PDA

View Full Version : AFC Wildcard Jan 3, 1993

thunderkyss
03-04-2012, 03:10 PM
They're playing this game again on NFL Network. Just sat down, noticed it was on, so I rewound the 'ol DVR.

Jan 1993, I was 20 years old, & only a casual NFL fan. I had never been to Dallas & because of that, probably felt more connection to the city of Houston. Both teams were doing fairly well that season, & I had heard whispers of a Dallas/Houston Super Bowl.

I remember watching this game then, not knowing a lot about the game; barely understanding the rules, not knowing the players, not understanding the history of these two clubs.

So, I'm watching it now, knowing what I know about the game now.

Buffalo's defence is interesting. Bruce Smith is switching between 4-3 & 3-4 DE. I can see how some people would question his "effort" though I don't believe anyone had.

These receivers..... they all appear to avoid contact at all cost. Andre Reed is amazing.

As is Warren Moon.

Anywho, I just got to half time (28-3 Houston), can't wait to see how this plays out.

thunderkyss
03-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Ah Hell, Houston was robbed.

The referees were paid off.... I can now understand why some folks would hold this opinion.

Bebee makes a catch, holds the ball in the air, an Oiler knocks it out of his hands. Should be a fumble, no one touched Bebee down. But I can understand if the refs are going with the "player giving himself up" rule.

However, Bebee scores on this same drive. He is completely uncovered & it looks like a busted play. However, they show the replay & he clearly goes out of bounds, the CB understands this & turns his attention elsewhere.

But the refs don't see it, Bebee goes in for the score 35-17 Houston.

Lucky
03-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Anywho, I just got to half time (28-3 Houston), can't wait to see how this plays out.
That's not very funny.

TEXANRED
03-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Ah Hell, Houston was robbed.

The referees were paid off.... I can now understand why some folks would hold this opinion.

Bebee makes a catch, holds the ball in the air, an Oiler knocks it out of his hands. Should be a fumble, no one touched Bebee down. But I can understand if the refs are going with the "player giving himself up" rule.

However, Bebee scores on this same drive. He is completely uncovered & it looks like a busted play. However, they show the replay & he clearly goes out of bounds, the CB understands this & turns his attention elsewhere.

But the refs don't see it, Bebee goes in for the score 35-17 Houston.
Why are you doing this to me? Is this supposed to be some sort of Clockwork Orange for Oiler fans? Can I at least get some eye drops?

thunderkyss
03-04-2012, 08:45 PM
That's not very funny.

I wasn't being funny. I honestly didn't remember that game. Like I said, I was only a casual fan, had no connection to the players or the team. I remembered the final score, but not how every thing "played out"

gg no re
03-04-2012, 11:30 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/11/22/129033700146403621.jpg

TEXANRED
03-04-2012, 11:38 PM
I wasn't being funny. I honestly didn't remember that game. Like I said, I was only a casual fan, had no connection to the players or the team. I remembered the final score, but not how every thing "played out"

Why do you hate me?

Vinny
03-05-2012, 10:37 AM
These receivers..... they all appear to avoid contact at all cost. Andre Reed is amazing. Reed should be in the HOF

b0ng
03-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Reed should be in the HOF

And Lynn Swann should be laughed right out of it.

TEXANRED
03-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Reed should be in the HOF

Yes he should. If he wanted to be a HOFer he needed to grab an ESPN job to stay in the spot light. I can't believe Tim Brown still isn't in.

Hardcore Texan
03-06-2012, 10:11 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/11/22/129033700146403621.jpg

This! Oh the agony!! :gun: