with Locker.

ItsMyFault
03-19-2012, 11:04 AM
lol Broncos.

Good luck getting out of the AFC with that group.

Texans, Ravens, Pats and Steelers will still be better.

MojoMan
03-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Texans play @ Denver next season, so that should be something to look forward to.

Playoffs
03-19-2012, 11:07 AM
@LanceZierlein: Too bad, so sad, Titans. Good luck with Locker.I like Locker, personally.

michaelm
03-19-2012, 11:09 AM
lol Broncos.

I'm not so sure about that. The Broncos have a legit defense and running game. They won a weak division with the worst QB to start an NFL game in a long time...
They have some decent receivers, too.

BrandonLwowski
03-19-2012, 11:11 AM
He finalized a deal with the Denver Broncos...Wonder if he will keep the tebow celebration :doot:

Grams
03-19-2012, 11:12 AM
And he gets to play outside in the cold - for each home game.

michaelm
03-19-2012, 11:12 AM
Some more details here.

Peyton Manning will become the next quarterback of the Denver Broncos, barring a snag during intensified contract negotiations that have commenced under the instruction of the four-time MVP to his agent Tom Condon, according to multiple sources.

Once the Manning deal becomes official, Denver will try to trade Tim Tebow, according to sources.

A contract between the two sides is expected to be a formality. Broncos vice president of football operations John Elway and Manning first discussed the parameters of a five-year, $95 million contract during their March 9 meeting in Denver, the first time the former Indianapolis Colts quarterback visited a team during his free agency

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7709195/barring-snag-peyton-manning-picks-denver-broncos-sources-say

ItsMyFault
03-19-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm not so sure about that. The Broncos have a legit defense and running game. They won a weak division with the worst QB to start an NFL game in a long time...
They have some decent receivers, too.

They'll easily win their division, being as weak as it is anyway.

I don't think they're good enough as constructed right now to beat the Ravens, Texans or Patriots.

This all really depends on who they bring in though and how good Peyton really is but I just don't see it.

beerlover
03-19-2012, 11:14 AM
my New England sources imply they might offer up a trade that involves Ryan Mallett for Tebow :)

michaelm
03-19-2012, 11:16 AM
They'll easily win their division, being as weak as it is anyway.

I don't think they're good enough as constructed right now to beat the Ravens, Texans or Patriots.

This all really depends on who they bring in though and how good Peyton really is but I just don't see it.

Interesting that you used Pittsburgh as an example of teams that will be better than the Broncos next year in your earlier post, but left the Steelers off the list of teams the Broncos are constructed to beat.
Is that because the Broncos already beat the Steelers (without Peyton Manning)?

Playoffs
03-19-2012, 11:17 AM
I disagree. Great defense, good run game, great LT, still great QB who'll make receivers work hard to be good. Great K, and no Jacoby ... check all the boxes.

Trap_Star
03-19-2012, 11:17 AM
lol @ titans....miss out on both manning and Mario

Texan_Bill
03-19-2012, 11:18 AM
This is the perfect storm for me. Manning screws Pud Adams and the Tinnbreds offseason while at the same time stirs the old Tebow hornets nest! AWESOMENESS!!!!

SheTexan
03-19-2012, 11:21 AM
Peyton sure likes ponies! :)

ItsMyFault
03-19-2012, 11:23 AM
Interesting that you used Pittsburgh as an example of teams that will be better than the Broncos next year in your earlier post, but left the Steelers off the list of teams the Broncos are constructed to beat.
Is that because the Broncos already beat the Steelers (without Peyton Manning)?

No, not really. I don't think they could've beat a healthy Steelers team last season. That wasn't the real Steelers defense they played in the post season, mainly because they're dinged up. I left them out of my 2nd post because I don't think the Steelers are really a contender per se, but you can never count them out because they're the Steelers... they're always contending. I think the top 3 teams right now would be those 3 that I listed though.

Brisco_County
03-19-2012, 11:23 AM
I would like to think that the Texans ruling the AFC South was the determining factor in this decision.

ItsMyFault
03-19-2012, 11:24 AM
I disagree. Great defense, good run game, great LT, still great QB who'll make receivers work hard to be good. Great K, and no Jacoby ... check all the boxes.

