PDA

View Full Version : Who has more bragging rights in the Manning house?

dream_team
02-06-2012, 04:32 AM
In regards to their NFL career thus far, which Manning brother has the most bragging rights? Peyton, regarded as one of the best ever. Or Eli, who has more championships.

TheMatrix31
02-06-2012, 04:35 AM
Peyton is still the better quarterback and more successful overall.

Eli can and will keep chipping away though.

ObsiWan
02-06-2012, 04:44 AM
Archie
:peek:

Showtime100
02-06-2012, 05:18 AM
Peyton is the better QB. I like Eli, but Super Bowl and Super Bowl appearances are a terrible way to judge any player.

ObsiWan
02-06-2012, 05:24 AM
Peyton is the better QB. I like Eli, but Super Bowl and Super Bowl appearances are a terrible way to judge any player.

Peyton puts up better fantasy football numbers
Eli wins big games.

Advantage: Eli

Corrosion
02-06-2012, 05:46 AM
Peyton puts up better fantasy football numbers
Eli wins big games.

Advantage: Eli

I have to agree with this -

Stats are for losers. We should know that after the decade of sufferage we've been thru as Texans fans. We always point to the bright spot stats .... but never point to the Trophy.

Championships .... well , they are for "The Champs".

Twice Eli's led his team to 4th quarter comebacks in "The Big Game".

Kinda boils down to how you measure success .... putting up numbers or winning.

Showtime100
02-06-2012, 06:09 AM
Well, you guys are old so I don't care. :turtle:

welsh texan
02-06-2012, 07:18 AM
Peyton is the better QB, obviously, but Eli is the more successful QB.

Also, if you look at both Eli's SB's, its been him who's led that team to the title.

Peyton's had plenty of chances and only taken one of them, the one he lost it was his INT and his inability to get it in in 4 downs in the redzone that ruined their chances.

Also, Peyton is 9-10 in the Playoffs, TJ Yates is at .500, so if they invite TJ round for dinner, he's got bragging rights too :kitten: (thats a joke btw)

Luv_ya_blue
02-06-2012, 07:40 AM
Peyton is one of the best QBs to ever play the game. Very cerebral. One of the best fb minds, imo.

Eli--meh...

I'd take Peyton 6 days a week and twice on Sunday, over Eli.

Just don't like Eli.

Corrosion
02-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Well, you guys are old so I don't care. :turtle:

cough cough ..... you are older than me !

:barman:

Mr teX
02-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Eli is a key cog in the giants machinery....Peyton is/was the team so its still peyton imo. sb's are team efforts. if eli doesnt have that defense he doesnt win anything.

Dutchrudder
02-06-2012, 09:50 AM
Hmmm, bragging rights go to Eli. If I'm an NFL QB I would trade all the league records I could to get another SB Ring. Stats certainly are for losers, winning the big game is what matters and Peyton couldn't get it done against the Saints. Advantage Eli.

thunderkyss
02-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Peyton is still the better quarterback and more successful overall.

Eli can and will keep chipping away though.

I still think of Peyton as the greatest of my generation. This championship, I think, allows Eli to get out of that shadow & just be Eli. People are going to want to compare them all the time. But if I'm Eli, I've got my thing & Peyton has his thing & we can be happy for each other, without the "I'm trying to be Peyton" thing.

I don't think of Eli as a leader, a field general. He's had better teams around him than Peyton every has. So I don't think it's even comparable.

Eli has his thing

Peyton has his thing

& they both have legacies greater than their dad.

NitroGSXR
02-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Eli has always been overshawdowed by Peyton all his life but his two SB rings trumps him now. I'm happy for Eli Manning. You just gotta know Peyton's secretly raging with jealousy. He mad.

Thorn
02-06-2012, 10:11 AM
I don't care one way or the other about either of them. Peyton is washed up now and will never be the same threat in the AFC South. Eli is in the NFC.

But, Eli has two rings as the Giants starting QB, Peyton has one ring and won't get any more unless it's as a coach.

Buffi2
02-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Peyton is the better QB but he really isn't a team player - he is a leader, director and the entire team depends upon him as became readily apparent this year.

Eli is the better team player. Next year Eli's name will be up there with the QBs who have won multiple SBs - not Peyton.

Thus, Eli is the better overall and I'm happy for him.

SheTexan
02-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Threads like THIS ONE is the main reason I wanted the Giants to LOSE!! Who the --------- cares?? I'm so SICK of the Mannings I could puke, esp Eli!!

Sorry I read this thread, sorry I ever heard the word MANNING, sorry I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and realized I didn't DREAM about the fact that the f-n Mannings would be crammed down our throats for the entire off season!!!

I'm out of here for a while! Be back when FA or talk about the draft starts! Maybe by then the Manning show will be coming to a close, for a while anyway!!:scarygirl:

I apologize NOW for being in such a bad mood today, and for offending all you Manning lovers!! I won't be back for a few weeks so I have to do it NOW instead of after you all blast me to hell an back!!

To KEVIN: Thanks for tolerating me, and for putting up with my intense dislike for your second fav team, well, their QB anyway. I would totally understand if you want to ban me!

NitroGSXR
02-06-2012, 11:19 AM
Threads like THIS ONE is the main reason I wanted the Giants to LOSE!! Who the --------- cares?? I'm so SICK of the Mannings I could puke, esp Eli!!

Sorry I read this thread, sorry I ever heard the word MANNING, sorry I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and realized I didn't DREAM about the fact that the f-n Mannings would be crammed down our throats for the entire off season!!!

I'm out of here for a while! Be back when FA or talk about the draft starts! Maybe by then the Manning show will be coming to a close, for a while anyway!!:scarygirl:

I apologize NOW for being in such a bad mood today, and for offending all you Manning lovers!! I won't be back for a few weeks so I have to do it NOW instead of after you all blast me to hell an back!!

To KEVIN: Thanks for tolerating me, and for putting up with my intense dislike for your second fav team, well, their QB anyway. I would totally understand if you want to ban me!

Yeahhhhhh!!!!!!!

BAN G'MA!!

:lol:

Enjoy your offseason and retirement. See you next year!

Dread-Head
02-06-2012, 11:27 AM
Payton is a considerably better than his brother. His brother just has an extra ring is all.

thunderkyss
02-06-2012, 11:44 AM
Payton is a considerably better than his brother. His brother just has an extra ring is all.

Peyton is a first ballot HOFer..... Eli, not so much. Not yet anyway.

Blake
02-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Yes it is a team sport, but since we are comparing them individually, Eli has 8 wins and 3 losses in the playoffs with 2/2 Superbowl wins. Peyton has 9 wins, 10 losses and 1/2 Superbowl wins.

Unless Peyton comes back I think Eli has more bragging rights, and Eli is the better QB.

thunderkyss
02-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Yes it is a team sport, but since we are comparing them individually, Eli has 8 wins and 3 losses in the playoffs with 2/2 Superbowl wins. Peyton has 9 wins, 10 losses and 1/2 Superbowl wins.

Unless Peyton comes back I think Eli has more bragging rights, and Eli is the better QB.

Peyton is going into the HOF..... As of now, Eli is not.

Peyton still has bragging rights. Maybe he'll allow Eli to say a few words at his induction.

silvrhand
02-06-2012, 11:56 AM

Dunno if Eli has the bragging rights, but he is stepping up his game, Peyton had to go through the AFC when the teams were the steelers, ravens, and patriots, I'd say the AFC has had the tougher playoff runs the last 10 years.

NFC.. not so much..

Blake
02-06-2012, 12:05 PM

Peyton still has bragging rights. Maybe he'll allow Eli to say a few words at his induction.

Why does Peyton have bragging rights? Eli has more SB rings and more playoff victories by a long shot. Not to mention Eli has done so in 8 seasons compared to Peytons 13. seasons.

Eli will have plenty of time to give his HOF Speech when its his time.

thunderkyss
02-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Eli will have plenty of time to give his HOF Speech when its his time.

Eli is a plus one to the HOF inductions...... he's Peyton's plus one.

Vinny
02-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Who cares? I don't run around on Christmas telling my Sister how much better at my job than she is. I don't think the Mannings give a crap about something this juvenille. They are both pretty successful no matter how you slice it.

Blake
02-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Eli is a plus one to the HOF inductions...... he's Peyton's plus one.

:ok:

Blake
02-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Who cares? I don't run around on Christmas telling my Sister how much better at my job than she is. I don't think the Mannings give a crap about something this juvenille.

Apparently the OP cares. Nobody is forcing you to waste your time on this juvenille thread.

Vinny
02-06-2012, 12:27 PM

Peyton still has bragging rights. Maybe he'll allow Eli to say a few words at his induction.They are both HOF'ers.

Vinny
02-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Apparently the OP cares. Nobody is forcing you to waste your time on this juvenille thread.

it's just my comment, if you don't like it....tough luck.

Rick_Moon
02-06-2012, 12:54 PM
I don't know how anyone could honestly think Eli is better than Peyton. Championships are a horrible way to compare players. Using that logic, Adam Vinatieri is the greatest kicker of all time, David Carr is better than Philip Rivers, and Robert Horry is better than Michael Jordan.

Eli is clutch in the 4th and a great part of his team; Peyton is the team.

Blake
02-06-2012, 01:17 PM
I don't know how anyone could honestly think Eli is better than Peyton. Championships are a horrible way to compare players. Using that logic, Adam Vinatieri is the greatest kicker of all time, David Carr is better than Philip Rivers, and Robert Horry is better than Michael Jordan.

Eli is clutch in the 4th and a great part of his team; Peyton is the team.

Nobody just uses championship rings. When you factor in playoff games and the fact that they are both able to throw for a ton of yards (Eli threw for over 4900 this year) I can suggest that Eli is just as good or better than Peyton. How good is a QB really when he cant even 50% of his career playoff games?

Dutchrudder
02-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Put Eli on the Texans this year and we go to the Super Bowl. Put Peyton on the Texans this year and we get a top 10 draft pick.

:kitten:

Double Barrel
02-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Who has more bragging rights in the Manning house?

It's a no brainer. They play the game with one goal in mind. Championship.

While I agree with Vinny in that I doubt either brother brags to the other, it's fun as fans to speculate about this silly stuff.

On that note, if they are bragging about individual honors and achievements, then Peyton has the upper hand.

But, ultimately, they play the game with one goal in mind. Championship. Eli has this one in his corner.

Vinny
02-06-2012, 01:33 PM
It's a no brainer. They play the game with one goal in mind. Championship.

While I agree with Vinny in that I doubt either brother brags to the other, it's fun as fans to speculate about this silly stuff.

On that note, if they are bragging about individual honors and achievements, then Peyton has the upper hand.

But, ultimately, they play the game with one goal in mind. Championship. Eli has this one in his corner.yeah, I have no problem with fans talking about this...I was just being literal to the thread title...I don't see the "Manning house" judging their play (I know it wasn't literal....but wth). I think I'm just too dry at times.

Naiirb
02-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Begins and ends with Super Bowl rings

Double Barrel
02-06-2012, 01:44 PM
yeah, I have no problem with fans talking about this...I was just being literal to the thread title...I don't see the "Manning house" judging their play (I know it wasn't literal....but wth). I think I'm just too dry at times.

In my head, I have a imaginary funny scenario for a Thanksgiving at the Mannings. Eli points over the table, both rings glistening, asking Peyton "please pass the mash potatoes". :D

I'm sure reality has nothing to do with it.

Showtime100
02-06-2012, 04:36 PM
cough cough ..... you are older than me !

:barman:

How unfortunate for me you to noticed. :D

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Emoticons/054.gif

Scooter
02-06-2012, 04:41 PM
i think this year's colts pretty much sums it up. eli might have more rings, but look at the crap peyton's been playing with - and won a championship himself with.

Blake
02-06-2012, 04:49 PM
i think this year's colts pretty much sums it up. eli might have more rings, but look at the crap peyton's been playing with - and won a championship himself with.

You sure it had nothing to do with them losing Melvin Bullitt, and their defensive signal caller Gary Brackett at the beginning of the season?

Not to mention I dont think the Colts as an organization tried very hard to win many games. They are suspiciously good at getting the first pick when a once in a generation QB hits the market.

Showtime100
02-06-2012, 04:51 PM

Agreed. I also think the teams the Colts had to go through were better, more complete teams than what Eli and the Giants went through, this year anyway. The Pack is a good football team but no defense to speak of, same for the Pats, and the Niners were really good but gift-wrapped their game vs the Giants.

DBCooper
02-06-2012, 05:07 PM
To answer the original question:

Eli just won the friggin Super Bowl!!!!!!!!

Showtime100
02-06-2012, 05:11 PM
To answer the original question:

Eli just won the friggin Super Bowl!!!!!!!!

Coop's right, ya know. Better or not is one question, but bragging rights in the Manning world is certainly not in doubt at this time. :kitten:

DownByContact
02-06-2012, 11:09 PM
Better QB: Peyton
Bragging Rights: Eli

gg no re
02-06-2012, 11:16 PM
http://media.egotvonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/eli.jpg
eli dgaf swaggggg

Hagar
02-06-2012, 11:45 PM
No matter how many statistical records Payton breaks or how many league MVP he gets, all Eli has to say is:

Count the rings *****!

TexanSam
02-07-2012, 12:05 AM
I wonder if this makes Peyton more likely to request a trade or release from the Colts in order to try and one win one or more rings. There's gotta be just a little sibling rivalry there.

Also, I wonder how much it kills Peyton to see Eli get both rings against the Patriots.

DBCooper
02-07-2012, 12:32 AM
I wonder if this makes Peyton more likely to request a trade or release from the Colts in order to try and one win one or more rings. There's gotta be just a little sibling rivalry there.

Also, I wonder how much it kills Peyton to see Eli get both rings against the Patriots.

I bet Peyton is as happy and proud of Eli as any big brother could be.

StarStruck
02-07-2012, 12:46 AM
I bet Peyton is as happy and proud of Eli as any big brother could be.

Eli was on Letterman tonight, and when the two rings were mentioned, he said something to effect about his two rings and Peyton's four MVPs.

Double Barrel
02-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Agreed. I also think the teams the Colts had to go through were better, more complete teams than what Eli and the Giants went through, this year anyway. The Pack is a good football team but no defense to speak of, same for the Pats, and the Niners were really good but gift-wrapped their game vs the Giants.

Peyton had an expansion team to beat up and pad his stats twice a year for a decade. That is 25% of his division he never had to even worry about, whereas the NFC east has been a solid division for years.

gary
02-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Only if the Colts beat the Saints like they should have, then what?

Double Barrel
02-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Eli has never thrown a pick 6 in a Super Bowl. Peyton has... :hmmm:

Texecutioner
02-07-2012, 01:56 PM
I love how everyone is so fickle and prisoners of the moment every year in the NFL and changes their opinions like the weather. Especially the goofy media pundits who won't get off of Eli's jock now and keep calling him elite.

Eli is not elite. He has never been elite. He has been top ten for many years though. I've said that for quite a while when people would always overly criticize him, because he was Peydon's brother and because he played in NY where the critics are way over board. The guy has been solid for years now.

But this constant stroking of Eli Manning all of a sudden is a joke from so many that have hated on him for years. Questioning whether he is better than Tom Brady or his brother Peydon???? Anyone who actually would act like he is better than either one of them or even Brees and Rodgers has no business discussing QB's. Eli led the freaking league in INT's last season for god sakes. He has never been in the top half of the league in statistically or been thought of as an elite QB. How the hell do you go all season without being mentioned as elite, but all because you beat Rodgers now you're elite?? Sorry, but this hype that Eli has gotten has gone way over board. He's had a great post season run for the 2nd time, but he is in no way shape or form up there with his brother or other guys like Brady and Brees.

Trap_Star
02-07-2012, 01:58 PM
cooper...he has the bigger penis.

Blake
02-07-2012, 02:01 PM
Eli has never thrown a pick 6 in a Super Bowl. Peyton has... :hmmm:

Eli is an outstanding clutch time QB. There is no refuting that.

gary
02-07-2012, 02:04 PM
I think Eli will still need some more Pro Bowls because just two is not enough.

Blake
02-07-2012, 02:07 PM
I think Eli will still need some more Pro Bowls because just two is not enough.

Today the Pro Bowl is a joke. Its a popularity contest and I could care less how many you have.

Hardcore Texan
02-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Hmmm, bragging rights go to Eli. If I'm an NFL QB I would trade all the league records I could to get another SB Ring. Stats certainly are for losers, winning the big game is what matters and Peyton couldn't get it done against the Saints. Advantage Eli.

This is where I am at as well.

I love how everyone is so fickle and prisoners of the moment every year in the NFL and changes their opinions like the weather. Especially the goofy media pundits who won't get off of Eli's jock now and keep calling him elite.

Eli is not elite. He has never been elite. He has been top ten for many years though. I've said that for quite a while when people would always overly criticize him, because he was Peydon's brother and because he played in NY where the critics are way over board. The guy has been solid for years now.

But this constant stroking of Eli Manning all of a sudden is a joke from so many that have hated on him for years. Questioning whether he is better than Tom Brady or his brother Peydon???? Anyone who actually would act like he is better than either one of them or even Brees and Rodgers has no business discussing QB's. Eli led the freaking league in INT's last season for god sakes. He has never been in the top half of the league in statistically or been thought of as an elite QB. How the hell do you go all season without being mentioned as elite, but all because you beat Rodgers now you're elite?? Sorry, but this hype that Eli has gotten has gone way over board. He's had a great post season run for the 2nd time, but he is in no way shape or form up there with his brother or other guys like Brady and Brees.

I have to disagree with the bolded. I haven't ever been an Eli fan but I have to give credit where it's due. He is elite, if not he's on the cusp. He belongs in the same conversation with Brees, Rodgers, and Brady. Hell he just out played Brady. It is what it is.

gary
02-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Today the Pro Bowl is a joke. Its a popularity contest and I could care less how many you have.Still, it plays a roll along with every other NFL award given out like MVP and so on. I am in favor of not having a Pro Bowl but until then it still matters.

hobie
02-07-2012, 03:33 PM

The funny thing with this whole ELITE thing is that it was asked of Eli if he thought he was...He gave his opinion of himself, which if he really felt that way, that is how he should have answered it.. By no means did he say he was unprovoked or anything, he was asked a question.. The media took it and made it into a hell of a story, in which it played out that NY won the Super Bowl. That just added to the original story months ago.
Being a Giants fan as well, is Eli elite, no, but he in the next tier with a select few men. Nothing to cry about if you are a top 6-8 QB in this league. And ya know, so what, he can be the 28th best, he still has 2 rings he earned.. There are ELITE qb's now who have less than that with better teams..

Doppelganger
02-07-2012, 03:49 PM
In regards to their NFL career thus far, which Manning brother has the most bragging rights? Peyton, regarded as one of the best ever. Or Eli, who has more championships.

Cooper. "Its easy being a winner in the pros. Just try winning two high school basketball championships!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVD0l3IS21g&feature=related

Vinny
02-07-2012, 05:12 PM
I think Eli will still need some more Pro Bowls because just two is not enough.Dr Doom (Robert Brazille) went to 7 of them. Zippo on the HOF.

Eli is a shoo-in HOF'er imo.

gary
02-07-2012, 05:24 PM
Dr Doom (Robert Brazille) went to 7 of them. Zippo on the HOF.

Eli is a shoo-in HOF'er imo.He should be. Eli probably will win more rings and get in.

Showtime100
02-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Peyton had an expansion team to beat up and pad his stats twice a year for a decade. That is 25% of his division he never had to even worry about, whereas the NFC east has been a solid division for years.

Sure, agreed. I was mainly talking playoffs. However, if you look at the NFC East

The 2006 Colts had to play Kansas City (weak), Baltimore (13-3), and New England (12-4) for the right to play a tough Chicago team in 2006. That was a tough road. That after playing the division to a standstill. They beat Hou, Ten, and Jax, only beating us easily, at home then lost to all three later on the road, including us! Maybe he should have worried).

I argue the 2006 Colts had no free pass when compared to the 2011 Giants (3-3 division record), yet had a much tougher playoff mountain to climb.

I guess we are talking different things, me the SB years for each team and you an era (if you will).

thunderkyss
02-07-2012, 09:35 PM
Eli is a shoo-in HOF'er imo.

What makes you think Eli is a shoo-in?

I'm just not seeing it.

gg no re
02-07-2012, 10:01 PM

I'm just not seeing it.

I think it's because he's been able to play at such a high level of competition in both the NFL and the Oreo Double Stuf Racing League.

Vinny
02-08-2012, 12:58 AM

I'm just not seeing it.
not shocked...Eli's second sb win has 20 guys from the first playoff team - twenty. None of his wide outs were the same. Manning beat HOF'er Tom Brady twice in the game that matters most with a largely different team than the first one. Manning produced in the playoffs and is producing in the playoffs....he's still young. He's on pace to throw for 40.000 yards in the next two seasons. I think he is the most over-picked apart guy in the league. I think people largely underappreciate his abilities. The guy makes clutch plays, has beat the best team of his generation twice in two tries - in the game that matters most, and is great in the locker room. 40-50K yards in a career are few and far between, throw in a few Lombardi trophies, a couple of SB MVP's and he's a friggin' sheeeeeeeeew in as Ed Sullivan would say.

ObsiWan
02-08-2012, 01:35 AM
I still think of Peyton as the greatest of my generation. This championship, I think, allows Eli to get out of that shadow & just be Eli. People are going to want to compare them all the time. But if I'm Eli, I've got my thing & Peyton has his thing & we can be happy for each other, without the "I'm trying to be Peyton" thing.

I don't think of Eli as a leader, a field general. He's had better teams around him than Peyton every has. So I don't think it's even comparable.

Eli has his thing

Peyton has his thing

& they both have legacies greater than their dad.

Wait WHAT??

Who has Eli had to compare with Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Marshall Faulk (yeah, he was there when Peyton arrived), Eggerin James (who made Faulk expendable - big mistake), Dallas Clark???

Peyton has had legit weapons around him from day one. Who, on Eli's team, will you remember once this Super Bowl hangover fades? Any of them on Marvin Harrison's or Reggie Wayne's or Eggerin James' level?

Peyton puts up F/F numbers during the season.
Eli wins in the post-season.

Peyton beat Rex Grossman (who was bad Rex on that rainy night) for his only ring.
Eli out Brady'ed Tom Brady. Twice.

Maddict5
02-08-2012, 05:59 AM
Dunno if Eli has the bragging rights, but he is stepping up his game, Peyton had to go through the AFC when the teams were the steelers, ravens, and patriots, I'd say the AFC has had the tougher playoff runs the last 10 years.

NFC.. not so much..

dunno how you can say that... afc/nfc is 5-5 each in last 10 SB's inc the nfc's current 4-1 record in the last 5

Vinny
02-08-2012, 11:00 AM
dunno how you can say that... afc/nfc is 5-5 each in last 10 SB's inc the nfc's current 4-1 record in the last 5
the NFC may have had one dominant team each season but the AFC has more top teams than the NFC has had in the upper tier the last few years, so it's been a tougher road to the SB with less mediocre playoff participants in the AFC.

thunderkyss
02-08-2012, 06:58 PM
40-50K yards in a career are few and far between, throw in a few Lombardi trophies, a couple of SB MVP's and he's a friggin' sheeeeeeeeew in as Ed Sullivan would say.

Gotcha.. he's not a shoe-in now, but if he continues to perform like you think he'll perform, he'll be a shoe-in.