PDA

View Full Version : IF the texans were in the super bowl

Norg
02-05-2012, 10:58 PM
How do u think we would of matched up and played aganist the giants ?????

well one thing do u think Shaun COdy/Mitchell would have been able to stop the Giants RB's ??????? i dont think so

DocBar
02-05-2012, 11:11 PM
how do u think we would of matched up and played aganist the giants ?????

Well one thing do u think shaun cody/mitchell would have been able to stop the giants rb's ??????? I dont think so117-0 texans!!!!

thunderkyss
02-05-2012, 11:13 PM

well one thing do u think Shaun COdy/Mitchell would have been able to stop the Giants RB's ??????? i dont think so

Why do this? It's bad enough we weren't there.

I've been hearing this all week, from friends & family. "If Matt this" "If Jacoby that" yada yada yada.....

We didn't make it, we weren't there.

The Giants played the Patriots in the SuperBowl 4 years ago & this game was nothing like that. The Giants played the Patriots what 4, 6 weeks ago & this game was nothing like that.

You saw those balls that Welker, Hernandez, Grant dropped? Different game, different pressures, different atmosphere... you can't coulda woulda shoulda this..

But, I do enjoy rubbing it into my Cowboy-fan "friends"...... that should've been you......

BWAAAAhHhaaahaahahaaahaha

Norg
02-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Why do this? It's bad enough we weren't there.

I've been hearing this all week, from friends & family. "If Matt this" "If Jacoby that" yada yada yada.....

We didn't make it, we weren't there.

The Giants played the Patriots in the SuperBowl 4 years ago & this game was nothing like that. The Giants played the Patriots what 4, 6 weeks ago & this game was nothing like that.

You saw those balls that Welker, Hernandez, Grant dropped? Different game, different pressures, different atmosphere... you can't coulda woulda shoulda this..

But, I do enjoy rubbing it into my Cowboy-fan "friends"...... that should've been you......

BWAAAAhHhaaahaahahaaahaha

i really just wanted to talk about the Texans players and how u think they would of matched up with the giants

i know this last time we played the GIants we got killed

EllisUnit
02-05-2012, 11:36 PM

why wouldnt they be able to stop the giants RBs. I didnt see much from them that impressed me in the Super Bowl. Not to mention the Patriots defense cant even be mentioned in the same sentence as the texns defense.

thunderkyss
02-05-2012, 11:38 PM
i really just wanted to talk about the Texans players and how u think they would of matched up with the giants

i know this last time we played the GIants we got killed

I honestly don't know.

That LB that intercepted that ball.... it must have hung in the air for an hour for him. Do we have a LB, mentally tough enough to focus for that "hour" to pull that ball in?

Victor Cruz, Hakeem Nicks, Mario Manningham... all those guys, young... clutch. Would our guys handle the pressure of this game that way?

Eli.... sacked 3 times, but never stopped playing, never stopped trusting his protection, made some ridiculous throws. Do we have a QB on our roster who could pull through like that?

Heck, would we even get into a shootout... slinging the ball like that? I mean our game plan would have been to run up & down the Giants... if we couldn't & had to go to plan B, can we flip that switch like that?

Bulls on Parade
02-05-2012, 11:54 PM
I think the Texans can beat the Giants if healthy. If you're talking about Schaub and Mario back on the field, I think Houston would have beaten them 31-17 and we'd be celebrating a Texans championship year. They would have finished 14-2 and as the first seed, blew out the Broncos and Ravens at home, and then they would have spanked the Giants by two Touchdowns. If only health was on our side. Maybe it will be in 2012 as we make that march to the Superdome in New Orleans.

ThaJokaa
02-06-2012, 12:02 AM
Doesn't matter, but HWSNBN has a ring now...

Mr. Texan
02-06-2012, 12:33 AM
you never know what could happen in a super bowl.

one of our key players could have gotten injured in the super bowl.

kubiak could have gotten outcoached.

schuab could have got hurried and folded like a chair.

whoever kareem jackson was covering could have had a big game.

congrats to the giants.

could we have beaten them? sure

then again i think the rockets could have beat the lakers in 09 with a healthy t-mac and yao

we need to come back next year and STAY HEALTHY because as a rockets fan i hate the "if" game.

76Texan
02-06-2012, 01:22 AM
JFYI

After watching the SB (and almost every single Pats game the last two years) I see that Kareem Jackson ahead of McCourty was, is, and will remain the correct call.

The Pats have been playing McCourty more and more at safety.
And they play a lot of cover 2 no matter who is at CB.
It makes the job harder for the front players when they can't bring a safety down to help either the running game or pressuring the QB or playing the TE close to the vest.

Norg
02-06-2012, 02:46 AM
yes McCourty Jackson and that CB from the jets forgot name

All came from the same draft right

i think Jackson is playing the best out of all of them dont chu think

76Texan
02-06-2012, 03:06 AM
yes McCourty Jackson and that CB from the jets forgot name

All came from the same draft right

i think Jackson is playing the best out of all of them dont chu thinkRight, all three were from the same draft.

Kyle Wilson was in the dog house for a while last year due to poor play and too many penalties. He was playing mostly nickel back and some CB at the time. He's now playing nickel back for the Jets.

fiasco west
02-06-2012, 03:35 AM

Why not? The Texans have a much better defense than the Patriots...much better.

Still though can't say we'd win or anything, I'm sure the Giants defense would get a few TOs themselves.

ThaShark316
02-06-2012, 03:47 AM
Right, all three were from the same draft.

Kyle Wilson was in the dog house for a while last year due to poor play and too many penalties. He was playing mostly nickel back and some CB at the time. He's now playing nickel back for the Jets.

All those CBs are "ehh" at best. Wilson, Jackson, McCourty, Robinson...

Premier
02-06-2012, 04:11 AM

cowboys get waxxxxxxxed by the packers...

thunderkyss
02-06-2012, 08:20 AM
JFYI

After watching the SB (and almost every single Pats game the last two years) I see that Kareem Jackson ahead of McCourty was, is, and will remain the correct call.

The Pats have been playing McCourty more and more at safety.
And they play a lot of cover 2 no matter who is at CB.
It makes the job harder for the front players when they can't bring a safety down to help either the running game or pressuring the QB or playing the TE close to the vest.

Still hard to say. Different systems, different coaches, different philosophies..... McCourty looks to be more athletic to me. I think 2010, he would have looked just as lost as Kjack had Smithiak selected him instead. But, he'd have looked a lot closer to his rookie season this year, with the pressure we got on the QB in 2011. Jackson still has issues..... mostly confidence I think. Like he's still thinking way too much.

Playing McCourty at Safety is more about Belichick being fluid with his personnel. Putting the best players/athletes on the field & letting them make plays. Maybe. You'd think you'd want your best athlete playing CB & not Safety...... they have Molden playing CB, so I don't know.

Next year, 2012, I think will be more telling.

SheTexan
02-06-2012, 09:29 AM
I've been reading for YEARS that a good DEFENSE and a strong RUNNING game wins SBs! HA!! Tell that to the Giants! True, they gotta be "good" but, if that were the case we (or the Ravens) would be celebrating today rather than the Giants. SBs are won in the air!!! JMO!!

2012Champs
02-06-2012, 09:37 AM
I think the Texans can beat the Giants if healthy. If you're talking about Schaub and Mario back on the field, I think Houston would have beaten them 31-17 and we'd be celebrating a Texans championship year. They would have finished 14-2 and as the first seed, blew out the Broncos and Ravens at home, and then they would have spanked the Giants by two Touchdowns. If only health was on our side. Maybe it will be in 2012 as we make that march to the Superdome in New Orleans.

I think we had 3 losses before Schaub went out

welsh texan
02-06-2012, 09:52 AM
I've been reading for YEARS that a good DEFENSE and a strong RUNNING game wins SBs! HA!! Tell that to the Giants! True, they gotta be "good" but, if that were the case we (or the Ravens) would be celebrating today rather than the Giants. SBs are won in the air!!! JMO!!

I think this is a new thing. With all the rule changes having a passing game that can exploit them for 5000 yards a season is becoming more important than a D that can't stop it anyway due to the rules.

That draft was a horrible draft for CB's, I'm expecting KJax to become a decent player in this league under Wade, though I doubt he'll ever live up to 1st round status (we all expect a shutdown corner from a first round pick, which may be a problem)

dream_team
02-06-2012, 10:34 AM

This is no longer valid in today's NFL. I think the Giants are a good model of how successful teams will be built. Be able to throw the ball downfield, and pressure the QB, is the new recipe for success.

thunderkyss
02-06-2012, 11:19 AM
I think this is a new thing. With all the rule changes having a passing game that can exploit them for 5000 yards a season is becoming more important than a D that can't stop it anyway due to the rules.

That draft was a horrible draft for CB's, I'm expecting KJax to become a decent player in this league under Wade, though I doubt he'll ever live up to 1st round status (we all expect a shutdown corner from a first round pick, which may be a problem)

I honestly think if he can stop thinking & just play, he'll be a shutdown corner.

76Texan
02-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Still hard to say. Different systems, different coaches, different philosophies..... McCourty looks to be more athletic to me. I think 2010, he would have looked just as lost as Kjack had Smithiak selected him instead. But, he'd have looked a lot closer to his rookie season this year, with the pressure we got on the QB in 2011. Jackson still has issues..... mostly confidence I think. Like he's still thinking way too much.

Playing McCourty at Safety is more about Belichick being fluid with his personnel. Putting the best players/athletes on the field & letting them make plays. Maybe. You'd think you'd want your best athlete playing CB & not Safety...... they have Molden playing CB, so I don't know.

Next year, 2012, I think will be more telling.
In the regular season,the Texans recorded 44 sacks;
The Pats had 40.
Overall, I would say the Texans had more QB pressures and hurries than the Pats by watching the games.
That much is true.

However, we also need to isolate the situations and see whether that pressure is helping a certain CB or not.
The situation like the one in which Mario saved JJo in the Indy game, for example.

On the other hand, you also trade pressure for safety help.
When the safety is in position, did he help or was he a little slow or completely late in providing help.

When you isolate the one-on-one situation where the CB doesn't get any help from either pressure or safety, McCourty looked worse than Jackson even in 2010.
2011 was a complete disaster for McCourty, hence the move to safety.

The Pats had McCourty play safety before Molden ever saw the field at CB.
Obviously, we don't know what the Pats coaching staff has been trying to do (their reason for the move.)
On that end, I agree that next year we will be able to find out more about these players.

76Texan
02-06-2012, 11:31 AM

This is a totally unrealistic expectation.
For example, the Chargers CBs were both first rounders.
They are long-time veterans now and neither of them is anywhere near that description. That goes for several other 1st rounders as well.

There are a lot of cover 2 corners in this league.
Molden, even with his 4.39 speed at the combine doesn't cut it as a man-coverage CB.

thunderkyss
02-06-2012, 11:47 AM
They are long-time veterans now and neither of them is anywhere near that description. That goes for several other 1st rounders as well.

Molden, even with his 4.39 speed at the combine doesn't cut it as a man-coverage CB.

I think that's his point. With the new rules, you aren't going to have many shutdown corners anymore. Even Revis.... if it weren't for his reputation, he'd be the most penalized CB in the league.

Vinny
02-06-2012, 12:57 PM
I think that's his point. With the new rules, you aren't going to have many shutdown corners anymore. Even Revis.... if it weren't for his reputation, he'd be the most penalized CB in the league.

oh pleeeeze, this ain't the NBA. Nobody is giving Revis any kind of help with the officiating like the NBA gives its superstars.

thunderkyss
02-06-2012, 01:51 PM
oh pleeeeze, this ain't the NBA. Nobody is giving Revis any kind of help with the officiating like the NBA gives its superstars.

:ok:

Next time I'll ask you what I saw before I post my opinion.

Vinny
02-06-2012, 03:27 PM
:ok:

Next time I'll ask you what I saw before I post my opinion.
what the heck does that mean anyway? I'm not telling you what you saw, but if you think the NFL is giving DR special treatment let me ask you why? He's just some dude...why give him powers to avoid penalties nobody else has? We just let him commit penalties that nobody else can get away with because he is cool?

welsh texan
02-06-2012, 03:41 PM

Exactly, perhaps I should have said '...which may be a problem with our perspective' instead, I'm excited to see Kjax next season, I'm expecting a big improvement again, and imo, if he improves as much from last season to next as he did from his rookie year to last season, he's going to be pretty good.

Especially later in the year I saw a lot of plays where KJax was in really great coverage, and that includes a few big plays he gave up where I felt he was simply unlucky and forced a great throw/catch from the opposition.

I don't get the idea of drafting CB2 this season (and definately not going for a FA one), we have a backlog of young talent at the position already, and just because none of them are the finished article yet doesn't mean you give up on them so early.

thunderkyss
02-06-2012, 03:59 PM
I don't get the idea of drafting CB2 this season (and definately not going for a FA one), we have a backlog of young talent at the position already, and just because none of them are the finished article yet doesn't mean you give up on them so early.

Agreed.

Wasn't too long ago some were giving the Texans a hard time for letting Tramon Williams go.

ObsiWan
02-06-2012, 04:21 PM
I think we had 3 losses before Schaub went out

True statement.

We were actually 3-3, then went on that 7-game win streak.

Rey
02-06-2012, 04:37 PM

I don't think we have to go out and actively seek DB talent like we did last off-season....BUT if you we have the oprotunity to upgrade the talent level without breaking the bank or at a reasonable price, you do it.

No, you probably aren't going to get two shutdown corners, but that doesn't mean you have to be complacent with what you have either.

And just because a lot of teams don't have two shut down guys doesn't mean that can't be your goal. We have Joseph, if we get lucky with a corner we already have or if we draft a guy then you have two really good, playmaking corners for atleast a few years...

Look at the Jets last year. They went out and actively pursued Aso even though they already had Revis. They would have had what many considered to be the top 2 corners in the league.

Can you imagine if they'd have skipped over Aso and instead went after Joseph?

Phew...We (along with the NFL) dodged a bullet on that one. JJo and Revis would have been sick. I'm talking about puking, vomit everywhere, stomach cramps, fever, sweating, snot....sick...

ObsiWan
02-06-2012, 04:42 PM

I can think of a Monday night game where Revis mugged the receiver then intercepted the ball intended for him and ran it back for six. Can't say if it was because it was Revis in the coverage but it sure looked like the refs "let that contact go" when Revis knocked the guy off his route.
3rd and 7 at NYJ 15 M.Moore pass short left intended for B.Marshall INTERCEPTED by D.Revis at NYJ 0. D.Revis for 100 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
LoS was the 15... he ran it back 100 yds.... which means he snagged it in the end zone. So he was way past the 5-yd no-contact boundary.

Just seems like Revis gets away with more bumping than less famous guys do. But that could just be my perception.

For the record, I think the refs should call all DB/WR contact that way. A little bumping and jostling is okay by me.

badboy
02-10-2012, 11:33 PM
Our healthy roster against their healthy roster, we do very well. More importantly, our 2012 roster will be significantly better.

rush2112mn
02-11-2012, 02:13 PM
117-0 texans!!!!

Texans 200.....Giants 2 lmfao.....why not.....lol

BullBlitz
02-11-2012, 07:12 PM
I've seen no evidence that the Giants would have lost to us.