Which of those teams do you think the Broncos can beat even with Peyton as those teams are constructed now? I'm just curious.

ThaShark316
03-19-2012, 11:25 AM
lol Broncos.

Us? Yep.
BAL? Yep
NE? Yep.
PIT? Ehh..dunno.

Playoffs
03-19-2012, 11:33 AM
Which of those teams do you think the Broncos can beat even with Peyton as those teams are constructed now? I'm just curious.
Broncos>Ravens
Broncos already beat Steelers in playoffs w/Tebow
Broncos~=Patriots
Broncos~=Texans

gwallaia
03-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Perhaps the Jags will go for Tebow now.

Malloy
03-19-2012, 11:36 AM
Peyton sure likes ponies! :)

My first thought as well, 'Is he having a go with the horses?' :)

StarStruck
03-19-2012, 11:45 AM
I really thought Peyton would sign with the 49ers, but was curious about how much influence the great former QB Elway could have in the decision as well.

Vinny
03-19-2012, 11:45 AM
Broncos>Ravens
Broncos already beat Steelers in playoffs w/Tebow
Broncos~=Patriots
Broncos~=Texans
Broncos gave up 400 points last season...about a hundred more than everyone on that list sans the Pats (they still gave up 50 more points than the Pats though). They still need to fix that defense.

HoustonFrog
03-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Agree with many that their D is the biggest obstacle. I actually like their WRs and have already heard rumors of Saturday and Dallas Clark looking at Denver.

Ole Miss Texan
03-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Broncos gave up 400 points last season...about a hundred more than everyone on that list sans the Pats (they still gave up 50 more points than the Pats though). They still need to fix that defense.

While they can still improve the defense, just having Peyton Manning at QB should help (assuming healthy). Denver was 30th in 3rd down conversion last year and 27th in turnover margin. It only hurts the defense when the offense can't stay on the field.

HOU-TEX
03-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Perhaps the Jags will go for Tebow now.

Dunno, they've got a lot of money in the position already. They just signed Henne to go along with Carr Jr

Yeah, but that D pretty much carried them towards the end of the season. But you're right, they need some work.

What do they have for WR's besides Decker and Thomas?

Naiirb
03-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Anyone else laughing at Bud and the Titans right now? Congratulations on being a meddlesome owner and trying to go all in before you kick the can Bud. Read their forums for a good laugh. Muahah

Señor Stan
03-19-2012, 12:01 PM
I keep thinking they are calling it the Peyton Manning Derby because he looks like a horse.

Makes sense he would go to the Broncos. They also have a horse on their helmet. Plus, their team president looks like a horse. Add in Sarah Jessica Parker and its a done deal.

Check. Mate.

Ole Miss Texan
03-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Anyone else laughing at Bud and the Titans right now? Congratulations on being a meddlesome owner and trying to go all in before you kick the can Bud. Read their forums for a good laugh. Muahah

Yep! Adams looks like a complete tool right now. That's why I don't like when FO's come out and publicly declare what they are thinking. Adams just gave Manning the royal treatment. "Titan for life"... anything he wanted, a blank check. Write your own salary and you can have it. Manning just spit in his face and said no.

It's like getting in front of the entire school and publicly telling a girl how much you love her and are obsessed with her and you ask her out. And she says thanks but no thanks... I'm gonna date this other guy. :roast:

Second Honeymoon
03-19-2012, 12:13 PM
lol @ titans....miss out on both manning and Mario

Great news. Bumbling Bud strikes again.

I wanted Peyton over Schaub but glad we didn't have to jump through hoops for a couple weeks only to get punked like Titans and 49ers did. That would have been a tough pill and could have damaged managements relationship with Schaub moving forward and hurt our ability to retain and acquire in FA.

Sucks to be Titans fan right about now...dreams have gone up in flames

Vinny
03-19-2012, 12:14 PM
I'm just glad the Manning watch is over...that almost took longer than OJ's Bronco coverage.

GP
03-19-2012, 12:27 PM
And....the Titans spent good coin on Hutchinson, which you think had to be part of luring Manning to the Titans. They got a good o-lineman but they're not better at QB now.

