PDA

View Full Version : Texans All Access show on 610 (new programming)

HTown2ATX
03-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Mods, not sure exactly which section to pu this in, guessing here?

Anyway, in case anyone is interested, 610am has a new show on Tuesdays from 12-2pm that will be all access Texans and NFL talk in general for the entire offseason.

Vandy and Andre will be doing the show and today is the first show if you want to check it out..

Sounds like today they will have Kubiak, Florio and others...should be good....just an FYI about the show.

:htown2atx:

False Start
03-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Cool. I had heard about this, but forgot when it started. Thanks for the heads up.

76Texan
03-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Thanks, can you note any interesting thing; I've got to run shortly and won't be able to tune in.

Kimmy
03-06-2012, 01:48 PM
I got choked up listening to Arian. He's such a great guy

Sent from my Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk

HOU-TEX
03-06-2012, 02:10 PM

Agreed. Dude sounds legit.

False Start
03-06-2012, 02:15 PM

No doubt. Guys with a personality, and outlook like his is few and far between in the NFL. Hell, in sports overall.

SheTexan
03-06-2012, 02:23 PM

Same here! A true gift to the Texans!

TJ sounds like a humble young man also. Enjoying his part of the program.

Edit: I would pay to see Connor Barwin in a Prius! lol

badboy
03-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Barwin says Mario has told him repeatedly he wants to stay in Houston. It will not effect Connor if Mario is on team or not. "I'll switch back to SAM" if Mario here. Wants to keep working on his ankle to get it back 100%.

Gary Kubiak next (1:40 pm)concerning JJ

HTown2ATX
03-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Have been having to work on our Mission Impossible super secret isolation computer all day so I haven't been able to post till now back at my desk.

That Arian interview had me choked up man!! If you don't love Arian I don't know what to say to that.....

I started to come over to my desk when Connor was in his Prius (which I would love to see too lol) so I missed him commenting on MW but I hope that is true!

For anyone who missed the show, brief recap that I caught was having Arian on the phone for an interview, then listening live to his press conference where he became choked up talking about his journey and family struggles, how he views money, etc.

Jason La Confora (SP??) was on the phone talking about Arian, the Texans and general and the MW situation (wasn't much groudbreaking news I caught there) then talked to Barwin which I missed some of.

Other than that it was general Texans and NFL talk.

badboy
03-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Well, crap. I got a telephone call, did Kubiak come on to discuss Jacoby? I was trying to listen but never heard him.

Naiirb
03-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Well, crap. I got a telephone call, did Kubiak come on to discuss Jacoby? I was trying to listen but never heard him.

Kubiak never came on live but they played a clip of him talking about Jacoby at his award ceremony thing last week. Said yea he made a mistake on the muffed punt but he felt Jacoby filled in nicely in the absence of Andre and made plays. Nothing new really

GP
03-06-2012, 03:44 PM
I had been very hard on AF back at beginning of 2011 reg season, regarding his tweets on his hamstring and then his scathing rebuttal to comments made by Colin Cowherd on that same subject.

I think that was a life lesson he learned, because there's been no such shenanigans since then.

Now he's a multi-millionaire. I think that's great. Good for him.

TexMexMom, if you're out there, GP has much love. I was a doubter for a moment, but not anymore. Not that you need my approval, just saying this is a great day for all involved: Fans, Texans players and staff, Arian, and your family. Congrats!

Kimmy
03-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Arians Press Conference Here (http://cbshouston.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/3-6-12-arian-foster-pc.mp3)

badboy
03-06-2012, 03:53 PM
TEXMEXMOM, my boy is 31 and when he says or does something that let's me know he was paying attention to me when he was a kid, it touches my heart. Everyone is proud of your son and how he handled his business. This post is for you in recognition of your parenting. Good job. May God continue to bless you and your family and keep Arian safe. Enjoy your fruit basket.

Steve

Double Barrel
03-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Awesome press conference by Arian. Dude is the real deal, and his talk about not looking at yourself in another man's mirror was straight up awesome. Much respect to him and the organization for conducting business with much class and dignity.

Ryan
03-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Barwin says Mario has told him repeatedly he wants to stay in Houston. It will not effect Connor if Mario is on team or not. "I'll switch back to SAM" if Mario here. Wants to keep working on his ankle to get it back 100%.

Gary Kubiak next (1:40 pm)concerning JJ

Actions speak louder than words, Mario. We'll see come next week.

gary
03-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Mario would take a pay cut if he wants to stay.

HTown2ATX
03-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Actions speak louder than words, Mario. We'll see come next week.

Mario would take a pay cut if he wants to stay.

I want MW to stay as much as anyone, but taking a pay cut and taking far, far below your worth are 2 different things. I'm worried the Texans may only be able to offer far, far below his worth money due to the cap. If so, I can't blame him if it doesn't work out. He can't be expected to just allow himself to get paid like an average player. I expect him to offer a discount but it still may be too high a price.

I'm sure this will be discussed next Tuesday on the show and I look forward to it. Would love if they have MW on about the subject if that would be possible.

badboy
03-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Wonder how many of us would take a 50% cut from our last's year's salary? It is one thing to turn down huge increases to go another part of the country & remain in Houston but to take a huge hit?

Another thing, I have never made millions but more than once I had to take another job at a very reduced income. I did not like it one bit. I think the ego gets involved at whatever the income level is.

