PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning Derby (Signs with Broncos)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

majestrate
03-09-2012, 03:55 PM
...The Colts are letting Manning go because they are willing to do something the Texans management have never really done - TAKE RISKS...
IMO, the Colts released Manning because Irsay wants to change how the team is run, and as long as #18 is there, that won't happen, he's done too much. I don't think it's entirely about risk avoidance, nor management.

Thorn
03-09-2012, 03:58 PM
I don't want The Forehead on our team, because then we would cease to be "The Texans" and become "Mannings new Team".

Do. Not. Want.

DonnyMost
03-09-2012, 04:08 PM
http://youtu.be/GOVAiFAmLc4

anyone questioning the validity of this video should be informed that peytons qb coach is Duke HC, David Cutcliffe..

Nobody is saying that isn't Peyton Manning.

What we're saying is that the video doesn't tell us enough to make any kind of determination.

Just like a video of Schaub running wouldn't.

Let's see some workout evals and team physicals passed for BOTH of them.

Texn4life
03-09-2012, 04:12 PM
But the Texans have access to both Schaub and his doctors, and have throughout the entire process. Not even the Colts have that any longer as it relates to Peyton.

True, but as CND has stated here there's so much uncertainty as to how Schaub will bounce back once he's able to actually starting walking and running on it. I don't think its a reach at all to say its a crap shoot with banking on Schaub this year.

ckhouston
03-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Would it make you feel better if I showed you a grainy 27 second youtube video of Schaub walking around without a boot? That has to mean he's totally NFL ready, right?

Never said he wouldnt walk again, just dont think he will play again. Takes little to walk, but much to plant, roll-out, scramble ... oh well scratch the scramble he doesnt do that anyway, but to move at game speed takes a slow guy like Matt extra effort and we dont know if this injury will heal to a point to be able to sustain that. We will see, I just would not personally bet on him ever playing again, and if he does maybe as a back-up for someone other than the Texans. Hey even Carr got a ring as a back-up, so Matt has hope.

False Start
03-09-2012, 05:45 PM
There are people on the radio saying that they will never forgive the Texans if they dont sign Manning... some people are just....ducking fumb. :kubepalm:

Kimmy
03-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Chris Mortensen ‏ @mortreport Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Even though #Texans have not jumped in and reportedly won't, they likely would be the heavy favorite if they expressed interest. #NFL32

3m Chris Mortensen ‏ @mortreport Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Manning's trip not a negotiation; does not reflect Broncos as 1st choice, per sources. It's Manning research. Other trips planned. #NFL32

10m Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Peyton Manning's trip west to Denver is expected to include other visits, such as the Arizona Cardinals, @mortreport and I are told.

I saw that, too. I think Peyton wants nothing more than to show the Colts he CAN play and WIN. I can't think of how much sweeter it would be for him to do it inside the division.

I think he wants to come here. I would gladly take a chance on it, but like others have posted, just don't see it happening with the numbers we're up against.

Kimmy
03-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Saw Mortensen on NFL32 and he flat out stated that if the Texans were in it, he'd be a Texan.

He's also the one who bore the story ... I wonder if he is working through Manning? Maybe Manning's way of telling the Texans, hey, I wanna come there. :thinking:

jaayteetx
03-09-2012, 06:12 PM
There are people on the radio saying that they will never forgive the Texans if they dont sign Manning... some people are just....ducking fumb. :kubepalm:

don't listen, I'm surprised some of em can even use a phone to tell ya the truth

False Start
03-09-2012, 06:20 PM
don't listen, I'm surprised some of em can even use a phone to tell ya the truth

I'm tellin ya. I had it on in the truck on the way home. I just turned it off after about 5 minutes, and jammed some Hank Sr.

drs23
03-09-2012, 06:54 PM
Just because the Colts don't want him back doesn't mean Manning isn't still an elite QB. True enough he is in the twilight years of his career, but I think he still has it in him to win at least 1 more Super Bowl before he retires. Why can't that be with the Texans? The Colts are letting Manning go because they are willing to do something the Texans management have never really done - TAKE RISKS. The Colts realize that Luck may be one of the future elite QB of the NFL and are willing to let their franchise QB so that they can start to build around him. The Texans are happy to play it safe, make minor adjustments while everyone around them is getting better by doing all they can to make their team the best it can possibly be.
I just get so frustrated with the way this team is ran. How could they not even consider getting Manning. Unbelievable!

Sounds like a homerun! We could/should be next season's DREAM TEAM!

:sarcasm:

leebigeztx
03-09-2012, 07:41 PM
18 Indianapolis Colts 16 28.1 450 446 27.9 1,706 3.8 106.6 19 23 119 26.7 4 0 1

22 Houston Texans 16 23.7 379 417 26.1 1,586 3.8 99.1 12 41 96 23.0 7 1 4

theory destroyed.

So the colts out ran the texans by 12 yds per game,but outscored them by 5ppg? That proves my theory and what I've said. Foster ran for 1600 yds and 16 tds a year earlier,ad the colts still outscored the texans.

Dutchrudder
03-09-2012, 07:53 PM
This trip to Denver seals it for Manning, he's definitely going to the Texans. He's just making a detour to Denver to make it easier for Kubes to sign him. I bet he has a workout at Colorado State too!

:kitten:

Hervoyel
03-09-2012, 10:28 PM
This trip to Denver seals it for Manning, he's definitely going to the Texans. He's just making a detour to Denver to make it easier for Kubes to sign him. I bet he has a workout at Colorado State too!

:kitten:

msr

That's just crazy enough to be possible.

Napa Auto Parts
03-10-2012, 12:47 AM
Anybody know when Manning visits the Texans.

Premier
03-10-2012, 05:46 AM
Originally Posted by DonnyMost
The Skins would give us quite a haul for Schaub

The whole point is that the Redskins *like* Schaub, which we have many reasons to believe is true. They're not in the market for a QB to draft in this scenario. Shannahan wants to and needs to win *now*, and I'm guessing he trusts a Kubiak groomed QB over a rookie to save his career any day.

How are they going to get a "better package" by trading up?

Originally Posted by Premier
"better package" as in

RG3>>>>Schaub

Why would they trade up if everyone ahead of them, besides Indy, isn't the market for a QB? How is that a better "package"? Giving away assets to receive a pick that you were going to get anyway?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7668243/source-washington-redskins-acquire-no-2-overall-pick-st-louis-rams

washington gave up this years 1st and 2nd and two future 1st rounders for Rams #2 pick, looks like RG3 will be a Redskin..

b0ng
03-10-2012, 11:16 AM
you proved him wrong, but whats your point?? that youre a good fact checker??? both run games were pedestrian, in the bottom half of the league, and a little over 100 yds separating them.. still waiting for your point..

Point is Schaub has not had a better running game every single year he's been a starter for the Texans than Peyton Manning.

Doesn't matter though because guess what:

We aren't going to get rid of Schaub for Peyton Manning, and all the hemming and hawwing on this forum by you and others is pretty much for naught since you know this as well as I do.

But hey, keep makin posts, maybe Rick Smith has a lurker account here and wants to know what forums poster "Premier" has to say about the situation.

Rey
03-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Sage Rosenfels would likely have been close (or actually achieved) to having a couple 4,000 yard seasons in '07 and '08 if he had played all 16 games.

Playoffs
03-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Anybody know when Manning visits the Texans.Sometime between Sept-Dec 2012 when JJ's gonna test out how the new neck handles whiplash. :bat:

GP
03-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Broncos want Manning. I think he gets the deal done with them over this weekend and press conference early next week. And the biggest "tip off" is the Jets curious move to all of a sudden retain Sanchez and get him long-term. I'll discuss that at the end of this novel.

Go To Your Favorite Choice First...
There's a reason he chose to fly to Denver first, choosing to visit Broncos first before going anywhere else...he and his agent probably have a gut feeling that Denver will pay him what he wants and then they'll ship out Tim Tebow via a trade (the speculation in some circles is Tebow returns to Florida and becomes a Jaguar via trade). Some think they'd retain Tebow to learn under Manning and that there would be no problem with that idea...I think, however, everyone knows the fans in Denver have to be united and not divided by watching Manning and always wondering if Timmy makes a comeback IF Manning starts cracking up early on in the reg season. They cannot coexist, and it's because of the Tebow fans. It's Vince Young version 2.0 all over again--Fans who are in love with the player and not the TEAM first and foremost.

The Jaguars might not be interested in trading for Tebow, though, with the new owner likely trying to just roll with what they have and not bleed out any draft picks when they need those draft picks desperately right now. Dolphins might be a team interested in Tebow, though.

Process of elimination, doing the easy math...
Jets are out of the running, sticking with Sanchez.

Redksins are out, as well, trading up to draft #2 and grab RG3.

That leaves, IMO, the Broncos (the leading candidate), the Cardinals, and the Dolphins in last place (Kansas City is also mentioned, but I don't see it happening at all).

The Cardinals are in the NFC, and it's been widely held that he wants to stay in the AFC. I think they're eliminated for that reason.

Leaves us with Broncos and Dolphins, and KC with an outside shot.

Broncos have a better fan base than the Dolphins, IMO, and the AFC West (KC, Oak & SD) is traditionally softer than the AFC East (Pats, Jets & sometimes the troublesome Bills). The Broncos have a rising defense, a somewhat steady running game, and could solidify their WR squad in the draft or free agency...recruiting guys like Dallas Clark and maybe even Reggie Wayne if they're lucky. That would bolster the team immediately, and then they still have the draft to find guys.

Why the Broncos make the most sense compared to Dolphins and maybe KC...
Manning has a fellow HOF'er in Elway who would have his back the whole way. Tebow was not Elway's pick...that pick was the Josh McDaniels era. John Fox is as soft as they come in terms of being a laid back, rah-rah clap his hands and chew his gum HC. He'll bow to Manning to let Manning design the whole freaking offense around what he (Manning) wants to do.

The Broncos fans will be rocking it as Manning leads that team down the field at home games. They'll soon forget Tebow who couldn't get more than 18 0r 20 yards passing Quarters 1, 2, and 3...and then ran around and pulled stuff out of his ass in the final 10 minutes of games.

Yeah, I once said I thought the Jets would be the team...but now that they're out and now that I see all the things developing...it's the Broncos.

Why the Jets retained Sanchez this weekend...
And it's curious that the Jets JUST NOW dropped out of the Manning Derby. Why now? Because they have inside information that says Manning is as good as a Broncos...it's just an issue of getting the contract signed and sealed.

GP
03-10-2012, 01:50 PM

When the Broncos come to Reliant in 2012, which I think is toward the end of the season.

I think Peyton chooses the Broncos. He went there first because of reasons I stated in my extra long post.

I wouldn't want to play for the Dolphins if I were him. Yeah, there's no state income tax and it's warm and by the beach. But Manning doesn't strike me as a guy who cares about less taxes and hitting the beach. Denver is a historically rabid NFL town...it's Indy but with mountains and trees and a cooler social scene for him and his family. Who the hell wouldn't want to set up a sweet, massive mountainside home in Denver if you could afford it?

#18 on the back of the Broncos jersey, IMO. All they way. Broncos fans will jizz themselves over it. First true QB since Elway, and now Elway is leading the way to get that HOF'er QB for the fans. Tebow will be a tiny footnote on the epic ass of Elway. He wants him gone. Always has and he'll get that schit done for sure, to make sure of it. That's my theory.

Premier
03-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Point is Schaub has not had a better running game every single year he's been a starter for the Texans than Peyton Manning.

Doesn't matter though because guess what:

We aren't going to get rid of Schaub for Peyton Manning, and all the hemming and hawwing on this forum by you and others is pretty much for naught since you know this as well as I do.

But hey, keep makin posts, maybe Rick Smith has a lurker account here and wants to know what forums poster "Premier" has to say about the situation.

Did i hurt your feelings..

Vinny
03-10-2012, 01:58 PM
December 21, 2012

SCOTTexans
03-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Wait, you arent trying to say that we are a pass first team and all of our success is only attributed to the two good years Matt has had in his eight year career are you? Should we cut Foster and Tate to sign Matt to a 10 year extension? We are a running football team "now" ... it isn't 2009. I love that people have to go back to prove Matt's worth. I will do the same with Yates ... I will go back to when he was a rookie and won the only playoff game in franchise history.

Looks to me like he was saying Schaub led a 4th over-all Offense without a running game. So now that we have the running weapons, he can do only but improve.

Last yr
Schaub - 10 games 292 att 178 comp 2479 yards 15 Td

Yates - 6 games 134 att 82 comp 949 yards 3 Td

I think he proved himself last yr

Speedy
03-10-2012, 07:52 PM

I'm tellin ya. I had it on in the truck on the way home. I just turned it off after about 5 minutes, and jammed some Hank Sr.

LOL! I'm afraid it isn't much better on a message board either.

TEXANRED
03-10-2012, 10:28 PM
Looks to me like he was saying Schaub led a 4th over-all Offense without a running game. So now that we have the running weapons, he can do only but improve.

Last yr
Schaub - 10 games 292 att 178 comp 2479 yards 15 Td

Yates - 6 games 134 att 82 comp 949 yards 3 Td

I think he proved himself last yr

The only thing Schaub proved last year was he can't be counted on to stay on the field. 3 out of his five years playing here he has ended up on injured reserve.

He is like having that co-worker that is bad ass and gets things done when they are there but always calls in sick and misses work.

Commodore
03-10-2012, 11:04 PM
Has any member of the Texans' organization said publicly they are not pursuing Manning?

You would think they'd want to quash those rumors quickly.

Lucky
03-10-2012, 11:37 PM
Has any member of the Texans' organization said publicly they are not pursuing Manning?

What rumors have the Texans pursuing Manning? Why quash rumors that don't exist?

Ryan
03-11-2012, 01:33 AM
The only thing Schaub proved last year was he can't be counted on to stay on the field. 3 out of his five years playing here he has ended up on injured reserve.

He is like having that co-worker that is bad ass and gets things done when they are there but always calls in sick and misses work.

He's only been IR'd this year.

redwhiteblue
03-11-2012, 07:28 AM
When the Broncos come to Reliant in 2012, which I think is toward the end of the season.

Texans play in Denver this fall

jaayteetx
03-11-2012, 09:31 AM

They don't need to, it's rather obvious.

Señor Stan
03-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Getting Peyton Manning to Denver is step 1 of getting Peyton Manning to Houston. FACT

DX-TEX
03-11-2012, 11:30 AM
Getting Peyton Manning to Denver is step 1 of getting Peyton Manning to Houston. FACT

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/002/144/fry.jpg

Lucky
03-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Which is step 2 of getting Peyton to Washington. THEORY.

Doppelganger
03-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Once manning signs with Denver, how long will it take for someone to create a trade for tebow thread?!

PapaL
03-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Once manning signs with Denver, how long will it take for someone to create a trade for tebow thread?!

We just re-signed our RB and our #2 is on his rookie contract still. We don't need another RB. We're good.

GP
03-11-2012, 12:13 PM
He's narrowed it to Denver and Arizona. Arizona has to make a very convincing push to get him to choose them over Denver, IMO.

The situation with how long Whisenhunt will be their HC might factor into things. John Fox will be HC in Denver for a few years, since he's new there...but how long can Whisenhunt hold onto his job in Arizona? And would the Cards be thinking of axing Whisenhunt, if they got Manning, to install a Manning-friendly HC there???

Denver seems the more stable destination of the two, IMO.

BTW, in the NFL you cannot keep things secretive forever. If the Texans were ever really pursing or "in the hunt" we'd have had some leakage from somebody somewhere. There's been none. Zilch. Zero. Texans are not pursuing Manning. Even the Jets showed their cards by waiting this long to sign Sanchez...I assume they had been trying to woo Manning up until then.

My bet is on the Broncos. Elway, Mountains, rabid fan base, AFC, and historically weak div rivals in Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs. San Fran gonna' have the NFC West locked up for a long time, IMO, which might play a role in his decision to land in Denver instead of Arizona.

Playoffs
03-11-2012, 12:32 PM
He's narrowed it to Denver and Arizona. Arizona has to make a very convincing push to get him to choose them over Denver, IMO.Its Larry Fitzgerald vs. the fact Cardinals O-line has given up 104 sacks last 2 years.

ArlingtonTexan
03-11-2012, 12:38 PM

Honestly, surprised it is not already up with required if they don't make this move then McSmithiak is cheap, not aggressive, etc.

False Start
03-11-2012, 01:08 PM

There's already rumblings (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/11/source-if-manning-picks-denver-tebow-is-gone/)... of him going to the Jags, lol. :popcorn:

Lucky
03-11-2012, 01:12 PM
There's already rumblings (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/11/source-if-manning-picks-denver-tebow-is-gone/)... of him going to the Jags, lol. :popcorn:
Then Gabbert would go to....would anyone really want Gabbert?

False Start
03-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Then Gabbert would go to....would anyone really want Gabbert?

To the AFL? :heh:

Playoffs
03-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Interesting side note on Manning's free agency:

Elway is "stuck" with Tebow, due to Tebow's results and their fan's rabid love for Tim. But Elway still does not see Tebow as their QB...

So Manning, ironically, might become Elway's "savior" as no one else could be unquestionably signed to replace the fan favorite other than the best QB of all time.

So Manning's neck + Irsay's dump solves Elway's unsolvable problem.

Texn4life
03-11-2012, 01:27 PM
There are a lot of rumors being put out there right now. From what I heard last night there are a "couple" of teams out there that no one would expect that have been in contact with Manning's reps.

Playoffs
03-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Mort: (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7672173/denver-broncos-arizona-cardinals-peyton-manning-favorites-sources-say)

The Denver Broncos and Arizona Cardinals, the first two teams Manning visited, are considered his two likeliest landing spots, according to sources familiar with the situation.

The Seattle Seahawks continue to try to arrange a meeting with Manning, according to sources, but so far they have been unable to do so.

Manning still could wind up meeting with the Dolphins, but indications are that Miami isn't as high on his list as Denver and Arizona.

There always is the possibility another team suddenly jumps into the fray, the sources said, but it is looking increasingly likely there are only a few viable possibilities at this time.

One source who spoke with Manning prior to his visit with the Cardinals said "his gut is that Manning is leaning toward Denver."

Texn4life
03-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Mort: (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7672173/denver-broncos-arizona-cardinals-peyton-manning-favorites-sources-say)

The Denver Broncos and Arizona Cardinals, the first two teams Manning visited, are considered his two likeliest landing spots, according to sources familiar with the situation.

The Seattle Seahawks continue to try to arrange a meeting with Manning, according to sources, but so far they have been unable to do so.

Manning still could wind up meeting with the Dolphins, but indications are that Miami isn't as high on his list as Denver and Arizona.

There always is the possibility another team suddenly jumps into the fray, the sources said, but it is looking increasingly likely there are only a few viable possibilities at this time.

One source who spoke with Manning prior to his visit with the Cardinals said "his gut is that Manning is leaning toward Denver."

There are some other teams already into the fray. Its a reason why he's trying to push his decision back a little bit now.

Playoffs
03-11-2012, 02:14 PM
There are some other teams already into the fray. Its a reason why he's trying to push his decision back a little bit now.Who? Link?

Texn4life
03-11-2012, 02:23 PM
Who? Link?

There is no link. Its just info you can choose to believe if you'd like. If not trust me its no sweat off of my back. But it does come from someone who's very much attached to the situation in a sense.

I'll just say the Lone Star state hasn't been as silent as everyone would like to believe.

drs23
03-11-2012, 03:10 PM
There is no link. Its just info you can choose to believe if you'd like. If not trust me its no sweat off of my back. But it does come from someone who's very much attached to the situation in a sense.

I'll just say the Lone Star state hasn't been as silent as everyone would like to believe.

:spy:

DonnyMost
03-11-2012, 03:34 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7668243/source-washington-redskins-acquire-no-2-overall-pick-st-louis-rams

washington gave up this years 1st and 2nd and two future 1st rounders for Rams #2 pick, looks like RG3 will be a Redskin..

Why did you bother bolding these parts?

They're not in the market for a QB to draft in this scenario.

You realize that using the "trade for Schaub scenario" they *wouldn't* be in the market to draft a QB, right? I did not say the Redskins were not interested in drafting a QB or trading up, just that those two concepts were mutually exclusive.

Why would they trade up if everyone ahead of them, besides Indy, isn't the market for a QB?

This was me quoting you. You said that everyone ahead of the Redskins wasn't looking to draft a QB, so I asked you the question, if that was the case, then why would they trade up?

I'm not surprised the Redskins traded up at all (the Browns were the obvious ones they needed to jump), and they couldn't wait to see if Schaub was going to be ready/healthy, or bother waiting for the Texans to figure out what they wanted to do. Made a lot of sense for them, especially now that Manning has basically told them no thanks. If Griffin can't put it together sometime in the next 2 years and get the Skins to the playoffs, Shannahan is going to be out on his a** though, so I can't imagine he was too thrilled about this move.

GP
03-11-2012, 04:47 PM

Then spit it out already. Who told you or from whom did you hear this super secretive news from?

Was it on some radio show? TV show? Blog? A friend of yours who knows people?

Because honestly, nobody is doing anything but rolling their eyes at you right now.

That's why people call B.S. on posts like yours, btw. And it's no sweat off our backs either to call B.S. Either you fess up and tell us what you can, or you're just saying stuff nobody here could prove true OR false.

Wasting our time up in here.

Texn4life
03-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Then spit it out already. Who told you or from whom did you hear this super secretive news from?

Was it on some radio show? TV show? Blog? A friend of yours who knows people?

Because honestly, nobody is doing anything but rolling their eyes at you right now.

That's why people call B.S. on posts like yours, btw. And it's no sweat off our backs either to call B.S. Either you fess up and tell us what you can, or you're just saying stuff nobody here could prove true OR false.

Wasting our time up in here.

Calm down GP....... If you're getting that worked up over it then there's something wrong. There are a few people on here who I'm sure know where and who its coming from because they approached me in the right way on past topics, but if you'd like to call BS then you're well within your rights for that.

I've never read anything on a message board and taken it more than what it is. Either I believed it or I didn't. It was told to me by someone who shares the same agent as Peyton, and has interest in where he intends to go.

ChampionTexan
03-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Something (perhaps just hope) tells me this will not end well...
Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams wants to sign free agent quarterback Peyton Manning and is willing to do "whatever it takes" to sign the four-time MVP, Jim Wyatt of The Tennessean reports.
"He is the man I want. Period,” Adams said. "And the people that work for me understand that. They know who I want. I want Mr. Manning with the Titans and I will be disappointed if it doesn’t happen."
LINK (http://www.macsfootballblog.com/2012/03/titans-owner-wants-to-sign-peyton.html)

Playoffs
03-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams wants to sign Peyton Manning (http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120311/SPORTS01/120311018/Titans-owner-Bud-Adams-wants-sign-Peyton-Manning?odyssey=tab|topnews|img|Sports)

When asked about other teams that appear to be better situations for Manning Adams repled, "F-'em."

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2009/11/17/sports/photos_stories/cropped/bud_adams--300x300.jpg

j/k

TheMatrix31
03-11-2012, 05:18 PM
December 21, 2012

Hahahaha.

TEXANRED
03-11-2012, 05:22 PM
He's only been IR'd this year.

So it's my imagination that he didn't finish the 07,08,or the 2011 season?

False Start
03-11-2012, 05:24 PM
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/5774/budbirdkids.jpg

Lucky
03-11-2012, 06:38 PM
So it's my imagination that he didn't finish the 07,08,or the 2011 season?
Schaub finished the '08 season, starting the last 4 games. Matt had started 46 games straight prior to breaking his foot in Tampa.

TheMatrix31
03-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Calm down GP....... If you're getting that worked up over it then there's something wrong. There are a few people on here who I'm sure know where and who its coming from because they approached me in the right way on past topics, but if you'd like to call BS then you're well within your rights for that.

I've never read anything on a message board and taken it more than what it is. Either I believed it or I didn't. It was told to me by someone who shares the same agent as Peyton, and has interest in where he intends to go.

If you have a legitimate source, the best practice would be to have that source and yourself verified through a moderator.

NitroGSXR
03-11-2012, 07:48 PM
If you have a legitimate source, the best practice would be to have that source and yourself verified through a moderator.

Why? Our moderators are fans like us. They have no official affliction with the team. They are here on their own free time in search of the same thing we are... friendly discussion.

Texn4life
03-11-2012, 08:02 PM

Lol, dude this is a message board...... Its not USA Today. Like I told GP if someone were to call BS on it then that's totally on them. If someone feels like its a waste of their time then I apologize for taking the 20 seconds out of their life that it would take to read that post. There are some people who know the source. If the mods would like to know they're more than free to PM me.

TexanSam
03-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Something (perhaps just hope) tells me this will not end well...

LINK (http://www.macsfootballblog.com/2012/03/titans-owner-wants-to-sign-peyton.html)

Please not the Tits. Anyone but Tennessee. I'd rather see him in a Cowboys uni then go to that hillbilly wasteland.

Allstar
03-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Is there a reason we can't all know the source?

Kimmy
03-11-2012, 08:26 PM
And another. My answer would be hell yes, too!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/11/could-titans-interest-force-texans-to-chase-peyton/

GP
03-11-2012, 08:26 PM

All you had to do was post the last sentence, pal.

I'm not worked up over it. I'm a bit baffled you can't just say how you gained the info without pulling all the horsecrap antics along the way.

Was it THAT hard? LOL. Most people would have included that bit of info from the outset, but you had to play the whole "If you don't believe me then blah blah blah..." angle. Junior high hour around here...

Texn4life
03-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Is there a reason we can't all know the source?

Because he's a player in the league as well, I'm sure he wouldn't want it posted on a public message board that he's the one sharing that info.

TEXANRED
03-11-2012, 08:30 PM
Schaub finished the '08 season, starting the last 4 games. Matt had started 46 games straight prior to breaking his foot in Tampa.

My bad. He still missed 5 starts in 08, just like in 07, and 6 starts in 2011. All in all he has missed worked 20% of the time.

Chris Chandler thinks this guy gets hurt a lot.

GP
03-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Lol, dude this is a message board...... Its not USA Today. Like I told GP if someone were to call BS on it then that's totally on them. If someone feels like its a waste of their time then I apologize for taking the 20 seconds out of their life that it would take to read that post. There are some people who know the source. If the mods would like to know they're more than free to PM me.

Why be such a doosh about this?

Did I say you're full of B.S.? No, I said "spit out how you learned it, OR I think it's B.S."

Look at how much Internet ink you could have saved if you had only said "I know a guy who shares same agent as Manning, and he told me...".

So easy, or so it seems. LOL.

Texn4life
03-11-2012, 08:33 PM
All you had to do was post the last sentence, pal.

I'm not worked up over it. I'm a bit baffled you can't just say how you gained the info without pulling all the horsecrap antics along the way.

Was it THAT hard? LOL. Most people would have included that bit of info from the outset, but you had to play the whole "If you don't believe me then blah blah blah..." angle. Junior high hour around here...

You're reading way too much into that..... And Junior High? Alright GP..... Keep it classy my friend.

Texn4life
03-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Why be such a doosh about this?

Did I say you're full of B.S.? No, I said "spit out how you learned it, OR I think it's B.S."

Look at how much Internet ink you could have saved if you had only said "I know a guy who shares same agent as Manning, and he told me...".

So easy, or so it seems. LOL.

Who's being a doosh? Wow, there's no need to even respond to that. Like I said, you stay classy.

Trap_Star
03-11-2012, 08:38 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lojtp6WJCI1qe4pyf.gif

GP
03-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Who's being a doosh? Wow, there's no need to even respond to that. Like I said, you stay classy.

I inboxed you, replying to your message you had left me.

Yeah, all u had to do is speak in generalities about it...but you didn't. We either had to trust you or we were losers for geeking you about it.

Like I said, all you had to do is what you finally ended up doing once you were challenged to elaborate on your teaser post.

So much hullabaloo for what could have been so simple from the beginning, right?

JCTexan
03-11-2012, 08:42 PM

That indicates either Dallas or Houston. I have heard no talk of either team inquiring about Manning.

Texn4life
03-11-2012, 08:43 PM
I inboxed you, replying to your message you had left me.

Yeah, all u had to do is speak in generalities about it...but you didn't. We either had to trust you or we were losers for geeking you about it.

Like I said, all you had to do is what you finally ended up doing once you were challenged to elaborate on your teaser post.

So much hullabaloo for what could have been so simple from the beginning, right?

I hear ya GP, I hear ya! :tiphat:

Texn4life
03-11-2012, 08:45 PM
That indicates either Dallas or Houston. I have heard no talk of either team inquiring about Manning.

You are correct in saying that you haven't. Up until last night I hadn't either.

Playoffs
03-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Evan Silva ‏ @evansilva Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Denver Post reports #Seahawks & #Chiefs "are out" of the hunt for Peyton Manning. He declined both teams' overtures:

DonnyMost
03-11-2012, 09:17 PM
My bad. He still missed 5 starts in 08, just like in 07, and 6 starts in 2011. All in all he has missed worked 20% of the time.

Chris Chandler thinks this guy gets hurt a lot.

As I've said before, the guy in your avatar (Andre, not the punk a$$ b*tch with the bloody lip), has played in 63 games the past 5 years compared to 64 games for Schaub. You ready to lay that same criticism on Dre?

DonnyMost
03-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Evan Silva ‏ @evansilva Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Denver Post reports #Seahawks & #Chiefs "are out" of the hunt for Peyton Manning. He declined both teams' overtures:

Smart man. Neither one of those franchises are going anywhere fast.

Allstar
03-12-2012, 02:28 AM
Smart man. Neither one of those franchises are going anywhere fast.

Meh, I think the Chiefs have some pretty decent pieces, and I wouldn't say Arizona, Miami or Denver really blow them out of the water when we're not including the QB position.

amazing80
03-12-2012, 09:45 AM
As I've said before, the guy in your avatar (Andre, not the punk a$$ b*tch with the bloody lip), has played in 63 games the past 5 years compared to 64 games for Schaub. You ready to lay that same criticism on Dre?

Well I would venture to say most fans are ready to draft a wr to eventually replace Andre......so yes it is the same, the difference is only 1 qb plays on game days where we have numerous wr's playing, so Andre will stay be valuable to us

GP
03-12-2012, 10:33 AM
You are correct in saying that you haven't. Up until last night I hadn't either.

As many as 12 teams were initially interested in Peyton.

Was Houston one of those, and so that's the news you're hearing from your source, or are the Texans a very "new" entry into the equation here?

I just wonder why he would visit the Broncos and the Cards first/second instead of Houston and Dallas (particularly Houston, obviously) first and foremost? Then again, in the game of sales...you want to be the last person the customer speaks with--Meaning it might be wise of the Texans to let other teams give their pitch and then WE are the last ones he meets with. Just a theory.

GP
03-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Both sides engaged in extensive football discussions, including film study, an evaluation of the current roster, as well as organizational discussions related to the salary cap, sources said. Manning also had the opportunity to speak with both teams' owners and top executives and other select members of the coaching staffs. Cardinals All-Pro receiver Larry Fitzgerald was present at a dinner Saturday night hosted at the home of Whisenhunt and during a portion of the meetings at the team's facility Sunday, per sources.

link here. (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7674669/peyton-manning-meets-arizona-cardinals-sources-say-no-contract-talk) Lots of good stuff in there.

Can you guys envision Kubiak engaging in this sort of thing with Manning IF they hosted Manning for a visit in Houston??? I don't think Kubiak would.

Hey Darth Vader, we're building a new base here on this planet and wondered if you'd like to examine the plans and discuss our personnel and such. Oh you will? Fantastic! I mean, you're shopping yourself around to other suitors...so we know this is confidential and you'd never use it against us. You're the man! Thanks!

Kubiak would rather wear a Longhorn shirt than let Peyton Manning come in and discuss the Texans roster, the plans, etc. No way in hell would he do that just for the chance to maybe land #18 for 2 or 3 years. LOL.

Second Honeymoon
03-12-2012, 11:46 AM
At this point, If Peyton has rebuffed Chiefs, Browns, Skins, and Seahwaks, I doubt he would go to Tennessee. That is my nightmare scenario as Texans fan. As long as we were one of the 12 teams that gave his people a call, I'll be fine with their decision. But if he lands in TN, I will be more than a little pissed.

Matt Schaub's injury worries me as much, if not more, than Peyton's injury. I love Schaub but he gets injured and he will now be even more vulnerable to injury due to nature of LesFranc injury and will probably not be able to move around as well as he did pre-injury. And he wasn't elusive to begin with. Ask Marino about being a sitting duck after his Achilles injury. He got killed those last two years.

DonnyMost
03-12-2012, 11:59 AM
I have to think that if Schaub's recovery wasn't looking promising, then McNair wouldn't be sitting on his hands during this whole Peyton ordeal. Especially with division rivals trying to get ahold of him. Smith and McNair would be leading the charge to find a replacement and waiting for the opportunity when they could cut Schaub to save enough money to either sign Mario or another QB. If it was looking like we were heading into next year with Yates as our only QB (surely Leinart will be cut) and we weren't actively trying to sign somebody, then I'd have serious doubts about our FO.

Rey
03-12-2012, 12:15 PM
I have to think that if Schaub's recovery wasn't looking promising, then McNair wouldn't be sitting on his hands during this whole Peyton ordeal

I've seen this organization sit on it's hands plenty of times waiting on a player to get healthy.

I do not trust the Texans at all when it comes to injuries and expected return dates.

DonnyMost
03-12-2012, 12:18 PM
I've seen this organization sit on it's hands plenty of times waiting on a player to get healthy.

I do not trust the Texans at all when it comes to injuries and expected return dates.

Such as...?

Tony Boselli - Old regime.

Benni Joppru - Old regime.

Domanick Williams/Davis - Put him on IR, cut him immediately following 2006 season.

Steve Slaton - They gave him multiple chances, but still acquired talent at his position up until ultimately releasing him.

Charles Spencer - Ditto.

Owen Daniels - They went apescat in the draft preparing for his replacement.

Who else? The only one that really comes to mind is Ahman Green, who was a turd from the get-go, but considering the amount of money they invested in him, I guess they had to see it through.

In most cases, it wasn't a position as important as QB, it was a position of depth where we could afford to wait and see what was going to happen. We can't really afford to flush this season down the toilet waiting on a QB.

And beyond that, what makes you think that in any of these cases they held onto a guy who has a bad medical prognosis? Can you substantiate that claim? They give their guys plenty of chances to prove themselves, yes, but they don't hold onto people who are ruled medically invalid.

Texn4life
03-12-2012, 12:25 PM
As many as 12 teams were initially interested in Peyton.

Was Houston one of those, and so that's the news you're hearing from your source, or are the Texans a very "new" entry into the equation here?

I just wonder why he would visit the Broncos and the Cards first/second instead of Houston and Dallas (particularly Houston, obviously) first and foremost? Then again, in the game of sales...you want to be the last person the customer speaks with--Meaning it might be wise of the Texans to let other teams give their pitch and then WE are the last ones he meets with. Just a theory.

To be honest there wasn't a time period discussed about when there was communication. I just know that since he was released that there has been some communication between the 2 parties. So he's not even sure if there is some serious consideration is being shown, but there is or was at least a slight level of interest. And yes its both Texas teams involved.

I got the sense he knows more than what I was told, but I guess we'll all let the situation play out. He did say he doesn't see him going to Denver though. No mention of anything about the visits and that whole situation, but there are people among his reps that are trying to slow him down and not rush to make a decision right away. He didn't speak too favorably about Rick Smith though and what people in the league think of him. I'll just be glad when all of this is over and the speculation can end.

ckhouston
03-12-2012, 01:08 PM

How does Matt improve by us running the ball more? Using him less means he will improve? :thinking:

infantrycak
03-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Can you guys envision Kubiak engaging in this sort of thing with Manning IF they hosted Manning for a visit in Houston??? I don't think Kubiak would.

Where the hell do you get that? That is exactly the discussion any team is going to have with Manning and particularly a QB offense oriented guy like Kubiak. Truth is offensive players don't study opposing offenses much. Plus one of the huge issues of contemplating Manning would be his comfort with our offensive system because Kubiak is not going to turn around and install the Indy playbook. He would absolutely sell the personnel (it is absurd to believe he wouldn't be saying here is your new Dallas Clark, OD, here is your improved Reggie Wayne, AJ and here is your work horse RB who will protect you in passing and is a great receiving threat - oh and a road grading OL who with your quick release will keep you clean) and make sure Manning would be comfortable running something close to our system probably with a statement of "yeah you are a future hall of famer and we will tweak to take advantage of your strengths but we are going to run our system, here lets look at it, discuss it and see if you are comfortable with it and discuss what tweaks you might want."

majestrate
03-12-2012, 01:17 PM
How does Matt improve by us running the ball more? Using him less means he will improve? :thinking:
Note: I neither agree, nor disagree, just trying to clarify

In that instance, having a running game would open up the passing game, allowing Matt to become a more effective QB

At least that's how I would understand the logic

Rey
03-12-2012, 01:19 PM
And beyond that, what makes you think that in any of these cases they held onto a guy who has a bad medical prognosis? Can you substantiate that claim? They give their guys plenty of chances to prove themselves, yes, but they don't hold onto people who are ruled medically invalid.

What are you talking about? No I can't substantiate a claim that I did not make. Sorry.

I said:

I said "I've seen the organization"...I didn't say anything about this regime.

Also, I didn't say anything about a player being ruled "medically invalid".

Please, if we are going to chop it up, stay on topic and stick to what I said. No need to add anything else in there.

When I say I don't trust the organization's medical diagnosis' I am referring to the times when they have given a projected return date for a player only to have that player not return on that day, or in Andre's case, return too early and end up getting hurt again..

But I specifically mentioned "expected return dates" in my initial response so I'm not sure why you started ranting about whatever you are ranting about.

Playoffs
03-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Polian just said Denver looks very good. Talked about only having to drive to the 35 yardline up there to get a score.

Said doubtful Peyton will go to Eli's conference, and no way to Eli's division.

drunkcookie
03-12-2012, 01:25 PM

I think you're overreacting a bit here, and may be naive in thinking this is a Texans-only issue... This happens in a lot of organizations in different sports... You want your investments to work out, and sometimes you have to give them more time than you'd like.. also, i think you may be highlighting one or two instances when there are more that go the other way under the current regime... Slaton seemed to be a dang good draft pick, but one injury year had the Texans taking a RB in the second round... OD is injured and we draft/pick-up 100 TEs... Though he hadn't missed a lot of games, Mario had injury problems all of the time it seemed, so we drafted/picked up a couple of OLBs to not only add depth, but to be there incase Mario didn't work out at OLB (and good we did)...