They really messed up by not tanking like the Colts did. I would have figured Bud would have tanked to get the #2 pick, which goes to show that he values sticking it to Houston more than playing a better strategy...he wanted us to not win the AFC South more than him getting a franchise QB in the draft.

Titans fans have to be depressed now.

Dutchrudder
03-19-2012, 12:28 PM
Congratulations to the Broncos on signing the second best Manning brother.

Thorn
03-19-2012, 12:33 PM
* snore *

What's this about Manning?

welsh texan
03-19-2012, 12:33 PM
And....the Titans spent good coin on Hutchinson, which you think had to be part of luring Manning to the Titans. They got a good o-lineman but they're not better at QB now.

They really messed up by not tanking like the Colts did. I would have figured Bud would have tanked to get the #2 pick, which goes to show that he values sticking it to Houston more than playing a better strategy...he wanted us to not win the AFC South more than him getting a franchise QB in the draft.

Titans fans have to be depressed now.

The Titans pushed us pretty hard until gone midseason though didn't they. Weren't a million miles off the playoffs last season and as much as no team can compete with the injuries they overcame, they did lose a lot of key pieces themselves.

But ye.....hahahahahahahaha!!!:lol:

HOU-TEX
03-19-2012, 01:38 PM
I'm just glad the Manning watch is over...that almost took longer than OJ's Bronco coverage.

Yes......but now we get to endure Tebow Watch

Thorn
03-19-2012, 01:40 PM

NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :overreact:

ObsiWan
03-19-2012, 02:14 PM

You just HAD to go and ruin it didn't you??
:toropalm:

GP
03-19-2012, 02:20 PM
You know, I think Tim Tebow would flourish here.

Tebow to the Texans. Has a ring to it! And McNair likes "good guys" at QB.

:stirpot:

Mr teX
03-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Some more details here.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7709195/barring-snag-peyton-manning-picks-denver-broncos-sources-say

A contract between the two sides is expected to be a formality. Broncos vice president of football operations John Elway and Manning first discussed the parameters of a five-year, $95 million contract during their March 9 meeting in Denver, the first time the former Indianapolis Colts quarterback visited a team during his free agency

Screw the grainy video of him throwing at Duke, He must really look good in person for them to throw out that kind of coin to get him....

Thorn
03-19-2012, 02:37 PM

:stirpot:

If you weren't just messing with our heads, it'd very easy to hate you for this. :lol:

Vinny
03-19-2012, 03:09 PM

:stirpot:That would be like attracting David Carr fans on steroids. Just think of how many Hulk75's would hit the boards. I'm sure the Tebow boyband-like fans are all cutting Manning, Bronco management and the other Bronco football fans to shreds on the Bronco boards as we speak.

HOU-TEX
03-19-2012, 03:17 PM
That would be like attracting David Carr fans on steroids. Just think of how many Hulk75's would hit the boards. I'm sure the Tebow boyband-like fans are all cutting Manning to shreds on the Bronco boards as we speak.

The Tebow fanclub is blowing up both he and Elway on Twitter

GP
03-19-2012, 03:48 PM
If you weren't just messing with our heads, it'd very easy to hate you for this. :lol:

I have to admit, I was chuckling very loudly as I typed out that post. I only did it because there will undoubtedly be 6 or 7 people who will HONESTLY propose the same idea.

That would be like attracting David Carr fans on steroids. Just think of how many Hulk75's would hit the boards. I'm sure the Tebow boyband-like fans are all cutting Manning, Bronco management and the other Bronco football fans to shreds on the Bronco boards as we speak.

There's going to be a stoning in Denver. And they got a LOT of rocks and boulders to toss there. Elway should stay away from Denver until about mid-October.

GP
03-19-2012, 03:51 PM
The Tebow fanclub is blowing up both he and Elway on Twitter

If they're going to be THAT butt-hurt about it, then it shows a level of ignorance beyond my comprehension.

If their guy is THAT good, then he should do well with any of the other 30 teams (since we won't be one of them). Let's see what he can do somewhere else.

Miami and Jacksonville are still my top two destinations for him. I actually think Jacksonville would be best, since he'd have MJD doing all the heavy lifting. They could built that offense around Tebow and have a cult following to drive up attendance. I mean, the Tebow college-era fans would flock and buy tickets to see their hero in an NFL game.

Miami would be OK, too, but I think Jax is better since they have a Grade A running back in MJD. That's worth its weight in gold when you have a QB who is also prone to run or needs pocket passing skills "masked" on game day.

ObsiWan
03-19-2012, 03:54 PM
I have to admit, I was chuckling very loudly as I typed out that post. I only did it because there will undoubtedly be 6 or 7 people who will HONESTLY propose the same idea.

There's going to be a stoning in Denver. And they got a LOT of rocks and boulders to toss there. Elway should stay away from Denver until about mid-October of 2015.

Fixed it for ya...
:D

GP
03-19-2012, 04:10 PM
Fixed it for ya...
:D

LOL. I literally laughed out loud.

Nicely played.

Winning cures everything. And they haven't lost anything by losing Tebow, so they should cheer up. All Tebow did was wait until the 4th quarter, then he'd run around and scramble so much that defense got tired...then one of the Broncos WRs or TEs would slip past defenders into a soft space in the zone and Tebow would throw an easy pass to them. Over and over.

Teams are going to figure Tebow out, much like the Pats did in the playoffs. That was the model of how you do it against him. Tebow will adapt or he will not overcome. He has to grow as a QB or he'll be out in 2 years.

Rey
03-19-2012, 04:38 PM
This was a pretty fast move by Peyton all things considered...

If he is just 70-80% of what he was before he sat out the Broncos (He goes from one horse to another) are going to be a scary team to face...

Vinny
03-19-2012, 05:11 PM
This was a pretty fast move by Peyton all things considered...

If he is just 70-80% of what he was before he sat out the Broncos (He goes from one horse to another) are going to be a scary team to face...
Carson Palmer, Phillip Rivers and now Peyton Manning all in the AFC West. All of a sudden the divison has a different look going into next season.

CloakNNNdagger
03-19-2012, 08:08 PM
Every patient following cervical fusion that I know has experienced fits in extremely cold weather.........many of those fits debilitating. The end of the season, if Manning makes it that far, will likely be far from pleasant for him.

bckey
03-19-2012, 08:14 PM
Every patient following cervical fusion that I know has experienced fits in extremely cold weather.........many of those fits debilitating. The end of the season, if Manning makes it that far, will likely be far from pleasant for him.

Wow Cloak you would figure Manning would have been informed of this by his doctor or one of the many medical staffs that examined him. This could be a huge story in the 2012 season.

Texan_Bill
03-19-2012, 08:18 PM

WOW Doc, that's exactly oppo of what I was thinking. Seriously, I would guess that a neck injury would be more in jeopardy in the cold, ERRR Brisk cold v. the heat & humidity of anywhere south (i.e. Florida, Carolina, etc that isnt under a climate controlled stadium...)

Intersting to say the least!

GP
03-19-2012, 08:22 PM
He'll be on pain killers, so he won't care.

jaayteetx
03-19-2012, 08:27 PM
He'll be on pain killers, so he won't care.

Exactly what I was thinking.

CloakNNNdagger
03-19-2012, 09:40 PM
That's not how it's likely to play out for him to function very effectively when, as in this case, there is a combination of muscle spasm pain, bone pain and nerve pain working altogether in those conditions.........and that is without accounting for the additional trauma sustained during play.

TheMatrix31
03-19-2012, 10:14 PM
Absolutely awesome that Peyton goes to Denver.

Vinny
03-20-2012, 12:00 AM
https://p.twimg.com/AoZv1eUCAAEaf16.jpg:large

GP
03-20-2012, 09:44 AM
Lol!

HoustonFrog
03-20-2012, 10:15 AM
I'm not sure if this has been posted..didn't see it...but Simmons did a podcast with Mike Lombardi who was saying Texans should have chased Manning but trading Shaub to Skins for pick....just a blurb in beginning

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7710107

GP
03-20-2012, 10:24 AM
I'm not sure if this has been posted..didn't see it...but Simmons did a podcast with Mike Lombardi who was saying Texans should have chased Manning but trading Shaub to Skins for pick....just a blurb in beginning

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7710107

Interesting.