Mean Machine
03-07-2012, 03:32 PM
Thanks to Sports Radio 610 for making the All Access Texans a Weekly show.
Very cool to have this in the off-season.

All the interviews were very well done and I really like Vandermeer and Andre Ware beign on there..the Voices of the Texans!!!

bckey
03-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Wonder how many of us would take a 50% cut from our last's year's salary? It is one thing to turn down huge increases to go another part of the country & remain in Houston but to take a huge hit?

Another thing, I have never made millions but more than once I had to take another job at a very reduced income. I did not like it one bit. I think the ego gets involved at whatever the income level is.

I think there is a huge difference in one of us regular joe's taking a pay cut and a former 1st pick of the draft before the rookie cap taking one. Mario was signed for 6 years @ $54 million in 2006. Any pay cut on his next contract would be an awesome gesture by Mario but not one that is going to cause him to have to rebudget his finances to pay his electric bill. Anyone that has earned $54 million in 6 years should be set for life already. I know some go bankrupt but that is all on them for being stupid with their money.

HTown2ATX
03-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Show starts at noon......sounds like at 12:30 owner Bob McNair is on...FYI

HTown2ATX
03-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Wade Phillips will be on today FYI

Crafty
03-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Heya,

I'm a Brit and the 610 radio stream doesn't work over here!

Don't suppose anyone has an alternative link for it? :D

Cheers

jaayteetx
03-20-2012, 11:10 AM
Heya,

I'm a Brit and the 610 radio stream doesn't work over here!

Don't suppose anyone has an alternative link for it? :D

Cheers

If you have facebook, you could "like" the Houston Texans, they sometimes post links to podcasts that might interest you.

False Start
03-20-2012, 11:42 AM
So, what hard issues will they discuss today? Maybe the field? Or maybe what they serve in the cafeteria? :kitten:

IDEXAN
03-20-2012, 11:46 AM
Will they put this on their "podcasts" ?

76Texan
03-20-2012, 11:57 AM
12:15 Mike Mayock
12:30 Rashad Butler
1:00 Wade

76Texan
03-20-2012, 02:07 PM
Wade: Kareem had a good year.
He did his part (in the defense).
:kitten:

76Texan
03-20-2012, 02:11 PM
Wade on JJ Watt:
He's a star in the making, if he's not (a star) already.
I haven't seen anybody play that well since Howie Long (as a rookie.)

Man, that's a great compliment.

76Texan
03-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Wade realized that the Texans were "fortunate" that Reed and Barwin were able to play a lot of snaps last year.

Sounds to me like the Texans will look for another pass rusher either in FA or the draft, which is probably a give-me assumption.

That's about it.

GP
03-20-2012, 03:09 PM
Wade on JJ Watt:
He's a star in the making, if he's not (a star) already.
I haven't seen anybody play that well since Howie Long (as a rookie.)

Man, that's a great compliment.

I might even say Reggie White. Yes, I mean that.

Dude is going to be unstoppable in 2012. If he did what he did in his rookie year, then the game slows down for him in Year 2...he knows what to expect, he's even been in two playoff games already. He's a veteran in all senses.

I have never seen a d-lineman jump in the air and intercept a pass in the split-second adjustment that JJ Watt did. It was other-worldly. Period. I think that was THE defining play for him...sky is the limit and he knows it now, even though I think he knew it all along anyways.

It's everything about him. His impact on his college campus, fellow students would say one half of his statement to him and he'd state the other half back to them. His on-the-field talent. Natural in front of the camera. Larger than life persona. Young. Everything. If I was Nike or Reebok or whatever, I'd have JJ Watt endorsing my stuff.

drs23
03-20-2012, 04:02 PM

Dude is going to be unstoppable in 2012. If he did what he did in his rookie year, then the game slows down for him in Year 2...he knows what to expect, he's even been in two playoff games already. He's a veteran in all senses.

I have never seen a d-lineman jump in the air and intercept a pass in the split-second adjustment that JJ Watt did. It was other-worldly. Period. I think that was THE defining play for him...sky is the limit and he knows it now, even though I think he knew it all along anyways.

It's everything about him. His impact on his college campus, fellow students would say one half of his statement to him and he'd state the other half back to them. His on-the-field talent. Natural in front of the camera. Larger than life persona. Young. Everything. If I was Nike or Reebok or whatever, I'd have JJ Watt endorsing my stuff.

Spot on post GP. I LUVS me some JJ Watt. I see a gold jacket in his future. I really believe that.

El Tejano
03-20-2012, 04:18 PM

And correct me if I'm wrong but his playoffs stats read something like 6 sacks and a TD in two playoff games right?

badboy
03-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Spot on post GP. I LUVS me some JJ Watt. I see a gold jacket in his future. I really believe that.He's that good a golfer?

hookinreds
03-20-2012, 04:27 PM

Spot on. He's got to be like a really big gnat to the QB/RB...he just wont go away. He's like that nightmare that won't go away everytime you close your eyes...or in this case everytime they open theirs. Something special in this kid. It's only one year...but rookies just don't have that kind of year at that position. Long live JJ "Nightmare" Watt, it time to go night night!

SCOTTexans
03-20-2012, 04:38 PM
So pissed i missed the show today....:pissed:

HTown2ATX
03-27-2012, 09:08 AM
Chester Pitts on Oline will be on today as well as A. Glen and Mike Lombardi for today's show starting at noon in case anyone interested.