As for predicting the return times etc..., again, i think you're overreacting and are probably being naive thinking this is just a Texans problem... Did they miss the mark on Dre's injury this year? Yes! One week off on Foster? Yes... But they nailed the minimum on Manning and Bresiel/Bryezel/whatev...

No team is perfect with the stuff you discuss, and that for sure includes the Texans, but they're not as horrible as you seem to believe...

DonnyMost
03-12-2012, 01:26 PM

Do you not understand that any quarterback who has an effective running game at his disposal will be more successful overall?

Our offense is built almost entirely around the boot and play-action. If Arian is gashing people for 5 YPC, Matt's job becomes that much easier.

The point is that Matt is a good QB on his own merits, he didn't need a running game to play well, as we found out in 2009. So, add in a deadly ground game, and we become even more successful. We can then control the clock, which helps our defense, and our redzone scoring percentage also goes up. RZ% is a stat that is almost always reflective of how good a team's running game is, and never a reflection of quarterback play.

This has been proven true for almost every Superbowl winning team ever. Even now during the era of the pitch and catch. You simply cannot win a Superbowl unless your team is somewhat balanced. Peyton Manning went bananas in 2004, 2005, and 2006, but it wasn't until the Colts had their best running game and defense (2007) that he finally won a superbowl. New England's Superbowls came on the backs of mostly their running game (2001 and 2004) and defense (2003 and 2004). Tom Brady's historic seasons proved ultimately fruitless in the pursuit of a championship (2008, 2012). The two teams that had almost no running game that won a Superbowl, the Saints and Packers, had decidedly outstanding defenses.

So, in conclusion, we're lucky we have a QB that can throw for almost 5000 yards and lead a top 5 offense on his own. But wins, not stats, are the goal here. We'll get to our championship quicker with a more balanced team.

DonnyMost
03-12-2012, 01:30 PM
What are you talking about?

My original post dealt with them specifically holding onto players too long with bad medical prognosis, you countered that claim saying you had "seen them sit on their hands". Why would you respond to my post about them holding onto people with a negative medical outlook if that is NOT what you were talking to/about? If that was not what you were talking about, then you shouldn't have responded to my post.

No I can't substantiate a claim that I did not make. Sorry.

So how did they "sit on their hands" during any of these times? I need you to substantiate why you think the Texans, as an org (regime... whatever), would "sit on their hands" while Matt is healing. What makes you think/believe that?

Your extra point about not trusting their ability to get start/return dates right is completely irrelevant; unless you believe it involves them holding onto players with a bad medical outlook too long.

El Tejano
03-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Note: I neither agree, nor disagree, just trying to clarify

In that instance, having a running game would open up the passing game, allowing Matt to become a more effective QB

At least that's how I would understand the logic

In fact, our running game was starting to excel and Matt was looking great during the 5 game winning streak except for a token int here or there.

majestrate
03-12-2012, 01:51 PM
So how did they "sit on their hands" during any of these times? I need you to substantiate why you think the Texans, as an org (regime... whatever), would "sit on their hands" while Matt is healing. What makes you think/believe that?
Note: Again, not that I agree or disagree, just clarifying

I think "sit on their hands" was meant as "seemed to be idle in looking for other possible alternatives". E.g. It seemed as the Texans were putting all their eggs in the "player get healthy" basket.

I could be completely wrong on that one though

DonnyMost
03-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Note: Again, not that I agree or disagree, just clarifying

I think "sit on their hands" was meant as "seemed to be idle in looking for other possible alternatives". E.g. It seemed as the Texans were putting all their eggs in the "player get healthy" basket.

I could be completely wrong on that one though

Yes, that is exactly what was meant, and that is exactly what I'm asking him to substantiate. What past actions can he point to in order to validate this claim? I can't think of any instance where the Texans sat idly by waiting on a player, especially one of great importance or one with a less-than-probable chance to recover, to get healthy, while something like free agency was going on, the draft coming up, or the trade deadline approaching. This regime has been fairly proactive in shopping for, and auditioning replacements for injured players (Slaton, Daniels, Spencer, etc). I have no reason to believe that if Matt's outlook is anything less than good, that they wouldn't be actively looking at contingency plans.

BetaV1
03-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Bud wants to sign Manning badly, eh? My thoughts?

Bring it on. :logo:

Playoffs
03-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Peyton Manning will meet w Dolphins coach Joe Philbin & Titans coach Mike Munchak during next 3 days, scheduled away from team facilities.

BIG TORO
03-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Has anyone else heard this? Sorry I don't have a link.

Acording to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel's Omar Kelly claims free agent Peyton Manning will visit the Texans.

HOU-TEX
03-12-2012, 02:08 PM

Acording to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel's Omar Kelly claims free agent Peyton Manning will visit the Texans.

I saw that, but didn't post because I'm pretty sure he's getting us mixed up with the titans.

BIG TORO
03-12-2012, 02:10 PM
I saw that, but didn't post because I'm pretty sure he's getting us mixed up with the titans.

Probably so. Either that or he is Manning is trying to up his $$$.

ckhouston
03-12-2012, 02:23 PM

"Omar Kelly

Omar Kelly
Also In Miami Dolphins

Peyton Manning to visit Houston now!!!! Manning is turning into quite the home wrecker. Wonder how quickly Matt Schaub gets extended if Manning doesn't sign with the Texans now. If the Texans cut him loose to land Manning pass the Dolphins Schaub and a biscuit. "

http://www.sulia.com/channel/nfl-free-agency-2012/f/31465916-d9e6-4c07-b56b-1e3befcfb442/?source=twitter

ObsiWan
03-12-2012, 02:28 PM
"Omar Kelly

Omar Kelly
Also In Miami Dolphins

Peyton Manning to visit Houston now!!!! Manning is turning into quite the home wrecker. Wonder how quickly Matt Schaub gets extended if Manning doesn't sign with the Texans now. If the Texans cut him loose to land Manning pass the Dolphins Schaub and a biscuit. "

http://www.sulia.com/channel/nfl-free-agency-2012/f/31465916-d9e6-4c07-b56b-1e3befcfb442/?source=twitter

I don't mean no harm...
...but what the heck is an Omar Kelly??

Señor Stan
03-12-2012, 02:30 PM

That's awesome. I just posted a poll in the NFL section to predict Manning's effectiveness this year. I of course predicted he would not play again. :kubepalm:

False Start
03-12-2012, 02:31 PM

I saw that too, but I think he might have meant Titans. That aggravates me that people still mistake us for the Tits. :cutthroat:

DonnyMost
03-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Stokley is a close friend of Manning's, so take it with a grain of salt, but if reports like this keep surfacing, the bidding war may go nuclear soon.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20156530/stokley-peyton-manning-throwing-like-he-did-six

Stokley: Peyton Manning throwing like he did six years ago

If you happened to be walking a dog past a Castle Rock park early this past Saturday morning and thought, "Gee, that guy throwing the football looks a lot like Peyton Manning," your eyes did not deceive.
That was none other than Peyton Manning throwing passes to his former teammate Brandon Stokley in a small Castle Rock park. From about 8:30 to 9:30 on just another gorgeous morning in Colorado, Manning threw about 50 passes to the route-running Stokley. Like Manning, Stokley is a free agent.
"I saw him for three days at Duke and he was the only quarterback (throwing to four or five receivers) and he threw a ton of balls for three straight practices and the guy looked to me like he did when I was there six years ago," said

Peyton Manning, John Elway and John Fox tour the Broncos training facility. (John Leyba, The Denver Post)
Stokley, the former Broncos receiver who was Manning's teammate with the Indianapolis Colts from 2003-06. "He threw on Saturday here on a little field and maybe because he had some rest, I think he looked better then than he had last week."
Between a plane ride from Stillwater, Okla., to Centennial Airport, a six-hour meeting at the team's Dove Valley headquarters and a 2 1/2 -hour dinner at Cherry Hills Country Club, Manning spent all day Friday visiting with the Broncos. He spent the night at Stokley's home, in part because he wanted to both rest and get a work-out in. Stokley drove him to the Centennial Airport for a 5 p.m. flight Saturday to Arizona and a meeting with the Cardinals.
Manning is now back at his offseason residence in the Miami area.
The Broncos and other teams who are pursuing the free-agent Manning have received some criticism for trying to lure him without watching him work out. But Manning's five-day workout at Duke was filmed, and distributed to teams upon his release last Wednesday by the Colts.
Manning missed all of last season because of complications from multiple neck surgeries. The Colts are planning on replacing Manning by using their No. 1 overall draft pick on quarterback Andrew Luck.
"People who say the Broncos are crazy for not watching his balls fly, or what are they doing? those people are dead wrong," Stokley said. "I'll put whatever reputation I have on the line behind that guy right now. He looks great."

Premier
03-12-2012, 02:36 PM
I saw that too, but I think he might have meant Titans. That aggravates me that people still mistake us for the Tits. :cutthroat:

not the case, mentioned peyton plans to visit houston, then directly mentions possible matt schuab destinations...

ThaShark316
03-12-2012, 02:38 PM
not the case, mentioned peyton plans to visit houston, then directly mentions possible matt schuab destinations...

I think his SOURCE got them mixed up.

Premier
03-12-2012, 02:43 PM
anyone know whats up with this..

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
Cowboys lose $10 million in cap space, Redskins lose $36 million in space. Can split it over 2012 and 2013 any way they want. More at ESPN.

All that money goes to 28 other teams -- $1.6 million each -- except for Saints and Raiders, who don't get any but don't lose any.

Dutchrudder
03-12-2012, 02:45 PM

Cowboys lose $10 million in cap space, Redskins lose $36 million in space. Can split it over 2012 and 2013 any way they want. More at ESPN.

All that money goes to 28 other teams -- $1.6 million each -- except for Saints and Raiders, who don't get any but don't lose any.

It's for overspending in 2010 the uncapped year. The NFL section has a thread about it.

DonnyMost
03-12-2012, 02:48 PM

Edit: dutch got it

JCTexan
03-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Think about it from Manning's prospective. Houston has a top five defense, one of the best running games and one of the best O-lines in football. What does either Denver or Arizona have to match that?

badboy
03-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Think about it from Manning's prospective. Houston has a top five defense, one of the best running games and one of the best O-lines in football. What does either Denver or Arizona have to match that?evidently a desire to sign him.

ckhouston
03-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Think about it from Manning's prospective. Houston has a top five defense, one of the best running games and one of the best O-lines in football. What does either Denver or Arizona have to match that?

It has been said that Manning wanted to come to Houston, if we want him we have him. If we decide not to even talk to him, and he goes to the Tacks and wins the division next year, McNair should fire Kubes and Smith and make Wade head coach. Im not even talking about at the end of the season. If we are at the halfway point of the season and Manning is in TN and they are ahead of us I go on a firing spree if I am McNair ... but that's just me. :cowboy1:

Premier
03-12-2012, 02:55 PM
According to Mike Klis of the Denver Post, the Houston Texans have recently inquired about free agent quarterback Peyton Manning.

The Texans recently inquired about Manning, according to a source. If they get seriously involved, the Texans might be considered the Broncos' biggest threat. Like the Broncos, Houston is an AFC team. Unlike the Broncos, the Texans currently have the pieces in place to be considered a Super Bowl-contending team.

http://profootballzone.com/nfl/report-texans-now-interested-in-peyton-manning/

ObsiWan
03-12-2012, 03:01 PM
It has been said that Manning wanted to come to Houston, if we want him we have him. If we decide not to even talk to him, and he goes to the Tacks and wins the division next year, McNair should fire Kubes and Smith and make Wade head coach. Im not even talking about at the end of the season. If we are at the halfway point of the season and Manning is in TN and they are ahead of us I go on a firing spree if I am McNair ... but that's just me. :cowboy1:

Suppose it was McNair who decided NOT to contact Peyton?
If McNair wants to "court" Peyton, it will be done.
If Manning somehow ends up in Tennessee and they're ahead of us in the division, then he has only himself to blame.

Personally, I don't believe Manning will end up with the Titans nor do I believe that we will trail the Titans in the upcoming season's race for the division crown. But that's just me... :pirate:

ThaShark316
03-12-2012, 03:02 PM
I'd love for him to come here, I just don't see the Texans DOING it. That's cool with me, btw. I'm not like one of these idiots around here.

No matter what we do, we winnin' anyway.

Ole Miss Texan
03-12-2012, 03:04 PM
I think we should at least show some interest in him. If for no other reason than to get the other teams like Denver and Tennessee to up their bidding and put them worse financial shape. :thinking:

badboy
03-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Almost all consider Manning an upgrade over Schaub.
Manning has been cleared by two doctors & has started working out; Schaub has not yet.
If Schaub is traded, we have at minimum $7m to offer Peyton.
Schaub could bring significant draft pick(s).
Trading Schaub eliminates a Mario type scene during or after Matt's 2012 final contract year.
Manning could bring a WR with him that eliminates need for WR2.