I don't see Redskins wanting to acquire Lisfranc Schaub. Now, if he had never been hurt...another story, but then again there'd be now way Kubiak would deal Schaub if Schaub had been healthy.

It's just a given that this team is going to stick it out with what we have at QB. Whether he is hurt, healthy, or not playing well...they were going to stick with Matt Schaub no matter what.

If Denver goes 13-3 in 2012, there will be chatter out there that the Texans missed an opportunity with Manning. Hopefully we'll also be rocking and rolling in 2012 and it won't be a problem. I can just see it now, though....

HoustonFrog
03-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Interesting.

I don't see Redskins wanting to acquire Lisfranc Schaub. Now, if he had never been hurt...another story, but then again there'd be now way Kubiak would deal Schaub if Schaub had been healthy.

It's just a given that this team is going to stick it out with what we have at QB. Whether he is hurt, healthy, or not playing well...they were going to stick with Matt Schaub no matter what.

If Denver goes 13-3 in 2012, there will be chatter out there that the Texans missed an opportunity with Manning. Hopefully we'll also be rocking and rolling in 2012 and it won't be a problem. I can just see it now, though....

Yeah so basically they were saying Manning would have wantd to be with Texans if there was a chance. Then they discuss Schaub trading to Skins or Miami. Lombardi was saying it could/should have been done but was a little too complicated than staying pat, which they chose to do.

Dutchrudder
03-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Yeah so basically they were saying Manning would have wantd to be with Texans if there was a chance. Then they discuss Schaub trading to Skins or Miami. Lombardi was saying it could/should have been done but was a little too complicated than staying pat, which they chose to do.

We couldn't come close to the amount of money offered by the Titans, 49ers or Broncos. Reportedly the Broncos will pay him up to 95 million over 5 years. Trading Schaub frees up about 7 million to use to sign Manning, cutting Jacoby would save about 4 more, not signing Myers would save about 5. So with 16 million, we were supposed to sign Manning and Saturday? We were too cash strapped for that, and probably couldn't get anyone else. It wasn't gonna happy without a lot of generosity on Peyton's part, and I don't think we would have been his top option in that case. Him and all his buddies are going to Denver now, which will make that team good.

ObsiWan
03-20-2012, 11:17 AM
LOL. I literally laughed out loud.

Nicely played.

Winning cures everything. And they haven't lost anything by losing Tebow, so they should cheer up. All Tebow did was wait until the 4th quarter, then he'd run around and scramble so much that defense got tired...then one of the Broncos WRs or TEs would slip past defenders into a soft space in the zone and Tebow would throw an easy pass to them. Over and over.

Teams are going to figure Tebow out, much like the Pats did in the playoffs. That was the model of how you do it against him. Tebow will adapt or he will not overcome. He has to grow as a QB or he'll be out in 2 years.

If Timmy has the work ethic his supporters (and Tebow himself) say he does, then he should beg Elway to let him play out my rookie contract behind the Peyton. Who better to learn from?

He could watch/study Manning's every move. Learn from him how to prep for an upcoming opponent. Learn from him how to read defenses at the line and study their tendencies and exploit their weaknesses. If he does that, when Manning calls it quits (I give him two good years) then he'll be ready - like Aaron Rodgers was ready - to step right in and take command.

He sure as heck won't learn how to be a proficient QB from John Fox.

Texan_Bill
03-20-2012, 11:33 AM
We couldn't come close to the amount of money offered by the Titans, 49ers or Broncos. Reportedly the Broncos will pay him up to 95 million over 5 years. Trading Schaub frees up about 7 million to use to sign Manning, cutting Jacoby would save about 4 more, not signing Myers would save about 5. So with 16 million, we were supposed to sign Manning and Saturday? We were too cash strapped for that, and probably couldn't get anyone else. It wasn't gonna happy without a lot of generosity on Peyton's part, and I don't think we would have been his top option in that case. Him and all his buddies are going to Denver now, which will make that team good.

