PDA

View Full Version : Manningham ready to move on

Mr teX
02-27-2012, 04:26 PM
wouldn't mind seeing him line up next to AJ & he as well as the Giants FO knows he's likely the odd guy out.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/mario-manningham-says-he-is-75-percent-sure-he-wont-return-to-new-york-giants-022612

Texecutioner
02-27-2012, 07:27 PM
He is pretty good, but I'd be pretty disappointed if he became the guy to be the #2 WR for us right now. Don't get me wrong, he could be that guy, but it's not a sure thing there Mr. Tex. I think there are better options out there than Manningham. He wouldn't be the worst guy either though.

JPPT1974
02-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Wonder who will pay him the big bucks?

Blake
02-27-2012, 08:46 PM
I thought Manningham was a cant miss prospect coming out of Michigan. He was flat out better than everyone lining up against him. I still think he has the tools to succeed, but will he have the desire to get better after he gets his contract? We will see. But I think he might be worth a roll of the dice.

Texan4Ever
02-27-2012, 11:13 PM
I thought Manningham was a cant miss prospect coming out of Michigan. He was flat out better than everyone lining up against him. I still think he has the tools to succeed, but will he have the desire to get better after he gets his contract? We will see. But I think he might be worth a roll of the dice.

What killed him (and hurt his draft stock) I think was his 40 yard dash and some other combine-related workouts. His pro career has been decent but he does make those big/clutch plays when his team needs it the most. I wouldn't mind having him on our team so long as it doesn't cost us an arm and a leg.

Mr teX
02-28-2012, 09:51 AM
He is pretty good, but I'd be pretty disappointed if he became the guy to be the #2 WR for us right now. Don't get me wrong, he could be that guy, but it's not a sure thing there Mr. Tex. I think there are better options out there than Manningham. He wouldn't be the worst guy either though.

I agree, would much rather have a D. Bowe, M. Wallace, S. Johnson or even R. Wayne but that's why i believe Manningham could be a serious option for us.....once we find out how this crap with mario & our other FA's shake out. This is 1 of the deepest drafts for a WR in a long time. You combine that with the depth at WR in FA this year & i think he may find that the market isn't there for him thereby forcing his price tag down a bit; Just enough for us to snag him. It would be a nice under the radar signing.

stingray
02-28-2012, 11:20 AM
He's supposed to be going to the Bucs.

Mr teX
02-28-2012, 11:24 AM
He's supposed to be going to the Bucs.

It won't help them.....they need a qb.

Dutchrudder
02-28-2012, 03:47 PM

They may trade up for RG3, then fill other holes in free agency. They have a good chunk of money to spend this year.

Hookem Horns
02-28-2012, 04:02 PM

Don't give up on Freeman yet. He had an off year this season but the entire team quit around him.