Ole Miss Texan
03-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Almost all consider Manning an upgrade over Schaub.
Manning has been cleared by two doctors & has started working out; Schaub has not yet.
If Schaub is traded, we have at minimum $7m to offer Peyton.
Schaub could bring significant draft pick(s).
Trading Schaub eliminates a Mario type scene during or after Matt's 2012 final contract year.
Manning could bring a WR with him that eliminates need for WR2.
It's a real shame that Washington got slammed with that cap penalty b/c they were THE PRIME candidate to trade for Schaub. Wait, now that I think about it didn't they already trade up to #2 overall to get RGIII (or Luck)? Regardless, they were the perfect trade partner IMO.

What teams would you call first to try and broker something? Cleveland, Miami?? Any NFC teams?

JCTexan
03-12-2012, 03:14 PM
It's a real shame that Washington got slammed with that cap penalty b/c they were THE PRIME candidate to trade for Schaub. Wait, now that I think about it didn't they already trade up to #2 overall to get RGIII (or Luck)? Regardless, they were the perfect trade partner IMO.

What teams would you call first to try and broker something? Cleveland, Miami?? Any NFC teams?

Yeah, Washington traded for the #2 pick. Cleveland & Miami would be possible landing spots for Schaub. Over in the NFC there is Seattle and Arizona.

RTP2110
03-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Peyton Manning Update: Broncos, Manning's Agent Talk Contract, According To Report

According to Mike Klis of The Denver Post, Manning's agent (Tom Condon) and the Broncos engaged in preliminary contract discussions on Monday. This qualifies as an update because the organization and the future Hall of Famer had avoided any contract talks during his visit over the weekend, so any such dialogue registers as another important step in an extremely protracted and overly public process.

http://denver.sbnation.com/denver-broncos/2012/3/12/2865441/peyton-manning-update-broncos-manning-contract-talks-titans-texans

badboy
03-12-2012, 03:27 PM

What teams would you call first to try and broker something? Cleveland, Miami?? Any NFC teams?I think Cleveland would be the best choice as I doubt we could get Miami's first without giving up something else. Dolphins are in much better shape than Cleveland imo at QB. STephen Morris will not participate in spring training see:http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_college_hurricanes/2012/02/morris-is-out-for-spring-depth-chart-released.html
and Cleveland should use their #4 on OT. Their 22nd is perfect and could guarantee us Wright.

GP
03-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Peyton Manning Update: Broncos, Manning's Agent Talk Contract, According To Report

http://denver.sbnation.com/denver-broncos/2012/3/12/2865441/peyton-manning-update-broncos-manning-contract-talks-titans-texans

Ah, here it is! The ever-popular "Talk contract figures with lesser team to drive up price among the better teams" angle.

Nicely played, Peyton. Might as well get an idea of what a team like the Broncos would offer...then you know what to leverage from future teams. Has to have a starting point.

ckhouston
03-12-2012, 03:59 PM
I think Cleveland would be the best choice as I doubt we could get Miami's first without giving up something else. Dolphins are in much better shape than Cleveland imo at QB. STephen Morris will not participate in spring training see:http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_college_hurricanes/2012/02/morris-is-out-for-spring-depth-chart-released.html
and Cleveland should use their #4 on OT. Their 22nd is perfect and could guarantee us Wright.

First? :toropalm:

No way anyone gives up a first for Schaub ... we would be lucky to get a third.

Dutchrudder
03-12-2012, 04:03 PM

No way anyone gives up a first for Schaub ... we would be lucky to get a third.

Seriously. Schaub healthy is worth a late 1st at best. Schaub gimpy is worth a 3rd or so. Most teams wouldn't trade for him right now anyways. Miami would probably give us a 3rd or 4th for him, but I think that's the best we could do assuming they miss out on Flynn or Manning.

ckhouston
03-12-2012, 04:16 PM
Seriously. Schaub healthy is worth a late 1st at best. Schaub gimpy is worth a 3rd or so. Most teams wouldn't trade for him right now anyways. Miami would probably give us a 3rd or 4th for him, but I think that's the best we could do assuming they miss out on Flynn or Manning.

If Denver signs Manning maybe Miami would go after Tebow. It would make perfect business sense.

Ole Miss Texan
03-12-2012, 04:17 PM
If Denver signs Manning maybe Miami would go after Tebow. It would make perfect business sense.
I hadn't even considered that connection. Nice.

Playoffs
03-12-2012, 04:18 PM
According to Mike Klis of The Denver Post, Manning's agent (Tom Condon) and the Broncos engaged in preliminary contract discussions on Monday. This qualifies as an update because the organization and the future Hall of Famer had avoided any contract talks during his visit over the weekend, so any such dialogue registers as another important step in an extremely protracted and overly public process.

Lemme guess who Klis' "source" was on this:

Omar Kelly
Also In Miami Dolphins

Peyton Manning to visit Houston now!!!!

BetaV1
03-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Poor Schaub. Always taken for granted. :(

I'd love to have Manning here. As far as Schaub's trade value, he's most certainly worth a first, but if we were to get Manning, no team would likely give up a first solely on the supply-and-demand principles of economics: the Texans being able to afford parting with Schaub would instantly lower his value, as teams don't have to quite play so much hard ball. Cleveland is not going to trade their late first-rounder for Schaub. They're a team that is very much of the never take any chances ever. It's why they lost out on the RGIII race when the opportunity was sitting right in their laps. Miami is not going to give up their first round pick to a team that took Manning from them for that same team's discard, so scratch that. Jets just extended Sanchez, so take them out. Ravens will likely stick with Flacco. Seahawks are a possibility I suppose.

Dutchrudder
03-12-2012, 04:26 PM

Well Tebow would have to be traded, so I doubt he will have much say in it. If Miami, TB or Jax is willing to send some picks for Tebow, then God help them...

Brisco_County
03-12-2012, 04:29 PM
The source on the Texans contacting Manning is not verified yet, but it's nice to see the national media raising an eyebrow toward John McClain.

Link (http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/24506/Report--Texans--recently-inquired--about-Manning/Default.aspx)

Pantherstang84
03-12-2012, 04:32 PM
610 is saying the reason for Manning's visit to our fair city is to visit the. The flaming meatball's owner and their coach. I just don't see how you discard Schaub and go for a guy who hasn't taken a snap in over a year and has had 1.2.3.4 neck surgeries over the last year and a half. This scenario has visions of Montana in KC dancing in my head.

badboy
03-12-2012, 04:38 PM

No way anyone gives up a first for Schaub ... we would be lucky to get a third.You list reasons not to get only a third and I'll list those for a first and bet mine are more likely. Look, teams desperately need QBs. Miami & Cleveland are two remaining that did not get Luck or RG3. Few people think Tannehill is a high first but why are so many mocking him as high as top 10? Because he plays the position. Matt was considered a top 8 QB prior to his injury. One of the 610 guys in afternoon Friday the 9th went thru a check list of QBs they would take over Matt; he was again #8. Schaub should bring a mid to late first, especially if trade made on draft day as pressure builds. Look what an untested RG3 brought, three firsts and a second and you think Matt is worth only a third? Doesn't sound like an unbiased evaluation on your part.

ckhouston
03-12-2012, 04:43 PM
You list reasons not to get only a third and I'll list those for a first and bet mine are more likely. Look, teams desperately need QBs. Miami & Cleveland are two remaining that did not get Luck or RG3. Few people think Tannehill is a high first but why are so many mocking him as high as top 10? Because he plays the position. Matt was considered a top 8 QB prior to his injury. One of the 610 guys in afternoon Friday the 9th went thru a check list of QBs they would take over Matt; he was again #8. Schaub should bring a mid to late first, especially if trade made on draft day as pressure builds. Look what an untested RG3 brought, three firsts and a second and you think Matt is worth only a third? Doesn't sound like an unbiased evaluation on your part.

Injury prone.

Injury prone.

Oh yeah, and injury prone.

Not mobile.

Doesn't have a strong arm.

Not accurate (look at the tape not the stats, most passes require receiver adjustment).

May never play again.

Injury prone.

ckhouston
03-12-2012, 04:45 PM
I just don't see how you discard Schaub and go for a guy who hasn't taken a snap in over a year and has had 1.2.3.4 neck surgeries over the last year and a half. This scenario has visions of Montana in KC dancing in my head.

Montana knocked the Oilers out of the playoffs with KC, so how is that comparison working out for you?

As far as how you discard a mediocre injury prone QB for the greatest to ever play the game ... yeah, why would you do that?:thinking:

Playoffs
03-12-2012, 05:02 PM
610 is saying the reason for Manning's visit to our fair city is to visit the. The flaming meatball's owner and their coach....Mmmkay... http://www.palyne.com/talk/Smileys/palyne/scratchhead.gif

GhostRaider2007
03-12-2012, 05:06 PM
From Jerome Solomon..

Link:
https://twitter.com/#!/JeromeSolomon/status/179318498214948864
A Texans official told me a month ago that the team would inquire about Manning when the time came. Would be stupid not to take a look-see.

Brisco_County
03-12-2012, 05:09 PM
From Jerome Solomon..

Link:
https://twitter.com/#!/JeromeSolomon/status/179318498214948864

I like the follow up tweet:

18chronicles ‏ @18Chronicles
how come J McClain adamant "no way"? @JeromeSolomon / ...Would be stupid not to take a look-see.

Jerome Solomon ‏ @JeromeSolomon
@18Chronicles because that is what his sources are telling him.

TEXANRED
03-12-2012, 05:11 PM

No b/c we are talking wide receivers we are talking QB's. And IMO it is easier to lose a receiver for a few games than it is to lose your QB.

Ole Miss Texan
03-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Mmmkay... http://www.palyne.com/talk/Smileys/palyne/scratchhead.gif
I believe the Titans still have an office in Houston Galleria Area... at least they still did just a few years ago.
I like the follow up tweet:

Ha... that is funny!

badboy
03-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Poor Schaub. Always taken for granted. :(

I'd love to have Manning here. As far as Schaub's trade value, he's most certainly worth a first, but if we were to get Manning, no team would likely give up a first solely on the supply-and-demand principles of economics: the Texans being able to afford parting with Schaub would instantly lower his value, as teams don't have to quite play so much hard ball. Cleveland is not going to trade their late first-rounder for Schaub. They're a team that is very much of the never take any chances ever. It's why they lost out on the RGIII race when the opportunity was sitting right in their laps. Miami is not going to give up their first round pick to a team that took Manning from them for that same team's discard, so scratch that. Jets just extended Sanchez, so take them out. Ravens will likely stick with Flacco. Seahawks are a possibility I suppose.So Brown will depend on Colt McCoy again?

Pantherstang84
03-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Mmmkay... http://www.palyne.com/talk/Smileys/palyne/scratchhead.gif

mmmmkay Guess where Bud Adams lives in the offseason Einstein?

Speedy
03-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Montana knocked the Oilers out of the playoffs with KC, so how is that comparison working out for you?

As far as how you discard a mediocre injury prone QB for the greatest to ever play the game ... yeah, why would you do that?:thinking:

And what did KC go on to do after that? The Houston Texans have won more playoff games than KC since Montana knocked the Oilers out.

We get that you don't like Matt Schaub. And all I can say is that I'm glad you are not in the organization and have anything to do with personnel.

DonnyMost
03-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Not accurate (look at the tape not the stats, most passes require receiver adjustment).

LOL

Yeah dudes, screw the stats that say he's one of the top 5 best downfield passers in the NFL, that's totally on the WRs!

Boy, that's a good one, man... seriously... tears over here... needed that... thanks bro.

DX-TEX
03-12-2012, 07:01 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/MechDX/CallBrett.jpg

:texflag:

infantrycak
03-12-2012, 07:03 PM
LOL

Yeah dudes, screw the stats that say he's one of the top 5 best downfield passers in the NFL, that's totally on the WRs!

Boy, that's a good one, man... seriously... tears over here... needed that... thanks bro.

Heck you can say screw the stats and just look around the league. Eli Manning doesn't get his first ring without being bailed out by his WR. Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne have been making diving catches for Peyton for over a decade.

In the end you simply don't amass 18,000 yards passing without the stats reflecting the accuracy. For the record - career stats:

Peyton Manning - 64.9% completions, 7.6 ypa.
Eli Manning - 58.4%, 7.0 ypa.
Ben Roethlisberger - 63.1%, 8.0 ypa.
Tom Brady - 63.8%, 7.5 ypa.
Aaron Rodgers - 65.4%, 8.2 ypa.
Drew Brees - 65.9%, 7.4 ypa.

Matt Schaub - 64.3%, 7.9 ypa

So let's see, that is 10 superbowl rings and only one QB who can claim both a higher completion percentage and longer average per attempt. Yeah that's the hallmark of an inaccurate, mediocre QB.

myktek2
03-12-2012, 07:07 PM
could we actually sign Manning, Reggie Wayne and Jeff Saturday?
Could Myers/Brisel move to a new position on the line? or can Saturday play something else than Center?

With the release of Winston, things are getting interesting.

badboy
03-12-2012, 07:18 PM
could we actually sign Manning, Reggie Wayne and Jeff Saturday?
Could Myers/Brisel move to a new position on the line? or can Saturday play something else than Center?

With the release of Winston, things are getting interesting.I think Saturday is 37. Myers is a center only but Briesel can play OG + center.

Kimmy
03-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Peyton to the Titans would be a disaster. I'm sorry folks, we won the division last year due to two things;

1 - No Peyton Manning
2 - Ease of schedule

Just the mere fact Bud is making so much noise about wanting him should IMPLORE the Texans to at least talk to him while he is in our hometown.

Our schedule is BRUTAL next year, and guess what, Peyton has played and won against them.

IF he has told people he wants to come here, why stick our thumb in his eye? What is the harm in at least talking the man (the myth, the legend *note sarcasm)?

I'm on board with trying to make it work, but also realize it probably wouldn't. If he signs with the Titans and comes back around kicking our ass twice a year, I will be typing "told ya" so".

texanmojo
03-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Heck you can say screw the stats and just look around the league. Eli Manning doesn't get his first ring without being bailed out by his WR. Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne have been making diving catches for Peyton for over a decade.

In the end you simply don't amass 18,000 yards passing without the stats reflecting the accuracy. For the record - career stats:

Peyton Manning - 64.9% completions, 7.6 ypa.
Eli Manning - 58.4%, 7.0 ypa.
Ben Roethlisberger - 63.1%, 8.0 ypa.
Tom Brady - 63.8%, 7.5 ypa.
Aaron Rodgers - 65.4%, 8.2 ypa.
Drew Brees - 65.9%, 7.4 ypa.

Matt Schaub - 64.3%, 7.9 ypa

So let's see, that is 10 superbowl rings and only one QB who can claim both a higher completion percentage and longer average per attempt. Yeah that's the hallmark of an inaccurate, mediocre QB.

Damn. I've always liked Schaub. Didn't realize his stats were that impressive. Thanks!

Texan_Bill
03-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Damn. I've always liked Schaub. Didn't realize his stats were that impressive. Thanks!

Yeah, it's like that!!! Revisionist history will always trump actual history. With that said, a healthy Manning over Schaub would obviously give the Texans a better chance. Then again, let's not act like (not you specifically) Schaub is some sort of chopped liver.

GP
03-12-2012, 08:05 PM
What if.....

The reason Peyton is having to meet the Titans in Houston is because Peyton said he's going to talk to the Texans, too, so he'll make one stop in Houston and take care of both teams in the process???

In essence, he isn't going to go all the way to Tennessee to talk to The Adams Family. He's making THEM come to him, in Houston. He's basically saying, "OK, I'll talk to you...but only because I'm already due in Houston anyways."

Otherwise, why make Munchak & Co. come to Houston in the first place? I think it's hilarious.

Just trying to stir the pot a little bit. Bwah-ha-ha-ha! BWAH-HA-HA-HA!!! (Evil laughter).

drs23
03-12-2012, 08:08 PM
What if.....

The reason Peyton is having to meet the Titans in Houston is because Peyton said he's going to talk to the Texans, too, so he'll make one stop in Houston and take care of both teams in the process???

In essence, he isn't going to go all the way to Tennessee to talk to The Adams Family. He's making THEM come to him, in Houston. He's basically saying, "OK, I'll talk to you...but only because I'm already due in Houston anyways."

Otherwise, why make Munchak & Co. come to Houston in the first place? I think it's hilarious.

Just trying to stir the pot a little bit. Bwah-ha-ha-ha! BWAH-HA-HA-HA!!! (Evil laughter).

You're good at that. :D

DonnyMost
03-12-2012, 08:09 PM
If Peyton isn't bothering to meet with the Titans at their HQ, I think it's a good sign he's not super interested. He seemed to be interested in everything going on at Denver and Arizona, from the top down. The Titans... he's like... 'let's meet up at Dennys'.

Kimmy
03-12-2012, 08:09 PM
What if.....

He's coming here because Bud Adams holds several businesses here, and lives here during the offseason.

Oh but it would be nice to dream

Pantherstang84
03-12-2012, 08:12 PM
I'm a Schaub guy. Love the way he runs the offense. If I'm kicking my starting QB to the curb, I want to do more than kick the tires on Manning. Heck I want to start the engine and take him for a test drive.

Can he boot?

Can he sell the waggle?

I need to see him do more than do a 3 step drop and throw slants and posts.

Pantherstang84
03-12-2012, 08:12 PM
He's coming here because Bud Adams holds several businesses here, and lives here during the offseason.

Oh but it would be nice to dream

This.

Texan_Bill
03-12-2012, 08:13 PM
What if.....

NO!!! Prolly so... (Throwing in the fact that Munch and Pud Adams lives here - makes perfect sense).

tak3ov3r
03-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter

This is not to make room for Peyton Manning: Texans cut quarterback Matt Leinart.

infantrycak
03-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Can he boot?

Can he sell the waggle?

Peyton may be one of the few QBs around less mobile than Schaub but the boot doesn't actually rely that much on mobility as seen by Schaub very effectively utilizing it. It is about deception. It isn't the option.

Peyton and Schaub have the two best play fakes in the NFL. People can debate in which order.

GP
03-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Peyton may be one of the few QBs around less mobile than Schaub but the boot doesn't actually rely that much on mobility as seen by Schaub very effectively utilizing it. It is about deception. It isn't the option.

Peyton and Schaub have the two best play fakes in the NFL. People can debate in which order.

If Arian Foster is the guy on the receiving end of Peyton's stretch run/pass play...then it is Arian Foster who is the key.

Nobody really respected Manning's stretch play in 2010 because the Colts had no run game of any real consequence to make defenses pay attention to it.

Manning/Foster would be killer diller on Manning's stretch play. It would replace the boot, IMO. It's basically a slow QB's "option play" whereby the D never knows if the RB will get the ball or the QB will pull it down and do something with it. I think it'd be damn deadly.

Ole Miss Texan
03-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Wait. We're missing a key thing here in all the Manning talk. If we get him, do you think Kubiak would let him audible at the line? ;) LOL

Kimmy
03-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Wait. We're missing a key thing here in all the Manning talk. If we get him, do you think Kubiak would let him audible at the line? ;) LOL

Ole Miss Texan just solved it. That's it, ain't never gonna happen. Nope, no way :)

El Tejano
03-12-2012, 09:59 PM
I'm a Schaub guy. Love the way he runs the offense. If I'm kicking my starting QB to the curb, I want to do more than kick the tires on Manning. Heck I want to start the engine and take him for a test drive.

Can he boot?

Can he sell the waggle?

I need to see him do more than do a 3 step drop and throw slants and posts.

This past Saturday, NFL Network was showing the top 10 best football moves and the play action pass was one of them and it was all but an ode to Peyton Manning. All I kept thinking was, oh if we had that running our offense. Then I thought, Sage Rosenfels was pretty awesome at faking the camera guy too.

arb729
03-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Schefter's been pretty adamant from the beginning the Texans aren't/won't be in on Peyton. Then again, the FO is damn good at keeping things under wraps until they need to be announced. I just would have thought we would have heard something legitimate by now

Playoffs
03-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Peyton Manning met between 5 & 6 hours late today with #Dolphins coach Joe Philbin and other staff members in Indianapolis, per sources.

Kimmy
03-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Schefter's been pretty adamant from the beginning the Texans aren't/won't be in on Peyton. Then again, the FO is damn good at keeping things under wraps until they need to be announced. I just would have thought we would have heard something legitimate by now

Chris Mortensen (who broke the Peyton release story) has been sending not so subtle messages about Peyton to Texans on NFL32.

I still think Peyton is "speaking" through Chris.

A month before Peyton was released it was speculated we were #1 on his list. Gonna be interesting to watch.

GP
03-12-2012, 10:07 PM

For all we know, the Texans have known for awhile now what number they have to come up with to sign Peyton Manning...but they didn't go about the business of actually making the cuts (Leinart, Winston, and maybe more to come...) until just now.

The re-structure of AJ's contract might have been Step 1. After that, the Texans had to decide if they wanted to part ways with Winston and Leinart to enact Parts 2 and 3 of the plan.

So up until the time the Texans actually pull the trigger on those steps, Peyton is out there shaking hands and smiling for the camera...wondering if the TExans will make the money moves they needed to make in order to pay him.

This would place Manning at QB1, Yates at QB2, and Schaub as a rehab guy who will try to take some snaps at some point in 2012 if he's lucky enough to do so.

When Schefter bluntly tweets that X is not because of Y, it comes off (to me) as more of Schefter being irritated at the sudden moves by the Texans. As if he's maybe wondering if there's stuff he doesn't know about. With it being his job to have the inside scoop, he'd freak out if he was wrong all along on THIS story.

Again, just saying what is possible. The historically proven "way" of the Texans has been to roll with what they have and replace (modestly) when most needed. I personally don't think Kubiak is scared to throw Yates out there as QB1. It'd make more sense to surround him with a better o-lineman than Winston, and maybe even grab a better WR2 and let Walter feast at WR3.

GP
03-12-2012, 10:12 PM
If I'm Chris Myers, and I'm told by Kubiak and Smith that Peyton Manning might become the QB here...I might just decide to trust the front office when they say they'll "take care of me" in a future re-structure of my own.

Players will do things like this if they love the game more than the dough, and if it means they get to the Super Bowl. For all our crying about how McNair has built a team of choir boys...these guys are of good character and support the mission of the team as a whole.

I cannot imagine any of them not bowing down a bit if it meant having arguably the most cerebral QB in the history of the game as their QB in 2012. With a forehead that big, it has to contain a large brain. Or an alien who is controlling him like some animatronic borg or something.

GP
03-12-2012, 10:13 PM
I'm falling under the spell of my own conspiracy theories.

Cue the monastery chanting music.....

Texn4life
03-12-2012, 10:14 PM

Yeah, I just read all of that and my head hurts now.

Kimmy
03-12-2012, 10:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMcmyJ8lmE4

ThaShark316
03-12-2012, 10:18 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2S6ZQn9lvk

Kimmy
03-12-2012, 10:20 PM

best one ;) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDZBgHBHQT8)

TEXANRED
03-12-2012, 10:20 PM

Yeah his stats are great. If this were fantasy football he is a top 3 QB. But reality says he has won 31 games and lost 32 and 8-14 in the division.

Of course if you believe 610am it's all the defenses fault.

Quick, someone call Tom Brady and Manning that you can't win with crappy defenses!

drs23
03-12-2012, 11:42 PM
Chris Mortensen (who broke the Peyton release story) has been sending not so subtle messages about Peyton to Texans on NFL32.

I still think Peyton is "speaking" through Chris.

A month before Peyton was released it was speculated we were #1 on his list. Gonna be interesting to watch.

Yeah Kimmy, I think we all saw that. Hadn't looked at it as #18 using the Mortster as a mouthpiece.

It's interesting to watch already. :)

michaelm
03-12-2012, 11:45 PM
A few people here have stated that the Texans won't pursue Manning because it's not their normal MO. It's not the way the Texans do business.

Does the surprising release of Winston, and the rumored potential release of DeMeco indicate to you guys that this might not be your grand daddy's Texans?
Maybe they aren't going about business the way the Texans have historically gone about business?

I really don't expect the Texans to sign Manning, but I keep having the same thought...

I can't fully expect the Texans to do business the way they normally do, because this team has never been where it is at this moment.

One or two key players from being odds on favorites to win the whole damn shooting match.

IMO, this is not the time for business as usual. Windows of opportunity like the one the Texans currently find themselves in do not happen often.
Now, more than ever, is the time for this franchise to push their chips to the middle of the table.

aussie_texan
03-12-2012, 11:54 PM
A few people here have stated that the Texans won't pursue Manning because it's not their normal MO. It's not the way the Texans do business.

Does the surprising release of Winston, and the rumored potential release of DeMeco indicate to you guys that this might not be your grand daddy's Texans?
Maybe they aren't going about business the way the Texans have historically gone about business?

I really don't expect the Texans to sign Manning, but I keep having the same thought...

I can't fully expect the Texans to do business the way they normally do, because this team has never been where it is at this moment.

One or two key players from being odds on favorites to win the whole damn shooting match.

IMO, this is not the time for business as usual. Windows of opportunity like the one the Texans currently find themselves in do not happen often.
Now, more than ever, is the time for this franchise to push their chips to the middle of the table.

can't say i agree with this.
were moving forward every year why not stay the course.

If u go by the mantra of "if your not getting better your getting worse".

Well even if the texans don't sign anyone they will be better then last year.
- a full off-season for the defence to improve
- schaub should be back healthy
- AJ back
- foster to have a full pre-season
- draft picks.

i think getting manning will write off this year because our entire offence will change or need to be taught.

getting manning is the wrong move. IMO

michaelm
03-13-2012, 12:08 AM
can't say i agree with this.
were moving forward every year why not stay the course.

If u go by the mantra of "if your not getting better your getting worse".

Well even if the texans don't sign anyone they will be better then last year.
- a full off-season for the defence to improve
- schaub should be back healthy
- AJ back
- foster to have a full pre-season
- draft picks.

i think getting manning will write off this year because our entire offence will change or need to be taught.

getting manning is the wrong move. IMO

I don't completely disagree with you, and I do tend to agree with the idea of staying the course, but there are two things I don't agree with you on.

I am not confident AT ALL that Schaub will be back and healthy when the season begins, and I have a feeling that he might miss significant time, despite the rainbows and unicorns spouting from the Texans PR machine.

I also disagree that the season would be a write off if Manning joins the team.
We played a significant part of last season with a fifth round rookie, who had zero exposure to the NFL before last year, and he was able to operate the offense. I do acknowledge that he played in a similar system in college, however.
Yates' college experience notwithstanding, I think Manning and the offensive players could get on the same page before the first game, at least enough to score as much as the team did with Yates, and probably more for the first few games, then we would more than likely see the best offense in team history for 10-11 games, IMO.

aussie_texan
03-13-2012, 02:36 AM
I don't completely disagree with you, and I do tend to agree with the idea of staying the course, but there are two things I don't agree with you on.

I am not confident AT ALL that Schaub will be back and healthy when the season begins, and I have a feeling that he might miss significant time, despite the rainbows and unicorns spouting from the Texans PR machine.

I also disagree that the season would be a write off if Manning joins the team.
We played a significant part of last season with a fifth round rookie, who had zero exposure to the NFL before last year, and he was able to operate the offense. I do acknowledge that he played in a similar system in college, however.
Yates' college experience notwithstanding, I think Manning and the offensive players could get on the same page before the first game, at least enough to score as much as the team did with Yates, and probably more for the first few games, then we would more than likely see the best offense in team history for 10-11 games, IMO.

thats a fair point. what i really mean is that manning will want to run the show and probably call most plays which i don't think kubiack will want.
calling it a write off may be an exaggeration on my part

badboy
03-13-2012, 10:05 AM
thats a fair point. what i really mean is that manning will want to run the show and probably call most plays which i don't think kubiack will want.
calling it a write off may be an exaggeration on my partI see no reason that PM and Kubes could not work out the offense due to respect each has for the other. I think Gary would love to have a QB that could advance the Kubiak game plan. What I think is a possibility is extending Matt's deal and lowering his cap and allow him more time to recover. I'd be very cool with having Manning and Schaub on the roster.

We now have cap savings:
Andre's "re-structure" $5.2m
Winston $4.2
Leinert $2.5m base (not sure of actual cap)
= $11.9m
Mario $20m = $32m and does not include JJ or other possible cuts.

ckhouston
03-13-2012, 10:08 AM

Every year that Peyton started the Pro Bowl, he contacted the offensive coach and asked for the offense that coach ran so he could learn the entire system by the time the game came around. He can run any offense, not just his, but I do believe he would have more freedom to change plays and make calls from the line of scrimmage.

Kimmy
03-13-2012, 11:56 AM
@AdamSchefter (https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter)
Despite speculation that Houston still could make a run at Peyton Manning, the Texans have no plans to pursue the free-agent QB.

ckhouston
03-13-2012, 04:30 PM
Despite speculation that Houston still could make a run at Peyton Manning, the Texans have no plans to pursue the free-agent QB.

AS makes my PP hurt. Oh well, we will win the SB in 2013 behind #13 ... works for me!:dance2:

Second Honeymoon
03-13-2012, 04:52 PM
McNair brought up Manning today and poopoo'ed any thoughts of Manning to Texans. Stated that you don't know how healthy Manning is and that they had their guy in Schaub. Also didn't sound like they were going to be able to retain Mario (good)

Double Barrel
03-13-2012, 05:04 PM
Every year that Peyton started the Pro Bowl, he contacted the offensive coach and asked for the offense that coach ran so he could learn the entire system by the time the game came around. He can run any offense, not just his, but I do believe he would have more freedom to change plays and make calls from the line of scrimmage.

You do understand that pro bowl coaches bring a very small part of their playbooks to teach these guys in a couple of days, yeah? I do not see your example of indicative of anything other than Manning learning a few plays in a meaningless exhibition game that nobody really bothers to play.

fiasco west
03-13-2012, 05:11 PM

Schefter is probably the most reliable guy when it comes to insiders as well. He must have some great sources.

Stemp
03-13-2012, 05:14 PM
Texans owner Bob McNair explained Tuesday why the team is not interested in signing quarterback Peyton Manning.

As expected, McNair said the Texans are happy with Matt Schaub, who’s recovering from foot surgery.

“We’ve got a quarterback whose foot’s going to be fine,” McNair said at a news conference after his hour-long appearance on the Texans All-Access Show on Sports Radio 610. “He’s got a great arm, and he can take us to a championship. We’re in good shape in that regard.

“We’re more concerned with keeping our core players and trying to re-sign them as opposed to bringing in someone else.”
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/03/mcnair-denies-manning-interest-says-about-schaub-we-have-a-quarterback-were-happy-with/

Speedy
03-13-2012, 05:18 PM

Have you ever watched the Pro-Bowl? It's sandlot football. They draw plays in the dirt. There isn't a system or playbook. What the hell is the matter with people losing their freaking minds over this freaking QB? The Texans aren't in the running, never were, and never needed to be. Anyone who thinks otherwise, please go work for the Tennessee Titans so that they never win another game.

The1ApplePie
03-13-2012, 05:19 PM
As long as they land a starting quality backup to replace Fragile Mattie when he gets put on IR, then the Texans should be fine without Peyton.

Unless this is some kind of trick to land Drew Brees.:texflag:

Corrosion
03-13-2012, 05:21 PM
As long as they land a starting quality backup to replace Fragile Mattie when he gets put on IR, then the Texans should be fine without Peyton.

Unless this is some kind of trick to land Drew Brees.:texflag:

Brees was franchised ..... :nolisten:

The1ApplePie
03-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Brees was franchised ..... :nolisten:

I was thinking trade:thinking:

And I was only slightly serious

krocket
03-13-2012, 05:24 PM
What they better worry about is their OL. There have been some huge holes created that have to be plugged with new contracts, draft choices, or free agents.

WolverineFan
03-13-2012, 05:24 PM
Obviously this means Manning, Wayne, Clark, and Saturday are headed here. We probably trade for Freeney as well. Bullitt and Addai are also FA's.

TheMatrix31
03-13-2012, 05:33 PM
lol, calm yourself.

If a player like Peyton Manning is available, I don't give a **** who you have under center, you look into it. And I guarantee every team except Green Bay, New England, and New Orleans had at least one single thought about Peyton. Whether that means looking up his stats, calling up an agent, even asking a question to someone else in the front office while taking a bite out of a doughnut.

You and people like you need to stop with this bull****.

Texn4life
03-13-2012, 05:34 PM
From everything McNair said today (Peyton wants to come here, he says he's only 80-85%, not going to work out for any teams), it does sound like him or Rick Smith have had "conversations" with Peyton's people. It just looks like based on Schaub's progress, the risk of not knowing exactly where Manning's at, and our current cap situation wasn't worth even engaging in serious talks of bringing him here.

Judging by our bleak cap status I'd say that was probably the only route for us to go. If we're just able to re-sign Myers and Brisiel out of all of this I'll be satisfied. Its not looking too good right now though.

majestrate
03-13-2012, 05:37 PM
McNair brought up Manning today and poopoo'ed any thoughts of Manning to Texans. Stated that you don't know how healthy Manning is and that they had their guy in Schaub. Also didn't sound like they were going to be able to retain Mario (good)
In that same interview, he talks about how each year they work to make the team better. That if a position can be improved by bringing in someone else, they'll do it. Now, he started out referring to the coaching staff (F Bush vs W Phillips), but he definitely applied it to players/positions too.

In the long run, IMO, Peyton is the better choice. But I'm biased, I still think Schaub is a choke artist.

ckhouston
03-14-2012, 09:25 AM
McNair said we don't need Peyton and he is happy with Schaub.

Congratulations Bob ... you just handed Bud Adams the division. :clap:

GuerillaBlack
03-14-2012, 09:28 AM
Have you ever watched the Pro-Bowl? It's sandlot football. They draw plays in the dirt. There isn't a system or playbook. What the hell is the matter with people losing their freaking minds over this freaking QB? The Texans aren't in the running, never were, and never needed to be. Anyone who thinks otherwise, please go work for the Tennessee Titans so that they never win another game.

Why are people losing their minds? Because its Peyton freaking Manning. Nothing else needs to be said.

ckhouston
03-14-2012, 09:35 AM

That was my point, when Peyton is in the PB they don't draw it up in the sand, he learns the coaching teams system and utilizes those plays. :lightbulb:

Thorn
03-14-2012, 09:36 AM
I can not believe anyone wants Manning. He has a few years left in the tank, but that's it. And what you'll pay for those one to three years before he can't play anymore isn't worth it, or even close. The same goes for Mario, he will also be grossly over paid as well.

ckhouston
03-14-2012, 09:39 AM
I can not believe anyone wants Manning. He has a few years left in the tank, but that's it. And what you'll pay for those one to three years before he can't play anymore isn't worth it, or even close. The same goes for Mario, he will also be grossly over paid as well.

If you signed him for three years for lets say 60m and won a Super Bowl ... or maybe two, or three! Not worth it?

I beg to differ.

GuerillaBlack
03-14-2012, 09:41 AM
If you signed him for three years for lets say 60m and won a Super Bowl ... or maybe two, or three! Not worth it?

I beg to differ.

This x10

2012Champs
03-14-2012, 09:44 AM
From everything McNair said today (Peyton wants to come here, he says he's only 80-85%, not going to work out for any teams), it does sound like him or Rick Smith have had "conversations" with Peyton's people. It just looks like based on Schaub's progress, the risk of not knowing exactly where Manning's at, and our current cap situation wasn't worth even engaging in serious talks of bringing him here.

Judging by our bleak cap status I'd say that was probably the only route for us to go. If we're just able to re-sign Myers and Brisiel out of all of this I'll be satisfied. Its not looking too good right now though.

I would bet that our cap situation played more into the choice to back Schaub and his broken foot than just not wanting manning

Texan_Bill
03-14-2012, 09:45 AM
:facepalm: Texans Fans!

GuerillaBlack
03-14-2012, 09:54 AM

See your location.

Thorn
03-14-2012, 10:10 AM

I beg to differ.

Jesus H. Braindead Predictions Christ, what if Schaub won two superbowls for us? What if Yates wins two superbowls? What if our 7th round QB pick in 2012 wins us two superbowls?

What the **** IF is not an answer to a question or even a good comment. Anyone can play the What If game and it will mean nothing.

I'm not sure why I bother sometimes.

drunkcookie
03-14-2012, 10:16 AM
Jesus H. Braindead Predictions Christ, what if Schaub won two superbowls for us? What if Yates wins two superbowls? What if our 7th round QB pick in 2012 wins us two superbowls?

What the **** IF is not an answer to a question or even a good comment. Anyone can play the What If game and it will mean nothing.

Lol, yah it's annoying... No one wants to say "what if we sign Manning to a three year deal and he has another surgery in August and decides to retire." Or "what if he never gets above 80%"

Both sides have their good and bad points, i don't believe this is a no-brainer decision or anything... People need to chill the eff out...

Texn4life
03-14-2012, 10:23 AM
Lol, yah it's annoying... No one wants to say "what if we sign Manning to a three year deal and he has another surgery in August and decides to retire." Or "what if he never gets above 80%"

Both sides have their good and bad points, i don't believe this is a no-brainer decision or anything... People need to chill the eff out...

You're right on here...... No one really knows what's going to happen health wise with either of the 2 QB's involved. Years ago when Brees was coming off of a major shoulder injury there were only 2 teams that were even considering him. Miami and New Orleans. Miami decided to gamble with Dante Culpepper instead of Brees and look how that worked out. Culpepper seemed to be the safer of the 2 at the time.

If Schaub comes back healthy he's more than capable of leading us to a Super Bowl run if he's able to remain active the entire time. I have faith that the organization has done their due diligence on all players who are available and if they've decided that the guys we choose to roll with this year are the best for the team then I have faith in them. I hate that its probably going to turn into a weekly comparison between the 2 guys, but I'm sure its going to be that way all year. That may turn out to be a good thing for Schaub to give him an added chip on his shoulder.

ckhouston
03-14-2012, 10:26 AM

Peyton Manning is the best QB to ever play the game. He isn't an IF.