96, but hey, what's a mill here or there? :heh:

ObsiWan
03-20-2012, 11:34 AM
https://p.twimg.com/AoZv1eUCAAEaf16.jpg:large

Dammit!!!
Must spread rep!!

infantrycak
03-20-2012, 11:35 AM
If Timmy has the work ethic his supporters (and Tebow himself) say he does, then he should beg Elway to let him play out my rookie contract behind the Peyton. Who better to learn from?

He could watch/study Manning's every move. Learn from him how to prep for an upcoming opponent. Learn from him how to read defenses at the line and study their tendencies and exploit their weaknesses. If he does that, when Manning calls it quits (I give him two good years) then he'll be ready - like Aaron Rodgers was ready - to step right in and take command.

He sure as heck won't learn how to be a proficient QB from John Fox.

While understanding the idea here I just think they are too polar opposite as QBs for that to work. Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre started off as much more similar QBs. Tebow is never going to turn into the uber intellect uber short release QB that is Manning no matter how much he watches him. Sure he will learn something one would assume. Frankly Schaub would have a 1000% better chance of learning from watching Manning.

Vinny
03-20-2012, 12:14 PM
While understanding the idea here I just think they are too polar opposite as QBs for that to work. Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre started off as much more similar QBs. Tebow is never going to turn into the uber intellect uber short release QB that is Manning no matter how much he watches him. Sure he will learn something one would assume. Frankly Schaub would have a 1000% better chance of learning from watching Manning.
I agree. Tebow can learn all he wants but he can't make those throws. Its like thinking that Dom Davis could have learned to be a power back from watching more Earl Campbell videos.

HoustonFrog
03-20-2012, 01:25 PM
I agree. Tebow can learn all he wants but he can't make those throws. Its like thinking that Dom Davis could have learned to be a power back from watching more Earl Campbell videos.

I also think that alot of it deals with the Tebow fans out there. You keep Tebow as a backup and you still have people asking for him to play and Elway wanting him gone. This is a tidy way for the Broncos to split ties with a legitimate "better" option.

GP
03-20-2012, 01:56 PM
I don't think Tebow has the chops to "learn" from Manning. Manning has a personality and an attitude that Tebow doesn't have. Whereas Manning is thinking 250 steps ahead of his opponent, Tebow only flourishes when the defense is tired and Tebow can free-style it out there.

He could watch Manning, cut his hair like Manning, and eat the same things like Manning, and he is never going to BE near that caliber. Tebow's best bet is to get back to Florida and make magic with Jax or Miami, except Garrard is now on the Dolphins and I bet they go with him as QB1. That leaves Jax, and frankly he's better than Gabbert which says a lot (or little, whichever you prefer) about what Gabbert is right now. He can't stay in Denver. Elway won't let that happen. And if he is cut, he goes through waivers (doesn't he?). Trade the guy to someone and get a mid-rounder out of it. Be done with him. Move on. It's best for all involved, especially Elway and Manning and the rest of the team.

So much for Manning saying he'll work on-the-cheap to help teams out if they're scared about his neck. $96 million! I wonder if that involves a lot of carefully-worded clauses pertaining to him earning that money based on the neck status...if he cannot perform due to neck, nerve-ending, throwing problems, etc., then Broncos get off the hook????

This is a problem for me because our local CBS station, up until last year, aired Broncos games instead of Texans games. Can u believe that??? It's true. Now, with Manning there in Denver, if the Texans lose a few games early in reg season...my Amarillo CBS affiliate will air Broncos games for sure. And this year I was going to cancel Sunday Ticket too. Dammit. :(

Showtime100
03-20-2012, 03:25 PM

Well, the Bronco chase at least seemed long from where I was. I was in a bar off Richmond and 300 Rockets fans were getting ready to take it out on the poor owner of the bar and the bar itself unless they (NBC I think) switched it back to the Finals. Wow, what a mess that could have been.

Anyway, I was impressed today when I read he actually apologized for it taking so long. Brett Favre must have fallen off his chair when he heard that....lol.

TheMatrix31
03-20-2012, 05:19 PM
So ridiculous that he has to apologize for it "taking so long".

It was 2 weeks. Two weeks for the biggest FA in football history (sorry, Reggie White) to decide on his next home. Oh the horror!

People need to get over themselves.

Showtime100
03-20-2012, 05:33 PM

It was 2 weeks. Two weeks for the biggest FA in football history (sorry, Reggie White) to decide on his next home. Oh the horror!

That's what I thought was so funny. There was no apology necessary, imo. Other players would have milked this thing until July and loved every minute of it with no acknowledgement of dragging it out in any way.

ThaShark316
03-20-2012, 05:35 PM

Agreed, but you gotta remember the era we live in: Undiagnosed ADD and a total lack of patience are prevalent these days.

Vinny
03-20-2012, 05:40 PM
I don't think we are much better off with the Tebow hand wringing replacing the Manning obsession in the media.

False Start
03-20-2012, 05:46 PM
I was bored, so .... Fivehead as a Bronco

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/Peyton-Manningbroncocopy.jpg:

Vinny
03-20-2012, 05:53 PM
I was bored, so .... Fivehead as a Bronco
speaking of that, I couldn't get over how big his head was compared to Elway was when he they showed him working out for the Broncos earlier last week.

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2012/0316/20120316_114038_ManningElway031712.jpghttp://cbsdenver.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/elway-and-manning.jpg?w=300 https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTY0B1MhP72EdOrZ5ThT08Q6WGuGel-z_9GaH3O18faG1nldB8y8g

Nawzer
03-20-2012, 06:03 PM
Peyton is a big dude with a big head.

GlassHalfFull
03-20-2012, 06:35 PM
Peyton is a big dude with a big head.

most of his head is forehead. I think his forehead has it's own zipcode.

bigfan77801
03-20-2012, 06:37 PM
most of his head is forehead. I think his forehead has it's own zipcode.

He doesn't have a forehead, he has a fivehead.

False Start
03-20-2012, 07:37 PM
speaking of that, I couldn't get over how big his head was compared to Elway was when he they showed him working out for the Broncos earlier last week.

His head is so big he doesn't have dreams he has movies. :heh:

False Start
03-20-2012, 08:22 PM
I wonder if part of Peyton's deal is that the Broncos agreed to used this logo?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-f1UaW6GwbSQ/TzRb5DrHoFI/AAAAAAAABaw/qG1ZCi_oR8M/s320/broncos2.jpg

Peyton Manning’s face on all 32 NFL logos (http://daveartlocker.blogspot.com/2012/02/manning-face.html)

I know its been around, but I sill get a kick out of them.

The Texans.... :wadepalm:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DHLtOtaMCY0/TzRb4D3HBiI/AAAAAAAABag/WPMLzjY36vk/s320/Texannings.jpg

GlassHalfFull
03-21-2012, 10:38 PM
Man’s obituary says he wanted to die before Broncos acquired Peyton Manning (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/man-obituary-says-wanted-die-broncos-acquired-peyton-230608456.html#more-id)

A Denver Broncos fan died on Monday, before he had to see his beloved team sign one of his least favorite players.

According to his obituary in the Columbia Daily Tribune, 78-year-old Jim Driver "wanted out" before he had to see Peyton Manning don a Broncos jersey. This is the lead paragraph from that obit:

James H. "Jim" Driver, 78, of Eagle, Colo., formerly of Columbia, passed away Monday, March 19, 2012, at South Hampton Place in Columbia after a brief illness. An avid Broncos fan, he abhorred Manning and evidently wanted out before a deal was done.

That's all sorts of fantastic. You know the old adage: If you're gonna go out, go out with some style and/or by taking a shot at the player you hate the most.

:roast:

TheMatrix31
03-22-2012, 04:59 AM
What a loser.

HoustonFrog
03-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Jeff Saturday is signing with Packers so there goes the security blanket

Rey
03-23-2012, 12:00 PM

That sounds like something you'd say about a te.

CloakNNNdagger
03-23-2012, 12:57 PM

That sounds like something you'd say about a te.