He will win another SB with whoever he ends up with.

ckhouston
03-14-2012, 10:27 AM
"what if he never gets above 80%"

He would still be 1000% better than anything we have ever had.

ObsiWan
03-14-2012, 10:28 AM

I beg to differ.

Before he sat out ALL of last year, Peyton had been "healthy" for the previous THIRTEEN seasons and only won ONE, count 'em, ONE Superbowl. What the hell makes anyone think that after four surgeries - and no one can say he's completely back to his previous form - and playing in a new system with new personnel around him, that he's magically going to win the Super Bowl each & every year for the next three years???

See how goofy that sounds when you say it out loud?
:thinking:

Thorn
03-14-2012, 10:29 AM

I can't stand to read your dumbass horse**** anymore. Welcome to my ignore list.

Double Barrel
03-14-2012, 10:31 AM
In that same interview, he talks about how each year they work to make the team better. That if a position can be improved by bringing in someone else, they'll do it. Now, he started out referring to the coaching staff (F Bush vs W Phillips), but he definitely applied it to players/positions too.

In the long run, IMO, Peyton is the better choice. But I'm biased, I still think Schaub is a choke artist.

I like Mr. McNair, but dude talks out of both sides of his mouth. It's a sales pitch, it's deflection, and it's keeping fans happily buying season tickets and other teams guessing.

yeah, he said that ANYTIME that you can upgrade a player or a coach, you do it. But, that's simply not how he operates, because Bill Cowher would have been hired in 2010 if that was truly the case. :winky:

If you had told me a year ago that Texans fans would be slobbering over a broken Peyton Manning in 2012 after he had not taken an NFL snap since December 2010, I'd have asked you to puff puff pass!

ckhouston
03-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Before he sat out ALL of last year, Peyton had been "healthy" for the previous THIRTEEN seasons and only won ONE, count 'em, ONE Superbowl. What the hell makes anyone think that after four surgeries - and no one can say he's completely back to his previous form - and playing in a new system with new personnel around him, that he's magically going to win the Super Bowl each & every year for the next three years???

See how goofy that sounds when you say it out loud?

I was giving the Texans credit as an organization from being that elite QB away from three in a row, not saying all of that would be because of only Manning. It just would be the perfect storm of great running game, formerly great O-line, and elite defense, adding the best QB out there.

ckhouston
03-14-2012, 10:33 AM
I can't stand to read your dumbass horse**** anymore. Welcome to my ignore list.

Oh no, I don't have you're approval for my opinion? How will I ever survive? :rolleyes:

Texan_Bill
03-14-2012, 10:33 AM

Don't be an old curmudgeon... Enjoy the silliness. I get a kick out of it.

drunkcookie
03-14-2012, 10:45 AM
He would still be 1000% better than anything we have ever had.

Bleh, that's hogwash... Manning is a future HOFer because he played those years at 95-100%, 80% would not = HOF performance...

Hell, let's go sign Dan Marino, he's an all time great/HOFer...

I don't know if Manning can be 100% again, or if he can hold up, neither do any of the other teams... Think about it, INDY LET HIM GO! The one team that knows more than any of the others... manning won't even throw for people because even he admits he's not where he wants to be...

Texan_Bill
03-14-2012, 10:47 AM
If you had told me a year ago that Texans fans would be slobbering over a broken Peyton Manning in 2012 after he had not taken an NFL snap since December 2010, I'd have asked you to puff puff pass!

No doubt my friend!

ObsiWan
03-14-2012, 10:47 AM

Then why does his little brother have more Super Bowl rings than he does?

Manning WAS good (no one really knows if he can be again). But the best EVER?? Not a chance.

Joe Montana (don't say Rice made him what he was, he won his first SB before Rice was drafted)
Tom Brady (made do with whoever they gave him)
Otto Graham (went to the NFL championship game EVERY YEAR he was in the league - ten years straight. No one will ever come close to doing that again)
Bart Starr (Lombardi respected him. 'Nuff said)
Terry Bradshaw (four rings)
Johnny Unitas (redefined the position. basically invented the two-minute offense)

There are others I'd put ahead of Mr. Huge Fantasy Football-stats-but-fades-in-the-post-season but that's a discussion for a different thread.

2012Champs
03-14-2012, 10:52 AM

Manning WAS good (no one really knows if he can be again). But the best EVER?? Not a chance.

Joe Montana (don't say Rice made him what he was, he won his first SB before Rice was drafted)
Otto Graham (went to the NFL championship game EVERY YEAR he was in the league - ten years straight. No one will ever come close to doing that again)
Johnny Unitas (redefined the position. basically invented the two-minute offense)

There are others I'd put ahead of Mr. Huge Fantasy Football-stats-but-fades-in-the-post-season but that's a discussion for a different thread.

Dan was a pretty bad QB now looking back at it I guess

Texan_Bill
03-14-2012, 10:52 AM

Really? He's going to do something that no other starting QB (of his caliber) has ever done? Win a Super Bowl with different teams??

Joe Namath: Jets - yes. LA Rams - NO!
Joe Montana: Niners - yes. KC Chiefs - NO!
Brett Favre: Atlanta - NO! Green Bay - yes. Jets - NO! Minn. Vikings - NO!

HOU-TEX
03-14-2012, 10:53 AM

:spit:

Corrosion
03-14-2012, 10:55 AM

You forgot to add in Pey_Me_A_Tons 9 wins and 10 losses in the playoffs.

You cant be the best ever with a losing record when it matters most.

GP
03-14-2012, 10:55 AM
My hope is that Manning goes to the Dolphins. But, they lost Brandon Marshall who was far and away their best WR there. So now I don't think he will go there.

If he goes to the Titans, and the Titans make some more moves...the Titans COULD (key word is "could") be a player in the AFC South in 2012.

I'd still wager that our defense would rattle him in 2012. We've broken through his tough exterior shell, and have entered into the squishy mushy part of his very soul. JJ Watt, Brooks Reed, Cushing, Smith, Sharpton, and a host of other Texans defenders are not scared of Manning. This is whole different defense now.

Texan_Bill
03-14-2012, 11:02 AM

:hmmm:

A 47% playoff win record versus some of these guys:

Joe Montana (14-5 with the 49ers), Terry Bradshaw (14-5 with the Steelers) and John Elway (14-8 with the Broncos).

Thorn
03-14-2012, 11:04 AM
Really? He's going to do something that no other starting QB (of his caliber) has ever done? Win a Super Bowl with different teams??

Joe Namath: Jets - yes. LA Rams - NO!
Joe Montana: Niners - yes. KC Chiefs - NO!
Brett Favre: Atlanta - NO! Green Bay - yes. Jets - NO! Minn. Vikings - NO!

I wouldn't bother arguing with the dude, he might negative rep you like he did me. :lol:

Texan_Bill
03-14-2012, 11:07 AM
I wouldn't bother arguing with the dude, he might negative rep you like he did me. :lol:

:spit: Like I'm worried about rep. points? :rolleyes:

noxiousdog
03-14-2012, 11:15 AM
:hmmm:

A 47% playoff win record versus some of these guys:

Joe Montana (14-5 with the 49ers), Terry Bradshaw (14-5 with the Steelers) and John Elway (14-8 with the Broncos).

Even Trent Dilfer is 5-1.

Texan_Bill
03-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Even Trent Dilfer is 5-1.

D'OH!!! I didn't realize that. Holy (bleep)!

HOU-TEX
03-14-2012, 11:20 AM
:spit: Like I'm worried about rep. points? :rolleyes:

Tha new.....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4c/Dumpster-non.JPG

False Start
03-14-2012, 11:21 AM

Neg repping is for puchees.

Texan_Bill
03-14-2012, 11:25 AM
Tha new.....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4c/Dumpster-non.JPG

:spit:

noxiousdog
03-14-2012, 11:31 AM
D'OH!!! I didn't realize that. Holy (bleep)!

Heh. I think what it means is guys that have winning records have gotten to the playoff with really good TEAMS. Guys that have losing records have gotten there with a lot of mediocre TEAMS.

Except Elway. He's a baddass.

cuppacoffee
03-14-2012, 11:43 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well there's always this :strangle:

:coffee:

ObsiWan
03-14-2012, 11:46 AM
Dan was a pretty bad QB now looking back at it I guess

Dan's on my list I'd put ahead of Manning also with respect to pur QB playing ability. He had the bad fortune of playing when Montana (in the 80s), Jim Kelly (in the 90s), and other QBs on teams with better defenses were playing.

ObsiWan
03-14-2012, 11:50 AM

I was trying to infer that when I said "..but-fades-in-the-playoffs"
:D

b0ng
03-14-2012, 12:01 PM
I figured at this point we'd all just be agreeing with each other about how Manning is not coming to Houston. I do find it silly that there are some in this thread claiming Manning is going to win a SB with his new team, when it took him about 10 years to win it with his first team.

Don't you people know you want to draft a player of Manning's caliber, not pay for his services when he's 36 my god.

ObsiWan
03-14-2012, 12:12 PM
http://images.ucomics.com/comics/crgva/2012/crgva120313.gif (http://www.mycomicspage.com/garyvarvel/2012/03/13/)
...what...?
:D

Dutchrudder
03-14-2012, 12:12 PM
Manning's Super Bowl chances rest entirely on the situation he goes into. If he were to join the 49ers, I would expect him to win at least 1 Super Bowl. If he goes to the Broncos or Titans, I wouldn't count on it but they would be very competitive. The Cardinals and Dolphins seem a bit too messed up for him to really have a shot at winning. Other than that, I don't see much opportunity out there.

KA4Texan
03-14-2012, 12:51 PM
My guess is he becomes a Titan, a blank check, remain in the same "weak" division he knows, not to mention my dislike of the man would come full circle.

My dislike of the Colts would dissipate, while my loathing of the Titans would only intensify. (and here I thought it impossible)

tak3ov3r
03-14-2012, 01:20 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7685432&categoryid=2378529

not sure if this has been posted.. Skip and Stephen A. Smith debate

Texan_Bill
03-14-2012, 01:56 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7685432&categoryid=2378529

not sure if this has been posted.. Skip and Stephen A. Smith debate

I damn near had a heart attack in agreeing with Stephen A. Smith, HOWEVA, Skip Bayless is a jackass. Any of us that listened to the McNair interview never inferred tha A) Manning wasn't interested so we're not interested in him, B) Infer that Matt Schaub was a better QB than Manning.

Stephen A. Smith hit the nail on the head with the old "He doesn't want to upset the apple cart" comment.

Oh to both guys, there's a little tidbit you failed to mention. THE TEXANS HAVE NO FREAKIN' MONEY!!

Corrosion
03-14-2012, 03:31 PM
Can we move this to the NFL section already ? Or just lock the damn thing up .... :polevault:

michaelm
03-14-2012, 04:43 PM

I'm not sure why you ever bother, but maybe it's just me.

No. It's not just me!

Second Honeymoon
03-14-2012, 08:44 PM
If Manning ends up in Tennessee, I think my head might explode. Just Saying.

I understand the regime's logic in not wanting to pursue Peyton, but I just don't think it is sound logic due to Matt's injury. If Matt was coming off the season healthy, that is one thing. If both guys are injured, why not choose the far superior player? One guy is already throwing, the other guy won't be ready till May, at the earliest and has shown a much higher probability of getting hurt than Manning, or most truly elite QBs have historically.

I love Matt but this is Peyton freaking Manning. If our disinterest helps shepherd him to Tennessee and that troll Bud Adams, it just adds salt to the wound.

If Peyton is healthy, Titans win division and perhaps more.
If Matt is healthy, he only wins division if Peyton is in Denver or Miami.

Titans will win the South, if Bud gets him. Book it. Let's just hope it doesn't come to that.

Texan_Bill
03-14-2012, 09:16 PM
If Manning ends up in Tennessee, I think my head might explode. Just Saying.

I understand the regime's logic in not wanting to pursue Peyton, but I just don't think it is sound logic due to Matt's injury. If Matt was coming off the season healthy, that is one thing. If both guys are injured, why not choose the far superior player? One guy is already throwing, the other guy won't be ready till May, at the earliest and has shown a much higher probability of getting hurt than Manning, or most truly elite QBs have historically.

I love Matt but this is Peyton freaking Manning. If our disinterest helps shepherd him to Tennessee and that troll Bud Adams, it just adds salt to the wound.

If Peyton is healthy, Titans win division and perhaps more.
If Matt is healthy, he only wins division if Peyton is in Denver or Miami.

Titans will win the South, if Bud gets him. Book it. Let's just hope it doesn't come to that.

Doug, I didn't make it through the first line of your post.....Ya know why? I hope Manning signs with the Tinnbreds! This would be perfect. His career would end (meh, somewhat prematurely) and somewhat ugly...... YET The Tinnbreds would spend ALL that money on a guy that has losing playoff record!!!

**** YOU PUD ADAMS!!! I HOPE YOU SCORE MANNING!!

As an aside, we'll (sans Mario) still be coming after you, HARD!!!!