I don't believe the absence of Saturday in Manning's game can be understated. As has been reported in the past, Saturday is the only center to have called audibles. He would routinely point out blitzers to the rest of the lineman. That's why you saw almost as much movement from Saturday before snaps as Manning. Besides that, the rest of Manning's Oline typically allowed him quite a bit of time to get rid of the ball and remain upright, not withstanding his quick release. I doubt that we see the return of the ultra-confident Manning, no matter what his health status may be.

infantrycak
03-23-2012, 01:35 PM
I don't believe the absence of Saturday in Manning's game can be understated. As has been reported in the past, Saturday is the only center to have called audibles. He would routinely point out blitzers to the rest of the lineman. That's why you saw almost as much movement from Saturday before snaps as Manning. Besides that, the rest of Manning's Oline typically allowed him quite a bit of time to get rid of the ball and remain upright, not withstanding his quick release. I doubt that we see the return of the ultra-confident Manning, no matter what his health status may be.

Let's see if Saturday gets as much deference from the officials for all his pre-snap movement. Probably so since he will be hiking to another star.

CloakNNNdagger
03-23-2012, 01:42 PM
Cak, here's a piece from Colts.com that I found interesting about Saturday's importance:

For the past 13 years, it could be argued that Jeff Saturday has been the classiest player in the National Football League. When one says, "Jeff Saturday," smiling eyes, a friendly grin, a hearty laugh, and an unquestioned work ethic instantly come to mind. The Colts have to make a decision about him soon, and surprisingly, many fans are divided over what course of action to take. So, I asked my Heart and my Mind if they thought that the Colts should bring their hardy center back to the squad for a fourteenth season.

I put the question to my Heart and Mind this way: "What do you think the Indianapolis Colts should do with Jeff Saturday? Re-sign him or release him?"

My Mind began the discussion. "Jeff Saturday will be over 37 years old when the 2012 season even kicks off, and the average age of starting centers in the league is 28.8 years of age. Jeff is over the average by a good many years. It's time for him to hang up the cleats, because in 2012 he'll be a better NFLPA negotiator than he'll be a blocker. I think the Colts realize that. He should not be re-signed."

My Heart was shocked. "Mind, I can't believe I actually heard you say that. Do you realize that in the years 2000-2010 Jeff Saturday gave up only 7.5 sacks? That's less than a sack a season! And on top of that, two of those came in 2008 when he was injured! Also, in 576 quarterback drop-backs this year, Jeff only gave up 11 pressures. Pressures, not sacks. That's one pressure every 52 drop-backs, or the equivalent of less than one a game. He is an integral part of this team, and deserves a contract if he wants one."

"Yes, Heart," my Mind replied, "But the Colts running game has struggled under Saturday, averaging 3.3 yards a rush during that same 2000-2010 span. And the Colts drafted 3 offensive line players in the last two years and have shaken up the whole deal in the front five. There's not much room for aging veterans on the squad, either. The signs are there, Heart."

"As far as the running game goes, Mind," my Heart retorted, "The Colts dropped one whole yard per run in 2008 when Saturday was out. And during the 2009 season, there were only 4 stuffs on 81 carries when they ran up the gut behind Saturday, or an average of good runs 95% of the time they ran behind him. Also, when the Colts runners toted the pigskin behind Jeff Saturday, they averaged 4.6 yards a carry and scored nine touchdowns. That's pretty good, Mind. And don't forget about the mental aspect Jeff Saturday brings. He must know the plays as well as Peyton, understand Peyton's audibles, and call his own audibles to the offensive line so they can adjust to the play call. No other center in the league has that mental pressure play by play."link (http://forums.colts.com/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=75&showentry=128&k=bb2fe024f8a71424996db6d9af08c1fc&settingNewSkin=2)

Showtime100
03-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Cak, here's a piece from Colts.com that I found interesting about Saturday's importance:

link (http://forums.colts.com/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=75&showentry=128&k=bb2fe024f8a71424996db6d9af08c1fc&settingNewSkin=2)

Interesting writing angle. High marks for creativity, high marks for creepiness. :hide:

2000-2010 Jeff Saturday gave up only 7.5 sacks? That's less than a sack a season! And on top of that, two of those came in 2008 when he was injured! Also, in 576 quarterback drop-backs this year, Jeff only gave up 11 pressures.

Jeff was a one-man line?

Me thinks everyday is Saturday for this guy.